47 47
quade

DB Cooper

So many mix-ups this week.

Whew.

First Bobby:
I deleted the post I had placed here because I mistakenly mixed up Bruce Smith and Sailshaw. My apologies. Blush

Then me:
You have a few mistakes in your write-up of our lunch today, otherwise it is fairly accurate. (From Beaver One)

Then Sail

Bruce: Thanks for your correction to my statement about Duanes ears being too big to be DB Cooper. So it was a statement you got from your phone call with Bill Mitchell and was not from Ralph Hatley (I got the spelling finally correct). Sorry Ralph for my bad spelling but it was a long day for us and we finally got home around 8 pm having started at 7:30 am that same day. What a great trip with very nice weather and fun to talk with Ralph over lunch. He is a very interesting guy that knows a lot about skydiving and has his Commercial Pilots license too.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

And now Mrs. Cooper:

"...Have a NICE evening & CORRECT your crap! Even Sailshaw corrected you!..."
I believe you have your Truth Villains reversed, Mrs. Cooper. It is I, Prince Bruce who corrected Sail's error.

As a result of all this confusion, I think I will meditate and give a blessing to all at the DZ. May we all feel peaceful and loved. May we all know truth. Even Georger.

What was stated tonight after I went to bed - I could NOT shake this:

"We all – Dwight, Michelle, and I – pushed Hatley for the name, but he wouldn’t budge. However, he did relent a bit & told us that the client was also responsible for another murder, one that occurred in the Sandy, Oregon area. Hatley said, “He got away with that one.”

Well, guys guess which road Duane pulled off of Hwy 84 on....Guess!

I thought we were headed home on 84 when Duane pulled of the road & what appeared to be a not so used road ...and told me "THAT ROAD leads to a place were 3 guys I used to lived." He mentioned a creek or a river & a cabin.

Until tonight after I had gone to bed I sat straight up & said "Sandy Point" out loud, then immediately grab my OR map.

That was the road....

The road we turn around at & headed back to Portland when Duane asked me if I wanted to go to Tahoe......

He told me the name of one of the men! Something like Marcel. That road also goes to Government Camp. When we stayed at The Dalles - Duane could easily have drove to Government Camp & back to the Dalles in those 5 hrs..

When we turned back to Vancouver he took the new express way & when he got to a light he said - "they changed the light" so he turned and then went back North again. They had moved the light on him.

It was after the turn he mentioned knowing some one who lived in Woodburn & he mentioned Molalla... one of the AWARE group lived there - & she was the woman who did the COOK book for AWARE, while they were overseas.

It was at this time he mentioned Estacada & the jump field & all of the birds Ralph had.....but, we were NOT going there.

Sure wish I had that map we had in the car - because I was marking it at points. We went thru the forest for a long ways & ended up in Redman & he mentioned the GUYS used to fly into there & they worked in Prineville & he mentions a smorgasborg they ate at.

NOW if you guys go back you will find I told this before - it didn't mean anything then but it does now.

AS we reached Bend I asked Duane what he did there. This goes back to a time of my postings when Sluggo was here.

Duane told me he used to work with some guys, but he couldn't talk about it....and then he clammed up....I was prodding if it had something to do with the Balloons, but I got no where....I could tell it was something he did NOT & COULD not talk about.

From that point we went to Burns Junction on 95. He wasn't talking at all then...but did say something about a base of some kind. Just before we reached the NV state line he asked me to look for a town because he was thinking he had made a wrong turn.

He mentions more airstrips - I wish I had not lost that map I marked in 1979.

So what did SANDY mean to Duane - we didn't even take a bathroom break - but we were younger....back then. HE told me about Government Camp & the boys.

He had mentioned Government camp our first night on the road in the Dalles....so it must have meant something to him...and the BOYS.

He asked me the name of the town after we cross the stateline. Winnemucca. This is when he started talking about Pyramide Lakes & having known an Indian who live there who was a jumper. We bypassed Reno - thru Carson City to Tahoe. He also talked about some big rocks...that were no longer there.

Memory lane - I have walked it one more time & I swore I would not do this again....but, the devil just won't leave me alone tonight.

Good Night.

Back tracking: To Sandy.
P.S. I had thought Sandy point! Three guys Duane knew lived on a creek down that river, but we were NOT going there today. This was the point that Duane looked at me and asked me if I wanted to to Tahoe.

Who lived on that Sandy road?
Who lived on a creek in that area? "We are NOT going there today" The name seemed Italian - maybe Marcel or Marchello. Could that have been the same man who owned an Italian restuarant in Atl. we went to... the propriortor took me to the kitchen to teach me how to make the dish I fells so in love with. He told me I had to use REAL butter and real cream. I liked that guy - first & only time I was ever in the cooking area of a very nice restuarant.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Bruce: Additional things we talked about with Ralph:

We covered a lot of subjects while at Eagle Creek and here are some of them:

1) Did DB pull the chute when at the bottom of the airstairs or did he freefall?
Answer: Ralph was sure DB would have done a freefall to a lower altitude.

2) Exposure from plane to ground I thought was less than 5 minutes
Answer: Ralph said from 10,000 ft at one minute per 1,000 ft the exposure time maximum would be 10 minutes but with freefall possibly abound 5 minutes would be possible. So he did not freeze as many have suggested.

3) D-ring handle rip cords (Bruce claims they are not called D-ring rip cords) would fall to the ground if not held on to by the jumper?
Answer: On the old chutes the jumper had to hold on to the D-ring or would have to buy a case of Beer for loosing it. The new chutes have a pilot chute that pulls the rip cord when deployed.

4) Did Ralph recognize Sheridan's photo from the Boeing News photo.
Answer: He said that he did not remember ever seeing Sheridan and did not know him. He did mention that there was a National Parachute gathering at Issaquah Skydiving DZ in 1963. That would have been about the time Sheridon would have been there.

5) Did Cossey do the DB caper?
Answer: He said that Cossey did not have the "balls" to do it and was not that good of a poker player either. He did think the DB had people on the ground to pick him up and Cossey could have been on of the ground crew. I think Duane could have also been on the ground crew as he told Jo that when he said "that is where DB came out of the woods".

6) We talked about how the jumper could have communicated with the ground guys and Ralph said radio was a possibility but blinking of lights would have been possible too but not have used the flares from the fake bomb. They would burn too long and give away the position.

7) Ralph said it was an easy jump and he was sure DB survived and he told the FBI that the jumper was an experienced skydiver before Cossey gave them the other story about how DB would have not survived. I got the feeling that Ralph was miffed that he was not the expert working with the FBI rather than Cossey.

8) I got the story of Jo calling and getting told that Duane had ears too big to be DB and I thought it was Ralph that told us that and Bruce corrected me in that it was the info from Bill Mitchel and he should know as he was very close to DB during the flight.

9) I asked Ralph about Jerry Thomas (close friend of Himmelsbeck) and Ralph did not know of Jerry which is strange if both of them were close to Himmelsbeck.

There were more questions and it was a very informative meeting and lunch. Ralph was not in a rush and seemed at ease with Bruce and I asking questions. Maybe Michele (note only one l in Michele, Bruce) being there was good for the easy conversations.

Bob 73's
[email protected]

skyjack71

What was stated tonight after I went to bed - I could NOT shake this:

"We all – Dwight, Michelle, and I – pushed Hatley for the name, but he wouldn’t budge. However, he did relent a bit & told us that the client was also responsible for another murder, one that occurred in the Sandy, Oregon area. Hatley said, “He got away with that one.”

Well, guys guess which road Duane pulled off of Hwy 84 on....Guess!

I thought we were headed home on 84 when Duane pulled of the road & what appeared to be a not so used road ...and told me "THAT ROAD leads to a place were 3 guys I used to lived." He mentioned a creek or a river & a cabin.

Until tonight after I had gone to bed I sat straight up & said "Sandy Point" out loud, then immediately grab my OR map.

That was the road....

The road we turn around at & headed back to Portland when Duane asked me if I wanted to go to Tahoe......

He told me the name of one of the men! Something like Marcel. That road also goes to Government Camp. When we stayed at The Dalles - Duane could easily have drove to Government Camp & back to the Dalles in those 5 hrs..

When we turned back to Vancouver he took the new express way & when he got to a light he said - "they changed the light" so he turned and then went back North again. They had moved the light on him.

It was after the turn he mentioned knowing some one who lived in Woodburn & he mentioned Molalla... one of the AWARE group lived there - & she was the woman who did the COOK book for AWARE, while they were overseas.

It was at this time he mentioned Estacada & the jump field & all of the birds Ralph had.....but, we were NOT going there.

Sure wish I had that map we had in the car - because I was marking it at points. We went thru the forest for a long ways & ended up in Redman & he mentioned the GUYS used to fly into there & they worked in Prineville & he mentions a smorgasborg they ate at.

NOW if you guys go back you will find I told this before - it didn't mean anything then but it does now.

AS we reached Bend I asked Duane what he did there. This goes back to a time of my postings when Sluggo was here.

Duane told me he used to work with some guys, but he couldn't talk about it....and then he clammed up....I was prodding if it had something to do with the Balloons, but I got no where....I could tell it was something he did NOT & COULD not talk about.

From that point we went to Burns Junction on 95. He wasn't talking at all then...but did say something about a base of some kind. Just before we reached the NV state line he asked me to look for a town because he was thinking he had made a wrong turn.

He mentions more airstrips - I wish I had not lost that map I marked in 1979.

So what did SANDY mean to Duane - we didn't even take a bathroom break - but we were younger....back then. HE told me about Government Camp & the boys.

He had mentioned Government camp our first night on the road in the Dalles....so it must have meant something to him...and the BOYS.

He asked me the name of the town after we cross the stateline. Winnemucca. This is when he started talking about Pyramide Lakes & having known an Indian who live there who was a jumper. We bypassed Reno - thru Carson City to Tahoe. He also talked about some big rocks...that were no longer there.

Memory lane - I have walked it one more time & I swore I would not do this again....but, the devil just won't leave me alone tonight.

Good Night.

Back tracking: To Sandy.
P.S. I had thought Sandy point! Three guys Duane knew lived on a creek down that river, but we were NOT going there today. This was the point that Duane looked at me and asked me if I wanted to to Tahoe.

Who lived on that Sandy road?
Who lived on a creek in that area? "We are NOT going there today" The name seemed Italian - maybe Marcel or Marchello. Could that have been the same man who owned an Italian restuarant in Atl. we went to... the propriortor took me to the kitchen to teach me how to make the dish I fells so in love with. He told me I had to use REAL butter and real cream. I liked that guy - first & only time I was ever in the cooking area of a very nice restuarant.

Lots of sand to pick from. Sandy River, Sandy Point and Sandy, Oregon, madam.

Speaking of which, the Dalles had a very unique experience with its sand that garnered world attention. Back in the late 1980s their entire Columbia River beach disappeared one night in a matter minutes. The exact dynamics, physics, or the hydraulics of the occurrence is not known, as far as I know.

Again, we could use Georger to help us understand our missing sand.

Whadda ya think, Duane and his ground men killed Danny Boy and he got his death-bed confession mixed-up???

"...AS we reached Bend I asked Duane what he did there. This goes back to a time of my postings when Sluggo was here...."

This is the first time I heard you mention Bend, Mrs. Cooper. Your Sentimental Journey is more like the Incredible Never-Ending Journey.

BTW: When you were in Bend did you see any of the mandalas drawn in the sand? The pix are cool.

"...Thanks, but I don't need a blessing from you unless you're the local priest or God. We will assume you are neither...."

Why do you assume that, Bobby?

Speaking of being a God, how can we not be Gods - after all are we not of God? Doesn't that make us Gods - everyone of us?

BruceSmith

"...AS we reached Bend I asked Duane what he did there. This goes back to a time of my postings when Sluggo was here...."

This is the first time I heard you mention Bend, Mrs. Cooper. Your Sentimental Journey is more like the Incredible Never-Ending Journey.

Your initials are BS and that is what you are.....GO back eons ago in this thread - to a time when Sluggo was here...I am sure I made postings about our route to Tahoe and BEND, OR was of SPECIAL INTEREST.

If my memory serves me - I discussed the smorgasborg in Prineville and the fact that JT makes a trip to the area shortly after I made the posting MANY YRS ago.

I also spoke about the conversation Duane & I had about the boys flying in & out of Redmond....it was the ONE time I asked Duane specifically who the BOYS or GUYS where & what kind of work they did? I thought perhaps it had something to do with the BALLOON searches (That was about all I knew about OR. at that time other than the places he took me on the way to Seattle).

Now EVERYONE knows how little you RESEARCH your questions and how little you validate your sordid remarks.

:oHis Reply! "It's something I can't talk about."

CAT got you tongue? Well, don't fool with CATS - you might come up with something missing - like the hands you use to type your snide & uninformed postings regarding Weber and the things he told his wife.

Do you know what lies on the state line between OR and NV. Well, Duane talked about that one too. Duane knew were EVERY Indian Reservation was.

Yes, I know were SANDY is! I also know where Sandy River is and it is how Sandy got its name....but on the back side of the creek there was a road to the creek from the highway.

Don't have a map - that would show all of the little roads and the way things were in 1979...but, I will describe it the best I can.

Along the old highway in 1979 that ran along the river on the OR side - just after you can see to the WA side the highway bridge on the WA side where there was a marina...you cannot see the marina from the OR. side but can see the tressels and the Marina was in WA.

AT that location on the OR side there was a road going South...it said Sandy Creek.

NOT Sandy, but there is a town near that called Sandy.

Why do I remember all of this - note I did NOT go back to that point in 2010....this is from the trip in 1979....the memory replay! I have the old images so imbedded in my memory - I had to find land marks to guide me on my 2010 venture...but I did NOT go back to this area in 2010...so the memory is untainted.

We had gone off the expressway and turned back to the North...and then he told me about Estacada and Eagle Creek and the man with the birds. In this same time frame he also mention a man was killed not too far from there.

I only just REALIZED by looking at the map in front of me THAT SANDY is right there...Oh, my - I have to stop this is making me dizzy. I have to be remembering wrong - this has to be a false memory. It has to be - I have been doing this far too long - this has to be a false memory....Duane knew the guy or he knew the guy who killed him...it was an accident...OH!!!!!! My God - this was never public information - OH, my God.

He said more - but, my mind is blocking it out. How could Duane have known that in 1979 - surely there was no news articles about that in the S.E.
Maybe someone else told me this story and it is falling in place in the memory banks...but, NO this is the first time in 17 yrs I have had a map with the streets and following it like I would if I was in the car.

The ONLY time I was ever there was with Duane - the only time - so it is a actual replay of memories.

Maybe I should erase this post, but since I am feeling so funny I will just let it be...been real dizzy and light headed for the last 2 hours.

NOW I need to know the name of the man who died - I have a feeling that name will solve at least part of this mystery....at least for me.

sailshaw

Bruce: Additional things we talked about with Ralph:

We covered a lot of subjects while at Eagle Creek and here are some of them:

1) Did DB pull the chute when at the bottom of the airstairs or did he freefall?
Answer: Ralph was sure DB would have done a freefall to a lower altitude.

2) Exposure from plane to ground I thought was less than 5 minutes
Answer: Ralph said from 10,000 ft at one minute per 1,000 ft the exposure time maximum would be 10 minutes but with freefall possibly abound 5 minutes would be possible. So he did not freeze as many have suggested.

3) D-ring handle rip cords (Bruce claims they are not called D-ring rip cords) would fall to the ground if not held on to by the jumper?
Answer: On the old chutes the jumper had to hold on to the D-ring or would have to buy a case of Beer for loosing it. The new chutes have a pilot chute that pulls the rip cord when deployed.

4) Did Ralph recognize Sheridan's photo from the Boeing News photo.
Answer: He said that he did not remember ever seeing Sheridan and did not know him. He did mention that there was a National Parachute gathering at Issaquah Skydiving DZ in 1963. That would have been about the time Sheridon would have been there.

5) Did Cossey do the DB caper?
Answer: He said that Cossey did not have the "balls" to do it and was not that good of a poker player either. He did think the DB had people on the ground to pick him up and Cossey could have been on of the ground crew. I think Duane could have also been on the ground crew as he told Jo that when he said "that is where DB came out of the woods".

6) We talked about how the jumper could have communicated with the ground guys and Ralph said radio was a possibility but blinking of lights would have been possible too but not have used the flares from the fake bomb. They would burn too long and give away the position.

7) Ralph said it was an easy jump and he was sure DB survived and he told the FBI that the jumper was an experienced skydiver before Cossey gave them the other story about how DB would have not survived. I got the feeling that Ralph was miffed that he was not the expert working with the FBI rather than Cossey.

8) I got the story of Jo calling and getting told that Duane had ears too big to be DB and I thought it was Ralph that told us that and Bruce corrected me in that it was the info from Bill Mitchel and he should know as he was very close to DB during the flight.

9) I asked Ralph about Jerry Thomas (close friend of Himmelsbeck) and Ralph did not know of Jerry which is strange if both of them were close to Himmelsbeck.

There were more questions and it was a very informative meeting and lunch. Ralph was not in a rush and seemed at ease with Bruce and I asking questions. Maybe Michele (note only one l in Michele, Bruce) being there was good for the easy conversations.

Bob 73's
[email protected]

10) Just remembered another thing from Ralph: He pointed out that the packing card on the chute had the signature of the rigger and his mark that had to match the mark on the lead seal so that DB when checking the card showed he was an experienced jumper and knew the chute was not tampered with or had a locater installed inside by the FBI.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

sailshaw

(10) Just remembered another thing from Ralph: He pointed out that the packing card on the chute had the signature of the rigger and his mark that had to match the mark on the lead seal so that DB when checking the card showed he was an experienced jumper and knew the chute was not tampered with or had a locater installed inside by the FBI.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

According to Tina (I think the actual incident is described in Tosaw's book), Cooper DID check the packing card of one of the backpacks. And apparently also checked to insure that the backpack had the proper rigger's "thread and lead" seal on the bottom ripcord pin.

However, the above does NOT make Cooper an experienced jumper. It means simply that he knew how to pre-flight an emergency parachute.

This plus other things that he did indicates that he was experienced in wearing emergency parachutes.

Robert99

(10) Just remembered another thing from Ralph: He pointed out that the packing card on the chute had the signature of the rigger and his mark that had to match the mark on the lead seal so that DB when checking the card showed he was an experienced jumper and knew the chute was not tampered with or had a locater installed inside by the FBI.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

According to Tina (I think the actual incident is described in Tosaw's book), Cooper DID check the packing card of one of the backpacks. And apparently also checked to insure that the backpack had the proper rigger's "thread and lead" seal on the bottom ripcord pin.

However, the above does NOT make Cooper an experienced jumper. It means simply that he knew how to pre-flight an emergency parachute.

This plus other things that he did indicates that he was
experienced in wearing emergency parachutes.

Well, the truth of the matter is that Duane examined the string that the "dummy" chute was sewn shut with to be sure nobody tampered with it, because it was packed by the guy that trained him for this mission. I personally heard the instructions given to Weber first hand with my own ears. If he followed instructions, which Mac said he did, he jumped with the dummy chute on his back and the money roped to his front with parachute chords. He cut the stitching and rigged up that practice X chute. AND THAT IS A FACT, not speculation. I WAS there at the training and that is what was supposed to happen.

Plural is Knosses. And the truth is often more strange than fiction. Fiction like your collective suppositions, fantasies and witches brews. Old Brewster is stirring the pot again. More talking out his bottom. These guys were heroes. Why make it a negative? There is so much Government interference in this case it could never be prosecuted and it is so old nobody really gives a Bleeper. Take the medicine, it is GOOD for you.

skyjack71

WHEN YOU WANT THE TRUTHS GO TO THE HORSES MOUTH...

WHY INDIVIDUALS LIE REGARDING THE FACT COULD ONLY BE FOR ONE REASON!

I'd rather get my oats BEFORE they get to the horse, thank you. Having a little first-hand knowledge makes a HUGE difference in comprehending what has been through the horse and what is still palatable. I venture to proclaim that the greater majority of what those other than Jo profess here is the firm clumpy brown round variety of oats. Jo provides less of that, but I'm still not going to be seated at your table. Keep in mind I have no "reason" except to fight for TRUTH, apple pie, etc. "Thou shalt not bear false wittiness against thy neighbor!!" Don't eat bad oats, either!

BobKnoss

Well, the truth of the matter is that Duane examined the string that the "dummy" chute was sewn shut with to be sure nobody tampered with it, because it was packed by the guy that trained him for this mission. I personally heard the instructions given to Weber first hand with my own ears. If he followed instructions, which Mac said he did, he jumped with the dummy chute on his back and the money roped to his front with parachute chords. He cut the stitching and rigged up that practice X chute. AND THAT IS A FACT, not speculation. I WAS there at the training and that is what was supposed to happen.

We have read your ridiculous postings and the one above prove you have NO MARBLES left at all.

[:/]Do you understand what a Dummy Chute is? Evidently NOT. I know iota about chutes - but, if Cooper used the Dummy Chute as his main chute he died that night!

:|Before you claimed the Dummy Chute contained jump boots - now you are saying he used it as a back CHUTE...[:/]

Please take you medication and go to bed. WE all know you were NOT involved & THAT McCoy had nothing to do with Cooper other than doing a Copy CAT which failed miserably.

If the rigger WAS involved - the dummy might have contained some kind of locator. PLEASE note that even this is out in left field, but NOT as absurd as the post you made above!

Cooper had NO assurance of where the FEDS would obtain the chutes.

I was just looking at a couple of photos of Dick Lepsy, who has been missing since 1969 after allegedly taking $2000 from his employer and fleeing to Mexico via aircraft. I noticed he seems to have loose skin on his neck, under his chin. Weird. What's that called? Is that unusual?
(see attached)

RobertMBlevins

Bruce Smith, in my opinion, isn't an inherently bad person (I've met him) but he often can't figure on which side the bread is actually buttered.

My one and only interview with him was done by phone, and only after he alluded to this interview appearing in a local newspaper. He didn't exactly SAY he worked for this newspaper, but he hinted strongly at it. Since we were getting calls from radio stations all over and other media requests at the time, I sort of let him slip through the cracks and did the interview.

The only place his 'interview' ever appeared was at Dropzone. He didn't even bother to put it on his Mountain News blog, which was insulting to the nth degree. I have still tried to help him occasionally with other Cooper-related items, but he would rather smooch up to folks who have either lied outright about certain items (Galen Cook is a good example) or side with people whose main object is trash-talking and hatred.

Smith is on the permanent no-fly with us concerning information releases other than the public ones, and any further interviews. You get burned once or twice, you get to know people (not just Bruce, but a few others), you LEARN how to deal with them.

And my name isn't 'Bobby'. All your comments like that do is make everyone at AB certain the right decision was made about how we deal with you. Frankly, you just can't be trusted. I turned everything we had on KC over to a film production company, including all contact information on everyone listed in our files. You? Sorry...no scoops for you here, Bruce. If you need answers you should just go to Georger, Meyer Louie, Galen Cook, or any of the other hate-mongers/liars you hang out with. ;)

Mostly I am a nice guy. But I have a short fuse for bullshit. If I didn't I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have in the investigation. You would be surprised what living witnesses can provide, as opposed to looking at dredge reports.

In the meantime, Robert, do I have your permission to post in my e-book the pix of Kenny in his purser's uniform that you've posted here?

skyjack71

Your initials are BS and that is what you are.....GO back eons ago in this thread - to a time when Sluggo was here...I am sure I made postings about our route to Tahoe and BEND, OR was of SPECIAL INTEREST.

If my memory serves me - I discussed the smorgasborg in Prineville and the fact that JT makes a trip to the area shortly after I made the posting MANY YRS ago.

I also spoke about the conversation Duane & I had about the boys flying in & out of Redmond....it was the ONE time I asked Duane specifically who the BOYS or GUYS where & what kind of work they did? I thought perhaps it had something to do with the BALLOON searches (That was about all I knew about OR. at that time other than the places he took me on the way to Seattle).

Now EVERYONE knows how little you RESEARCH your questions and how little you validate your sordid remarks.

:oHis Reply! "It's something I can't talk about."

CAT got you tongue? Well, don't fool with CATS - you might come up with something missing - like the hands you use to type your snide & uninformed postings regarding Weber and the things he told his wife.

Speaking of CATS, could I please, purr-ty please, have permission to use the pix of Duane that you posted here in my book. It's taken 1962, I believe. Headshot mostly.

Speaking of CATS, could I please, purr-ty please, have permission to use the pix of Duane that you posted here in my book. It's taken 1962, I believe. Headshot mostly.

NO you do NOT have permission to print a damn thing - I have not read what you wrote about me or Weber, but I have been told it is all NEGATIVE and probably as distasteful and untruthful as everything you put in this thread.

I do not get Ebook or read books
on-line ...if you want to send me a printed edition - and it is something that will NEVER be changed - I will talk to you about it.

Otherwise spend your time with the CAT subject - you might find that little bit of research helpful - if you want to know about Weber.

The 1962 picture looks nothing like the pictures of Duane taken before or after...I have explained that was one the brother scanned to send to me and it is distorted - yet, it is the one I see being used.

Think about WHY?

If you want a REAL picture of Weber as he appeared in 1970/1972 - I will talk.

I have spent 17 yrs trying to explain the 1962 pic was distorted & I have the other pics the brother sent me at the same time to prove this...but NO one CARES - they do not want the truths known.

skyjack71

NO you do NOT have permission to print a damn thing - I have not read what you wrote about me or Weber, but I have been told it is all NEGATIVE and probably as distasteful and untruthful as everything you put in this thread.

I do not get Ebook or read books
on-line ...if you want to send me a printed edition - and it is something that will NEVER be changed - I will talk to you about it.

Otherwise spend your time with the CAT subject - you might find that little bit of research helpful - if you want to know about Weber.

The 1962 picture looks nothing like the pictures of Duane taken before or after...I have explained that was one the brother scanned to send to me and it is distorted - yet, it is the one I see being used.

Think about WHY?

If you want a REAL picture of Weber as he appeared in 1970/1972 - I will talk.

I have spent 17 yrs trying to explain the 1962 pic was distorted & I have the other pics the brother sent me at the same time to prove this...but NO one CARES - they do not want the truths known.

Okay, then. Send me whatever photograph you'd like me to use in my book. You can post it here, or email it to me.

Thanks.

RobertMBlevins

Bruce Smith asks:

'In the meantime, Robert, do I have your permission to post in my e-book the pix of Kenny in his purser's uniform that you've posted here?'

Absolutely NOT. All pictures of Christiansen except for the comparison picture posted by Geoff Gray in his New York Magazine article are the intellectual property of Adventure Books of Seattle. All rights to the Kenny Christiansen story, including images, letters, family-provided documents, etc. are owned by Adventure Books of Seattle, as well. On the comparison picture, you will have to talk to either Gray or the New York Magazine.

You do NOT have permission to use any of the images provided to us by the Christiansen family, with whom we have a signed contract granting all the above rights I mentioned to...you guessed it...Adventure Books of Seattle.

Short, reasonable, text-only excerpts from the book Into The Blast - The True Story of D.B. Cooper ARE allowed under Fair Use rules, but NO pictures.

WARNING: If you violate these copyrights either in print or in eBook format, this is what happens: We get a quick judgment against your print provider and/or Amazon for infringment and then (as allowed by law) base any monetary claim solely on what we THINK we might have lost as a result of such infringement. That means either your book will be removed by Amazon and dumped by your print provider...or we will actually get any money you gain from sales directly from Amazon or your print provider. Probably the former. The main aim of infringement suits isn't necessarily money, but the stoppage of such infringement. Since we know you aren't exactly rich, I would proceed with having your book removed in all formats until such infringement ceases, rather than going after money.

And now that you have brought this up, I will make sure to check your book in all versions to ensure there IS no infringement.

On a side note, if you say in your book that you think KC was a child molester and don't have any witnesses or hard evidence to support such an allegation, I will file complaints with both Amazon and your print provider alleging libel. That is a promise, Bruce. And you should remember that if Amazon removes your book for libelous statements or copyright infringement, they will cancel your account and never allow you to publish another thing at their website, and your book in print form will be permanently banned from Amazon. Your print provider will dump you as well. I have been fairly patient with you on this matter because up until now you haven't done anything except hand out a Word document. But if you go public in print with that crap, I will put a stop to it PDQ. And this is not a difficult job by any means.

EDIT: You know, considering that bullshit allegation in your current Word doc, you sure have a lot of nerve asking for permission to use one of our images. :S

Okie-Dokie, Bob. So, how would you like me to inform my readers what Kenny looks like?

Another alternative is that I post your pix and let people know you're the guy who doesn't want me sharing a pix of Kenny with them?

What would you prefer, sir?

"...I have not read what you wrote about me or Weber..."

How odd. I have posted my entire chapter on you and Duane in these very pages about six months ago.

And I sent the manuscript to you about 18 months ago, which you commented upon and corrected some factual errors. (Thank you).

So how you can remain in the dark is a mystery.

If you like you can call me and I can read it all over the phone.

I'm happy to let my little light shine!

"...It's also cheaper and easier to do that, rather than going in front of a judge, which would cost US money...."

Actually, Bob, the cheapest and easiest thing is to simply make you and Kenny a footnote in my five-hundred page case study of Norjak.

Remember, my book is an investigation of the FBI's investigation of DB Cooper, and you sir haven't even talked to a single case agent or investigator, nor do you write about such. So, you don't bring a whole lot to the table, if you catch my drift.

skyjack71

We had gone off the expressway and turned back to the North...and then he told me about Estacada and Eagle Creek and the man with the birds. In this same time frame he also mention a man was killed not too far from there.

Adendum to my prior posting:

Been looking at maps tonight:
I need an OLD map of the area - like the one in our old atlas that I ditched with the vehicle....I sold in 1995.

We did NOT go beyond the point the expressway turned...it was before that. They had changed a light so we had to go back to the North parallel with the Express way & then we went East...there was a building and I believe it used to be a hardware store or something like that...he commented on...we were in a business district.

Trying to read maps on the computer is very trying...distance - what seems close it too far.

Too many yrs & things have changed - if I had an OLD pre-1979 map that would help....If I could go back in time that would help even more.... the memory is not always reliable.

If I was actually there - things have changed so much - I am sure I would not recognize a thing.

Last night I got carried away & went too far South. Sorry about that. He was heading for Hwy 26, with LOTS of detours. One thru business area....with typical 1950' & 60's business buildings. Where he tells me about a man who died.

On this little map I do not see a Sandy Rd coming off of the Historic Columbia River Road off of 84....Evidently Duane has worked in that area...and he commented on the changes.. East of Troutdale.

He talked about 3 men who had a cabin on the creek...but of course this map doesn't show a Sandy Creek...It shows a tributary running off of the Columbia, but with NO name. The discussion about the 3 men took place near Hwy 84...just off of hwy 84 earlier.

There is a Trout Creek Rd and then a Gordon Creek Rd and the map ends.

A tributary from the Columbia I see no way to cross that area to Sandy unless it just doesn't show on this tiny map.

This is dated 2009.

Going down a road he tells me about Eagle Creek, Estacada. mentions again Goverment Camp, He had told me about this when we where in The Dalles a few day earlier.

He tells me about the man with the birds & the airstrip there - always telling me about airstrips.
States he knows the man, but we are not going there today.

Ralph does NOT recognize any of the picture he has seen of Weber so far. Since Duane knew where ALL 3 of his places were located & specifically pointed them out to me - Duane was probably one of the workers who built the airstrips and installed the Communications system....and paved the strips.

A tower & the clearing of the land required CAT and builders of airstrips.

I am very aware that Duane had AWARE connections - and one of those was a man who the FBI investigated regarding Cooper. His name was Parks & his widow was Mildred. I believe this Mildred would the same woman I would later meet in FL. but she had remarried and her last name had changed.

Duane knew the people & the areas too well not to have spent a lot of time in WA/OR....yet the FBI seems to find NO trace of him!

NO one spends time in WA doing the things Weber did and then just VANISHES!

RobertMBlevins

"...It's also cheaper and easier to do that, rather than going in front of a judge, which would cost US money...."

Actually, Bob, the cheapest and easiest thing is to simply make you and Kenny a footnote in my five-hundred page case study of Norjak.

Remember, my book is an investigation of the FBI's investigation of DB Cooper, and you sir haven't even talked to a single case agent or investigator, nor do you write about such. So, you don't bring a whole lot to the table, if you catch my drift.

Whatever. Into the Blast isn't about the FBI's investigation on Cooper. It's about our private investigation into Kenny Christiansen.

I have sent you a private message on this. You can footnote what you wish. If I see any infringement, or that bullshit child molestation allegation in the final version of your book...I will file complaints about this to Amazon, Barnes and Noble eBooks, Indie, or wherever that book ends up. None of those entities will support you publishing that kind of libelous garbage without proof. They will most likely remove your book and cancel your account(s).

The good news is that you will have at least two sales, because I will take a look at both the print (if available) and the eBook version when it comes out. An actual lawsuit won't be necessary. Quoting of passages and a formal complaint will almost certainly do the job.

You should smarten up anyway, Bruce. If you subbed that ms to a traditional publisher, they would stop cold on that allegation and tell you that you have to either prove it or remove it. So will Amazon and the others, once a complaint is filed. The only difference being that Amazon and the other online entities might just remove your book and cancel your account(s) and permenantly disallow you from publishing anything further with them.

I want to see a public apology from you HERE, and a retraction HERE. At Dropzone. It had better sound sincere. Then...we will talk about licensing you an image or two. I never said I didn't support your book. I have done so publicly before, right here at Dropzone. But you have to be reasonable.

Bruce Smith asks:

'Okie-Dokie, Bob. So, how would you like me to inform my readers what Kenny looks like?

Another alternative is that I post your pix and let people know you're the guy who doesn't want me sharing a pix of Kenny with them?

What would you prefer, sir?'

You can add my picture to your book if you want and say I'm the guy, etc. Actually, the REAL answer to your problem is listed above in my post. Use some common sense and do what you think is best for your book and its possible future. Retraction, apology. HERE. At Dropzone. Then we can talk licensing of images perhaps.

Bobby, we've been through this a couple of times. Sigh

I've never written that Kenny Christiansen was a child molester, so I have nothing to prove. You the only one talking about it. Not me.