47 47
quade

DB Cooper

23 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

It's an expression...

Why wasn't I honest with you? If you had asked me privately, I would have told you my policy with you three. Since you asked publicly, I was trying to spare your feelings and save you embarrassment. 

You do not have the ability to embarrass me or hurt my feelings.

Edited by ParrotheadVol

Do you know Parrots name on YouTube and why did you censor other questions asked by people you didn't know? if you suspected "us" you would of mentioned it. 

You are shutting people out for no reason. you were banned on multiple Cooper sites due behavior. legit questions have been asked by multiple people (you didn't know) that were censored by you. that's called, what's that word, oh yeah, slanted!

Save us from embarrassment? that's another lie. you jump at opportunities like that. 

I noticed you spoke of shills in the comments above, more of that "do as I say, and not as I do" you were caught years back shilling on Amazon. even the excuse you tried to give was a lie. you lie about a lot of things while "giving it straight" 

7 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Page 49 is particularly interesting. NWA and the FBI agree that it was a 'virtual certainty' that Cooper jumped at 810 PM. 

I tend to agree with that assessment. 

chutedemomap2.jpg.1ff783d0f53c068e04bceb435bad9ad9.jpg

By the way, if any of you who have NOT been to DB Cooper Country ever decide to visit, expect to see signs like this: 

tMZe7Jo.jpg

The "Money Found Here" arrow is about an inch to far North on that map.

• Like 1

The Harrison papers..

These notes look to be from 3 different people. 3 entries different handwriting.

harrisonnotes.jpeg.79badbe8669b19b10f531f0a5f1bf8e1.jpeg

The 0418 (8:18) is the outlier.. the FBI files timeline has 2222 (8:22)

82223dme.jpeg.06594a09e40f84ee2bd337a78d640c38.jpeg 

The last section with the 0418 (8:18) also refers to per Harrison. That suggests he did not write it.

perharrison.jpeg.d28f9b124ac5cd6707720f6ef3c053b5.jpeg

So who are all the writers...

3 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

The Harrison papers..

These notes look to be from 3 different people. 3 entries different handwriting.

harrisonnotes.jpeg.79badbe8669b19b10f531f0a5f1bf8e1.jpeg

The 0418 (8:18) is the outlier.. the FBI files timeline has 2222 (8:22)

82223dme.jpeg.06594a09e40f84ee2bd337a78d640c38.jpeg 

The last section with the 0418 (8:18) also refers to per Harrison. That suggests he did not write it.

perharrison.jpeg.d28f9b124ac5cd6707720f6ef3c053b5.jpeg

So who are all the writers...

The writer of the 17 page "FBI Notes" plainly states that he is preparing them after the fact and he would probably be using the ARINC teletype printout that was transmitted at 8:22 PM for such information.  The 8:18 PM time is valid.

Also, the "Per Harrison" looks like it was written by a different hand than the rest of that quote.  Note also the additional writing in the lower right hand corner.

55 minutes ago, Robert99 said:

The writer of the 17 page "FBI Notes" plainly states that he is preparing them after the fact and he would probably be using the ARINC teletype printout that was transmitted at 8:22 PM for such information.  The 8:18 PM time is valid.

Also, the "Per Harrison" looks like it was written by a different hand than the rest of that quote.  Note also the additional writing in the lower right hand corner.

The Harrison notes are three different writers.. 

Two have 8:22 and one 8:18,, how do you know which is valid and who wrote what when.

I don't know why 8:18 is more accurate than 8:22 or vice versa.. but I know the pilots claimed they hadn't reached Portland.. they would know if they had passed the VOR or were over the airport.

All the timestamps had built in errors.. on the high side.. We have 8:09 - 8:13. 

But I always thought the 8:09 mark on the FDR was the most accurate timestamp. Real time recording.

8:09 always seemed to be too early based on other evidence..

If the 8:18 (23 DME) is precise then 8:09 puts the jump near Heisson.

The 8:18 time combined with all the evidence does not put the jump over the Columbia but supports the 8:09 FDR time at Heisson.

(I still don't know if 8:18 is accurate)

pathtimes3.jpg.88a547a8bdbeb0bf15a4eb7af831a56f.jpg

..and the argument that the pressure bump was not an oscillation is nonsense.

Oscillations are a visual representation of pressure fluctuations,, the needle fluctuated on the gauge. 

When the needle fluctuation reached a max, the oscillation was physically felt aka pressure bump.

The difference between the two is not that they are separate events but in how a fluctuation is sensed.. physical vs visual.

The question was whether the oscillations were caused by Cooper going down the stairs or jumping. The sled test showed that there was no significant change when a person went down the stairs. The sled being dropped matched the "pressure bump" felt on NORJAK.. a violent increase in oscillations ending with a bump. This is not minutes apart, but seconds.

Rataczak..

The pressure gauge is used for the crew to regulate the rate of climb or descent in the cabin to make it more comfortable. They were unpressurized and when that gauge goes to the extreme a light goes on and you feel a significant bump in your ears like a car door window opening at 70 mph on the highway. He said on the radio "I think our friend just took leave of us.... mark it on your radar screen" 

Get it,, a fluctuation is seen as an oscillation on the gauge, an extreme fluctuation is felt as a pressure bump..

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

..and the argument that the pressure bump was not an oscillation is nonsense.

Oscillations are a visual representation of pressure fluctuations,, the needle fluctuated on the gauge. 

When the needle fluctuation reached a max, the oscillation was physically felt aka pressure bump.

The difference between the two is not that they are separate events but in how a fluctuation is sensed.. physical vs visual.

The question was whether the oscillations were caused by Cooper going down the stairs or jumping. The sled test showed that there was no significant change when a person went down the stairs. The sled being dropped matched the "pressure bump" felt on NORJAK.. a violent increase in oscillations ending with a bump. This is not minutes apart, but seconds.

Rataczak..

The pressure gauge is used for the crew to regulate the rate of climb or descent in the cabin to make it more comfortable. They were unpressurized and when that gauge goes to the extreme a light goes on and you feel a significant bump in your ears like a car door window opening at 70 mph on the highway. He said on the radio "I think our friend just took leave of us.... mark it on your radar screen" 

Get it,, a fluctuation is seen as an oscillation on the gauge, an extreme fluctuation is felt as a pressure bump..

Or, an oscillation of the stairs  ... is seen as an fluctuation on the gauge.

here we go again and around and around we go and where it ends nobody knows ... 

Or, 'I remember we were closing on Vancouver/Portland when the pulse event happened.  ... When the pulse happened we all felt it and Bill looked back and said out loud:  "I wonder if our friend has left us?"  But we weren’t sure.  

Or, "oscillation of cabin rate of climb indicator." 

Or,  "Oscillation of the cabin climb rate guage seems reasonable.  It is conceivable that the oscillation could be just an indication that the airstair

moving up and down was directly causing pressure cycles.  It is more likely that the pressure cycles resulted from the plane bobbing up and

down a bit ("porpoising") as a result of the airstair functioning as an elevator as it moved up and down in the airstream.  It could have been that

the hijacker was doing something like jumping up and down on the airstair to test its "feel" or to try to get the stair locked down."

Or,  "These were minor oscillations. We detected on the guages only.  We just presumed pretty quickly that it was Cooper fiddling with the aft stairs but we weren’t one hundred percent sure because we were already flying dirty, with throttles up and fighting icing and weather.  A lot going on and it wasn’t totally smooth even before the oscillations started. What we noticed was the pattern of the oscillations was continuing and there was a very minor disruption of the slipstream. Scott said at first he wasn’t feeling anything for sure, then a little later he thought  there was more drag and the nose was deviating a little. When the final bump happened and the oscillations stopped that sealed it. But even then we weren’t sure and we waited before calling anybody. "

Or, .. .

What,, Eric Ulis is branching out from DB Cooper and now on The Secret Treasure hunt... 

I worked on two of these puzzles a few years ago and have solved them.. Montreal and Charleston WPG..

Problem is getting permission to go dig them up..

I bought a first print of the book for $250 a few years ago and it is worth about $2500 now in mint condition.. worn ones sell for less.

The new versions of the book are poor reproductions, you need the original printing, it has better images and *hint* there are more clues in the original printing.

The_Secret_treasure_book_cover.jpg.a99eb3905d03f874e84cbf67a3bc640e.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK

Colbert is doing another show Monday..  apparently James Comey not only tried to frame Trump for the false Russia collision.. but he also covered up DB Cooper's identity.

If the DOJ wasn't politicized Comey would be in prison,, but they have always been politicized.

Edited by FLYJACK

On 12/4/2021 at 12:46 PM, RobertMBlevins said:

New York Times reporter Billy Jensen told me in an email that he advised them (Colbert's team) that they were 'barking up the wrong tree' (his words) trying to name Robert Rackstraw as the hijacker, and after the TV show aired, wanted nothing to do with anything related to investigating Rackstraw further. 

In my opinion, the entire show, ('D.B. Cooper - Case Closed?') was a farce and merely a vehicle to launch Colbert's book alleging Rackstraw as the hijacker. (Book was released at Amazon the day after Part Two premiered.) The low point for Colbert was when witness Tina Mucklow, after seeing pictures of Rackstraw taken recently and then more around the time of the hijacking...as well as an old video where Rackstraw is plainly seen, and speaks as well...then Mucklow tells viewers she was sure Rackstraw was NOT Cooper. At that point, it WAS 'case closed,' but only for Tom Colbert. At the end of the show, Colbert hints that Mucklow might be going senile, which just makes him look like an idiot.

A researcher at LMNO Productions, the company who produced the show, contacted us at Adventure Books of Seattle and asked to see what 'we had' on Kenny Christiansen. We sent them the 54-page public release with the documents and pictures. They completely ignored it, more or less. 

At the same time this was all happening, the production company itself was raided by the FBI and files were seized. Their main bookkeeper was embezzling funds from the company and when confronted, took the financial records with him to another location and then tried blackmailing the production company. The end result was that LMNO Productions lost the contract on a few other TV shows they were producing, due to the scandal. Later, they got some of them back. 

Basically, it was a mess all around. Rackstraw ended up losing his prized boat due to the negative publicity, and refused to speak with Colbert's team for the show anyway. 

(As far as being 'disinvited' to the Cooper Con events, anyone can show up if they wish. All they have to do is buy a ticket. I have not attended any of them in person, and I am not likely to do so. I did attend NorWesCon (Northwest Science Fiction Convention) a few times, though. That's more my style as far as conventions, although I enjoy holding outdoor party-type events related to Cooper. That is ALSO more my style. I never felt 'disinvited' to Cooper Con, I just didn't want to go, and it's a long drive, especially from where I live now. We toss our once-a-year Cooper/UFO party event and that's the extent of it.) ¬¬

You know, Robert, it wouldn't hurt you to actually show up at some of the Cooper events,actually meet some of the people that you have been at odds with over the years, vice versa.  It might good for everybody...I think you would find that they are not so bad and they would find that you are nor so bad either.  Your reputation with the Cooper guys over there needs a little help.  I would encourage you to make an effort to go.  Please don't regurgitate all the reasons you have for never wanting to meet them.  Georger is a great guy, Tom Kay is too, so is 377....go meet them, it will do you good.  Meyer

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 1:44 PM, FLYJACK said:

The takeaway is that the money went into the Columbia River in a Spring from 72-79.. 

Eric's burial/retrieval theory is flawed as he claimed the only Spring that the River reached the money was during either the '72 or '74 extreme flood events. This is false, those recorded floods reached about the 21 ft mark and the money was at about the 5.5-7.5 foot mark. That puts the money 12-15 feet underwater.. but the Columbia River reaches the money spot every year and the Spring is highest seasonal water flow. So, you don't need a record flood event to reach the money spot and it isn't restricted to the floods of 72 and 74. It could be any Spring from 72-79. So, Cooper would have had to retrieve money well under the water in 72, the theory is extreme speculation and is IMO borderline ridiculous. Cooper could have buried the money anywhere and he chose next to a River (damaging it) then returned 6 months later to dig it up 15 feet underwater,, silly stuff.

What does make sense is that the money went into the Columbia in the spring 72-79. While the money spot was underwater the money was pushed along what would then essentially be the bottom of the river to its spot.

Suction dredge doesn't seem to make sense. Never did really.

The question is, where was the money after the hijacking and how did it get into the River.

Another note.. A Sioux City Sarsaparilla Soda can was found with the money in the same layer.. that was not sold until 1974. It is not related to Cooper but may date the debris deposit.

I have several theories,, one is entirely new that would blow up the Cooper case for a while. I have been researching it but can't prove anything. I was going to post it but it is too much work to explain for now.

Another thing Tom and everyone still misses, is that the money went to Cooper in rubber banded bundles of packets, individual packets of 100 were rubber banded in groups. So, it probably arrived on TBAR as a single bundle. The money arrival is not constrained by three separate packets arriving together. For the money to arrive together as 3 separate packets they had to be separated from its rubber banded single bundle after Cooper got the money. Doesn't really make sense. The rubber band frags found attached to the money may have been holding the single bundle together.

The uniformly rounded ends of the bills suggest that the money tumbled as one bundle along the bottom before landing on TBAR. The Willamette bottom is gravel and the Columbia is sandy. One of my theories involves the Columbia and the other the Willamette.. none are suspect specific and both maintain the "FBI" flightpath and dropzone.

One other important consideration, if the money went into the River at least six months later (or more) and stayed intact until it reached TBAR that indicates human intervention. Since rubber bands begin to deteriorate outside within months that makes it unlikely the money landed somewhere and sat in nature until it got washed into the River.. the rubber bands would have deteriorated. So, there must have been some human intervention along the way.

How about this little theory...I'll just throw it around?  The money ended up in the Columbia River because Cooper ended up in the River.  The money stayed intact inside the bag (eventually got free from Cooper); the money bag continued to tumble down the River, it got hung up in the River, upstream from Tena Bar.  High water event eventually freed the bag, The bag ended up at Tena Bar for just a short time (the water eventually receded, taking the bag back out to the River bottom again),  The bag was quite torn and tattered by this time it arrived at Tena Bar.  Three packets managed to break free from the bag before the bag got taken back out. 

The rubber band was still intact as it was protected quite well inside the tightly wrapped money bag.  Ingram must have found the money packets not too long thereafter, as the rubber band(s), although very degraded, were still wrapped around the packets, This means the 3 bundles could not have been at Tena Bar for very long before Ingram found them.  An estimate: the 3 bundles arrived late 1979, a few weeks before Feb 1980.  

MeyerLouie

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MeyerLouie said:

How about this little theory...I'll just throw it around?  The money ended up in the Columbia River because Cooper ended up in the River.  The money stayed intact inside the bag (eventually got free from Cooper); the money bag continued to tumble down the River, it got hung up in the River, upstream from Tena Bar.  High water event eventually freed the bag, The bag ended up at Tena Bar for just a short time (the water eventually receded, taking the bag back out to the River bottom again),  The bag was quite torn and tattered by this time it arrived at Tena Bar.  Three packets managed to break free from the bag before the bag got taken back out. 

The rubber band was still intact as it was protected quite well inside the tightly wrapped money bag.  Ingram must have found the money packets not too long thereafter, as the rubber band(s), although very degraded, were still wrapped around the packets, This means the 3 bundles could not have been at Tena Bar for very long before Ingram found them.  An estimate: the 3 bundles arrived late 1979, a few weeks before Feb 1980.  

MeyerLouie

It is a theory..  I have three good theories myself.

One problem is the money went to Cooper in packets of 100's rubber banded into bundles.

So, the individual packets of 100 bills were not separate in the bag, if they did arrive on TBAR separate, somebody had to have removed them from the rubber banded bundle. Therefore, it is more likely the money arrived as one rubber banded bundle of packets. You don't need a bag/container to reconcile the money arrival.

The other problem is the LZ, the evidence does not support a Columbia River landing.

There are infinite theories and possibilities. We will never know the real story, but some theories fit the evidence better than others.

If I had to bet, based on all the evidence, Cooper landed near Heisson.. but we will never know for sure.

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

I have about 5 theories for the source of Cooper's name..

One not suspect specific but is Vietnam specific and is the Cooper-Church amendment.

Senators John Sherman Cooper and Frank Church effectively ended the Vietnam war by cutting funding in 1971.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/nixon-defends-invasion-of-cambodia

If Cooper's grudge was the Vietnam war ending and losing work in 1971.. he may have blamed the Cooper-Church amendment..

Edited by FLYJACK

UPDATE..

I sent 3 Vietnam era sodium chloride samples to Tom for testing.

He found that all were too pure vs the sodium chloride on the tie.

That is interesting, the sodium chloride on the tie was not pure, there are many forms of less pure sodium chloride used for different things..

Looking into those.

On 12/4/2021 at 4:03 AM, RobertMBlevins said:

How We Figured Out the Truth on the Ha Ha Ha book allegedly written by D.B. Cooper:

Darren Told me, and I doubted him, but he was right. 

We concluded he was probably released around the year 2000. Today, he does taxes for other people and there is no record of him getting into further serious trouble. 

There you go Robert, I fixed it for you.

If you did any sort of "investigation" then why didn't you know Rod Addicks was released in 89? Why didn't you know he died in May 2020? He worked as an unlicensed CPA in Washington and had a handful of DUI's.

If you're doing an "investigation" shouldn't you at least read the book about the guy instead of guess what happened?

Edited by The Cooper Vortex
  • Like 1