47 47
quade

DB Cooper

53 minutes ago, Coopericane said:

Why should he be obligated to have comments on? I think realistically not a huge amount of people are going to seek out the videos much less want to leave a comment. Those interested are probably already aware of other places to discuss the content of the presentation (like here).

The percentage of comments vs views are usually not equal..quick glance at a few shows a video with over 7 million views having a little over 8,000 comments..another has almost 4,000 views showing only 46 comments..it's just more of his false projections..

Edited by mrshutter45

2 hours ago, Andrade1812 said:

Does anyone have information on how fast the Columbia currents move at flood stage? And bonus points if we can get the currents during the 72 and 74 floods.

The data for the last 5 years peaked at about 3.8 ft/sec.. or 2.6 mph.

colflowdata.jpeg.1f9d601e5ffcd007b27e5a5ddbc472d5.jpeg

Since you haven't seen the comments I deleted (if any, I only check for comments maybe once or twice a YEAR)...then you don't know my policy on deletion. It's actually pretty simple. I don't allow people to get personal on me. They do that, they are gone like yesterday.

The comments I posted 5 or 6 times over the years were related to evidence surrounding Kenny having nothing to do with you. I've used multiple accounts through friends to post. I recall one being about falsehoods in your book and that you were aware of them. the others were about not believing Kenny was Cooper. I even had someone else write the post. it's been over a year so unlike your witnesses, I don't recall exactly what was written..

According to the quote above, someone could say bad things about you and not get deleted for 6 months then you fail to respond to comments for 6 months?.. I only check for comments maybe once or twice a YEAR...sounds like a lie to me..

I don't get to respond at the Cooper Forum when you guys talk your smack about me

YOU put yourself in that position. I didn't join under a false name to cause trouble. 

Yep, you were not welcome when the forum started due to your behavior. not my fault.

If your comments to my YouTube videos were deleted...you probably deserved it anyway.

Some of my comments on YouTube were under accounts you didn't know, so how is it deserving? 

As far as your opinions on KC, they are moot and mean zip to me. 

They are for the "public" to see and decide if it's "moot" that's how it works..

Edited by mrshutter45

I don't want a drop of respect from you Robert. lots are starting to call you out pal..

I haven't a clue who got copies of what..stop whining about this and contact the family and "do the right thing" it's none of my business nor is it any of my responsibility..your barking up the wrong tree fool. contact Snow right here..I can't make anyone do anything outside of my forum. 

Peterson was in a love hate relationship with everyone, including YOU. he loved the book, then hated it, loved snow and then hated him, he ended his relationship with 377 who never spoke bad about anyone. Peterson said you were in his gang (CIA)..the guy was more unstable with things than you. 

It bothers you that much, deal with it on your own time. stop wasting everyone else's time. 

5 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

The irony is that the Fenn crowd are driving the book demand based on Fenn being Cooper and the author, but to print more copies the author who isn't Fenn or Cooper must agree.

While that is true, I bet some of them would read it anyway, because the curiosity is already there.

5 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

EDIT: Regarding the HA HA HA book: Frankly, I don't trust some of you in Cooperland. I figure if I get real enthusiastic responses on the idea of a reprint from known folks in Cooperland...chances are you won't stab me in the back like you did when I was working with Sheridan Peterson. So if there isn't a real good response, I'm not going to do it. You have to show me you can be trusted this time, otherwise you can do it yourself. This effort would cost me close to a thousand bucks, perhaps more depending on how far I want to take the advertising with the Ingram New Release Catalog, etc. I am not putting out that money unless I'm sure. So I will leave the decision up to you. You understand that since I didn't write this book, or co author it...that far more than half the royalties do NOT go to AB of Seattle. They go to three different other people first, then we get our small share. And it is way smaller than they receive. So yes, it would take me a year or two just to recoup my expenses, not counting the rather difficult work involved in republishing at least to the standards of the original. This shit is not easy, folks.   

Might I suggest that this is the wrong approach. I mean if you don't really want to do it, then just say so. But predicating it on other people's support... You know you're not going to get it. So by asking for it, it just sounds like you're using the situation to try to manipulate people. Besides, you've spent much of this page (and many times before) saying that you don't care what they think. Rather, like I suggested before, you should consult with the other parties involved and determine if there is enough demand for the book to justify it. I'm guessing many Cooper people who don't post will want to read it. And the Fenn people. And I bet that some of these people you argue with, if they never got a copy from the Ariel parties, they'd probably get one too. As for the money, wouldn't the other parties contribute to the costs? Maybe you could structure a deal with them so the initial royalties would go to recoup costs, then revert to the standard structure. Anyway, I'm hoping you'll do it because I would like to read the damn thing. And I'm guessing I'm not alone in that. So if the other three parties involved would like to see it done, then you should do it. It would be the right thing to do.

-------

I remember hearing an interview long ago, I don't remember if it was an actor or director, but it was somebody to do with the movies. They were asked if they would rather their movie win an academy award, or make 100 million at the box office. They said they would rather make the 100 mil. "But", they said,"not necessarily for the cynical reason you imagine. If", they continued, "it wins an Oscar, that means we impressed a handful of stuffed shirts at the academy. If it does well at the box office, that means we impressed the people."

Robert, snow was asked early into the whole thing. he downloaded the book posted by Sheridan. he showed emails of there transactions, good and bad. I'm not the feelings police. people spoke out about it, good and bad, including 377. 

I didn't publish the book, nor did I grant any permission to publish the book. I don't know snow personally nor did I know Sheridan other than a few emails of him ranting about the government and you, Bruce and others, including 377 being a group from the CIA out to get him. 

Snow posted emails of Sheridan loving the book, especially the cover and things turned for reasons unknown. again, it's none of my business. it was between Sheridan and snow. 

I'm wrong all the time just as anyone else. the book will never sell to make any real money wherever it's listed. 377 has told you this many times as well. you never listen to anything except for what you believe in, no matter what is told to you. I've told you multiple times to take it up with those involved in the actual publishing of the book and the family attached to the person who wrote the book. it's not my fault you can't take care of the issue's you have surrounding the book. stop putting the blame on me.

I don't know any of Sheridan's family nor did I have a reason to know them. snow was friends with Sheridan, you were not. what ever happened between snow and Sheridan is between snow and Sheridan, not snow, Sheridan and Robert Blevins and certainly not me. I suggest, you get "The Staff" to track down Sheridan's family and stop putting it onto others to do the work you are whining about. in between you can fix your own book..

11 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

The data for the last 5 years peaked at about 3.8 ft/sec.. or 2.6 mph.

colflowdata.jpeg.1f9d601e5ffcd007b27e5a5ddbc472d5.jpeg

I just noticed the velocity drops below zero...  that is the tidal reverse flow.

I read that the reversal went far but this confirms it went up to the Vancouver gauge beyond TBAR.

Can a reverse flow push the money 9 miles upstream from the mouth of the Lewis R... seems hard to believe, lots of variables to sort. Above my pay grade.

At about 0.25 ft/sec it would take about 52 hours,, the tidal reverse flow doesn't last that long.. unless multiple flows can push it.

Edited by FLYJACK

3 hours ago, DFS346 said:

DFS. Reading your book now. It is great. I’m only a few pages in. There is a part about the money bag and Nancy House. I’m trying to picture what is written. Am I reading this right?

Money bag comes on plane (it’s white). Cooper gets the bag, goes into the lavatory with the briefcase and the money bag? Or he goes in with the briefcase and his other little bag? The book says Spreckel and House think he’s in the lav to arrange the money.  Is his extra bag really the money bag? Or is it a separate bag and maybe he put the money in the second bag?

This book will occupy me for a while.  

20 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Why the hell should I allow your opinions to MY videos? I don't get to respond at the Cooper Forum when you guys talk your smack about me. What is good for the goose is good for the gander baby. You can't have your cake and eat it too. 

Hell no...I wouldn't let you (Shutter) or you (Parrot) anywhere near my videos at YouTube. Same thing goes for Bruce Smith.

I may not agree with this position, but at least it's honest. Why not take that approach more often? Instead of lying and saying you don't screen and delete comments, just tell the damn truth. Your page, your policy...why continue to lie about it?

BTW, the proper saying is, "You can't eat your cake, and have it too". If I have a cake, I can eat it. But once I eat the cake, I can no longer have it.

18 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Robert, snow was asked early into the whole thing. he downloaded the book posted by Sheridan. he showed emails of there transactions, good and bad. I'm not the feelings police. people spoke out about it, good and bad, including 377. 

I didn't publish the book, nor did I grant any permission to publish the book. I don't know snow personally nor did I know Sheridan other than a few emails of him ranting about the government and you, Bruce and others, including 377 being a group from the CIA out to get him. 

Snow posted emails of Sheridan loving the book, especially the cover and things turned for reasons unknown. again, it's none of my business. it was between Sheridan and snow. 

I'm wrong all the time just as anyone else. the book will never sell to make any real money wherever it's listed. 377 has told you this many times as well. you never listen to anything except for what you believe in, no matter what is told to you. I've told you multiple times to take it up with those involved in the actual publishing of the book and the family attached to the person who wrote the book. it's not my fault you can't take care of the issue's you have surrounding the book. stop putting the blame on me.

I don't know any of Sheridan's family nor did I have a reason to know them. snow was friends with Sheridan, you were not. what ever happened between snow and Sheridan is between snow and Sheridan, not snow, Sheridan and Robert Blevins and certainly not me. I suggest, you get "The Staff" to track down Sheridan's family and stop putting it onto others to do the work you are whining about. in between you can fix your own book..

I have never provided full details of the book publishing before.

I will flesh it out a little here.

The first version of the book was from Lulu. Sheridan had done a poor publish of it.

I was probably the only person in the world that bought that copy. Sheridan took it down shortly after I bought it.

After a number of years, and futile discussions with Sheridan about publishing, I thought I'd force the issue. I did a revision based on that copy, and published it using Amazon KDP.

I sent copies to Sheridan. It looked really good. I included the cover drawing Sheridan had commissioned an artist friend to draw.

Sheridan then said I only had half the book. We talked about transmitting the latest version of the book to me, but Sheridan had massive computer problems.

In addition, someone had tried to help him by inserting photos into his Word document. This made the Word doc too big, and it wouldn't open any more.

Sheridan had a pdf though of that version. He gave me the pdf. I transcribed it to Word chapters. He gave me the photos that are in the book. I resized them and selected based on Sheridan's direction. I changed them to B/W (originally color) and optimized the pictures for contrast/brightness.

Sheridan and I had massive arguments about editting. He used an old style of complex phrases. He had turned off his Word spelling and style checker because of his extensive use of slang and vietnamese terms. He had misspellings of common characters and place names (inconsitent).

I fixed all that and did minor editting based on suggestions from Word. 

We had arguments about some racist language on picture captions. I reverted to exactly what Sheridan wanted. He considered it "truth"

There was one chapter he gave me, that in hindsight he said should be left out. He was back and forth on this. It regarded a personal detail of one character. He said it probably didn't add character development. But then, anyone who has read the book would say "character development" and what matters or not, is in the eye of the beholder. 

It's crazy to me that Sheridan insisted it was a literary documentary of the Vietnam War, when it was clear to me that it was a memoir. But it's his book, so I let his description of it and his motives stand.

Sheridan was very nice when I visited him. I visited him in person twice, one with my wife. I fixed his computer once. 

One time when I was in Alaska, in a small town, I had been out of cell phone contact for a week. My phone rang on the streets of Talkeetna. Excitedly I answered, wondering who it could be. It was Sheridan, ranting about some imagined wrong I had done, or CIA or FBI thing..Or rant about 377. 

I liked the guy. I saw mementos of his travels in his small apartment. He was very gracious. He was proud of his book and bought copies from Amazon to distribute to his acquantances. He didn't even get to use the author's discount.

In short, Sheridan's life and story is more rich and more real, and deserves a little more respect than the rantings of someone like Blevins.

Did I do the right thing by Sheridan? I think so. The nice thing is that the book he always wanted is there for anyone to read. He always thought of himself as a good writer. He always wanted to have written a good book. I think he has. Sure it's not very everyone. But it's Sheridan.

Sure I have questions. But I let them rest. 

The Amazon version of the book is easily twice the pages of the Lulu version. I had to go to 7x10 format to get the book in a reasonable number of pages. Every page Sheridan wrote is in there, except for that one chapter. And the photos. The book weighs 2.4 lbs and is over 1" thick. I joked with him about difficulty in getting it to fit in something Amazon could publish, and he said he had a paperback version of War and Peace, so it had to be possible.

EDIT: I do miss Sheridan and am sad thinking about how he died, presumably alone. I spent many years in email back and forth (argumentative) before this book episode. So I guess it felt like there was some connection that was longer than the book period. Sheridan's life was complex.

I've always wondered about the people he refers to in his book. I posted a photo of Sheridan surrounded by other members of the Saigon Sport Parachute Club, from back in the late '60s, in VIetnam.

I always wondered what they thought of him. I liked the photos were Sheridan smiled, best. I think he had a richer life in the past before we all got to know him.

Was he more sane in the past, more social?
I don't know. Honestly, I think that reflects badly on me, but in truth, it was mostly about him and where he was in life, constraining human interactions.

EDIT: I just checked the historical reports in KDP on sales at Amazon. There have been only about 22 copies sold. I paid for a couple copies I sent to Sheridan and others for review before the last (3rd) edition was finalized. 

So for all of Blevins ranting, it's really funny what a small thing the reality is.

Edited by snowmman

8 minutes ago, Andrade1812 said:

He was taller than me, I'm 6'1"

Interesting.  I guess this gets into witness descriptions.  I would not have said Bill was tall, but I would have said Martin was tall.  Granted, most of my discussion with Bill was when we were both seated.  I'm 6'1-6'2".  I really was not thinking about height, maybe just like the passengers and crew on 305.

I'm kind of wondering if the only good testimony on height is from Dennis Lysne at the ticket counter, he had him around 5'10".

16 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Interesting.  I guess this gets into witness descriptions.  I would not have said Bill was tall, but I would have said Martin was tall.  Granted, most of my discussion with Bill was when we were both seated.  I'm 6'1-6'2".  I really was not thinking about height, maybe just like the passengers and crew on 305.

I'm kind of wondering if the only good testimony on height is from Dennis Lysne at the ticket counter, he had him around 5'10".

I went lookong to see if anyone had take a selfie with Bill, and didn't see any. I didn't get to talk to him, and only stood next to him while walking past him, so maybe I'm wrong? I would have put him as taller than me and shorter than my 6'5 father.

On 4/17/2020 at 8:56 AM, FLYJACK said:

Found a bill that matches a Cooper serial number..  

L00000004B

unfortunately it is a "1" Dollar bill not a twenty, I did not realize the same numbers were repeated on different denominations..

2197103225130780219.jpg.3ae583e8b49d91ac319701ee5b8bca7a.jpg

Snowmman..,,,

You are a year and a half late.

Edited by FLYJACK

46 minutes ago, snowmman said:

Never miss an opportunity to brag about yourself?

Well, I gave you one. Run with it.

Not at all,, 

Never miss an opportunity to point out when you are way behind...

but you are right nobody seemed to care about the bill number matching..

The odds must be astounding.. and suggests a matching Cooper bill may still be out there if it was put in circulation. People don't recognize the significance.

Edited by FLYJACK

1 minute ago, FLYJACK said:

Not at all,, 

Never miss an opportunity to point out when you are way behind...

What is "way behind" ?
There's a competition?

Who's winning? Who is actually even in this competition? Am I in it?

And who's judging it?

Is there a prize at the end?

22 minutes ago, snowmman said:

What is "way behind" ?
There's a competition?

Who's winning? Who is actually even in this competition? Am I in it?

And who's judging it?

Is there a prize at the end?

You sure have a lot of questions..

You didn't have to go find the bill yourself, you could have just stolen my post and then insulted me..  saved yourself some time.

In fact, if you google the bill number my dropzone post a year and a half ago comes up near the top of the list..

Edited by FLYJACK