47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Quiz Update

So, why can't the FBI solve Norjak?

Readers have offered a few more options, so I have expanded the list. Here are your choices:

1. Unlucky.

2. Solid, but they need more resources, another 1,000 agents and $100 million should do it.

3. Top-notch, but some crimes are just unsolvable.

4. Federal bureaucracies are like women: hard to manage, never on time, and rarely get the job done. But they look good doing whatever it is that they do.

5. Okay as cops, but they need more time because DB Cooper is a complicate case with multiple jurisdictions, no hard evidence, etc....

6. Sloppy at times, but basically decent.

7. Better than NCIS!

8. Left-wing, pinko, liberal Democrat crap like Prince Bruce have NO IDEA about the FBI and shouldn't even be asking this question.

9. Capable and hard-working, but the leadership is poor.

10. Slicker-than-spit in running the cover-up. 40 years and counting, and only Coss had to get whacked.

"...Actually, Bruce...the reason few people voted is because of the available responses. You want folks to trash the FBI due to their failure to solve the Cooper case. That is absolute bullshit, my friend...."

I'm confused Bobby. Above you seem to say that the FBI should be above reproach even though they have failed to solve Norjak.

Then you go on to say that the FBI is "not perfect." Then you go on to cite their long history of keeping us safe.

I'm not looking to trash the FBI and their long history of public service, only solicit attitudes on what folks think is the FBI's problem with Norjak.

New Quiz!

Why doesn't the FBI talk to Bobby Blevins if they let Geoffrey Gray search their files and hang-out in the evidence room?

Vote Now!

1. Geoffrey is much cuter than Bobby.
2. Geoffrey's day job is writing for New York Magazine and Bobby's busy cleaning toilets, proving once again that it's "Who you know, Not what you know."
3. Geoffrey is more skilled at spinning the story the FBI's way.
4. Bobby's an asshole and no one can stand being in the same room with him.
5. Bobby's invitation to review the files got lost in the mail.
6. Budget cut-backs. Can only allow so many journalists in the evidence room at one time.
7. FBI is afraid that Bobby's going to find some real doo-doo and mess up everything for everybody.
8. It's a family thing. Georger can't stand Bobby, and G's relatives don't want to rile up the old man.
10. Fred Gutt wants to have Bobby up to the office, but Ayn is still hung-up on Alex Hannaford and his British accent. Alex is friends with Geoff, but Alex loves the Hamma Hamma, too. It's complicated...

Addendum:
11. Skipp already talked with the FBI, who ruled out Kenny C, which makes talking to Bobby moot.

I have a suggestion. Why doesn't Bruce keep his mumbo jumbo on that other site he started with Shutter?

Why let him clutter up this site with that kind of Garbage.

By the way how does he know Cossey was the only one Whacked as he puts it. Why use that terminolgy unless you know he was whacked.

Generally whacked means struck with an object such as a hand or with an instrument.

Note Bruce you are the only one who uses that word regarding Cossey's death.

If I was an investigator & read your postings & your continued use of the terminology referencing the death of Cossey --- you would be a very strong suspect. Can you prove where you were at the approx time of Cossey's death?

Didn't you seemingly disappear for a few days? I noted you were not posting much during the days Cossey was lying in his garage - deceased from a fall or from a blow.

Your prior postings ranted like the whining of a child because Cossey would not talk to you & was dismissive of your request for an interview.

Clearly your postings from the time Cossey died until his body was found & his death announced, your postings were not within your usual mode....you were very quiet.
Too quiet!

You were all pumped up regarding the raves you received from the thread about your interview with the man who provided the chutes & expressed irritation regarding Cossey dismissing you.

Now you are saying he was whacked.

You were the first person to note Cossey's death in this thread.

I find your postings ODD when the subject of Cossey is broached.

I can't even view that other site unless I apologize to you & to Vickie so I have no idea how you are behaving in that location. Shutter is very aware I did not want to post there - just read.

Are you posting these same things in that other place? Probably not.

Shutter would not allow such conduct for very long.

If I was the investigator in Cossey's death & aware of your rantings in this thread about Cossey's continue rejections of you - you would be my primary suspect.

You also know I had a good relationship with Cossey - we understood each other, but evidently you took his demeanor as dismissing & derogatory.

Your problem all of your life was not being able to handle rejection.

Cossey was Cossey & he was a fire cracker. He was a good guy. He was always nice to me, but he was a busy man & in the road a lot. He liked driving with the windows or the top down - I mentioned this to him several times.

Was his car a convertible?
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

BruceSmith

Another Public Service Announcement and Quiz

Parrot Man at the Shutter site raises an interesting point about the FBI. In one of his comments he says, "The FBI are not dummies."

Hence, the question: What are the FBI? If not "dummies," then how can the FBI in the Norjak investigation be best described?

Here are your choices:

I don't like multiple choice... so I'm just going to say the FBI were/are dummies. It's obvious as can be that Weber was Cooper. Or it was KC. Or maybe the Sunshine Band. FBI just dumb.

BuckwheatFlower

I don't like multiple choice... so I'm just going to say the FBI were/are dummies. It's obvious as can be that Weber was Cooper. Or it was KC. Or maybe the Sunshine Band. FBI just dumb.

Well, Buckwheat I don't appreciate that Bruce is the main reason I cannot view the other site and he is allowed to spew his garbage here on the DZ. The FBI is NOT dumb, but they have to do what they are told to do - the current level of criminal activity has not allowed them to devote much time to this old case.

If I had gone to WA the way Marla did and have had the financial backing she did - this case would be closed.

The FBI vested heavily into the case at that time - hoping they could finally get Cooper off their backs.

The project backfired & cost the division funds they needed to apply else where.

I do fault the FBI for not having paid closer attention to the details regarding Weber's background - but I am sure the funds were not there to do what I have done. Also family members & others were more open & receptive to my inquiries, but by the time I had done these thing...a lot of time passed & individual deceased & people just wanted to go on with their lives.

He is gone now! I wanted to take him home - but I won't be able to do that now....perhaps someone will do it for me. I can mark on a map places for them to place some of his remains and for the rest to be released from a plane just after they cross the river and down to just West of Battleground.

If those ashes could be made to glow and the winds approx the way they were on that night you will know what Weber showed me in 1979 was his escape route.

I am no longer able to continue with this due to my health, but I truely hope someone is able to fufill my wishes...Supposed to go into surgery but feel like there are more tests that should be run before they do that surgery....my heart feels funny & my chest hurts at times...and sometime I cannot vocalize what I am trying to say....and I continuely am looking for things I have put in the wrong place.

I try to chalk it up to stress, but I am no idiot - I know what is around the corner for me.

I have devoted the last 18 yrs of my life to this & the ten of those yrs in this thread trying to tell someone - anyone who will listen that I have not lied & that the things he told me were true. The things I found were also true and some of it was suspect.

If he wasn't Cooper - then he pulled off the biggest hoax in history and it has cost me 18 yrs of my life...but, the things I knew the FBI didn't know and couldn't find - proved to me he was Cooper....

"...I wouldn't mind examining the case files, of course. But I don't need to do that because I'm investigating Kenny Christiansen..."

That's what I love about you, Bobby, consistency. You knew very little about the DB Cooper when I first interviewed you, even though you had just written a book about Norjak and titled it: "The Truth of DB Cooper."

Five years later you still revel in your ignorance and proudly claim you don't need to read the FBI's Norjak files.

Can your mother explain what happened to you to cause such a lack of curiosity? Gayla?

I'm seeing a pattern here - you're a No Show at all the DB Cooper Symposia and you have no anger at being denied access to the FBI files unlike other journalists.

BuckwheatFlower

***New Quiz!

Why doesn't the FBI talk to Bobby Blevins if they let Geoffrey Gray search their files and hang-out in the evidence room?.

Because they dumb.

So, Buck Wheaties, what's your take on the FBI losing the eight cigarette butts?

Some dumb fuck threw them out in the trash?

Or, they hid them some place safer and figured it was better to be called a bunch of dumb fucks than get real in the Norjak investigation?

Maybe DB Cooper is a real hot tamale.

Whaddaya t'ink?

"...By the way how does he know Cossey was the only one Whacked as he puts it. Why use that terminolgy unless you know he was whacked.

Generally whacked means struck with an object such as a hand or with an instrument.

Note Bruce you are the only one who uses that word regarding Cossey's death.

If I was an investigator & read your postings & your continued use of the terminology referencing the death of Cossey --- you would be a very strong suspect. Can you prove where you were at the approx time of Cossey's death?

Didn't you seemingly disappear for a few days? I noted you were not posting much during the days Cossey was lying in his garage - deceased from a fall or from a blow...."

Jo, do you really think the FBI or the KCSO would ever come after me for the Earl Cossey homicide and risk having me bring all the Norjak principals to the witness stand and giving depositions?

Do you think those guys would want me roaming through the evidence files looking for information on Earl Cossey, the tie-ins to the FBI, and searching for the true killers?

Me and 377 would have a Field Day - Plus the Press Conferences -OOOH LA, LA!

C'mon Jo, you're a smart girl. You know the feds would never leave themselves open to something like that.

I'm golden, babe....

Public Service Announcement

There will be a thousand or so folks reading this post over the next week, and to you dear readers I would like to offer my view on who Jo Weber is and what she is trying to do here.

Jo and I are very different people and we have very different needs.

Jo controls the narrative by innuendo, teasing, and preposterous pronouncements that are too far-fetched to corroborate.

Me, I like the Show. I'm a Bring It On kind of guy, so I can tolerate her attempts at character assassination, or trying to discredit me and my writing.

Jo works the crowd and gets a lot of sympathy. Most people are uncomfortable with me putting the FBI's feet to the fire over Norjak, and tons of folks hate what I write about Tina.

Nevertheless, that's where the story goes.

Me, I'm here at the DZ because it's fun to play with Jo and Bobby, and I'm also playing to the crowd - planting ideas and questions for y'all to ponder in the quiet ethers that surround the DZ.

Jo, on the other hand, is here to construct a New World. It's the World Of Duane Weber The Skyjacker. Her postings are a lot like a little girl playing with her dolls and a big doll house - moving the furniture around, trying on new dresses, having make-believe tea parties that are actually very real.

Her purpose in doing this is certainly unknown to me, but it's all kind of fun. I guess that's why you're here, too.

RobertMBlevins

"...I wouldn't mind examining the case files, of course. But I don't need to do that because I'm investigating Kenny Christiansen..."

That's what I love about you, Bobby, consistency. You knew very little about the DB Cooper when I first interviewed you, even though you had just written a book about Norjak and titled it: "The Truth of DB Cooper."

Five years later you still revel in your ignorance and proudly claim you don't need to read the FBI's Norjak files.

Can your mother explain what happened to you to cause such a lack of curiosity? Gayla?

I'm seeing a pattern here - you're a No Show at all the DB Cooper Symposia and you have no anger at being denied access to the FBI files unlike other journalists.

That's because I don't hang out with Cooper Royalty, and I'm not actually investigating the Cooper case, per se. I am investigating whether Kenny Christiansen was Cooper. And to do that, I don't NEED to know every minute detail on the hijacking. I just need to present the evidence that he was the hijacker. So the basic facts of the case are all I'm really concerned with. Whether I learned those years before, or along the way while investigating Christiansen and Bernie Geestman for the hijacking doesn't really matter to me.

You keep bringing up Jo's accusation regarding Cossey. But we both know no one paid attention to that. No one cares about it except you. And I choose not to feed into your dumb games here at Dropzone.

As far as interviews, I've been interviewed by much better folks than you, that's for sure. By better, I mean more professional. You alienate witnesses so badly you never get a second shot with them. If you feel the interviewee didn't cooperate enough for your taste, you sometimes talk badly about them. If I followed the Bruce Smith School of Journalism, I wouldn't have discovered even half of what I know about Kenny Christiansen today.

Witnesses I interview don't 'owe' me anything. Neither does the Seattle FBI. I'm going to politely ASK them to do a cursory check on what we're presenting on Kenny Christiansen. And that's all. :)
Blevins, Let me repeat your remark above:

". . . I'm not actually investigating the Cooper case, per se. I am investigating whether Kenny Christiansen was Cooper."

Nevertheless, you have referred to yourself as "a leading Cooper researcher".

Are you sure you are a "researcher" in any sense of the word?

Robert99

Jo, do you really think the FBI or the KCSO would ever come after me for the Earl Cossey homicide and risk having me bring all the Norjak principals to the witness stand and giving depositions?

Your cockey personality and self absorbed attacks have gotten you in trouble before....I know all about them & they have nothing to do with Cooper.

You have a record for being obtuse, insulting & intruding on the privacy of others....you made yourself a suspect! l

You have never explained your actions before Cossey's death & during the time you were so quiet until it was announced Cossey had been found deceased in his garage by his daughter.

You have used the death of a wonder person (he had his faults) to make a name for yourself & to put yourself beyond reproach...but sometime the best laid plans backfire.

Profiling:

The FBI is able to go back into your history & to note your postings after you interviewed the other guy. Then your agitation with Cossey not giving you an interview.

You were the first to announce his death on this thread & therefore you were waiting to see how long it would be.

You were quiet like a church mouse for several days after Cossey deceased, yet days before ranted and raved because he would not give you an interview.

Note I personally have seen your face when someone draws the line and refuses to discuss certain topics....the agitation and anger show in your face.

You usually were not absent from the thread - but you were for a few days just after Cossey had died and until you made the 1st announcement.

You were WAITING for his body to be found & your own actions (before and afterward) make you a suspect!

Then there is the issue of the large vehicle that cruised my house every night for several days between 1am & 2am after Cossey's death. I felt that was Jo being paranoid so I didn't make a big deal out of it.

Where were you at that time?

BruceSmith

Does anyone know the current health and status of Earl J Cossey?

I have received an unsubstantiated email tonight in the wee hours that claims that Coss is dead under mysterious circumstances. The source is generally reliable, meaning they don't ever visit the DZ. ( smile).

I have Googled the heck out of Cossey in the past few minutes but nothing has shown up.

Anybody know anything?

:|
The above post is the first any of us knew of Cossey's probable death.

Bruce had been absent from the thread making only occassional posts because he was busy harassing Tina, her brother-in-law, her family on the East Coast - but, suddenly he goes very quiet...

1. post dated Mar 29 regarding Heady
2. post dated April 3
3. post dated April 26 - regard Burnworth.
4. Post dated April 28 regarding Cossey!

Why was Bruce so silent for so long - from April 3 until April 26, 2013. Not normal for him to go that long without posting. Do not remember him being in N.Y. at that time.

Was he feeling his way around?

Several pages prior to those posting he was pissed Cossey would NOT talk to him. Bruce was determined to do an interview w/him that was as acceptable as the article he did on the guy who provided the Back Pacs.

Did he just show up on Cossey's doorstep the way he did the Sister & Brother-in-law and her family on the East Coast & at Tina's home? Forgot the dates he made those interviews.

Bruce expressed displeasure about Cossey refusing to talk to him. I am about the size Cossey was & Bruce is a VERY large intimidating persistent personaliity.

He goes to limitations I consider
unacceptable. His size alone is intimitating to those of a smaller stature.

I am a woman - I just extended my hand out Palm toward his face & stated - "We are NOT going there". I forgot the subject I had forbidden him to ask me about.

The hand out front used to be the way one of my teachers silence misbehavior in the classroom.

Cossey would have acted very differently & have been pissed if someone got in his face - after having refused an interview.

Having been a teacher Cossey would have shown some restraint unless the individual would not take no for an answer. To have gotten that close - Cossey would have to have been at least familiar with the person in some way. Perhaps a former student.

Certain items being mailed to his home showed or proved to me the person probably knew him or at least showed some remorse after the fact.

Bruce Smith and I do agree on a couple of things. I agree with him that Jo should stop hinting...saying...inferring...whatever...that Bruce had something to do with what happened to Earl Cossey.

:o
I am not accusing anyone of anything....just laying out the facts. Remember I have been called a liar & fantasy story teller & I have taken a lot of abuse from a guy named Bruce!

Remember all of the horrible twisted untruths he writes about?

Did you FORGET?

:PAn investigator looks at all of the angles & it is odd that this case is still unsolved.

After the fact (Cossey's death) Bruce was johnnie on the spot. NOW, Bruce was broke - were did he obtain the funds to be there everyday? Logical question.

Yes, Bruce's own statements & the common knowledge of his past history interviewing individuals does make him suspect....just like anyone else who has had words with Cossey or conducted agressive & unwelcomed interviews with any individual connected to the case.

Bruce was OBCESSED with getting that interview...because you guys gave him such good reviews on the other interview.

SO EASY for you & others to forget about how he TREATED TINA & her family on both coasts. Each time showing up without an invitation....just pops up on their door step.

Interviews require ETHICS! Bruce has No respect for the victims & he doesn't care who he hurts.

YES - I am doing a little of the Pot Calling the Kettle Black or however
that old expression goes! A taste of what he dishes out to the REAL victims of Cooper!

He NEEDS to be put in the position he puts others - his writings about the VICTIMS - the crew and others affected by the skyjacking are NOT KIND and he shows NO SYMPATHY for these victims....it is all about how his opinion is PROJECTED!

Did you forgot his writings about Tina and others? Even you would never have wrote about Tina & others in such a discusting manner. What he wrote about Tina I considered Vulgar & Lustful not to mention the disrespect he show for all that she has endured over the last 43 yrs.

NO one can excuse Bruce's past behavior - such agression and anger makes him a suspect.

If the FBI or the authorities did NOT investigate all of the suspects they would not be doing their job...Perhaps an example of how they investigated Cooper.

If Cossey knew something & was going to talk! The expression you guys like to use - someone had him Wacked.

Bruce has never tiptoes around the horrible things he has said about others - so why should I tiptoe around his feelings...Bruce has NO respect for the truth or for the problems Cooper has presented for the real VICTIMS!

Just giving him a little TASTE of what he has dished out for yrs.

RobertMBlevins

Fine. Whatever...but do you think we could stop insinuating...that Bruce Smith somehow had something to do with what happened to Earl Cossey?

It's untrue and downright ridiculous. I've had my differences with Bruce, but he had nothing to do with that.

I am not insinuating or accusing - just laying the facts out. Do you know how many times he has tried to discredit me & he demeans me with every post he makes & he demeans others whose lives have been altered by Cooper.

I thought you were a decent sort of guy - Kenny was not Cooper, but I have not demeaned your attemps to prove it. I even noted you did CLAIM that you never read back to the beginning of this thread to learn what it was all about. You came here to promote your book and the thread basically had to rewrite the facts for you.

You came hear to promote your book and then realized you need to rewrite it.

Bruce needs to learn how to treat victims. He has abused every victim of Cooper with his demeaning remarks...he only writes for sensationalism...he is writing about REAL people and a subject that has forever alter lives including mine.

None of us need to be demeaned post after post. They (the victims)are not here to defend themselves. I do what I can hoping he (Bruce) sees himself for what he is or has become.

Bruce's treatment of those whose live have forever been altered by Cooper is cruel and uncalled for.

He didn't interview them - he imposed himself on them.

Remember I spent several yrs talking to Mr. H before I ever posted one word anywhere. Mr. Himmelsbach was the one who brought Duane to the attention of the FBI.

Had it not have been for him I would never have been able to push forward. My pushing forward has gotten my life threatened more than one time....but, I have only discussed a couple of those incidents....not all of them.

As my health has declined I have stopped digging and simply rely on what I have known from the past and my memory is starting to slip away....after 17 yrs of this battle.

No one will have to put up with me much longer....

One surgery is being done so that I can stay functional - the right hand is first.

Not going into detail about what the 2 other procedures entail, but my cancer markers are up. The last time I did these procedures they almost lost me....but, we have to know the extent of the culprit that plagues me.

I wrote a lot but deleted it - I just want to live out what is left of my life comfortably and not be dependent on appliances to extend my life.

RobertMBlevins

***Grow up, boys.

Some individuals never grow up, but they participate in adult activies.

Well, you know how it is. Everyone at this office got tired of his constant copy/paste rants. And yes, we can be contacted contrary to what HE says.

Like HERE...or maybe HERE. Or possibly HERE. The main reason our office phone isn't listed at the website is because if it were, we would be bombarded with calls from everyone who has a manuscript or wants to be published. So we make people use the email links. And although the contact links are there, we are currently closed to submissions. ;)

EDIT: Can you BELIEVE it? Seattle Seahawks pull off the biggest comeback in NFC Championship Game history (no one has EVER come back from a 16-0 deficit to win) and get a second straight trip to the Super Bowl.

You gotta love it. I shouted out the window of my office, where I was listening to the game on radio via announcers Warren Moon and Steve Raible:

'How do you like us NOW...' :)

I hear fireworks going off outside. Hope they don't start shooting the guns, anyway...:S

I hate the Patriots, so I was sort of pulling for Green Bay because I like their chances against the Pats more than I do Seattles. I have much more faith in Rodgers than I do Russell Wilson. If they face the Pats, they better start strong. They won't come back like that against Brady & Co.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider