47 47
quade

DB Cooper

14 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

The briefcase bomb from the 1970 movie Airport.

Duc tape, lantern battery and explosives...

movieairportbomb.jpeg.81c7cb6230c5f78806895e4b5fbe9e81.jpeg

airportbombbriefcase.jpeg.f79f4329921fd6741e0dab995cbbc7c3.jpeg

correction,,, It is electrical tape, explosives and lantern battery... 

I knew that but mistakenly wrote duc tape..

Did Cooper get the idea from the movie?

(edited)
21 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Tom Kaye wind data... there is a file linked in there but I can't open it as I am not registered there.

I do have the files and the data suggests the winds were consistent through elevation and more from the South, however the data was from two locations so far from the placard find that the data is meaningless..

The closest measurement from the FBI files shows Toledo had winds from the S at 8 PM... that indicates that wind data used for the placard analysis is not accurate enough. Ulis and Robert99 have created a faux "fact" using irrelevant data.

https://www.thedbcooperforum.com/db-cooper/flight-path-and-related-issues/msg29613/#msg29613

"All,
I was having dinner with my science friend Bruce the other night and he asked about Cooper. I told him there was a big discussion about the flight path and the placard drift rate. Bruce is retired from JPL, created the first clear air turbulence instrument and was on the team that discovered the ozone hole. He described the boundary layer  over land (as opposed to water) as going from 0-3000 feet or so and it is in this layer that the winds typically are in a different direction from winds aloft. He said the way to answer the question is get the radiosonde data from those dates in that area and it would show the winds from ground to 12K+ feet or so. It turns out that the data is tricky to get and condense into readable form so I had to bribe him with a steak dinner and now we have the data!

The two closest locations were Salem just south of Portland and Quillayute Bruce said was just west of Seattle. They launch twice a day at 5pm and 5am so that is the data we have. I had him pull a second random day Nov 11 for comparison and you can see that the winds then were actually east near the ground. Nov 24 looks pretty consistent all the way down but seems to be more southerly than we had estimated. Now you can do a proper analysis.  

Tom Kaye"

The wind measurements....

Quillayute is 145 miles from the Placard find location.

Salem is 90 miles from the Placard find location.

So, the wind data is really meaningless and the drift calculations are no good.

The FBI files have wind from the S at 8 PM at Toledo, 15 miles from the placard find location.

but it is all pointless because the Placard never came from NORJAK.

The real take away is that Ulis and Robert99 have misrepresented and leveraged this irrelevant wind data to advance a narrative...

It is dishonest.

Edited by FLYJACK

Shutter,

You misunderstand the Toledo info..

I am not claiming that it proves the winds at elevation at the Placard were from the S... we don't know.

It proves that the winds were not consistent. 

Toledo was ground winds, if you analyze all the wind data throughout the area the ground winds were the same direction as elevation with a lower speed..

The data shows that the winds in the area were shifting from the SE to SW around 8PM.. 

Winds can vary over a few miles,,, using the FBI or Tom Kaye data as the actual winds at the placard find is ridiculous, myopic and IMO dishonest. You can't get any more amateur...

But it doesn't matter, the placard was never inside NORJAK.....

(edited)

Eric Ulis just posted this misinformation..

It isn't jealousy Eric,, I really believe you are a liar, fraud and grifter who is a terrible researcher.

Your comments are good as I can clear them up for you. Though Eric doesn't care what I have so say or the facts so he can maintain his bogus narrative without being challenged. 

Eric Ulis wrote..

"I really don't understand the need for some to troll. It must be a jealousy thing. Frankly I could care less what TrollJack has to say. What has he contributed to the case other then theories such as:

1) Cooper really wanted to fly to Mexico but changed his mind and decided to jump near Vancouver.
2) The money came from a dump on the Columbia River.
3) Tina was hiding cash in her coat pocket that was visible in footage from Reno.
4) There were five parachutes delivered to the airport.
5) Cooper didn't want the jet to depart with the airstairs down even though it says so.
6) Eric stole his investigative research on the tie.
7) DB Cooper was 5' 8"

And, of course, the wind was actually coming from the south or southeast that night.

All very compelling theories that the world is itching to learn more about.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:27:36 PM by EU »"

These are brief responses,,,

1) FACT, Cooper demanded to fly to Mexico nonstop. He made a demand that was impossible and had to be rejected so he must have believed it was possible when he made it. Also, his initial demand was airstairs lowered inflight (FACT), that changed when Reno was negotiated. His initial demand indicates that he didn't want to jump outside Seattle (contradicting Eric's narrative). The fact that his demand changed means that his plan adapted to the circumstances. Safe to assume Cooper had a jump location planned when he made his initial demand, he didn't want to land anywhere in the US. When Reno was negotiated his demand changed because the plane was landing in the US, a vulnerable situation for a hijacker with the money and no passengers. He adapted and jumped earlier than he initially planned. Cooper was described as swarthy/Latin American/Mexican American in appearance and features,, even the FBI investigated a Mexico connection. Further, he asked for "US currency" per Tina and "American currency" via the pilots.. you have two sources, not just the pilots. To qualify the money with US/American is not common. That strongly suggests (doesn't prove) a foreign influence which means Cooper had some international exposure. He could still be American, but has spent time outside the US recently. Lastly, many have stated that the Mexico demand was a ruse,, it is possible (anything is possible) but there is zero evidence for that, it is 100% speculation. So, for those who claim it was a ruse what is your argument??  there isn't one other than a beleif.

2) The dump theory,, that was an early theory that I investigated. There was a dump just upstream of TBAR that was a disaster zone,, lots of illegal dumping and debris everywhere. The dump was surrounded by the slough which drained right near the Willamette and Columbia confluence. That dump theory is one of many TBAR theories I have but low on my ranking. I have several higher ranking theories. IMO, the "Cooper buried the money next to the River then tried to retrieve it" theory is ridiculous and baseless. It is the weakest speculation that you can have. Nonsense.

3) There is a pic of Tina in her coat at Reno and she has an item in the coat pocket that appears to be the same size as money packets.. that is just a fact. I never claimed it was money, it is unknowable.

4) Parachutes, Cossey claimed he sent in two and we know Hayden sent in two plus the two fronts equals six..  I never claimed that was true, I was stating the claims and speculating to figure out why the packing cards don't match plus Hayden disputes the chute description in the FBI files.. why did Cossey modify one of the chute handles he packed for Hayden that made it harder to pull.. there are lots of problems with the chutes and I don't have an answer other than speculation. I can't explain the chutes but there is a big problem there.

4) This one is a good example of Eric's dishonesty and ignorance.. he is misrepresenting my statements and the evidence. The FBI files clearly state (in several places) that Cooper's initial demand was airstairs lowered inflight, that changed when Reno was negotiated with the crew. This is a fact. Eric is 100% wrong. He puts his theory before the facts.

5) Eric did steal my tie research, I posted the dating analysis as I was processing it on Shutter's site long before Eric, He claimed he was studying the case at the time and there is no way he didn't see it. I posted it for everybody to use and never wanted credit... but Eric claimed it was his work and then called me a liar and troll. Eric then misrepresented the tie dates to infer Sheridan had the tie in 1963, this is 100% false. If Eric had actually researched the tie carefully enough he would know that the earliest is Spring 1964. I don't have any problem with people using my research, I have a problem with people claiming it was theirs distorting it and then calling me a liar and troll.. Projection, Eric.

7) I never said Cooper was 5' 8". Some of the witnesses did. I believe Cooper was about 5' 10" in shoes. The first FBI description had Cooper 5' 9" to 6' 1"...  Height is an estimate.

Last, the wind data shows that the wind was shifting from SE to SW from 7-9PM, the data is not accurate enough in place, (nowhere near the placard find) or time (the wind data is averaged over an hour). The wind data was just not accurate enough to be used in the wind drift analysis. Further, the FBI acknowledged the wind was an estimate and searched below the flightpath.. the wind is irrelevant as the Placard never came from inside NORJAK.

Eric is dishonest, he has a narrative to sell, that is his objective... most of the rest of us, even if we disagree are seeking the truth. 

Eric cherry picks, elevates and even distorts info that supports his goal seeking narrative and rejects info that contradicts it..  He has a passive aggressive bullying method of manipulating the Cooper world to embrace his narrative which is contradicted by the facts...

If Eric wasn't buying cover and cred with the CooperCon, he'd be laughed out of the Cooper world..

Honestly, I'd never cared about Eric's garbage theories until he stole my research distorted it and spent the last two years calling me a liar and troll... 

Edited by FLYJACK

The ransom money was given to Cooper in packets of 100 bills, rubber banded into bundles of packets. The money was recorded in order and the TBAR money was in the same order.

The 3 TBAR packets had rubber band fragments but appeared separate. 

It is far more likely that the TBAR money was one single rubber banded bundle of packets as it was given to Cooper. On TBAR the rubber bands holding the single bundle deteriorated and the packets separated slightly.

To maintain that the money could only have arrived on TBAR as three separate packets is a gross error.

(edited)

No Georger,, wrong assumptions.

Diatoms can be deeper than 3 feet but that is irrelevant.

The theory... The money arrived at the find spot when the water was about 6 ft above it, the water rose more then receded within weeks/months. However, the money entered the water upstream of TBAR on the surface in Spring, floated briefly fanned out and sank, that is when the diatoms would have entered the money, when the money first entered the River and fanned out.. The high flow for the Columbia is Spring.

This isn't anything new or insightful.....

What is new is what caused the money to enter the Columbia and the timing.

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)
11 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

No Georger,, wrong assumptions.

Diatoms can be deeper than 3 feet but that is irrelevant.

The theory... The money arrived at the find spot when the water was about 6 ft above it, the water rose more then receded within weeks/months. However, the money entered the water upstream of TBAR on the surface in Spring, floated briefly fanned out and sank, that is when the diatoms would have entered the money, when the money first entered the River and fanned out.. The high flow for the Columbia is Spring.

This isn't anything new or insightful.....

What is new is what caused the money to enter the Columbia and the timing.

Now this is funny,,

Georger falsely claimed diatoms aren't below 3 feet,, (and I never said June, I said Spring)

Eric sees this false claim and runs with it to support his completely bogus burial retrieval narrative..

It is like a Marxist Critical Cooper Theory,,, use and elevate any information whether true or not to support a narrative and discredit any info that challenges it.

See how dysfunctional the Cooper world is...  a misinformation cesspool..

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

The placard is dead.

Eric will never give it up and hang on to any "possibility"... he has flipped the burden of proof, the only person that seems to get away with it. WE have to prove something didn't happen.. while he only rests on a possibility. His entire narrative is based on possibilities while rejecting contrary evidence. Eric and Robert99 use wind data that is not accurate enough to support their claims.. they have built an argument based on poor analysis and conjecture, not facts.

So, it is rare that we can prove a negative.. that placard did not come from inside NORJAK. It was "possible" but still unlikely if NORJAK had the optional emergency system, without that system that remote possibility is gone. There are some other issues with the placard but,

It's done, now Eric and Robert99 will deny it and demand you prove a negative.. the burden is on them. 

Eric's non-argument is "how many 727's are flying around with rear stairs open" so it must have come from NORJAK... Eric must first prove NORJAK had that decal inside, he skips that step and just makes the assumption.

The only red handle pull for the interior was the optional emergency system and NORJAK did not have it.. the image proves it and there are two different decals on the door.

IMO, that decal was never inside any 727, it was an exterior decal.

But the holes in the decal indicate rivets or some type of fasteners,,, not above holding it on but below the decal. The decal was placed on above the rivets. The spots where the tear holes are would be above exterior rivet heads, that is where the decal would be weak as the surface adhesion transitioned from the sheet metal to rivet head. There is NO way to make those tear holes if it was inside.. there are no rivets or fasteners inside.

Here is a pic of an early 727-100 taken in 1977... I believe that is the mystery decal for the exterior emergency release.. If you look at 727-200 and later updated 727-100's the decal is a long rectangle. Those are different systems.

727-14-1977.jpeg.66593303101fe87b86f8afe19b89be4e.jpeg

727-200 and revised 727-100's.. long rectangle decal.

0318506.jpg.30d0bec2506c92bb4be1d22b98725bb0.jpg

The FBI had the location for the decal as on the outside and stated no further investigation.. in subsequently dated statements they claimed it could have fallen off any passing 727.. The FBI knowing the placard location would not say that if it came from inside..

placardoutsideaircraft.jpg.cda33a032e9185f95d3f218477fd8486.jpg

Outside of aircraft near the rear door..  the airstairs are the rear door

Same type of aircraft...

placardreardoor.jpeg.aae935fb90f9a0bc4e1e2ac677e41499.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

Eric keeps claiming that the FBI stated the Placard came from NORJAK..

It was the Sheriff, the FBI walked his statement back and said it could have come off any passing 727.. 

This is the problem, you are in discussion and trying to reason with a person who is not aware of the facts.

Tom Kaye suggested the diatom's likely entered the money packets when they were fanned out,,, and unlikely when the money was buried or in a solid clump.. diatoms are too fragile to work their way in.

That means the diatom's probably entered the packet when the money first entered the River and the bills fanned out,,, and based on the diatom species that means Spring, not just June.

Putting it all together. Theory.

A unique event during Spring causes a rubber banded bundle of packets (just as it was given to Cooper) to enter the Columbia River upstream of TBAR.

The bills float briefly, fanned out then sunk.

During the fanning Spring diatom's enter the money packet.

The high Spring River flow deposits the single bungle at its find location which was about six feet underwater at the time. The money spot is effectively the River bottom at the time. 

As the rubber bands holding the single bundle deteriorated the packets separated and appeared independent.

Case solved...

NO, Georger...

You are a wealth of misinformation or is that disinformation...

Tom Kaye first suggested the diatoms entered during the fanning of the bills.

I have NEVER prescribed to any plant theory, ever..

I noted that the holes in the bills resemble insect damage similar to termites or silverfish.

For somebody who claims to be scientific,, you sure get a lot of info wrong.

Why are you wrong so much?

(edited)

Ulis doesn't understand why people don't accept his money burial/retrieval theory...

1) The Western Flight Path is dead.

2) No evidence Cooper was on TBAR. Evidence supports Cooper jumping far away.

3) If Cooper somehow made it to TBAR.. why bury the money in an isolated area? why bury it next to the river when there is a vast number of better and safer places to bury it close by. Burying money risks damage, especially next to a River. 

4) It is wild speculation with no evidence and poor reasoning.

5) It sounds ridiculous that Cooper buried money in November then retrieved it in the Spring when it was underwater.

6) There are better theories.

7) There may be a scenario that hasn't even been explored. You don't know what you don't know.

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

This destroys Ulis's theory that Cooper wanted to jump close to Seattle because he wanted airstairs opened on takeoff..

Eric has the facts wrong, not me.

This FBI doc and many others clearly state the Cooper's INITIAL demand was airstairs lowered or extended in flight...  he changed the demand later when landing in Reno was negotiated.

The premise is just false.

and.. How not having luggage proves Cooper flew from Seattle to Portland is beyond me.

Cooper's initial demand was lowered inflight, this is important as it was his initial intention and it changed,, that shows he adapted his plan and jumped where he did not initially intended.

How do people expect to solve this when they have the basic facts wrong..

stairinitdemand.jpeg.f635c8a7e60531879eb47a210d102050.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)
40 minutes ago, DFS346 said:

Thanks for this clarification. Is this information from an FBI document, or from a JC Penney's catalog?

The FBI docs we have note the 1.50 price and the #3 on the label but don't make the connection.

It was in Gray's book SKYJACK, Gray had some FBI docs and we may not have the complete versions. I later confirmed the price code,, ties had #2, #3, #4, #5 etc...

1832148268_tie3.jpeg.53779c7b4e2db429130d360ac8127acc.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

Generally, I always thought a Cooper conference was good idea for participants and attendees,,

but now Eric wants to expand to add Bigfoot and flying saucers..  he must be kidding.

That would discredit the Cooper case and make it a joke..

Here's a question for Hominid and other experts on the "FBI map".

Does anyone know the significance of the handwritten letters “NC” (abeam Seattle), “NO” or “NB” (abeam Pigeon Springs, Washington), “NA” or “XA” (abeam Salem, Oregon), and “NQ” or “NO” (abeam Eugene, Oregon)?

(edited)
1 hour ago, DFS346 said:

Here's a question for Hominid and other experts on the "FBI map".

Does anyone know the significance of the handwritten letters “NC” (abeam Seattle), “NO” or “NB” (abeam Pigeon Springs, Washington), “NA” or “XA” (abeam Salem, Oregon), and “NQ” or “NO” (abeam Eugene, Oregon)?

I think it is a geo grid...  those 4 notations match the grid lines on this Sage map,,, these grids are not unique to Sage and were a few different systems.

I assume the potting data was plotted/transferred grid by grid.

and no I can't confirm the lettering.

SAGE%20AIR%20DEFENSE%20SYSTEM.3.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

(edited)
On 3/6/2021 at 9:06 AM, FLYJACK said:

This destroys Ulis's theory that Cooper wanted to jump close to Seattle because he wanted airstairs opened on takeoff..

Eric has the facts wrong, not me.

This FBI doc and many others clearly state the Cooper's INITIAL demand was airstairs lowered or extended in flight...  he changed the demand later when landing in Reno was negotiated.

The premise is just false.

and.. How not having luggage proves Cooper flew from Seattle to Portland is beyond me.

Cooper's initial demand was lowered inflight, this is important as it was his initial intention and it changed,, that shows he adapted his plan and jumped where he did not initially intended.

How do people expect to solve this when they have the basic facts wrong..

stairinitdemand.jpeg.f635c8a7e60531879eb47a210d102050.jpeg

Ouch, Eric has a real aggressive side when challenged... a bully.

The TBAR spot was well underwater from April thru June 1972... I guess Cooper was exceptionally talented in finding buried money under the sand under 6-15 ft of water. His burial/retrieval theory is not based on any evidence, it is absurd even for specualtion.

The above doc (and others) proves Eric is 100% wrong,, Cooper DID NOT INITIALLY demand airstairs down on takeoff. He claims to have studied the case for 12 years... his argument is bogus. He has built his entire narrative the same way.. Bad info, conjecture, speculation and goal seeking.

I have mentioned this for a while and Eric just won't man up and admit he is wrong...  

Quote from Ulis...

"DB Cooper initially requested that Flight 305 depart Seattle with its rear airstairs deployed. The pilots rejected this request stating that the jet could not take off in this configuration. Cooper relented and allowed the jet to depart with the airstairs in the “up” position but demanded that Flight Attendant Tina Mucklow help him deploy the airstairs immediately upon take-off.

The airstairs request coupled with the fact that Cooper didn’t board with any luggage and that he couldn’t be certain he could occupy the last row of the flight from Portland—therefore may have had to abort the skyjacking—suggests that Cooper planned to originally jump in the Seattle area—probably the exurbs of Seattle."

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

Just an objective observation...

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

...twenty bucks USD a pop...

I believe Robert is neither Canadian nor Latin American, yet he just indicated a phrase similar  to one used by some to infer that Cooper might have been foreign. Anything is possible, but sometimes such a phrase is used just for emphasis.

Edited by dudeman17