47 47
quade

DB Cooper

6 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

The minor damage is to the staircase (falling part) that had damage from the wind while down. they did more damage that the hijacking..

that is right the fabric panels were torn..

We can't get anywhere until we 100% confirm the exact location of that decal.

9 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Non-Cooper...but you just witnessed one of the greatest games in Monday Night Football history. I never had a doubt on the second kick by Myers. He wasn't letting Russell Wilson down, no way in hell. :)

Beat the UNBEATEN...on the road. And SF will wrap their season up in Seattle this year. 

(*insert evil laugh here*) Go Hawks. 

I have boycotted the NFL... 

Interesting Cooper original description..

cooperinitialdescription.jpeg

Boycotts work if people actually do them and stick with them. Pretty much everyone I know that boycotted the NFL over the anthem thing has either started watching again, or wasn't that big of a fan to begin with. We talk a good boycott, but few of us actually follow through with it. A lot of people said they were done with Nike when they pulled the Betsy Ross flag shoes. It didn't faze Nike because they know that when it comes time to buy another pair of shoes, all of those people that were buying their product before will buy them again. NFL knew the same thing. 

1 hour ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Boycotts work if people actually do them and stick with them. Pretty much everyone I know that boycotted the NFL over the anthem thing has either started watching again, or wasn't that big of a fan to begin with. We talk a good boycott, but few of us actually follow through with it. A lot of people said they were done with Nike when they pulled the Betsy Ross flag shoes. It didn't faze Nike because they know that when it comes time to buy another pair of shoes, all of those people that were buying their product before will buy them again. NFL knew the same thing. 

My boycott is personal, I don't expect it to have any impact on them. I have also boycotted Nike, Starbucks, Facebook and others.. there are some I avoid as much as possible but can't entirely eliminate like Google and Amazon. I refuse to participate/support certain entities. I was a football fan, played in a recreational football league for years. It just doesn't interest me to support entities that I disagree with. Frankly, I don't miss them.

It is way off topic, so I can swing this back to Cooper, and football... for bonus Cooper points.

The Vancouver letter claimed Cooper went to the CFL Grey Cup final here, actually local to me, I have been to that stadium. 

The letter can't be confirmed from Cooper, it may be a hoax but it may be legit.

This a video of the game.. there are a few pans of the crowd,, I looked for suspects but didn't notice anyone.. Ironically, the half time show is skydivers in dark suits.

Do you have a suspect in that crowd???

I have filled in this redacted FBI document and it I am 99% it is correct..

It is a Hahneman document but the witness ID was a bit of work.. the type is uniform so everything comes down to letter count. Robert Gregory is the only witness that fits, he is also the one that described Cooper as having Marcelled hair. Normally, the names of Cooper suspects who have died are not redacted, Hahneman's name is redacted throughout even though he died almost 30 years ago. I believe they have redacted his name because he was never eliminated. The FBI had Hahneman's passport image on June 1... I have many photos of Hahneman and he does look quite different in the face as his weight fluctuated. He also had a turkey neck.

Hahneman did have curly/marcelled hair, he was swarthy and latin in appearance.

gregoryhahneman.jpeg.ecf90fb92021d931e6911fea34292254.jpeg

13 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

The blueprints will be very specific. I deal with them all day long. they can be specific to that airline. hundreds of blueprints are involved. you will have prints for the framework, electrical, hydraulic. you will have prints of the exterior skin and interior etc. 

In terms of the placard.  mrshutter45, Flyjack, RobertBlevins:  What do you think now?  Did the Hick's placard come from 305?  There seems to be even more debate now.

41 minutes ago, BParker said:

In terms of the placard.  mrshutter45, Flyjack, RobertBlevins:  What do you think now?  Did the Hick's placard come from 305?  There seems to be even more debate now.

Don't know, the odds change depending upon the precise location which is unknown.

The (fastener) tear marks are inconsistent with any 727 stairway decal.. if it was on the wall there would have been a remnant of the decal left. 

Logic based on all known info,, either it didn't come from 305 on that night or the FBI is lying about it and they know it did. The FBI had more info that we do and they said it could have come from any passing 727..

Let's assume it did come from 305.. what then..

Eric has concluded its location proves based on wind that there was a western flightpath and the pilots, Northwest, chase pilots, military radar, Boeing and controllers are all wrong.

A simple and more rational explanation would be that the wind at that location was from the South. The FBI admits the wind was an estimate based on Portland and Salem averaged over an hour timespan. Far from the placard location. Seattle wind was from the South, Toledo was from the South...  

The fact is, we don't know the wind direction at the placard location and we do know that it was shifting in the area around that time from SSE to SSW.. 

That means the estimate for the wind at the Cooper LZ may have been wrong. If the wind was S he would have drifted back along the flightpath.

Edited by FLYJACK

51 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I'm not in favor of boycotting over the anthem thing, but I also disagree with players doing that. But for a more practical reason. 

NFL players make a lot of money, and if they want to stage protests on TV they should pay for that TV time on their own and not take advantage of air time they didn't arrange, or did not pay for. Then they can stage all the protests they want. 

BACK TO COOPER:  I read the FBI document you posted back there about how the money was provided to Cooper. I do not see anything in it that says the money was packaged in anything except packets of $20 bills at one hundred bills or so each. Haven't you said previously that these packets were also put together in larger bundles? Document is pretty simple. Says nothing about that. 

This packaging makes sense on a couple of levels. It explains how $5800 at Tina Bar means three packets were found together, and why Cooper would not have pulled more than two or three packets out to offer to a stew, if he actually did that. 

If Cooper really did pull out three packets in some offer to a stew, this would be six thousand or so...a reasonable amount. If he he pulled out three...and it actually added up to something like $24,000 because you say the packets were larger....this would be more than ten percent of the total ransom. This is a figure that even a generous hijacker probably would not have been willing to part with. 

Maybe the truth is as simple as it appears. A hundred individual packets were given to the hijacker. And that was all. And rubber bands were probably installed on all of them, maybe leaving in place (or maybe not) the original paper bands that were on them at the bank. The rubber bands would be tossed on them to keep the bills from coming apart, since the paper bands don't hold the money together very well in transit. Because of Cooper's demands, EVERYONE involved realizes the hijacker plans to jump from the aircraft. If they don't secure the money a bit better, it could end up as green snow from 10,000 feet and recovering it later might be impossible. Sounds to me like they just grabbed a hundred paper-banded packets of $2,000 each (standard way money is packaged by banks, i.e. one hundred bills per paper-banded packet) slapped rubber on them, and tossed them into the bank bag. There was also a time pressure factor here, and getting from downtown Seattle in the late afternoon, early evening on a pre-holiday ain't easy on I-5. 

*As you can tell, I decided not to work today. Game last night was just TOO much excitement. I said the heck with it and rescheduled today's job.* B|

That doc only states that the money was in packets of 100... other sources confirm and also claim they were then rubber banded into larger bundles..

I only posted the doc to confirm that 100 bills is called a "packet" by the Bank.

Georger and FBI agent Larry Carr screwed this up years ago.. they contacted the bank guy and he said he rubber banded and randomized the bundles.. Carr stated here on DZ that the 3 TBAR money (packets) were random in count.... this was wrong.

It took some time and I took endless attacks and ridicule for pointing out what is now obvious,, how could the money go to Cooper in packets of 100 and end up randomized on TBAR..  well it didn't..

FBI agent Carr and Georger conflated the term bundle with packet.. a bundle is an informal and general description, a packet is bank terminology for a group of 100 bills.

The money went to Cooper in packets of 100, rubber banded into bundles. The 3 packets that landed on TBAR could have landed in a bundle. That eliminates the assumption that it had to land there in some container.. that changes the previous constraints on TBAR theories.

Let's get this clear, a packet is 100 bills, $20 x 100 = $2000

packets are rubber banded into bundles.

Edited by FLYJACK

Robert do you have pictures of what his briefcase might have looked like and what the little bag he carried with him looked like?  I picture the briefcase being one you could flip open, therefore him being able to show the bomb.  Is this accurate?  How big was this other bag of his, big enough to hold a pair of boots or was it just a lunch bag type?

NONE of the interior decals have fasteners.....none of the on the normal door release have fasteners.........just because something looks a certain way doesn't mean it has too. the placard has adhesive on it and no wind in the stairwell to call for extra strength..

Edited by mrshutter45

28 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

NONE of the interior decals have fasteners.....none of the on the normal door release have fasteners.........just because something looks a certain way doesn't mean it has too. the placard has adhesive on it and no wind in the stairwell to call for extra strength..

That is what I said, none have fasteners. Why are you shouting and repeating what I said.

We don't know what is behind the access door or the exterior access panel. Perhaps the decal was over some rivets and it tore in those places.

Where is the rest of the decal.. and what was it originally attached to. 

A flat wall, can you pull a decal off a flat wall in one piece or did it tear and leave pieces..

Where are the missing pieces..

25 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Good question. First, we know it wasn't on the jet in Reno. Second, we know it couldn't be attached to anything due to lack of D rings. So what do you do with it? He probably tossed it out for the same reason he tossed out the briefcase...to throw off a ground search, should the items be found later. (Briefcase...well that was just ditching the evidence as well.) The jet was traveling at about three miles per minute. Even a three-to-five minute delay between door opening, and the actual jump would increase the square mileage of the search area by a large factor. 

Accounting for a one-mile drift to the starboard or port side of the aircraft, each minute in flight adds a minimum of nine square miles to the search area. Even if you narrow the jump time to a three minute window, this would create a search area of almost 30 square miles...a nearly impossible area to cover unless you were searching over the Bonneville Salt Flats or something. 

I still believe that if the briefcase and the non working reserve chute exist out there, you would find them somewhere south of where they found the placard perhaps. Or maybe between Pigeon Springs and the Amboy area. 

but why throw out the dummy reserve and not the other back chute?

He was trying to get the stairs down. it's possible he found the emergency handle and pulled it. many possibilities. Tina showed him how to operate them. nobody is sure if the emergency option is on 305. if it was it's possible Tina opened the door to the normal stairs blocking the emergency handle. he might of closed the door and seen it..he finally realized walking on them lowered them further.....the mystery starts here...

Edited by mrshutter45

1 hour ago, mrshutter45 said:

If Hahenman was in the files shown to the witness or passenger. the crew shot those pictures down in the following page..

second page.png

Hahneman was not in that list..

I found that the early sketch from his hijacking was shown to NORJAK witnesses who said it was "not identical" to Cooper.. what does that mean... it was a sketch. Even witnesses in his hijacking said the sketch was good but not perfect. In fact the pilot during the Hahneman hijacking positively identified the wrong guy..

But Hahneman's pictures vary, his weight swung greatly. I have pics of him that look like completely different people. His face ranged from fat to thin..

Years after Hahenman was known the FBI was still showing his pic to witnesses. He wasn't eliminated.

I don't think Robert Gregory's positive id is any sort of smoking gun, it is one small piece of the puzzle.. and I have lots of pieces.

Edited by FLYJACK