47 47
quade

DB Cooper

NMIWrecks

Are you tired of looking for a phantom, unemployed, Hispanic, French Canadian, comic book reading, aerospace engineer with no discernible accent? Are you sick of having the same dozen suspects paraded before you, even though they don't match the general description of the Cooper suspect and have been "ruled out" according the the FBI's website? Different height, eye color, facial features, etc.

If you think it's possible the Cooper suspect was a no pull, then take a look at Dick Lepsy (see attachments below). Same height, weight, hair color and eye color as the Cooper suspect was reported to have.

I've heard a few ridiculous reasons why it couldn't be Lepsy. One of these notions is "If we consider Lepsy, then we have to consider everybody!" If everybody is 6' tall, weighs around 180 pounds and has black hair and brown eyes and disappeared around the time of the skyjacking, then YES, maybe we should consider them. The idea that there is an army of missing persons our there fitting this description is preposterous. Please show me these phantom missing persons.

One guy even said if we consider Lepsy as a suspect, then we should consider his dad a suspect also. If his dad was 6' tall, weighed around 180 pounds and had black hair and brown eyes and disappeared around the time of the skyjacking, and resembled both FBI sketches, then YES, we should definitely take a good look at his father! Tell us more!

Feel free to comment and give your opinion. Along with your opinion, I ask you answer these simple questions:

What’s the biggest mystery you've solved?

What’s the biggest cold case you've cracked?

If you have never solved a mystery or closed a cold case, then you don’t have the kahunas to take on this case. Arguing minutia about the so called facts of this case doesn't make one a sleuth, it makes one a douche bag. Thoughts?

Yup. I'm tired of the same ol' parade.

So tell us more about Lepsy - what did the cops say about him in their investigation? How does a grocery clerk escape to Meyhico and then steal an airplane, learning all about the metrics of a 727 on the way?

What about his love life? Anything on the side?

How about drugs?

Ya gotta give us more than the pix, Nimi Wrecks.

As for my kahunas, I prefer to call them cajones. Yea, I think they're big enough. They don't call me Cousin Brucie for nuttin', ya know.

"...Where is Cooper's money today? Three possible places. First, bottom of the Columbia and long since rotted away. Second, hung up in a tree or part of a hole in the ground. Third...and most likely I think...long since spent, worn out, and eventually shredded by the Bureau of Printing and Engraving in Washington, DC."

Don't leave out Warehouse 13. The money could be sitting right next to Cossey's NB-8, gathering dust.

one made before she cut her hair and stopped dyeing it.

Try for a 1990 pic....Bluish Dark teal blue suit.
The face fits but not the hair. I just know if that is a 1994 pic that is not what I am looking for. Duane was at a new location in 1994.

1989 to 1993. In 1993 Duane moved the shop to Davis Hwy - so we are talking around 1989 to 1993 - not before or after.

I was still selling insurance & it was before he moved the shop to Davis in 1993. The Davis location was a looser. Smile & face is similar but younger or at least trying to look younger...

1994 the shop was closed and in 1993 it was on Davis....so the target is 1989 to 1992 are the best shots I have.

BYE!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

BruceSmith

So tell us more about Lepsy - what did the cops say about him in their investigation? How does a grocery clerk escape to Mexico and then steal an airplane, learning all about the metrics of a 727 on the way?

How about drugs?

As for my kahunas, I prefer to call them cajones. Yea, I think they're big enough. They don't call me Cousin Brucie for nuttin', ya know.

Good questions. Here is what I know:

The missing grocery store money was investigated jointly by the Michigan State Police and the Grayling Police Department. All records from both agencies have been purged. I talked with the only surviving officer of the Grayling Police Department during that time and he vaguely remembers the incident. He recalls a suspicion that Lepsy had fled to Mexico with a paramour, but the person in question was found not to have left the area. There are no missing women from that time period in the Grayling area.

I want to be careful what I say here. Allegedly, Lepsy confessed to his wife that he had an affair with one of his employees, months before he disappeared. She had just graduated from high school. Yes Bruce, she was very attractive.

Nobody knows of Lepsy's activities in Mexico, so it's anybodies guess how he could have learned about 727s. It's my understanding the Cooper suspect didn't know how to open the aft stairs and had to be shown. Book smart?

There are whispers of a Mexican drug connection. For years, grocery stores in small towns where thought to be the distribution center for drugs being delivered by trucks carrying produce from southern states. All rumors, but there are rumors.

RobertMBlevins

. A description no one agrees on that could fit 100,000 guys in America. Hell...they aren't even sure he was even from the good old USA.

Ahhh, the phantom army of suspects is referenced again! Please, show me some of these guys who fit the description of being about 6 feet tall, weighing 180 pounds, brown eyes, black hair, and hasn't been seen since thanksgiving of 71. Feel free to add no discernible accent and a tan like someone who has been spending time in Mexico.

Before the "usual suspects" chime in about the usual suspects who survived the jump, remember this: There's been 43 years to prove the Cooper suspect survived, and there hasn't been a shred of evidence that he did. Nada, zip, zero, zilch. Any of the evidence that has been presented thus far would be laughed out of court. It should be a lot easier to prove the Cooper suspect survived, than to prove he perished after four decades, wouldn't you think?

NMIWrecks

So tell us more about Lepsy - what did the cops say about him in their investigation? How does a grocery clerk escape to Mexico and then steal an airplane, learning all about the metrics of a 727 on the way?

How about drugs?

The missing grocery store money was investigated jointly by the Michigan State Police and the Grayling Police Department. All records from both agencies have been purged. I talked with the only surviving officer of the Grayling Police Department during that time and he vaguely remembers the incident. He recalls a suspicion that Lepsy had fled to Mexico with a paramour, but the person in question was found not to have left the area. There are no missing women from that time period in the Grayling area.

I want to be careful what I say here. Allegedly, Lepsy confessed to his wife that he had an affair with one of his employees, months before he disappeared. She had just graduated from high school. Yes Bruce, she was very attractive.

Nobody knows of Lepsy's activities in Mexico, so it's anybodies guess how he could have learned about 727s. It's my understanding the Cooper suspect didn't know how to open the aft stairs and had to be shown. Book smart?

There are whispers of a Mexican drug connection. For years, grocery stores in small towns where thought to be the distribution center for drugs being delivered by trucks carrying produce from southern states. All rumors, but there are rumors.

How about the wife and daughter? What have they turned up? They've been active in finding Dick, such as Sally Jesse Raphael. What do they say about DB C?

As for solving cases, in my case not so much. In fact, after I solve the DB Cooper caper I'd like address the number one question of my life: why did those women marry me?

Just can't figure it out. Know what I'm sayin'?

BruceSmith

How about drugs?

How about the wife and daughter? What have they turned up? They've been active in finding Dick, such as Sally Jesse Raphael. What do they say about DB C?

The children (three sons and a daughter) have thought for years that their father resembles the FBI Cooper suspect sketches. They did not bring this to their mother's attention because of her fragile condition concerning their father's disappearance. Lepsy's wife never remarried or even dated after his disappearance.

Lepsy's daughter finally listed him on missing person websites (NAMUS, etc.) as a missing person in 2011, around the time of the death of her mother. Lepsy has not been seen or heard from since his disappearance. It's like he fell of the edge of the Earth, or landed in the Columbia...

Robert, could we please drop the notion that the witnesses were is disagreement with their descriptions? Sure, the ones who never paid attention to him probably can't describe him well. But the ones who did all had very similar descriptions. This is yet another attempt to change history and the facts of the case.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

Blevins will not even ask the family about Margie Geestman.

I want a pic made around 1988 to 1992 - if he knows the family he should be able to produce a picture....

Blevins is so closed mind to anyone else being Cooper that he is so full of it - he is AFRAID to show Duane pic to Margie and when she went POOF - I know WHY.

Blevins will not acknowledge Margie and without her actually coming forward with what she told him - Blevins story is crap - produce a sound of mind Margie - he can't.

If I could down load her pic without changing her facial features I could have some on show exactly what Margie looked like earlier....why Blevins just made the pic of her in here earlier yrs go POOF..

Margie is the woman who came to see Duane and Blevins can give every excuse in the book....but if the FBI ACTUALLY investigated Margie and Geestman -they would find the things I told for yrs was correct...

I know in my heart what is true - so the likes of Blevins can just go POOF.

If I live thru this stuff and someone actually steps up to the plate before everyone dead - the FBI could prove who Cooper is and was and it was not KC.

skyjack71

Blevins will not even ask the family about Margie Geestman.

I want a pic made around 1988 to 1992 - if he knows the family he should be able to produce a picture....

Blevins is so closed mind to anyone else being Cooper that he is so full of it - he is AFRAID to show Duane pic to Margie and when she went POOF - I know WHY.

Blevins will not acknowledge Margie and without her actually coming forward with what she told him - Blevins story is crap - produce a sound of mind Margie - he can't.

If I could down load her pic without changing her facial features I could have some on show exactly what Margie looked like earlier....why Blevins just made the pic of her in here earlier yrs go POOF..

Margie is the woman who came to see Duane and Blevins can give every excuse in the book....but if the FBI ACTUALLY investigated Margie and Geestman -they would find the things I told for yrs was correct...

I know in my heart what is true - so the likes of Blevins can just go POOF.

If I live thru this stuff and someone actually steps up to the plate before everyone dead - the FBI could prove who Cooper is and was and it was not KC.

OKay, let me get this straight:

1. Duane is related to Stan Gilliam, the flight engineer at Boeing.

2. Duane knew Margie Geestman, wife of Bernie.

Anything else?

ParrotheadVol

Robert, could we please drop the notion that the witnesses were is disagreement with their descriptions? Sure, the ones who never paid attention to him probably can't describe him well. But the ones who did all had very similar descriptions. This is yet another attempt to change history and the facts of the case.

It may be time for us to develop a unified witness profile:

1. Tina: DBC was 5'10 - 6', gentleman, mid-40s; sat with skyjacker for 5 hours. Had to look up to see skyjacker.

2. Flo: DBC was 6'-6'1", Latin, deep brown eyes, mid-40s; interacted with skyjacker for less than fifteen minutes.

3. Alice: unknown

4. Robert Gregory: DBC was mid-30's, marcelled hair, russet suit coat, but RG told the Seattle Times afterwards that he was sitting in the front of the cabin and didn't see the skyjacker until the passengers stood up to leave the plane at Sea-Tac. Nevertheless, the FBI wrote down in their files that Gregory was sitting initially in Row 18 with Cooper, according to Geoffrey Gray.

5: Bill Mitchell: skyjacker was an "old" guy, nerdy looking with bad hair, and a turkey gobble under his chin. But skyjacker didn't have HUGE ears like Duane. Bill sat in Row 18, and at 6'2" and 220, was "way bigger" than skyjacker.

6. Jack Almstad, came to the rear lavatory and joked with the skyjacker and Tina as he waited to use the rest room. Almstad says the skyjacker looked like the sketches he later saw "in the newspapers."

Who else? What other descriptions?

Five passengers volunteered themselves to talk with the feds in the terminal, saying they had seen the skyjacker: Mitchell, Gregory, Labonissiere, and two others that I forget.

BruceSmith

"...all three stews selected different combinations from the FBI's Facial Identification Catalog..."

How do you know this, Bobby. Where can we go to confirm it?

Thanks!

And even if true, doesn't mean jack.

Blevins also says:

"You believe it is my job to somehow 'prove' to you that Kenny Christiansen was DB Cooper. And I understand that many of you don't believe he was."

Wrong again Robert. It isn't "many" of us that don't believe it, it's "all" of us. I know of 3 people who have claimed belief that Kenny was Cooper: You, Skip & the kid that said he was going to jump off the bridge. That's it.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

BruceSmith

***Robert, could we please drop the notion that the witnesses were is disagreement with their descriptions? Sure, the ones who never paid attention to him probably can't describe him well. But the ones who did all had very similar descriptions. This is yet another attempt to change history and the facts of the case.

It may be time for us to develop a unified witness profile:

5: Bill Mitchell: skyjacker was an "old" guy, nerdy looking with bad hair, and a turkey gobble under his chin. But skyjacker didn't have HUGE ears like Duane. Bill sat in Row 18, and at 6'2" and 220, was "way bigger" than skyjacker.

Who else? What other descriptions?

Five passengers volunteered themselves to talk with the feds in the terminal, saying they had seen the skyjacker: Mitchell, Gregory, Labonissiere, and two others that I forget.

Bill Mitchell pegged the Cooper suspect's age as 40 years old.

"...I didn't answer Bruce's question on it because I knew he was either playing dumb or he hasn't seen Geoff Gray's book. One of the references appears in his book. He even gives the catalog combinations for Flo and Tina. There are other references, and I'm sure Bruce knew this all along when he asked...."

Nope. Didn't know. I'll have to re-check GG's book.

BruceSmith

1. Duane is related to Stan Gilliam, the flight engineer at Boeing.

AS USUAL YOU CAN'T GET FACTS CORRECT.

STANLEY GILLIAM WAS MARRIED TO THE GOD CHILD OF HIS MOTHER.

I HAVE POSTED THE DEATH NOTICE OF STANLEY GILLIAMS WIFE IN THIS THREAD - NOW YOU GO FIND IT...

I HAVE JUST HAD A SURGICAL PROCEDURE..
IT IS ON THE COMPUTER - CHECK OUT STANLEY GILLIAM AND FIND HIS WIFE'S NAME. CHECK OUT HIS WIFE'S BACKGROUND - I HAVE POSTED ALL OF THIS IN THE THREAD SO YOU GO FIND IT.

I REFUSE TO DO THIS ALL OVER AGAIN.
YOU READ ONLY WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO READ AND YOU ALWAYS TWIST WHAT YOU FIND.

REMEMBER THAT DUANE'S MOTHERS' BEST FRIEND GAVE BIRTH A MONTH BEFORE OR AFTER,
HER BEST FRIEND GAVE TO DUANE L. WEBER - HELL, YOU LOOK IT UP. THEY GAVE ME A DRUG TODAY THAT HAS ME ALL SCREWED UP.

ALL OF THAT IS IN THIS THREAD.

THE DAUGHTER OF DUANE'S MOTHER'S BEST FRIEND MARRIED STANLEY GILLIAM....SHE MET STANLEY AT THUN AIRPORT.

STANLEY GILLIAM AND DUANE'S BROTHER KNEW AND WORKED WITH EACH OTHER AND EVEN MADE AN INVESTMENT TOGETHER IN WA.

HOW MANY TIME HAVE I ASKED SOMEONE TO PULL THE RECORDS FOR COMMERCIAL PROPERTY IN THE TACOMA - PUYALLUP AREA. YEA, I KNOW THAT IS MISSPELLED.

THEY DID THIS IN A JOINT VENTURE OR LIMITED WHATEVER...IT WAS COMMERCIAL AND IT WAS BAD TIMING AND IT WENT DOWN....SOMEONE ELSE TOLD ME IT WAS BURNED DOWN.

STANLEY GILLIAM WAS MARRIED TO THE GOD CHILD OF HIS MOTHER....

...I HAVE POSTED THE DEATH NOTICE OF STANLEY GILLIAMS WIFE IN THIS THREAD ...

RE...MEMBER THAT DUANE'S MOTHERS' BEST FRIEND GAVE BIRTH A MONTH BEFORE OR AFTER,
HER BEST FRIEND GAVE TO DUANE L. WEBER ...

...THE DAUGHTER OF DUANE'S MOTHER'S BEST FRIEND MARRIED STANLEY GILLIAM....SHE MET STANLEY AT THUN AIRPORT.

STANLEY GILLIAM AND DUANE'S BROTHER KNEW AND WORKED WITH EACH OTHER AND EVEN MADE AN INVESTMENT TOGETHER IN WA.

Okay, So Stan and Duane were related through the marriage of a godchild AND Stan had a financial deal with Duane's brother.

Next, Florence, Tina and Alice all picked different facial types fromt the FBI, such as KK-5, KA3-9, AND a few others. But WTF does that mean? Are they close or radically different? Again, GG doesn't say and he makes me crazy with leaving those details out.

Your remark about Alice!

(JO INSERTS ) SHE DID THE BEST SHE COULD - WHEN SHE GOT A CHANCE. She was working the forward cabin..

" Nevertheless, the FBI wrote down in their files that Gregory was sitting initially in Row 18 with Cooper, according to Geoffrey Gray."

(JO- INSERTS) - JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING GREY WROTE ABOUT GREGORY WAS FOR A STORY & LITTLE OF IT WAS FACTUAL. GREY EVEN CLAIMED ALICE SAW COOPER IN A RUSSET SWEATER AFTER EMERGING FROM WASHROOM - THAT IS A LIE....IT DID NOT HAPPEN & ALICE SAW NO SUCH THING!

Jack Almstad, came to the rear lavatory and joked with the skyjacker and Tina as he waited to use the rest room. Almstad says the skyjacker looked like the sketches he later saw "in the newspapers.

(JO INSERTS) -IS ALMSTAD STILL ALIVE?

RobertMBlevins

'Next, Florence, Tina and Alice all picked different facial types fromt the FBI, such as KK-5, KA3-9, AND a few others. But WTF does that mean? Are they close or radically different? Again, GG doesn't say and he makes me crazy with leaving those details out...'

We actually agree on this concept. Gray's book provides more insight than any previous book to events during the hijacking and directly afterward. And yes...he leaves off some important points.

Look let's get down to cases here. We would have figured out (for sure) whether KC was the guy by now if only Skipp Porteous hadn't decided to put the freeze on Gray while Skipp and I were working on the whole KC thing.

Here's the bottom line deal, I think: Gray knows THIS much about KC. Skipp and I know THIS much about KC. Everyone's checking out KC at the same time. Since Skipp was the liaison with Gray, and I heard he was consulting with him sometimes...I just figured they were still exchanging information. But Skipp decided to cut Gray from the information loop and he didn't tell anyone about it. Not even me.

I found out when Gray released his book. I had a pre-order in at Amazon and it came the day of release. Fine...I read it. Starts out talking about Kenny. It is HEAVILY Kenny...but to my amazement I can tell Gray doesn't have a clue that we're investigating KC's closest associates. There is nothing about them.

So...I ask Skipp Porteous WTF is going on? He tells me he kept Gray in the dark. Well, fuckin' A bubba, that's great. While I'm on a search for the frickin' truth on KC, you cut out the guy who actually investigated him first. Why didn't you keep him updated? Maybe HE could have interviewed some of the same people I did and then maybe I wouldn't be left holding the bag without support from a second source!

Do you see where the screw-up here is? And why I had to keep investigating KC on my own? That sucked. Maybe if we'd all worked together, I told Porteous...etc. He later apologized for doing that. But it was too late. Now you have two books out there, one ABOUT KC, the other covering him quite a bit...and NEITHER is complete. Neither comes to a definite conclusion. So time was wasted settling the KC question once and for all. You can understand I was pissed off for a while about this whole situation. I shut down my editing business for more than a year (pays a LOT more than anything Cooper LOL) and had to keep traveling around and interviewing people, etc.

After that all happened, I provided Gray with every file we had on KC, and I mean EVERYTHING. I keep him updated, even today. I think he's moved on from DB Cooper, though.

Non-Cooper:
Microslave (er...I mean MicroSOFT) is developing their HoloLens device. It can't be explained. Just watch the amazing video on how it will work. This is sci-fi Future World stuff. Google Glass? LOL. This one is way better.

I told our techie guy Greg I gotta have one of these when they come out.

Skippy sounds like a wonderful fellow.

thousandthings

***"..... I mean even McCoy types were carrying real weapons.....

"

Actually, Mac's 45 was empty and the grenade was a dummy paperweight. Yah, real, but non-functional. Mac said the guy sitting across the isle was a big football type that could have taken him out in a second and he was scared to death that he might! A lot of little facts are hidden in the FBI training film of his hijacking, like wing tip shoes on the FBI Agent delivering the money... Mac helped make the film, if that gives you any clues.

Bob Knoss

Gosh..this Cooper case is a labyrinth and I aint a Cooper royalty ...I seriously have no clue what are you taking about...help me understand where can I read more about what u saying...the film etc.

It's make believe, pure fantasy.
Delusions of grandeur and all.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

If Gray didn't state that someone else did. Maybe it was in a private communication, but the story I was told about what Alice said is ALL BUNK! I know that for a FACT!

She didn't see a sweater that supposedly Cooper put on in the lavatory. She disclaimed the story that was either in Grey's book or in an email sent to me.

I did not fabricate that story.

Perhaps it was mentioned by someone in this thread...if it is not in the book - WHO made that claim? Definite not Jo Weber.

Now that I am home perhaps I can locate the source, but not for a few days. I have been keeping up with the thread thru a computer in the hotels.

Now you guys know I have NOT been home......! Now I am!

Time for some truths to be told by a lot of individuals who had done nothing but create myths.

KC was NOT Cooper!

ALL bunk1

Such as the story on page 105.

Duane was not ashen and his face was NOt swollen when he was in the hospital.

5 days - not true.

In a wheel chair - not until the last 2 days.

Smoking Salem - again bunk and not true.

I never considered an obit or his story, because I did not grasp what he told me until 1 yr and 3 months after his death.

Duane's abdomen had been swollen for yrs because of the over sized one kidney that had been doing all of the work.

The story Duane told me was 9 days before he died and he was complete co-herent and had been refusing to take the morphine for 2 days.

When I found morphine tablet under his pillow wrapped in tissue was 3 days before he died - and stupid me told the nurse and then for the final 3 days of his life they made him stick his tongue out to be sure he swallowed the pills.

The confession was only after he refused diaylysis after not taking the med.

That was nine days before he died.

Gray made up a lot of his story & got an awful lot of the information I shared with him screwed up.

Duane's last words on the bottom of page 106 are the only things he did not change.
Duane's last words are the only thing he got right. I Love You was his final words.

Gray did not tell the truth!....He wrote a book and that is all he did - and most of it was fiction and some of the truths are so screwed up it is dreadful.