47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Jo wrote:

After I first spoke to Himmelsbach in 1996 and mentioned the vehicle found at the airport after the crime - he put me in touch with Sheridan. Mr H felt Sheridan was the best person to answer my questions about this.

Two guys at Issaquah worked with a group of men with a company out of the S.E. in regards to a contest the Company sponsored. (At that time Sheridan could NOT remember if it was the winner or the looser who had to jump out of plane).

The two guys thought Cooper was one the guys they took up. Sheridan turned all of the records over to the FBI regarding this event. Even Sheridan did NOT know the out come! The event happened before the 1971 SkyJack! Was in the late 60's 1968 or 1969...if my memory serves me right without going to my notes.

377 asked:

Did Himmelsbach give you Sheridan's contact info?

What is the connection between a rental car abandoned at the airport immediately after Norjack and a skydiving contest in the 1960s? Was the company that had employees in the 1960s contest the same one that rented the car in 1971? If that is true, only the FBI would know it intially. How would anyone make the connection to a 1960s skydiving contest?

Did Sheridan tell you that he turned over Issaquah skydiving records to the FBI or did Himmelsbach tell you that?

Did Sheridan know anything about Duane?

Jo Replies for the LAST time:

When I contacted Sheridan the first time - I was told to contact him by Himmelsbach. Do not remember if Mr. H provide the phone number, but he did tell me the name of the Skydiving Club in Issaquah and that I needed to talk to Sheridan - as he would know more about it than he did.

It was my enquiry to Mr. H about the vehicle that was reported at a location near the airport...that prompted Mr. H to tell me to contact Richard Petersen.

Mr. H told me Sheridan would be able to answer my questions about that and Sheridan did indeed answer my questions. I would have one more conversation with Sheridan while he was still in that area.

The car rental being from a company out of the SE and 2 of the jumpers at Issaquah who had claimed one of the guys they took up (for a company out of the SE for a contest) looked like Cooper....this is what spurred my contact with Sheridan.

Sheridan did volunteer the records & provided the FBI with the records he had. Just from MY memory - I am under the impression the FBI never discussed the results with him or the others.

I made NO comment in my note book.

The FBI did talk to the 2 guys who took the group up.

Sheridan simply provided the records to the FBI & he did not see the GUYS. If I remember correctly it was the media reports of a car being left near the Airport area by a company out of the SE...that caused these 2 jumper to believe that one of the group they took up could have been Cooper....but, I truely do NOT remember the details of that conversation - just my notes. The reports of the car left near the airport was in the media & in Himmelsbachs book if my memory serves me.

Sheridan was extremely polite to me and frankly - I wanted to meet the man and still do. I thought from his picture he was a handsome devil.

He severed any communication after this thread started pestering him...and he was truely not doing well at that time.

All of the research on my first contacts are in my phone bills and in notes in a couple of spiral note books I kept and in my planner.

Hope I answered all of your question and that they agree with any information provided by Sheridan.

I know THE FBI never revealed publically the name of the Company out of the SE other than to state it was a legitimate business. We have to SUPPOSE the FBI did their usual & sent agents from the location of the company - who didn't even know the right questions to ask.

I WILL say this much - Duane was working with a company at that time out of Georgia who sold insurance to FBI, Tower control, pilots, skyjumpers and other - specialized in high risk individuals.....they considered themselves a Government Employee provider!!!!!!!!!!!! Shorty afterward the company changed its name for some reason.

THIS Is where the FBI dropped the BALL - they never released the name of the company & they NEVER answered my question if this company was the one that rented the car.

When I made enquiries about the man who had that company - I was told he was a dangerous man and connected to the Mafia in Chicago. The owner of that company was the same man Duane delivered a package to that was NOT a package - but had to be in his inside jacket pocket in 1982....something provided at a meeting in ATL with a large company we did NOT work for.

Duane was supposedly a special guest for one night. The meeting at which I took the picture of ONE man who had known Duane for yrs, but didn't want his picture made until Duane assured him it was only for our personal album.

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW FROM THE FBI IS WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE COMPANY WHO RENTED THE CAR. WAS IT THE NAME OF A COMPANY THAT DUANE WAS KNOWN TO BE CONNECTED TO OR INDIVIDUALS HE WAS KNOWN TO BE CONNECTED TO.

I think it WAS, but the FBI agents just said it was ruled out at that time and NOT one agent would LOOK up the name of that COMPANY to see if it MATCHED the name of any company or the name on any of the FALSE stuff in Weber's resume.

I requested this from 3 agents over the yrs....finally just gave up. One of them was CKRET!

Like I have said - the FBI did NOT do its JOB! Name the company or ask some of Duane's old friends if they ever heard of that company... Ray and Bill are 2 first names. IT is TIME the FBI named the company - it is NO longer in business & most of the people connected to it are deceased.

The name of a company investigated yrs ago that is now defunt - WHAT's THE BIG SECRET! By the way it was connected to the UNIONS and POWERFUL individuals of the time. It was during all of this that my life was threatened and the FBI ignored me.

Remember what one of the men told me and another one was NOT as drastic, but I was told to LET IT GO!

If you want to be around to play with your Grandkid, forget everything you know and destory everything you have

Right now I do NOT remember the exact phrase - but, it has been quoted many times over the yrs by Jo Weber.

These men went POOF! They ceased to exist!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

skyjack71

***Jo wrote

After I first spoke to Himmelsbach in 1996 and mentioned the vehicle found at the airport after the crime - he put me in touch with Sheridan. Mr H felt Sheridan was the best person to answer my questions about this.

Two guys at Issaquah worked with a group of men with a company out of the S.E. in regards to a contest the Company sponsored. (At that time Sheridan could NOT remember if it was the winner or the looser who had to jump out of plane).

The two guys thought Cooper was one the guys they took up. Sheridan turned all of the records over to the FBI regarding this event. Even Sheridan did NOT know the out come! The event happened before the 1971 SkyJack! Was in the late 60's 1968 or 1969...if my memory serves me right without going to my notes.

Jo,

Did Himmelsbach give you Sheridan's contact info?

What is the connection between a rental car abandoned at the airport immediately after Norjack and a skydiving contest in the 1960s? Was the company that had employees in the 1960s contest the same one that rented the car in 1971? If that is true, only the FBI would know it intially. How would anyone make the connection to a 1960s skydiving contest?

Did Sheridan tell you that he turned over Issaquah skydiving records to the FBI or did Himmelsbach tell you that?

Did Sheridan know anything about Duane?

When I contacted Sheridan the first time - I was told to contact him by Himmelsbach. Do not remember if Mr. H provide the phone number, but he did tell me the name of the Skydiving Club in Issaquah and that I needed to talk to Sheridan - as he would know more about it than he did.

It was my enquiry to Mr. H about the vehicle that was reported at a location near the airport...that prompted Mr. H to tell me to contact Richard Petersen.

Mr. H told me Sheridan would be able to answer my questions about that and Sheridan did indeed answer my questions. I would have one more conversation with Sheridan while he was still in that area.

The car rental being from a company out of the SE and 2 of the jumpers at Issaquah who had claimed one of the guys they took up (for a company out of the SE for a contest) looked like Cooper....this is what spurred my contact with Sheridan.

Sheridan did volunteer the records & provided the FBI with he had. Just from MY memory - I am under the impression the FBI never discussed the results with him or the others.

If I remember correctly from the conversation the FBI did talk to the 2 guys.

Sheridan simply provided the records to the FBI & he did not see the GUYS the 2 took up. If I remember correctly it was the media reports of a car being left near the Airport area by a company out of the SE...that caused these 2 jumper to believe that one of the group they took up could have been Cooper....but, I truely do NOT remember the details of that conversation - just my notes.

Sheridan was extremely polite to me and frankly - I wanted to meet the man and still do.

He severed any communication after this thread started pestering him...and he was truely not doing well at that time.

All of the research on the first contacts are in my phone bills and in notes in a couple of spiral note books I kept and in my planner.

Hope I answered all of your question and that they agree with any information provided by Sheridan.

Why were you contacting an FBI agent about some car
allegedly parked near the Portland airport on the day of the
Cooper hijacking? How did you even learn of this 'car'?

Who were you investing for?

What was your interest in this obscure matter!?

Jo wrote

What year was this Jo? When did you have your first call with Sheridan? I don't need exact date. Year will suffice.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo wrote

What year was this Jo? When did you have your first call with Sheridan? I don't need exact date. Year will suffice.

and WHY is she calling at all!?

What is her interest in this matter!?

I mean isn;t this just a bit strange!? Plain bizzare?

One person claiming to be Cooper calls another who people
suspect of being Cooper and they have a chat! A chat about
some car parked at PDX by two other guys - one of who might
be Cooper or who delivered yet another, who might be Cooper?

Beam me up Scotty! WILL THE REAL COOPER PSE STAND UP!

How many Coopers can stand on the head of a pin and call each
other and have a nice chat ... about the weather?

Why is one Cooper calling another Cooper - at all! To rat the
other Cooper out? To exchange recipes? ......................

Hello Muddah
Hello Fadduh
Here I am at
Camp Grenada!

Why were you contacting an FBI agent about some car allegedly parked near the Portland airport on the day of the

[:/]Excuse ME - Mr JW!

WHY should I not enquire?

Duane Weber told me about it in 1979 and pointed out the place the car was left.

It was in Mr. H's book & in the media of the day. There was NO alledgedly to this - there WAS a car left at a storage unit near the Airport

Duane Weber worked for companies out of the S.E. and the S.W. for 2 very politically and union connected individuals!

TOO late too HANDLE me ...just concentrate on how to handle the consequences.

skyjack71

Why were you contacting an FBI agent about some car allegedly parked near the Portland airport on the day of the

[:/]Excuse ME - Mr JW!

WHY should I not enquire?

It was in Mr. H's book & in the media of the day. There was NO alledgedly to this - there WAS a car left at a storage unit near the Airport

Duane Weber worked for companies out of the S.E. and the S.W. for 2 very politically and union connected individuals!

U do realize you are getting too old for this - U rarely post regarding what I say!

U only say something WHEN U realize - She's getting to CLOSE! She KNOWS!

Your mission is NOT to investigate, but seek & destroy. WHAT is YOUR real interest? Over the yrs, it has become obvious I am Friend & FOE, but the friend is to see HOW much I have not told & the Foe is to stop her if she goes too far!

U Can't Stop Me Now - IT IS TOO LATE!
Did NOT Galen come for a family of Union connected attornies? Did Galen NOT at on time perform as a UNION Attorney?

Can NOT one of U see the HAND writing on the WALL? Galen & Georger walk hand in hand...Georger is Cooks puppet or co-worker. Georger never asks me a question except when he gets a little concerned!

NOT one of U guys has figured this out yet!

Georger & Galen and JT will do everything in their power to make sure the truth is NEVER know!

TOO late for that...concentrate on how to handle the consequences.

Hello Muddah
Hello Fadduh
Here I am at
Camp Grenada

"Over The Rainbow"

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high there's a land I heard of once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow why oh why can't I?

Jo wrote

Will look it up and see if I can find it. A given it was between 1993 and 2001.
Think the phone calls to Issaquah will be the quickest.

Looking for the Sheridan Information and I found thing I had forgotten all about.

March 24, 1997
Keri at the FBI office called.
CONFIRMED Duane had Chemical Warfare Survival....

I have NO idea what this means - it they found that - then they knew about Ft. Benning & Camp Seibert which they LATER DENIED! See what I mean - too many hands in the POT.

Not in 1997. Going to bed! Look Thursday night. 1997 WAS a busy yr. Trying to deal with Coop & make a living selling realestate.

Lots of THING I had for ot all about. A man who contacted me - a man who told me that the Guy who bought Duane's Van was lieing to me and that he and another man seemed to suddenly have come into some money!

I forgot all about this stuff. Tells how long and when Duane's brother was interviewed.
What surprised me was the FBI didn't go see any of them - they asked that they come down to the FBI office. The brother and his wife asked that Duane's sister NOT be interviewed because of her heart.

Tired.

The first time I had seen the composites other than what was in Max's book & Mr. Himmelsbachs.

This was the day I collapsed in my front yard after opening the mail. My daughter was there when it came.

The EYES it was just there. A woman knows her husbands eyes - frankly that is what got me about the Jefferson picture -thanks to Shutter. The eyes were the most intense part of Weber and his complexion compared to others in a group photos.

Andrew Schneider of the Seattle Post calls and wanted some information. I didn't know what to tell him.

Brooks a composite artist tries to do an age regression on Duane. I had not yet acquired photos from his past....I had yet to make contact with his ex's - I had NOT at that time seen the photo's later used to compare Weber with Cooper! What I had started with the 1976 photo made at my house on Christmas eve. I didn't have the photo of Duane with the tie tac and wearing the brown suit - HIS ex-wife sent it to me at a much later date. Maybe later I will find the date - that photo arrived at my home! So many of you think that photo I had - but it would be a long time before I would acquire that one. Remember there is 3 more yrs to go public. I am trying to let the FBI do their job.

September 1997
I spoke with Duane's step daughter - her mother had refused to talk to me because the FBI had been there and THE FBI told them - they were there to see if they could FIND ME! Weird Story!

A friend of mine had acquired the phone number for me. The step-daughter said her mother didn't want to talk to anyone - She was afraid of going to prison....I didn't understand that - but a few yrs later did.

Her mother was not there. She was hoping I would call when she could talk to me. Told me DUANE was Cooper.

She told me the FBI contacted them supposedly to find out how to contact me. This is the 1st version I heard & then another on later.

Oct 1997....Brooks Sanderson a composite artist has spoke with Agent Hope in Seattle and told that Weber is TOP suspect & they are still looking into his past. Seattle is NOT interested in a regression of Weber.

Oct 14 Local FBI wanted to know if anyone from Seattle had been to see me. Ralph Himmelsbach wanted me to get intouch with Jerry Thomas and Richard Tosaw.

Jerry Thomas gets intouch with me and the man start with the interrogation. He throw things in that made not sense. Dark Red Pick up involved...he was the one who started talking about a Cuban connection and something about a watch....I was completely illiterate regarding crime.

I call Lana and she starts talking crazy
She is telling me about a burgundy pick-up.
I thought she had been talking to Jerry, but he didn't have their contact number. NONE of what they are saying is making sense...and she talks about Opekia, Al and an antique place there.

I never chase any of the above things - because I had NO place to start...

That is it for 1997...Waiting for the FBI.
and working.

RobertMBlevins

You know, I keep reading about this contact lens stuff and Sheridan. Okay, I can see where that is possible.

So why do people have such a tough time believing that the hijacker may have worn a toupee? Bill Mitchell just testified to Washington State History Museum last year that he thought Cooper could have been wearing one. And there are at least three witnesses who have testified that Kenny owned a toupee, and two of them have said he never wore it again after the date of the hijacking. People laughed at that, but this is much more plausible than contact lenses. And is supported to a degree by witnesses.

How many people actually testified that Cooper's eyes were brown? I thought it was only one...Flo Schaffner. You can correct that if you wish, because truthfully I don't know, but I heard it was only Schaffner. Dark sunglasses on top of contacts? Sounds a bit much. Sunglasses for a disguise? Much more likely.

Are these witnesses that say he quit wearing the toupee after the hijacking, the same witnesses who remember that he skipped out on Thanksgiving dinner the weekend of the hijacking?

Also, Ckret shot down the idea of Cooper wearing a toupee earlier in the forum. He basically said that no one mentioned that they thought he was wearing one.

Much like I have a hard time with someone having colored contacts in 1971, I also have a hard time believing that Cooper could have worn toupee in 1971 and it went completely unnoticed, except by Mr. Mitchell, who was only a casual observer and had no reason whatsoever to remember anything about Cooper.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

ParrotheadVol

***You know, I keep reading about this contact lens stuff and Sheridan. Okay, I can see where that is possible.

So why do people have such a tough time believing that the hijacker may have worn a toupee? Bill Mitchell just testified to Washington State History Museum last year that he thought Cooper could have been wearing one. And there are at least three witnesses who have testified that Kenny owned a toupee, and two of them have said he never wore it again after the date of the hijacking. People laughed at that, but this is much more plausible than contact lenses. And is supported to a degree by witnesses.

How many people actually testified that Cooper's eyes were brown? I thought it was only one...Flo Schaffner. You can correct that if you wish, because truthfully I don't know, but I heard it was only Schaffner. Dark sunglasses on top of contacts? Sounds a bit much. Sunglasses for a disguise? Much more likely.

Are these witnesses that say he quit wearing the toupee after the hijacking, the same witnesses who remember that he skipped out on Thanksgiving dinner the weekend of the hijacking?

Also, Ckret shot down the idea of Cooper wearing a toupee earlier in the forum. He basically said that no one mentioned that they thought he was wearing one.

Much like I have a hard time with someone having colored contacts in 1971, I also have a hard time believing that Cooper could have worn toupee in 1971 and it went completely unnoticed, except by Mr. Mitchell, who was only a casual observer and had no reason whatsoever to remember anything about Cooper.

The whole Weber pamadjeon strikes me as a homespun feudal
doctrine perhaps best expressed this way!

Le Coope de Duano

Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed
A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,
Then one day he was shootin at some food,
And up through the ground came a bubblin crude.

Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea.

Well the first thing you know ol Jed's a millionaire,
Kinfolk said "Jed move away from there"
Said "Californy is the place you ought to be"
So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.

Hills, that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars.

Well now its time to say good by to Jed and all his kin.
And they would like to thank you folks fer kindly droppin in.
You're all invited back a gain to this locality
To have a heapin helpin of their hospitality

Hillybilly that is. Set a spell, Take your shoes off.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?
I said, I said, that is,
I'm Dan Coopre'.
Yepper!

Y'all come back now, y'hear?
I have more Property fer sale!

ParrotheadVol

***You know, I keep reading about this contact lens stuff and Sheridan. Okay, I can see where that is possible.

After listening to Mitchell's interview given to the WSHM, I suspect that Mitchell was more than just a casual observer. He admitted he was a little confused that Cooper was taking ALL the attention of Tina. He looked and studied Cooper. I am not saying I think like a guy, however in his interview it is evident that Mitchell looked at Cooper and compared his physical features to himself. He was looking for a reason this young, attractive flight attendant would be attracted to this old man in his 40's. I can say women do this when they see a good looking guy with an average women..."the what does she got that I do not" way of thinking.

Listening to the interview, he does not confirm Cooper had a toupee. He was attempting to describe his hair and appearance. It is unfortunate he was cut off by the museum staff and his thoughts about it were never explained fully.

Here is the WSHM page with the link to Mitchell's interview.
http://collections.washingtonhistory.org/details.aspx?id=122559
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

EVickiW

After listening to Mitchell's interview given to the WSHM, I suspect that Mitchell was more than just a casual observer. He admitted he was a little confused that Cooper was taking ALL the attention of Tina. He looked and studied Cooper. I am not saying I think like a guy, however in his interview it is evident that Mitchell looked at Cooper and compared his physical features to himself. He was looking for a reason this young, attractive flight attendant would be attracted to this old man in his 40's. I can say women do this when they see a good looking guy with an average women..."the what does she got that I do not" way of thinking.

Listening to the interview, he does not confirm Cooper had a toupee. He was attempting to describe his hair and appearance. It is unfortunate he was cut off by the museum staff and his thoughts about it were never explained fully.

Thank You Vickie:

I had phone and email contacts with Mitchell over the yrs - and NOT ONE (not 1) time did he mention anything about a toupe.
You are right - he tried to describe the hair.
It was not Curly and it was not straight - wavy, but he had hard time finding the words. I know why he had a hard time finding the words.

Look at Duane's prison shot from Jefferson and put something besides a poor man's hair cut on him and a lot of product in the hair to smooth out the curls. Depending on the weather in 1971 few products could or would keep the curl or waves down for any respectful period of time.

The hair started to get fuller as Cooper's time on the plane was extended. This is what was weird to Mitchell - but not weird if you have that kind of hair. In the Jefferson Duane's hair was almost kinky - and as Jeffery stated might be considered Marcelled. I had never heard that word in reference to curly hair until Geoffry used the word.

My hair like Duane's was curly, but girls could use big rollers and a product. Short hair could only be moused down for a period of time and depending on the weather it would start to curl and / or kink. Why I always wore my hair long...but my hair was not as curly as Duane's...

NOT one TIME has Mitchell claimed he thought Cooper was wearing a toupee. Also remember Mitchell like myself does NOT like speaking in a public arena or on a tape...I can write it and talk one on one, but do not put a camera infront of me - I just can't think under those conditions.

Why I walked away from an interview in WA and let Doug take over...I literally left the room.

Mitchell has now looked at so many pictures he has REALLY forgotten what Cooper looked like and remember he was only 18 /20 yrs old. He was also trying to study.

EVickiW

******You know, I keep reading about this contact lens stuff and Sheridan. Okay, I can see where that is possible.

I think you meant to say (that Mitchell said):

"the what does (he) got that I do not" way of thinking.

not: "the what does she got that I do not" way of thinking.

The issue was 'what does this old guy (Cooper) got' that I dont
have ... not 'what does Tina got that I dont have'.

skyjack71

Thank You Vickie:

I had phone and email contacts with Mitchell over the yrs - and NOT ONE (not 1) time did he mention anything about a toupe.
You are right - he tried to describe the hair.
It was not Curly and it was not straight - wavy, but he had hard time finding the words. I know why he had a hard time finding the words.

Look at Duane's prison shot from Jefferson and put something besides a poor man's hair cut on him and a lot of product in the hair to smooth out the curls. Depending on the weather in 1971 few products could or would keep the curl or waves down for any respectful period of time.

The hair started to get fuller as Cooper's time on the plane was extended. This is what was weird to Mitchell - but not weird if you have that kind of hair. In the Jefferson Duane's hair was almost kinky - and as Jeffery stated might be considered Marcelled. I had never heard that word in reference to curly hair until Geoffry used the word.

My hair like Duane's was curly, but girls could use big rollers and a product. Short hair could only be moused down for a period of time and depending on the weather it would start to curl and / or kink. Why I always wore my hair long...but my hair was not as curly as Duane's...

NOT one TIME has Mitchell claimed he thought Cooper was wearing a toupee. Also remember Mitchell like myself does NOT like speaking in a public arena or on a tape...I can write it and talk one on one, but do not put a camera infront of me - I just can't think under those conditions.

Why I walked away from an interview in WA and let Doug take over...I literally left the room.

Mitchell has now looked at so many pictures he has REALLY forgotten what Cooper looked like and remember he was only 18 /20 yrs old. He was also trying to study.

You have never established that Duane said: "I am Dan
Cooper".

You have never established anything that connects Duane
Weber to the DB Cooper hijacking!

Your claim is that you have a separate set of
unproven facts about Duane and the Cooper hijacking -
than anyone else on Earth has. But you can't substantiate
anything!

Your claims are obsolete and nothing more than a personal
project. Goodluck.

Jed Clampet was DB Cooper! :D

RobertMBlevins

Got a phone call today. Someone still heavily associated with NWA (yes, I know the airline no longer exists) talked to me for about an hour on the phone. Result: This person is flying out from Minnesota to meet me and see the KC slideshow in August. This person is also interested in seeing the screenplay on Kenny's life, and I can't blame them since NWA will be a major part of it. I can't tell you any more than that right now, although later I will.

Without more details, I'm not sure what this means. Does this person associated with NWA know anything more about the Cooper case than someone not associated with them? What is this person's background with the company?

I'm an airline employee. I certainly would never claim that my opinion is the official position of that airline.

Who is this person?

RobertMBlevins

Would anyone believe me if I said NWA (as it exists today) may take the position soon that Kenny could be the hijacker? And that certain folks might offer tech assistance on the screenplay about Kenny Christiansen's life?

Or maybe I'm just lying about the whole thing. It could be that. You never know. :)
On the other hand, bringing in the airline itself when you are accusing a former employee of being Cooper is going to have one of two results.

Either you will make a complete ass of yourself, or you might discover the truth.

You know what? I'll take my chances.

YOU ARE TAKING A CHANCE AND YOU ARE ONLY MOTIVATED BY MONEY, A BOOK AND A MOVIE. DO not come off with this crap about the book not making money and how much it has cost you.

YOU know there is NO way to prove KC was Cooper and I truely hope someone confronts you publically about this (obviously this thread can't help). Perhaps someone who worked with KC and someone who did NOT have a seed planted in their memory banks...as you planted into the minds and the words of the people you interviewed.

Perhaps your guest speaker will not be speaking on your behalf, but to defend N.W. Airlines and the involvement of any of their employees and/or retirees. Truely hope NO one with N.W. - active or retired will buy into all of this.

KC is the most unlikely suspect ever presented and you egged his friends on (all seniors) and manuvered the words they said and how you wrote it.

You do realize - I could also have done this in the very beginning, but I only wanted the truths about Duane Weber. I wanted to know why he told me things he did and why he took me to all of the places Cooper related. I wanted to know why his past was so convoluted and then later why - the FBI and friends and employers would provide a different history regarding the same things. Such as the interview with Duane's exwife...Daughter says on thing and FBI claimed another - then wife starts talking to me.

That wife was scared to death by the FBI & started to drink much more heavily than she had before...then she started talking to me....she was always 5 sheets in the wind before, during and after our conversations
contradict things. You could hear the progress in her voice - had a couple of drink and then progress to slurring her words...never wanting to stop talking, but I had to work and midnight her time was 2 AM my time.

DO you think if YOU tell it a million TIME that people will BELEIVE it? And in 20 yrs - you gamble the public will accept KC as Cooper and the truths will be gone forever.

Well, this thread will NOT last forever and when it is gone - there will be nothing or anyone left to tell the REAL truth about Cooper. May the ghost of Duane L. Weber, aka Dan Cooper will come back to haunt you till the end of time.

You are Danielle - that is one of your subject personalities. It is so convenient Daniell pops in just when u need to redirect the thread and / or break up the chain of thought on the thread. Who do you think you are fooling.

georger

*********You know, I keep reading about this contact lens stuff and Sheridan. Okay, I can see where that is possible.

I think you meant to say (that Mitchell said):

"the what does (he) got that I do not" way of thinking.

not: "the what does she got that I do not" way of thinking.

The issue was 'what does this old guy (Cooper) got' that I dont
have ... not 'what does Tina got that I dont have'.

I was speaking from a women's point of view. An example about women checking out other women and relating it back to Mitchell, because...well, who really understands the opposite sex? :P

This is why I believe Mitchell really checked out Cooper...In the interview, he stated:

Bill Mitchell: “He would open it up and have his hand in the briefcase sometimes, which I thought…I mean I noticed peculiar things. You know…” “What’s that guy doing? What’s that geeky guy, who’s got the attention of this blond stewardess, doing something like that?” I mean, you know, that, that didn't make sense.

and

So…he was slight, he had, I mean his hair looked, I mean I thought his hair…I mean I really picked on him ‘cause like I said you’re up in the plane for over three hours and nothing to do. And he had a white shirt, skinny little tie, you know, suit, and he didn’t look like, an executive and not to be getting all that attention.”.

In addition the interviewer asked and Bill answered:

Poyner: “…specific questions Bill? You mentioned his sunglasses. Now, was there any point, when you noticed him…did he always have the sunglasses on? Do you, or did you ever see him without them on?”

Bill Mitchell: “Had them on the whole time.”

Jo wrote

KC is the most unlikely suspect ever presented

Hardly. At least there was evidence of KC's parachuting experience.

All Jo's talk about obscure WA rural airfields, the "guys", Omni (VOR) stations, camps, packing rooms, prisoner smoke jumpers, aircraft mechanics, etc fails to put Duane in a chute.

Cooper may have been a Whuffo but I have never run into a Whuffo who could easily put on and fasten up an NB 6 or NB 8 rig. I had a hard time on my first try and I had hundreds of jumps at that time.

Jo are you 100 percent sure it was Sheridan Peterson you spoke with back then? His biographical info says he was in China when you thought you were talking to him in CA. What did he say to you that identified him as Sheridan Peterson? Did he talk about his left wing politics, Viet Nam, smoke jumping or his horrendous abused childhood?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I keep reading Mitchell's descrption of Cooper, especially:

Bill Mitchell: “…for the record, I mean you know. I mean look…he had
a…you know, a turkey gobble. It wasn’t a double chin, but he had a loose skin under there.

Of all the suspects, Vicki's dad has the best match for this feature described by Mitchell.

I keep reading Mitchell's descrption of Cooper, especially:

Bill Mitchell: “…for the record, I mean you know. I mean look…he had
a…you know, a turkey gobble. It wasn’t a double chin, but he had a loose skin under there.

Of all the suspects, Vicki's dad has the best match for this feature described by Mitchell.

To be fair...so did Gossett.

Your lack of bias is so refreshing Vicki.

Wish we were all as virtuous about our favorite suspects.

MarkBennett and I were talking about that. I really do not have a suspect. If Cooper is my Dad, then I will know what happened. If Cooper is not my Dad, then I will continue to wonder what happened to him.

Jo wrote

KC is the most unlikely suspect ever presented

Hardly. At least there was evidence of KC's parachuting experience.

All Jo's talk about obscure WA rural airfields, the "guys", Omni (VOR) stations, camps, packing rooms, prisoner smoke jumpers, aircraft mechanics, etc fails to put Duane in a chute.

Cooper may have been a Whuffo but I have never run into a Whuffo who could easily put on and fasten up an NB 6 or NB 8 rig. I had a hard time on my first try and I had hundreds of jumps at that time.

Jo are you 100 percent sure it was Sheridan Peterson you spoke with back then? His biographical info says he was in China when you thought you were talking to him in CA. What did he say to you that identified him as Sheridan Peterson? Did he talk about his left wing politics, Viet Nam, smoke jumping or his horrendous abused childhood?

And why, pray tell, would H refer Jo to someone in China!

Jo's desk clerk also escaped to .................. CHINA!

I see a pattern here!

Duane learned to jump ........................ in CHINA!

China is the key.

Hsaing wo nang shishing wang.

Sheridan is the oldest person to have ever made a skydive in China, seriously.

Chairman Mao probably has fake pictures of closing last on a 500 way formation skydive, but Sheridan is the real deal.

Brave guy Pete is. The picture of the Chinese rig shows that it lacked Capewells (canopy releases). I wouldnt jump it, but Pete did. My fear isnt just based on the lack of canopy releases. I could handle that if I had to. I simply wouldn't want to bet my life on anything sewn in China.

He is one gutsy jumper, innovative too. Jumped with homemade bat wings. Got him kicked out of the USPA. Many died trying that stunt as documented in the book Birdmen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A9o_Valentin

I'd sure like to talk with Pete but he has labeled me CIA FBI and will not communicate. Maybe someone else will have better luck. He has a soft spot for pretty women. All it took was a visit from a hot FBI agent and he was volunteering DNA and whatever else she might desire.