47 47
quade

DB Cooper

skyjack71

Perhaps Jo will also tell us how Duane liked the swimming and fishing in Groom Lake? Did Duane and his friends have beach houses there? Who were their neighbors?

Robert99

I do not know any thing about Groom lake. In 1979 - I could not see from the highway and thing other than desert (what I call desert) but that was vegetation there but low vegetation...

I did NOT see the rocks he told me about - so obviously they were beyond my view or removed.

He told me about a town I could not see from the highway and a lake.
On the other side of this lake is where them man lived he told me about.

Again the guys....I got the impression it was a small town and little was said about that. He did meantion JUMPING in that conversation and I have explore this yrs ago. Yes, per the man I spoke to about this area - there was jumpers who lived there.

I know absolute little to nothing about that area, but it was BEFORE we reach Tahoe and evidently in the middle of NOWHERE.

Jo, Groom Lake is a dry lake bed in Area 51. There is no water there except after rains and it is unlikely that the water collects to even an inch deep after a heavy thunderstorm. All the lake beds in that area are dry and the same comments apply to them.

Area 51 is adjacent to the nuclear testing grounds operated by the Atomic Energy Commission. Radioactive fallout has contaminated Area 51 and Groom Lake on many occasions.

No one "lives" in Area 51 or the nuclear testing grounds. Groom Lake, some other aeronautical facilities, and probably the AEC facilities, have living quarters for personnel who are there temporarily for tests or other activities but no one lives there permanently. There are no "towns" in the Nellis Air Force Range.

Lake Tahoe is near Reno, NV on the California border. Groom Lake and Area 51 are about 80 miles northwest of Las Vegas, NV.

Groom Lake is about 50 miles north of Indian Springs and cannot be seen from US highway 95.

Duane was talking through his hat. Of course, you accepted anything he said as Words from On High.

Robert99

On August 23 at 9PM your time you openly threatened an individual who was threatening certain actions.

You do realize it is a weekend - did YOU actually speak with the authorities? If you did they would have couciled you NOT to confront the person....or to make the individual aware of the course of action.

You are an idiot & you have NO expertise in this at all. Yes, some one needed to do something - but, you do NOT confront or make public actions until AFTER the fact.

What you have done is VERY dangerous considering the fact it is a wk-end....I am praying as I write this.

DID you actually speak with a resource available to take IMMEDIATE action?

IF not What happens lies WHOLLY on you. Hope you can live with it!

Such inappropriate actions could also cause a liability for the DZ...

YOU are an IDIOT and YOU KNOW ZERO about dealing in matters like this.

If you WALK with a BIG STICK - you should KNOW how to use it first.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

"...And by the way...posting the full name of a minor and other personal information about him and his family could be considered a breach of the rules...."

I only posted here the names that you provided previously, or Andy did. I did not introduce anything personal to the Internet that is new material. Only my actions.

As stated above, I take suicidal threats seriously.

"...On August 23 at 9PM your time you openly threatened an individual who was threatening certain actions...."

Characterizing threats of suicide as "certain actions" grossly misrepresents the seriousness of this matter.

Yes, I spoke with an official at the Georgia State Child Protective Services.

Unlike you, Mrs. Cooper, I have professional training and experience in the matter of youths committing suicide and the steps one can take to prevent these tragedies.

Hence, I knew an intake officer would be available to receive my notice.

I get the sense that you prefer committing the character assassination of me rather than saving the life of a kid.

Way to go, Jo. Your Southern charm really stinks tonight.

"...You were the one who researched that family's previous residences and listed them, posted what school Andy goes to, gave his full name on the internet, and other family-related items like his mother's name and her Facebook page..."

You allegations are incorrect, Bobby.

Everything specific that I posted I got from the DZ: from your posts and Andy's.

You provided the name of the school, and his medical diagnosis. He provided his full name and his mother's name. In fact, it is his moniker here at the DZ.

The fact that a family named Poppens lived in Sumner and Bellevue, WA is already posted on the Internet.

I have not posted a link to her Facebook page or her full name. Yes, she is on Facebook, but that is her choosing.

More importantly, Bobby, what is your relationship with Andy and his family? According to your previous post you are in communication with both Andy and his mom.

What's up with that? Are you a family friend? Have you met them in person? Why are you gifting Andy?

I'm trying to find out if some kid in this world is really going to kill himself and to do something about it that might prevent it.

What are you doing?

How is giving me shit gonna help anyone? And I'm the one trying to look important?

Here are the stats:

Suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people, resulting in about 4,400 deaths per year, according to the CDC. For every suicide among young people, there are at least 100 suicide attempts. Over 14 percent of high school students have considered suicide, and almost 7 percent have attempted it.

440,000 suicide attempts by youths in the USA this year, Bobby. You gonna roll the dice?

What makes you feel so smug and cock-sure we're not going to have a death here? You know something about Andy we don't know?

Update, Sunday, 2 pm PT

1. I have called the Poppens residence in Georgia. No answer, so I left a detailed message.

2. I sent a message and "friend request" to Danielle Poppens, Andy's mother, on her Facebook page. Again, no response.

3. Danielle1010 has never responded to my postings here at the DZ and continues to abstain from giving any acknowledgement or comment to our concerns for his welfare.

4. Blevs claims that he has the personal email address of Andy Poppens, and has been in personal contact with both Andy and his mother. Yet he fails to discuss the nature of his relationship with this family.

So, Bobby, how the heck did you get the private email address of a 15 year-old kid who is threatening to kill himself?

Update, Sunday 2:20 pm PT

1. Danielle1010's actual suicide threat has been scrubbed from the DZ. Post #55087 is no longer posted. His words are only visible in responses by Bobby and me to his original post.

2. I will be sending a detailed email note to the GA CPS intake people shortly. Names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. of all the major players, including copies of the suicide threat posted here and Blev's response of a gift of books.

3. I have alerted the GA CPS that Robert M Blevins has the personal and private email address of Andrew. In addition, I said that Mr. Blevins seems to have some kind of relationship with Andrew. In fact, Andrew's disappointment with Blevins and the relationship seems to be at the core of his wanting to kill himself.

4. Georger, at Shut's site, indicates that GA LE is involved, along with officials from CNN.

What a certain poster has done is completely wrong and jeopardizes the safety of a supposed child

I have empathy for the child in question, but this individuals' public means to attempt a rescue of a seemingly troubled person has gone way too far.

If this person was truely concerned about the child & had the expertise he claimed - he would NEVER have made PUBLIC what he claimed to have done.

Anyone ever NOTE the times of the postings? Even NOTE when this person posts and who this person responds to?

Child lives in Ga and there is no Tacoma bridge there.;)Why I did not take it serious.

DUHHHhhh!
He who knows ALL and gets it ALL wrong most of the time - contacts authorities and then publicizes his HEROICS before he is aware intervention had been made....or that a real problem even exists.

Way to go Brucie - you cause damage to anyone you interview and your purpose is always SELF SERVING!
U do not care whose lives you Screw up and all you care about is a STORY!

skyjack71

What a certain poster has done is completely wrong and jeopardizes the safety of a supposed child

I have empathy for the child in question, but this individuals' public means to attempt a rescue of a seemingly troubled person has gone way too far.

If this person was truely concerned about the child & had the expertise he claimed - he would NEVER have made PUBLIC what he claimed to have done.

Anyone ever NOTE the times of the postings? Even NOTE when this person posts and who this person responds to?

:|Bruce claims to be experienced in this - so why is he not working in that field? Why did he violate the cardinal rule of intervention?

:|If he was able to find the contact numbers as claimed...why not have contacted the parents 1st and have let them have handled the situation?

[:/]Why PUBLICIZE his actions in a public arena the child is known to visit & without any verification that intervention had been made?

:(My opinion - He WAS only TRYING to make himself seem important. HE announced what he did on a weekend - knowing the "child" read the thread and posts here...

Child lives in Ga and there is no Tacoma bridge there.;)Why I did not take it serious.

These children have a problem, because they are different - but they usually test well in some areas. This child seems to be intact and lonely....it was evident the child's activities were NOT monitored - parents priority is keeping a roof over their head and food on the table.

YET, he who knows ALL and gets it ALL wrong most of the time - contacts authorities and then publicizes his HEROICS before he is aware intervention had been made....or that a real problem even exists.

Your perfume still ain't working, Jo. Go take a bath and scrub harder.

In case Andy dies, you gonna bitch how we dig the grave?

skyjack71

DUHHHhhh!
He who knows ALL and gets it ALL wrong most of the time - contacts authorities and then publicizes his HEROICS before he is aware intervention had been made....or that a real problem even exists.

Way to go Brucie - you cause damage to anyone you interview and your purpose is always SELF SERVING!
U do not care whose lives you Screw up and all you care about is a STORY!

Jo, the above post is completely uncalled for. You simply don't know the details about what Bruce is doing.

While there was some initial uncertainty as to whether Danielle1010 was an actual person or a RobertMBlevins invention, you did nothing to resolve the matter or protect Danielle1010 except bitch.

Now that Georgia LE and the media are checking into the matter, it is basically out of Bruce's hands.

Your dislike for Bruce is well documented. You would be doing Danielle1010 and everyone else a great favor if you would just shut up about the matter. But, knowing you, that will probably never happen. It is your ego that is at work here.

Robert99

Update on Danielle1010, 5:30 pm PT

1. I called Andy's mother a few minutes ago. Her phone is now blocked. Nevertheless, I was able to bypass the block and leave a message.

2. I believe I have done all that is appropriate at this moment. Therefore I will await further developments before taking any more action.

3. I'm surprised that none of the moderators have commented here. I haven't contacted them; perhaps someone should. I'll leave it to others, as policing the DZ is not my passion, or rather, telling the mods how to do their job is not my job.

The whole point of this ridiculous matter boils down to a kid doesn't belong on a thread where adults are discussing things he hasn't a clue about. where is the line drawn? is it now ok to bring kids into bars? he
doesn't belong here, period.

Andy has shown problems from the start of his being here, pissing on graves, harsh language. nobody seems to be monitoring anything he is doing. someone needs to take control of this problem. it's obviously not helping anyone is it? this is no place for a kid to be hanging around. the proof has already been verified!
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

RobertMBlevins

Nobody needs your 'updates' made public on the internet, Bruce. That was the point all along. The Auburn Cops called me today about this kid. You'll never guess what I told them. And I'm not making that public.

You see...that's another example of why some things should be emails or messages, and others public posts.

Jo says correctly, despite Robert99's protests:

'Why PUBLICIZE his actions in a public arena the child is known to visit & without any verification that intervention had been made?'

Exactly. All Bruce is really doing is trying to milk some poor kid's problems into a public kudo for him. If he really cared about the kid, he would have made his inquiries and kept them off the internet, or advised people privately. Anything else is self-serving, and by the way Bruce...the kid DID see your posts. So did his mother. That's probably why they blocked your phone. I have already been in contact with both of them. And eveything is just fine. No more intervention necessary from you.

I'm not the police of DZ, nor am I your boss Mr Bruce. But if I were the moderator, you would be gonzo in a quick, fast, New York hurry.

Okay, so you're talking to the Auburn PD, Andy and his mom, but you're not talking with us about what we want to know, which is - how do you get the phone number and email address of a kid who wants to kill himself because he thinks you don't like him.

What's up with that, Blevs?

You don't think we're entitled to know, even though the kid posts a suicide threat right in front of our eyes?

I say you have an obligation to tell us. I've spent a lot of time this month trying to get this kid help, keep him safe, and figure out what is going on, and you're gonna try to clam up on me?

Nah.

That ain't gonna happen, Bobby.

Robert99

Jo, the above post is completely uncalled for. You simply don't know the details about what Bruce is doing.
Robert99

Bruce made an ISSUE out of his heroic action on this forum instead of letting authorities do what was necessary. He just kept on and on and on bragging about his actions... I was worried about the child's reaction with Bruce making such a public issue before the authorities had a chance to react.

Bruce reported it but should NOT have made an issue about it in the thread.

I knew I had exhausted my options by trying to talk to the child in P.M.'s

It was the circumstance and the timing and Bruce going on and on about his action in this thread.

Bruce was using this child to make himself sound like a hero and all he should have done was report it and wait for the authorities to do their job.

The child reads this thread and Bruce BRAGGING about his intervention could have caused the child to act out on his emotions.....BRUCE if he is trained at all in dealing with children like this KNOWS you do NOT MAKE public knowledge of interference...you give the authorities time to react.

I have a grandchild of my own with a similar disorder...My first priority when I read Bruce's bragging post was to think about the reactions of the child reading what Bruce had done....it was a weekend night.

NOTE the date and the time Bruce made intervention and went public with it. Then tell me that IS how you would want your grandchild treated?

skyjack71

On August 23 at 9PM your time you openly threatened an individual who was threatening certain actions.

You do realize it is a weekend - did YOU actually speak with the authorities? If you did they would have couciled you NOT to confront the person....or to make the individual aware of the course of action.

You are an idiot & you have NO expertise in this at all. Yes, some one needed to do something - but, you do NOT confront or make public actions until AFTER the fact.

What you have done is VERY dangerous considering the fact it is a wk-end....I am praying as I write this.

I was concerned about the timing Bruce used...he had just contacted the authorities (it was a week-end night). I knew the authorties would not be available to react over the wk-end. I responded ONLY AFTER Bruce made his action PUBLIC knowledge in a median the child could access.

[:/][:/]:|
Robt99 - What would you have done if that had been YOUR GRANDCHILD?
You would have been appalled someone contacted the authorites over a wk-end and before the authorities could react - a self fulling individual was BRAGGING about what he did before the authorities even had time to react.

What Bruce did by publicizing his actions was to endanger that child.

RobertMBlevins

Nobody needs your 'updates' made public on the internet, Bruce. That was the point all along. The Auburn Cops called me today about this kid. You'll never guess what I told them. And I'm not making that public.

You see...that's another example of why some things should be emails or messages, and others public posts.

'Why PUBLICIZE his actions in a public arena the child is known to visit & without any verification that intervention had been made?'

Exactly. All Bruce is really doing is trying to milk some poor kid's problems into a public kudo for him. If he really cared about the kid, he would have made his inquiries and kept them off the internet, or advised people privately. Anything else is self-serving, and by the way Bruce...the kid DID see your posts. So did his mother. That's probably why they blocked your phone. I have already been in contact with both of them. And eveything is just fine. No more intervention necessary from you.

I'm not the police of DZ, nor am I your boss Mr Bruce. But if I were the moderator, you would be gonzo in a quick, fast, New York hurry.

And if I were the moderator, you would be gone retroactive to August 1, 2010.

Robert99

skyjack71

***On August 23 at 9PM your time you openly threatened an individual who was threatening certain actions.

I was concerned about the timing Bruce used...he had just contacted the authorities (it was a week-end night). I knew the authorties would not be available to react over the wk-end. I responded ONLY AFTER Bruce made his action PUBLIC knowledge in a median the child could access.

You would have been appalled someone contacted the authorites over a wk-end and before the authorities could react - a self fulling individual was BRAGGING about what he did before the authorities even had time to react.

Jo, Do you actually understand that Bruce first informed the Georgia CPS people about this situation on August 9th which was 15 days ago?

If anything, YOU - Jo Weber - were endangering the child by sitting on your hands and not informing the authorities yourself. You claim to have a grandchild with similar problems, you should have been the first to recognize the dangers and get in touch with the authorities just up the road from you in Atlanta.

Robert99

Robert 99 you are the most prejudgmental person on this thread and when it comes to children - you do NOT have a clue! Just read back logically and then make an apology.

I get the feeling you do NOT read the thread correctly and do not relate postings to the correct poster.

Why do you consistently indicated some one should be banned. I disagree with what Bruce did and feel it was self-fulling on his part, but I would not suggest he be banned because of it.

Your reactions to many things seem to be irrational. You pop off and do not read back or do not comprehend the discussion....in proper sequences.

All of us are concerned about what is supposedly a child in distress and acting out inappropirately and what do we get - adults also acting like beligerent little boys squabble 'NOT ME!' & "I am going to tell on you".

Grow up Robert99 - or have you entered you second childhood?

Robert99

******On August 23 at 9PM your time you openly threatened an individual who was threatening certain actions.

Jo, Do you actually understand that Bruce first informed the Georgia CPS people about this situation on August 9th which was 15 days ago?

If anything, YOU - Jo Weber - were endangering the child by sitting on your hands and not informing the authorities yourself. You claim to have a grandchild with similar problems, you should have been the first to recognize the dangers and get in touch with the authorities just up the road from you in Atlanta.

Robert99

ROBT99, GO A BACK and READ what HE said and the DATE of the posting. Bruce HAD no affirmation of his contact with athorities on that date!