47 47
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)
35 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

I'm not saying it was a decal, thin like a decal. thin plastic separates it from a decal. it's obviously thin enough to tear easily.

Rivets can be done easily by the mechanics. I have several different pop rivet guns that are manual and air..

I agree like a decal, but no adhesive.. a thin plastic placard? thin enough to easily fold.

but why rivets/screws?? I can't find any airplane placard using rivets/screws.. did they fasten the access door and (they) release from the wall with the door?? if so then the door finger holes must have been above the placard and the placard blew off the access door after leaving the plane. A missing access door would have been noticed.

and does it look like it was in the forest for 7 years? not really..

Edited by FLYJACK

I never said it had rivets or screws? always thought that was you...

I doubt enough wind got in the stairs to do that. I see piano hinges holding the doors. those are strong. I can see Cooper tearing off the placard or the door and if he was right handed it would go down the stairs. 

Pictures are needed of the interior of those stairs to verify it had two doors. they should of easily noticed the door missing. they said they didn't notice it missing until after the testing. nothing about a door. only the placard. if it didn't have this function. it didn't come from 305. 

(edited)
18 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

The only possibility would be the historical society for Northwest in Minnesota. boeing only sells the plane..

One of those docs I posted quoted Boeing for furnishing numbers of 727's with optional "emergency airstair release" installed and after kits sold. They have the info,,

Edited by FLYJACK

EJU-I don't see Sheridan Peterson as a strong suspect.  I have some free time this weekend and will do some looking into more details on him.  How does he feel about being named as DB Cooper at aged 93 years?  When will you do more videos on suspects?

3 minutes ago, JJG78 said:

EJU-I don't see Sheridan Peterson as a strong suspect.  I have some free time this weekend and will do some looking into more details on him.  How does he feel about being named as DB Cooper at aged 93 years?  When will you do more videos on suspects?

JJG78--

Keep in mind that the Daily DB Cooper Bite doesn't afford me the opportunity to make much of a case for Sheridan. That said, I have a 137-page report called DB Cooper: The Definitive Investigation of Sheridan Peterson that goes into much more detail. If you send me an email to [email protected] I'll send you a PDF copy, for free of course.

My plan is to feature a suspect every week or so.

I should be clear that I think Sheridan is "likely" DB Cooper. Thus far, I have been unable to prove it. In essence, the FBI and I are in the same boat.

1 hour ago, EJU said:

Daily DB Cooper Bite. I discuss where the rest of the ransom may be.

You really think this was a "one off" crime for Cooper?  He got the title of "master criminal" with his first caper?  Chances are he was a convicted felon and could not have traveled to Asia or Switzerland to launder the money.  As far as time constraints, he probably already had a plan in place to off the evidence ASAP.  If I was compiling a list of possibilities, I would at least consider what was written in Ha Ha Ha, that he diversified it including silver coin since Nixon just ended the Bretton Woods gold standard.

Here is pic of a 727 with the optional "emergency air stair release" you can see the access door with the two finger holes, it removes completely.. and there are two placards on the main door, they don't appear to match the Hick's placard.

This plane was from a 727C "combi" 1969..

S/N 20278 768 B727-077C JT8D-7A(HK3) 10/31/69 TRANS AUSTRALIAN AIR EXPRESS

I blurred out the person's face.

727controldoor11.jpg.7ac2640b009b4101b581bc1618981417.jpg

I think the photo I posted might still have something. take a look at the ceiling above the controls for the stairs. you will see a metal strip going all the way up to the point where the panel would be that would come off. the metal would make it harder to get the panel out. if this is the case. the panel was never taken off..

touched up stairs.jpg

A & B would be a huge break in the case if it was found not being evidence? the odds are extremely low but trying to validate things is part of investigating. 

several newspapers stated the placard came from a 727 but failed to mention 305. the test crew stated seeing the placard before but not after the testing. this justifies trying to validate whether or not 305 had the emergency panel on the plane. 

If the panel is exactly like the one Flyjack has shown recently. the panel can be seen in the photo I provided. that would mean Cooper failed to use the system correctly. the panel has to come off to access the handle. 

The next problem would be NWO failing to train crew members correctly. Tina explained how to use the stairs. Cooper had problems with them. this could be from failing to use the emergency access. the final problem could be that Tina was correct and showed Cooper the only way to release the stairs from the inside being one option. 

These are things you look over dealing with a cold case. finding problems overlooked. this is not just a question whether or not the placard came from 305. if it did. other factors are involved. 

If not mistaken. the question of Cooper hiding inside the stairwell came up in the 302's several days after the search. that means the panels /walls were looked over and that's when they could of noticed the placard missing. this would suggest once again that Tina nor Cooper were aware the panel was there. in frustration Cooper tore the placard off. when you open the normal release panel door. it swings to the right covering the panel. if they were not properly trained they would believe the first access door was the emergency release. this exact same problem occurred with Continental airlines Flyjack posted. 

(edited)

Another 727 with what may be a placard where the "emergency release" access door is. This is the best image I can grab.

The other image seems to indicate that it is closer to 6" tall x 8" wide, the right size to fit on the emergency access door and still expose the finger holes.

727airstairdoorplac.jpeg

plac12.jpg

727 Ventral airstair panel placard "STAIR CONTROL" without the optional "Emergency release"

727ventralcontrola.jpg.1be8e9ebea1a46f6baff010526b6104f.jpgpam_am11.jpg.0c51d7297e527bf22b0604f5e1e7c805.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)

The statement suggests they took the plane over the flightpath for the testing. When they said the placard "matches" the plane they must have meant "same type" not "same one".

"The FBI had earlier said the Lake Mcrwin area appeared to be the prime area for the landing. The placard finding site, however, would put it possibly six minutes earlier in the flight when he jumped. FBI spokesman Kay Mathis in Seattle put a word of caution on the finding of the placard by admitting that it was possible the plastic piece, 8 by 11 inches in size, may have been knocked off after the Cooper flight rather than during it. He said also it was possible it was knocked off after Cooper opened the door over about Olympia and several minutes before he actually jumped. "We took the Cooper plane up after the hijacking and simulated a drop by a parachutist." he said. "We noticed the decal was missing after that but not before." However, Mathis said they were not certain if the placard, or decal, was on the plane before they made the simulated runs."

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/215258951/

Edited by FLYJACK

You really need to go by the 302's in some cases. why would they drop 300 lb test sleds over land? they had no chutes on them that's why they went over the ocean. this testimony is years after the fact. all they know is a test was done. no real reason to use the flight path checking for pressure bumps and oscillations. 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

You really need to go by the 302's in some cases. why would they drop 300 lb test sleds over land? they had no chutes on them that's why they went over the ocean. this testimony is years after the fact. all they know is a test was done. no real reason to use the flight path checking for pressure bumps and oscillations. 

Of course, the sled was dropped over the Ocean.. that doesn't mean they didn't also fly over the flightpath. The FBI had the Placard for months when they made that (media) statement, don't you think they would have figured out where the plane was when it performed any tests.

That statement implies that the plane ALSO flew over the flightpath otherwise they would have easily ruled it out.

Edited by FLYJACK

I have been saying for years the steps were partially down soon after takeoff. that would be pulling the normal lever dropping the stairs in a free-fall. the wind would prevent the stairs from lowering until weight was applied. Olympia is about where he would of pulled the lever. that's a long distance from where it was found. the transcripts can not move the oscillation to the 8:05 position. 

(edited)

they don't need the 727 to retrace the path...you read in the 302's where they were retracing the path looking for a chute. 

They had no reason to doubt the data in 1971 vs today. 

we would of surely seen 302's concerning the plane retracing the path. nothing of the sort is found. we have jump maps, and data on the testing over the ocean. nothing, except news reports from agents who were not there or fully involved in the case making statements. 

Edited by mrshutter45

5 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

I have been saying for years the steps were partially down soon after takeoff. that would be pulling the normal lever dropping the stairs in a free-fall. the wind would prevent the stairs from lowering until weight was applied. Olympia is about where he would of pulled the lever. that's a long distance from where it was found. the transcripts can not move the oscillation to the 8:05 position. 

If the Placard was from Cooper scenario,,

Airstairs lowered by Cooper, having trouble pulls emergency access door off wall drops it on stairs above actual ventral stair.

8:04/8:05 he returns to interphone to talk

he immediately goes back down airstairs kicking the "emergency access door" down and out as he descends to the bottom.  Placard drifts back along Flightpath.

jumps 8:09/11

But now that is in question if that Placard came off later or another 727...

I always thought it looked to good to be in the woods for 7 years.