47 47
quade

DB Cooper

6 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

I have no problem, you seem to be confused.

The FBI stated, as I posted the image several times now that they averaged the wind data from Salem and Portland over 8-9PM, that is an average. That data was used as an ESTIMATE (their word) for Cooper's jump time/place.

That is a fact,, it is indisputable,, 

That ESTIMATE is not a fact.. 

Why is it an unreliable estimate.

Salem is 75 miles from the Lewis R and Portland is 25 miles from the Lewis R. Too far to be reliable. 

The wind data was averaged over an hour 8-9PM.. not at a specific time like 8:11.

So, we don't have data for exactly 8:11 and the direction/speed was an average from far away.

Further, other wind data shows that the wind from Seattle to Portland was shifting between the SE and SW..

The conclusion is simple, you can't state as a fact the wind at Cooper's jump time/place was from the SW.

It might have been, it might not have been.

There is no wind data (not TomK's) at the Cooper jump time/place, so they used an estimate. 

Why is this so hard to understand,, it is right in the FBI documents.

What exactly are you having trouble understanding.

Did you actually read the FBI document I posted twice?

Again and for the last time, you need to do some reading of the FAA Aviation Weather publications and see how the winds aloft are predicted for use in flight.  

8 hours ago, Robert99 said:

Again and for the last time, you need to do some reading of the FAA Aviation Weather publications and see how the winds aloft are predicted for use in flight.  

Irrelevent.

The wind data was used for an estimate. That is just a fact.

6 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

That is very true. I did say that. And to tell you the truth, I still believe it. I have never completely written off McCoy as possibly being DB Cooper. Some FBI agents were pretty convinced McCoy was Cooper. And for years I was pretty convinced as well. McCoy's alibi was a little shaky. Some folks say it was all based on a phone call from Nevada back home to Utah, and a credit card receipt for gasoline...both of which could have been done by a person OTHER than McCoy...in order to help him establish an alibi. 

And you have to remember that his wife...if she wasn't in on the actual planning of the hijacking McCoy was known to have done...knew what he planned to do beforehand. I thought maybe she was the one who used the card and made the phone call while Little Richard was up there in Portland. Who knows? Why not McCoy? Here in 2021, I do not say that I am absolutely sure Kenneth Christiansen was Cooper. Reason is because I can't say for sure. 

The possibility that KC was Cooper has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Hahneman was Cooper. Different suspects, different situations. The difference between them is that Hahneman is a known quantity because he DID hijack a plane. He was caught and pled guilty. He went to Federal prison for a dozen years. Yet Flyjack would have you believe that even without producing a single shred of evidence other than the possibility Cooper was of Hispanic origin...that Hahneman was Cooper. He doesn't give the FBI any credit for wondering the same thing, since the Cooper and Hahneman hijackings had some similarities. Flyjack would have you believe that the FBI just bypassed the idea that Cooper and Hahneman might be the same guy. Are you kidding me? They probably wondered that the minute Hahneman asked for parachutes and money, i.e. even before he was identified. "Here we go again..." 

I am here to tell you that the Feds would have looked into that possibility not only very quickly...but thoroughly. And like I said before, it wouldn't take them very long to get to the truth. The Cooper hijacking had only happened a few months prior to Hahneman's stunt over Honduras, and the FBI had witnesses aplenty to either point the finger at Hahneman and say he was Cooper...or to tell them 'no way'. And no relying on some sketch, either. They had pictures. They had flight crew witnesses, passenger witnesses to tap on the shoulder. Even the ticket agent.

Flyjack keeps saying he has more evidence. Okay...what evidence? So far he hasn't produced a shred of it other than the idea that the FBI was extremely dumb, and Cooper might be Hispanic. That's it. And since the Feds (same guys looking for Cooper hot and heavy...same guys who caught and jailed Hahneman) had old Fred H in prison for a dozen years, it makes sense they would have been able to hang the Cooper caper on him if Hahneman was their man. But he doesn't even get much mention, if any...in the Cooper files. We are asked to believe that the FBI spent millions more chasing Cooper and a ton of man hours while their most obvious suspect to date...since he had just done a similar crime and was caught...they simply ignored. 

Baloney. With a capital 'B'. My money says they were checking out Hahneman even BEFORE he turned himself in down in Honduras. 

Any reasonable person would have come to the same conclusion I did. That the FBI checked out Fred H for the Cooper crime and found out quickly he wasn't the guy they were looking for. Either the witnesses said no, or they established his whereabouts on 11/24/71, or both. 

You still repeat the same nonsense.. and fail to recognize your statements contradict your own argument.

I have said many times that I don't expect anybody to believe Hahneman was Cooper because they don't have enough info to judge.. I can't reveal my research yet because it jeopardizes advancing the case in ways I can't mention. This forum is not the right place and this not the right time to make the case.. it is premature and far too complex.

You asked some questions that I answered but you just ignored them and repeated the same falsehoods.. it is clear you weren't looking for answers but needed a distraction.

and then you kept lying... over and over. How do you feel about liars Blevins?

You claim I don't give the FBI credit for wondering if Hahneman was Cooper, I said they did look at him.

You claim I believe that the FBI bypassed Hahneman, I never claimed that, they did look at him.

You claim (my idea) that the FBI was dumb. I never said that. I said I found either a gross error or a lie.

You claim I said the FBI never looked at Hahneman, I have said that they did.

You claim the FBI ignored Hahneman, they didn't.

You claim I have nothing, you don't know what I have.

You claimed all I had was newspaper clippings, I have far more than that and have said so.

You claim that if Hahneman was Cooper they'd be able to hang it on him, but not KC or McCoy.

So Blevins, why do you keep lying and just make up stuff after you were corrected? Is that how you conducted your KC research?

I really don't like having to correct your lies over and over and over.. it isn't very productive for the case and becomes toxic. Have you ever wondered why so many people don't like you.. you are incapable of reason.

We have lots of evidence that KC and especially McCoy were looked at by the FBI and you think they could be Cooper, but with virtually no evidence for Hahneman you assume he can't be because he would have been discovered.. 

Do you even realize that your argument is a contradiction. Are you that unaware.

What is really going on is you are going through a cognitive dissonance, the facts I point out about Cooper (not Hahneman) eliminate KC, you feel threatened but can't admit it, you are too emotionally invested.. You can't attack those facts, so you attack Hahneman with an ignorant irrational argument and me, the messenger, with persistent lies... all to protect your investment in the KC narrative.

It is futile. KC is dead. Let poor KC go,,,,, release him. Set his soul free. He was not Cooper. You know it.

On 11/2/2021 at 11:03 AM, FLYJACK said:

A little more on that East Fork Lewis R parachute..

A woman from Yacolt Wa contacted the "FBI" saying her son found a shredded military chute in the (South) East Fork Lewis River between Lucia Falls and the Heisson bridge Dec 8.1980.. the chute was rejected because it was claimed orange and white. Cossey had claimed the missing back chute canopy was all white, but it appears Cossey got the chute wrong so it might not have been all white.

The chute was found in the dropzone between the 8:11 and 8:12 flightpath time, about 4 miles E of the flightpath half a mile from the Heisson store and the railroad tracks run right along the River to the store. There was an historic flood in Heisson spring 1972.

If there is an area to search..  this is it, the East Fork Lewis River between Heisson bridge and Lucia Falls.

Red line is the rail tracks, blue line is the East Fork River between the Heisson bridge and Lucia falls. Black mark on Left is the flightpath, it has a 1 mile error.

This area "blueline" is 3-5 miles E of the flightpath right about the 8:12 time.

hiessonchute.jpeg.0b84cdd844cacace4630820aa03ba569.jpeg

parachutelewis.jpeg.10773101c3f6d71da415f981053a2cec.jpeg

lewischute.jpeg.3a656c0d3a13f51f1161791a1a0d371b.jpeg

lewsichute2.jpeg.6166adcbb59092b8c78932986edb61d8.jpeg

Expert..

Cooper could have drifted 5 miles along the wind line if a clear and pull jump.

The Heisson area East Fork Lewis River chute find is within 5 miles of the flightpath right about the 8:11/12 time..

5miles.jpeg.6864d1016d62853c17780bb767362356.jpeg

He's dead as Moses. That's for sure. Whether or not he was Cooper I can't say for sure one way or another. You keep coming on to people as if you know Hahneman was Cooper to almost a certainty. 

Yet the hard truth is you have been posting here for quite a while now, and after all that time you STILL haven't put up a single shred of evidence that even REMOTELY points to him as Cooper. Or even puts him in the Great Northwest at the time of the crime. Just saying Hahneman and Cooper might both be of Hispanic origin isn't good enough. You also say it 'isn't time' to reveal any evidence. Or that doing so will 'jeopardize' your investigation. 

Pure horseshit. I released a complete and unedited report on KC<<< fifty-four pages of it, several videos, a ton of articles, and a book. The FBI were provided everything we had at the time of the report, even stuff I didn't reveal publicly. The FBI didn't shut me out after I did it, and they didn't come banging on my door about it. And no one has tried to sue me for slander. Your unwillingness is just baloney because you don't really have a thing. You have ZIP. And you have the nerve to tell me that I 'know' KC isn't Cooper. I know no such thing. In fact, I believe he could be....COULD be...being the key phrase here because neither I or History Channel could get Bernie Geestman to spill the truth. But I do know he lied to me, he lied to Marisa Kagan at History Channel, he lied to his family, and he lied to the cast of the Decoded show. And when people change their stories and lie to everyone, they are hiding something. In her last interview with me, his ex-wife Margaret admitted that not only was Geestman involved in the hijacking, but yes...so was Kenny Christiansen.

Then...Geestman's own niece came forward and revealed a detail about the phony bomb that until that point no one else but the FBI and a sheriff down in Cowlitz County knew about. She also said she actually walked in on Kenny while he was constructing it. And her description of this device matches very well what little is actually known about the bomb, real or not. I found her a very credible witness. 

Then there is the matter of the Troy Bentz testimony...where Troy, a civilian engineer for the US Navy (with a family and kids to support) bravely came forward and said that senior FBI agent John Jarvis (Behavioral Profiling/Quantico) told he and two friends in August 2016 that the reason the FBI dropped the Cooper case in June was because they knew it was Kenny Christiansen, and that KC was dead. I released a full blown article at WordPress with Jarvis' picture. The FBI did not come beating down my door about it, and since the other two people who heard Jarvis say these things were also security-clearanced and also worked in civilian government jobs for the Navy...and were risking their careers...I sort of tended to believe them. 

You see, Flyjack...that's what you call 'evidence'. You should try it sometime. 

It might be coincidence, but I find it strange that the FBI decided to drop the investigation less than a year after they received a copy of my video on KC, and the full measure of the report. Their version of the report ran well over the public-released 54-page one. It was one big-ass set of files and CD's. It made me wonder. 

You get enough smoke, you start to think there's a fire going, you know. And that was just the tip of the iceberg with all these people. 

What I'm telling you now is that if you want your suspect to be taken seriously....and you want the right to be able to tell me you are SURE KC isn't the guy...then you have to establish something here. You need to provide some evidence, even minimally, pointing to Hahneman. So far, except for the fact you believe both Cooper and Fred H are the same guy because witness descriptions might have leaned Hispanic....you have squat to show for your 'investigation'. 

If Richard McCoy had truly been Cooper, they probably would have discovered that eventually. Unfortunately, he escaped from prison and was later killed by the FBI. McCoy actually looks much more like the sketch than Hahneman does. The problem with KC is that he was already dead when he became a suspect. But Hahneman is different from those two on several levels. One of them being the FBI kept pursuing the Cooper case hot and heavy all during the 12 years Hahneman was in Federal custody. And they never bothered him about the Cooper case later, even after he was released. Maybe the FBI knows something about him that you don't know. If they really figured he might be Cooper, they would have kept hammering on him and investigating him. But they did not. 

You should ask yourself why they didn't. 

Nonsense,

First you still don't recognize your lies.. and you repeat some. You don't know what I have.

You have no evidence for KC, opinions are not evidence.

You assume that I want to convince people of something. You do, that is your objective, not mine. It is not my responsibility to educate you. IMO, you are incapable of understanding.

The actual Cooper evidence eliminates KC. Fullstop. KC was not Cooper.

I have already told you, I started with the question.. Why was Hahneman eliminated... and I expected to find something obvious in short order, that didn't happen. So, if you have actual evidence, not assumptions that eliminate Hahneman then let me know. We have actual evidence that eliminates KC.

The Hahneman evidence I have makes me believe he was Cooper short of forensics putting him on the plane. I don't think anybody else should believe what I do because they don't have all the info I have. But, putting a suspect on the plane is the clincher and that is extremely difficult to impossible now. However, that is what I have been trying to do. Further, there are still some important lines of evidence I am chasing down and disclosing my case now absolutely puts that in jeopardy. At some point I will be able to explain this.. not now.

You just have to trust me, I know what I am doing. I have been moving the case forward just not publicly.

You keep assuming that because I haven't revealed all my evidence that I don't have anything.. I don't really care what people think now, I just don't like lies you keep spouting. KC and McCoy were investigated and the FBI kept looking for Cooper but you think they could be Cooper. So, your Hahneman argument is fake, a fraud.

The amount of evidence I have is overwhelming and complex and it requires a lot of work to pull it all together into an appropriate form. 

Hahneman aside, the fact remains Cooper was Latin/Mexican in features and characteristic as well as swarthy/olive complexion. He had thins lips and a protruding lower lip. Dark eyes. He had full hair, wavy/curly/marceled. Sketch B is the most accurate one. 

Just these things alone eliminate KC and most other suspects. You can spin it, deny it, ignore it and distract from it but it is 100% true. KC was not Cooper, you have no case. There never was one, even Lyle initially told the FBI he had no evidence.

Edited by FLYJACK

In her last interview with me, his ex-wife Margaret admitted that not only was Geestman involved in the hijacking, but yes...so was Kenny Christiansen.

It might be coincidence, but I find it strange that the FBI decided to drop the investigation less than a year after they received a copy of my video on KC, and the full measure of the report. Their version of the report ran well over the public-released 54-page one. It was one big-ass set of files and CD's. It made me wonder. 

But Hahneman is different from those two on several levels. One of them being the FBI kept pursuing the Cooper case hot and heavy all during the 12 years Hahneman was in Federal custody. And they never bothered him about the Cooper case later, even after he was released. Maybe the FBI knows something about him that you don't know. If they really figured he might be Cooper, they would have kept hammering on him and investigating him. But they did not. 

"In her last interview with me, his ex-wife Margaret admitted that not only was Geestman involved in the hijacking, but yes...so was Kenny Christiansen."

Robert, in YOUR report on KC, Margaret Geestman admitted only that Kenny "COULD BE" the hijacker. That's directly from your report.

"It might be coincidence, but I find it strange that the FBI decided to drop the investigation less than a year after they received a copy of my video on KC, and the full measure of the report. Their version of the report ran well over the public-released 54-page one. It was one big-ass set of files and CD's. It made me wonder. "

Curtis Eng told Marla Cooper that he was planning on closing the case. She said that right here on DZ a few years before you ever submitted your report. Once they were done with the testing of items from her uncle, that's exactly what they did. Your report had nothing to do with that.

"But Hahneman is different from those two on several levels. One of them being the FBI kept pursuing the Cooper case hot and heavy all during the 12 years Hahneman was in Federal custody. And they never bothered him about the Cooper case later, even after he was released. Maybe the FBI knows something about him that you don't know. If they really figured he might be Cooper, they would have kept hammering on him and investigating him. But they did not." 

How do you know that they didn't question him extensively about the Cooper hijacking? Do you have some inside knowledge on how seriously they looked at him? You say "But they did not". How do you know that they did not??

48 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

How do you know that they didn't question him extensively about the Cooper hijacking? Do you have some inside knowledge on how seriously they looked at him? You say "But they did not". How do you know that they did not??

I read his comments as implying that the FBI did investigate him thoroughly, but found enough clear evidence to exclude him in short order. So as I read it, Blevins is implying that *Flyjack* is the one who is suggesting that the FBI dropped the ball on him. (Of course, Flyjack might be suggesting that the FBI did ID him as cooper, but for unknown reasons decided to cover this up.)

1 hour ago, Divalent said:

I read his comments as implying that the FBI did investigate him thoroughly, but found enough clear evidence to exclude him in short order. So as I read it, Blevins is implying that *Flyjack* is the one who is suggesting that the FBI dropped the ball on him. (Of course, Flyjack might be suggesting that the FBI did ID him as cooper, but for unknown reasons decided to cover this up.)

Yeah, my point was that Blevins doesn't know the extent to which the FBI did or did not look at the guy and for how long. There isn't a lot out there on him as a Cooper suspect that I have seen, so Blevins is simply making some assumptions there. Ultimately, his assumptions may be correct, who knows.

We don't know what the FBI itself concluded about Hahneman. I know they made a false statement about his whereabouts and redacted info that shouldn't be (he's dead) and I know there was (attempted) very high level intervention above the FBI level in "national interests".

I also know this case is extraordinary and something extraordinary occurred for it not to be publicly solved.

Whatever the FBI concluded, if anything substantive, is mostly irrelevant, they could be right, could be wrong, could have been influenced by other factors. We don't know and unlike other dead investigated suspects they seem to be hiding it.

Blevins not only assumes he was eliminated by the FBI but that they are also correct. Neither are a proven fact.

Suspects should be eliminated based on facts..  not assumptions. It is that simple.

Blevins relies on assumptions because he has no facts.

I am not aware of any facts that eliminate Hahneman..  

2 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

People have held me to certain standards regarding KC. They want to see evidence, they want to see witness testimony. And anyone who has actively investigated someone for the Cooper case will tell you the same thing. It ain't easy to pin the hijacking on someone. Flyjack keeps saying I am lying to him. No. That is not the case, or the basic issue. 

I merely ask....if he is going to continue to insist that Hahneman is certainly Cooper and KC is not...that he provide at least a minimal amount of evidence pointing to that possibility. I provided what I could on KC, and I got hammered pretty hard sometimes when I got overly excited and started saying I was 'certain' KC and Cooper were the same person. And...I deserved that...because to date no one, and I mean NO ONE has been able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt WHO Cooper really was. 

Do I suspect that KC and Cooper were the same guy? Of course I do. Can I prove it beyond a reasonable doubt? No. But the John Jarvis revelation really bugs me sometimes. It poses the idea that the FBI already knows who Cooper was, and dropped the case because if it WERE KC...it would be pointless to continue spending money pursuing the case against a dead guy. Jarvis had been with the FBI for 15 years at the time he told those three people what he told them. I just can't figure out WHY the FBI would withhold that from the general public, if they knew KC was Cooper. And the year before Jarvis said these things, we sent the Seattle FBI (as well as their address in WA DC) two really comprehensive sets of files and reports on the KC  investigation done by myself and Skipp Porteous. And they did acknowledge receiving these things. (Both mailings were done Certified, Registered, Return Receipt and all that. Can't remember exactly what I paid the US Post Office for what services regarding those files, but it was the Full Monty as they say.)

I will probably never be able to prove KC was Cooper today, I mean 99.9% beyond a doubt. One reason is because some of the key witnesses have died since 2009, when Skipp and I first started working together. So there is probably little to no chance of knowing for sure. 

And people can come after me all they wish, but the truth is that I am the only one to hit the bricks for more than a year and investigate someone hard-core for the Cooper case. The first and only civilian anyway. And to later make virtually everything public on what we discovered. We just laid it out there for people and let them have at it. Real names, real emails, real addresses, the whole smash. And I know some Cooper folks got mad about that. But I figured that was the best way to go. Not say to people I can't tell them anything because it would 'jeopardize our investigation'. And people OUTSIDE of Cooperland (small group of armchair investigators and self-taught experts on the case) respected us for doing that. 'Here it is.." we told people. 'Help yourself. Maybe you will figure it out, or find something we missed...' The folks INSIDE of Cooperland had the opposite take on our releases. They basically hated us for doing it. The public is another matter. I still get emails with questions occasionally. 

The way myself and AB of Seattle sees Cooperland is much different than the way these people see themselves. They see themselves as upright, justified, and good. We see them as (sometimes) vindictive, and prone to do things that actually hurt public participation in both the Cooper case, as well as public events based around the case. This is shown by the people who inhabit Cooperland...the membership hasn't changed a whole lot in the last few years, and new blood is very lacking. This is unlike other groups who investigate different historical cases, or unknown phenomenon and the like. Those groups keep growing all the time, while Cooperland seems to have its feet stuck in the mud. People like Bruce Smith, and his WordPress blog full of nothing but filthy comments by people using REAL names of real people known in the Cooper case...actually drives Cooper fans away. Or keeps people like Geoff Gray and others from participating. Sometimes these people even lie about others involved in the case, just to make a point. It is totally nuts. 

These things also damage the credibility of Cooperland in general, and discourage new folks out there in the public from participating. 'They' could be next (online attack junk), these people believe. Geoff Gray knew to avoid Cooperland right from the start. And he has the biggest-selling book ever on the Cooper case. Except for a few people who only participate occasionally, such as Tom Kaye, Cooperland in general does not have a good reputation. I know this from reading the emails from people I don't even know who say the same thing...and why they choose to view posts, but not participate in the discussions or attend the conventions. 

You did lie.. repeatedly...  you made many false claims attributed to me and continued even after you were corrected. I listed them..

You just ignore the facts,,, to support an irrational argument.

I have always said I believe he is based on the evidence that I have short of forensics and I don't expect anyone else to think that.. how can anyone form a conclusion without the information. I have thousands of pieces of information.

and I am not insisting Hahneman is Cooper, you have manufactured another lie.. all I do is point out the facts of the case. Those facts eliminate KC and most other suspects. But to protect your KC narrative you can't refute the facts so you attack the messenger with lies.

KC was not Cooper, Jarvis's opinion real or imagined, a nod or wink is completely irrelevant.. some agents thought it was McCoy.. Opinions aren't evidence. Meaningless.

There is NO evidence for KC and the facts eliminate him.

KC is a complete waste of time.. one of the worst Cooper suspects ever pushed.

There are suspects that are NOT Cooper like KC, Reca, McCoy, Sheridan, Weber, Barb Dayton, LD Cooper, and there are some that there is not enough info on..

If your suspect is not Latin/Mexican in features and characteristics and swarthy/olive complexion with a full head of wavy/curly/marceled hair, thin lips and protruding lower lip then he is NOT Cooper.. deal with it.

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

You did lie.. repeatedly...  you made many false claims attributed to me and continued even after you were corrected. I listed them..

You just ignore the facts,,, to support an irrational argument.

I have always said I believe he is based on the evidence that I have short of forensics and I don't expect anyone else to think that.. how can anyone form a conclusion without the information. I have thousands of pieces of information.

and I am not insisting Hahneman is Cooper, you have manufactured another lie.. all I do is point out the facts of the case. Those facts eliminate KC and most other suspects. But to protect your KC narrative you can't refute the facts so you attack the messenger with lies.

KC was not Cooper, Jarvis's opinion real or imagined, a nod or wink is completely irrelevant.. some agents thought it was McCoy.. Opinions aren't evidence. Meaningless.

There is NO evidence for KC and the facts eliminate him.

KC is a complete waste of time.. one of the worst Cooper suspects ever pushed.

There are suspects that are NOT Cooper like KC, Reca, McCoy, Sheridan, Weber, Barb Dayton, LD Cooper, and there are some that there is not enough info on..

If your suspect is not Latin/Mexican in features and characteristics and swarthy/olive complexion with a full head of wavy/curly/marceled hair, thin lips and protruding lower lip then he is NOT Cooper.. deal with it.

Hahneman is a good suspect - he always has been, compared to all the others. The problem with all suspects continues to be hard evidence. There have always been real suspects vs all the others who are "social media suspects" only. Something for people to waste their time with and talk about endlessly vs actual suspects ... and the real DB Cooper is probably still out there untouched by the FBI or Social Media Practicioners (SMP's) ! Its just a game people play on the social media. Its like 'is the world round vs flat vs oblate spheroid! On and on and on and on ... with people burned at the stake  in the process. Funny.   

Edited by georger
edit

Robert - For the most part, I tend to agree with your assessment on Hahneman. I think they would have probably figured it out if it were him. I think the same applies to McCoy. That being said, there may be circumstances that prevented that from happening and if Flyjack ever gets to the point where he wants to share what he has, then I'll certainly take a look at it and see if my mind changes with more information. My default opinion on any suspect is that they are not Cooper until they are. 

As far as your witnesses go, they mean very little to me. There are lots of witnesses in this case. If everything Jo Weber ever said was true, then Duane would certainly be Cooper. If everything Marla presented were true, then Uncle LD is the guy. If Daytons claims were true, then he/she was Cooper. Same goes for all of the claims from Reca, Gossett, etc. I don't even think that all of these folks are liars, though some certainly are.

So from my perspective, the witness claims are the least compelling part of any suspect. Some are very interesting, but they carry very little weight, at least for me. Others may disagree and are free to do so.

8 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Flyjack: 

You (Flyjack) can sit there and call me a liar over and over if you wish. When you get ready to present at least one tiny shred of evidence regarding Hahneman...you will let people know, right?

You have not presented one single bit of evidence that even remotely points to the idea that Hahneman was possibly Cooper. This means you are not in a position to tell others their suspects are without merit. You haven't presented shit yet. Just a lot of hot air, name-calling, and dodge ball. 

Your approach to my challenges is just like if I were to tell you KC was Cooper, and then go on to say I can't tell you why he is. 

It's laughable. I never said you lied about anything. I merely proposed reasonable assumptions on what the FBI might do after they first hear of a THIRD hijacking in the Cooper vein. Cooper in November 1971 and the FBI is turning over rocks trying to discover his identity. Then the following April, here comes Richard McCoy. Less than a month later, Hahneman. But unlike McCoy, who gets himself killed later, Hahneman is convicted and in Federal custody for 12 long years. There is no doubt that the FBI would have checked him out closely for the Cooper case. And being how they HAD him in custody for all those years, very easy to do. But even after he's finally released, the Feds barely keep tabs on him. 

This tells me that for some reason unknown to you, me, or anyone else...that somehow they were able to eliminate him from the Cooper suspect pool, and pretty early on it seems. 

If you somehow see it differently, you should stop claiming you are pretty sure about him and START presenting at least some of the evidence. Otherwise it is just the word of an anonymous person on the internet. That would be you. 

My credibility in this scenario, if you want to compare profiles, is much better than yours. People know who I am. I don't hide behind a username. My email, even my phone, is public record. A book, interviews, an extensive report, all done publicly, and I never felt the need to hide behind an imitation identity. People understand the difference, and judge accordingly. 

Your post is hodgepodge of nonsensical arguments. 

You did lie.. I posted your lies.. this is not challenging a suspect.

You claim I don't give the FBI credit for wondering if Hahneman was Cooper, I said they did look at him.

You claim I believe that the FBI bypassed Hahneman, I never claimed that, they did look at him.

You claim (my idea) that the FBI was dumb. I never said that. I said I found either a gross error or a lie.

You claim I said the FBI never looked at Hahneman, I have said that they did.

You claim the FBI ignored Hahneman, they didn't.

You claim I have nothing, you don't know what I have.

You claimed all I had was newspaper clippings, I have far more than that and have said so.

I am not asking anybody to believe Hahneman is Cooper, they shouldn't, nobody has enough information. It is not my responsibility to educate you on Hahneman.

Sorry Blevins, I am not doing this for you.

You really make so sense,,, I can't dismiss another suspect because I haven't revealed the case for Hahneman. On what world does that make any sense. This has to be one the nuttiest things I ever read here.

Hahneman is completely irrelevant to other suspects, the facts of the case eliminate KC.

A suspect being Cooper or not has nothing to do with the credibility of the researcher.. it is the case evidence that determines it and there is no evidence for KC and the case evidence eliminates him.

As for credibility, I have much more than you,,, you just don't realize it. 

The case facts are clear..  you can't challenge them so you attack me. 

Cooper was Latin/Mexican in features and characteristics and swarthy/olive complexion with a full head of wavy/curly/marceled hair, thin lips and protruding lower..

KC WAS NOT COOPER. He is a complete waste of time. Not only nothing there but the evidence eliminates him..

If you don't believe Hahneman was Cooper based on assumptions, that is fine with me. In fact, I prefer it. It is not my responsibility to change your mind. You just need to stop lying..

2 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Robert - For the most part, I tend to agree with your assessment on Hahneman. I think they would have probably figured it out if it were him. I think the same applies to McCoy. That being said, there may be circumstances that prevented that from happening and if Flyjack ever gets to the point where he wants to share what he has, then I'll certainly take a look at it and see if my mind changes with more information. My default opinion on any suspect is that they are not Cooper until they are. 

As far as your witnesses go, they mean very little to me. There are lots of witnesses in this case. If everything Jo Weber ever said was true, then Duane would certainly be Cooper. If everything Marla presented were true, then Uncle LD is the guy. If Daytons claims were true, then he/she was Cooper. Same goes for all of the claims from Reca, Gossett, etc. I don't even think that all of these folks are liars, though some certainly are.

So from my perspective, the witness claims are the least compelling part of any suspect. Some are very interesting, but they carry very little weight, at least for me. Others may disagree and are free to do so.

I agree,, I started looking at Hahneman thinking that there must be something obvious that eliminates him..  there wasn't, the case got stronger and stronger.. I can't explain the FBI's role.. but all the stuff I have found is overwhelming. I know that elimination based on assumptions is a rookie error.

In most solved cold cases, the criminal did previously cross the path of investigators. 

A few of the facts.. most of these I have already mentioned.

A US Government official said he had planned the hijacking for a year. (pre-dating Cooper)

Hahneman was looked at by the FBI. The results are not disclosed.

Hahneman is redacted from FBI files even though he died long ago. Unlike other dead suspects.

The FBI made a 100% false statement that would eliminate him from being Cooper. I don't know why.

Hahneman had help/connections at a very high level, they intervened on his behalf.

Howard E Hunt was questioned during a hearing on CIA activities about Hahneman's work during the Guatemalan coup. He was in Guatemala.

Nobody ever claimed Haheman was Cooper except the hijacked flight crew.

Hahneman cut a last minute plea deal and had most charges dropped.

The money from his hijacking was hidden in Honduras, recovered a year later.

He was only caught because a relative turned him in for the reward.

He was not talking and even ordered his attorney not to talk.

I have a lot more than newspaper clippings, thousands of pieces of information.

He had high level security clearances.

I suspect, based on his movements/locations, connections and employers that he did contract work directly and indirectly at times for the CIA..

Was it a simple error or some very high level coverup?

If I had to guess, based on what I know, the FBI was likely fed false information from higher up undermining their investigation. But I don't know.

Edited by FLYJACK

Just now, RobertMBlevins said:

The difference between the witness and evidence submissions done by Skipp and myself, and the submissions of other investigators is quite simple. We gave real names, real addresses, and put our names on it. Some stuff involved a current FBI agent. You start making up stuff, and maybe the FBI DOES go out and at least minimally investigate your claims. If they find out you just plain lied about everything and wasted their time and manpower...they could be showing up at YOUR door in a very angry mood. So I was pretty careful about what went into those files and reports, especially when you naming real people and making most of the files a public download. No dodging, no weaving, no anonymous junk. That was our approach. Whether we were right about everything remains to be seen. 

To Flyjack: No hinting on high-level coverup stuff regarding Hahneman without some evidence on that. Otherwise we will start calling you Jo Weber. ¬¬ But, like Parrot, the day you decide to release some evidence on Hahneman I will take a look at it too. You've been posting here and putting down other suspects for while now...and hinting your guy is THE guy....yet you haven't presented squat yet in all that time except the possible Hispanic connection. And that is not enough. 

Blevins, 

It is not my responsibility to educate you, do you understand that.

I have zero interest in sharing my work with you.

Hahneman was or wasn't Cooper based on the evidence, not my opinion, advocacy or research. 

I research this case for my myself, not to flog books or convince other people I am right.. that is your game. You project your game onto me.

I just pointed out the Cooper case evidence and that evidence eliminates most high profile suspects and especially KC. The evidence eliminates KC not me..

That isn't putting them down, that is stating the facts of the case.

KC was not Cooper, he doesn't match the evidence. It is that simple.

KC is a complete waste of time for anybody serious.

Listened to Darren’s podcast with Dr. Robert Edwards..

https://thecoopervortex.podbean.com/e/db-cooper-and-flight-305-dr-robert-edwards/

Overall very good, agreed with nearly all of it. Obviously there is more in the book.

Some notes, mostly agree, some minor additions.

Absolutely, easily survivable jump.

Cooper had jump experience, military.

Oscillations were felt for most of the trip, the report of oscillations was a rapid increase of needle fluctuation on the gauge which ended with the bump felt in the ears. That bump was simultaneous with the gauge needle at the extreme. Essentially, the bump being simultaneous with an extreme needle oscillation which would have occurred in seconds not minutes. 

305 stairs were not locked down. The light was red/amber, red/amber is unlocked. Green is down and locked, no green light noted. Further, the stairs would have been damaged during landing if locked down, the damage was only minor scrapes on the end. 

The Placard was not inside Norjak. 100% fact. I have a photo. There is no debate, it came from the outside of a passing 727/737.

The parachute description came solely from Cossey, he is a proven liar and unreliable.

The wind at the LZ was an estimate. Reconstructing the wind drift is valid.

The flighpath had a plotting error of 1 mile, it is in the FBI files. In 1973 they discussed recalculating with a 0.5 error using a new method.

The common plotted flightpath is generally accurate along v-23 with that 1 mile error consideration.

The Dan Cooper magazine was not published in english, but it was published in Mexico in Spanish for Latin America. The French language angle is a red herring. Since Cooper was desribed as Latin/Mexican that becomes more significant. Hahneman worked for the IGY in Latin America which was sponsored by Herge, the Dan Cooper publisher. So there is a connection but I agree the probability is still low, so Darren's comic connection may still be alive, barely. I also have a more likely source for the Dan Cooper name..... NASA.

True, the TBAR money most likely came from the River upstream. Although, I did find that the mouth of the Lewis was dredged and dumped above TBAR. One of my theories has the money entering the Willamette.. another the Columbia but the Willamette has a gravel bottom vs the Columbia with a sandy bottom.. if anybody could do an abrasion test for the rounding of the packets that might help.

The problem with the FBI/files as data.. there are errors, these are not conclusions but research notes. So, they have a built in error potential.

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

UPDATE on the UFO/DB Cooper Skywatch Party next July: 

(Whether you want it or not. ^_^)

About 35 people have committed to going so far. Mostly through our contacts at Facebook and Meetup. There has been some talk in favor of moving it from Darland Mountain west of Yakima to a place near the area we held it last July. 

I am in FAVOR of this idea, which is coming from SUFON members. (Seattle UFO Network) 

And that area, the one north of Mt Rainier where we gathered last July, is Forest Service. The Darland Mountain site is Department of Natural Resources, state-run. 

Which means....an event at Darland would require everyone to have a Discover Pass, the WA state permit to visit the state lands and parks you already paid for with your taxes.

I am AGAINST the Discover Pass because it cuts poor families from visiting many state lands and hiking trails, and is a yearly fee.

I am FOR the US Forest Service's Senior Lifetime Pass, which costs less than a hundred bucks and gives you access to all National Parks, Monuments, Forest Service campgrounds and trailheads, basically the whole smash. For life. Non-seniors can get a Lifetime Pass as well. That's a fair deal. 

And where we will hold this party...you don't need a Forest Service pass anyway. 

So...we will almost certainly hold this event next July (once again) north of Mt. Rainier.

I will modify the website page about this in the next day or two and change the slideshow. 

Remember, we are limited to around 75 attendees total. If you don't register, you can't attend...at least not in the main area. Last time we had some drop ins who walked in and camped outside that area. That is allowed by US Forest Service and doesn't count toward your group camp total unless it gets ridiculous. B) However, these drop-ins were screened before they were allowed in. Anyone known to us in Cooperland who is foolish enough to drive miles off-road without getting on the attendance list, deserves to be turned away. 

Attendance begins here: https://www.adventurebooksofseattle.com/seattle-ufo-network-page

This isn't your personal facebook page..

8 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

You keep confusing my questions about Hahneman with an effort to sell books. This is not about books. We're wholesale here. Ingram catalog. Internet posts have zip to do with our book sales. Most customers are bookstores, or book jobbers and distributors worldwide. I personally cannot post enough to move a book sale one way or another. B)

You keep saying the evidence proves this, or proves that...on suspects other than your own. 

And yet strangely....you present no evidence of your own on your own suspect. You keep dodging the questions. 

You are not asked to share your work with me personally. I'm saying you owe everyone who reads this thread, not me. You go on and on about evidence and this suspect or that...and how you 'know' they can't be Cooper, etc. etc. ad nauseum. 

And yet...you still present zip, nada, nothing, not happening, negatory, and absolutely nothing regarding Hahneman. 

Don't you think that is both arrogant and weird at the same time? If you want to be taken seriously, at least by me, you should stop making judgments on suspects while you promote your own based on a few lines on a wanted poster. Most of which are fairly inaccurate anyway. 

So far, you have presented zip on Hahneman and get really defensive when someone like me asks you politely why not?

I am not one who is confused here,,

Besides lying about me you claimed a thoroughly investigated McCoy could be Cooper but Hahneman couldn't because he would have been discovered. You can't even admit your argument is flawed.

My point about books is that I don't need to defend a book, there isn't one. I don't have the same motivation as you. You are projecting your motivation onto me.

I didn't dodge the question, I gave you two reasons why I am not publicizing my research now.

It will jeopardize advancing the case, there are still some things I am working on.

and

I have thousands of pieces of information, there is no way all that info can be presented properly on a forum like this.

I don't owe anybody on this forum anything, that is a crock. I have already done a lot to advance this case.

The evidence eliminates KC and most other suspects,, not me.

After discussions with you over the years I have zero respect for you. You are a liar, you are incapable of reason and when I have explained things you just ignore it. I don't care what you think, I just don't like your lies.

Pointing out the facts of the case is not promoting Hahneman. It isn't just a few lines on a wanted poster.

What little is publicly known about Hahneman does not eliminate him, what is known about KC does eliminate him, same for most other suspects.

You don't ask polite questions, you outright lie and fabricate... I answered your questions and you just ignore it..  any rational discussion with you is futile.

Your agenda is to defend your KC narrative not to uncover the truth.

and I don't think you or anyone should accept Hahneman as Cooper, please just reject Hahneman but don't be dishonest and hide behind lies and bogus arguments, and if you have real evidence, not assumptions, that eliminate him let me know.

Your lack of credibility doesn't eliminate KC, the case evidence does.

Edited by FLYJACK

Another consideration I forgot to mention was the McCoy hijacking occurring weeks before Hahneman.

The FBI caught McCoy and went full into trying to tie him to NORJAK.. meanwhile Hahneman was on the run in Honduras but unidentified. 

The investigation into McCoy was thorough and well documented in FBI docs while virtually nil on Hahneman. If the FBI thought McCoy was Cooper and focussed resources on him that may have caused them to drop the ball on Hahneman. They did make a public claim for Hahneman that was 100% false, I don't know if that is why he was eliminated or even if he was eliminated. But, that claim, if believed would have eliminated Hahneman. This probably played at least a partial role in it.

Edited by FLYJACK

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

The Cooper tie was loaded with sodium chloride,,,  not table salt.

Sodium chloride tablets were used in Vietnam for dehydration.

vietnam-war-sog-special-forces-medic-salt-tablets_1_52ff0c25c7cec846d85a93957b7c6c30.jpg.785c6aa5222d88b0466263b1e3c7a1e2.jpg

vietnam-war-special-forces-individual_1_a95a3d13b26dafd375f50f260b46f269-1.jpg.71f0be0523d1bca6adaeffbc6ea3df58.jpg

So how does that end up on his tie? Clearly, if Cooper was in Vietnam, I doubt he was wearing a tie. Does the presence of  Sodium Chloride line up with anything else on the tie?