47 47
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)
10 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Just one of the reasons why the producers on the first-ever dramatic feature film on the Cooper hijacking decided to bypass the 'experts' and come to us is shown in the video below. 

C'mon Robert, We've been over this before and when pressed, you've agreed with me. None of these other folks were "bypassed" for the movie. You know that, I know that, everyone knows that. I don't know why you insist on pushing that narrative.

Edited by ParrotheadVol

Sorry Robert, but the above is pure bullshit. The movie people came to you because you had the story they wanted to do, and apparently you owned the rights to that story. That is why they came to you. No one at the Cooper forum has that suspect with a story that they own the rights to. There was no reason for the movie people to offer anything to any of them. So, no they were not bypassed. And when you made offers to a couple of them, they declined. That doesn't sound like being bypassed.

No, I am not pissed. I don't get pissed off on anything related to DBC or these forums. This isn't my life. It's just something I'm interested in and I follow. So no, not pissed.

I just don't buy for one second that these movie folks were going to do a DBC movie, invest millions of dollars in the project, and were going to go to an internet message board for their source material. I'm not that stupid. 

I believe they came to you, and worked out a deal. Good for you. But I think in the process, you "warned" them about all of the other folks in "Cooperville". I don't think that they gave a rats ass about not being able to view links on the forum. If they were there to do real research, they would have joined and done the research. 

I believe the offer you made to Bruce was a bullshit offer. I do not believe for one second that you would have ever worked with Bruce. Making the offer was simply a way for you to say you tried. Truth is, you don't want to work with anyone in "Cooperville" any more than they want to work with you. Difference is, they are all honest about it.

I am a bit surprised though, that they didn't go to Geoff Gray instead of you (even though we all know Geoff is now involved anyway). 

(edited)

Nicky raised a point at The Cooper Forum about the Raleigh cigarettes, James Bond/Dan Cooper comic, etc.  It may or may not get some discussion over there.  I sense some of the long time posters there have already discussed many topics through the years and may be worn out on these theories.

Nicky, we may be in agreement that the Raleigh cigarettes were not his usual brand.  It makes sense to me that if he was hiding other parts of his persona, why not the cigarettes too.  Why smoke your regular brand and possibly give yourself away? So much of the hijacking seemed to have a flair about it, so why not the cigarettes too?

I had done some searching a while back on those cigarettes.  They were a popular brand, but not the most popular.  I looked at old advertisements for those, but did not see anyone famous as a spokesperson (granted it was a cursory search).

Question-did anyone famous smoke Raleighs? Did James Bond? I know Sean Connery smoked in his Bond movies, but were the cigarettes Raleighs?  Did Dan Cooper smoke cigarettes in the comic?  Were those cigarettes in any movies or books?

Flyjack this seems right up your alley.

Edited by CooperNWO305

(edited)
1 hour ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Nicky raised a point at The Cooper Forum about the Raleigh cigarettes, James Bond/Dan Cooper comic, etc.  It may or may not get some discussion over there.  I sense some of the long time posters there have already discussed many topics through the years and may be worn out on these theories.

Nicky, we may be in agreement that the Raleigh cigarettes were not his usual brand.  It makes sense to me that if he was hiding other parts of his persona, why not the cigarettes too.  Why smoke your regular brand and possibly give yourself away? So much of the hijacking seemed to have a flair about it, so why not the cigarettes too?

I had done some searching a while back on those cigarettes.  They were a popular brand, but not the most popular.  I looked at old advertisements for those, but did not see anyone famous as a spokesperson (granted it was a cursory search).

Question-did anyone famous smoke Raleighs? Did James Bond? I know Sean Connery smoked in his Bond movies, but were the cigarettes Raleighs?  Did Dan Cooper smoke cigarettes in the comic?  Were those cigarettes in any movies or books?

Flyjack this seems right up your alley.

Raleigh's were mid level, not premium. They were marketed and bought for the coupon program. Cooper's were filtered 85mm. BTW, 8 cigs were found, 7 Id'd as Raleigh and one assumed..   Were any the one Tina smoked??

The context of my research has been Hahneman.. He demanded 2000 Benson and Hedges, a premium brand..  but he had a pack of Viceroy's filtered 85mm on him.. Viceroy's were equivalent to Raleigh's, the difference was the marketing.

Prior to 1970, Viceroy smokers were mostly women,, in 1970 Viceroy changed its marketing and sponsoship toward men.

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

Of course Georger has it wrong,, big surprise,,,

Hijacker's shifted to using bombs to thwart the increasing deployment of sky marshals. 

Bombs were not necessarily political but a tactical progression.

A bomb with a deadman switch neutralized any potential sky marshal..

Cooper wasn't making a political statement, he just wanted $200,000...

Cooper saw an opportunity he thought he could pull off and went for it.

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)
17 minutes ago, dudeman17 said:

Someone at The Forum said that Cooper had a facial tic. Anyone here familiar with that? Where the information comes from, how accurate it is?

I think that came from Jo Weber,,, aka completely unreliable.

Edited by FLYJACK

Blowing up a plane was a common method for making a political statement.. that is terrorism.

Hijacking for ransom using the threat of a bomb is altogether different. 

Cooper was not making a political statement. He was after the cash..

Cooper's use of a (dead man switch) bomb was tactical to thwart potential sky marshal's or being shot by a sniper.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:40 PM, dudeman17 said:

Someone at The Forum said that Cooper had a facial tic. Anyone here familiar with that? Where the information comes from, how accurate it is?

2 hours ago, 812Shadow said:

Is that the DB Cooper Forum? Can you point me to that post?  Thank You.

Yes, the DB Cooper Forum. The 'Clues, Documents, and Evidence' thread, page 357, 5 posts down, by poster Prospector.

45 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Cooper did not have a facial tic, no matter what Prospector claims. That feature certainly would have been noticed by the witnesses. 

Thank you.  I read a few of his posts.  He's a half wit pretending to be a psychologist.  I see nothing from him that talks about the case.  As of right now his information is useless.

(edited)

Cooper was right handed,, he had his right hand in the case when he carried it to the lav. Dominant hand in the case while carrying..

Looks like this came from Tina..

THE ATTACHE CASE WHEN HE WAS MOVING TOWARDS THE LAVATORY. HE WAS CARRYING THE CASE ON ITS SIDE IN HIS LEFT HAND WITH HIS RIGHT HAND IN THE CASE."

The context is the FBI page number 2859

Edit,, I just noticed in this doc Cooper wore ankle length shoes... that isn't loafers..

s-l1600-4.jpg.38fe96211d64672e2c1520aaac5c0cbc.jpg.8b3a42638baa67cf51199f0973b19198.jpgcooperlavrighthandbomb.jpeg.37038681bee535c799fbed46242bf27c.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

Cooper was right handed..

I tested this on lots of people,, walking to a (bathroom) door with a case and a hand inside holding something. 100% used their dominant hand to hold the object inside the case. The less dominant hand supports the case. 

If Shutter doesn't use his dominant hand to hold the bomb while walking to a lav he is mistaken or an oddball and just blew up the plane..

For control while walking you want your dominant hand securing the bomb as you move. When you stop you can use your dominant hand to open the door or do whatever..

The tie clip doesn't go on left or right handed,, the side is determined by the shirt. Men's shirts button on right, women's usually on left. Cooper's tie was clipped on from right.

The other point I made before was that Cooper would have sat on the left side of the plane if he was left handed to have his dominant left hand in the case. 

He sat on the right with his right hand in the case, even if Cooper couldn't sit on the left immediately he could have sat anywhere he wanted to once the hijacking started.

You don't pick the side to sit based on your right/left handedness. You pick a side based on using your dominant hand to hold a bomb trigger with the case placed on that side.

IMO, the FBI knows if he was right or left handed but isn't disclosing it.

Edited by FLYJACK

7 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Wow...Dropzone is getting faster, and BETTER, at deleting the spammer. I had just put him on the ignore list again, and then he was gone. 

Just a reminder...if you want to know who is supporting these juvenile attacks on the DZ thread, it is someone who hangs out at Bruce Smith's Mountain News...and SUPPORTED online by Bruce Smith. Don't believe that?

Go look for yourself, folks. Then start reading the comments going UP. 

Bruce actually wrote a book on the Cooper case, and has appeared at conventions. But he has gone renegade and straight to the gutter. First, he's caught lying about the final Cooper Party ever held at the Ariel Store. Then he goes off the deep end and supports hatred and online attacks on his own website.

He's finally become a full-blown victim of the Vortex, and so desperate for comments to his blog, he will take anything...even if it destroys his own credibility. 

I have no sympathy for the guy. AT ALL. 

Robert: The spammer has nothing to do with Bruce.  Anyone interested in the case can go to any of the websites like Mountain News or the Cooper Forum.  Just because they are on those sites does not mean they support everything that goes on.

Calm down.  Bruce's credibility is doing just fine.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

The only reason I don't quote over the comments appearing on Bruce's site and do a tough article at WordPress about him...is because

22 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I should

23 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

ignore their comments

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I have to go to Springfield, OR this weekend on business. Should I stop in and try to talk to Tina Mucklow? She lives there. 

Just kidding. I never do interviews with people unless they are arranged first...and with their permission. Nice thought, though.

Good idea,,

Ask Tina what was in her coat left pocket?

-891e2ad6a0b2dea5.JPG.b3ea806054b6b6133b4aed37f2a34e31.JPG

18 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

THAT is why I screen ALL comments to my WordPress and YouTube videos. Not because some of the comments disagree with my views. Because it would soon turn into the Mountain News. People can play it straight with me, or they get ignored and their comments do not appear on my websites. 

You do not allow comments that disagree with your assertion that Kenny C was Cooper. Period. I know.

(edited)
11 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I'm going to recommend a movie if you haven't seen it:  The Big Short. Does a very good with the story of the subprime crisis. Brad Pitt is good in this one, as well as everybody else who appears. 

Here is a quote from the film, which I think (in some ways) relates to the Cooper case:

I see in the second picture that Tina is packing a purse. But if anyone tries to sell me on the idea that Tina actually pocketed some of the ransom money, they are wasting their time. Tina was not only a Jesus Saves Bible-thumper who occasionally proselytized other crew members at NWA, she's never done a dishonest thing in her life as far as anyone can determine. And trying to pocket some of the stolen money, and then have to face the FBI's questions later regarding the hijacking, would have been supremely stupid on her part. It would have ended her career, as well as possible jail time.

I will assume this is what you meant when you asked me to look at her pocket. You have (maybe) a slight bulge, a glitch in the picture, a handkerchief...who the heck knows? But you don't have an X-ray machine to take a look.  

People do crazy things... never assume you know what somebody would do or not do, she did ask for some ransom money and handled it. Tina handled the only known money to be separated from the ransom,,, until TBAR.

I am sure she has a good explanation for the bulge in her coat pocket that looks like packets of money.

Edited by FLYJACK