47 47
quade

DB Cooper

7 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

FLYJACK: The indicator light flashing ON when the stairs were opened, and the light going back OFF for just a quick moment when Cooper jumped...and then coming back ON for the remainder of the flight to Reno is a pretty good indicator of when Cooper jumped. I think it's hard to get around that. The only way for the light to go OFF, even for a second, is if a great deal of weight was suddenly released from the stairs...or if you believe Cooper was actually able to pull them up on his own just enough to make the indicator light go OFF for a moment. This does not seem reasonably possible to do. Stairs probably weigh a few hundred pounds. 

No idea what you are trying to say.. the light has nothing to do with Cooper's demand and is out of context.

The red airstair light indicates unlocked condition. 

Edited by FLYJACK

4 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

It's not my personality. They just don't like the articles

Robert, you project too many things. I haven't read an article of yours in a while. I did go to Quora months ago but nothing beyond that. you are hardly as important as you think..how do you know who reads what? you spend the night surfing the web from this site to my site and Bruce's back and forth all nite long. how's that for projection?

You make snide comments all day lol 

16 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

• Late 2008: After seeing an article on a guy from the Sumner/Bonney Lake area being proposed as the hijacker, I contact both Skipp Porteous and Geoffrey Gray, the main people who input for that article. I ask Skipp to send me what he has on this Christiansen guy, who apparently lived in the same town where I grew up. Porteous sends the stuff and I review it. 

• After reviewing the evidence, I tell Porteous he might be onto something, but he needs to investigate the people Christiansen knew best, and suggest he send 'his people' back to the Pacific Northwest for another round of investigation. Porteous replies that he mainly works out of New York, and suggests that I do the groundwork and the local interviews, while he runs background checks and provides me with confidential information on anyone who is to be interviewed. I agree to this plan, and suspend further book edits for outside authors, in order to make time for all this. 

So instead of trying to rewrite or change history, let's tell the truth instead.

It was in November of 2007 that you saw the article about Kenny Christiansen. It wasn't "after reviewing evidence" that you thought that Porteous might be on to something. Your own comments at the end of the article show that you were already a believer in Kenny being the hijacker and you were already wanting to do a book:

"Oh, I believe Sherlock Investigations hit it on the head with this one. I was 18 years old and grew up in Sumner, Washington, just down the street from Bonney Lake. On the measly salary paid Christiansen by the airline, there is no way he could have saved up $16,000 for the house in Bonney Lake. It would have taken him years. This is an old case, but it would interesting to know if any of his old bank records, or tax returns exist somewhere.

On a side note, anytime you feel like doing a book on this subject, drop me a line. You can find me at Adventure Books of Seattle. I'm the managing editor".

- Robert M. Blevins, November 5 2007

http://blog.sherlockinvestigations.com/2007/11/db-cooper-new-york-magazine.html

Robert, the point is that you read that article and immediately made up your mind that Kenny was Cooper:

"Oh, I believe Sherlock Investigations hit it on the head with this one".

"On the measly salary paid Christiansen by the airline, there is no way he could have saved up $16,000 for the house in Bonney Lake. It would have taken him years".

This serves as proof that you already had your mind made up before you ever interviewed the first person. You didn't decide a year later that Porteus "might be on to something". It took one article, and you bought in completely.

35 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Remember, Parrot...it was Gray, not me, and not Porteous...who first investigated Christiansen. 

Not according to Porteous:

Sherlock Investigations has been investigating a man who fits the profile more than any other suspect, and we believe that our suspect was the real DB Cooper. Very soon, a major weekly magazine will feature our suspect, and how we found him. The article includes photos. Watch your newstand!

After months of investigating the identity of the notorious DB Cooper, Sherlock Investigations reveals the culprit's identity in a major article in New York magazine (Oct. 29, 2007 issue), on the news stands on October 22, 2007.
In the piece, you'll learn about how we came across his identity, and why we think this man is the infamous DB Cooper. This case has baffled the FBI for almost 36 years. Now, the true story of DB Cooper comes to light.

Too much to copy and paste on that topic, but if you take a look around at the Sherlock Investigations web site, it's clear that they started the investigation into Christiansen before GG did.

In looking at the Sherlock Investigations site, it makes me wonder if Blevins and Porteous are one and the same. In October of 2007, Porteous wrote the following: 

When Lyle Christiansen first suspected his brother and went to the FBI he didn't give them any evidence. He even tried to hide his brother's name from them, and his story was just one among many hundreds that they received. To this day, they've obtained NO evidence directly from Christiansen. At Sherlock Investigations we've gathered lots of evidence, including DNA and Christiansen's thumbprint.
Most importantly, the FBI maintains that Cooper was 6 feet tall and weighed 175 to 180 pounds, had brown eyes, and a tan or swarthy complexion. Kenneth Christiansen was 5'10 in shoes, and according to his driver's license, 170 pounds. (Many people lie on their driver's license applications, so he could have been a few pounds heavier.) He also had hazel eyes. Many people confuse brown eyes with hazel eyes. Christiansen also loved the sun, and spent as much time in tropical places and beaches as he could.
At their request, we provided the FBI with DNA from Kenneth Christiansen and his brother. Only when the FBI conclusively eliminates him based on that evidence will it prove that Christiansen wasn't Cooper. Meanwhile, he is the leading suspect, and to reject him as a suspect because the FBI didn't bother to obtain a copy of his driver's license is negligent.

So, now we're back to the question of DNA. Blevins said early on that Lyle submitted DNA to the FBI. When pressed on the issue, he said that it didn't happen. Now, we have Porteous saying that Sherlock Investigations sent DNA from Kenny and Lyle to the FBI at their request:

Last year the FBI asked Sherlock Investigations to supply DNA evidence for Kenneth Christianson, whom we believe was "D.B. Cooper." We sent them envelopes and stamps that Christianson had licked. We also sent them a right thumbprint from his Army discharge papers where he was a paratrooper.

So, Lyle said they didn't, Porteous said they did, Blevins has said both....as I've said before, there's a liar in this story, quite possibly more than one.

9 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

The question of DNA is actually pretty simple. I heard Porteous was trying to get it from Lyle. I probably assumed he did. 

Later, when I found out there was no DNA sample from Lyle, I asked (and received) a sample from him. It's still sealed in our offices here, just in case. 

But that's not what Porteous says. He says they sent DNA from Kenny and Lyle to the FBI. Either he did, or he is lying. I don't see any middle ground there.

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Helen Jones of Sumner, WA was a friend to both KC and the Geestman family. I interviewed her over a two-day period. It was when she revealed to me that KC and Geestman had been no-shows to Thanksgiving dinner at her family's house that year. This is something they did together the year BEFORE the hijacking, and the year AFTER. But not in 1971. MRS. Geestman did show up, and Jones said she was really pissed. Said her husband had gone down to Oakville to pick up his new Airstream to go camping. (On Thanksgiving?) No mention was made of KC, and KC had told several people weeks before the hijacking that he was flying back to Minnesota for the holiday to be with family. That was a lie. He never went there that year. This led me to believe Margie only discovered what the two men had done after the fact, and not in advance. In other words, they didn't tell her their plans. 

So...in January 1972 Jones sees KC at the Sumner Laundromat. "Hey, KC...we missed you at Thanksgiving." He tells her he was with Geestman. Won't say what they were doing, though. But in previous interviews, Mrs. Geestman had said her husband was involved in the hijacking, but she's still terrified of the FBI. Kenny isn't the guy, she says, tries naming other people. 

I would love to have a memory like that, wouldn't you? Hell, you can't even remember the details of how and when you and Porteous got started on Cooper. What was it you said, "Hey...it was twelve years ago".

Imagine trying to remember who was at Thanksgiving dinner 40 years earlier, or a conversation in a grocery store from 40 years ago. It's simply amazing how not just one, but all of these witnesses in this fable have these super human memories.

Edited by ParrotheadVol

6 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Now you are nit-picking instead of addressing the evidence. You'd be surprised what people remember if they have a reference, a context to work from. And the Cooper hijacking can do that very well. It's like asking a WA resident to recall where they were when St Helens blew its top...or where they were or what they remember the day the TV stations in WA went to full blown coverage of the Cooper hijacking. 

I have heard this frankly silly argument about 'memories' before. I was in the fourth grade when JFK was killed. I can remember every single thing that happened over the next few days, starting with when Mother Superior walked into class and gave us the news...same thing with Cooper. 

Can you remember who, if anyone was missing from class those days?

3 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

There is a big difference between lies and mistakes. We were all wrong on the house purchase, especially me. Do you think doing this investigation was easy? That everything, including accuracy and the truth on every point just fell into place, like ducks in a row? Hell, no. It was complicated for sure. The files here on the investigation take up an entire file cabinet and part of a dresser drawer. That's why it took FOUR YEARS past the publication of the Blast book to finally sort things out enough to present a report to the Seattle FBI. And even that I would not say is perfect-perfecto, but it's close. 

However...I did eventually get to the truth of the matter regarding the house purchase. See the article at WordPress HERE, which has been there for quite a while now. When (or if) the movie is announced publicly, I plan to rewrite some sections of Blast to ensure the book is fully accurate. I would do it by now, but it seems senseless to do that without knowing For Sure on the movie, because I will have to add some things about all that. 

Look...I'm not dumb, you know. I have seen literally hundreds of old posts at the DBC Forum, as well as a special page going negative on KC as the hijacker. Some of that information is not accurate. But...everyone is entitled to their opinions about KC and Geestman. A certain small group have their opinions, others have theirs. In the end, we will present the case against those two as best we can. That's all people should expect. I can tell you this much:  There was enough evidence, both public and private, to convince two movie production companies it was worth it to cough up the bucks to tell the story. Well...maybe on that last bit, but it's looking good. I have reviewed the script. It's tight, it's good, and I won't have to make too many suggestions on it. Neither will the guy they are paying 30K to assist me on this. Too bad Bruce turned down that job. It would have been the easiest money he ever made in his life. 

Had he agreed to come on board, I would have done the same thing for him I did for the guy who took his job. I would have convinced the producers we didn't NEED two consultants for the script, and to condense those jobs from two to one...and pay Bruce the same thing our guy is getting now. He talks a big game, but I think at some point he's going to realize he made the biggest mistake of his life. 

Especially (pending on approval of the film, of course) when he sees whose name is up there in credits instead of his. I have no sympathy for him. It was business, not personal. He made it personal and lost out. 

So you asked me to consult on the film with the intention of not paying me and pushing me out?

Mistakes are one thing......here is some "detailed" mistakes lol I haven't found the one where you claim to speak directly with Lyle about the DNA back in 2011 or 2012 possibly...

June 2011  

Lyle contacted the FBI first, and gave them a sample of his DNA for possible testing later.

Aug. 2011

Christiansen's DNA has NOT been tested by the FBI. He has NOT been investigated except for a brief contact to Lyle Christiansen back in 2007

Georger's question: Would Lyle Christiansen be up to a DNA/and or blood test. Yes. I have asked him, and he would do it.

Nov. 2012

A DNA sample was submitted some time ago by Lyle Christiansen, taken by agents from the Minneapolis office.

2013 you explain to greycop that the DNA has not been checked "as far as I know" this implies you never spoke with them as you claimed in the past! 

May 2014

They never even ran the DNA those Minneapolis FBI agents collected from Lyle Christiansen. We already know that (former) Cooper case agent Carr wrote him off from the start in 2007.

Feb. 2014

(Two FBI agents from Minneapolis took a sample from Lyle in 2007, or early 2008, during a visit to his home.) But that sample has never been tested.

Oct. 2014

I contact the FBI again and ask them if the DNA samples taken from Lyle Christiansen by two Minneapolis FBI agents have ever been profiled and compared to the tie sample profile. Two days later I get a response. No, and no one knows where the samples are now. (Lyle was visited by the Minneapolis FBI after he went public. They took DNA swabs from him at that time.)

Nov. 2014

I asked him previously if the FBI had visited him and taken a DNA sample. He said no.

My post from Nov. 2014

June 25, 2011 you claim you spoke with the FBI (again) about checking the DNA on KC. in another interview a month later you claim “I want to ask the FBI if they’ve compared the sample they have of Lyle Christiansen’s DNA and tested it with the DNA sample they supposedly now have from the tie.”

March 2015

the DNA profile for Kenny's brother Lyle Christiansen, for comparison to the partial profiles now in the possession of the FBI. 

1 minute ago, RobertMBlevins said:

You lost my respect when you started allowing online attacks at the DBC and left them in place

I never asked for it.....they remain because it irritates you :) wait, let me use your line...

lol, "You are talking about things from years ago. nobody cares...." 

I can't find any truth here....

June 2011  

Lyle contacted the FBI first, and gave them a sample of his DNA for possible testing later.

Aug. 2011

Christiansen's DNA has NOT been tested by the FBI. He has NOT been investigated except for a brief contact to Lyle Christiansen back in 2007

Georger's question: Would Lyle Christiansen be up to a DNA/and or blood test. Yes. I have asked him, and he would do it.

Nov. 2012

A DNA sample was submitted some time ago by Lyle Christiansen, taken by agents from the Minneapolis office.

2013 you explain to greycop that the DNA has not been checked "as far as I know" this implies you never spoke with them as you claimed in the past! 

May 2014

They never even ran the DNA those Minneapolis FBI agents collected from Lyle Christiansen. We already know that (former) Cooper case agent Carr wrote him off from the start in 2007.

Feb. 2014

(Two FBI agents from Minneapolis took a sample from Lyle in 2007, or early 2008, during a visit to his home.) But that sample has never been tested.

Oct. 2014

I contact the FBI again and ask them if the DNA samples taken from Lyle Christiansen by two Minneapolis FBI agents have ever been profiled and compared to the tie sample profile. Two days later I get a response. No, and no one knows where the samples are now. (Lyle was visited by the Minneapolis FBI after he went public. They took DNA swabs from him at that time.)

Nov. 2014

I asked him previously if the FBI had visited him and taken a DNA sample. He said no.

My post from Nov. 2014

June 25, 2011 you claim you spoke with the FBI (again) about checking the DNA on KC. in another interview a month later you claim “I want to ask the FBI if they’ve compared the sample they have of Lyle Christiansen’s DNA and tested it with the DNA sample they supposedly now have from the tie.”

March 2015

the DNA profile for Kenny's brother Lyle Christiansen, for comparison to the partial profiles now in the possession of the FBI. 

Blevins -

The "house purchased for cash" was not a mistake. It was a lie. I don't know who told it first, maybe it was Lyle, maybe it was Porteous, maybe it was you, maybe it was one of the people with an iron clad memory that knew Kenny. But someone originally told it and at that point it was an outright lie, not a "mistake".