47 47
quade

DB Cooper

The Dower film is here,,

The FBI said they looked but couldn't find the cigarette butts,, their own doc says they destroyed them in Reno..

cigbutssdestroyed.jpeg.aefd779d66bac732b3f5f3c129daa277.jpeg

Here is the rear stairwell and panel from Norjak.. at Reno.

As I suspected, the placard was not from inside NORJAK..

NO OPTIONAL EMERGENCY RELEASE SYSTEM.. (pull red handle) (zoom in on enlarged image, no optional emergency door)

The "emergency" release was in the handle for the inside (push red lever)

You can see the "normal" placards on the panel door.

The hicks placard did NOT come from inside Norjak.

Hicks placard BUSTED.

NORJAKstaircontrolpanel.jpeg.169115ec34c19e45c44b68eece2f0878.jpeg

To compare, another 727-100 stair control panel door.. with the optional emergency next to it and placards on the main panel door.

727emergencyaftstairrelease.jpeg.6c91b5b85f6bd3d15b216481dd5126e1.jpeg

8 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

EDIT: One small bit of very key evidence DID emerge from the show, and most people probably didn't notice it. It was when Tina Mucklow described the bomb as specifically being 'red sticks wrapped with red electrical tape'. Why is this significant? Because Mucklow and FBI Agent Tom Manning both run a distant second and third with this description of the bomb. 

Tina said "what looked like dynamite they were strapped together with electricians tape"..

she didn't say the tape was red.

9 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

The Dower film is here,,

The FBI said they looked but couldn't find the cigarette butts,, their own doc says they destroyed them in Reno..

cigbutssdestroyed.jpeg.aefd779d66bac732b3f5f3c129daa277.jpeg

Here is the rear stairwell and panel from Norjak.. at Reno.

As I suspected, the placard was not from inside NORJAK..

NO OPTIONAL EMERGENCY RELEASE SYSTEM.. (pull red handle) (zoom in on enlarged image, no optional emergency door)

The "emergency" release was in the handle for the inside (push red lever)

You can see the "normal" placards on the panel door.

The hicks placard did NOT come from inside Norjak.

Hicks placard BUSTED.

NORJAKstaircontrolpanel.jpeg.169115ec34c19e45c44b68eece2f0878.jpeg

To compare, another 727-100 stair control panel door.. with the optional emergency next to it and placards on the main panel door.

727emergencyaftstairrelease.jpeg.6c91b5b85f6bd3d15b216481dd5126e1.jpeg

Image with contrast and brightness adjusted,,

NO OPTIONAL EMERGENCY RELEASE PANEL..

Only that optional emergency system has a pull red handle operation. The normal one uses the lever and is a push operation,, that proves the Hicks Placard did not come from inside NORJAK.

placardnorjakcontrast.jpg.9ec882f0a28bea401d954e4c5baae2a5.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK

Here is the TBAR money find spot using a 1981 map for reference... about 35-40 ft from the water along the high water line. A 10% slope means 3.5 - 4 ft above River height.. 

YOU DON"T NEED THE 72 OR 74 FLOOD TO REACH IT..

tbarstick.jpeg

Tree location pattern matches,,,  the only match.

tbarspotmatch.jpg

July81moneyspotsa.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK

19 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I still think the Decoded episode stands head and shoulders above every one that has been presented since 2011. 

Brad Meltzer is a goof and anything with his name associated with it - that tries to present itself as real and factual - has zero credibility. All of those Decoded shows were laughable, not just the one on Cooper. That's my opinion and it has nothing to do with you or Kenny C  or any other suspect that they could have chosen for that show.

For me, "The Skyjacker That Got Away" is the best doc that I've seen on Cooper. I also really enjoyed the Recca doc that was on Amazon. I certainly don't but into him as a suspect, but the doc was very well done and enjoyable.

Decoded and Case Closed were both trash.

51 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Skyjacker That Got Away was good. Of course it was...it was produced by National Geographic. The Decoded show was NOT trash. The production company was NOT being raided by the FBI, and did not lose their contract for other shows as a result. That would be DB Cooper-Case Closed. 

The Decoded cast consisted of Christine McKinley, an engineer who runs her own successful consulting business in Portland and has her own (also successful) band in the same area. Then you have Buddy Levy, a professor of English at Washington State University, and the best-selling author of multiple historical books. Lastly, there is Scott Rolle, a former State of Maryland prosecutor who also served a recent tour of duty in Afghanistan as an officer in the Army Reserve. He is now a judge in Maryland. I never met Brad Meltzer personally. From what I understand, he had not that much to do with the show, which means he had about as much to do with production as Lawrence Fishburne has to do with the production of the new mystery series he hosts. 

These people were not on History Channel for two seasons because they were dishonest, or amateurs. And all the production staff were honest professionals with excellent production values. I should know. I worked with many of them. 

You have no idea what you are talking about. As far as the Reca documentary, it's hard to call that show good when its very premise was based on an outright lie. What I mean is that the show had the absolute nerve to foist off on viewers the idea that Flight 305 made a side trip almost a hundred miles east to Cle Elum, WA before it turned south to Portland. Any show based on The Big Lie is a show that never should have aired. 

EDIT: I see I was mistaken on the Mucklow testimony for the show. You are right. She did NOT say 'red' regarding the electrical tape. However...Agent Tom Manning DOES mention red as the color in which the sticks are wrapped. And the ONLY place he could have obtained that information was Tina Mucklow, because SHE was the only one who actually saw the bomb. And so did Bernie Geestman's niece. She was certain on this point. It is too bad that whoever was interviewing Tina didn't ask her the color, because obviously she told the FBI originally it was red tape. Otherwise Manning would not have that information. 

Red Plastic Tape is mentioned in the files..

But, in 1971 red electrical tape was for pros. Black was the common generic one.

Where would red tape be used?

Red electrical tape signifies ‘low voltage, phase B’

Hahneman was an electrical engineer...

Edited by FLYJACK

21 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

The closest any of them came to that was in D.B. Cooper - Case Closed? when they tried to have Mucklow identify Robert Rackstraw as the hijacker, which she did not. In fact, she said he WASN'T Cooper. Their mistake in that one was to bet the farm on Rackstraw, and in case Mucklow fails to ID him, at least try for some of the OTHER suspects...in that way they could take credit for possibly solving the case. But they wanted Rackstraw or nothing...and that's one of the main reasons the show was a failure. 

Robert, when you say things like this, I have to believe you did not watch the History Channel program on DB Cooper.  Rackstraw was Tom Colbert's suspect. At the end of the show, the two investigators (Billy Jepsen and Tom Fuentes) said they did not believe Rackstraw was Cooper.  The rest of Colbert's team left him -- not believing Rackstraw was Cooper.  Tom Colbert was all alone advocating that.

There really is no way to watch the program and reach that conclusion.

One of the frustrations in responding to you is so many things you say are easily refutable.  If you look at the scene with Tina in the history channel, they DID show her other suspects.  You can easily pick out a photo of LD Cooper.  Can't identify the other photos, but it's pretty clear it wasn't just Rackstraw she saw photos of.

11 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Now we're getting into guesswork and mind-reading here. The official FBI line for years was red sticks, wires, and a battery. Later, we find out the sticks themselves weren't necessarily red on their own, but were wrapped in 'red plastic' or red electrical tape. REAL dynamite is usually a tan color, not red. If you aren't using REAL dynamite, then you are using something else to pass off convincingly as REAL dynamite. Road flares won't work and they are too long unless you cut them in half. Coin rolls, like road flares, have printing on them. 

If you want me to guess why red tape was probably used to cover the sticks, I would say dramatic effect, and that the sticks were NOT actual dynamite. Real dynamite only has a shelf life of about a year, because nitroglycerin either starts forming on the outside of it in crystal form, or in liquid pooling in whatever it is stored in. Either situation is extremely dangerous. 

Another consideration, beyond the fact that most dynamite is tan, and not red like the movies (a few exceptions, but it's mostly tan-colored) is because even back in 1971 you had to (generally speaking) present ID and sign for purchases unless you were a known representative from companies that did a lot of business in explosives. Plus, if you make a real bomb, you have to dispose of it, and there's always the danger you will blow yourself up just carrying it around. The bomb, in my humble opinion, was 99% a fake. 

Robert, you are making some huge assumptions here. You assume that both Tina and the hijacker both knew that dynamite was not red. Fact is, that even today if you ask 100 people what color dynamite is, most would say red. I would not, but I used to work with dynamite so I would know that it isn't red. But Tina, could probably be easily fooled with road flares, and probably was. While the things you say here about dynamite may be correct, to assume that anyone on that plane knew these things is a huge leap. My point is, road flares could have easily been used without the need to wrap them from end to end with red electrical tape.

Also, if three road flares (or anything else) were bound together by a single strip of red tape in the middle of them, that could also constitute as "being wrapped in red plastic". I would think that if the sticks were wrapped from end to end with electrical tape, that would be common knowledge.

17 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Red Plastic Tape is mentioned in the files..

But, in 1971 red electrical tape was for pros. Black was the common generic one.

Where would red tape be used?

Red electrical tape signifies ‘low voltage, phase B’

Hahneman was an electrical engineer...

This was my 100% factual comment that Georger took as a threat. He doesn't like facts.  Goerger copied and pasted it and ADDED a bunch of nonsense and LIES.. to discredit those facts.

Shutter took the bait and was trolled by Georger,,

Ironic, as I have warned Shutter about this toxic tactic by Georger to discredit others whenever he feels threatened.

The facts.. slowly for Georger.

According to a witness, Cooper's bomb was wrapped with red plastic electrical tape.

Red electrical tape was rare 50 years ago. The common one was black. 

In the electrical field red electrical tape signifies "low voltage, phase B".

Hahneman was an electrical engineer.

Bonus facts for Georger..

Hahneman worked overseas and was rarely home, when he was was home, according to his family he would take apart the TV and reassemble it.

Hahneman was a manager for IEC in Korea for a few years. They produced electrical components like electron tubes, including CATHODE RAY TUBES.

Hahneman's father has a patent for an explosive device. A rod system to place dynamite in a hole.

If your going to make a bomb or a fake one, your going to use what you have available first. 50 years ago most people would have black electrical tape kicking around or if purchasing it, black would be widely available. The fact that Cooper used red electrical tape instead of black is a legitimate point. 

Georger just lies like he always does, I never said only pros could get red electrical tape. That is nonsense. No wonder, after 10 years he still can't figure out that a packet is 100 bills... Cooper was given packets rubber banded into random sized bundles.

Edited by FLYJACK

"WRAPPED" 

Why do people have so much trouble with facts... it isn't that hard folks..

Based on all information I read "wrapped" in a bundle here as strips around the sticks of "dynamite" NOT each stick was wrapped individually...

"SHE SAID THAT THESE STICKS WERE WRAPPED IN A BUNDLE WITH WHAT APPEARED TO BE RED PLASTIC TAPE."

in the video Tina also stated "what looked like dynamite they were strapped together with electricians tape"

This is getting absurd, I posted it here and Georger still can't find it.. what a researcher..

wrappedredtape.jpeg.c7cef274ac02208dc3609008f4cbd9cc.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

On 11/23/2020 at 10:03 PM, RobertMBlevins said:

November 2013: Reporter Clyde Lewis shoots a video at the Ariel Store. One of the things presented was the Cowlitz County Sheriff's original notebook from the day of, and after, the hijacking, which is mostly full of notes on the search for Cooper. I take still shots from the video when the owner of the notebook starts showing pages for Lewis. I see pages like THIS: (added red lines are mine)

image.png.eb24434ce36da0c418c3548f2c25c04d.png

Another reference to red plastic..

Hilarious,, Georger now denies the FBI document and Tina's statement and it's all my fault.

What color was the tape? black is never mentioned anywhere,, red is the only color identified. TWICE

FBI DOC "SHE SAID THAT THESE STICKS WERE WRAPPED IN A BUNDLE WITH WHAT APPEARED TO BE RED PLASTIC TAPE."

in the video Tina also stated "what looked like dynamite they were strapped together with electricians tape"

Analogy,, If was green FrogTape, it might be a painter..

Losers.. pack it guys you are writing checks you can't cash..

Edited by FLYJACK

20 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I think they felt safe showing her LD. That story was pretty far fetched, and his picture didn't appear in national news articles as a possible suspect too much. Mainly because there were only a couple of small photos of him available. They skipped ALL the well-known suspects. The historical ones that have been around for a while. (McCoy and the Usual Suspects over at DB Cooper Wikipedia is a good example.) This was done purposely, plus they (like all the other documentaries) skipped the Big Question for Mucklow. And Bill Mitchell. 

They HAD to do it this way, Mark. Colbert's book was scheduled for release the next day at Amazon. Everyone knows that. What if they ask Mucklow the Big Question and she names someone OTHER than Rackstraw? Colbert would look like a fool for not holding off on finalizing his book before the show aired. They bet the farm on Mucklow. They lost. Colbert DID end up looking like a fool and everyone on the team ditched him. Billy Jensen was aware that we had been asked to submit everything but the kitchen sink about KC, yet he is barely mentioned on the show. LOL I bet when they saw what we sent to them, they started getting worried. Mucklow cannot be allowed to see HIM, or McCoy, or any other of the major suspects. "We can't take a chance on that...my book is hitting Amazon tomorrow..."  The whole production was a sad joke, and reminded me of the 'We're Opening Al Capone's Vault' thing that embarrassed Geraldo Rivera and damn near ruined his career. And look where Rivera is now, even thirty years later. He works for Faux News. 

And personally...I didn't like the part at the end where they insinuated that Mucklow was old, and possibly senile. Seeing her on the show premiering tomorrow, she looked fine to me. 

I don't recall anyone insinuating Tina was senile on the History Channel show.  If someone did, her appearance refuted that.  She came off very well.

And, you do know that Colbert's team left no longer believing him ON THE SHOW.   Not later.  The consensus at the end of show of EVERYONE EXCEPT Colbert was that Rackstraw was not Cooper.   The History Channel show did not advocate for Rackstraw -- which is why I express my doubts that you watched it.

Of course red electrical tape was rare in 1971.

Most people used black. It is the goto "insulation" tape for everybody.

Colored electrical tape is actually called "phase" tape..  it signifies a specific voltage and phase.

Red is low voltage, phase B... 

For Cooper to use red tape instead of black is significant.

The FBI files and notes state RED.. in two places. 

Nowhere does it say black tape.

The eight page FBI case summary dated NOV 25 1971 states..

"SHE SAID THAT THESE STICKS WERE WRAPPED IN A BUNDLE WITH WHAT APPEARED TO BE RED PLASTIC TAPE."

Quickly scanning that eight page FBI summary there were no errors.

It may have been info the FBI wanted to hold back to ID the real hijacker vs people claiming to be Cooper.

Edited by FLYJACK

I am completely undecided on whether the bomb was real or not..

The "red" color is irrelevant to rule out dynamite. I know dynamite is usually more of a tan color but I have found lots of red dynamite sticks.. There were many producers around the world.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/rcmp-explosives-large-quantity-1.4932651

Here in Canada a box of vintage RED dynamite sticks was found,, CIL 1.25" x 8"..

The writing is not significant and doesn't show if sticks turned the right way. Many sticks show no writing here..

dynamite-sticks-1.jpg.1963357fad407e0a2ad70622a21c2157.jpg

ditching-dynamite.jpg.cfc574b4b56a5a198ecebe84b223e05d.jpg

10 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

I am completely undecided on whether the bomb was real or not..

The "red" color is irrelevant to rule out dynamite. I know dynamite is usually more of a tan color but I have found lots of red dynamite sticks.. There were many producers around the world.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/rcmp-explosives-large-quantity-1.4932651

Here in Canada a box of vintage RED dynamite sticks was found,, CIL 1.25" x 8"..

The writing is not significant and doesn't show if sticks turned the right way. Many sticks show no writing here..

dynamite-sticks-1.jpg.1963357fad407e0a2ad70622a21c2157.jpg

ditching-dynamite.jpg.cfc574b4b56a5a198ecebe84b223e05d.jpg

I found that the CIL Dynamite factory was in Manitoba Canada... near Winnipeg. About 400 miles North of Minneapolis.

They made red dynamite.

The plant closed production Nov 1970,, sold off inventory but continued production at local sites close to mines.

Dynamite was barged on the Red River which does flow S to the US.. (75 miles)

Though not sure if it was only available in Canada or also available in the US.

Not sure of the process to obtain dynamite in 1971 in Canada vs US. Did you need a license or ID??

A bunch of dynamite boxes were auctioned in the US including a CIL Dynamite box..

"Most of these Industrial signs or crates were purchased in Auction lots from Long Closed factories, mills, Etc. from PA and DE area."

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/antique-wood-mining-dynamite-cil-1893932559

Blastol is the ICL trademark for dynamite..

antique-wood-mining-dynamite-cil_1_5959d20e98878a689b589e563e4ddd79.jpg.7307d375edad14f8552363f20b3614d0.jpg

CIL sold ammunition in the US... 1966 ad US Gun publication

cilammunitionsoldus.jpeg.93887567bd3018a4b4286fffd4a42bd5.jpeg

14 hours ago, The Cooper Vortex said:

Great interview guys...

I agree with most of it..

6' tall at 170-180 lbs is skinny.. early Cooper FBI release had him from 5' 9"...

I bet Cooper was about 5' 10" not 6'

I disagree vehemently on this though, Hahneman is the best matching Cooper suspect by a long shot,, it isn't even close. He is on another level.

The problem is the info and case for Hahenman being Cooper isn't public.. some info inaccurate.. whereas other's are public and vetted against Cooper.

That creates an informational bias.

I'd challenge any suspect to Hahneman in a "quality" matrix.. it is no contest.

I have run my own "matrix"..

Tina keeping the money she took from Cooper is good theory.. it is not proven.

She located upstream of TBAR 78/79.. matches the money arrival timeframe.

The only money we know of that was out of Cooper's possession was the money Tina took and handled.

There was a brief, oddly worded and timed statement planted in a local Pa newspaper March of 1972 which stated that Tina was offered money but refused.. not exactly accurate. She asked for it and took it.

That statement was placed in the paper a week before a massive military ground search. It may have been placed intentionally to front run the search if Cooper and the money were found with some money missing.

There was no legit reason to release that info publicly, she released no other info and that info was something that the FBI would hold back.

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

About Hahneman:  I wanted to do a separate post on him so you don't have to quote over all those pictures and my comments about them. The John Dower picture has nothing to do with this issue. 

I'll admit Hahneman could fit a possible profile of Cooper. There is no getting around this fact. 

The problem is that you don't have, or can't obtain, what are probably large amounts of FBI files on him related to the hijacking for which he was later convicted. The one he certainly DID do...and this hurts your case. For all we know, Hahneman could have been heavily investigated after he was caught, to see if he was Cooper. Why wouldn't they do that? It was nearly a copycat of Cooper's jump and the Cooper case was still red hot in June 1972.

Hahneman was also in Federal prison for approximately 12 years, and that would give the FBI plenty of time to see if he was also Cooper. 

Or...for some reason not known to either you or I...the FBI was able to dismiss him right away as a suspect. Without seeing what the FBI had on Hahneman both before and after his arrest, it is hard to pin the Cooper case on him. 

You have said that perhaps some things were covered up by the FBI, or maybe the State Department. Okay...maybe. 

If so, why would the FBI continue to spend so many resources and manpower to continue chasing Cooper, if they knew Hahneman was Cooper? It is much more likely that somehow they found out he was NOT...and for that reason they kept up investigating the Cooper case. The most likely reason they would conclude he wasn't is if they were able to interview witnesses who place him far from Portland, Oregon on November 24. 1971. Or...that his picture was shown to the witnesses and they dismissed him as Cooper. Hahneman pulled off his little stunt only seven months after the Cooper hijacking. The witnesses' minds would still have been fresh, and people like Flo Schaffner, who was still frightened out of her wits, would have been happy to say Hahneman was Cooper. But nobody ever did as far as we know. 

There is also the matter of the Tina Bar money. Since Hahneman was caught shortly after June 1972, this means the money found at Tina Bar would have to be exposed to the elements for almost ten years, when Tom Kaye and his team estimated the time the bills would have been outside at far less than that time frame. You have countered that with a theory that stewardess Tina Mucklow may have pocketed some of the ransom, and later...in a fit of guilt perhaps...dumped the money at Tina Bar either through an intermediary, or on her own. But Mucklow was known to be heavily religious, even proselytizing her fellow crew members occasionally, and was known to carry a Bible around. She seems an unlikely candidate for dishonesty. Plus, she and her fellow crew must have been aware that once they reached Reno, they would be heavily debriefed by FBI agents. Had they caught her with some of the ransom money, she would have been fired immediately, and then arrested. 

Putting yourself in Mucklow's place, remember something else:  Almost every hijacker who tried it for money was either identified, or later arrested. Mucklow would have to depend on the idea that Cooper would not be caught, otherwise she would have been found out rather quickly. Especially if they had caught Cooper right after he landed, like some of the other hijackers. She would have to be insane to accept money from Cooper when every cop on the West Coast would be searching for him. She would have to KNOW that he would become the only unidentified hijacker, and one of the few not caught by police eventually. Or...that he would be killed. She would have to know these things, and there is no way she could have known any of that. 

As far as Mucklow possibly disposing of the ransom money at Tina Bar, if you believe that story...she didn't need to take that risk. She could have simply tossed the bills into a fireplace.  

In order to find out whether Hahneman was Cooper, the only thing you really need are the FBI's files on him. Since Hahneman pulled off his little caper only seven months after Cooper did, and the Cooper case was unsolved, there is undoubtedly mention of Hahneman in those files as it relates to the Cooper case. You can take this almost as a 'given' that the FBI would have wondered if Hahneman and Cooper were one and the same.

Almost certainly this will go one way or another, should the files on Hahneman be obtained. Either the FBI dismissed him for cause, or...well, who knows why he was never charged in the Cooper crime? Or even WHY...(as far as I know) he is NEVER mentioned in the Cooper files? However, it is almost a certainty that Cooper WOULD be mentioned in the Hahneman files. The idea that Hahneman might be Cooper (same M.O.) must have occurred to the FBI right away. 

You keep making the same errors..

I DO have files.. I have told you this several times, it doesn't hurt my case, it helps it. You make assumptions and claims that are not true because you only have a fraction of the info.

I have lots of info that isn't public. That was my point.

Hahneman was looked at..  you assume that because he was looked at he would have been charged if he was Cooper. This is false. 

KC was investigated in 2004, you didn't look at the recent file #52. Far more in the Cooper files on Rackstraw, McCoy, KC, Peterson and others...

It will take forensics to put a suspect on the plane and I don't think any of us can achieve that..

My point is comparing all the suspects Hahneman is the top one by far.. based on the info I have. Others don't have that info so they don't see it.

Create a quality suspect profile/matrix, Hahneman is at the top. He is the best match for Cooper vs the other suspects, that alone doesn't prove he is Cooper. Hahneman ticks more boxes..

10 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

KC wasn't 'investigated' in 2004.

WRONG, read the file. KC was investigated in 2004

I pointing this out to you several times, you have ignored it and keep making false claims. What is wrong with you, if somebody said there was info on Hahneman I'd be all over it. Why are you ignoring it?

https://vault.fbi.gov/D-B-Cooper /d.b.-cooper-part-52-of-52/view

You keep using assumptions and making claims that aren't true..

I have already said I have him travelling into Seattle on Northwest Airlines.. 

I have already said they investigated him.

There is nothing from the FBI or my research that eliminates him.

I get that you and many people know little about Hahneman, but you keep repeating falsehoods that I have already addressed.

Edited by FLYJACK

The process based on what I saw was the Grimes got a $7500 assumable loan on the house that Kenny was able to take over.  Not a big risk for the mortgage company if Kenny could cover the payment, and it was only for 50% of the value of the house.  The Grimes then took a note for the rest of purchase price.  They're in second position behind the mortgage company -- so again, nothing out of the ordinary.

I wasn't able to find out the purchase price because of mortgage doesn't list the price.  But, there was excise tax paid, so it's possible to figure out if that document can be found.

But, that's going off on a tangent.  Kenny was a smart investor who was able to buy a house putting up little or no money.  He also bought some wooded land in 1961 that he sold for $300,000 in the early 90s.  That transaction alone explains the value of his estate when he died.

Let's say you still want to make the case for Kenny being Cooper.  Fine.  But, if he were, those facts seem to suggest no financial windfall and he lost all of the money on the way down.

If Bernie had simply told you "Kenny couldn't have been Cooper.  I was with him that weekend", you would have dropped this whole thing.  And, think how different the last 12 years of your life would have been.:)