47 47
quade

DB Cooper

5 hours ago, haggarknew said:

I thought there was a pic of Sheridan P. from 1972 posted online somewhere?  I may be mistaken.

Sheridan Peterson photo 1966. Cooper was roundly described as swarthy/latin/Mexican/Native Indian in appearance and complexion. Hair was normal, parted on left combed back, also curly/wavy/marcelled.

Suspects run the spectrum from ridiculous to interesting to potential, though Peterson isn't the very worst fit for Cooper, he is well down the list at the weak end. Other than his impressive skydiving skills there is no case..

Eric is good at selling/promoting his Sheridan narrative but take a serious look beyond the curtain of hype and there is nothing there. It is just a woven narrative of innuendo, speculation and distortions of the evidence. Classic goal seeking.

sp1966.jpeg.9f5fdf495b46722a1723ebe77f88d60e.jpeg

The best sketch of Cooper..

7ZYKY3BARTJMANXQMK4SAA5BHY.jpg.22d2612318e57d4ee40e69a6aa06881b.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK

This is getting silly..

Now people are claiming the Palmer report is wrong because TBAR would have eroded.. well good reasoning if you don't know the facts. TBAR erosion isn't linear.

TBAR and the Fazio property is mile marker 97.1..

In 1976/77 200,000 cu/yds was deposited at mile 97.3 just upstream of TBAR. It was an erosion mitigation project. 

Dumping 200,00 cu/yds on the shore just upstream of TBAR would have added sediment to TBAR... 

In fact, this is one of my top TBAR theories, that the money may have come from this operation, worked loose and landed on TBAR. 

Claiming erosion is a linear constant is a false premise.

dredgespoils.jpeg.4c74a9921f279c891e07f0d5f2988f53.jpeg

sauviebeachnourishment1.jpg.e2122e6afd89b89410c021d3bd5b83a8.jpg

16 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I like to remind people from time to time that Gary Ridgway, aka The Green River Killer, was being hunted for, and guessed about, for years in the SeaTac/Des Moines, WA area. His sketch, provided by a couple of witnesses...was plastered everywhere you could imagine around here. Even on the doors of stores, such as they sometimes do with missing dogs or cats. 

He also lived IN Des Moines. No one recognized him from the sketch...not even the guys at the Green River Task Force office who pulled in Ridgway and asked him for a DNA sample (his sketch and wanted poster were right THERE on their office walls), or the SeaTac Airport cops who stopped him once for suspicious behavior. Or his co-workers at Kenworth truck painting. Or anyone in the cities of SeaTac or Des Moines. 

Not even me...who also saw him in the checkout line at the Seven Eleven where I lived. He lived just up the street in a cul de sac neighborhood. I only recognized him when they caught him later and I saw his picture in the paper. 

Just saying...sketches are what they are. 

You can't compare the NORJAK witness environment to Ridgway..

That final Cooper sketch is closest, not exact but close.

Edited by FLYJACK

On 11/19/2019 at 6:04 PM, Andrade1812 said:

I don't how many skydivers are still on this thread, but I'm looking for help: I would like to talk to any old-timers who were skydivers in the late 60s and early 70s who were jumping in Los Angeles. Specifically, anyone who was at the Elsinore Paracenter in the summer of 1971. 

Any referrals would be most welcome, PM me or contact me at marty.andrade at gmail 

I live in Lake Elsinore Marty. Lyle Cameron who was running the paracenter at the time was the guy who told the fbi this when they came to the DZ shortly after norjack. Lyle passed away in a plane crash in Honduras in 93. I talked to his son Lyle Cameron Jr. I read him the fbi 302 and he said he heard the exact same report verbatim not directly from his dad but one of his dads skydiving buddies (couldn’t recall names thinks maybe Jerry Tyson) matching description, smoking Raleigh’s, Cochran boots, asking questions on how to jump out of a Jet. I asked if he made a jump he said no just came asked questions and left. He also added that the jumpers described him as being geeky looking same terminology Mitchell used for describing cooper. I asked Cameron jr if any of those guys there that day might still be alive he said most likely there all dead. Another interesting tidbit, Mark Metzler said at the conference that Elsinore was a known recruiting hub for the CIA. One of the last two people jack ruby called before he killed Oswald was Lyle Cameron Sr. It’s in the fbi files. I brought this up with his son and he also knew about this and has also been puzzled...to quote him “what was ruby doing calling my old man.” He believes his dad worked for the government and was killed by them. My guess is cooper wasn’t a sports jumper and wasn’t a regular jumper in the military, most likely a fighter pilot who had one emergency jump or something so he was sent or advised to go to lake elsinore and talk to Lyle (pioneer of the sport, started skydiving magazine) to do some homework for norjack. That could explain why Tina saw cooper look at the packing cards. That’s something a sports jumper would tell him to look for and where there located. This Elsinore incident is too big of a coincident to me, a guy matching description smoking Raleigh’s and asking about jumping out of jets 3 months prior, it has to be related. I believe this incident and the incident a week before norjack where there was a report of flares being dropped from a low flying plane in cottage grove Oregon to the Eugene are both directly related to the case. 

Edited by Nicholas Broughton
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nicholas Broughton said:

I live in Lake Elsinore Marty. Lyle Cameron who was running the paracenter at the time was the guy who told the fbi this when they came to the DZ shortly after norjack. Lyle passed away in a plane crash in Honduras in 93. I talked to his son Lyle Cameron Jr. I read him the fbi 302 and he said he heard the exact same report verbatim not directly from his dad but one of his dads skydiving buddies (couldn’t recall names thinks maybe Jerry Tyson) matching description, smoking Raleigh’s, Cochran boots, asking questions on how to jump out of a Jet. I asked if he made a jump he said no just came asked questions and left. He also added that the jumpers described him as being geeky looking same terminology Mitchell used for describing cooper. I asked Cameron jr if any of those guys there that day might still be alive he said most likely there all dead. Another interesting tidbit, Mark Metzler said at the conference that Elsinore was a known recruiting hub for the CIA. One of the last two people jack ruby called before he killed Oswald was Lyle Cameron Sr. It’s in the fbi files. I brought this up with his son and he also knew about this and has also been puzzled...to quote him “what was ruby doing calling my old man.” He believes his dad worked for the government and was killed by them. My guess is cooper wasn’t a sports jumper and wasn’t a regular jumper in the military, most likely a fighter pilot who had one emergency jump or something so he was sent or advised to go to lake elsinore and talk to Lyle (pioneer of the sport, started skydiving magazine) to do some homework for norjack. That could explain why Tina saw cooper look at the packing cards. That’s something a sports jumper would tell him to look for and where there located. This Elsinore incident is too big of a coincident to me, a guy matching description smoking Raleigh’s and asking about jumping out of jets 3 months prior, it has to be related. I believe this incident and the incident a week before norjack where there was a report of flares being dropped from a low flying plane in cottage grove Oregon to the Eugene are both directly related to the case. 

Nicholas-is there still a jump center there? Do they have records from 1971?

7 hours ago, BParker said:

Nicholas-is there still a jump center there? Do they have records from 1971?

The DZ is still there, I didn’t think the log books would help after I learned the guy didn’t jump but it just occurred to me that if the log books are still around I could check the names of everybody who jumped on that day and interview them. I’m going to find out if there are log books still around from 71.

3 hours ago, Nicholas Broughton said:

The DZ is still there, I didn’t think the log books would help after I learned the guy didn’t jump but it just occurred to me that if the log books are still around I could check the names of everybody who jumped on that day and interview them. I’m going to find out if there are log books still around from 71.

This case is very stale.  Something like that could really make a difference.  Good luck.

On 12/4/2019 at 2:15 PM, Nicholas Broughton said:

There have been many management/ownership changes since those days, and all the facilities/buildings are different, I wouldn't expect them to have records that far back. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Edited by dudeman17

On 12/5/2019 at 1:32 PM, dudeman17 said:

There have been many management/ownership changes since those days, and all the facilities/buildings are different, I wouldn't expect them to have records that far back. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I called they don’t and I figured as much. My hope is that one of the old timers has them, I’m asking around the community. 

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

Found something new,,, for me.

Cooper took the matchbook cover but also wrote notes on it.

matchbookreturn.jpeg.b6dd827c84ba723d4f617c792d6e9b0c.jpeg

Cary Grant in "North by Northwest" wrote notes on a matchbook to his blonde accomplice.  Add that to the list of an unusual number of connections to that movie.

https://dbcooperhijack.com/2019/01/04/d-b-cooper-cary-grant-and-the-1959-film-north-by-northwest/

Flyjack, do you have a release number on the set of documents on the Tina Mucklow-Tacoma comment?   Tied to The Vault or to the Last Master Outlaw FOI docs? Thanks.

Edited by CooperNWO305
added link

53 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Cary Grant in "North by Northwest" wrote notes on a matchbook to his blonde accomplice.  Add that to the list of an unusual number of connections to that movie.

Flyjack, do you have a release number on the set of documents on the Tina Mucklow-Tacoma comment?   Tied to The Vault or to the Last Master Outlaw FOI docs? Thanks.

The specific "Tacoma" quote from Tina is in the Geoffrey Gray files..

The FBI Foia docs have a vague summary. p 11381

coopersummary.jpeg.cdd6ab1c1e3a57ee6678b001a3042bcf.jpeg.9b76f7814f625143ea182cc2ee918402.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

On 6/25/2019 at 7:11 AM, FLYJACK said:

Found something interesting…

The FBI files show that Cooper used two matchbooks.. One his and one supplied by Tina. Tosaw’s book distinguishes further. According to Tina the matchbook Cooper had said “Earn a High School Diploma” and Tina went to grab company matches from a cabinet.. Cooper recovered and took the first empty matchbook. Sky Chef supplied catering for flights..

That “suggests” the Sky Chef matches did not come from Cooper at all but were grabbed by Tina on the plane.

I found these vintage matchbooks,,  from ICS in Scranton PA.

s-l1600.jpg.96faa55ce67280179c57997a399a6d36.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg.e66e5819a719309c03593757bd0ef36b.jpg

Also from Tosaw’s book.. 

Cooper had 2 drinks.

Money in packets of $2000 strapped in PAPER BANDS and some had additional rubber bands, corroborates Tina, H and Bank letter to FBI..

Cooper offered 2 packets of money to stews, other than Tina.

Cooper demanded flaps down but flight ops was calculating range and they went back and asked Cooper, he then said 15 degrees. 

Soderlind suggested SF or LA, and a second stop in Yuma.. and “Cooper was advised that it wasn’t necessary for the plane to stop anywhere in the US, but in any event he did not want to stop at either SF or LA because those cities were too big.” Reno was suggested by Soderlind and Cooper agreed.

Cooper used TWO matchbooks..

When Tosaw is being accused of lying,, consider the credibility of the source.

A source which has smeared, ridiculed, distorted and lied at some time about virtually everyone related to the Cooper case...

I posted Tosaw's claims, not mine.

Most of those claims are corroborated by other sources, however no book or person is error free.