47 47
quade

DB Cooper

The normal 727-200 exterior emergency handle says push red handle up..

but, from the 727-100 manual

The interior emergency access cover (one with finger holes) "Emergency Use Only, Airstair Extension, Pull To Remove Cover"

indecal.jpeg.2834cacc2b6c9c7eda6258c053171738.jpeg

The exterior emergency access "Emergency Exit Handle, Aft Airstairs"

both have "pull" on the handle.

727emerg.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

Eric Ulis wrote..

"I have no issue with the wording. It is a door whether it's on a hinge or not.

Nonetheless, Boeing verified this placard described the use of the emergency airstair release behind the two-hole door/panel."

This is a false claim,, though I believe Boeing told Eric the placard was from near the aft door.

The Hicks Placard number is BAC27DPA-152.

This 727 very similar Emergency Airstair decal is BAC27DPA-182.... Did Boeing mix them up??

101_0753.jpg.05e736db3b3ae27e7623f80b07d3b06b.jpg

4 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

It's no mix up. they were supplied the Hicks decal through a fax. 

You don't know that, you have no way to know that.

Those decals are very similar and the part number is one digit different a mixup somewhere is possible. 

Edited by FLYJACK

1 minute ago, mrshutter45 said:

It's in the 302's. why wouldn't they. you are trying to change something documented..

You make no sense.. I am not changing the documented 302. 

Why don't you go and get Eric to clarify his claim...

"Boeing verified this placard described the use of the emergency airstair release behind the two-hole door/panel."

I think he just made it up...  but if it is true it is very important.

Was the money and equipment on his shoulders. that's where it would have to be for anything to tear it off the wall...Is Campbell a pilot. just because he lives in a plane doesn't mean he knows about placards. 

The controls are above the waste area in reach with your hands..a railing is also on the wall..

Edited by mrshutter45

23 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

It's not going to be behind the two hole panel..where do you keep getting this? the handle is there..

I can't take this anymore, you are so confused I am losing my patience..

First, there are TWO panels, the outer one with the finger holes and inner one, a flange. The red handle is behind TWO panels.

Second, ERIC made this claim on your forum and nobody questioned it.. I think he made it up..

"Boeing verified this placard described the use of the emergency airstair release behind the two-hole door/panel."

Edited by FLYJACK

21 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I got an extensive email response from Campbell, the man living in the 727 down in Hillsboro, OR. I sent him the article showing the picture of the Hicks placard and asked his opinion on how it may have arrived there, etc.

His message is too long to reproduce here. So just the main part below:

(In other words, human intervention may have been involved in its removal, which is my take on his comments.)

There are several versions of emergency airstairs decals on the 727, we know that one goes right on the main panel, it isn't the Hicks decal. 

His plane is a 727-200, a different system.

30 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

You rely a lot on the newspaper reports why don't you believe the fact of Boeing verifying it was in the stairwell? 

Hominid claims designs were constantly changing with Boeing and the airlines changing the planes. none were the same. 

I haven't rejected anything,,, just because I challenge something doesn't mean I have rejected it.. that is what amateurs do.

This is getting interesting now,,,

we have this narrowed down, a binary..

Either Eric is lying/exaggerating about Boeing confirming the placard being behind the two holed panel OR if true, the FBI lied about almost all the placard info they released and they must have known Cooper pulled the emergency system and removed the access panels. This was my very first suspicion, the placard was attached to the second panel and it went out of the plane on that panel.

On the other hand, if Eric's claim is false we are back to square one.

I have always been interested in this interview with Loren Peterson..

http://www.washingtonhistory.org/collections/item.aspx?irn=123428&record=20

Most people have discounted his entire account as he claimed he counted the bundles of money and it totalled $250,000. We know that isn't correct. He also drifts between his experience and what he heard about the case.. hard to parse.

However, if the bundles were banded in 4 x packets (100 bills) = $8000 per bundle X 25 bundles. He may have assumed 5 x packets (100 bills) = $10,000 per bundle X 25 bundles, that equals $250,000. In other words, he accurately counted 25 bundles but at $10,000 each instead of 25 bundles at $8,000 each. That may be why he got $250,000 instead of $200,000.. but that means they weren't random. You can't really count random sized bundles.

He also explains how he opened the money bag, repacked it and tied it up before it went to the plane.

and they forgot to sign for the money...

Edited by FLYJACK

Shutter,

You should get to the bottom of Eric's decal claim (Boeing confirming it was from behind the two hole panel), if true it is crucial and means the FBI is lying about the decal. If Cooper accessed that inner panel the FBI had to know about it.. and we are being played.

If false, Eric is just exaggerating again.

Eric won't answer my questions. He doesn't seem to like tough questions.

The purpose of the WSHM wasn't to investigate the Cooper case, they were informative for the exhibit.

Some of the information does add to the body of evidence and it would not exist otherwise.

Sure, investigative interviews would be handled differently.

Bill Mitchell..

http://www.washingtonhistory.org/collections/item.aspx?irn=122559

Edited by FLYJACK