47 47
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)
8 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

I finally did a thorough analysis of the money find location...

Based on pics, video and maps... statements during the find that it was found at the high tide line.

Granted it is 40 years after the find...

1979 image.. money find = red dot

tbarmoneyspot.jpg.d9ac06c8a94dfe1fef3b0ad30d01a464.jpg

After I had Id'd a spot, I measured the distance from the red dot to water's edge via Google earth and overlays = about 20 yards / 60 ft (Map is dated 9/29/79)

This article..

"A gaping pit, about 20 yards from the water's edge, showed the spot where Brian Ingram found the three packages of bill's Sunday"

"spot that obviously is sometimes under water as the river fluctuates"

20yardswater.jpeg.5708403f54ba9a09e05599a63b47ba3b.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

The takeaway from info at the time of the find is that the money was found at the current (Feb 1980) high tide line not above,,  

You don't need the 72 or 74 flood event.. that is a red herring. It could have been deposited by normal high water. Tom's diatom work indicated a spring, not the year.  Palmer's conclusion was within a year of the find.. the money was found in the top layer with "fresher" debris.

The evidence indicates money went into the River and onto TBAR in Spring time closer to the find in 1980.

FYI - since Kenny is a topic over here.....I was in Bonney Lake last weekend getting my oil changed, I thought I'd drive by Kenny's old house (the print shop).  It has been torn down -- it's just a vacant lot now.

As far as Kenny goes, the story is full of contradictions.  Robert -- if we were to hypothesize that Kenny was Cooper, did he get away with the money?  Given what we now know (he bought a house on a rural highway no bigger than a trailer for $15,000 and didn't put up any of his own money to buy it, and his entire net worth when he died is mostly explained by some wooded land he bought in 1962 and sold in 1991), if Kenny were Cooper, he didn't get away with the money.  The only real financial largess was the $5000 loan to Bernie's sister....A plausible explanation for that was it was Bernie's money in the loan.  Why would he tell his sister it was Kenny's?  Anyone who's ever loaned money to a family knows the answer to that one --you're less likely to get it back.  

I know we've been down this road many times.  We know where it leads.  :(

(edited)

Debri doesn't have to float on the top to get washed ashore. Almost anything not embedded into the bottom can get washed ashore. The money would have been suspended in the water.. enough force and it gets washed up. The highest seasonal flow for the Columbia is in Spring.

Here is part of my analysis for the TBAR spot, there is more involved from many other images and videos but this is the only spot that fits the tree pattern. The spot is very very close.

This is North of the find looking S.

Noffind.jpeg.5aaa386dfb5bf089020fe324db8c9f6f.jpeg

This is the money spot.

tbarmoneyspot.jpg.cfcfeffb76a7ec3f8f7ba31fc75997f9.jpg

This is the pattern of the trees.

tbarmonfindcopytreeline.jpg.0132a62baf0c27cc659a757374712cde.jpg

This is the only match to the tree pattern on a map, 09/29/1979.

tbar79treeline.jpg.8f2fd6649adc3f3428b2544cda15580d.jpg.

Edited by FLYJACK

I did my money find analysis completely independent of Shutter's, in fact I have never seen Shutter's analysis though I did know he thought Tom's spot was incorrect..  

I have never done a deep dive into the exact spot until the Diatom info came up.

My analysis includes many other image sources and measurements.. there is no other spot that matches that tree pattern/location. The tree next to the money spot is unique as it is the most W tree along the beach. 

The money was not in the river for very long based on diatoms, no more than several weeks.

The money was found at the high tide line based on comments and analysis at the time it was found. 

The money washed up within a year, was found in top layer with other "fresher" debri. Palmer Report.

The money did not go into the Columbia in November. Diatoms

Columbia seasonal average flow..

streamflows.gif.02cb470dc330c5ecd9ee848fc4ebcc1f.gif

Best fit for evidence,, combine the location, the diatom research and Palmer Report..

The money went into the River in Spring (closer to the find, likely 79) and was washed up onto TBAR relatively soon after in the same Spring.

Theory, the three packets were one bundle discarded into the Willamette River in Spring of 79, they tumbled along the gravel bottom (Willamette) rounding off the saturated bundle while rubber bands remained intact. The rounded off single bundle of packets gets washed up on TBAR within 2-3 weeks of entering the River. The rubber bands holding the packets in a single bundle deteriorated and broke apart releasing the three packets to lay separate but touching.

For the money to have been embedded in the R bottom, it would have had to have gone into the R in Spring, become entirely embedded almost immediately then get released in Spring. Possible I guess but not very likely. IMO, the dredge is out.

(edited)
53 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

The rounded off single bundle of packets gets washed up on TBAR within 2-3 weeks of entering the River. The rubber bands holding the packets in a single bundle deteriorated and broke apart releasing the three packets to lay separate but touching.

Interesting research.

What explains the small chards of money found at different depths?

Were these these chards broken off from the bundles of bills found by the boy?

Or were these chards from different bills not associated with said bundles?

Edited by Coopy

(edited)
1 hour ago, Coopy said:

Interesting research.

What explains the small chards of money found at different depths?

Were these these chards broken off from the bundles of bills found by the boy?

Or were these chards from different bills not associated with said bundles?

Palmer said (newspaper) they may have got buried during excavation and they weren't originally at depth.

Palmer Report..

"The upper layer consisted of six inches to eight inches of reworked beach sand and is the sand which contained the fragments and bundles of
the recovered money. This sand also contained soda pop cans and other debris, which were not severely damaged or rusted.
"

Fazio's claimed money spot periodically underwater at high water...

faziofindunderwaterfreq.jpeg.2d3bf669ac11654443f390717f976ba7.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

5 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Palmer said (newspaper) they may have got buried during excavation and they weren't originally at depth.

Palmer Report..

"The upper layer consisted of six inches to eight inches of reworked beach sand and is the sand which contained the fragments and bundles of
the recovered money. This sand also contained soda pop cans and other debris, which were not severely damaged or rusted.
"

Fazio's claimed money spot periodically underwater at high water...

faziofindunderwaterfreq.jpeg.2d3bf669ac11654443f390717f976ba7.jpeg

Here it is.. a newspaper article in the FBI files..

Palmer - there was "no conclusive evidence" that the money was in fact found three feet down, and surmised that it may have been deposited there in digging actions.

moneydeeppalmer.jpeg.ca0b417cb91171392517eee8dbe8f173.jpeg

(edited)

Here is my "TBAR MONEY FIND" spot vs Eric's.. on a 1990 map.

His spot is about 25 feet further E from the River and 40 feet North from my spot.

NO way Eric is correct, it just does not match the tree pattern and other markers, whatsoever.

My spot is close, it could be within 10 feet of the actual spot. It is near to the S side of the most Westerly tree. The key trees match the Sept 79 tree pattern and images from the 1980 money find time.

Eric's spot is on the wrong side of the tree and too far from the river.

tbarspot.jpeg.dc8a9e2b942ebca701b44d1d3f3423fc.jpeg

tbarmarkera.jpg.8a14f88b23d6fa18fef3df92ce2ea0eb.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)
3 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Here is my "TBAR MONEY FIND" spot vs Eric's.. on a 1990 map.

His spot is about 25 feet further E from the River and 40 feet North from my spot.

NO way Eric is correct, it just does not match the tree pattern and other markers, whatsoever.

My spot is close, it could be within 10 feet of the actual spot. It is near to the S side of the most Westerly tree. The key trees match the Sept 79 tree pattern and images from the 1980 money find time.

Eric's spot is on the wrong side of the tree and too far from the river.

tbarspot.jpeg.dc8a9e2b942ebca701b44d1d3f3423fc.jpeg

tbarmarkera.jpg.8a14f88b23d6fa18fef3df92ce2ea0eb.jpg

I flipped the 1990 map to make them the same orientation. 

The angle isn't exactly the same but all the marks line up.. including the trees, rock and road. 

Eric's spot, (the lower yellow pin) is clearly about 40 ft too far N and 25 ft too far E. (away from the River)

tbarfindspot1.jpg.c143ade78ebb0e7bf7dc362e6b06b1be.jpg

The same spot on a 1979 map..

tbarmoneyspot.jpg.d6c63b2209bc5cd19d8ff53e4aea194c.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

You are lying Robert..first of all. if they didn't respond how would you know the reaction? secondly, you threatened them with a law suit..what did you think would happen?  it's my understanding you sent something to the next conference as well..

Hello,
This is Robert Blevins from Adventure Books of Seattle. We have a serious concern regarding a scheduled 'DB Cooper' Conference slated to be held at your club on Saturday, November 24, 2018.

We are not objecting to the conference itself, but the person who approached you about asking the club to host this event is advertising the event mainly on this site:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

To provide some background, we are the publishers of the book 'Into The Blast - The True Story of D.B. Cooper,' which is now optioned for the first-ever full-length feature film on the famous hijacking. Production shooting is slated to begin next year, both in the Los Angeles area, as well as in Portland and Seattle.

Over at The DB Cooper Forum, this is where user 'EU' has been organizing this event. This is also the website where we took more than fifty screenshots of hateful and insult comments about our company, my wife Gayla, and me personally, that were made over the last four years. Many of this site's members, including the host Dave Brown, aka 'Shutter' supported these posts. Most of them are extremely slanderous.

This event at the Portland Yacht Club is being advertised as free to attend, and free parking included. We intend to send an anonymous representative from Adventure Books to observe the proceedings. Since we are well familiar with most of the people involved in this event, we will be watching for slanderous comments at that event aimed at either Adventure Books, our staff, or anything else related to us. The film production companies, as well as their attorneys, are supporting this effort.

If we observe anything slanderous being presented, we will immediately file suit against the Portland Yacht Club for personal damages, and for supporting the presentation of such slander. We have good reason to believe this will be a part of the program for this conference, because that website and many of its members (including some of the scheduled speakers) are doing it now. For these people to extend their outrageous behavior it to a conference you host is not a stretch. If you would like copies of some of the screenshots taken from The DB Cooper Forum and elsewhere to see the truth for yourself, feel free to ask and we will provide them to you.

Edited by mrshutter45

Robert, you need to stop making up storylines. Meyer was banned for something else and had nothing to do you or Bruce. nobody made any claims of Kenny being a "rapist" on my forum. that exists on TMN only! Bruce is responsible for Bruce, period. take it up with him.. it's not my responsibility...

"but because they were shocked at the content of Bruce's posts" That's a lie, period!

Then you lied about not knowing how to contact Eric to handle it properly or like a MAN instead of running to the teacher...that's the second time you used that excuse..you claim to solve a crime and can't figure out how to contact someone? 

How do you say it? "you let your emotions get in the way"  you never practice what you preach. been that way for years.

"you think I really care what they say" followed by a HUGE post of not caring..you don't get the attention like TMN gives you on my forum. you are old news. very old! just more false narratives from you!

People are trying to tell you enough is enough here and other places. this is a SINGLE DB Cooper forum that you turned into YOUR local gossip thread. 97% of the comments from you are off topic crap! this has been going on for over 5 years with you and does nothing but disrupt any real Cooper discussion..

It's not the problem of someone "pissing down your back" as much as it stinks around here from you constantly pissing in your own backyard! a liar always "tells it like it is" or "gives it to you straight"..guess what, an honest person needs not to remind those around them. they already know and don't need to constantly remind people!

Robert, you keep speaking for others. nobody is angry. I haven't read one of your articles in years. they are broken records. the problem is you clog up forums/threads repeating this over and over and people are finally coming forward. make 20 more articles, I don't care...I care about evidence. more is coming. 

I don't lie and everyone knows it Robert. it's you that keeps getting caught lying over the years. like a criminal repeating over and over that he didn't do it. he feels he has to convince them. that's exactly how you do it..then you try to divert by changing the focal point away from you and onto others. you pull out the victim card and start in with the "trust" values to cover as well. 

Nobody is jealous of you Robert. people don't like you for the reasons above. you are no different than any other person with a suspect. very protective and strike out the moment you are challenged. then you quickly shutdown the dialog when the heat enters your kitchen.you are very child like throwing tantrums. you are obsessed with all of this. you have been leaving since you first posted in 2010 giving long speeches as to why and then return sometimes hours after the supposed exit? you whine about every conference and tell everyone how it should be done and many times announce you will be holding one only to once again back out..

How about fixing the book you wrote. you are profiting off of lies and inaccurate information YOU admit are in the book. hows that fall into the "giving it to them straight" quote? no, it's not small issues either..

On 8/18/2020 at 12:33 PM, FLYJACK said:

I flipped the 1990 map to make them the same orientation. 

The angle isn't exactly the same but all the marks line up.. including the trees, rock and road. 

Eric's spot, (the lower yellow pin) is clearly about 40 ft too far N and 25 ft too far E. (away from the River)

tbarfindspot1.jpg.c143ade78ebb0e7bf7dc362e6b06b1be.jpg

The same spot on a 1979 map..

tbarmoneyspot.jpg.d6c63b2209bc5cd19d8ff53e4aea194c.jpg

The ROCK is in both of the 1980 Heli shots...

Eric is 100% wrong, he is on the N side of the tree and too far from the River, that makes his claim that it was underwater only twice, false. It was found on the high water line. 

rock-copy.jpg.6e82ce53a3341262d9968aa8f38bc2ca.jpg

(edited)

Shutter is wrong the rock is visible during the dig in 1980 from many photo/vids. R99, I don't know what is going on there most of the time, the bent tree is clear. Eric is out to lunch most of the time.

This isn't rocket science, this is simple stuff..

tbarmonfind-copyss.jpg.13000a4475f8d59642d094005b99d960.jpg

tbarbrian1.jpg.cc490c477ea24ead4b2ef3919af19e62.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK

EU (Eric) has the spot too far from the River..  which is why he pushing a flood event narrative. The actual spot was about 20 yards from the water in Feb 1980 on the high water line and sometimes underwater.. 

Palmer concluded it arrived within a year of the find.

For the money to come from the River all you need is (normal) high water not a flood event.

I did my money spot research without checking Tom's or Eric's spot first..

I just checked Eric's spot and he did get the spot right in the 1980 images,, exactly the same as my spot.

However, the GPS co-ords he posted don't seem to match the spot he ID'd in the 1980 photos.

Now, it is very tricky to get the exact GPS co-ords today for the 1980 environment. I am going to try to get more precise GPS co-ords.

If we get GPS within 10 feet that is good enough and probably the best that can be achieved.

Eric went to the location and took a GPS but the area has completely changed. When I put his GPS co-ords into a map, it looks off about 60 ft..

The problem is accurately converting the visual 1980 money spot location to a current GPS co-ord..  You can't be sure you are in the right spot at the location.. it is subjective and very difficult also GPS on maps can be slightly off.

I have obtained a bunch of digital maps over the years and will triangulate..

Eric and I have the same spot visually ID'd on the 1980 images. It looks like his GPS co-ord is off that spot. When I mark the spot with a GPS on maps I get a different co-ord.

(edited)

Everybody seems to agree on the spot in the 1980 images, the hard part is transferring those visuals to a GPS co-ord..

Here is a 1990 map and a USGS 7-26-1981 map on the right.

tbar1990-1981.jpeg.5781269afbc7165ecd1783cd0487d2a8.jpeg

Here is my spot, Eric's and Tom's GPS on Google Earth..  I checked and Google Earth's accuracy is about 2m....

Eric's GPS mark is about 50 ft from mine and Tom's spot is about 200 ft South of mine.

The exact spot is the bottom point on the pin.. my pin is covering a tree.

tbarspotx3.jpeg.f6d42fa8983246e4ed27e1161c30b522.jpeg

It is perfectly clear. I downloaded a 1981 USGS map, it is massive.

Edited by FLYJACK

It is an Abbott and Costello routine over there...  you guys are arguing at cross purposes..

This is all you need to know..

Eric and I ID'd the same spot on 1980 images/video.

Eric tried to get the GPS in person at TBAR. Very difficult now.

I did it by triangulating many maps and using markers and Google Earth.

Tom's co-ord is 200 ft South.

The difference is the accuracy in transferring the location to a GPS co-ord.

Checking the GPS co-ords on the map, mine is closer.. Eric is about 50 ft off. Tom 200 ft off.

The white object isn't even relevant.

Once again, clarification is required..Snowmman got the manuscript when Sheridan posted it in the mid 2000's I believe. he didn't "steal" anything. that's a lie. I also questioned him about it back in 2018 they had issue's between themselves but Snow finished the book with Peterson, that's what I heard. I had nothing to do with that book or Bruce's book. you gloss right over your own book full of error's and lies and divert again to others..you haven't a clue about Peterson or you would know things are wrong you are stating..that will also come out soon. I to know lot's of things I can't repeat right now. 

"Well, I'll be honest.
My relationship with Sheridan has gone in the toilet.
He's got an opinion about how this style of sentence should be punctuated, and I have an opinion.
We're breaking up over the difference of opinions."

Snowmman...Horrible person?

Response from 377 below

"My guess? You have benevolent motivations. I don't think you have any aspirations to make money off the Cooper story. You've done a lot of work and spent money that you will never recover helping an old man get his book published before he dies. I don't think it goes deeper than that."

The problems with Bruce and Sheridan are problems with Bruce and Sheridan...Not me or anyone else. Sheridan is very unstable with people from what I can see. he's even mad at 377. one second he hates you and the next minute you are friends.

How did I make you almost lose the movie contract..the last three years you have been thanking me, now I made you almost lose it. story change's three years later? I've never said a bad thing about Peterson, stop lying and accusing me of picking on him..I don't think I have even really discussed him to any extent. your problem lies with Snowmman and Bruce..you know Bruce but how well do you know Snowmman, zero..sounds like you missed out once again by Snowmman taking your gravy and you got butt hurt again? He's actually friends with Peterson, you know that, right? he even went after Eric in defense of Peterson.

"Somehow EU has to be made to back off. He's a real fucking asshole. Worse than Blevins. Really."

You make mountains out of molehills adding a triple dose of drama..

To clarify further. Snowmman was asked to stop posting portions of the book and the request was honored. his intentions were not negative or undermining but to get the book published as Peterson always wanted. 377 backs these intentions up 100%. nobody has the actual true story unless they know the both of them personally. you are once again adding assumption and speculation along with hatred giving a different storyline of evil...seems to be a trend here lately.

End of story!