47 47
quade

DB Cooper

5 hours ago, The Cooper Vortex said:

I too was offered the job, then had it taken away from me.

No shock on that. He once held his members of his forum hostage. Then demanded personal information from another because he thought he was working with me...imagine an owner of a public forum pulling those dirty tricks...

Edited by mrshutter45

Robert. You live outside of reality. I simply research an old case. I have no intentions of anything else. You are so obsessed that even with family you come Here whining.

Eric has showed you up so much it drives you up a wall. Then your plans of KC having a spot in Ariel put you over the edge further. You thought you could bribe your way back in just like treating darren like crap for simply getting involved in a event you don't agree with. 

Talk is all you do...lots of it...

Lol camping trips with a handful of people is much better with the public vs Coopercon..what's next a Cooper car wash lol.

You think you are the answer to everything. Bryan doesn't. 

I don't understand why you can't just move on and do your own thing without trying to get us involved. You keep saying you don't need us but keep begging. Did you change the deadline again lol. 

"probably a catholic with Mexican or Indian blood"

"not an experienced skydiver and probably received his jump training in the military"

"UNSUB was familiar with the Seattle area, as indicated by his comments concerning the plane's location as it flew over Tacoma, Washington."

coopersummary.jpeg.cdd6ab1c1e3a57ee6678b001a3042bcf.jpeg

This FBI doc confirms my previous posts... 

Cooper offered the tip from his pocket after the ransom was on board, change from his drink hours earlier.

He offered the change from a $20 to ALL the stews... after he offered ransom money to Tina and she claimed to have refused it citing the no gratuity policy...

Let's get this, Tina returned the ransom money she asked for telling Cooper of the no gratuity policy. Cooper later offered a gratuity from his pocket change to all the stews. It has also been reported that Cooper also offered ransom money to the other stews just before they left but they refused.

This makes no sense. Cooper offers all three stews pocket change after receiving the $200,000 ransom and being told of a no gratuity policy. 

Somebody is lying.. either.

All the stews. Unlikely all three can maintain a lie..

Tina. Likely. She may have kept some and discarded it when she resided just upstream of TBAR in the late 70's. After the money was found she went into hiding...

The FBI. Possible, they are obfuscating to withhold evidence that only Cooper knew.

Cooper was such a gentleman....  nonsense.

stewtipx.jpeg.8d16be381d566cc5ce21059d61fc6d4f.jpeg

Mrshutter45 and RobertMblevins.....you guys have continued this pissing contest in this forum like no forum I have ever been a part of and I've participated in a number of them from Old school skydiving to many motorcycle forums. I have been a member here for about 6 days and I'm done with this forum!! Congratulations to both of you (plus whoever else participates in this forum). Amazing!! 

1 hour ago, dirtwiz said:

Mrshutter45 and RobertMblevins.....you guys have continued this pissing contest in this forum like no forum I have ever been a part of and I've participated in a number of them from Old school skydiving to many motorcycle forums. I have been a member here for about 6 days and I'm done with this forum!! Congratulations to both of you (plus whoever else participates in this forum). Amazing!! 

What's particularly frustrating is this case now has thousands of released FBI documents that should be the primary topic of discussion here.

Money found in top 6-8 inches sand layer which also contained "fresh" debri. Lower layer contained old/rusted debri. 

That indicates the money was deposited recently.. consistent with being discarded by somebody into the Columbia in the late 70's..

"The upper layer con-sisted of six inches to eight inches of reworked beach sand and is the sand which contained the fragments and bundles of the recovered money. This sand also contained soda pop cans and other debris, which were not severely damaged or rusted. The post dredging sand contained older soda pop cans, rusted nails and spikes, and other rusted artifacts, which were in a much more deteriorated condition."

Edited by FLYJACK

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

Parachute not Cooper's..

parnotcooper.jpeg

It probably isn't, however, the FBI never looked at it or investigated this further. Another documemt says it was white and orange, a common color for a C9 parachute. 

The FBI information about the parachute has to be wrong in some regard as there wouldn't be a 28 foot parachute in an NB6 and a 28 foot parachute in a NB8 would be a C9 which weren't white.

45 minutes ago, Andrade1812 said:

It probably isn't, however, the FBI never looked at it or investigated this further. Another documemt says it was white and orange, a common color for a C9 parachute. 

The FBI information about the parachute has to be wrong in some regard as there wouldn't be a 28 foot parachute in an NB6 and a 28 foot parachute in a NB8 would be a C9 which weren't white.

Yes, the details for the chute Cooper took are "fuzzy" but the found one had a tag "US Air Force" and appeared to be a drag chute.

42 minutes ago, Andrade1812 said:

R99 said the same thing, the USAF tag rules it out. Felt nice while it lasted...

First thing I do is OCR any new FBI file, there is now far too much info to keep track of..

Stick them all in one folder and easily search for relevant info..

On 11/29/2019 at 4:18 PM, dirtwiz said:

Mute Robert Blevins and you will have a much more enjoyable experience on here.  He has a good post here and there, but it is too hard to sift through the rest.  

• Like 1

Eric Ulis wrote..

"Finally, we now know that Palmer's identified "clay layer" was not the 1974 dredge. Rather, it is a natural layer that runs the length of the beach. In other words, the money did not arrive after 1974. In fact, the money arrived almost immediately after the skyjacking and rotted away--rubber bands in tact--for 8 years."

The Palmer report says the opposite, this is complete nonsense, it is absolutely clear in the report. Why is Eric using the Palmer report to make a counterfactual claim?

The money was found in the top layer which contained "fresh" debri... it wasn't there for eight years.

"he (Palmer) still felt the money was not at the site for more than a year. At the height found, the money was definitely de-posited more than four years after the dredging of the Columbia River in 1974. He also added that he felt certain that the money did not work its way up through the post dredging sand to the upper layer."

"These layers consisted of an upper sand layer, a post dredging sand layer, a clay lump (dredge) sand layer, and below that an older sand layer. The upper layer con-sisted of six inches to eight inches of reworked beach sand and is the sand which contained the fragments and bundles of the recovered money. This sand also contained soda pop cans and other debris, which were not severely damaged or rusted. The post dredging sand contained older soda pop cans, rusted nails and spikes, and other rusted artifacts, which were in a much more deteriorated condition. The clay lump (dredge) sand was a mix-ture of course sand and fragments of organic clay material, ranging from one inch to five inches in size. Based on u.s. Corps of Engineering records which reflect that they dredged the Columbia River at this site in 1974"

"during his work at the site and areas surrounding the site, that the clay lump (dredged) sand ranging from a depth of approximately four feet, 25 yards from the money site, to only two feet where the money was found."

Edited by FLYJACK

14 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Brother, I would mute half the people who post here if I could. Maybe even yours truly. When I propose positive efforts in the real world concerning Cooper, here come the snide comments by a small group of the same people. When I point out occasional concerns regarding certain folks with obvious personal agendas...same thing. When I try to actually DO something positive in the REAL world concerning people or places associated with the case, and the public's involvement in those things...same crap happens or a small group goes behind my back to stop it all...even if it hurts others. I don't have time for this crap. Really I don't.

When people contact me privately with questions, (about a dozen times a week on average) I often go into great detail and try to fill in their blanks with everything I can provide. If they do it at Dropzone, it is a completely different story. Face it...I am not going away...although going away from Dropzone has a great appeal to me sometimes. It's even been advised by people I am working with now that I am wasting my time here because issues become a personal battle. When it becomes personal, no one wins. 

Reality check:  It's been almost fifty years since Cooper. The public scene on Cooper has expanded quite a bit since that time. Conventions, forty years of parties at Ariel, documentaries galore, some with scandal involved, and most likely a movie coming. Other stuff. 

I told the producers today that I would address issues at Dropzone to a certain extent, but I am going to ignore anything that has the slightest whiff of personal to it. Otherwise, you can find out exactly how my work relates to the Cooper case in the following places shown below, or you can contact me by email. I am FAR too busy these days to go on and on with snide personal stuff that is useless and counterproductive, and those posts will be ignored. I have also decided, in order to set an example for others, that I will no longer address issues in a personal manner as well. And if I do, this will not be done at Dropzone. See below. 

For anything else, these are the sources:

The Illustrated Articles at WordPress on the Cooper Case

The DB Cooper Info Page

Everything D.B. Cooper at Quora, where others are invited to contribute what they have. When you do...your post will go out by email in its entirety, including any images, to approximately 1,600 followers and whatever other Quora users wish to share with THEIR followers. My posts go out to about 2,200 people simultaneously, and ANYONE's post is sometimes picked up by Quora staff and sent out randomly to an additional 1,000-10,000 other Quora users. Imagine the possibilities. 

The AB Message Board. This is a private message board mainly established if we need it for future use. There are few members and topics cover more than DB Cooper. Writing, publishing advice, and our Cooper Campouts are the biggest topics. Anyone registering must be known to us, (at least for now) although you do not have to provide your real name or any personal information. But for now, only people we know of on the internet will be allowed to register or view the site. Absolutely no personal attacks on others are allowed. Frankly, it is more about the public side of AB and much less about Cooper. 

Otherwise, I suggest we stick to the issues and avoid personal stuff, unless there is a valid reason for doing so. And yes...occasionally there ARE valid reasons for reporting on stories that have to do with people, rather than the strict facts about the Cooper case itself. Mostly those reasons are on a public-needs-to-know basis, and generally I try to report the facts without going too personal. As far as questions regarding Kenny Christiansen go, submit those privately or they will be ignored. This is the only way I can deal with those questions at Dropzone, because pretty soon it goes on page after page with the personal stuff. And I'm not dealing with that crap anymore. What some users do is to try playing 'gotcha' with me...not actually trying to determine the truth on something. So please don't bother going that route with me anymore. 

I do hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving. When I arrived in San Diego, about the last thing I expected was two or three inches of heavy rain over the holidays. If it weren't for the palm trees, I would have thought I never left Seattle. My mother in law dropped a big Amazon gift card on me while I was there. That was nice, and so is she. B|

Go ahead and mute me.  I don't have a lot to say, but I do enjoy reading the posts here.  You've posted 7500 times, don't you think that is a bit excessive?  You have some great thoughts on the case, but they are being drowned out by all the camping and cat posts, as well as the bickering.  People have tuned out, and anyone reading this site that is not logged in will have to sift through all the extra junk.  None of us care about the internal arguments.  I'm here to read about DB Cooper.  My time is limited, so I don't really go to all those other spots you mention.  I don't see you gaining anything by bickering.

• Like 1

Right,,

To support the false Sheridan Peterson as Cooper narrative,

Eric must:

Change the flight path to have him land near TBAR, and

Have the money buried right after the hijacking.

There is no evidence for either of these and substantial evidence against no matter how much Eric spins it.

The case for Sheridan Peterson being Cooper is extremely weak, built on speculation, poor logic, ignoring/distorting evidence and confirmation bias.

He was in Nepal, doesn't match the profile or the physical description. All you really have is a skilled skydiver.