47 47
quade

DB Cooper

17 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

As far as Hahneman, if you can't get the criminal files by the FBI on him, you might be able to get the court transcripts from his trial for the hijacking he DID do. You may find your answers in there. Without a doubt, when Hahneman was still in flight with all that money and on the way to Honduras...the FBI must have wondered if he was Cooper and striking again. It would have been their first thought. You need to find out why he's not even mentioned in the Cooper files, and why the FBI never linked him to the Cooper case, even though they had his 12 years in prison to do so. This issue may have been addressed in his trial transcripts. Your answer could be right in there. Matrix or not, profile or not...the most likely answer is that the FBI showed his pictures to the witnesses and the witnesses said no. Or...the FBI was able to establish Hahneman's whereabouts on 11/24/1971...and it wasn't the Great Northwest. Probably both. 

I wrote a long detailed response but deleted it,,

I just can't give away the details here and now. There is no upside..

On KC, it is a weak case. A bunch of weak correlations and "opinions" don't add up to be convincing. I can't prove he wasn't Cooper but there are probably thousands of people that you can make some case for.

I'll repeat it,, there is no suspect on the same level as Hahneman. NONE

Somebody should put together a suspect profile/matrix.. and tick boxes.

Edited by FLYJACK

I can't find the original document....I might have mistyped the number.

My notes were (from Piece county site)

911190540  Statutory Warrantee Deed 11/19/1991
           From Edwin and Mary Smith
           Originally dated October 3, 1961 signed by the Smiths
           East half of Northeast quarter of the Northeast quarter, Section 10, Township 19 North,
           Range 5, EWM 
           Together with any and all mineral rights
           Kenny lived at 18406 Old Buckley Hwy

This is the land Kenny bought in 1961,   Document 821001 is still on the Pierce County site...that's when he sold the land for $300,000.  I attached that and the file that describes the parcel.  You might know if it's the one behind the Safeway.

It's grown up so rapidly around that area.  Kenny's old house has been torn down.  The first time I drove by there it was out in the middle of nowhere.  Hardly recognize it now.

821001.pdf 9209150606.pdf

Ulis has emerged from his lair deep inside an inactive Arizona volcano.. the one next to the Starbucks..

He claims the bomb was fake because "there is no reason for the bomb to have been real".. huh, say what..

Obviously we don't know if it was real or not, Eric's reasoning is silly and his typical use of fallacy.

The other fallacy he uses is the fact that "no evidence was found"..  so the path is wrong.. (other than the money)

That is factually incorrect, no evidence was reported found by the FBI. (the placard was not from 305)

Money or a briefcase could have been found but never reported. OR just never discovered. It wasn't all Weyerhaeuser land.

It is even possible TBAR money was originally found by somebody and then discarded..

Eric was upset the show left too much info on the cutting room floor,,, old cliche but so true. I dabbled in the TV business long ago and their agenda is entertainment for the widest audience. This case is extreme in its detail and would lose a general audience if a show got too detailed..

A show that did a deep dive into the case would lose almost everyone.. except the Cooper sleuths..

Never expect too much from these shows..

Edited by FLYJACK

Seattle FBI Special Agent in Charge Frank Montoya Jr.. claimed in the new vid they looked for cigarette butts and couldn't find them... don't know where they are.

How can the FBI not know their own docs.. 

"it was discovered that this evidence had been destroyed years earlier in Las Vegas"

cigbutssdestroyed.jpg.7c0fa0fe03d433d27178c17e8ce55b15.jpg

46 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Egg Harbor, NJ suspect is mentioned by Martin Andrade on his site. I’m behind on reading the 302s. Anyone know which release this one is in? Martin mentions Max Gunther in the same article, interesting to see Gunther still being talked about. Thanks. 

FBI file #52 page 190

FBI file #35 page 293

Edited by FLYJACK

49 minutes ago, Andrade1812 said:

Any chance we can get the fbi doc references to the palm prints? (asking for a friend... ;-) )

"palm print" search

file 10 page 34, 194

file 18 page 74

file 27 page 110

file 30 page 153

file 39 page 445

file 45 page 173, 303, 304

file 51 page 209, 355

15 hours ago, Andrade1812 said:

It is huge speculation on my part. I still like the EHS as a leading suspect... at least until the next batch of docs shows otherwise...

Seems like a good suspect given that he worked for TWA and was possibly a pilot.  But does it match with Gunther's character at all? LeClair worked in industrial chemicals and the only aviation experience he had was as a paratrooper and I guess as a hijacker.

2 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Seems like a good suspect given that he worked for TWA and was possibly a pilot.  But does it match with Gunther's character at all? LeClair worked in industrial chemicals and the only aviation experience he had was as a paratrooper and I guess as a hijacker.

The fact this suspect was referred by the LA division is really the only connection. I'm interested in him only because he *might* be connected to Elsinore.

1 hour ago, Andrade1812 said:

The fact this suspect was referred by the LA division is really the only connection. I'm interested in him only because he *might* be connected to Elsinore.

The connection being that the LA office was interested in him, and they had jurisdiction over Elsinore? Do you think the FBI will ever release the jump cards from Elsinore?

20 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

The connection being that the LA office was interested in him, and they had jurisdiction over Elsinore? Do you think the FBI will ever release the jump cards from Elsinore?

LA did the Elsinore investigation...

As for those jump cards... Not for a long time... In fact, it might take another FOIA request to get unredacted files...

28 minutes ago, Andrade1812 said:

Fly, I scanned through the latest batch super fast and saw one document related to Elsinore, can you do your magic and find any others?

“Elsinore"

file 17 p 282, 283, 295, 286, 288, 299, 300, 301, 303, 304, 306, 315

file 19 p 79, 80

file 20 p 213

file 30 p 231

file 33 p 10, 304, 305, 308, 309

file 34 p 228, 290

file 40 p 416

file 48 p 69

file 51 p 245, 246, 249

file 52 p 34. 37

13 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

'Worked in industrial chemicals' is a pretty broad category. And the Cooper tie has no chain of evidence attached to it yet. No one knows if Cooper borrowed it for the job, picked it up at a garage sale or a Goodwill, or anything. So far, the only person to put any ID on the tie at all (without knowing what it represented) was Dawn Androsko of Fox Island, WA. She ID'd the clip itself as one she was positive was worn at different times by KC. Not that this makes her testimony as fact, but at that point all she knew was that I was interviewing her for a biographical book on someone she knew. She didn't recognize the tie, though. 

You can try to link Cooper to the tie from the analysis, sure. But the problem is you can't establish that Cooper was the original owner of tie. I always thought it strange that Cooper was smart enough to avoid questions about his background, and to rid himself of some of the evidence, but didn't seem to give a darn about the tie itself, although if I were him, I would have removed the clip. Maybe it was his only mistake. 

Personally, I think there are only two possibilities with the Gunther book. Either he made the whole thing up, or he had his leg pulled by someone else. Maybe a combination of both. I have glanced at the book a long time ago, but I haven't read it. Does he provide the actual hard copies of the letters he allegedly received from Cooper?

And I would still like to know why the FBI seems to believe that Part 52 is going to be the last part released...when the investigation went on for approximately another eight years, and was fairly active during this time...with submissions...TV shows...proposed suspects, etc. 

Someone has to ask the hard questions. 

Robert. Have you actually read the book yet?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Andrade1812 said:

Gunther was quite the time traveler then, using the results from Tom Kaye's analysis on the tie to come up with a Cooper who worked in industrial chemicals.

Having read your book I bought a copy of the Gunther book - both great reads. I must re-read yours to check but was wondering if anyone has any support to indicate that Gunther's book was not just a work of fiction?

He refers to placing an add in a newspaper in around 1972 - is there a way to check that the ad was made as stated? He also references other people getting letters from 'DB Cooper', and the letter being passed to the FBI. Are these statement verifiable?