W

258.75 - 281.25

WNW

281.25 - 303.75

NW

303.75 - 326.25

NNW

326.25 - 348.75

I know the direction, you miss the point, the application of the data is crap.. it is a guess, a poor proxy, it is for Portland and Salem, not where the placard was found or Cooper's possible LZ. Even worse, it is an average for an entire hour between 8-9 PM.. If you check Toledo at 8 or 9, Seattle at 8 and even Portland at 7- 8, the wind was ESE to S.. shifting later to SSW..  

Does anybody think using wind data 60-100 miles away averaged over an hour has any legitimacy..

"We cannot discuss the parachute found in the Amboy area. It is evidence in an ongoing case..."

Correct, even if it turns out not to be evidence in the case. it's still considered evidence surrounding the case. you fail to understand this for years. If suspect # 27 is eliminated. ask them about him and you will get the same response. it's still part of the case.

9 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

The directions was given for those who don't know directions in degree's..

ok, got it. Sorry. I posted the wind stuff before and nobody seems to grasp how important it is that the FBI estimated winds... The alt flightpath crowd uses it as fact.

I found this..

"An Army helicopter was sent to check out “something white’ which turned out to be a piece of plastic, probably left by a logging crew nine miles northwest of the main search area. "

https://newspaperarchive.com/argus-nov-28-1971-p-1/

helicopterplastic.jpeg

5 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

"We cannot discuss the parachute found in the Amboy area. It is evidence in an ongoing case..."

Correct, even if it turns out not to be evidence in the case. it's still considered evidence surrounding the case. you fail to understand this for years. If suspect # 27 is eliminated. ask them about him and you will get the same response. it's still part of the case.

speaking of evidence.. I still suspect the FBI mixed up the chutes from Cossey and Hayden with the chute going back to Hayden the one Hayden chute not sent to the plane.

haydenchuteonerecovered.jpeg.32244b3d58c8e0062ea894bbe6064e21.jpeg

2 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Yes, this is what I've been telling you. they used another plane to cover sections at a time of the flight path.

retraced.png

I know that...  the "helicopter" found a piece of white plastic 9 miles NW of search area on Nov 28...  they assumed it was left by a logging crew. Could that have been the plastic access door? They didn't know the placard was missing then..

Further, the tests were planned to include a night flight and the sled test Jan 6. The sled test was done during the day and all the pics were during the day. They allude to the night test as being over the flightpath (see the lights of Portland). 

no, the file reads that it's available for day and night flights. I found tons of info surrounding the drop test. you would find similar amounts surrounding any path simulation. it also shows a pattern of delay's from the original time slated for late December. I spent a couple hours collecting the data. 

3 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

the 302's are very clear on the drop test. video and stills were taken. numerous pages surrounding the event. a similar amount would be found if a path simulation took place. nothing is in the files what so ever. 

date change.png

not necessarily, if it was at night..

You confuse the flightpath search for a test with the 727.. different purposes.

The FBI doc didn't state available night and day,, 

"we could do both the day and night time flights on that day"

and they discuss in context of the test,, lights of Portland and distinctive lights

norjakdaynight.jpeg

norjaktestflight.jpeg

2 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

somebody put the panel back in the stairwell. it can be seen in the photo above the door. 

closeup.png

The emergency access panel doesn't go to the top, the main is 2.5x larger so I'd guess it is about 8" x 10" or so. It would be completely hidden behind the main door in that pic.

(edited)
12 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

the photo you showed looks to me as if the panel goes to the ceiling. that's where I noticed the metal strip stopped. I don't see a break in the middle. 

727controldoor11.jpg.7ac2640b009b4101b581bc1618981417.jpg

On the right there is a line that stops just above the finger holes.. that should be the top of the access panel.. this pic is a little misleading, if you look at the angles at the top, the main panel and access door are at very different angles.. this plane is not in service..

727controldoor11.jpg.7ac2640b009b4101b581bc1618981417.jpg.fa80a37dbadc890469d7f67e6d8f2add.jpg

727eadoor.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

If it stops just above the holes. no room for a placard? is there another pic to be found..

I didn't see the bottom portion. the placard would not be on that part. it's too small. the placard must of been above the panel or beside it..

Edited by mrshutter45

(edited)
16 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

If it stops just above the holes. no room for a placard? is there another pic to be found..

I was trying to figure that out, the angle in that image distorts, the placard may fit just under the holes, but the rivet/screws don't make sense to me.. the access door may not be exactly the same for all planes. The Boeing doc stated that the main door is 2.5x larger.. and all information confirms finger pulls.

My opinion is that it probably didn't come from that plane, but still trying to sort it out.

Real images are tough to find.. diagrams show a decal on the access door, but if that placard doesn't fit on the door it probably didn't come from that plane,, hard to tell though.

This is the only other real pic I could find,, appears to be a placard on the emergency access door.

727airstairdoorplac.jpeg.e49c844157048ab57b787bbfb7e15237.jpeg

Edited by FLYJACK

They should of noticed the hole in the wall if he removed the panel...I think Hominid is right that adhesive held the placards in place. that's why I say it's like a decal. it was very thin plastic. they only use rivets or screws with plates with numbers on them or things they want to try and survive a crash. 

they originally wanted to test over a lake east of Seattle..

(edited)
4 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

They should of noticed the hole in the wall if he removed the panel...I think Hominid is right that adhesive held the placards in place. that's why I say it's like a decal. it was very thin plastic. they only use rivets or screws with plates with numbers on them or things they want to try and survive a crash. 

they originally wanted to test over a lake east of Seattle..

I agree, you'd think it would be an adhesive decal.. the placard found wasn't and it had those rivet/screw holes.. I can't find any "placard" examples like that.

Would one of the 727 prototypes have use rivets/screws for the placard?

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)
9 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

The damage could result from Cooper or the jet stream on it's exit..it looks like it was attached but wasn't other than adhesive. they are not riveted on the exterior either..

One possibility is that the placard was stuck on the access door just below the finger holes,, the rivet/screws held the access door to the panel but released when pulled, The placard would be below those. Note that there is no rivet/screw on the top center of the placard.

placardaa.jpg.5bd014983435772525a710ba3a1f0ae8.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK