47 47
quade

DB Cooper

John C Collins was an alias Duane Weber used. he was in the Jefferson prison under that name. Jo kept saying the FBI wouldn't give her details on his prison term. I found everything, including his mugshots from Jefferson for $4.00 . I have about 95% of his criminal records which include various prisons he attended. 

Weber couldn't pull off simple petty crimes. to believe he was capable of this is ridiculous to say the least. he was in prison over 18 years of his life. he got caught stealing purses. his early photo's, prior to 1971 resembles the sketch but in noway does he during the 70's. he was thoroughly checked by the FBI contrary to what Jo claims. Carr stated a file of hundreds of pages. 

A quick word about Hollywood and how movies are made. There are a lot of different ways movies come about, and I don't know if what I'm about to say applies to your movie, but it seems possible/likely.

Often times, a couple people will form a small production company, find a story they like, and set out to make a movie. They'll option the material, get a couple treatments/spec scripts, then set out to find the money. They'll pitch studios and/or independent investors. They'll try to get a 'name', like your Hollywood kid, to attract attention. And until the money comes, this is where the project sits 'in limbo'. The reason why they don't finalize a writer or a script is because they know that the money people will want to have a say in that, especially if it's a studio. It sounds like this is where your project is at. So they'll continue to re-up the option until the money comes ('green-lit') or they give up on the project.

It's always the money. along with a storyline. one of the problems I see is Kenny's background. it's nothing exciting. McCoy or Rackstraw have the movie making backgrounds. how much excitement could one put into this in order to stay truthful enough to make money. the whole Cooper story itself is not that exciting. nothing dramatic happened. nobody was hurt and Cooper has never been found. you would have to skew from the truth to begin to draw attention. then once again, it's no longer "the true story of DB Cooper" 

Nothing against Kenny but you would fall asleep if half the movie was about his life. he was in the service, seen no action. came home and went to work. no criminal record to work from, nothing. Peterson also has a interesting background. all these suspects sing the same tune with "proof" they may look good from the outside until you start looking inside. 

If this was a ticket movie. I don't see the attraction. people look for action, explosions, fight scenes, car chases etc. made for TV? possibly, even those companies are hard to sell. 

8 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

The problem isn't with the budget. They want a solid script from a known screenwriter, one with a solid track record

IMHO, that doesn't sound right. money talks. they should know who to pitch too. Hollywood is all about the money. they should know every screenwriter to go after. when you tell people Bruce would of received $15,000 for reading a few lines you can bet they would pay top dollar to get a top notch well known writer. almost 3 years looking for one? money should of easily paved the way. 

Just now, RobertMBlevins said:

I told the studio execs what he said. They said no dice.

That makes no sense either and the first time you brought it up. they want something, they will go after it. first you said he never replied and now say they said no dice?

I'm discussing the topic. it has nothing to do with my involvement. not wanting to be a part of something doesn't mean it can't be discussed. 

I fail to see a connection of a major production company using someone on the outside to make any type of money deals? they should have there own department for these type of things. I've dealt with them and they do ask certain things like contacting someone but nothing involving money. legal issue could arise from you saying the wrong thing. 

Bruce had a lot to say Robert. you always skew. as I mentioned you first said he never replied. I remember him telling me he was thinking about it. regardless to what you say it never lines up with what I hear from him. I also recall him asking for a contract or something like that. of course he's going to want to deal with them. I could only imagine what you would do if it was reversed. you are also well known for sending a fleet of emails. one after another when asking or wanting something. then you get made when no replies come. 

If the movie surrounds Kenny. the only site or possible places to search would be coming from you. I told you in the past that I wasn't interested in speaking with them due to my beliefs. if they are dead set on making a movie implying Kenny was Cooper they should have all of the facts anyway? I also refuse to work with you due to personality conflicts. 

If they withdrew the offer. it is what it is. everyone is happy. nothing is a loss at this point. 

Why Bruce over 377? 

I don't have the time you do. I went through a lot of time with producers in the past. when they contact me now. I just give them basic information as I did not to long ago. I have a heavy work load, other interests etc. my life is very fast paced. I don't have the time I had years ago. Cooper interests me enough to research. I actually downplayed my simulator to them. I just don't have time for it. If I refuse work and time, then I can play all day on the internet. I have to deal with contractors, workers complaining about the heat, no shows, jobs behind or something wrong with them, deadlines etc. 

The public? not a lot of people really care one way or the other. some members check in daily, others weekly, monthly, a couple times a year. I'm sure non-members do the same. 

3 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

"Lots of people in the film business don't get along. Some hate each other. But it's a business. When the time comes, people get professional and do their jobs..."  (a bit paraphrased, but more or less what he said) They couldn't understand his attitude, putting personal issues before business issues. They called him amateur and unprofessional. I thought he was foolish, to tell you the truth. 

Everybody is different. this isn't Hollywood. I hear those names called about you as well, Robert. it is what it is. 

Perhaps if they actually spoke with him outside of listening to you speak for him they might have a different outlook or understanding. I can't speak for his actions but somehow you always do. Hollywood is full of backstabbing, lying, money hungry fools. they use and abuse at every corner...

This isn't a job, Robert. I don't need to do anything. you can't speak for everyone either. 

When I opened my forum. I didn't see any clause telling me I had to seek out the public and promote till the sun goes down? we have multiple producers on the site. bloggers, ex military, skydivers, radio personalities, television producers, ex-police officers. all kinds of people, even a guy from Homeland security who pops on a couple times a year from his office.. yes, bad one's too. Brian Ingram joined when it first opened. he only posted once, but showed support. Tom Kaye often comments. televisions shows have aired with members of the forum. I don't have to go on Quora, or reddit. what do you expect, 500 members posting at one time? a couple times a year it gets some hype and dies right back down to us.

Robert, people don't like your personality. you speak of others having arrogants? nobody wants to work with you is what it boils down to. it has nothing to do with jealousy either. many moons ago you constantly asked people to research your story. we did that and it's been trouble ever since. Kenny is a small portion of the problem. 

Researching Cooper is very hard with you in a room. two pages of wasted space just today. the guys/guy on Bruce's site were getting a little out of hand. you claim it doesn't bother you but continue to post things almost a decade old now. when you get asked something the credibility card pops up. not all producers are like the one's you are dealing with. they want the story minus the bull. you constantly try to mold a perfect world. Flyjack won't post a lot of things because some people take the credit. 

Your public is easily fooled. any new suspect comes along and you will read the public now believes that guy was Cooper. "makes sense to me" "it all adds up" etc. I don't need that or want it..you can have it.  

(edited)
16 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Buy people? LOL not with my money.

Exactly, you are trying with other peoples money. Bruce did show interest. you always fail to really read or listen to things said. too busy with the negative. 

The bottom line is the production company should of handled the matter surrounding Bruce or anyone else. if they were that concerned or even cared they would of went that avenue. they make multi million dollar deals and don't want to get involved with something that would benefit the movie? sounds like there loss. 

You keep speaking about business. that's exactly what I would of done. ask to speak with them directly. they don't want to play. then I go away.

Edited by mrshutter45

Robert, you constantly "speak for others" I hear and read a different story. it's proper business to deal direct. this company sounds more like you. how can that be?

One liner, two liner..it's still interest, no? he asked to deal with them directly and got the run around. that's the bottom line. it doesn't make sense for them to do this without some sort of interference? you report back telling them he wants to speak with them and they say no? 

That's not the point at all. they are in control of there own company. not you. if they don't want to take control with a simple phone call. it's there loss. they should of said they have no problem speaking with him and taken it from that point. he turned it down due to no communication with them. I don't blame him. he doesn't trust you and you don't trust him. it should of never taken place. that's exactly why I stayed away from this. 

I don't have anymore time to deal with this. I can't stay up till the sun comes up. you still have 8 more hours here. I don't...

I don't think asking for the production company to deal with him directly is out of line. I'm guessing that's the one liners. "have them contact me" it's what he's been saying from the start. has nothing to do with morals or you or the book. It's business, remember? 

You should have never included him based on the last comments you made about him. that's also business 101. 

I'll have to find his comments surrounding all of this. I don't recall him turning anything down but do recall him wanting to speak with them directly. 

You twist things around telling people we were bypassed when it's actually the opposite. I clearly stated multiple times not wanting to get involved. Andrade said about the same but I believe he mentioned it had nothing to do with you. where is any fault in this. who was bypassed when they were asked? 

I'm positive if reversed you would post a load of conditions. one would be direct contact. years have passed and you constantly skew the truth in all of this and still no reality to any of it to date. just a cluster of drama. move on for crying out loud. 

Robert, it appears once again you are speaking for others. you said he only gave you one liners but feel free to fill in the gaps on his decision? he tells others, even while you were present on his forum he wanted to deal with them or speak with them directly. why that wasn't possible is a mystery. if he decided to not get involved because of you or not speaking with the production company or any other reason, then that appears to be his choice. it really doesn't matter what you think. it's his decision, not yours. 

Didn't you post something last year about them finding a writer? I remember the first stall was looking for another company and then a "green light" once the connection was confirmed. then a writer stall. shouldn't a major production company have all of this in place and know who to go after. I'm not trying to be mean but it sounds very low budget. I fail to see a connection to any stalls. budget isn't a problem. why so long getting a writer? they should know everyone. it's hard to understand when I speak with people I know in Hollywood. they have no ties with Cooper either. 

I can ask anything I wish Robert. I won't tolerate bullies. the topic was about the movie and Bruce. your story conflicts with what the other party states. I recall him stating these things while you were still on his site. prior to being banned. you keep bringing these things up and then get upset when things swing the other way. you first claimed on this board that he never responded. then it was a couple one liners and now more comes to light. which was it? the first response was not true at all. not caring about being involved has nothing to do with this. it's part of a discussion started by another member here that I replied to. I'm not worried about anything. I'm relying to statements made. that's how these boards work? I didn't bring it up. 

When I read the same comment about Bruce you made recently, I believe it's the same. you claim they are looking at two writers. and say it's hard to find one with a good solid track record..I remembered the statement you made in 2018. 

"Received message this morning, followed by a Skype. A writer has finally been chosen to tell the Kenny Christiansen story for the upcoming picture. l was asked for my approval, but that was just a courtesy by the producers. I said ‘sure’. This screenwriter has a solid track record."

You have options on discussion boards. you can reply or ignore. maybe it's you that shouldn't worry so much? no biggie. 

On 7/15/2019 at 11:34 AM, The Cooper Vortex said:

My latest episode is up now. I discuss Ed Edwards with John Cameron. Enjoy!
https://thecoopervortex.podbean.com/e/db-cooper-was-a-serial-killer-john-cameron/

I gave this one a listen while driving home from Virginia yesterday. There is definitely a story to be told about Edwards, but there is simply no way that he was involved in all of these crimes. No way. Enjoyed the podcast though. I've listened to all of them except the Blevins one...for obvious reasons.

28 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Because it is above your head? Yeah...that must be it. No cracker for you. B|

I didn't listen to it either. So that makes two of us. 

No. It's because I don't buy into lies and confirmation bias. Plus, I have at least half of a brain which is far more than enough for anyone to see that Kenny Christiansen isn't DB Cooper. 

Other studio came on board according to you in January of 2018. this is close to what you stated on TMN. 

March 2018, you said the deal was finalized on the second company and were actively seeking a screenwriter. actually, you state this in April, 2018.

September 2018, you made the comment that a screenwriter was chosen (solid track record) and confirmed further through Skype. 

Over a year later you now claim they have two in mind ( not chosen) and stating it's hard finding one with a solid track record. you go further claiming the chosen screenwriter was prior to the merger.

I do realize things take time. it appears to have questionable facts surrounding the timeline though.

This is no different than disputing a suspect or someone stating something about the case. you post these things and feel you are immune from a challenge? if you found discrepancies like this on anyone else wouldn't you question them? this is why I keep saying things don't make sense. also, for the authority you claim to have with these companies tells me it's possibly an independent film? Large Hollywood ticket production companies wouldn't do this. they call it "the slamming of the door" you get demanding and they drop you in a New York minute. it just sounds like a stall and a questionable timeline. I don't think the world would be on the edge of there seats when the Cooper anniversary comes around. nothing wrong at all with a independent film, by the way...

Bruce, he's dealing with a death at the moment. 

9 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

I gave this one a listen while driving home from Virginia yesterday. There is definitely a story to be told about Edwards, but there is simply no way that he was involved in all of these crimes. No way. Enjoyed the podcast though. I've listened to all of them...

Thank you. I appreciate it.

• Like 1

No worries. the post says it all...

We will pickup the Bruce saga once he returns and feels like getting back in the track. I don't believe everything he says. you forget, a lot, of what you say in the past. it's the totality that counts. I don't think it belongs here just as the other comments. a proper channel will be provided in the future. not where you think either..