47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Jumped at Byron DZ yesterday, Amazon's old hangout. Nice fall day, cold upstairs and blistering hot on the ground. BEAUTIFUL views of the entire SF Bay and Sacramento Delta system.

Here is my first landing from yesterday:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiiHs_OtGJA
I didn't stow my slider (you can hear it flapping) as I wanted all the drag I could get in the no wind conditions.

No swoops, just 747 style landings, straight in and full flaps at the end. GPS showed my approach speed at 30 MPH. 46 years in the sport with no injuries. I leave the dangerous stunts to the hotshot kids. They do swoops that are on the bleeding edge of disaster. It doesn't always work out. There have been several helicopter medivacs in 2014.

Opened at 13,000 ft on first jump to give max canopy hang time. I had telemetry gear and was carrying a ham radio walkie talkie as well. Fun talking to hams up to 80 miles away while cruising two miles above the Earth. Carried position reporting gear too.

See my track here: http://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FAF6IM&timerange=3600&tail=3600

Zoom in for more detail, scale is on upper left. Just click your mouse on the slider and slide it up to zoom.

One of these days I am going to jump with a 1971 vintage CB walkie talkie and demonstrate that Cooper could have communicated with a ground CB station for 15-20 miles easily while aloft. The only problem is that there is ZERO evidence that he used radio comm or nav gear of any kind. But why let facts get in the way of a pleasant fantasy?

I'm not, however, going to replicate Jo's VOR detecting vibrating corset stay device or her tower triangulation transponder nav system.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

RobertMBlevins

Dr Rees, a very intelligent guy you simply chose to blow off, says the human race has no better than a fifty-fifty shot of making it to the year 2100 without a major extinction event. I've read his book. It makes perfect sense, and he puts the possibility of nuclear war pretty far down the list of reasons why.

Blevins, I have no idea who Dr. Rees is but I am NOT blowing him off. If you have read his book, does he mention the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics? If not, you should get in touch with Dr. Rees and refer him to those laws.

Basically, those laws (which are among the very best proven physical laws in science) show that the planet is doomed regardless of famines, population size, nuclear wars, etc..

Those events will speed things up but the planet is still doomed regardless. The reason for the planet's eventual demise is the same reason that we can't have perpetual motion machines.

Robert99

Jumped at Byron DZ yesterday, Amazon's old hangout. Nice fall day, cold upstairs and blistering hot on the ground. BEAUTIFUL views of the entire SF Bay and Sacramento Delta system.

I love my peeps from Byron.... I have many fond memories and many happy days there.

Then the fun stopped. GFD was gone... Deuce left..... several others also died about that time and it was just to hard to go back again... too many ghosts of friends past [:/]

I don't know if anyone brought this up before but if those sticks of dynamite were flares, could he have signaled someone on the groud where he was coming down?
Secondly, we know the test showed that a 200 pound sled worked perfect, but this was during a storm with updrafts(?) windshear(?) could he have been pulled up into the jet thrust and to spare details have his parachute straps burned off? In this scenario, the money ,(20 pounds) could have been tied to the chute and drifted (miles?) Just wondering!

mark74

I don't know if anyone brought this up before but if those sticks of dynamite were flares, could he have signaled someone on the groud where he was coming down? [Yes, but nobody saw any aerial launched flares except "Janet"].
Secondly, we know the test showed that a 200 pound sled worked perfect, but this was during a storm with updrafts(?) windshear(?) could he have been pulled up into the jet thrust [No] and to spare details have his parachute straps burned off? [No] In this scenario, the money ,(20 pounds) could have been tied to the chute and drifted (miles?) Just wondering! [chute drift depends on hang time which depends on suspended weight, lighter drifts farther]

I've jumped from a DC 9 jet. No chance of getting fried by exhaust. You fall below the plane's altitude too quickly. You don't even get a whiff of fumes or a warm blast. Nothing.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Find me MORE on this man. Where was he in 1962 - 1968 and what was he doing at that time...

Remember the man Duane told me about & what he told me. The guy worked on something to do with tracking & signals & towers. Duane said the man invented something while in the military & continued to work on it after he left the military...Someone else who had worked on the project or program - later TOOK credit for the invention....(they stole his invention) this guy never saw a dime nor was he acknowledged.

Duane mentioned something about BACKERS out of Vegas if I am remembering correctly.

I have tried to explain this before.

I do NOT know how or when Duane knew this man other than Duane did mention the man was in the service - I did understand it was something the man conceived and worked on himself & continued to work on...it. The technology was about communications and tracking devices and he mention the plane guidance system and COMMUNICATIONS - microwave and towers.

Duane mentioned others took credit for this man's invention & the man never saw a dime. From the jest of the conversation I assumed this man was the same man who Duane told me about earlier. He had taken me to One of the Dams - and told me about a man who used to work there and that he lost his job, but got it back in a few weeks.

THEN in 2010 I am told a story that paralled the story Duane told me. (Note I DID NOT know the STORY about the man on the TOWER being questioned regarding Cooper or that such a man was investigated until 2010).

The individual who told me about this man had NO KNOWLEDGE of th story Duane had told me. The individual told me there was a small article about it in the paper right after the crime & the man was investigated as having possibly been involved. He was cleared.

The man was employed in one of the Dam Towers...and there was a qlich about the time of the skyjacking. He was investigated and relieved of his position & then later rehired. I was not told the man's name and I do not know if the other party knew the name.

Duane's words "I used to know a man who worked the tower and lost his job, but got it back later". My deduction: The man Duane told me about & the man I was told about in 2010 then therefore had to be the same person.

ANY of you able to get into those FBI files can get that name - AGENT CARR never LOOKED!...BUT, I didn't know about the man being questioned & relieved of his job being connected to Cooper.

I had discussed this man and told the story - but, the story Duane told me came back to me in 2010 from the words of a person who worked & lived in the area and associated with WA at the time of the crime.

There was also a short article at one time about it immediately after the skyjacking.

Duane did mentioned locator systems & specifically told me this....the man never received a dime...because others (I assumed military) had backers and developed the system for private use.

The DATES jive...you tell me things thinking they will make me just go away, but I have told the story before -but the things you mention only verify the things Duane told me - things not yet written about or discussed in 1979 by the general public.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Who Invented GPS Tracking?

Roger L. Easton, of Vermont, is widely credited as the man who invented GPS tracking as a practical technique used for military purposes.

By the 1960s and 1970s, Easton had developed technology used for the United States Global Positioning System, based in large part on his original concepts. Like GPS systems today, Easton’s GPS used signal time and known distance to calculate specific positions on the ground. Between 1967 and 1977, four satellites were used to test his methods.

THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF WHAT YOU ARE DISCLOSING - NOW GO DEEPER! THINK ABOUT THIS AND ALL OF THE THINGS DUANE TOLD ME AND SHOWED ME! DO NOT FORGET INTERMOUNTAIN COMMUNICATIONS - 1962 TO 1972. THEY UTILIZED MUCH OF WHAT WAS KNOWN....WHY WHAT THAT DID WAS SECRET.

skyjack71

Who Invented GPS Tracking?

Roger L. Easton, of Vermont, is widely credited as the man who invented GPS tracking as a practical technique used for military purposes.

By the 1960s and 1970s, Easton had developed technology used for the United States Global Positioning System, based in large part on his original concepts. Like GPS systems today, Easton’s GPS used signal time and known distance to calculate specific positions on the ground. Between 1967 and 1977, four satellites were used to test his methods.

THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF WHAT YOU ARE DISCLOSING - NOW GO DEEPER! THINK ABOUT THIS AND ALL OF THE THINGS DUANE TOLD ME AND SHOWED ME! DO NOT FORGET INTERMOUNTAIN COMMUNICATIONS - 1962 TO 1972. THEY UTILIZED MUCH OF WHAT WAS KNOWN....WHY WHAT THAT DID WAS SECRET.

JO, PAY ATTENTION FOR A MINUTE!!!!!

SINCE YOU COPIED THE INFORMATION ABOUT INTERMOUNTAIN COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE CIA'S WEB PAGE AND THEN CLAIMED THAT DUANE WAS INVOLVED WITH IT, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHY IT WAS SECRET. CIA=SECRET!

BUT IN REALITY, DUANE DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE CIA OR ANY OF THE OTHER GROUPS THAT YOU HAVE CLAIMED.

AND DUANE WAS SURE AS HELL NOT DB COOPER!

GET A LIFE!

ROBERT99

Robert99

JO, PAY ATTENTION FOR A MINUTE!!!!!

SINCE YOU COPIED THE INFORMATION ABOUT INTERMOUNTAIN COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE CIA'S WEB PAGE AND THEN CLAIMED THAT DUANE WAS INVOLVED WITH IT, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHY IT WAS SECRET. CIA=SECRET!

BUT IN REALITY, DUANE DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE CIA OR ANY OF THE OTHER GROUPS THAT YOU HAVE CLAIMED.

AND DUANE WAS SURE AS HELL NOT DB COOPER!

GET A LIFE!

ROBERT99

WELL ROBT99 - PERHAPS YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE & STOP MAKING THINGS UP.

I was talking about Intermountain Communications before I knew the name of it. Think about that - I was telling the things Duane told me, but did NOT know they had to do with Intermountain Communication....

YOU do realize Duane actually took me to these places & told me about them - but, I didn't know it was called Intermountain Communications.

You do know I met INDIVIDUALS connected to IMC - but didn't know that was their connection to Weber.

You do know I told about the activities near Canon City - BEFORE I knew it was the early camp for IMC? You are aware Duane made a detour there on one of our trips? You do KNOW that was WHAT caused me to investigate that OTHER place in Canon.

You DO know I was talking about other places they had training & emcampments BEFORE I knew these other location were connected to IMC?

You do know I did not know what "IN PLANE SITE" MEANT to Duane - I thought it was just a saying - not until I learned part of his history?

YOU DO KNOW the woman with him during those yrs I was in touch with for several yrs? You do know she had a picture of herself with Jane (Richard Peterson - Paperlegs, wife) ?

You do know Duane went to see Paperlegs after his trip to WA & left him a little package? I didn't know until this thread that Paperlegs lived in that little town in CO.

You do know that Intermountain had excons working for them? A KNOWN FACT!

You do know Duane was off the map 1962 to 1966? You do know Duane DID know Paperlegs and his wife?

You do know that other family member of Weber's extended family (thru his common law wife) were connected to Intermountain communication?:SNo you didn't because I never told this before!

Yes, I read an article - but, I had already been discussing these things LONG LONG before I ever saw an IMC article or knew what it was?

Do YOUR RESEARCH before you BASH someone like that!

When I was talking about IMC in the very beginning - I had NO IDEA what it was CALLED. I told about the places & the people & did NOT know what kind of operation it was. YOU do realize I had NO access to a computer until 2000.

You do know I found the exwife/girlfriend and we talked & she told me lots of these things - & she never mentioned the name of the group! How could I research something I didn't know the name of? She was the one who told me about 3 months here and 6 wks there - always with the same guys.

Did you simply forget that or were you instructed to ignore anything Jo found or disclosed about IMC.

Perhap it is YOU sir that needs a reality check up!

When you trace the background of John Collins & the places he lived & the people he knew as JOHN! Then you can PUBLICALLY bash me!

YOUR adamation makes one wonder if you are only here to bash or bury the truths Jo found! GO back to the inception of this thread - GO back to my communciations with Ralph Himmelsbach (1996) - I talked about these things - but, with no name for this group or it's involvement in anything, but Weber was definitely involved with Intermountain Communications - perhaps only as a rogue con on a mission - but he was involved.

I do not mind being corrected about something or learning about something I did not grasp or understand - but you are BLATANTLY calling me a LIAR,but the written word & recorded conversations dispute your words.

Yes, I saw the article you are referring to - but, I was talking about these thing LONG LONG before that - I was telling these thing yrs before I ever used a computer...and I had NO idea what IMC was - just the stories about the people - that is what I knew & what these people did & then I learn that ALL he told me did really exist.

A man still lives in Leadville who was part of that - he was connected to Weber - I have known about him since before Duane died!....BUT, did not understand the depth of the small things my memory contained.

YOU are aware that IMC used some old jumpers from the N.W. and their buddies? You are aware that Paperlegs was also in the N.W. & how he knew a couple of the guys & why he went back there to retire.

ROBERT I assure you this IS not a part of the story you even WANT to attempt to tear down! YOU better go WAY back and READ my postings for the last 14 yrs.

RobertMBlevins

Jo says in part:

'Find me MORE on this man. Where was he in 1962 - 1968 and what was he doing at that time...'

If you are referring to Duane, this is an impossible task for the general public, or pretty much anyone at Dropzone. The only people who would know Duane's movements & actions at that time are the people who were either with him in a relationship, his known friends, relatives, and associates, or possibly his children if he has any.

:)
Surely Robt YOU are aware I did do my research & most of what I know about those yrs 1962 to 1972 does come from family members & individuals Duane knew &/or individuals I ACTUALLY met.

Virtually nothing is know about Duane from 1962 until 1966 & I am the only person who even attempted to talk to the individuals known to him.

The FBI sure as hell didn't do their job - they contacted the ex & scared her. She had a little FIRE before they showed up for a visit

The daughter was the one who told me what really happened before the FBI came to their home....she burned the evidence.

1962 to 1972 - Comes from Duane himself & from family members who were living when I first contacted them - all by PHONE & I have the DAMN PHONE BILLS to prove it!

The FBI CHOSE to ignore me. Why I don't know - but, I know what the ex-wife told me & the kids told me.

The ex-wife knew Duane was Cooper & so did her daughter!
The youngest son had some memories, but he was just a child...his mother was not exactly a functional parent during those last 3 yrs after Duane was released from Canon in 1968.

I wish I could have known them & thankful someone was there with a safety net....only one fell through the cracks....she died 2 yrs before her mother. Their childhood was NOT easy - never spending a school term in one school - always drifting and never knowing when they would be on the move again.

The woman in Duane's life from 1962 to 1966 was NO angel. She loved her children, but she had a life style not conductive to being a good parent....she sorely regretted this - and tried to make things right with her life & with her children. She did a pretty good job, but as it is with children it is sometime difficult to move away from the hurts of the past.

This is and old post made by TBrown:

tbrown

If I'm not mistaken, Jo Weber's husband, who died of cancer, showed her a place in Washington state where the FBI now believes Cooper would've landed - dead or alive. It turns out they were looking in the wrong place for many years because the original investigation had no pilots among the FBI team, so there were some basic misunderstandings about the course of the plane through the air, compared with what the "whuffo" agents estimated. And the place Weber's husband pointed out to her was NOT the area that the FBI suspected at the time. It WAS however very very close to the location where the young boy discovered some of the cash from the hijacking, which has been traced beyond any shadow of a doubt by the serial numbers on the bills. Trouble is, he showed this place to his wife a year or two before the kid found the money.

Odd I had never seen this post and a few others - done before I started to even post here. Just thought it was interesting.

WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?

FF Geek

Members
976 posts
Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

I do not know the specifics of the acquisition but my former business partner's son has a 20 dollar bill with the serial # of one of the missing stolen 20s.
I understand that the Govt has a $ 1000 offer for it or any other missing bills but it's my understanding that he already has a private offer in excess of $ 22,000.

I'm sure most of you are too young or just don't care but once this becomes a news event I think it'll be the biggest news of the history of bank robbery.

JMHO

Is this real - who are these people and is the FBI aware of this.

This man is talking about his son - who is his son. I was unaware of this other than the guy who bought one of the pieces at the auction and was trying to sell it....

skyjack71

This is and old post made by TBrown:

***If I'm not mistaken, Jo Weber's husband, who died of cancer, showed her a place in Washington state where the FBI now believes Cooper would've landed - dead or alive. It turns out they were looking in the wrong place for many years because the original investigation had no pilots among the FBI team, so there were some basic misunderstandings about the course of the plane through the air, compared with what the "whuffo" agents estimated. And the place Weber's husband pointed out to her was NOT the area that the FBI suspected at the time. It WAS however very very close to the location where the young boy discovered some of the cash from the hijacking, which has been traced beyond any shadow of a doubt by the serial numbers on the bills. Trouble is, he showed this place to his wife a year or two before the kid found the money.

Odd I had never seen this post and a few others - done before I started to even post here. Just thought it was interesting.

Jo, The FBI got the information from the Seattle Air Traffic Control people about the airliner's flight path between Seattle, Portland, and points south immediately after the hijacking. Less than a week after the hijacking, the FBI had complete access to all relevant records and the flight path was precisely known.

To claim that the FBI didn't have access to that information in 1971 (and today also) is nonsense.

Robert99

Robert99

***This is and old post made by TBrown:

***If I'm not mistaken, Jo Weber's husband, who died of cancer, showed her a place in Washington state where the FBI now believes Cooper would've landed - dead or alive. It turns out they were looking in the wrong place for many years because the original investigation had no pilots among the FBI team, so there were some basic misunderstandings about the course of the plane through the air, compared with what the "whuffo" agents estimated. And the place Weber's husband pointed out to her was NOT the area that the FBI suspected at the time. It WAS however very very close to the location where the young boy discovered some of the cash from the hijacking, which has been traced beyond any shadow of a doubt by the serial numbers on the bills. Trouble is, he showed this place to his wife a year or two before the kid found the money.

Jo, The FBI got the information from the Seattle Air Traffic Control people about the airliner's flight path between Seattle, Portland, and points south immediately after the hijacking. Less than a week after the hijacking, the FBI had complete access to all relevant records and the flight path was precisely known.

To claim that the FBI didn't have access to that information in 1971 (and today also) is nonsense.

Robert99

WHY! Robert do YOU attack every post I make...I was only posting something I do not remember reading made on the DZ..in fact I believe it was made before I ever posted on the DZ and I do NOT know the source of the infomation used.

I simple stated that I thought the posting was interesting - but, I did NOT state it was accurate or it reflected what I had told other.

YOU 4 some REASON need to attack viciously every post I make regardless - nor do you check out the source or even judge by the dates or the source....you just attack.

So why don't you do this - ignore any and all posts I make unless they are sent to you or replied to a post you made! Agreed!....Would make like much simpler - I do don't need your agitating demeaning posts about every word I say & in this case second hand information stated in the DZ.

Something that was NOT even a quote of my words.

It was just an interesting post & observation.

Some of the information was obviously wrong, so take it from there. Duane died of a heritary form of kidney disease - not cancer.

Note he does not explain how I thought the money got there....it was just one of the spots Duane took me and "ordered" me to stay in the car.

It was the location of one of the several stops we made in 1979. None of the stops indicated Weber jumped there - just one of the many spots he made along the way & these specific locations LATER becoming major factors in the location of the money.

A simple deductions - if you actually read my story and actually istened to the things I have said.

That makes sense. I don't know if this fits into your theory or not (I still like my gold standard idea) but I noticed that the money was found (according to the net) Feb 10, 1980. that would be 3000 days after the hi-jack.
8x365 +2 leap year days + 6 days Nov ,31 dec,31 Jan, 10Feb.
If he happened to bury the money on All Souls Day Nov 2, 1979, that would be 2900 days from the hi-jack If the grudge was 2 souls, that would be 2x2900 or 5800. I'm just throwing this out there if someone else has additional facts and can use it!

Mark74, I think you'd like this book:

David's Flynn's book the 'Temple at the Center of Time'...
...in which he presents his work on Sir Isaac Newton's theological speculation about the correlation of dates and distances in relation to the postion of the Holy of Holies on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.

skyjack71

******This is and old post made by TBrown:

Robert99

WHY! Robert do YOU attack every post I make...I was only posting something I do not remember reading made on the DZ..in fact I believe it was made before I ever posted on the DZ and I do NOT know the source of the infomation used.

I simple stated that I thought the posting was interesting - but, I did NOT state it was accurate or it reflected what I had told other.

YOU 4 some REASON need to attack viciously every post I make regardless - nor do you check out the source or even judge by the dates or the source....you just attack.

So why don't you do this - ignore any and all posts I make unless they are sent to you or replied to a post you made! Agreed!....Would make like much simpler - I do don't need you agitating demeaning posts about every word I say and in this case second hand information stated in the DZ.

Something that was NOT even a quote of my words.

It was just an interesting post and and an observation.

Some of the information was obviously wrong so take it from there. Duane died of polycysitic kidney diseas - not cancer.

Note he does not explain how I thought the money got there.

It was the location of one of the several stops we made in 1979 and the stop or stops he referenced did not indicated Weber jumped there - just one of the many spots Weber did take me to and the many mysterious statements he made along with the specific places LATER becoming major factors in the location of the money.

A simple deductions - if you actually read my story and actually istened to the things I have said.

Jo, I did NOT attack YOU which is what you are implying. I simply pointed out that the post you quoted was wrong when it claimed that the flight path was not known.

The actual and correct flight path has been known since the evening of the hijacking.

So just calm down and stop trying to present yourself as a victim.

Robert99

Mark74, I think you'd like this book:

David's Flynn's book the 'Temple at the Center of Time'...
...in which he presents his work on Sir Isaac Newton's theological speculation about the correlation of dates and distances in relation to the postion of the Holy of Holies on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.

Good grief! 377, please don't mention Newton's beliefs about alchemy.

Newton was right about some things and wrong about some things. His reputation would probably be better served if his "scientific" endeavors were not advertised so well.

Robert99

Robert99

The FBI got the information from the Seattle Air Traffic Control people about the airliner's flight path between Seattle, Portland, and points south immediately after the hijacking. Less than a week after the hijacking, the FBI had complete access to all relevant records and the flight path was precisely known.

Jo, I did NOT attack YOU which is what you are implying. I simply pointed out that the post you quoted was wrong when it claimed that the flight path was not known.

The actual and correct flight path has been known since the evening of the hijacking.

Robert99

WELL, Robt just why has the FIGHT path been debated all of the yrs if the information was set in concrete? WHY did the search AREAS NOT include the Tena's Bar area. Why was their search EFFORTS more to the East and North of the Columbia?

YOU do NOT really know what they had access to - just what was publicized. In 43 yrs - the stories reported by those on the flight and on the ground have changed.

Some of the statements made do NOT even resemble statements stated yrs ago.

If the FIGHT path was KNOWN as you indicate - then why didn't they search those area in 1971? Why were the NOT dredging the Columbia the next day?

They didn't because the information indicated Cooper jumped North of the Columbia and exited some place beteen Ariel and Battleground....

To have jumped over Vancouver or Portland - would have been asking to be caught or asking for certain death...yards, street lights, power lines and just about every obstacle you could possibly name!

There are buildings and lighting in those area and the area too populated....Cooper exited before he ever reach the Vancouver area and his intentions were to jump North of 500. He knew were every pit and tower and air strip was in those location. He knew were the rails and the logging towers were.

He did NOT jump until after the plane crossed the Lewis River - there were 3 dams located on that river & even without visibility he was able to get a signal the plane was in the drop zone area.

The signals on those towers were equipped with best technology available at that time.

The newest & last one built was to the East....that is also the tower the old friend was working at...the one who temporarily lost his job because there was a glich that night in the procedures...this was quickly glossed over with no reason given for the glich.

Think about the technoglogy in that last Dam tower & think about the possibility of it being used briefly for another purpose....just a switch or claiming a qlich when he walked away from his station...they were suppose to have relief if they just had to go to the bathroom. DID YOU KNOW THAT? That is HOW sensitive the equipment was.

Just how this worked I do not know - but it was beyond the technology supposedly available at that time.

Duane talked about that particular Tower more than once and he knew the man who worked there....just a little too much of a co-incidence to me.

Also the fact that the man who worked the tower was involved in communications with Air America or Area 51 or just another term in the military before to returning to civilian life. This man was instrumental in developing technolgoy others took credit for.
He had a grudge - a big one!

NOW find the name of the man and why they took him off the job and why he became suspect in the crime! IN those vast files the FBI has NEVER made public is the name of this man.

NOTE: Also after the crime there was a very small article about the qlich with that tower about the time the plane was in that sector and because of that qlich the man was being looked at.....

NOW, Robt 99 - get the FBI to give U access to those files. IT has been TRIED and the only way is to find that one small article and see if the man's name was there and then to obtain the employment records to see if that man was working there and then RESEARCH the man's past - it will correlate with the path of another man involved in criminal activities....one with a death sentence awaiting him - one for which technology regarding any treatment was relative primitive.

Robert99

The FBI got the information from the Seattle Air Traffic Control people about the airliner's flight path between Seattle, Portland, and points south immediately after the hijacking. Less than a week after the hijacking, the FBI had complete access to all relevant records and the flight path was precisely known.

Robert99

Jo writes:

WELL, Robt just why has the FIGHT path been debated all of the yrs if the information was set in concrete? WHY did the search AREAS NOT include the Tena's Bar area. Why was their search EFFORTS more to the East and North of the Columbia?

YOU do NOT really know what they had access to - just what was publicized. In 43 yrs - the stories reported by those on the flight and on the ground have changed.

Some of the statements made do NOT even resemble statements stated yrs ago.

If the FIGHT path was KNOWN as you indicate - then why didn't they search those area in 1971? Why were the NOT dredging the Columbia the next day?

They didn't because the information indicated Cooper jumped North of the Columbia and exited some place beteen Ariel and Battleground....

To have jumped over Vancouver or Portland - would have been asking to be caught or asking for certain death...yards, street lights, power lines and just about every obstacle you could possibly name!

There are building and lighting in those area and the area too populated....Cooper exited before he ever reach the Vancouver area and his intentions were to jumped North of 500.

He did NOT jump until after the plane crossed the Lewis River - there were 3 dams located on that river & even without visibility he was able to get a signal the plane was in the drop zone area.

The signals on those tower are good with the best at that time the last one to the East....that is also the tower the old friend was working at...the one who temporarily lost his job because thre was a glich that night in the procedures...this was quickly glossed over with no reason given for the glich.

Think about the technoglogy in that last Dam tower and think about the possibility of it being used briefly for another purpose.

Just how this would work I do not know - but it was beyond the technology supposedly available at that time.

Duane talked about that particular Tower more than once and of course the fact you knew someone who worked there....just a little too much of a co-incidence to me.

R99 replies:

Jo, ALL of the flight path information was included in the Seattle ATC transcripts and Oakland ATC transcripts that were provided to the FBI within one week of the hijacking.

The flight path described by those transcripts is the ONE and ONLY valid flight path. There were NOT two flight paths. You will need to talk to the FBI people on the scene in 1971 about why they did whatever they did.

You should read these transcripts and the cover letters instead of fabricating some silly stories about Duane having some highly developed radio receivers integrated into his underwear.

Your stories don't even have the right organizations and locations in your claims about Duane's participation in various communication and electronic activities.

Your claims are nothing but baloney regardless of how many times you repeat them.

Robert99

You evaded the most important question in the Cooper case.

The flight path! I will tell you this if the flight path was indeed the same as you guys are claiming to work with that puts the plane - West of the Interstate and West of Vancouver and Portland - they have BEEN ALTERED.

All of the ground reports and the area seached by the authorities was definitly not along the interstate and not in Vanvouver and NOT West of Portland. Those reports put that plane over the Battleground area and the most Westward sighting...in 1971.

The co-pilots description of what he saw puts the plane North of Vancouver....with his being able to see the haze of Vancouver from his window (on the right side of the plane) THAT is where the co-pilots seat is.

One has to remember this was his first time flying that route...

Did YOU know that? Probably NOT!
How many of you knew the night of the skyjacking was the CO-pilots first experience on that route.

I keep thinking I spoke to the ACTUAL pilot and he verified this - but, maybe it was the engineer. IT was very early on in my search.

I can't call it research since it was personal...Just a widow searching for answers. I do remember the individual telling me he did NOT usually do these things - but made an exception for me at the request of his wife. I hope I still have the notes on this....it may be only sqibbles,I cannot decipher, but it was before 2001. At that time I had met my last husband and was trying to go forwaard with my life, but Cooper kept getting in the way!

I have a complaint:
OTHERS from the other thread that is so private you have to be a PI to get into it does NOTHING but slander others who participate here.

I have NOT wanted to post to that thread - but, I should be allowed to read any postings made referencing me or Duane Weber.

Before I could at least READ what was being said and now not even allowed to do that.

[:/]:S:|:o:P:P>:(

This post is to inform everyone that GALEN COOK has NOT stopped his ATTACKS against me.
I received a letter from the United States Senate stating there has been an inquiry & it would require my written consent. This regarded my medical records and other personal information.

I asked where the inquiry came from and the young lady did not know how to answer the question.
Well when the Senate sends a letter asking for records on a person, they have to identify themselves and the purpose of the request.

I informed her of this and then she refers me to another division.

Well, I can no longer pay attorney fees to HALT individuals like GALEN COOK and others with a personal vendetta or a purpose to discredit Jo Weber....or worse.

IT took lots of money and loss of time and paper work (not to mention the stress) to put this to rest several months ago regarding accusation made by you know who.

The FBI denied he had or has any access other than what is released to the general public.

I expect this NEW action was generated by my skepticism regarding our Bully in WA who does nothing, but write disgusting things about anyone involved in the case who stands up to him.

I therefore today contacted someone who has been wanting to do something regarding my battle and said DO IT! These individuals know I chose to only seek the truths and not to take alternate public avenues.

Well the approach is NOT going to be the EXPECTED - like a movie or a book....and I am NOT the only one involved.

I do NOT interview well at all...as I am a VERY private person other than the COOPER story...so I do not know how this will be handled - but, it will be done!

We ALL agree , IT is TIME!