47 47
quade

DB Cooper

it's well documented that on January 6, 1972 a test was done to determine the affects of the pressure changes by the crew. it wasn't done twice. this is a report from years after the fact. dated photo's back this up. they flew over the ocean. another newspaper states they were not sure they were missing after the flight. 

To date, I have not said the placard came from 305. I said the odds have increased. Boeing has verified the placard to being an interior placard.  I fail to see the placard matching any other air stair by Boeing other than possibly the DC9. I'm not sure how they operate. the 737 is entirely different all together. 

Edited by mrshutter45

9 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I see two conflicting newspaper reports, a single day apart. 

Hicks 'led' the initial search for Cooper? First I have heard of that. Think of the odds he would find a placard from the Cooper jet years later while hunting...after he allegedly led the search down by Ariel. 

He should have played the lottery on a regular basis.

Hick's led the search for Cooper in 1971..  He knew the flightpath and the location he claimed was virtually right under it.

The sheriff was his neighbour..

This thing is OUTTA CONTROL NOW..

I had speculated earlier that Hick's may have lied about it, maybe it was ripped off a 727 as a souvenir.. 

Edited by FLYJACK

4 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

I never noticed that until I read it again after posting it. I also find it odd that Boeing would claim turbulence caused it to come off. it's documented that hardly any disturbance was in the stairwell while the stairs were down. 

open.png

If you look at the Hick's decal, based on the tears it looks like it came off from the top down slightly left to right..

It's impossible to determine anything. we don't know what the placard looked like if it left that plane fully intact, ripped off the wall or was damaged on the ground . seven years past before it was found. was the wall flat or textured (rough surface) where it was attached..too many variables..

2 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

It's impossible to determine anything. we don't know what the placard looked like if it left that plane fully intact, ripped off the wall or was damaged on the ground . seven years past before it was found. was the wall flat or textured (rough surface) where it was attached..too many variables..

The most frustrating thing are those holes,, a decal doesn't need to be mounted, the 727 interior decals do not have "fasteners"... it is a big clue for the history of that decal..

Looking at the photo's of the testing shows it would be pretty difficult to stand up on the stairs. not much room and the stairs don't go as far down as I thought with weight on them..this photo shows the stairs far from being down. the same with the other photo.I showed with the sandbag on the steps. 

weight.png

28 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

The placard was posted to the OUTSIDE of the aircraft from where it came, and could have come off any jet that had the same placard. 

When will you realize Boeing has now stated two times the placard was not on the exterior of the plane. are they lying too along with Tina and now Hicks? 

Just to clarify, that wire on the handle doesn't do anything as far as the function of the handle goes. It's not connected to anything mechanical or powered. It's just a seal on the handle. It serves two functions. One, it holds the handle in place so it doesn't move inadvertently. Between removing a door, breaking a flange, and breaking that wire, you've got to intend to move that handle. Second, in the aftermath of an incident, the broken wire tells the investigators that the handle was indeed used.

It's what I've been saying. that type of control is not similar to what is on a 737. it's purpose it to release something easily. you can't do that with electric stairs that deploy different than free falling. it's specific to that type of stairs. the placard is from the stairwell of a 727. 

Cooper clearly had trouble with the stairs. I don't think it was trouble at all. he didn't know they wouldn't drop fully while in flight. it's very plausible he removed the placard in frustration. the odds are greater of the possibility of coming from 305. placards do fall off but to have one from the inside get on the ground isn't that hard to figure out when the stairs were open for most of the flight. if he did remove it and was right handed it would of been discarded to his right which would be onto the stairs. it's extremely light and could of escaped easily. he had no reason to keep it or toss it out. the panel would be missing if he did use that function and I'm guessing the handle would now be on the outside of the wall hanging like a loose pull handle on a lawnmower away from it's original location inside and behind the wall panel. unless it had some sort of retracting system. 

6 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Yeah. You guys laughed at me when I theorized that Cooper backed down the steps instead of going forward.

I don't recall that at all, in fact I stated many times that nobody would walk down the stairs like they would a typical set of stairs.. it's nothing but a guess how he jumped off the stairs. only two ways to really do it. 

The question would be whether or not Cooper accessed the emergency panel. if he did the small panel must be somewhere. Tina does make a statement that she showed him the "controls" and not the control to the stairs. then several days later they thought Cooper might of hidden behind the panels in the stairwell. while checking they describe the stairwell failing to note the emergency panel and state only one control. 

no mention emergency panel.png

7 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Boeing records indicate all passenger aircraft were manufactured with this system. even some cargo/passenger aircraft had them. if the records are correct in the Yap report then 305 also had the function. 

report.png

That doesn't mean all (every) passenger aircraft had the system, it means the 164 Boeing 727-100 with it were "all passenger aircraft". 91 were cargo/passenger and modification 63 kits sold.

12 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Then that leaves 180 that didn't have the emergency system.....

No indication how many didn't have it.

91 - 727-100C pass/cargo

164  - 727-100 passenger

63  - modification kits sold

= 318 total 

This is it, outer decal does not match Hicks

We need to determine if NORJAK even had this optional emergency release system...

727EMERGRELDOOR.jpeg.cc9284f8aac93a77a61a959ab948279d.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

A stew or a mechanic from the 70's working at NWO is needed to verify if the planes had this system. NWO is documented in the 302's explaining the placard location. they would know but it's odd they just don't say the placard was right by the controls in the stairs vs by the rear door. Boeing does confirm the decal is from the stairwell...a lot of the video's we see are no longer in service Commercially and privately owned. the decals are missing, possibly the emergency system removed etc. 

9 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

The Hicks placard would not fit on the emergency panel and would have two holes in it...this is now a private luxury jet. 

407 ..727-100's were manufactured. 164 had the system with 63 getting upgraded. that's 227 minus 407 is 180 without the system..

We don't know where the 63 upgrade kits went to.

407 passenger only.. but 571 total.

3 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

A stew or a mechanic from the 70's working at NWO is needed to verify if the planes had this system. NWO is documented in the 302's explaining the placard location. they would know but it's odd they just don't say the placard was right by the controls in the stairs vs by the rear door. Boeing does confirm the decal is from the stairwell...a lot of the video's we see are no longer in service Commercially and privately owned. the decals are missing, possibly the emergency system removed etc. 

The NWA 727-100 safety card would indicate it..

another,, decals don't match Hicks..

Hicks also states "open access door", this system instructions are to "remove" access door and break flange

727controldooroutline.jpg.1e96049819c8b4dc5b24eb09b1f571f8.jpg