47 47
quade

DB Cooper

11 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Not to pooh-pooh this line of thought, but it really doesn't matter if Cooper asked for two, four, or sixteen chutes. What matters is what happened to the one he actually jumped with?

Where is it now? 

Personally, I think it's sitting somewhere at the FBI building in downtown Seattle. 

If that's the case, then what does it mean? Does it point to a specific suspect?

7 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

You bet I do. I came to this conclusion by the articles, the statements by the FBI in the media about the whole incident, my contact with two agents in the Seattle office about it, and the ridiculous 'assessment' by the only outside person allowed to view the chute...Earl Cossey. 

I have to go to work now, but I will get back on this later. 

Please don't. You've repeated your spill on the Amboy chute over and over. It's all here on these pages, multiple times, for anyone who is interested to see. Plus, I'm sure there are a gazillion wordpress articles also.

Edited by ParrotheadVol

I did not spend a lot of time looking into this parachute, but as I recall, for some reason I did not think it was Cooper's, maybe due to the location where it was found, or something to do with the cords being more like a supply chute vs a personnel chute.

Regardless, the FBI held back info on the black clip on tie for 30 years, so for them to not disclose info about a parachute would make sense, and it is their prerogative to do so.  As for the tie, if a picture of that tie and tie clip had been given out in 1971, then maybe someone would have identified Cooper.  However, in order to rule out impostors, the FBI would have held back some info from the public.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:21 PM, RobertMBlevins said:

The difference between you and me is that I am far less gullible than YOU are. If this were not true, I would not have gotten as far as I have in this case already.

Robert, there are plenty of words that can be used to describe me, some good and some not so good. "Gullible" is not one of those words.

As for how far you have gotten in this case already, that's only true if Kenny is Cooper. If he's not, then sir, you are certainly not the one to be calling other people gullible. 

8 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Do you think it is coincidence that the chute was discovered in April 2008, and that Larry Carr went public asking for help on the case with a YouTube video in January 2009? Seems funny they would still care THAT much about solving the case if they had said for the previous thirty years they thought Cooper was dead. 

Could be.  Could also be that Larry Carr was just really interested in the case.  

Let's say the chute was Cooper's, what info could the FBI glean from it?

7 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

My take-aways on the latest set of files:

• The FBI obviously has some prints they believe belong to Cooper. They sure make a lot of fingerprint requests, when possible, when another suspect comes to light. They also mention they have prints from the hijacking to compare them to. 

Late Edit:  Noticed that Georger, aka Jerry Warner over at the Cooper Forum is once again copying over Flyjack's posts from Dropzone and commenting on them over there.

Usually not very nicely, either. 

It seems the fingerprints are a Hail Mary... they have unidentified prints but are unsure if they are Cooper's, some agents have said he didn't leave any prints. Who knows??

FBI file #45

HIJACKER HAS MANAGED TO AVOID ARREST TO THIS TIME. BECAUSE OF LACK OF HIS FINGERPRINTS AT TIME OF THE HIJACKING IS ESSENTIAL TO APPREHEND HIJACKER WITH MONEY RETRIVED AS A RESULT OF ACTS OF AIR PIRACY. 

Georger has been wrong for over a decade, he gets the case facts wrong often, even makes up evidence. Instead of admitting it he uses ridicule to maintain his denial. He has ridiculed, smeared or lied about almost everyone... 

Edited by FLYJACK

4 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

For example, I saw that your buddy Bruce Smith, the guy you worship as King of Cooperland, had some concerns about Ariel Store owner Bryan Woodruff.My response: 

More made up bullshit from you. When have I ever done or said anything to warrant that comment, that I "worship" Bruce Smith?

For the record, there is only one that I "worship". His name is Jesus Christ, perhaps you've heard of him.

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

It's not made up. I worked with the guy personally for months, donated more than two thousand bucks to him in food, auction items, and cash, got him in several papers as well as getting his store on the Travel Channel...and he turned on me and practically everyone else involved in all that for no good reason. 

Once he got what he wanted. 

You don't need to sell me on religion. The nuns did that while I was in school. ^_^

Problem here is, some people in Cooperland like to deny the truth and deal in unreality instead of facing the issues head on. They don't need religion. They just need to stop lying to themselves, and extract themselves from denial. Sometimes I start to think I'm the only person in Cooperland who actually gives it to people straight. 

I wasn't talking about you and Bryan when I said it was made up. I was referring to my being gullible simply because I am a member of the Cooper forum, and my supposed worship of Bruce Smith.

What is between you and Bryan, is between you and Bryan. I have no opinion on it.

2 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Hmm. Okay. I will accept the idea that you aren't gullible if you can answer the following question correctly. And yes, there is a definite YES or NO answer:

Question: Do you believe the FBI, ATC, military SAGE radar, and the chase planes were all wrong....and that Flight 305 actually flew over Tina Bar? 

If your answer is yes, you are gullible. If no, you are not. ^_^

I don't owe you an answer to that question. But the honest answer is that I don't have enough knowledge of any of that to give an answer. I wish that 305 flew over Tena Bar, it would make things much easier. But at this point, I can't say that I believe that happened.

Spent 14 years of my life working for Comcast until I was fired for doing something my supervisor told me to do. I hated all 14 years I was there. Once I was fired, I found something much better and wondered why I spent so much time working for that shit company. Actually, between the job I have now and Comcast, I took a job as a janitor at a government facility in Oak Ridge TN (where the atomic bomb was developed). That was still better than working at Comcast and it paid more - you are not the only one in Coopertown that has scrubbed toilets.

14 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

I don't owe you an answer to that question. But the honest answer is that I don't have enough knowledge of any of that to give an answer. I wish that 305 flew over Tena Bar, it would make things much easier. But at this point, I can't say that I believe that happened.

Spent 14 years of my life working for Comcast until I was fired for doing something my supervisor told me to do. I hated all 14 years I was there. Once I was fired, I found something much better and wondered why I spent so much time working for that shit company. Actually, between the job I have now and Comcast, I took a job as a janitor at a government facility in Oak Ridge TN (where the atomic bomb was developed). That was still better than working at Comcast and it paid more - you are not the only one in Coopertown that has scrubbed toilets.

Nothing wrong with hard work.  A lot of history at Oak Ridge.  I despise Comcast and Verizon and any of those companies.  Legal monopolies as far as I'm concerned.  It's 2020 and I see minimal improvement in their tech or their customer service.  I was hoping Google Fiber would be more prevalent now.

A lot of people would have to be wrong for the flight path to be over Tena Bar.  However, I do know that some people are really hooked on their own theories, and it gives them energy and keeps them involved in the case.

In 1991 Calame and Rhodes mentioned Cooper's tie.. trying to link it to McCoy.

"The most compelling evidence, said Rhodes, a former federal probation officer, is that McCoy's mother-in-law identified objects Cooper left on the plane as McCoy's. The items were a mother-of-pearl tie clasp and a clip-on tie."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/20785219/some_suspect_richard_mccoy_of_being/

2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

In 1991 Calame and Rhodes mentioned Cooper's tie.. trying to link it to McCoy.

"The most compelling evidence, said Rhodes, a former federal probation officer, is that McCoy's mother-in-law identified objects Cooper left on the plane as McCoy's. The items were a mother-of-pearl tie clasp and a clip-on tie."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/20785219/some_suspect_richard_mccoy_of_being/

Thanks Flyjack.  Ok, that saved me some time.  Page 35 in their book talks about it.  It looks like the book came out October 1, 1991. The FBI held onto that piece of info for 20 years. 

A6085F74-048E-493E-8AB1-1A9CD0C9B740.jpeg

Edited by CooperNWO305

Witness recall for specific tie clasp belonging to another well after the incident is really sketchy...  I can't even recall my own tie clasps or ties..

I give it evidentiary weight of 0.0000000001 

Show them a pic and they say yeah thats it... has no weight. 

Edited by FLYJACK

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Here is my question: These guys claim the ex-mother in law ID'd the clasp as Cooper's. Okay, fine. Then why wasn't the mother in law interviewed by the media about this? It would be an easy matter to find out who she was, and find her. And...if this story is true, why didn't the Feds go to McCoy in prison and offer him a deal for a confession to the Cooper crime, rather than continuing to spend time, money, and agent manpower hunting down all those other suspects?

That's a fairly 'hot' lead if you ask me. And not that it matters, but McCoy's alleged mom in law (ex) isn't the ONLY person who has put that tie clasp to a person. Back in late 2009, I did a cold-call interview with the lady in the picture below. Her name is Dawn Androsko. She is *alleged* accomplice Bernie Geestman's sister and lived on Fox Island, Washington. I will quote over a portion of her interview, which was witnessed by her grandson, Jonathan McCauley:

dawnjsalon.jpg.6e656d9a52911f2403e7e7433154b95e.jpg

(Later in the interview, she testified that Kenny owned a toupee, but only wore it very occasionally, and just socially, not at work. This toupee story was also verified by both KC's friend Helen Jones, as well as Bernie Geestman's ex-wife Margaret.)

Now people can take all this with a grain of salt if they wish, but notice I don't hold back on sources if I think revealing those sources is important. These are real people I interviewed for their testimony, using real names. In the book itself, I disguised some of the names because it was an ongoing investigation, but when we released the final report on KC, I gave everyone's real names. However, when Bernie Geestman (her brother) went on Decoded, they used his real name. 

I’ll summarize my opinion of McCoy being Cooper: It’s a joke. Case closed. 

1 hour ago, CooperNWO305 said:

I’ll summarize my opinion of McCoy being Cooper: It’s a joke. Case closed. 

It is interesting,, why would Calame and Rhodes write that book and push the McCoy narrative, they aren't dumb and had inside knowledge...

I can't help but think they knew Cooper wasn't McCoy but were acting with ulterior motives.

10 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I never asked her anything about the hijacking or the clip. I asked her if the picture meant anything to her....she volunteered the rest. Big difference. Doing what you suggest would be called 'leading the witness'. I tried hard not to lead witnesses in my interviews, or even say the truth on why I was asking about Kenny, at least at first. You get better, and more honest results that way. If what she says is true, she probably saw Kenny wearing that tie clasp dozens of times, which could be why she remembered it. 

Really, she remembers KC'c exact tie clip 40 years later.. I own several and can't remember them after a few years..

Maybe she recalls a tie clip, witness recall is the least reliable evidence..

If you are there to talk about KC and present a pic of the tie and clasp it isn't a leap for a "witness" to assume it is significant. People are very unreliable, they make mistakes and lie all the time. 

28 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

A blanket write-off of all people as witnesses because they can be unreliable isn't really supporting your case. If that were true, court proceedings would never call witnesses in the first place. 

You interview people. You try to do it fairly, take notes and pictures, judge their responses. Calculate the results. It's all you can do. You keep forgetting I didn't ask her to identify anything. I just pushed the picture over to her and asked her if it meant anything to her. That's about as fair as you can get. Her response, and the comments that followed, are just a record of what she said. I took basically the same approach with everyone I interviewed in the case, all over the Northwest. 

Some of these interview techniques were taught to me by Skipp Porteous. 

My "case" is fine in this context..  IMO, This is so weak it has no value, that is my point. Some evidence is stronger than other evidence, recall is considered the weakest, let alone 40 year old recall.

If I was a juror, you went to this woman to talk about KC being Cooper and you pushed a pic of a tie/clasp to her and asked "if the picture meant anything".. she said yes 40 years ago KC wore that clasp..  As a rational evaluation, I'd say BS.. She may remember a tie clasp, maybe she just told you what she thought you wanted to hear but no way she could ID it.

It just is not believable. A prosecutor using a witness with an unbelievable claim discredits their case.

Look at the case for Reca, it is based on 100% personal "recall". Just because people make a claim doesn't make it true.

39 minutes ago, Andrade1812 said:

Kaye also found a pin hole where a tie pin had been placed for years prior to the hijacking... funny how no one remembers that...

I found a vintage Penny's ad with the Towncraft Snapper Tie $1.50 (#3) and assorted Cuff Link, Tie Bar and Tie Tack sets... $5.00

pennysad3.jpeg.e9a3baeaec9a65e636f6a9babf77cf3d.jpeg

pennysad2.jpeg.dbe886ce3fa5c14f3739dec274257463.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK