47 47
quade

DB Cooper

You must have a Knoss complex. There are a number of Knosses. The other Bob Knoss who lived in Pa. has recently passed away and to Bleeper's dismay, it t'wer not I. I am available to fill in the blanks with truthful facts whenever you decide to quite this game playing. I continue to be amazed at the staying power you all have in the pursuit of misdirection trivia. Like it was really important or something. I'm all ears if anyone wants to susplain the logic of this banter that continues day after day after day… What's the point? If you can't convince 'em with facts, bury 'em in reams of bull. S.O.P.

In order to create an accepted blizzard of fabrication it takes a whole government to support it. i.e., the UFO Russian distraction, Project Norjak, Patton's northern D-Day, Area 51, MLK's death, and a host of undiscussed occurrences. There comes a point when the effort outlives it's purpose. This one is such a waste of time. Some of these have been declassified, like the U2, stealth, Area 51, and a ton of other stuff. Cooper is no big deal. Give it up, people. We pulled the wool over the eyes of congress to get an unpopular job done. 'They' are probably doing lots worst things today. Face facts, too much power in the hands of a few corrupts absolutely.

Too much hydrogen on the brain produces Brain Farts. It is a disorder displayed by one book printer dude on here who acts as a megaphone for all disinformation and a leader of attacks on any truth that might be presented. Strange how anything that is real fact is disputed by this person. Anything and everything truthful. A real distractor of apple pie, Mom, the American Way and Chevrolet. I wish everyone to take a long look at this. The King has no clothes!!! And the Queen is a little loose with, "Off with his head!" "My way or the hiway!"

Other than that, this used to be a fun place to visit. The real facts remain that Duane Weber was DB Cooper, Richard McCoy procured him and the copilot trained him, then McCoy duplicated the jump himself. Initially for a pilot safety demonstration to the airlines, and ultimately as an example of air piracy used to justify executive orders. Those are the real facts about Norjak. It is just typical old USA in action.

"..Since Knoss isn't a noun, there probably isn't a plural for it. Georger is non-available here...he is at the other number..."

Hunh? "Knoss" is most certainly a noun, a proper noun as Sister Michaelangline taught me in 5th grade.

Bobby! How can you make a mistake like this? And you want to be my editor? Whew....

"...I am available to fill in the blanks with truthful facts whenever you decide to quite this game playing..."

A great offer, Bob. Can you give me your attorney's phone number and that of Richard McCoy? I'd like to begin the process of confirming the facts of your story.

As you know, I got nowhere when I asked Nick O'Hara about your story.

Lastly, how do you pluralize your name? Me, it's just "Smiths."

Easy-peasy.

No idea what you GUYS are talking about....other than you all have
Knossitis - Now that is a new disease.

I think Knossitis is contagious & all of you have a touch of it....perhaps someone has a cure.....I HOPE!

I can post very little as I have my own demon to fight right now...

Enjoy yourselves and try not to overdo yourselves or you will be permanently impaired.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Crazy Like What - me?

Just kidding - I have a BUSY wk ahead of me - should be in bed but lots to do & I have to do it FAST.

Those of you who ACTUALLY pray, I am asking for your prayers.....I have a hard road ahead of me.

Nothing I can talk about right now, but Cooper is NOT part of this....

Right now just trying hold on to my sanity - so I do not need any aggravations from the likes of Georger or BS or others who never really did the research on Weber & who do not know me.

See ya Around I hope!

Duane Weber told me on our 1979 trip a story about a man he got in trouble....He said he could never go back to that location - which would have been near Coure de lane, Id and Spokane, WA. In that conversation he mentioned these areas.

Coeur d'Alen, Hayden, Potlatch
Palouse, Pullman, Little Pend and a museum that had a picture of him in it. He mentioned a girl there in one of those places...but, put NO name to her....he got a guy in some trouble and he mentioned an indian reservation...didn't say what kind of trouble!

A lot of Rambling about nothing because the dead has no voice. Weber or the man who assisted him cannot speak for themselves and some know part of the story and some know the rest of the story, but will the pieces ever fit together. The 2 individuals are now elderly and live very far apart - each holding a part of the secret...or secrets.

A man with a secret - not only Weber, but the man who assisted him either before or after the skyjacking - but was the truth - Weber and the other person buried Cooper.

This makes sense with this statement "I got a man in trouble there and I can never go back". Precisely what was he talking about.

Yet, in the throes of death Weber talks about that night & how cold it was & how wet his feet where.

On our return trip from Seattle he talks about a man who lived in a nice subdivision across the track at one of these locations...in Washougal.....Topper Dr., Lieser Pt, or Image Ln. (All 3 are Clark County).

Duane was TRYING to tell me what I needed to know - but, not knowing the area - he had to depend on the clues he left behind...clues that went Poof after the vehicle was sold.

He expected me to be able to digest the things he told me - he wanted a recorder, but the recorder didn't work the tape was blank.

I had a nice discussion with 2 members of the Fazio family today.

One of the elder Fazio's is deceased and the other is still alive.

:)THE HOUSE WAS THERE - AND THEREFORE - SOMEONE IS WORKING WITH ALTERED ARIELS OF THE AREA.

Why would anyone DOCTOR an Ariel in this case? Surely it is a simple mistake.:|

:)The house was as I DESCRIBED IT IN 1979 & 2001.

THIS LEAVES A BIG PUZZLE - WHY WOULD SOMEONE LIKE GEORGER & SLUGGO & ROBERT99 POST FALSE INFORMATION? WHO STARTED IT?

I BELIEVE THEY TOOK SLUGGOS SITE AS ALL FACT - WHEN SLUGGO HIMSELF MADE MISTAKEs - DELIBERATELY OR BY ACCIDENT?

SLUGGO WAS INTO GEO-CACHING SO FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF!

All of this time Robert99 and Georger are working with incorrect maps.:| Maybe they just do not know how to read them or to verify their material.

The next post is about the elevation of the shore line.

The shore line is continually changing along the river an at Tena's bar.

Once cannot compare a photos made of the shore line....

Due to dredging & rains & currents the shore line is forever changing...

The slant of the shore line depends on the dredging, the rains, and other elements.

:S WELL, that shore line is CONTINUALLY CHANGING. It might look straight on month and the a month later have a slant to it.

Hopefully some of you understand how & why they do the dredging & how it changes things...

:oIf NOT read up on it YOURSELF or talk to the dredgers & the people who have lived on the river all of their lives!:P

:|Seems like a lot of Cooper Seekers have NOT done the appropriate research, nor have the ever lived on the river...or in WA full time.

[:/]NEVER believe all you read & with rivers what applies one month might not apply the next month - too many element to consider!

Greetings Everyone,

Sail, his wife Michelle, and I went to see Ralph Hatley today. Here is my report:

I traveled to see Ralph Hatley (RH-2) today at his DZ in Eagle Creek, Oregon, and was honored with a ride and the delightful company of Sailshaw and his wife, Michelle.

Ralph is a robust looking 77-year old guy, with a big pot belly, a big smile, and twinkle in his eye. Yes, he comes across in a rough, authoritative manner that can easily be construed as that of a curmudgeon.

But I found Ralph to be a delightful man to interview over lunch, chatting about DB Cooper. However, he is a man who is cautious and reserved. When we approached controversial topics, such as the role of Earl Cossey in Norjak, he rebuffed many of my questions behind a façade of “I don’t remember,” or I don’t know.”

Hence, we had to warm up to our topics while eating a lovely lunch in bucolic Estacada, Oregon.

At first, Ralph provided some wonderful background, historical points and factoids:

He grew up in the Blue Mountains of eastern Oregon, and his great-grandmother walked the Oregon Trail as a barefoot kid and her family.

Ralph said that he joined the military in 1953 at 16, and served in the 82nd Airborne. He also claimed that he flew DB Cooper’s 727 after Northwest had sold it to a cargo company, and he flew a run to Salt Lake City with a friend who was also the pilot in command. Ralph has a commercial pilot’s license, but he is not rated for a 727, so he back-tracked during the conversation to restate his position, “I was invited to fly the plane.”

RH-2 also told us that he jumped with the Golden Knights in Europe, but that he did not know Ted Braden.

Ralph went to Gresham High School, along with Ted Mayfield, whom he taught how to skydive. Ralph not only confirmed the allegation that Ted had been arrested for armed robbery, but he also gave us the details.

RH-2 told us that Ted had been a part-time delivery driver for a bottling company and knew the work schedules and cash flows of the grocery stores that he serviced. As a result he knew to rob them on Sunday nights when the till was at its fullest. Ralph said that Ted got caught, “the first time,” when he was robbing “Mr. G’s Market” in Oregon City.

As for DB Cooper, Ralph told us that “there was nothing difficult about that jump.” He also said that he had told the FBI that the skyjacker was an experienced skydiver “even before they gave him the money.”

RH-2 described many encounters with FBI agents throughout the early stages of the investigation, and joked that he told one agent that he in fact knew a skydiver named Dan Cooper in Moses Lake, but he was only 20 years old and wore glasses.

He was also interviewed by Jules Mattson, the Portland SAC, and over a lunch RH-2 delivered a photo of the “Century Skydivers of Vancouver,” an elite group of local jumpers. Later, a special investigator from the San Francisco FBI office asked for an interview with Ralph and grilled him on the photograph. Ralph toyed with the G-man, and then in pique of disgust told the guy, who was named Special Agent Bond, that he was the person responsible for giving the photo to Mattson originally.

Ralph was hard to pin down on the question of what parachutes were used and by whom, but he did say that if he was Cooper he would want to use a chute that had a rigger’s card, and one that matched the documentation on the rigging pins so that he would be sure he would have a “fresh chute” free of any electronic devices or tampering by the FBI.

RH-2 also discussed his relationship with Earl Cossey, whom he described as a good friend. However, he hadn’t seen Coss in about ten years, and has never met Coss’ kids, who are now middle-aged adults.

Nevertheless, he said that he had beaten Coss in many skydiving competitions, “But he beat me a few times, too.”

Ralph characterized their friendship as mostly surrounding skydiving. Nevertheless, he said that Coss was only an average poker player and that he, RH, had to “save Coss' ass a couple of times to make sure he didn't get the shit kicked out of him.”

Hatley also told us that the rental houses that Coss renovated had originally been embezzled by Cossey from his mother.

So, Ralph knew about the alleged shady side of Earl Cossey, and agreed that Cossey could be provocative. But he also honored his friend by recalling how beloved Coss was by his students in the middle school where he taught.

Further, Ralph didn’t have anything to offer on the murder of Earl Cossey, though.

As for the Amboy chute, RH-2 said that Coos had indeed called him about the matter, but only spent the time bad-mouthing the FBI and ragging on their inept handling of Norjak. RH-2 shared many of the same opinions.

“The FBI only has tunnel vision.”

After a solid hour of chatting, Ralph suddenly announced: “I’m going to tell you something that’s going to blow your asses out of the water.”

He proceeded to tell us a story that occurred in the 1977-1978 time period.

Ralph said he was contacted by his attorney out of the blue one day. The lawyer said that he had a client that was looking for a “go-between” with the FBI, and wondered if Ralph would agree to carry the client’s requests to the Bureau. Ralph agreed.

The attorney said that his client had knowledge of the identity of DB Cooper and wanted to “come out of the cold.” The client was looking for a promise of immunity from prosecution.

Ralph contacted Ralph Himmelsbach (RH-1), whom he had become friends with through their mutual aviation activities. Himmelsbach said he was willing to hear the offer, but wanted to see a DB Cooper $20 bill before anything substantive could proceed.

RH-2 relayed the information to the attorney, who responded that his client also wanted immunity for a murder.

Again, RH-2 relayed the information.

Himmelsbach replied that he would need to involve the District Attorney in the jurisdiction where the murder had taken place. Again RH-2 and the lawyer relayed the messages.

The murder apparently took place in Washington, and Hatley told us that Himmelsbach had contacted the Washington state authorities, who turned down the murder-immunity deal.

Subsequently, client’s offer to reveal the facts of the case was withdrawn, according to Hatley.

However, Hatley told us that he got the full story on the attorney’s deathbed. He also said that the client is deceased, as well.

This is what Ralph Hatley learned at that juncture.

Hatley told us that the attorney was Jim Leubke of Portland, Oregon, and that the client was a man whom Hatley knew. In fact, Hatley knew the client’s wife as well, who was a teller at a local savings and loan bank. Even though Hatley refused to tell us the name of the client, he shared the details:

The client was part of DB Cooper’s ground team, who all conspired kill DB Cooper for the money. They buried Cooper’s body on the slopes of Mount St Helens before it blew in 1980, and the fate of the money is a bit murky. RH-2 said he was told that the wife “got rid of it when she realized it was hot.”

However, the client also told the attorney to tell Himmelsbach that he “would see some of the money before he retired.”

Since this was taking place in 1978, it appears that it predates the money find at Tina Bar in 1980 and Himmelsbach’s retirement in early April 1980.

Despite not revealing the name of the client, RH-2 said that Himmelsbach knows the name of the client, and in fact Hatley says that he told RH-1 everything about the story.

“If you ask Ralph Himmelsbach for the name of the client and he gives it to you, I will confirm it for you - but I’m not going to tell you.”

We all – Dwight, Michelle, and I – pushed Hatley for the name, but he wouldn’t budge. However, he did relent a bit and told us that the client was also responsible for another murder, one that occurred in the Sandy, Oregon area. Hatley said, “He got away with that one.”

Jo: Bruce and I had lunch with Ralph Hadley and he told us that you had talked with him and he passed on the bad news to you that Duane had ears too big to pass for DB Cooper. You forgot to tell us that little piece of feedback about your husband Duane. We had a nice drive to Eagle Creek and back in one day.

Stay well.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

sailshaw

Jo: Bruce and I had lunch with Ralph Hadley and he told us that you had talked with him and he passed on the bad news to you that Duane had ears too big to pass for DB Cooper. You forgot to tell us that little piece of feedback about your husband Duane. We had a nice drive to Eagle Creek and back in one day.

Stay well.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

Sail, yes it was a great time with Ralph Hatley, but I think you've mixed up stories.

I had said that Bill Mitchell had told me that he had told Jo that Duane's ears were so huge that he would surely have remembered them, and he didn't.

That interview will follow shortly.

You have a few mistakes in your write-up of our lunch today, otherwise it is fairly accurate.

"RH-2 also told us that he jumped with the Golden Knights in Europe"........you're mixed up on this statement.
I told you that I have jumped a number of time with the Army Golden Knights. When I was in Europe jumping with the 11th Abn Division [1956] the Army didn't have the Golden Knight parachute team. They were formed around 1960-61.

Also I told you that Ted Mayfield was a driver for 7UP Bottling Co who drove the vacation routes for the company.
He was a fulltime employee who conned the company into buying him a parachute canopy with the 7 UP logo on it.

BeaverOne

You have a few mistakes in your write-up of our lunch today, otherwise it is fairly accurate.

"RH-2 also told us that he jumped with the Golden Knights in Europe"........you're mixed up on this statement.
I told you that I have jumped a number of time with the Army Golden Knights. When I was in Europe jumping with the 11th Abn Division [1956] the Army didn't have the Golden Knight parachute team. They were formed around 1960-61.

Also I told you that Ted Mayfield was a driver for 7UP Bottling Co who drove the vacation routes for the company.
He was a fulltime employee who conned the company into buying him a parachute canopy with the 7 UP logo on it.

Thanks for the corrections, Beaver One.

And thanks for the stories. I enjoyed the lunch, as well.

Bruce: Thanks for your correction to my statement about Duanes ears being too big to be DB Cooper. So it was a statement you got from your phone call with Bill Mitchell and was not from Ralph Hatley (I got the spelling finally correct). Sorry Ralph for my bad spelling but it was a long day for us and we finally got home around 8 pm having started at 7:30 am that same day. What a great trip with very nice weather and fun to talk with Ralph over lunch. He is a very interesting guy that knows a lot about skydiving and has his Commercial Pilots license too.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

This is the Enquirer attitude you have used in the past - seems like you did NOT expect Mr. Hatley to check on the accuracy of your so called reporting.

Have a NICE evening & CORRECT your crap! Even Sailshaw corrected you!

Poor Mitchell - reported yrs ago exactly what he said --- that he was having a problem with the ears. Duane was known to use dental glue and when his hair was long and the sideburns full - his ears looked just like anyone elses.

Look at any pictures made during that same time era - and the ears always looked larger - had a lot to do with position and lighting with the old film.

You obviously never looked at group pictures of men from the time era of the pictures of Duane versus pictures taken yrs and yrs later.

Duane claimed to have had his ear pinned at one time - I even looked behind his ears when he said that - I did not see anything and did NOT know what I was looking for...or why.
It was at this time he mentioned Dental glue. I was never able to verify that.

sailshaw

Stay well.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

Mr. Hatley never discussed the ears and the conversation with Mitchell was before he was given an explanation of the photographs of the day...the ears were the ONLY problem Mitchell had with Weber & the explanation for that I have discussed in the past...so BRUCE be VERY careful what you say.

I have COPIES of all written COMMUNICATIONS between Mitchell and myself other than the phone calls that were WAY before the Jefferson photo came to light as presented by Shutter - yrs after the FBI had long dropped the ball.

Georger at one time made a post of an obiturary and immediately removed it.... Jack is short for Jaquim.

NO one caught this other than myself.
It was up just LONG enough for me to copy it.

WHY I knew that Georger (JW) knew more than he was telling and why the was always riding me - his entire demeanor changed when he realized knew about Jaquim.

Not sure I am spelling it right, but remember that early on I told the story about Duane getting a BOY in trouble and the sound alike names.

He was of Indian heritage! He tried to contact me after the article Margie Boule wrote in 2001 and I dissed it....but I never forgot it. All Margie and I had was an email address. The man died after 2004.

I had for yrs looked for the sound alike and then the quick obit that Georger put up and took down told me Georger knew more than he was ever going to reveal.

I only came to the thread today to tell how tired I am after a long and exhausting day with driving and seeing the Drs....

It is a a 45 minute drive each way for me. Left at 9:30 AM and arrived home at 5:00 PM.

You guys have fun facing the truths!