47 47
quade

DB Cooper

BruceSmith

In August of 2000 Tina was STILL a nun and it was not known if Tina would be ALLOW to view photos of Weber..."

Prove it, Mrs. Cooper. Sister Elizabeth Mary told me Tina left the convent about 1991. All other family members that I have spoken with concur

See what I mean - when you are confrontal like that you can get your ass kicked! Go read Margie's article - I put quotes around it! Those were NOT my words.

:)

THAT WOULD BE HILLARIOUS....
YOU MIGHT NEED A CHANGE OF CLOTHES!

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

August 13, 2000

Margie made this remark when she did a follow up on her story - she was a remarkable writer and I was probably the most difficult undertaking of her career...I am journalist's night mare and I know that.

I know I am my own worse enemy and I defeated myself by being so difficult....I felt every thing had to be accurate with no liberaties taken.

Margie Boule of the Oregonian really sums this up with these words on August 13, 2000 - words, I believe have become a reality.

"THEY SAY MEMORY PAINTS PICTURES.
COOPER'S CRIME MAY BE A LANDSCAPE THAT HAS BECOME TOO DARK TO SEE."

From the Oregonian August 23, 2000

How VERY perceptive Margie Boule was. Seemingly her words 14 yrs ago may have been prophetic.

Jo wrote

Maybe RALPH WILL REQUIRE YOU [Bruce] JUMP OUT OF PLANE BEFORE HE WILL ALLOW YOU TO INTERVIEW HIM !

Both Sailshaw and Bruce have medical reasons to stay grounded. I wouldn't jump solo after a heart attack or with two artificial knees. I know both guys. Sail is a pilot. I think they'd both do fine as jumpers but prudence dictates otherwise. I would worry about Bruce a bit since he sees gravity as an option not a law. Sail, as an engineer, knows that he who thinks he can beat gravity will make a big impression, literally.

Why don't you make a tandem jump Jo. FL is chock full of DZs. ;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I would worry about Bruce a bit since he sees gravity as an option not a law. 377

Sorry, I know this is morbid - but that made me LOL! & just trying to respond has me laughing....geez I must be one sick puppy, but frankly Brucie deserves to have to jump for his interview....of Course there are rules.

If he goes in there and pissed Ralph off - woe be Bruce. Hope BRUCE knows he will be competing with a room full of birds!:)
How did Ralph get started with all of those bird? Duane told me about them in 1979 when he spoke of Ralph so evidently Ralph had birds before that.....

So what is your explanation for Duane knowing where Ralph lived and that he had all of those birds - NOTE we are talking 1979 and I knew ZERO about Cooper and what I did read 8 yrs before in a news paper did not mean squat to me.

Ralph has viewed pics of Weber but did not recognize him - but HOW did Duane know him prior to 1979? He had no explanation of why Duane would claim to know him & he did not recognize Weber.

I have NO idea what Hately looks like. Never saw a picture of him.

Jo told Ralph H and anyone who would listen from the very beginning...the same stories I tell here - but Zero Ville.

I tried to remember all of the stops & akk Duane told me and I told Mr. H and JT - the FBI didn't take time to ever listen to me.

I am pretty sure the jump place with all the birds in OR was mentioned by me on a tape I made and/or a handwritten accounting I tried to do of my memories. IF this was after 2000 they would claim an acquired memory, but it was before 2000.

I have someone who is trying to get pictures off of those old negatives Duane had - the ones where the pics went poof.

I know one of them is Stanley Gilliam but I didn't have a pic with me to compare with. There are 5 guys and obviously Duane is taking the pics...there are NO women and they are in THE WOODS & The Mountians and
definitely WA. The damn pic of the WALL has me puzzled - but I have to wait for the hard copies - and the negatives are damaged and back then there was no dates - the dates started later.

The only SET of negatived that look like these but at one time I actually saw real pics - those pics no longer exist - so maybe Duane did something with them & forgot about the negatives..he told me they were important so why I didn't discard them.

See Ya.

skyjack71

I would worry about Bruce a bit since he sees gravity as an option not a law. 377

Sorry, I know this is morbid - but that made me LOL! & just trying to respond has me laughing....geez I must be one sick puppy, but frankly Brucie deserves to have to jump for his interview....of Coure Ralph is way to rule consciece & if Brucie is still as overweight as he was - too dangerous!

I like to play in the sky.. well I used to before my health grounded me.

Some of the new disciplines like proximity flying test the bounds of the sport. Somewhere up on Mt Si just east of Seattle is a young man that lost with his playing with gravity and the rocks. No one has yet to stmble across his body up there in the cliffs.

Skydiving can be thought of as a game of rock, paper, meat sack...... It is always well to remember that when playing the game with gravity... ROCK always wins. Some people like to kid themselves that skydiving is safe... no it is not safe.. but it is survivable for most people... you MITTIGATE the risk to the best of your ability... and millions of jumps a year.. we get away with it most of the time.

Amazon wrote

Some people like to kid themselves that skydiving is safe... no it is not safe.. but it is survivable for most people... you MITTIGATE the risk to the best of your ability... and millions of jumps a year.. we get away with it most of the time.

Never safe. Sweetly calling you to the edge with a song that mortals cannot resist. The Sirens had wings. Homer just never looked skyward.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo wrote

Ralph has viewed pics of Weber but did not recognize him - but HOW did Duane know him prior to 1979? He had no explanation of why Duane would claim to know him & he did not recognize Weber.

Occam has an answer but you won't like it Jo.

Occam has an answer but you won't like it Jo.

Regarding McCoy

We had been transferred to Va from Ga. Duane showed me where McCoy was killed when he was orientating me to the area - shopping center and groceries.

He explained to me who McCoy was and I did know about the crime, but was never interested in things like that & I long before had forgotten how he reacted to the money find in 1979 - it was just NOT part of my life.

I think I actually expelled negative thoughts about others from my mind. Most would have connected the incidents - I didn't & life was good.

We were basically on a honeymoon - we were making good money and we worked together and we played together....We loved the beach and we were there when the weather permitted. He was out of the reach of his ex-wife and we paid her off and started over.

Why I didn't pick up on the connections to our trip in 1979 I will never know - but, simply I did not.

In the back of my mind - I was sorting it out - just shook my head at any negative thought I could have about this man who treated me like China Doll - We were good and we were a good match. I did not know a union between two people could be so harmonious.

Our relationship never was dull and guess it was a relationship neither of us had ever experience before.

ODD now that I think back over things - DUANE never pressured me - he always made me feel loved & he understood me - I didn't feel I had to pretend to be something I was not. Even my children were pleased how Duane and I interacted. IT was good.

Duane could take a worst case senario and make it into something good....we didn't talk about the past - it was the here and now and what we going to do next wk or next month and we were saving for the future...Life was HOW it was supposed to be.

Then the Kidney started to fail in 1986. He was acceoting and cautious, but the Dr.s were good.

By 1987 he was on Disability with the company and we moved to AL - a move that was costly as I knew others had never been able to turn AL around - yet Duane was sure we could do it...I was the manager on paper but he really did the managment.

It didn't work and I went to work as a manufactures rep traveling the state of AL and Panhandle of FL - then we moved to Fl....and we bought a home.

He opened up a shop and I went back to insurance sales and that wss our life. A boring couple - but we were never bored with each other.

Robert, if you would drill a hole in that thick skull of yours you would have noticed I called him out from the very start. I repeatedly asked for proof just as I asked for it from you. I have yet to see anything from either of you so nothing has changed in what I have done from the start.

It's ridiculous how you judge people. you have been banned twice from here, but have no problem telling people about others who are permanently banned? doesn't that make you half as bad as the ones you try and discredit? you were given two chances here, but it's not ok to give others a chance? explain your logic.

My main goal has been reached. that is a forum that discusses DB Cooper. is it perfect, nope, but what forum is I ask? no matter how hard you search the site, you will NOT see page after page of arguing that seemingly follows you where ever you go. that includes where you try and sell books. I don't allow that to happen.

Now, in conclusion. my forum is currently online for all to see. I'm not in a position to market the forum. it's purpose is to have a discussion about DB Cooper, and not make sure the whole planet see's it. if people want to join, so be it. if they choose to continue to say "the deserve each other" so be it. I don't care if it comes in dead last on the Google ratings! I didn't start it to try and knock this site down. I didn't start it to be on top of every known Cooper forum. I started it to get away from the constant bickering that occurs here.

End Of Story......
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

RobertMBlevins

Speaking of Cooper, I don't know how well he was trained (if at all) in the use of a chute, but I always wondered why he told Mucklow 'I don't need that' when he was offered the instructions provided with the chutes. I have seen this quoted several times as an exchange between Mucklow and Cooper. If the quote is true, then I think this proves he wasn't a complete novice with a ripcord.

He said, "I don't need that", because he didn't need that.

I have never bought into the idea that he was a novice.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

So many over the yrs have tried to aid me....I dissed some I should never have dissed.

A ton of bricks hit me today!

An individual contacted me about 2 yrs ago - his story had some things that I was AWARE of, but he went off the deep end with all of this as we all have a tendancy to do so....I have been trying to contact him - but the number goes no where now.

The lad who contacted me - like myself only knew PARTS & CLIPS. He fabricated things - but, his basic knowledge was like my own - fragmented...he was only 8 yrs old when his connection to Cooper came about...

But, in telling me about himself - 2 stories collided only briefly.

AWARE Air Base Constructors built private airports and airstips - not just military facilities.

Duane had told me about a man & Endersol Rand, When the a young man started his 1st conversation with me a few yrs ago - he mentioned Endersol Rand & then the name Elmer Lonn came up. His father or a friend of his father I assume was connected to the company. ( I forget the details, but I have 1/2 inch of printed correspondence with him).

Elmer Lonn could have been a name picked up from my prior enquiries many yrs ago...but the Endersol Rand - was what held my attention. Perhaps Elmer Lonn worked for Endersol Rand - but who developed Endersol Rand
What was Endersol Rand in the 40's, 50's and 60's?

Why GOD sees fit to endow me with the knowledge I needed over the yrs and to find the connections at this time in my life - I do not understand.

I would never have put together all of this had it NOT been for those 2 damn Books I have cursed over the yr - like 377 often looks at his twenty and wishes it could talk.

Well, I had Books with names in them & and insight in to the past. Those Books didn't talk to me either - I just knew they were Duane's connection to all of this and to his past....he kept them concealed from me until 1993 just 2 yrs before he died and then he put them in PLANE site. But, the one time I used one of them - he was frantic - telling me to be very careful. I ASKED WHO THE GIRL was in the picture - thinking maybe it was a picture of his daughter.

Elmer Lonn & Endersol Rand - this was part of why this young man contacted me, but he went too far trying to convince me of "his story about this". In doing so he like myself defeated his purpose and got lost in the chase.

Elmer Lonn of Endersol Rand - they provided heavy equipment for the air base and airport construction....is probably not the man Duane mentioned because I was under the impression the man would have been older. But, then I do not know how old Elmer Lonn is or if he is a junior or the history of Endersol Rand. At one time 377 referenced me to some information - but it seem insignificant - and nothing connected unto today!

Our road was being worked on today and the heavy equipment - jogged something inside of me hidden so deeply it took my breath away - literally.

This equipment has been going for 2 days on my small street - the sound and the dust and the pounding - all of that equipment.
It was rattling my nerves.

For some reason when they pulled off today - memories flooded my mind...

Duane mentioning Indersol Rand & the Heavy Equipment. Then this coming back to me yrs later from a young man - who kept talking about Elmer Lonn of Endersol Rand

THE MOMENT!

AWARE built airports. Endersol Rand supplied the equipment needed. Duane's obcession with airstrips and he seemed to know where very one of them was located in WA. The towers located near the airport. The communications systems relating to the airlines and airstrip and flight in general.

WE all MISSED it - because there was so many with just a piece of the story - not one of us knew the entire story...we may never know the entire story.

If Duane helped construct the airstrips in WA and other places from the things he said over the yrs....things I have until a few moments ago NEVER put together -we have a connection worth chasing.

It was all of the noise and the carbon monoxide that started the wheels turning today. Maybe I am high because of the fumes?

It was after all of it got quiet and then this hit me like a ton of bricks

This is too long and too rambling - NO one will understand what I am trying to say.

It's incredulous that someone would have that much on the ball immediately after the high jacking to send in phoney letters mailed from different cities. If the jumper was "Dan Cooper" , the writer's personality seems more based on "Klondike Kat's " nemesis "Savoir Faire" ie." Savoir Faire is everywhere!" Did he have help on the ground?

Zero evidence that Cooper was the person who wrote those letters to the press.

What is truly amazing (unless he was the author of the letters ;)) is Al Di's deciphering of the exact magazine source of the cut out text.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tS_XP7GekGlB8idOZUK3ffGgcdUyfe3ipR5hFm0p3vY/edit?hl=en_US

I guess that is the name. But I just had another SHOCK wave!

Remember all the airports Duane said "The guys flew in and out of" - When I asked what they did - he just said he couldn't talk about it....

ALL of those AIRSTRIPS & small airports where he talked about flying in and out of with the GUYS. Wonder what name he was living under then?

Oh my GOD, I made this complicated & it is so simple - but, I proposed it before & NO one CARED and I let it go.

The Airstrips & small airports - (so many of them)....This is when he talked about the guys & the places they ate.

If they were building airstrips & airports & installing the communications systems and evidently someone within that was a friend of the family. The man Duane had his picture made with in The Dalles - that was a relative.
Need to find the names of every fireman (volunteer or paid) in The Dalles from 1944 to 1971. Surely they have that even if they do not have the picture.

OH MY GOD! WE did it - we or I or God found the link. They need the names of the strips and any pictures made of the construction and the builder who helped build these place.

It is ALL there - it is ALL here! WE have done it. Who would have paid any attention to a young man who was a friend of the family or one of the workers? I have a feeling the manual workers were bused in...but remember Duane had family connections in WA.

The jump areas needed airstips - it was ALL right in front of us all of this time. Now I know why Ralph couldn't identifiy any of the pictures - Duane wasn't a jumper - he help build the airstrips or related to someone who did build them...the names that his SISTER kept telling me in our last phone conversation to write them down.

I did the best I could, but I just wrote them the way they sounded. She told me she would not be able to talk to me after she moved - she did write me a letter after she moved and before she died, but she didn't say anymore about the names she told me I had to remember.

Her son was career military & I guess she thought the truth would tarnish his career - I don't know - I never spoke to him. Maybe his mother never told him - I would think this the most likely.

Duane's sister was socially respected and she did not want her own name tarnished - to be remembered as the sister of Cooper.

Who would remember one of the contruction guys or their relative who was along for the ride. Several yrs before the crime.

Hately would have been a boy himself - and he is younger than Duane....but then again I do not know the time frames Duane was doing this - makes me wonder about his criminal records and how accurate they are.

Help me out guys - NOW all of the things Duane said make sense. What were the time frames Duane would have been doing this other than those yrs surrounding McNeil and afterwards...surely San Quentin nor Folsom had a program that would have allowed him to do something like that....and Jefferson - hell we know it was not in that time frame.

FINDING out when the airstrips and facilities were built or improved at all of the sites Duane mentioned are iimportant. My maps are packed away and I am unable to get them.

Remember Duane talked about Nevada, Oregon, Washington and Ca when he talked about these things....I sensed the remorse when he told me about the fire that killed so many of the BOYS.

NOW it makes sense what Duane said about getting a BOY in trouble - but was he a BOY or a MAN at the time?

Did Cooper find himself in a bind and injured - and contact an OLD friend. More than like that is what happened.

Did that old friend help him out after the fact - and kept it to himself all of these yrs up until he died in 2004. But my guess is he did NOT know Duane's real name.

Perhaps the guy helped Weber out in 1971, but didn't know he was Cooper. Just an old friend who needed some help.... maybe he didn't know until after the fact when he saw Margie's article in 2001.

"I knew a boy I got in some trouble there and I can never go back"..what was he talking about - who was the boy? He basically at that time was talking about Spokane and Coure d'Alene...he talked about a hunting area also.

"THE BOYS" how damn vague could he have been? He may have after the fact learned Ralph had birds, but he talked like he knew the man. Ralph is younger than Duane - and Ralph as a young man was Green Beret and he is a respected citizen...but, Duane did know who he was. Duane was just a guy who worked to build the strips and set up the towers...Ralph would not have known him. Duane was a man one could look right through - unless he sang for them.

The guy who contacted Ralph is the same name Duane told me. This guy went to Ralph after he saw the pictures in the Oregonian - and realized he knew the joker, but evidently not under the name of Duane L. Weber or John Collins.

Afraid he would be implimented in the crime is why he wanted immunity!

The man tried to contact Margie - God, I wish we had Margie's old files - to see what email address the guy used...he gave no name I remember that - and we did not discuss the email address...hell I didn't know much about computers at that time or now. Not enough to have asked for the email address.

I bought my first computer in 2000 and it was 2001 when Margie did the article...maybe the first time the guy had seen pictures of a suspect named Weber...

DAMN the FBI for NOT giving that man immunity - DAMN them!

Read down the page. Some interesting alleged facts about Ralph Hatley.

http://patriotaction.net/m/blogpost?id=2600775%3ABlogPost%3A4439954

You do know that Ralph has located and turned in criminals and molesters.
I forgot where I read this but I was looking up Ralph Hatley's name and it regarded a county that has come up in research regarding Cooper and Weber....Clackamas County - not sure I am spelling it correctly. Seems like Ralph does NOT like the fact that law enforcement can and does use their status or profession to commit crimes and to evade punishment.

Ralph sound like a good citizen to me.
I know he was a Green Beret, but little else. Maybe it is not the right Ralph Hatley. It is a relatively common name in that area...

Seem like a pretty nice guy with what I have found....straight forward and with a very good reputation.

mark74

It's incredulous that someone would have that much on the ball immediately after the high jacking to send in phoney letters mailed from different cities. If the jumper was "Dan Cooper" , the writer's personality seems more based on "Klondike Kat's " nemesis "Savoir Faire" ie." Savoir Faire is everywhere!" Did he have help on the ground?

Maybe Dan Cooper wrote all those letters on the plane as he circled Sea-Tac for two hours.

You know how times drags when you're going around in circles.

Wait. Dan would have had to know that his name was gonna be changed to DB.

Hmmmm. Oh, well, another Great Theory shot down.

The Bigger Question is: Who is Al Di? aka "Idla"....

My money's on Curtis. Maybe that's my ticket to fame and fortune: The Al Di Lottery!

"You do know that Ralph has located and turned in criminals and molesters...."

No, I didn't know that Mrs. Cooper. How do you know that?

More to the point, though, has he ever called Georgia Child Protective Services? I suppose I'll have to ask him in October.

I was telling my therapist today of my heroics over the weekend and she told me she has had to deal with GA CPS and their lousy phones, so we commiserated professionally, so to speak.

Small World.

Read down the page. Some interesting alleged facts about Ralph Hatley.

http://patriotaction.net/m/blogpost?id=2600775%3ABlogPost%3A4439954

I suppose I'll be asking Hats about MAC-V-SOG, too! The list is sure growing. Thanx, TSS for the link.

I wonder when the last time Ralph met a left-wing pinko liberal journalist on Obamacare who talks with Billy Waugh!

RobertMBlevins

"You do know that Ralph has located and turned in criminals and molesters...."

No, I didn't know that Mrs. Cooper. How do you know that?

More to the point, though, has he ever called Georgia Child Protective Services? I suppose I'll have to ask him in October.

I was telling my therapist today of my heroics over the weekend and she told me she has had to deal with GA CPS and their lousy phones, so we commiserated professionally, so to speak.

Small World.

I suppose I'll be asking Hats about MAC-V-SOG, too! The list is sure growing. Thanx, TSS for the link.

I wonder when the last time Ralph met a left-wing pinko liberal journalist on Obamacare who talks with Billy Waugh!

It's only 'heroics' if you don't brag about your actions, or post folks' personal info on the internet in a pathetic effort to make yourself look cool, or promote your position within 'Cooper Royalty' (a group based entirely in myth that few care about anyway except other 'royalty')

You should know that skydivers actually READ this thread, some of whom hang out at Hatley's DZ. Which means you have about as much chance of a decent interview with him now as I have of getting my cat Hobo to talk. ;)

Problem is, sometimes you just don't know when to keep your mouth shut, even when it is in your best interests to do so.

Yup, keeping my mouth shut is an issue for me from time to time.

But more importantly, do you consider me a hero, Bobby?