47 47
quade

DB Cooper

16 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

It's not really the point of not finding anything north. it's whether or not they were looking in the right spot to begin with. as time progressed, even the FBI admits it might be further south than first thought...doscuments even back then put the possibilities all the way to the Columbia..that's a lot of ground and tells me they really didn't know. I think they did the best they could for that period...

I didn't notice the parachute until I checked a high res version, it is on the FBI flight path map..

schollmap.jpeg.c3af2e9ed3867511455304c92e8ea434.jpeg

Derek, was just wondering about you today. I see you still haven't grown up. these childish games only work in school. boy, you sure got me this time, right? what is a "private laptop" you would be better off saying desktop as I don't own a laptop. perhaps a tablet. can those be "private" too lmao. 

Those are childish remarks similar to what Derek does. kind of like the threats of law suits you pull. you really believe those guys on Bruce's site. I have a pretty good idea who they are and it's not Georger. you are letting this get the best of you. how many times have they showed up to an event you've had. who has been harassed outside of yourself? you claim most were friends from the eclipse camp out. how many were ID'd and harassed? pretty lame excuse. no pictures of any other tents set up. almost a dozen people and all you say was it was fun? it doesn't make much sense IMHO. 

Should I call the police about Derek. should I get a bodyguard. those are serious accusations? it's not "that person" it's Derek. 

You have been told time after time about the Amboy chute. it's still considered part of the case regardless of it's involvement. I'll ask you once again. who was suspect 3 and why won't they tell us. he was eliminated so why won't they tell us? you fail to understand basic procedure. they will not discuss anything in an open case. most LE have this set in place. it's not there job to tell you exactly what they did with anything. 

It is NOT there job to tell you anything. they hold a press conference if needed. they have explained what they have and know about the chute. you are putting them on trial based on media coverage. when they tell you they can not discuss an open case that gives them the right to NOT tell you anything as I mentioned 100 times before.

Similar to not showing photo's. you have similar rules that apply...do you ever go to bed before the sun comes up? 

You were banned in 2014 due to your OWN actions. my site doesn't concern you. in fact, you recently stated that you no longer go to those sites. even though this will be the 20 or 30th attempt. 

You flip the coin and you will see that a lot of people hold back from posting here due to the presents of yourself. you are looking for the perfect world. it's not going to happen. you piss and moan about others and explode when the fuse it lit near you? you are more negative than anyone I've seen online. it's constant with the off topic rants. constant. it's 5 AM and you are pounding away. I have to go to work in the real world while you live here in this world. you would never hide behind another profile to stir the pot, would ya? :) it's funny how you do the very same things you preach against.. 

Try and focus on Cooper and less about what others are doing elsewhere. I only commented on Bruce's site to explain that Eric is not posting as Lynn on my forum. that's a little above the typical trash talk. this constant bickering and accusations are what got the thread shutdown the second time. you are curbing it to the third with the off topic rants.

The topic was from your post. a recent one. a legit question was asked. you always show empty camps but claim many are there. you decided to go off topic whining about other forums. 

I will be reporting the personal attack "that's why I called you a phony" 

Robert, if none of this bothers you we wouldn't constantly read about it. more than half the comments here from you are pot stirring. putting the thread right back to where it left off. 

Report what you wish. Anyone researching your off and on appearances at Dropzone will soon notice that your first post often refers to me, or something AB of Seattle is doing.

The post with the comment above has also been reported. it's another false allegation/ character assassination. you are far from the main topic on my forum. you haven't been discussed in a long time. you were mentioned yesterday due to accusing another member from here of being from Bruce's site. all he did was ask about the camping trip and got the third degree. you dredge up old comments and repeat them over and over. 

I suggest you either discuss Cooper or hangout with the truck boys at Nissan. if you don't want questions coming your way. I suggest you don't post anything you wouldn't want to be confronted about. this is a public forum. questions are asked, in case you didn't realize that. 

Robert, I'll make this clear as I can. I really don't care what you do in regards to my forum. it's of no concern of yours. what happens on The Mountain News is not NEWS here either unless it has something to do with Cooper. those comments made there are not funny. I have no control over it anymore than you do. suck it up. deal with it. you don't see me reporting Derek's comments all over the place. they were nasty comments but it is what it is. we move on. 

You have a short memory. nothing was mixed up in regards to accusing someone of being from Bruce's site. who else would make such a comment. me, fly, Eric? not many here. wonder why. possibly filling up with drama, again?

I don't have the luxury you have of staying up till the sun comes up. I have a business to run. I can't sleep the day away. this is not my life nor is it a job. it might be for you since it appears to be all you have. I don't have anymore time to deal with you. I guess I will see you in the morning. 

3 hours ago, 812Shadow said:

There is no way that an experienced skydiver would have done that jump in the manner he did. 

I am in no way advocating for SP, but I too would like to know why you say that.

26 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

...dressed in loafers and a cheap suit...

I've said before that the suit would be no problem. The loafers, more so. You yourself said that Cooper had another bag with him that you speculated might contain better footwear. A pair of goggles would be helpful too. On the other hand, if he was hanging out in the terminal in that red and white jumpsuit, blue helmet, and a pair of French Paraboots, he would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

(edited)

Robert and Dave, would you two please stop bickering? And I'm not looking for an explanation of why you do, just stop. Please. You both seem like fine folks who have done great research into this case, and I enjoy reading those posts.

I threw this question out there once, and none of you bit - Have any of you ever made a jump? I wish I could get all you guys out to my drop zone, where my cohorts and I could take you all up on a load. There's something therapeutic about being at altitude, looking out over great distance, getting in the door, grabbing a faceful of wind and flicking out to fly - fly like a ROCK! You all might find yourselves laughing with each other. Heaven forbid...

Edited by dudeman17

33 minutes ago, EJU said:

Daily DB Cooper Bite. I discuss my impressions of the Columbia River and the plausibility of the money arriving on Tena Bar via water or dredge.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DBCooperChannel

I agree about the suction dredge, extremely unlikely for the money to end up as it did going through a suctions dredge. 

There was a massive clamshell dredge/barge operation right across on Sauvie Island in 76/77, that is a possibility.

I did research on river flow and shape.. TBAR was known as an area for junk to wash up.. The steep drop off close to shore actually creates a higher current and can throw stuff up from the bottom. During a high flow period the location of TBAR relative to the Columbia's right turn and steep drop would create a condition which would throw debris up from the bottom onto the shore.

Also, regarding human intervention, if it were why does that mean it was Cooper and he buried it??

Money buried dry, this isn't necessarily true..  the money's edges will fan out when thrown in the water but it will compress and stick together over time when fully saturated. The fanning effect is temporary.

Water damaged packets of money will eventually stick together in a brick..

moneywaterdamage.jpg.b0f1fa4e5140bd2beeb91b7afdd829b2.jpg

(edited)
17 hours ago, 812Shadow said:

Sheridan Peterson was a well known skydiver.  There is no way that an experienced skydiver would have done that jump in the manner he did.  An article said the investigator had been reportedly on this case for years.  How long has he been investigating?

I've been jumping for just over half a century, still active. Have jumped from a jet, DC 9-21 in 2006. Also made a wildly unstable high speed test jump from a firewalled C 130. Only in hindsight would I have any good ideas on how to make a successful night wilderness jump carrying a payload from a 727 flying well above stall speed. Cooper was innovative and gutsy as hell. Balls of steel, truly.

I wish 812 Shadow would post how he would have executed the skyjack jump. I assume from his comments that he too is a seasoned jumper. 

Peterson is superbly qualified to have successfully executed the skyjack: expert skydiver, USPA instructor, USFS smoke jumper, ex Boeing tech document editor, innovative jumper (early wing suiter with homemade gear), USMC WW2 veteran, etc. He has made night jumps, water jumps and wilderness jumps. 

Ability and guilt are not the same things however. In math terms they are nearly orthogonal. Ted Braden (deceased MAC SOG jumper) was also well-qualified, as were many others. 

There is no evidence that unequivocally puts Peterson on the skyjacked aircraft. ZERO. Sheridan Peterson is presumed innocent until proven otherwise. He has no obligation to respond to or refute anything.

FBI SA (rtd) MJ Fryar who took Peterson's DNA sample and still considers him a viable DBC candidate, recently opined that absent a confession, the case will never be solved. 

I volunteered to represent Sheridan Peterson pro bono in federal court if he is ever charged with the crime. I am very confident that given the current state of evidence, no conviction would result. 

Edited by 377

(edited)
15 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

What he means, and what I explained in my WordPress article, is that Sheridan Peterson was a well-prepared customer at his local dropzone, as well as the many other places he jumped. Hundreds, maybe thousands of jumps. The idea that he would travel 7,000 miles from Tibet to Portland, Oregon to hijack a plane for money dressed in loafers and a cheap suit...a night jump no less...well, you get the idea. 

It fits much better than Kenny, who worked for the very same airline did this over strikes? a guy who appears to have never made a threat to anyone in his life? a guy who doesn't match the description other than being male? bald, short, pale skin. Tina couldn't tell he was the same height? you go after Sheridan about the eye's. if you read the 302's you would notice she claims she wasn't sure.

If you read the 302's about the bomb and the statements made by the witnesses they don't match what the Sheriff wrote in his notes but match what your witness said. that sends a red flag IMO. you always go by the witness statements to the crime. the Sheriff obviously was mistaken or even the agent. his flight path notes are misleading as well. not intended but none the less.

Making a bomb out of rolls of quarters makes no sense. wood dowels would work much better. add up the amount. it's a lot of money for a person you claim was as poor as they come. even though it was well known that Kenny was good with money and purchasing property. this would cost Kenny $320 to make in quarters. a roll of quarters weight one half pound. that's 16 pounds of fake bomb. then the battery. this would be flimsy and very noticeable since he carried it around for an unknown period. probably end up in a "S" form/shape. $320 in 1971 to today is $2,023.44.

The $5,000 loan you say Kenny gave out would be like me loaning you $31,616.30 today.

His mortgage was $18 a month, if not mistaken. it sounds funny but was equivalent to $113.82 which again is a lot of money in 1971.

Flo stated the following " the bundle consisted of 6 or 8 reddish colored sticks...she believed they were taped together" (reference to all the sticks bundled. not pieces like rolls of quarters taped and bundled) no mention of color with the wire.

Tina's statement..."approx. 8 cylindrical objects about 6 to 8 inches long with 4 of the items being placed on top of the other banded with some sort of tape" (this again is in reference to the sticks being banded together.)

These statements were taken shortly after landing in Reno. fresh in there minds. 

Lots more to add, but you guys get the idea. lets not forget that Kenny remained at Northwest earning "low wages" for two more decades after the hijacking. I don't believe Peterson or Kenny was Cooper but I would bend more towards Peterson IMHO. 

Edited by mrshutter45

4 hours ago, 377 said:

I've been jumping for just over half a century, still active. Have jumped from a jet, DC 9-21 in 2006. Also made a wildly unstable high speed test jump from a firewalled C 130. Only in hindsight would I have any good ideas on how to make a successful night wilderness jump carrying a payload from a 727 flying well above stall speed. Cooper was innovative and gutsy as hell. Balls of steel, truly.

I wish 812 Shadow would post how he would have executed the skyjack jump. I assume from his comments that he too is a seasoned jumper. 

Peterson is superbly qualified to have successfully executed the skyjack: expert skydiver, USPA instructor, USFS smoke jumper, ex Boeing tech document editor, innovative jumper (early wing suiter with homemade gear), USMC WW2 veteran, etc. He has made night jumps, water jumps and wilderness jumps. 

Ability and guilt are not the same things however. In math terms they are nearly orthogonal. Ted Braden (deceased MAC SOG jumper) was also well-qualified, as were many others. 

There is no evidence that unequivocally puts Peterson on the skyjacked aircraft. ZERO. Sheridan Peterson is presumed innocent until proven otherwise. He has no obligation to respond to or refute anything.

FBI SA (rtd) MJ Fryar who took Peterson's DNA sample and still considers him a viable DBC candidate, recently opined that absent a confession, the case will never be solved. 

I volunteered to represent Sheridan Peterson pro bono in federal court if he is ever charged with the crime. I am very confident that given the current state of evidence, no conviction would result. 

How would you have executed the jump? Better yet: if someone came to you with the following conditions then how would you reccomend they execute a jump?

Night, freezing cold, rain, wind, drop zone is in mountainous and forested area, speed is over 200 miles per hour, plane is not a typical skydiving plane, you're carrying 200,000 dollars however much that weighs.  

Do you wear a helmet, gloves, goggles? Altimeter? Boots? Flashlight? Jumpsuit?

If DB Cooper was a skydiver then he did a great job of fooling everyone.  The FBI says he was not experienced.  I read that somewhere but can't remember where.