47 47
quade

DB Cooper

"...Between the Bruce Smith interview of the Dormuth family, sister and brother-in-law of Tina Mucklow (after they saw it, they decided never to discuss the case again)..."

That's not what Lee Dormuth told me. He said I would be welcome to c'mon back and talk if I had "anything big to report."

Lee had already established his "hard to get" posture before I showed up. He admitted to me on his front doorsteps that a half-dozen journalists were trying to get hold of him.

In fact, that's why I was on his front stoop - he had refused to answer any of my emails and letters, so I knocked on his front door.

RobertMBlevins

******Yes, we did. Today, I hit the 'send' button on an email to the Seattle FBI. Attached was the final report on Kenny Christiansen in a linked PDF. After editing, it ended up at 74 pages of witness testimony (with their contact information), documents, pictures, and some general overview of the evidence. It's a fairly complex document.

Robert, there's no link for pdf?

It's a confidential document. Contains many folks' contact information, etc. We have to give the Seattle FBI a chance at it first. A few other people have seen it, but only ones we know and trust.

Sorry...for now it has to be that way. I'll post up the public document that contains the main points. All I can do. :)

Oh...missed the point completely. Anyways...will wait for results...curious!

Marketing and nonsense posting.

If I survive all I have to endure for the next 3 months then I will go to WA.

In the mean time - you guys can put up with the ridiculous postings of Bruce & his 'problem'. SICK SICK SICK! I for one do not want to STICK around because of his nasty & disgusting postings. His hidden enudenos I have had enough of.

He is NOT allowed to post like that on the OTHER site...so why is he ALLOWED to behave that way in this thread?

Blevins you destroyed any credibility you might have had with the coin story...about time you had an awakening. Did you even consider the weight of the coins - and the fact if one wanted to make a dummy explosive - it would have been much easier to have wrapped a round dowel with a wrapping similar to a stick of dynamite.

EVEN if they told you that story - did it ever occur to you that someone is taking you for a ride & another thought crossed my mind....do those people actually read all of the stuff you write about them in this thread? Does their community & neighbors know about all of this? Aren't they the lease bit embarrassed by stories such as the coin dynamite?

I have a lot on my plate right now & responding to some of the ridiculous postings of recent is a complete waste of my valuable time.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

RobertMBlevins

************Yes, we did. Today, I hit the 'send' button on an email to the Seattle FBI. Attached was the final report on Kenny Christiansen in a linked PDF. After editing, it ended up at 74 pages of witness testimony (with their contact information), documents, pictures, and some general overview of the evidence. It's a fairly complex document.

It's a confidential document. Contains many folks' contact information, etc. We have to give the Seattle FBI a chance at it first. A few other people have seen it, but only ones we know and trust.

Sorry...for now it has to be that way. I'll post up the public document that contains the main points. All I can do. :)

Oh...missed the point completely. Anyways...will wait for results...curious!

It's no big deal. Truly...I would LOVE to post the entire document up publicly at our website. It's too big a file to post to Dropzone anyway. It far exceeds their file limit, due to the heavy number of images.

But I have to ensure that the witnesses named in the document don't get hassled by the public before the FBI decides whether or not to question them. If there is no action on it by the Seattle FBI over the next few weeks, I will make it publicly available on our website, and to the media. The only thing I will leave off the public version will be the phone numbers and email addresses of the witnesses. I will leave their true names and the towns where they live in place. The media can have the full version, though. Those will go out on an individual basis.

EDIT: I guess I can post up the cover letter and first sheet of the report. Has the Table of Contents so you can kind of see where we went with it.

Hmm...read the cover letter, doesn't say much but then I agree with your stand. No point detailing the report for public viewing, it'll only create needless mess. Let's see how the story unfolds...again curious!

RobertMBlevins

No big deal, but the private book editing gig I do on weekends is picking up. I just finished doing a short book for a Kindle upload. Maybe five hours work and I collected $200. Cooper? Ha...that edit job paid more than we get from Blast in a 60-day period for the Kindle version. No one will ever get rich from frickin' DB Cooper. I can guarantee it.

It's a money pit worse than the Tom Hanks' film of the same name...;)

Now you are telling me .... ;)

RobertMBlevins

******Yes, we did. Today, I hit the 'send' button on an email to the Seattle FBI. Attached was the final report on Kenny Christiansen in a linked PDF. After editing, it ended up at 74 pages of witness testimony (with their contact information), documents, pictures, and some general overview of the evidence. It's a fairly complex document.

Hmm interesting!! It sure seems like Geetmans have more to hide than a nasty divorce...besides Cooper case, isn't it possible that they have indeed done something else? Some other crime that they are hiding and are nervous that in the Cooper mess may be that'll be uncovered instead?

I doubt anyone sells a property n goes incognito if u r innocent or uninvolved. No one steals a freaking logbook from 1971 or pictures or buys or sells wagon for just 1 use.
Sounds odd...but then so is digging in Cooper case...

Anyways, KC does seem way off the popular composite and despite Geof Gray's claims of various versions of the composite, I am sure the one out is most likely. I mean FBI though foolish, is not just a bunch of fools. Why release an incorrect composite? And if they did then probably Nixon conspiracy theory is likely...(gosh...I gotta stop now)

There have been fellow passengers (I remember one who was a boy in 20s then & a football player or something) who claimed he got a pretty good look of Cooper primarily caz he was getting all the attention n all. However I seriously think it was all made up, Cooper by then was wearing thick dark glasses and was clearly away from direct sight of most so for such people to get it wrong is pretty likely and maybe that's why there exists various composites.

I guess this is one of those cases where every Tom n Harry has an opinion...can't deny I am getting sucked into Cooper addiction myself...gosh need to get a life :P

RobertMBlevins

******No big deal, but the private book editing gig I do on weekends is picking up. I just finished doing a short book for a Kindle upload. Maybe five hours work and I collected $200. Cooper? Ha...that edit job paid more than we get from Blast in a 60-day period for the Kindle version. No one will ever get rich from frickin' DB Cooper. I can guarantee it.

It's a money pit worse than the Tom Hanks' film of the same name...;)

Now you are telling me .... ;)

Oh, you can make a buck at Kindle by regurgitating the case. There are Cooper books aplenty at Amazon, and all of them sell here or there to a degree.

Just don't be stupid enough (like me) to spend more than ten grand of your own money chasing a suspect...

And then be even stupider (I guess) by turning down $2,500 from History Channel...(because I thought my appearance would be more credible if I did it for free)

And another $1,000 from Comcast Sports for the Adrenaline Hunter episode with Bethy Rossos...(Same reason. Had more fun on this one because Bethy jumps from an airplane over the woods with an extra 22 pounds of cargo. Her first time skydiving, it was cool.) Picture attached from that.

I have provided an unedited copy of the report to the Tacoma News Tribune. I was going to start with the Seattle Times, but they are sort of lacking in email addresses for the prime staff. Mostly phone numbers.

"Turn down money"...Which school did you go to? :P:D:ph34r:

One of my Uncles was working for Forest Dept types and was assigned as investigator in a case where the Vendor was charged with cutting/using more of the wooded area than was allotted to him. When the inquiry began he approached this uncle with bag full or cash, asking for favors. Uncle refused but it turned out later that he was indeed on the right side and was acquitted.

Uncle forever wondered as to why he even approached him with cash! And I am sure he did regret turning it down as well :D

True story!

School? State University of Stupid, I guess.

:D:D:D

The guy your uncle checked out may have thought he was cutting illegally, even if he wasn't sure about it.

yup presuming you were batchmates:P

Update: I know I said back there that I was going to give the Seattle FBI a couple of weeks with the KC report before releasing it to the media. And then I handed off an unedited copy to the Tribune.

I thought about it for a while today. The FBI's had forty-plus years to solve the case and they have not done so to date. Since they've had their chance, I figured it was fair to give the media a running start on Kenny as well.

Anyways didn't get this...are you giving it to media right away?

thousandthings

sure will keep an eye...curious to read the story and your research

BTW, I just perused the FBI's website on Cooper, and guess what I read:

"And what of some of the names pegged as Cooper? None have panned out. Duane Weber, who claimed to be Cooper on his deathbed, was ruled out by DNA testing (we lifted a DNA sample from Cooper’s tie in 2001). Kenneth Christiansen, named in a recent magazine article, didn’t match the physical description and was a skilled paratrooper. Richard McCoy, who died in 1974, also didn’t match the description and was at home the day after the hijacking having Thanksgiving dinner with his family in Utah, an unlikely scenario unless he had help.

RobertMBlevins

******sure will keep an eye...curious to read the story and your research

BTW, I just perused the FBI's website on Cooper, and guess what I read:

"And what of some of the names pegged as Cooper? None have panned out. Duane Weber, who claimed to be Cooper on his deathbed, was ruled out by DNA testing (we lifted a DNA sample from Cooper’s tie in 2001). Kenneth Christiansen, named in a recent magazine article, didn’t match the physical description and was a skilled paratrooper. Richard McCoy, who died in 1974, also didn’t match the description and was at home the day after the hijacking having Thanksgiving dinner with his family in Utah, an unlikely scenario unless he had help.

Yeah. I have seen that entry on Christiansen. It's the one they posted up about him in December 2007...it is a response to the Geoff Gray article...and precedes any real investigation into Christiansen.

I didn't even come aboard until early 2009. The FBI entry on Christiansen was already there.

Here is my response: Things change.

To Bruce Smith: Is this image you require for a Kindle book, or for print use? Big difference in image requirements. I probably have what you need. You will have to give an example of which sketch is named #2, though. I never cataloged them that way.

I'm good. I picked up a pix from the PI website. t'anks.

NOT ALL OF THE INFORMATION ON THEIR SITE IS TRUE....

YOU GUYS ARE GETTING SUCKED INTO THE VORTEX.

THE FBI DID NOT PICK UP ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HAVE BELONGED TO WEBER UNTIL MARCH OF 2003 & IT WAS LATE 2007 BEFORE THEY DID ANY TESTING AT ALL.

I HAVE THE RECEIPTS & THE ITEMS & EACH PIECE IS MARKED & DATED ALONG WITH A PAPER THE FBI AGENT ACCIDENTALLY LEFT IN THE BOX. HE CALLED ME & WAS AFRAID HE WOULD GET IN TROUBLE ABOUT IT...HE WAS A NEWBIE.

THEN HE CALLS BACK & SAID HE DIDN'T NEED IT! FRANTIC & THEN IT IS OK? ODD DO YOU NOT THINK?

HE WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE LEFT THE LETTER & RESULT SHEET WITH THE DNA....IT GAVE DATES OF EACH TESTING....

THE FBI DID NOT EVEN ASK FOR DNA UNTIL 2003!

THEN THEY DID NOT TEST IT FOR OVER 4 YRS. SOME OF IT WAS NOT TESTED UNTIL EARLY 2008 - I AM RECALLING THIS FROM MEMORY, BECAUSE ALL OF THAT STUFF IS IN A VAULT.

IN 2000 I HAD MET MY NEW HUSBAND AND IN 2001 I HAD SOLD MY HOME AND MOVED IN TO HIS HOUSE.....I GOT RID OF ALMOST EVERYTHING - WHAT I KEPT HAD BEEN IN A HOT FLORIDA ATTIC FOR 4 YRS WHEN THEY ASKED FOR DNA.

THE THINGS I KEPT I DID NOT EVEN KNOW IF HE EVER TOUCHED & A BOYFRIEND HAD USED THE RAZOR & SO HAD I. I CLEANED IT BEFORE I PUT IT AWAY.

I AM A CLEAN ALHOLIC! THE ITEMS I GAVE HIM HIS LAST CHRISTMAS HE NEVER TOUCHED ( JUST SENTIMENTAL OF OUR LAST CHRISTMAS). THE TOOLS I WAS NOT SURE HE TOUCHED - A MAN HAD BOUGHT MOST OF THE TOOLS BUT ONE ITEM WAS VERY OLD - IT LOOKED LIKE ONE HE HAD USED, BUT I WAS NOT SURE IT WAS THE SAME ONE & THAT WAS OUT WITH MY THEN CURRENT HUSBANDS TOOLS.

THE ONLY THING I KNOW I HAVE THAT MIGHT HAVE WEBER'S DNA WAS THE OLD BRIDGE HE HAD REPLACED...BUT I DID NOT LET THE FBI HAVE THAT OR OTHER TREASURED ITEMS...THEY HAD ALL BEEN CLEANED. I TOLD THEM WHEN THEY PICKED THE STUFF UP THAT I DIDN'T KNOW IF THEY HAD DNA ON THEM OR NOT.

SOME ITEMS WOULD HAVE HAD MY NEW HUSBAND'S DNA AS HE HAD USED THE LATHE....BUT WAS UNCERTAIN DUANE HAD.

A HAIR THAT WAS INSIDE OF A SUIT - GAVE AWAY WAS TRIED ON BY ANOTHER MAN...THE HAIR LOOKED TO LONG AND STRAIGHT TO BE DUANE'S...I INFORMED THE FBI OF THIS.

AFTER ALL DUANE HAD BEEN DEAD FOR OVER 15 MONTHS WHEN I REALIZED WHAT HE HAD TRIED TO TELL ME. NINE YRS HAD GONE BY SINCE HIS DEATH WHEN THE FBI ASKED FOR DNA.

I COULD NOT VOUCH FOR ANY OF IT HAVING DUANE'S DNA. I HAVE 2 WATCHES HE WORE BUT NO WAY WAS I GOING TO LET THEM HAVE EITHER WATCH...IT WAS MANY YRS LATER THEY RETURNED THE DNA STUFF.

THE WATCHES WOULD NEVER HAVE COME HOME...I HAVE OFFERED TO TAKE THE WATCHES IN TO BE SQUABBED - AS THEY HAVE EXPANSION BANDS...THE FBI SEEMINLY IS NOT INTERESTED...MAYBE I SHOULD GET SOMEONE ELSE TO SWAB THEM & SEND THE SWABS TO THE FBI.

WHAT HAPPENS IF THAT SWAB DOES NOT MATCH THE OTHER STUFF? THANKS FOR REMINDING ME - MAYBE I SHOULD DEMAND THEY SWAB THE ITEMS.

IF ANYONE KNOWS AN INVESTIGATIVE AGENCY WILLING TO SWAB THEM & ABSORD THE EXPENSE - I WILL TAKE THEM TO THEM.

THEN THE FBI COULD COMPARE THE SUPPOSED DNA OF WEBER TO WHAT THEY THINK IS COOPER'S PARTICIAL DNA. IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THEY DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH DNA TO MAKE A POSITIVE ID...ONLY ENOUGHT TO NARROW THE FIELD.

THE TIE WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND FOR 4 DAYS & BACK THEN WE KNEW LITTLE ABOUT DNA.

SO ANYONE KNOW SOMEONE WITH ENOUGH SPARE CASH LAYING AROUND TO GET THOSE WATCHES SWABBED?

I received an interesting email from Moriarty today that contained clips from Seattle Times postings on the T-Day weekend in 1971.

One reporter, Ed Wyne (?) interviewed Robert Gregory, aka Mr. Marcelled Hair, Russet Jacket and mid-30's, who told him that he never looked at Cooper until the de-planing was going on. Gregory was up front and looked back at Cooper in the rear of the cabin. Sounds like a lot of info from just a glance.

Nevertheless, Uncle Bob's relatives told us in Tacoma that he loved to talk about his skyjacking experience.

Funny, too, how the FBI wrote down in their files that Gregory sat next to Cooper in Row 18. Didn't the FBI agents read the morning papers over their coffee and donuts?

What are we going to do with these civil servants!

Wyne also interview Billy M, who said all he remembers is Tina fixated on That Old Guy. Poor Billy. I know how he feels. We gotta take a road trip to Tina and scratch an itch, if you catch my drift...

What is it about Tina? Billy and Me, and remember that Bill Rataczak bought her a bottle of Chanel No. 5 as a thank you for her heroics with DBC.

Whew, that girl can really get to a guy......sigh...............

RobertMBlevins

I'm good. I picked up a pix from the PI website. t'anks.

Images for Kindle books should be at 96dpi resolution or more for best results.

Images for print books should be at an absolute minimum of 150dpi. 300 is standard. For print, images inserted directly into manuscripts should be made slightly lighter than normal. Not a lot...just SLIGHTLY. This is because the Lightning Source process has a habit of slightly DARKENING the images in a print book.

Digital publishing...good things, bad things. Most are good, though. :)
If you're doing a Kindle version, you will need help. Simply uploading a normal Word doc, the type you would submit on paper to a traditional publisher...will NOT work. What will happen is the Kindle Converter will screw up paragraph indents and other code-induced things...and then Amazon will reject the book. Basically, you have to strip the existing code from a Word doc and then enter other parameters that meet Kindle converter requirements. Otherwise, what you feed into the converter during the process comes out different on the other side and you are left there looking at the preview (they show you a rendition of a Kindle machine and you can see what the book will look like page by page)...and the preview looks like crap. Also, the Word ms must be bookmarked and linked throughout for all navigation items or it will be rejected.

If you don't know how to set up the ms especially for Kindle conversion, you will end up pulling your hair out. Trust me...before I learned the full process it drove me crazy.

This is why people often hire me to adjust their manuscripts to meet Kindle conversion requirements. If you need a free look, let me know. If you say no...you are on your own. And I won't ask you again. ;)

Not my business may be to butt in however I think you are wasting courtesies...

You kindle dropping has gotten me enough curious… explain me how does it work?

RobertMBlevins

As far as witnesses on the flight, I like Bill Mitchell because he sat directly across from Cooper. He told the Washington State History Museum in his 2013 interview that Cooper was 'slight' and that he could have jumped Cooper easily because he was six two and weighed two twenty. He also said this:

***'I remember it was actually sunny, It was one of those North West days where there was lots of clouds around but it was sunny. And it was in the afternoon, and I can’t remember the time but it was still daylight and the sun was out...'

If you are placing so much importance on his testimony, I am presuming you have some good reasons for that and thus, again, I am curious to see your report when it comes out.

In the meantime...read the interview and I still do not find Mitchell's testimony credible (no offense).

My reasons being, no aircraft allows you a good look at someone sitting a few rows apart in the middle seat, irrespective of how tall one is...besides how many times can u look around to stare at a person for no reason...his details of brown shoe and socks...I mean that is difficult to notice even if person is sitting next to you.

One can recognize a recognizable face but recollecting someone's exact facial features, that too of someone wearing thick dark glasses...I think, is a bit stretch of imagination.

I now have a genuine 727 door status warning panel. It will be part of my Cooper shrine which includes a Cooper Twenty and a Seafirst money bag. I am wiring it up to make the airstair door warning light illuminate randomly. Well, semi randomly, to be precise. 28 VDC, a 74121 IC, a light driver transistor and something that changes up the RC time constant for the one shot. Snowmman could make something far more elegant, like tieing the airstair door light trigger to forum posts by Jo that claim Duane was Cooper.

Man is the panel beat up. Scratches, multiple sloppy repaints, really trashed. Hard to imagine so much abuse in a cockpit environment. Ex Continental Airlines according to stickers. I can imagine an FE who is pissed cause he is riding side saddle instead of left seat, pissed that he is still in a 727 when the guys with more seniority are in more modern wide-body acft, so he just doesn't give a damn. Who cares if the panel gets scratched and gouged?

Snowmman, the master of all things technical, gave me a helpful map of which light illuminates for which function. Legends on the light covers are obscured when not backlit. Snowmman could probably trace the SN and tell me if Airtwardo's lovely wife was ever in command of a Continental 727 that contained this particular panel.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Snowmman, the master of all things technical, gave me a helpful map of which light illuminates for which function. Legends on the light covers are obscured when not backlit. Snowmman could probably trace the SN and tell me if Airtwardo's lovely wife was ever in command of a Continental 727 that contained this particular panel.

I was told once how the engineer always had a big metal flashlight handy in case of a problem with the panel...if a light or gauge appeared to be in-op, just start beating on the panel with the back end of the flashlight.

95% of the time it 'fixed' itself! ;)B|

Got a genuine AirMike old beat up flashlight here somewhere if ya need it for your collection! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

GEOFFREY GREY LIED A LOT IN HIS BOOK.

YOUR'S TRULY JO WEBER HAS TALKED TO SEVERAL OF THOSE INDIVIDUALS GEOFFREY SUPPOSEDLY INTERVIEWED & THEY CLAIM THEY DID NOT SAY THE THINGS GEOFFREY CLAIMED....THEY HAD NOT READ HIS BOOK!

THERE WAS NO RUSSETT SWEATER!

TINA DID SEE COOPER'S SHOES - SHE WAS SITTING RIGHT BESIDE HIM & YOU COULD SEE HIS SOCKS FROM THE POSITION ONE WITNESS WAS SITTING IN. HE COULDN'T TELL IF IT WAS SOCKS OR LONG JOHNS HANGING DOWN.

WHY WOULD ONE WITNESS BE JEALOUS OF COOPER - HE COULD HAVE BEEN HER UNCLE OR A FRIEND OF THE FAMILY.

NO ONE HAS EVER MENTIONED IF COOPER CROSSED HIS LEGS AT SOME POINT...........................DUH!

IF GRAY HAD ACCESS TO EXTENSIVE FILES - I WOULD BE VERY SURPRISED!
WHY? I HAVE SPOKE TO SOME OF THE INDIVIDUALS - AND THEY DENY THEY EVER MADE SUCH STATEMENTS AS CLAIMED BY GREY...........[:/]:|:|

WHY DO BOOK WRITERS HAVE TO ENGARNISH THE TRUTH???????????

Take this 1966 prison photo. Lift the head a little, make his hair longer then add sideburns.....my avatar shows his side view with his head down 1966 - he was missing some lower teeth & was 4 yrs older when the crime was commited. Take a hint by looking back at other photos of Weber & note the glasses he wore. Always large rimmed & camoflage of his nose & ears...

In 1971 - Weber had gray hair, but a little temporary dye & you have Cooper. I used the temporary stuff myself - and it made your hair GLOSS and took out the kinka....my own hair was very much like Duane's. Why some thought we were father & daughter ( Duane was 17 yrs older than myself).

Note WEBER's complexion!
My complexion was olive but Weber's was much darker. Cooper's complexion was originally described in the media as LATIN because the individual had not seen that color complex before. No way can one describe olive as latin.

Why did the FBI ignore what the stewardess told them about the complexion?

This one guy who was seemingly jealous of the attention Cooper was getting.....did he not note the difference in the coloring of Tina & this man he was supposedly jealous of?

NO way could he have note noted that she was fair to olive and that Cooper was MUCH DARKER - like he had a tan with a golden patina.

Do the imaging & guess what you get!
Cooper?

Get real!

RobertMBlevins

I like that part of his interview, but yes...the interview in total is crap. It really is. They make Mitchell sound almost incoherent, and he's a college-educated guy. They didn't pin Mitchell down, and sometimes they would cut him off when he tried to answer some questions.

You should probably read Skyjack if you haven't. Pages 95-97 do a pretty good job talking about the witness reports. Author Geoff Gray was allowed access to the original interview reports they did at SeaTac after the passengers got off the plane.

Yes I'll pick it up one of these days...