47 47
quade

DB Cooper

23 minutes ago, Andrade1812 said:

No, he even described how, over time, he had less and less of an ability to separate good from bad matches in photo lineups.

That is expected. There goes my idea... 

Some said in the mid 70's witness memories were already fading.

11 minutes ago, Andrade1812 said:

He absolutely refused to give definitive answers. Ron Forman asked him about B Dayton and gave him a photo. He said he realized he couldn't help anymore sometime in the 80s

Maybe he is still under instructions from the FBI to not reveal anything publicly regarding a suspect ID.

That was what I was worried about, even if he did see a suspect pic and think maybe,, he wouldn't say anything without first talking to the FBI.

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

Maybe he is still under instructions from the FBI to not reveal anything publicly regarding a suspect ID.

That was what I was worried about, even if he did see a suspect pic and think maybe,, he wouldn't say anything without first talking to the FBI.

Maybe, I doubt it tho. Sounded like he hadn't spoken with the FBI for years

Edited by Andrade1812

3 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Did he mention any suspects by name that he said were definitely not Cooper?

Why is there no video of these speeches people can refer to - was CC21 a private affair or a public conference? Ive never known of a socalled "conference" for which there is no record! Pretty shabby affair...not to mention not helpful to the public. 

40 minutes ago, georger said:

Why is there no video of these speeches people can refer to - was CC21 a private affair or a public conference? Ive never known of a socalled "conference" for which there is no record! Pretty shabby affair...not to mention not helpful to the public. 

Why didn’t you come georger? It would have been great to finally meet you. I would have loved to talk Cooper over beers with you. 

5 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Were there any new revelations??

I thought this bit from Bruce Smith's report was interesting

Air Traffic Controller Cliff Ammerman also presented, and reiterated that the F-106 chase planes were miles away from Cooper, and flying above his 10,000-foot altitude. “FAA regulations state that chase planes must be miles behind the hijacked airliner,” he told the audience. Ammerman also gave original information, saying that two A7 jets were dispatched out of Oakland to closely shadow Flight 305 into Reno and fly near enough to the cabin area to ascertain if the hijacker was still on board. They reported that he was not.

CooperCon was awesome. I agree with Martin’s statements on Bill Mitchell. One of the first things I asked him at the pub was about the turkey gobble. I sense from him that it may simply have been something an older guy has. Bill even touched his own fold of skin under his chin when discussing it. I think to a 20 year old it seemed very “old man.”

The other big piece was like Marty said, Bill thought the composite sketches made him look too young. That’s another hole in the McCoy and Rackstraw theory. Mitchell did not hear Cooper speak either. However, he does seem like a credible witness and did see enough of Cooper for me to give him weight as a witness. Unfortunately at this time he says he just can’t remember. 

Seeing his actual 305 ticket was great. He’s a real nice guy. He did us Cooper fans a huge favor by coming. 

Overall a great conference. Too much to even write about. 

One day would be more digestible, but there is just so much to talk about that it is hard to fit it into one day. 

Robert Blevins, your commentary is just plain negative. You missed a good time. Don’t take the wind out of everyone else’s sails due to your personal conflicts. 

5 hours ago, georger said:

Yep, too bad there wasn't a live stream. I would think that would be easy enough to do.

• Like 1

For anyone who was there: did Anonymous (not anymore though, I guess) have anything especially interesting or new to say about his suspect? I know he is not especially compelling to some people, but I continue to be interested in him and his potential connections to the Max Gunther book.

Edited by Coopericane

2 hours ago, Coopericane said:

For anyone who was there: did Anonymous (not anymore though, I guess) have anything especially interesting or new to say about his suspect? I know he is not especially compelling to some people, but I continue to be interested in him and his potential connections to the Max Gunther book.

Nothing new. Focus was on an audience that did not know much about him, hence most was new to them. I have not spent a lot of time on Smith the past couple of years. A little bit here and there. Mainly just stayed involved with the case as a whole. I’m a little rejuvenated from this past weekend and may pick up the pace a bit. Regardless, I won’t change anyone’s minds. Lemino’s video has 11 million views, and many comments on Smith, so he is compelling to some. PM me if you want to chat some. I’ve picked up a few tidbits the past few weeks. 

I have always maintained that Mucklow, not Mitchell, was the witness to listen to.  Mucklow sat next to Cooper for hours, she was up close and personal, and she would have been trained, as an airline stewardess, to be observant of details that the common observer would not necessarily notice.

Mitchell, on the other hand, was more interested in getting Tina's phone number and getting a date after the flight.  I remember trying to meet a pretty girl in my younger days.  The last thing I would be looking at is the guy sitting next to her, the guy I am competing against to win her over and gain her affections.  Lust has a way of playing tricks on the mind.  I seriously doubt that Mitchell was paying much attention to that weird guy sitting next to Tina.. he was probably thinking "what has this guy got that I don't have?" He was looking at her, gentlemen, not him.  Not only that, after all these years, any of Mitchell's memories would have have pretty much faded away.  He even admitted that, I believe.  I have always said that Tina Mucklow is the best, credible observer of DBC on that flight 11/24/71.   MeyerLouie  

4 hours ago, MeyerLouie said:

I can't believe there is no video record of Cooper Con 2021.  Someone recorded it, we will find out soon.  I can't conceive Eric Ulis letting such an important thing as this getting overlooked.

Hey ... Happy Holidays. . . .

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Well...he SAID he had some movie director guy coming to record everything. If he had shown up, someone who was there would have said something by now. 

Do you guys who went to this event realize how foolish it was to not record the thing? On a side note, several people who attended (I have no idea how they got my name) are emailing me and asking to buy copies of...all..things...Ha Ha Ha by DB Cooper. 

Folks, I have two copies remaining out of the six I bought from Dona Elliot back in 2012, and they are not going anywhere. I offered some of them up a few months back and they were gone within a week. The last two I am not selling. I already did a search everywhere I could think of, and I do NOT know how to find copies. There just aren't any more available. I think the last lot was sold by a lady through Amazon. She lived up north of Seattle. That was maybe a year, year and a half ago. They went pretty quick. If you find one out there later, snatch it up no matter the cost if you have to have it. 

Anyway....I have no more copies I am willing to get rid of. 

Since the treasure has been found, the Forrest Fenn'ers have shifted to the HAHAHA book thinking it was written by Fenn and that Fenn may be Cooper.. they have found some similarities in the book to Fenn's writing.

They are scouring the planet for the HAHAHA book.. and pushing up the price.

I actually worked on the Fenn treasure and my spot was on the Madison R close the where it is believed Fenn hid the treasure.. I am very familiar with both Fenn's Chase and Cooper and there is no way Fenn was Cooper. It is lunacy. The evidence doesn't support it, he doesn't match the description, he does not fit the profile. Fenn may have done some shady deals but a hijacking/skyjacking is another level altogether. Most hijackers were actually mentally ill, a few others very desperate.. Some were killed, all were identified except Cooper. A hijacker harms people and risks their life and long prison time..

The Fenn people need another adventure to fill the void from Fenn's treasure being found,, their limited knowledge on Cooper has enabled a groupthink confirmation bias toward Fenn. 

For new people to the Cooper case it is Rorschach, you see what you want.. and you can make almost anyone fit... there is a ton of misinformation out there.

Let Fenn rest in peace, he was not Cooper, you are disrespecting him.

Edited by FLYJACK

I spoke to a gal named Judy, I think that was her name, and she told told me who auhored HaHaHa!. It was a real estate developer in the PNW, and acquaintance of hers who was interested in the case. He's since passed and she wanted my help selling the remaining books she had. Things got a little wacky after that including her stating the $200,000 was still hidden for people to find, and she wanted me to buy all the books from her then I would re-organize the search hidden in the book. It seemed really sketchy so I didn't want to be involved and it ended there.

This was early 2020 I believe. You'll have to take my word for it right now, because I had her contact info and the authors name in my Cooper Vortex notebook I was dragging around. Some junkie stole all my stuff in Portland after CooperCon so I'm not sure if I have that info anymore. Shocking that happened in Portland, right?

2 hours ago, The Cooper Vortex said:

I spoke to a gal named Judy, I think that was her name, and she told told me who auhored HaHaHa!. It was a real estate developer in the PNW, and acquaintance of hers who was interested in the case. He's since passed and she wanted my help selling the remaining books she had. Things got a little wacky after that including her stating the $200,000 was still hidden for people to find, and she wanted me to buy all the books from her then I would re-organize the search hidden in the book. It seemed really sketchy so I didn't want to be involved and it ended there.

This was early 2020 I believe. You'll have to take my word for it right now, because I had her contact info and the authors name in my Cooper Vortex notebook I was dragging around. Some junkie stole all my stuff in Portland after CooperCon so I'm not sure if I have that info anymore. Shocking that happened in Portland, right?

You knew the author of Ha Ha Ha and didn't tell me?

Edited by Andrade1812