47 47
quade

DB Cooper

5 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Eric Ulis.... quite the wild theory, pure speculation. A new narrative, a new adventure..

When you have nothing make up a new story and goal ... to stay in the social media. Its called 'staying in the game'. It keeps the game going. At some point winnings vs losses determines a new game/tactic. Its all about Ulis. Spectators must stay in the game to decide later if it has anything to do with - Ulis vs DB Cooper! We had Colbert. Its now Ulis. Its an internet soap opera with tv productions to come ... stay tuned. This may have something to do with DB Cooper, or not! Keep up your membership to find out... two to five years to go! With weekly updates along the way. KEEP THE GAME GOING! YOU CAN WIN!

Edited by georger

Here we go,,  Ulis has his facts wrong... 

He claims because Cooper had no luggage and insisted on taking off with airstairs down he intended to jump in the outskirts of Seattle. But Cooper's initial demand was airstairs to be opened inflight. It was changed to down on takeoff during negotiations with the crew after Reno was in play then ultimately agreed to lowered inflight.

This is clear in pilot transcripts and the FBI docs...

Not sure what no luggage means.. he can't jump with luggage.

So, Ulis has developed his theory based on a false premise... 

Since Cooper's initial demand was airstairs lowered inflight he didn't plan to jump in the outskirts of Seattle,,  and besides there is no way to jump near enough to a stashed rental car.

Then Ulis has Cooper going back to Seattle in a rental car and flying back East..   this is crazy.

It looks like Ulis is trying to write a movie script.

6 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Here we go,,  Ulis has his facts wrong... 

He claims because Cooper had no luggage and insisted on taking off with airstairs down he intended to jump in the outskirts of Seattle. But Cooper's initial demand was airstairs to be opened inflight. It was changed to down on takeoff during negotiations with the crew after Reno was in play then ultimately agreed to lowered inflight.

This is clear in pilot transcripts and the FBI docs...

Not sure what no luggage means.. he can't jump with luggage.

So, Ulis has developed his theory based on a false premise... 

Since Cooper's initial demand was airstairs lowered inflight he didn't plan to jump in the outskirts of Seattle,,  and besides there is no way to jump near enough to a stashed rental car.

Then Ulis has Cooper going back to Seattle in a rental car and flying back East..   this is crazy.

It looks like Ulis is trying to write a movie script.

Facts mean nothing to Ulis ... its the production that matters. Guess he dropped out of the congress race, so he has plenty of time to fill .. . image is everything.

Edited by georger

The Fenn Chase chain smoker guy throws down hard, ouch, incoming, seems a fight is roaring over HAHAHA.. and the control of the remaining books.

Smoker guy claims to have solved the case through HAHAHA though he sounds a bit stoned. Get your T-shirts at 20% off.. and a bronze trinket made from stolen sprinkler heads. Paypal only please.

Is he referring to NickyB? I think so.

High drama and misdemeanours in the Vortex and the Chase..  two realities collide in a turf war,, who will win.. is an HBO special in the works?

language warning,, he disparages Cooperites.

and again.. even more stoned

Edited by FLYJACK

10 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Lisa? Are you saying that Cooper was a girl in disguise? That's been proposed already with Bobby Dayton. 

That was a joke of course. You mean Lisa Story, the woman who isn't afraid to lie right alongside Carl Laurin regarding Walter Reca. She does most of the lying. He makes up the phony documents. It's a team effort I'm sure. 

Maybe you should call out people like that once in a while, Darren. Instead of supporting their lies. 

What lies? Start here. ¬¬ That article I linked has a lot more truth to it than anything this Lisa Story told you. 

What a hilarious joke. 

Lisa is kind, wonderful, and honest person. 

She's never sent me dozens of crazy and hateful emails in the middle of the night. She doesn't refer to herself in the third person. She doesn't pretend she's running a company. She doesn't write crazy stories about people and post them on her blog. She never threatened to sue me. She never emailed me asking to come on the show, but she would write all the questions and answers in advance. She doesn't pretend she knows everything about book publishing. She doesn't annoy people with details of her personal life or camping gear purchases on a Skydiving forum thread labeled DB Cooper. She hasn't been banned from any websites. She never interfered with some one else's events. She doesn't pretend to have an audience. She's not a convicted felon.

I'm not interested in calling anyone out. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Have a nice weekend Bob.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Cooper Vortex said:

What a hilarious joke. 

Lisa is kind, wonderful, and honest person. 

She's never sent me dozens of crazy and hateful emails in the middle of the night. She doesn't refer to herself in the third person. She doesn't pretend she's running a company. She doesn't write crazy stories about people and post them on her blog. She never threatened to sue me. She never emailed me asking to come on the show, but she would write all the questions and answers in advance. She doesn't pretend she knows everything about book publishing. She doesn't annoy people with details of her personal life or camping gear purchases on a Skydiving forum thread labeled DB Cooper. She hasn't been banned from any websites. She never interfered with some one else's events. She doesn't pretend to have an audience. She's not a convicted felon.

I'm not interested in calling anyone out. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Have a nice weekend Bob.

I've spent the better part of the past two days driving from Northwest New Mexico back to my home in Tennessee with about 4 hours sleep in between. Rough drive. I was pleasantly surprised this morning to find that there was a new episode of the Cooper Vortex for me to start today's drive with. I enjoyed it. I don't have to believe that a suspect is Cooper to enjoy the episode. Here is the simple truth in regards to Reca: He is either DB Cooper, or he is a liar. Pretty simple. But as far as Lisa Story or Carl Laurin being liars, I don't buy it. I think they truly believe Reca was Cooper. I don't know if all of the documents were fake or not, but I won't take Blevins word for that. But if they are fake, why would someone assume it was Laurin or Story doing the faking? Perhaps Reca himself did that? Why is putting the plane above Cle Elum a lie? It certainly doesn't seem accurate based on the information that we have, but it's an alternate theory, not a lie. If Reca told Laurin that's where he landed then again, if it isn't true, then it's Reca that is the liar, not Laurin.

A person, who is a book editor and likes to constantly point out how good of a book editor he is, who continues to sell a book with inaccurate information in it instead of fixing it, should probably not be calling other suspect pushers liars.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

For example, if I had known Darren Schaefer was a rabid Trump supporter and probably believes today that the election was stolen, and that the US Congress was actually stormed by Antifa types instead of the truth on the whole matter...

I would never have agreed to meet him at the Auburn Public Library for an interview. He should remove that episode from his collection, write me off, and move on. 

So you don't know that he believes that, but yet you imply it anyway. This statement from you is, in my humble opinion, worthy of being banned from the DZ. To bring up politics in itself should be a no-no. But to bring up someone else's political beliefs and to then imply what they believe should be ban worthy. If I were Darren, I would be reporting the post and demand your removal from the forum. A persons political beliefs are personal and if they are not here bringing it up themselves, you damn sure shouldn't bring it up. Not to mention, it's none of your business.

Edited by ParrotheadVol

56 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I also noticed that you didn't say anything about Flyjack's recent similar post on Trump.

I wasn't aware that Flyjack made a post in which he criticized another posters political views and then went on to tell everyone what that person thought about certain recent controversial political events, even though he really didn't know what that poster thought (mainly because that poster never posts anything political).

Yeah, I guess I missed that one. That's probably why I didn't say anything about it.

26 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

People are being alienated and we are down to just TWO yearly events for the fans in this case.

Down to just two???? Compared to what???

When I really started following the Cooper case there was one yearly event and that was the Ariel party. That's it. Now there are two (if yours qualifies). Unless there were some other events that I am not aware of, and that no one ever mentions, that means that the number of yearly events has actually doubled! 

You're comparing apples to oranges and you can't really be this stupid, can you? Name me a single unsolved case that has a large number of conventions and events....just one. The UFO and Bigfoot phenomenon are completely different. Cooper is an unsolved cold case, just like Zodiac, Jack the Ripper and JonBenet Ramsey. None of those cases have a large number of events and conventions, if any. This is just you trying to create a narrative and no one is buying it.

Well that was a BIG reveal...

Most people will think McCoy was DB Cooper. Buy the McCoy book, it will go up.

Rataczak said they saw Portland and Cooper was gone by that time.. So, he didn't jump over the Columbia.. and those diatoms.

But that has nothing to do with the McCoy claim.

McCoy's kids sincerely believe he was Cooper, they have come forward after the death of their mother and want their father to get credit for the Cooper hijacking. That alone will convince a lot of people.

Problem is there isn't any new evidence here, McCoy's alibi was always sketchy and he does not fit the witness descriptions.. fingerprints didn't match... there is no new evidence. The claim that he was disguised with nobody noticing is not believable.

His kids were small and Denise the babysitter thought the parents were gone for 3 days around that time.. but no specifics.

This is the same issue with other suspects,, personal opinions and recollections.. but this will have more weight because McCoy actually did a similar hijacking..

McCoy will be moved to the top of the (public) suspect list but I just didn't hear any new evidence.

Also, for his UAL hijacking, McCoy's photo was id'd by witnesses and he left lots of fingerprints. He left the note behind..

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

Well, I had a feeling McCoy was Gryder's suspect based on some of his comments in his Cooper Vortex interview... sigh. He's just... so obviously not Cooper, but the media loves to latch onto him. Fortunately I feel like most of the more knowledgeable sleuths in the Cooper world have ruled him out, but he's still got his peddlers out there that are very aggressive with their case.

• Like 1

Funny, the case for McCoy is flawed but still far better than Kenny Christiansen.

McCoy actually hijacked a 727 and jumped and most people will be swayed by his kids claims...

We'll see if they try to monetize it. They seem sincere but people do lie all the time.

I really enjoyed Dan's video. As I mentioned about Darren's podcast earlier, I don't have to buy into the suspect to enjoy the story. But, as far as circumstantial cases go, I don't know that anyone has done a better job than Dan. Having McCoy's own kids come forward and admitting their dad was Cooper was certainly a coup and unexpected. I would like to have heard a little more details about how they knew their dad was Cooper and how often that was discussed, etc.

I've never had a problem with McCoy's age as I agree that at least the pictures I've seen of him, he looks much older than he was. But, other parts of the physical description are hard to get past. Then, there's that damn tie. For me, a Cooper solution is going to have to align with the particles on the tie. But, in the end, I really enjoyed the presentation. Kudos Dan. Hell, I may even buy one of those damn hats.

Also, I enjoyed the close of the video and the reference to the song, "Top of the World". That is one of my most watched videos ever on youtube. Karen Carpenter, in my opinion, is the greatest vocalist ever and it isn't close. This was way before todays era of autotune and pro tools, when anyone can sound good. I have always loved listening to her and this was my favorite song she did. Jim Croce would be a not so close second.

Edited by ParrotheadVol