47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Danielle1010

I think you left dropzone because you don't like me anymore why didn't you tell me you were leaving because of this I'm gonna jump off the Tacoma narrows bridge

The child made NO threats until he made the above posting which was removed AT the request of BRUCE SMITH. Note that RobertBlevins immediately replied to him to the young man....therefore the date is verifiable.

In conlusion Robert99:

BRUCIE HAD NOT CONTACTED THE AUTHORIES ABOUT Daniell's CHILDISH THREAT! The child had made NO other such threats.

Prior to this Bruce was more interested in the Blevins & child connection. Bruce's own perverted mind extracted ulterior motives. I guess Bruce thinks everyone had motives other than concerns.

Bruce has taken things I have said and twisted them the same way. If Bruce doesn't like you he speaks and writes suggestive and unkind things...that is the premise of his being.

This was the post made by Danielle that Bruce replied to and not in the manner one would reply to regarding a child in distress.

Note Bruce made sure the childs post was deleted, but it was immediately quoted by Blevins...I was here when it happened....where were you.

YET, Bruce did NOT request his postings be removed.

Therefore Robt99 you ARE WRONG and you are easily led by the likes of those who would misuse your capabilities.

Bruce was UNAWARE of what might be considered a suicide statement until the week-end. BRUCE bluntly lied to glorify himself. He had the post REMOVED to protect himself when he found out he could be declared a hero! Some of you who did NOT read what was actually said JUMPED on the band wagon and BRUCE was eating it up.

EXPOSED!

If Bruce had been in contact with the authorites prior to that time he needs to EXPOSE his proof now.

Bruce IS NOT telling the truth! Bruce has been banned from this thread before and now BRUCE wants vengance - why I watch his posting like a hawk. HE WILL bait and then TURN on you.

Quade knew what Bruce was - but the new moderator doesn't know any of us....! Therefore when I have to make a post like this - I cringe!

Bruce needs to crash this thread so the other one can survive! SO you SEE the MOTIVE! Remember Bruce was the reason the other thread was established.

Without this thread - the truths about those of us who have lived thru this for many yrs - can and will be extorted.... Those who have any knowledge or are connected to the past will have NO way to be heard...
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

RobertMBlevins

***The whole point of this ridiculous matter boils down to a kid doesn't belong on a thread where adults are discussing things he hasn't a clue about. where is the line drawn? is it now ok to bring kids into bars? he doesn't belong here, period.

Andy has shown problems from the start of his being here, pissing on graves, harsh language. nobody seems to be monitoring anything he is doing. someone needs to take control of this problem. it's obviously not helping anyone is it? this is no place for a kid to be hanging around. the proof has already been verified!

'Adults' you say? He's so different from all of us, or you, or even ME for that matter? Get real.

You're pointing fingers at some autistic kid who may not know better on internet manners and protocol...while some of the adults who have posted here got themselves banned for REALLY bad behavior. That kid's posts are no worse than anybody else's I've seen.

For example, MeyerLouie was banned from Dropzone for using the 'F' word in multiple personal attacks against actual users here. Until he was BANNED FOR LIFE. And he's not the only 'adult' this has happened to here. For the most part, the kid's comments were pretty tame, and fairly juvenile.

I suppose it was appropriate for Bruce Smith to make a couple of phone calls, whatever on behalf of the kid because of that one post. But to broadcast his actions publicly with one nauseating 'update' after another is something else. It's self-serving and hasn't a thing to do with any real concern. I did the same thing, but I did it privately and I'm not going to be so crass as to post my results publicly.

Bruce Smith says in part:

' Okay, so you're talking to the Auburn PD, Andy and his mom, but you're not talking with us about what we want to know, which is - how do you get the phone number and email address of a kid who wants to kill himself because he thinks you don't like him.

What's up with that, Blevs?

You don't think we're entitled to know, even though the kid posts a suicide threat right in front of our eyes?

I say you have an obligation to tell us. I've spent a lot of time this month trying to get this kid help, keep him safe, and figure out what is going on, and you're gonna try to clam up on me?

Nah.

That ain't gonna happen, Bobby.'

Yes it can, and it will. I don't owe you an answer to anything. You just THINK I do. :)
Unlike you, I know how to take care of things without making everything public. You see...that's why people keep blocking you from their phones or refusing to talk to you, whatever. And when they do that, you go scrambling around looking for the answers. Problem is, you have no discretion. We both know I could tell you everything privately (as I did some other people) and you would just post it up publicly as quick as you got it.

So like others who have dealt with you, I've learned it's sometimes better to keep you in the dark.

Everything is fine with the kid now. I can tell you that much without revealing any confidences. Have a great day. :)
EDIT: I doubt this will impress you much, and I don't expect it to...but your com priveleges with me via Gmail and DZ private messaging have been suspended.

Blevins, The above is just another of your self-serving posts. The initial contact with Atlanta CPS was before Danielle1010 threatened suicide. There were many, many inappropriate comments from him prior to the initial contact with the Atlanta CPS. You ignored them all and apparently thought they were proper since he supported your own theories.

As for blocking people on phones, didn't your "star" KC witness direct her representatives to not give you her address and phone number?

And you never do anything privately if you can do so publicly. That includes everything from updates on your screen play, if you are actually working on one, to details of your private life, your alleged publication activity, etc., etc..

Your attacks on Bruce Smith are baseless. You have done things online here that are much worse.

Robert99

skyjack71

***I think you left dropzone because you don't like me anymore why didn't you tell me you were leaving because of this I'm gonna jump off the Tacoma narrows bridge

The child made NO threats until he made the above posting which was removed AT the request of BRUCE SMITH. Note that RobertBlevins immediately replied to him to the young man....therefore the date is verifiable.

In conlusion Robert99:

BRUCIE HAD NOT CONTACTED THE AUTHORIES ABOUT Daniell's CHILDISH THREAT! The child had made NO other such threats.

Prior to that Bruce was more interested in the Blevins & child connection. Bruces own sick mind to extracted that from a man who is kind to children & provides them with books. I guess Bruce thinks everyone had motives other than concerns.

This was the post made by Danielle that Bruce replied to and not in the manner one would reply to regarding a child in distress.

Note Bruce made sure that post was deleted, but it was immediately quoted by Blevins...I was here when it happened....where were you.

Therefore Robt99 you ARE WRONG and you are easily led by the likes of those who would misuse your capabilities.

Bruce was UNAWARE of what might be considered a suicide statement until the week-end. BRUCE bluntly lied to glorify himself. He had the post REMOVED to protect himself when he found out he could be declared a hero!

EXPOSED!

Jo, Either you don't know what you are talking about or you are just lying through your teeth.

Danielle1010 had made threats against other people and totally inappropriate comments about other people prior to his statement about suicide. Even you were remarking about those comments.

The suicide threat was made after he left the thread and then returned when he realized that Blevins was still here.

Your criticism of Bruce Smith is totally uncalled for since he did take all of those threats seriously. Your dislike for Bruce is documented in your posts on this thread.

You need to do a bit of growing up yourself and telling the truth would be a good way to start.

Robert99

18C

Just another day in paradise by the look of things. How bout a change of topic that involves a little less tension?

Anyone care to tell the new kid on the block a bit about Ted Mayfield?

Well, Shutter is able to see "dead people" so to speak, but Ted E kills them, at least that's what a court decided in terms of convicting him for causing the death of two of his skydiving students. I also understand that a bunch more died over the years at his DZ, 20 or so, I think.

Ted E's guys also had a run-in with RH-1 at Aurora State Airport, which caused a lot of grief over unsafe conditions.

But the Big Question is how Ted E helped RH-1 and the Bureau during their Norjak investigation, as RH-1 states in his book.

I called Ted E to see what was cookin', but he hung up on me. I don't know if you can call Ted E a murderer, but I didn't think he would be so sensitive....

I find it funny that so many Norjak principals love to live under or near the Victor 23 airway. RH-1 and Tina sure do, and Ted E is just west of Tina on the way to the beach. Plus, Lee and Jane aren't that far away, either, in the Puget Sound area near Olympia.

The Ted E Not-Fan Club is quite large, as I think 9 people called the night of the skyjacking to tell the FBI that Ted E did it. But RH-1 was on the phone with Ted E, so the feds thought he had a pretty good alibi.

Why Ted E gets so much attention is a mystery to me, as he is about a half-foot too short and about ten-fifteen years younger than DB Cooper.

Speaking of things in Oregon, have you heard about the interview with Tina that got published in the Eugene Weekly? I'm following up on it. Not sure it's legit or what, but she claims that she flew NWO routes to the Orient for five years after the Cooper incident.

Kind of shoots the KC theory, eh?

Also, Tina says she was flying with NWO until 1982, which is weird. Sister Elizabeth Mary told me she was already in the convent by then.

Hmmmmmmm.

One last thing about Ted E. Divorzic (spelling?) and Meyers really got under Georger's skin. Since G-1 is no longer here, you might go to Shut's site and ask the Old Man about Ted and the two would-be sleuths

Robert99

The initial contact with Atlanta CPS was before Danielle1010 threatened suicide. There were many, many inappropriate comments from him prior to the initial contact with the Atlanta CPS. You ignored them all and apparently thought they were proper since he supported your own theories.

I usually stay out of these thing not related to Weber, but Robert99 - you are wrong this time and you are dead wrong.

Yes the kid made many inappropriate comments...and I did NOT understand why the thread did NOT do something. It was obvious the child did NOT belong here. I did all I could on a PRIVATE BASIS other than contact the authorities.

BUT you ROBERT have to KNOW that BRUCE is lieing - he may have made some enquiries about the child, but NO complaints or calls were made about a suicide because that post was NOT made until the WKEND - because the timing is set in my post - as I immediately responded to the posting with a quote.

The time and date stamp on Blevins post and my post prove this along with the POST made by Bruce as soon as he posted.

Bruce had the childs post removed but NOT his own posting - BECAUSE you guys were rallying around him for what he supposedly had done. Bruce would NOT shut up - he was milking you guys and he was basking in it.

Bruce leaps on ever piece of senationalism he can. His enquires if he did indeed make any - had nothing to do with suicide....and he did NOT contact childrens services on a wkend & expect them to act before he made his self proclaiming post just a few moments later.

Maybe on the internet, but in real life the correspondence Bruce relates does NOT happen that fast.
NOT on a weekend night line. He may have gotten thru to the crisis line - but that is it. The authorities would alert him NOT to say anything if he has mentioned the kid was on the line and had just made the threat.

Bruce has yet to produce his work experience - his experience is more than likely as a juvenile himself in crisis....remember I know things about BRUCE you guys do not know! Yea, Bruce you didn't know I knew that did you.

You had yourself in a lot of trouble at one time and you just keep digging in deeper - why you want to be a writer - because then you are in control & you can use words as your weapon of choice.

How come you have never shared with the people here - why you can't go home!

Sorry to be brutal, but you do NOT know the meaning of the most important words in the our vocabulary. Knowing where the truth stops and the lies start is an important boundary when writing about real life events.

YOUR mind has no boundaries and you co-mingle the lies with the trurths - but, this time YOU GOT CAUGHT by the time stamp in the thread. You got the kids post deleted - but not your own....didn't CYA. YOU knew you could not let yourself get caught again - but the DZ did NOT delete your postings just the one by a minor.

Hooray for the DZ - The moderator made sure YOU did not STRIKE a HOME RUN! He left your postings and you quickly edited one of them, to make is sound as though the pieces fit.

***"...Your attacks on Bruce Smith are baseless. You have done things online here that are much worse.'

"Really? Name one..."

Here's my short list:

1. Interfering with our understanding with how serious Andy's mental state was.

2. Threatening to sue me if I published my book on DB Cooper where I said that Kenny C has "troubling" relationships with young men and runaways.

3. Telling the Auburn PD that I was dangerous and a threat to public safety, passing my head shot around, etc.

4. Being an all-round weasel and scumbag.

Fowl language is unnecessary. YOU resort to that when you get cornered.

Shutter restricted your postings on the other site then you weaseled your way back into this one after or just before Quade left. Quade was very generous in allowing this thread to stand.

You cannot seem to live without the filty language & the sexual expletives. Wasn't that what you were ban for the last time?

Shutter keeps a tight grip on you in the other thread, but you started acting like the irate raging & confrontal person asked to leave the DZ in the past. NOW you are BACK in the DZ and with your fantasies and horrid smut remarks about others.

Shutter runs a tight ship - and he kept the boundaries tight on you.
Fortunately I am very aware and your actions here are self explanatory.

I am not going to expose your sordid past on this thread - but maybe someone else will. You are your own worse enemy!

The Cooper story does have an ending and it does NOT involve you.

You wonder WHY you are not recieved well by those involved over the yrs. Just look in the Mirror and tell yourself one of the stories you recite as truths about others.

You do not have the credentialsl to judge others but you seem to do it everyday....if anyone disagrees with you, then your frustration is filled with expletives & conjectures & anything negative you can conjure up about that person.

IT is ALL about making Brucie feel good about himself. Now take a GOOD look in the mirror and ask yourself why NO one WANTS you around....WHY you are alone and will remain alone for the rest of your life.

I am tired & I am not supposed to be up this late....ODD how you got the moderator to delete the kids post but NOT yours.

'Adults' you say? He's so different from all of us, or you, or even ME for that matter? Get real.

You're pointing fingers at some autistic kid who may not know better on internet manners and protocol...while some of the adults who have posted here got themselves banned for REALLY bad behavior. That kid's posts are no worse than anybody else's I've seen.

For example, MeyerLouie was banned from Dropzone for using the 'F' word in multiple personal attacks against actual users here. Until he was BANNED FOR LIFE. And he's not the only "'adult' this has happened to here. For the most part, the kid's comments were pretty tame, and fairly juvenile.

I suppose it was appropriate for Bruce Smith to make a couple of phone calls, whatever on behalf of the kid because of that one post. But to broadcast his actions publicly with one nauseating 'update' after another is something else. It's self-serving and hasn't a thing to do with any real concern. I did the same thing, but I did it privately and I'm not going to be so crass as to post my results publicly."

Meyer asked to be removed. I've told you this before. regardless of any mental state a kid/child doesn't belong on a forum such as this. your proof of the behavior is showing to be true by claiming most are no better than what a child says on here, but the real point here is a minor does not belong here. there is a option on registering onto forums. most have an age limit of 18, or written permission required. there are reasons for that. once again the proof is exposed here. just look back a couple pages and see what a minor/child/kid can cause being on an adult forum!

I'm pointing a finger at a person who doesn't belong here. if he didn't have autism the answer would still remain. kids don't belong here. if you still approve of children being on this forum then you are no different than the administration allowing this to continue, and allowing it to once again stop the DB Cooper thread from serving it's purpose. you are always at the core of the problems that halt this forum from being productive.

As mentioned above. this has nothing to do with Andy's mental state. I don't approve of anyone under the age of 18 on adult forums. the actions of some adults doesn't give the right to allow children onto a forum Robert.

I currently have registration on my forum blocked until I get a good spam guard. when it resumes I will have the limit in place to stop anything like this from happening. it's already a breath of fresh air by not having to bicker back and forth with people like what happens on this forum. this is due to your permanent ban on that forum B|

My name is Dave Brown, and I DON'T approve of any of this!

ADDED: Now, since this post will end up under a microscope I would like to point out that if a minor was a member of a suspects family, and could contribute to the forum. I wouldn't have a problem allowing that person to speak. Andy seems to be basically using this forum as a public PM, or email to you. he doesn't understand things which I fully understand. I just don't approve of him being allowed to comment. twist and turn it as you wish, but I don't approve of kids actively joining in without any supervision what so ever!

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

gkc1436

1. learn how to skydive
2. immerse yourself in the culture
3. hangout at the fire pit afterhours
4. repeat for multiple years

after awhile... you will figure it out!

Been doin that since 68. It helped me figure out a few things but not Norjack.

How the hell did that Cooper money get to Tina Bar?

I sure miss WFFC. It was like a mainline hit of skydiving culture and the party often lasted ten days. Day trips to the local DZ just aren't the same thing.

Welcome back gkc1436.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Update on Andy, Monday, 3 pm-ish PT

Danielle Poppens called me this afternoon, and we had a warm, substantive chat about her son and the DZ. In short, Andy is fine and not suicidal.

In addition, she thanked me for my concern, and the actions that I and others have taken regarding her son's welfare.

Other points of importance:

1. She was away with Andy for the weekend, apparently, and is only now learning about the whirlwind.

2. She has begun the process of sorting things out with CPS and Andy's school.

3. She has begun reading some of her son's posts on the DZ to see for herself what the fuss has been.

4. She told me that she does not think that Robert M Blevins has a relationship with her son outside of the DZ.

Ms. Poppens sounds like a solid, capable mom, and has a sense of humor. When we said our goodbyes, I concluded with "Let's Go Mets," and she replied - "No, Go Braves!"

BruceSmith

***Just another day in paradise by the look of things. How bout a change of topic that involves a little less tension?

Anyone care to tell the new kid on the block a bit about Ted Mayfield?

Well, Shutter is able to see "dead people" so to speak, but Ted E kills them, at least that's what a court decided in terms of convicting him for causing the death of two of his skydiving students. I also understand that a bunch more died over the years at his DZ, 20 or so, I think.

Ted E's guys also had a run-in with RH-1 at Aurora State Airport, which caused a lot of grief over unsafe conditions.

But the Big Question is how Ted E helped RH-1 and the Bureau during their Norjak investigation, as RH-1 states in his book.

I called Ted E to see what was cookin', but he hung up on me. I don't know if you can call Ted E a murderer, but I didn't think he would be so sensitive....

I find it funny that so many Norjak principals love to live under or near the Victor 23 airway. RH-1 and Tina sure do, and Ted E is just west of Tina on the way to the beach. Plus, Lee and Jane aren't that far away, either, in the Puget Sound area near Olympia.

The Ted E Not-Fan Club is quite large, as I think 9 people called the night of the skyjacking to tell the FBI that Ted E did it. But RH-1 was on the phone with Ted E, so the feds thought he had a pretty good alibi.

Why Ted E gets so much attention is a mystery to me, as he is about a half-foot too short and about ten-fifteen years younger than DB Cooper.

Speaking of things in Oregon, have you heard about the interview with Tina that got published in the Eugene Weekly? I'm following up on it. Not sure it's legit or what, but she claims that she flew NWO routes to the Orient for five years after the Cooper incident.

Kind of shoots the KC theory, eh?

Also, Tina says she was flying with NWO until 1982, which is weird. Sister Elizabeth Mary told me she was already in the convent by then.

Hmmmmmmm.

One last thing about Ted E. Divorzic (spelling?) and Meyers really got under Georger's skin. Since G-1 is no longer here, you might go to Shut's site and ask the Old Man about Ted and the two would-be sleuths

Is the Ted E you are referring to Ted Mayfield?

Assuming that's the case, are you saying Ralph Himmelsbach claimed in "Norjak the Investigation of D B Cooper" that Ted Mayfield helped the Bureau during their investigation??

Please correct me if I'm reading the cards wrong here.

"Is the Ted E you are referring to Ted Mayfield?

Assuming that's the case, are you saying Ralph Himmelsbach claimed in "Norjak the Investigation of D B Cooper" that Ted Mayfield helped the Bureau during their investigation??

Please correct me if I'm reading the cards wrong here."

Correct. Ted E is Ted E Mayfield. Sorry, if I was too flippant.

Yes, Ralph Himmelsbach wrote in his book that Ted E Mayfield helped in the FBI investigation of the DB Cooper skyjacking. However, Ralph did not disclose the specifics of that assistance, nor has he ever commented on it, as far as I know, even though he has been asked to do so by researchers,

Ralph Hatley called me today, finally responding to my phone message of many weeks ago. Here is my report:

I spoke with Ralph Hatley on Monday, August 25, 2014.

Ralph is a noted, long-time skydiver and owner of a DZ in Eagle Creek, Oregon. He is very familiar with the DB Cooper skyjacking and knows many of the principals in the case. Here are the highlights of the conversation.

“Yes, Earl Cossey and I were good friends,” he told me straightaway. “We made many jumps together.”

Ralph is a no-nonsense kind of guy so I got right to the point about Coss.

“What do you think about his murder?” I asked.

“I think he caught a guy burglarizing his house,” Ralph replied.

“Do you think his murder had anything to do with the DB Cooper case?”

“Absolutely not,” Ralph said, and he began a long soliloquy about Earl Cossey, the rigger and controversial technical expert for the FBI in the Norjak case.

Ralph said that he knew Cossey “quite well,” and they had many conversations about DB Cooper. Essentially, they both felt that Cooper made it to the ground successfully, so much so that he was able to truck out of the woods with all of his gear. Hatley said that he and Coss never doubted that Cooper had made it, and he stated that all “real” skydivers felt the same.

“Cossey told me the FBI were just a bunch of idiots,” Ralph said, “But a few of them were decent, such as Ralph Himmelsbach, who is a personal friend of mine.

Ralph Hatley (RH-2) continued and said that he had told Ralph Himmelsbach (RH-1) that many of his Norjak theories were “far-fetched,” especially the notion that DB Cooper died in the jump because he was an inexperienced skydiver.

When I asked him about DB Cooper, Hatley laughed loud and long although I wasn't sure why. Nevertheless, Hatley launched another commentary on the skyjacking.

“The night of the skyjacking I was contacted by the feds. ’Ralph,’ they said, do you know a skydiver named Dan Cooper?’”

“’Sure,” I told them. He’s a guy from Moses Lake.’”

RH-2 said that the feds didn't quite believe him and thought that Cooper died in his getaway, or was too afraid to leave his airplane.

“I was laughing my ass off when the aircraft landed in Reno, sparks flying, and they couldn't find the skyjacker,” said Hatley.

At this point I challenged Ralph about the many statements Earl Cossey made to the media, including during several interviews with me, that DB Cooper was an incompetent “no-pull” who cratered into the ground on his getaway jump.

“Bullshit!” Ralph roared. “We all knew that the perpetrator made it.”

In further discussion, Hatley adamantly claimed that Cossey believed DB Cooper made a successful jump.

Along those lines, Hatley said that DB Cooper “had some knowledge.” He said the skyjacking was “well-planned”

“Cooper picked a parachute that was not a regular skydiving parachute. He picked an NB-8 or an NB-6, whatever, and that was smart because it had a rigging card and a rigger’s packing pin, so he knew the chute hadn’t been opened and tracking devices put inside.”

At this point, Ralph became very coy and challenged me to study the flight path and call him after I had a precise understanding of the details. After much prodding, Ralph relented and told me that he felt DB Cooper jumped over Battleground WA, and this location was very fortuitous because it contained a DZ that was owned by Ralph.

“I knew the area very well. I’d made a couple thousand jumps in that area, and I could do it under the same conditions and they’d never find me either.”

Ralph also said that he volunteered to simulate the exact jump – weather, clothing and gear, for a “substantial fee” - but the FBI declined his offer.

Ralph also said that DB Cooper was not alone.

“How do you know that, Ralph?” I asked.

“Well, that’s a long story, and I might tell you if we’re face-to-face and I feel like I’m in a good mood,” he replied, laughing. “But I told Ralph Himmelsbach. My story is impossible to verify, though.”

Ralph also said that the money found at Tina Bar in 1980 was “tossed into the Columbia at the Washougal Bridge.”

At this point I promised to meet with Ralph in the near future to continue our conversations, which seemed to be tip-toeing into delicate areas.

© 2014 Bruce A. Smith

BruceSmith

Yes, Ralph Himmelsbach wrote in his book that Ted E Mayfield helped in the FBI investigation of the DB Cooper skyjacking. However, Ralph did not disclose the specifics of that assistance, nor has he ever commented on it, as far as I know, even though he has been asked to do so by researchers,

Perhaps RH saw Ted M as some sort of Frank Abagnale?

18C

Perhaps RH saw Ted M as some sort of Frank Abagnale?

Frank Abagnale? The name is vaguely familiar, but please refresh my memory.

After Google search:

Ah, yes, the Catch Me If You Can , guy.

Hmmm. Mayfield is slimier, imo. He kills people. And he won't talk to me.

BruceSmith

Ralph Hatley called me today, finally responding to my phone message of many weeks ago. Here is my report:

Ralph is a noted, long-time skydiver and owner of a DZ in Eagle Creek, Oregon. He is very familiar with the DB Cooper skyjacking and knows many of the principals in the case. Here are the highlights of the conversation.

“Yes, Earl Cossey and I were good friends,” he told me straightaway. “We made many jumps together.”

“Absolutely not,” Ralph said, and he began a long soliloquy about Earl Cossey, the rigger and controversial technical expert for the FBI in the Norjak case.

Ralph said that he knew Cossey “quite well,” and they had many conversations about DB Cooper. Essentially, they both felt that Cooper made it to the ground successfully, so much so that he was able to truck out of the woods with all of his gear. Hatley said that he and Coss never doubted that Cooper had made it, and he stated that all “real” skydivers felt the same.

“Cossey told me the FBI were just a bunch of idiots,” Ralph said, “But a few of them were decent, such as Ralph Himmelsbach, who is a personal friend of mine.

Ralph Hatley (RH-2) continued and said that he had told Ralph Himmelsbach (RH-1) that many of his Norjak theories were “far-fetched,” especially the notion that DB Cooper died in the jump because he was an inexperienced skydiver.

When I asked him about DB Cooper, Hatley laughed loud and long although I wasn't sure why. Nevertheless, Hatley launched another commentary on the skyjacking.

“The night of the skyjacking I was contacted by the feds. ’Ralph,’ they said, do you know a skydiver named Dan Cooper?’”

RH-2 said that the feds didn't quite believe him and thought that Cooper died in his getaway, or was too afraid to leave his airplane.

“I was laughing my ass off when the aircraft landed in Reno, sparks flying, and they couldn't find the skyjacker,” said Hatley.

At this point I challenged Ralph about the many statements Earl Cossey made to the media, including during several interviews with me, that DB Cooper was an incompetent “no-pull” who cratered into the ground on his getaway jump.

In further discussion, Hatley adamantly claimed that Cossey believed DB Cooper made a successful jump.

Along those lines, Hatley said that DB Cooper “had some knowledge.” He said the skyjacking was “well-planned”

“Cooper picked a parachute that was not a regular skydiving parachute. He picked an NB-8 or an NB-6, whatever, and that was smart because it had a rigging card and a rigger’s packing pin, so he knew the chute hadn’t been opened and tracking devices put inside.”

At this point, Ralph became very coy and challenged me to study the flight path and call him after I had a precise understanding of the details. After much prodding, Ralph relented and told me that he felt DB Cooper jumped over Battleground WA, and this location was very fortuitous because it contained a DZ that was owned by Ralph.

“I knew the area very well. I’d made a couple thousand jumps in that area, and I could do it under the same conditions and they’d never find me either.”

Ralph also said that he volunteered to simulate the exact jump – weather, clothing and gear, for a “substantial fee” - but the FBI declined his offer.

“Well, that’s a long story, and I might tell you if we’re face-to-face and I feel like I’m in a good mood,” he replied, laughing. “But I told Ralph Himmelsbach. My story is impossible to verify, though.”

Ralph also said that the money found at Tina Bar in 1980 was “tossed into the Columbia at the Washougal Bridge.”

At this point I promised to meet with Ralph in the near future to continue our conversations, which seemed to be tip-toeing into delicate areas.

© 2014 Bruce A. Smith

I bet the hairs on your neck stood up when you heard all that.

A most interesting little chat!

18C

***Ralph Hatley called me today, finally responding to my phone message of many weeks ago. Here is my report:

© 2014 Bruce A. Smith

I bet the hairs on your neck stood up when you heard all that.

A most interesting little chat!

Actually, Eighteen, the hairs on my neck stayed still. After a few years on the DZ, I've heard a lot of shit....

...besides, I spoke with Ralph after I had chatted with our darlin' lil' Andy's mom, left messages for the Auburn, (WA) PD chief and Andy's principal in GA, and replied to a few emails discussing Blevs' atrocious behavior....

...so how's your day been goin'? Another gorgeous day in Paradise?

Andy safe and presumably off of this forum for good.

Blevins clean.

Bruce done.

Now, let's get back to DB Cooper.

Agree - back to Square one.

Message for Bruce:
You twist any part of what R. Hately tells you and I will copy & paste it to him. Do you understand that Brucie!

I will NOT allow you to make a mockery out of him as you have done with others you have supposedly interviewed.

Both Ralph & I know the name of the man he referred to & as I have tried to tell before - it was thru Margie Boule I first heard of the other person, - but he did not give his name. Her files will show the email address he used. Margie nor I understood the possible connection.... we dismissed the man.

This person contacted someone else for help after that. This man wanted immunity & annomity in exchange for his imformation. Mr. Himmelsbach was instrumental in documents being filed with the FBI & the state of WA for John Doe. The State of WA refused.

The individual was advised to make a plea for amnesty with the US Government...which was NOT done.

The man died in 2004 & his secret died with him. I believe his wife was foreign & did not understand what her husband attempted to tell her.

Later a member of the family tried to implement their relative in the Cooper case - with a story that was quickly swept under the rug & dismissed by the FBI.

The man took his secret with him to the grave in 2004....because his words fell on deaf ears - including my own. The man fit Duane's story right down to a place the man used to live...and the name & the story about the riddle & Duane causing this BOY to get in trouble in their early yrs. (remember Duane always made time not relative by saying I used to and referring to the Boys & Boy without using a name.) Using Boys was a ploy.

Georger made a brief post he quickly erased a few yrs ago. I got the message & perhaps Georger had a "moment" of compassion. He quickly erased the post before anyone saw - it but, I did see it and I did understand the implications.

The man knew who Cooper was.....before or after the fact, but that makes NO difference to the FBI. They would have made life miserable for the man and his family.

The FBI would have implimented him either way - and that was NOT a legacy he wanted to leave with his family nor to have the FBI accuse him of...It is unknown if the man actually participated or if he was made aware after the fact.

It could be a complete reversal from what I know... but I will put money on the FACT that Cooper was NOT a known local jumper regardless of how many were involved...

The man only wanted to inform the FBI of what he knew...but to do so without immunitiy he knew he would be implicated in the crime....he was probabably only involved after the fact....but, he was forced to take this to his grave.

Evidently when he tired to contact me he already knew he was sick, but that is just a guess on my part.

The fact that he died about 3 yrs later is what caused me to believe he already knew about his condition. ALL I could ever do was guess - but it was a man Duane told me about...but, WHY? Duane did KNOW the wife because he mentioned her in his conversation in 1979.

Per the story as I know it - they knew were Hately's jump field was off of 500.....REMEMBER Duane took me there!

I believe even if he doesn't remember it - that Cooper was known to Hately, but only by appearance - not by name. Duane told me too much about Hately not to have known him. Hately would not have known his real name, but Duane definitely told me about those Birds, his jump fields (all 3 of them) and claimed to have known the man, but we were NOT going to go see him.

Hately has seen pictures of Weber, but was unable to identify him as someone he had seen or met.

Per what I know Nothing has been written regarding Hately in the 1970's when Duane took me to WA, but Duane told me about Hately & his jump fields and his birds. No way Duane could have known about all three sites and the birds if he didn't know who Hately was.

Duane would use "used to know", but on that one he said the name.

Even Georger knows this story and for some reason Georger made sure this story was LOCKED out.

Georger quickly showed the man's OBIT many many yrs ago and as soon I made a comment - he took it down.

This all happened in a flash of just a few moments on the thread...Georger's post went poof without a trace.

You will treat this like new information & Georger will deny he made a post about the man - it was an obit. He must have had a weak moment!

Georger actually knows more about this case than he has admitted to. He actually has aided the COVER-UP - quickly making sure any evidence of the truths go POOF!

Georger is not stupid, but he is getting old and he has screwed up regarding his self assigned agenda. Who or What Georger protects - is like watching a drunk play darts...I never know where that damn dart is headed...or what side of the room the board is on.

P.S. Shutter - you can copy and paste this post where Georger can see it.

P.S. Shutter - tell CooK if he has truely run a background check on me to be sure I get a copy of it.