47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I remember seeing something on tv once where this guy claimed he was at a party a day or two before the money find and someone at the party told him that the money find was going to happen. The guy said he didn't think much of it until he saw it on the news a couple days later. Any one else remember that, or give it any credence?

(edited)
On 6/20/2019 at 3:23 AM, EJU said:

Daily DB Cooper Bite. I discuss the name "Dan Cooper."

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DBCooperChannel

Name..

Most rational people would deduce that Cooper using a shortened version of his real name would virtually eliminate him as a suspect,, Would Cooper use a version of his real name.. doesn't fit his profile, meticulous, serious?? Didn't want to leave ANY clues behind.. He wouldn't have used his own abbreviated name.. Dan.

Comic..

The Dan Cooper comics were published in about 16 languages but not in english. They included French, German, Korean, Arabic, Spanish and a Mexican Spanish version.. since Cooper was described as Latin/Swarthy/Mexican the Mexican/Spanish version would be a more likely source of exposure (if any) rather than the French Canadian theory. 

The Dan Cooper comics were not childish, they were extremely technical and even political. Many non-English military aviators read them..

After studying these Comics extensively, it is likely a coincidence or Cooper may have had some exposure to the Mexican Spanish version.

Edited by FLYJACK

Our latest episode with Dr David Coutcher is up. Dr Coutcher claims Frank Morris and the Anglin Brothers are responsible for the DB Cooper skyjacking, Zodiac, Phantom Killings, and Jon Benet. Enjoy!

https://thecoopervortex.podbean.com/e/db-cooper-escaped-from-alcatraz-dr-david-coutcher/
https://pod.link/1439712498

• Like 1

(edited)

L55376548B was the bill on the top one of the of the packets the Ingrams had that Ralph Himmelsbach Id'd as matching the FBI list.

This top bill is NOT blackened, if the FBI did use Silver Nitrate to fingerprint bills they would have fingerprinted this bill, the top one, they didn't. There was no record of SN being used and this bill would have been the primary target for fingerprinting.

404784788_g01Billfront.jpg.b478874083e50ad8b948252e33f3f099.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 10:42 AM, FLYJACK said:

L55376548B was the bill on the top one of the of the packets the Ingrams had that Ralph Himmelsbach Id'd as matching the FBI list.

This top bill is NOT blackened, if the FBI did use Silver Nitrate to fingerprint bills they would have fingerprinted this bill, the top one, they didn't. There was no record of SN being used and this bill would have been the primary target for fingerprinting.

404784788_g01Billfront.jpg.b478874083e50ad8b948252e33f3f099.jpg

Found something interesting…

The FBI files show that Cooper used two matchbooks.. One his and one supplied by Tina. Tosaw’s book distinguishes further. According to Tina the matchbook Cooper had said “Earn a High School Diploma” and Tina went to grab company matches from a cabinet.. Cooper recovered and took the first empty matchbook. Sky Chef supplied catering for flights..

That “suggests” the Sky Chef matches did not come from Cooper at all but were grabbed by Tina on the plane.

I found these vintage matchbooks,,  from ICS in Scranton PA.

s-l1600.jpg.96faa55ce67280179c57997a399a6d36.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg.e66e5819a719309c03593757bd0ef36b.jpg

Also from Tosaw’s book.. 

Cooper had 2 drinks.

Money in packets of $2000 strapped in PAPER BANDS and some had additional rubber bands, corroborates Tina, H and Bank letter to FBI..

Cooper offered 2 packets of money to stews, other than Tina.

Cooper demanded flaps down but flight ops was calculating range and they went back and asked Cooper, he then said 15 degrees. 

Soderlind suggested SF or LA, and a second stop in Yuma.. and “Cooper was advised that it wasn’t necessary for the plane to stop anywhere in the US, but in any event he did not want to stop at either SF or LA because those cities were too big.” Reno was suggested by Soderlind and Cooper agreed.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, EJU said:

Daily DB Cooper Bite. I discuss Bachelor Island and the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge.

Complete bunk…

The FBI walked back the Cowlitz Sheriff claims to say they could NOT confirm the Placard was from Norjak. Evidence suggests it is unlikely.

The wind was NOT a fact, according to FBI docs it was an estimate based from Portland and Salem averaged over an hour. Wind data closer to the area and jump zone have winds from the SSE to S.

Robert Nicholson’s placard drift calculations are wrong. 

The flight path is backed up by the AF, F106 Pilots, Boeing, NWA and ATC….

The TBAR money being found on TBAR doesn’t mean Cooper landed nearby and buried it there, that is poor logic.

Eric’s confirmation bias has ignored and distorted facts to push his extremely speculative theory. The premise for a western flightpath is about as weak as you can get.

Edited by FLYJACK

5 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Complete bunk…

The FBI walked back the Cowlitz Sheriff claims to say they could NOT confirm the Placard was from Norjak. Evidence suggests it is unlikely.

The wind was NOT a fact, according to FBI docs it was an estimate based from Portland and Salem averaged over an hour. Wind data closer to the area and jump zone have winds from the SSE to S.

Robert Nicholson’s placard drift calculations are wrong. 

The flight path is backed up by the AF, F106 Pilots, Boeing, NWA and ATC….

The TBAR money being found on TBAR doesn’t mean Cooper landed nearby and buried it there, that is poor logic.

Eric’s confirmation bias has ignored and distorted facts to push his extremely speculative theory. The premise for a western flightpath is about as weak as you can get.

Fly Jack.  I agree.  How could so many different people be wrong about where the plane was?  

I was looking at your picture of the $20 bill.  What are the little holes in the bill and how did the edges end up looking like they are cut or chewed?  That bill does not look like it was buried for 10 years or had been wet.  Are there bugs that live in sand that would do that or fish?

1 hour ago, JJG78 said:

Fly Jack.  I agree.  How could so many different people be wrong about where the plane was?  

I was looking at your picture of the $20 bill.  What are the little holes in the bill and how did the edges end up looking like they are cut or chewed?  That bill does not look like it was buried for 10 years or had been wet.  Are there bugs that live in sand that would do that or fish?

It looks like termite damage. I am looking into the few species of termites in the PNW.. there are two types,, dampwood termite and subterranean termite.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Marty Andrade and I wrote the book "Finding DB Cooper; Chasing the Last Lead" and I'm doing an AMA on my webpage. I believe Cooper survived the jump, that Max Gunther's book "DB Cooper: What Really Happened" gives us a partial account of the real story of DB Cooper, and that the Tina Bar money came up with the dredge. I know I'm new here but I've been on other forums for years. Thanks for reading.

7 hours ago, Andrade1812 said:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Marty Andrade and I wrote the book "Finding DB Cooper; Chasing the Last Lead" and I'm doing an AMA on my webpage. I believe Cooper survived the jump, that Max Gunther's book "DB Cooper: What Really Happened" gives us a partial account of the real story of DB Cooper, and that the Tina Bar money came up with the dredge. I know I'm new here but I've been on other forums for years. Thanks for reading.

Welcome! Bring more people with you so we can hear about more topics.  

I asked a while ago on this page about the dredge.  Do you know where the dredge started?  I hear a lot that the money was deposited on the sand bar.  But where did it come from if it was dredged?

On 6/26/2019 at 9:26 AM, EJU said:

Daily DB Cooper Bite. I discuss some of the discrepancies in the case.

This matches and confirms the FBI flight path. Norjak veered East (about 8:12, jump estimate) and then turned right, this is incompatible with a western flightpath.

FBI FILE #10 P419

__________ WAS INFORMED _________ PORTLAND AIRPORT, THAT TWO CHASE PLANES WHICH WERE FOLLOWING FIVE MILES BEHIND  HIJACKED AIRCRAFT SUDDENLY VEERED TO THE EAST AND THEREAFTER MADE A RIGHT TURN. THE POINT OF THEIR CHANGE OF COURSE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN CLOSE PROXIMITY IN TIME AND LOCATION TO THAT BELIEVED WHERE THE UNSUB DEPARTED THE AIRCRAFT.

pathveer.jpeg.3e9c7c646068161e08616faa5d6f06c4.jpeg

On 6/26/2019 at 8:42 PM, JJG78 said:

Welcome! Bring more people with you so we can hear about more topics.  

I asked a while ago on this page about the dredge.  Do you know where the dredge started?  I hear a lot that the money was deposited on the sand bar.  But where did it come from if it was dredged?

I'm not sure where the dredge picked up the money, but there was 90,000 cubic yards of material dredged in 74 onto Tena Bar, so the dredge covered a lot of ground. The money would have been upstream of Tena Bar on the river bottom, north of the confluence of the Columbia and Williamette rivers.

As for how it came to rest in the sediment of the Columbia river, I have theories based on speculation, and I don't like speculation.

7 hours ago, Andrade1812 said:

I'm not sure where the dredge picked up the money, but there was 90,000 cubic yards of material dredged in 74 onto Tena Bar, so the dredge covered a lot of ground. The money would have been upstream of Tena Bar on the river bottom, north of the confluence of the Columbia and Williamette rivers.

As for how it came to rest in the sediment of the Columbia river, I have theories based on speculation, and I don't like speculation.

I don't see the money going through a suction dredge and ending up as it did. 

But, speculation has its place and is necessary to advance things like all cases, however, not all speculation is created equal.

In this case, all speculation is attacked disparaged and ridiculed as bad thing, that is nonsense. Speculation should be judged as reasonable or unreasonable. The reason this case is so fascinating is because there are actually few 100% facts.

An alternate flight path is unreasonable speculation as it is contradicted by many facts. The dredge is reasonable speculation, (I just don't think the money would go through and end up like it did).