47 47
quade

DB Cooper

8 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Shutter: I don't need you to tell me how to run a forum. I'm not really interested in taking the time to do that anymore. 

I think it's in your best interest to stop talking about others as well? no need to repost. it should of never really been an "interest" in the beginning. if you were a member, then yes..when the "public" alerts me of the problem. I will take care of it...

Edited by mrshutter45

It clogs up the forum Robert. a member sent a PM and you see a complaint above. if you don't speak about it. it doesn't get replied. you are speaking of the politics around the community vs the actual discussion of Cooper. you have a forum "sitting there" put it on there for the PUBLIC to see. 

29 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Let me get this straight now. Discussing strictly ONLY the evidence in the Cooper case should be allowed. Characters involved in the exploration of the Cooper case are NOT allowed to be discussed. Is that what you are trying to tell me?

What you do out weighs the comments actually surrounding Cooper. this causes people to reply to them clogging it up further. yes, it's a Cooper forum to discuss DB Cooper and not who is discussing DB Cooper? you constantly repeat the samething's as the thread turns pages keeping it fresh. it's a form of personal attacks. it's disruptive to the flow of actually discussing the case. 

I take it you would allow me to speak at one of your events surrounding things related to Cooper about you instead of actually talking about Cooper or even a mixture? 

Edited by mrshutter45

My point is this isn't your forum to decide speaking bad about people whether you think it's right or not. the forum is suppose to be about DB Cooper and not about those who talk about DB Cooper. this was another hard topic you pushed about people talking about you all the time. that hasn't happened on my forum in years and you keep talking about it still today. there is no single side to blame. both got out of hand years ago but it doesn't seem to be the case years later except for one person keeping it alive. the guys on TMN are the only one's doing all the talking other than you? my forum has moved on from this years ago. "don't bring it up and it won't be replied to" is not a threat to silence anyone. it's not helping anything repeating it over and over. this stops the discussion, period. the thread was shutdown for that reason the last time. the more the case is discussed the lesser the odds of it getting shutdown. no question about it. I'm far from perfect and say it often. none of this does anyone any good...

Robert, you are now instigating. yes, I'm busy at the moment in reply to Meso. people from my forum read this thread. they are not meat with eye's. stop telling me what to do. the complaint is by another member if you would take notice right on this thread, actually, his second. it's in reference to the bickering...another complained by PM and you still don't get it. 

Edited by mrshutter45

Robert, it's a never ending circle with you. people are complaining. do you follow. apparently not. Georger was not on the forum when it closed. it was due to exactly what is taking place here at this very moment. a member has posted twice and you ignored his pleas. a member sent a PM with both our names on the complaint. do you get it yet? the kangaroo court needs to be dismissed and allow the discussion of Cooper to start. do you need anything quoted in order to understand? 

8 minutes ago, hcsvader said:

Honestly, all I ever see is Robert trying to promote his other websites and businesses....

I'm pretty sure that is against the forum rules....

Yes, it is. if the rules still apply when the thread was open before. that was brought up often on the thread before the closing. it was his Adventure Book site posted all the time. you don't have to actually sell books..it's the site promotion itself he was selling. 

Edited by mrshutter45

I have every right to complain when the case is not discussed. members form there own opinions which I'm not at liberty to change or change the reason statements are made concerning there opinion. it's called freedom of speech. Georger is not a member here and can speak freely the last I checked? 

I don't have hundreds of comments you are stating especially on a site you are not a member of. one minute it's 5,000 times your name is mentioned and the next it's 1,500.. my opinion was given about Quora and it remains that. 

This thread surrounds the discussion of DB Cooper and not the members from here or other places. it causes conflicts damaging to this site by continuing to ignore others who are complaining does further damage. by constantly posting off topic or behind the scene comments surrounding people involved in the case will cause conflicts and start the bickering. you just said you didn't care if it closes. that's not saying anything good either. when is enough, enough? 

7 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Fly, do you know what file has the LZ map that is colored in is located? I'm making a single file with all the flight path data.

From the Washington History Museum

http://www.washingtonhistory.org/collections/item.aspx?irn=122502&record=59

http://www.washingtonhistory.org/collections/item.aspx?irn=122503&record=60

http://www.washingtonhistory.org/collections/item.aspx?irn=122504&record=61

The tie,,,

The FBI had claimed the Cooper tie was a few years old based on a conversation with a Pennys manager.. This was incorrect. They never researched the labels. The labels changed over the years though the tie may have appeared the same.

A while back I noticed the patent labels could be used to date the tie. The patent label dates it to the end of 1964 as it changed after that. The Pennys logo funky "P" found on the tie was first introduced ironically on Nov 24 1963. 

Eric Ulis claims he figured this out and Sheridan bought the tie in 1963.. this is 100% false.

He didn't figure it out but importantly it was not 1963 for two reasons. The funky "P" was first introduced Nov 24 1963 for store logos. Second, there is another indication on the tie that it was produced in 1964 which I'll keep secret for now..

Conclusion,,

The tie was produced from early 1964 to late 1964, could have been sold from early 1964 to early 1965.

The FBI claim that the tie was a few years old is wrong, it was about 6/7 years old in 1971 and that changes the timeframe, the particle deposit environment and potential ownership trail.

Edited by FLYJACK

While dishing out remedies about what this administration should do surrounding Derek. perhaps you should follow the rules given by this administration early into this new thread?

"We've seen a number of threads between users talking to each other, or having quick jabs at each other. You're welcome to discuss the case here, but posts that are not related to the case and merely address other users are not what this thread is for, and we will start handing out more warnings to posts that violate this approach. If you want to have a discussion with another user, send them a DM, but this thread isn't the place for that. By all means, if you disagree on the case, make a post explaining your reasoning and addressing only the case.

In short, before you make a post ask yourself "If someone comes across this page looking for information on the case, will my post provide them with more information and offer something interesting to them" - if the answer is no, don't post it. 

We opened the thread because the topic is fascinating and we want others to be able to follow the case, not so that people have to wade through user's public conflicts."

Sadly, I had to report you for the constant harassment with sending a string of PM's during Derek's protest with a basic response of this:

"So send it already...you think I care if I get banned from DZ or they end up freezing the thread?"

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I would simply delete the whole thing, save a ton of bandwidth, and let people do their DB Cooper battles elsewhere. The truth is that Dropzone is a very good website dedicated to everything skydiving, and its members don't deserve to be burdened with such a thread. 

They are the RULES set by this website. I simply agree with them. what part of that don't you understand? 

You are harassing me through the PM function on this site? I don't need your permission to post that. if anything, you need my permission to post things off my site where you are banned? you are disrupting this thread with speaking about others and putting words into there mouths. this is not your thread to decide what content applies, the administration has made it clear. I asked you three times to stop sending PM's only to continue sending them. you are adding fuel to Derek's protest disrupting the thread further..

??????????

"posts that are not related to the case and merely address other users are not what this thread is for, and we will start handing out more warnings to posts that violate this approach." 

Added: "We opened the thread because the topic is fascinating and we want others to be able to follow the case, not so that people have to wade through user's public conflicts."

The only "battle" appears to come from your end only...

Edited by mrshutter45

Robert, you are wrong. These so called allegations from an anonymous emailer to you are none of mine or anyone else's business, including yours. They have nothing to do with the DB Cooper case. If Eric has done something wrong, then someone should go to law enforcement. Otherwise, people need to mind their own damn business. I know that's hard for you.

• Like 1