47 47
quade

DB Cooper

skyjack71

I have NO idea where I came up with that name. Ken Neustel. It was among all of the other memories of things I have read and things Duane talked about and my own converation swith people of interest.

[I] Answer the question. You spelled the name correctly. You couldn't do that from memory. You copied it from somewhere, and recently. Where exactly did you copy it from?

Mark

georger

Do you have ANYTHING of value to add to the conversation EVER??? or just your daily OMG BLEVINS POSTED.. MUST ATTACK

Another cheapshot from Cinderella! Oh well.

You Greys (your icon) and Blevins worshipers might be interested
to knowe:

Lunar Eclipse tonight. The total phase will last 78 minutes,
beginning at 2:06 a.m. CST Tuesday morning and ending at 3:24
a.m. ... good luck to all bored tinfoil haters!

:P

Tsk tsk tsk..

as far as the AVATAR..... WHOOOOOOOSH

But gee more projection.... H8ter be hatin... don't you have your super secret little cesspool to go float in ???

Since Mrs. Cooper wants us to go back in time, I say let's take the superhighway and make tracks!

So, I offer this entry as a way to start a new chapter in DZ research:

REMEMBERING FAMOUS MOMENTS IN NORJAK HISTORY!

The DB Cooper case may be 42 years old, but one of the most momentous months in Norjak history was August, 2011, and we were all there!!!

Since we are living witnesses to a major DB Cooper event, let’s remember what happened and discuss why we think it happened.

1. Saturday, July 30, 2011: Alex Hannaford’s "most promising" story hits the streets in London.

2. Monday, August 1, Casey Mac at the PI and his colleagues at the Seattle Times reveal the "most promising" lead is LD Cooper, and say the information was provided to the FBI by LD's niece Marla Cooper.

3. Tuesday, August 2, when I asked Casey how he got the "LD is most promising" information so quickly via a story in the UK, he replied, "What, you don't think I'm a hard working journalist?"

4. First week in August, 2011, ABC News airs an in-depth interview with Marla. Later, Marla reveals to the Mountain News that she has had a long relationship with the VP for news in the DC office of ABC-TV, and infers it's personal, too.

5. After months of postponements Geoffrey Gray's book, "Skyjack - The Hunt for DB Cooper," is finally released to the public on Monday, August 8. This follows several days’ worth of press coverage where Marla and Geoffrey blanket the front pages and op-ed. Geoffrey has the fantastic distinction of being in the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal on the same day, talking about how the DB Cooper case will never be solved and that people have to get over it.

6. At the same time the web site for the Oregonian, "Oregon Today," publishes Letter #3 from “DB Cooper,” using a cut and paste from two different Playboy magazines from 1970.

7. On August 15 approximately, DB Cooper researcher “Al Di” surfaces and says he has decoded Letter #3. He later claims he got the letter from the Oregonian. Soon afterwards, Al Di posts a link to his decoding site on the DZ. After disappearing from the DZ, Al Di reappears as “Idla,” on another DB Cooper web site, banters with Mr. Shutter and discusses the rumor that Idla/Al Di is actually Curtis Eng. Ayn Dietrich, the FBI PIO, later dispels this rumor when asked by the Mountain News.

8. August 8-31 - Geoffrey’s book hits the New York Times bestseller list.

9. August 10 approximately, the world’s media begins asking Curtis Eng for his evidence that compelled his office in June to claim the Marla/LD is the “most promising” lead in Norjak ever. He defers and says that he is analyzing the evidence, and infers he needs more stuff to analyze.

10. August 15 approximately, the Marla Cooper family provides the FBI with Uncle LD’s guitar strap. The FBI soon afterwards says they can’t get any good fingerprint or DNA samples from a 40 year-old piece of leather and cloth.

11. August 16, Alex Hannaford is out of the picture and his absence is noticeable when neither he nor any other journalist question the FBI on the guitar strap incident. Specifically, no one asks the Bureau why they told Alex in June that they had the “most promising” lead.

12. Beginning around August 20, the FBI indicates that they can’t find a DNA or fingerprint match between LD’s samples and what they have in evidence on DB Cooper. Media interest in Marla and LD begins to wane.

13. By August 31, Act 1 of the Marla Show is over.

14. Shortly after August 31, planning for the November 2011 Symposium begins to gather stream under the direction of Geoffrey Gray. Presumably Marla begins rehearsing Act II for this gathering, leaves her home in Oklahoma and hits the road to visit family in the Pacific Northwest and tell everyone about her journey.

So, Cooper sleuths - What did you do then, and what should we do now???

"...Lunar Eclipse tonight. The total phase will last 78 minutes,
a.m. ... good luck to all bored tinfoil haters!..."

Thanks for the tip, Georger. We have clear skies here in Cooper Country, too! Times for Cooper Country: Show begins at 11 pm, full eclipse at midnight, over around 1 am.

By the way, G, you still haven't said why you think the feddies said they had their most promising lead in June 2011. Wassup?

To fully explore the Marla Show and to properly evaluate the actions of the FBI it is important to have the basics of LD.

Hence:

1. How tall was LD?

A. I don’t know.
B. Marla doesn’t know either, but Uncle LD was taller than her dad, Donnie Cooper, and he was 5’8”-ish.
C. Elk City, Oklahoma chief of detectives (retired) Arlen Dorney doesn’t know, either, but isn’t too upset. He says he is still convinced that Marla is the niece of DB Cooper based on the overall entirety of his investigation. That's as it should be because too many arm-chair wannabees get caught up in little bits of so-called evidence.
D. Curtis Eng doesn’t know, either, but doesn’t really care since what is truly important is how tall Marla is.
E. Height is just a number. What’s important is the man inside.

2. How much did LD weigh?

A. I don’t know.
B. Marla doesn’t know either, nor Arlen. "It wasn’t our job to find out."
C. If Curtis was any kind of man, he would find out without being asked to.
D. God knows, of course, and that’s all that is important since this whole project is a divine mission from God.
E. He was about 200-220 at the time of death according to his friend Santa Claus, but must have been about 175 in his prime.

3. What color were LD’s eyes

A. I don’t know.
B. No one else knows, either.
C. “They were dark, that I definitely remember,” spaketh Ms. Marla.
D. “I don’t remember. In fact I don’t remember much from 40 years ago,” spaketh Marla’s mom.
E. Geez, can’t anybody find his gobdammed driver’s license?
F. Did LD really have a driver’s license? I thought Dewey drove.

"...As someone told me privately about it:

'They deserve each other over there...'

I have to agree. I even quit looking at it from Greg's computer.

The most amazing thing is that I bothered to provide serious answers to your rather ugly questions...."

Fate has brought us together, Bob. Embrace the journey, bro'.

By the way, I notice you haven't taken the Marla Quiz, yet, in any form. Got your game, right? C'mon, give it a shot!

You're even answering Georger's ploys!

"...Give me a break. We're nowhere near 'together'. I saw your comments at the Mountain News about me regarding the alternate website...."

I have no idea what you are talking about? Hence, I suppose I'll have to check my news magazine, won't I!

Regardless, don't you want to weigh in on Marla? You and I are some of the very few folks here who have spoken to the Golden Girl.

How could your "hard-working" heros at the FBI get it so wrong? Don't you want to defend them? Set the record straight?

Time to man-up, Bobby. C'mon, jump in. The water's fine.

A thousand viewers will read my entreaty to you by the time the Yankees come to town to play the Mariners.

Bob, I can't find anything on the Mountain News about you, nor anything that I wrote about you and your behaviors.

I went to the DB Cooper blog site that I set up before Shutter did his thing and I found this:

brucesmith49 says:
February 23, 2014 at 5:18 am (Edit)
I have received a posting request from Blevs. Although I have told him that I expect an apology from him for his behavior towards me and others before I would allow him unfetterd access to this discussion, I thought I would post his comments here in his name as a service to all.

#####################

“I’ve thinned out and updated a full-service forum dedicated to Cooper. It’s fairly basic. Don’t expect me to post there much, I usually hang at Dropzone. The only thing I ask is you don’t pick on AB there too much or yours truly, since we’re paying the additional bill for the bandwidth. If no one wants to use it, that’s fine and no hard feelings. I will probably leave it up for a while as a test, and if there is no interest, I will place it back on the hidden pages list.
http://www.adventurebooksofseattle.com/apps/forums/ . “

Is this what has stuck in your craw?

I've always been clear to you that I wasn't comfortable allowing you to have full access to the DB Cooper blog without a healthy exchange about your history of character assassinations towards me and others that I care about, such as Galen.

In the meantime, I offered to post your posts in your name that you might email to me. I never cut off your access to the DB Cooper blog that I administered, I simply monitored it and set limits on what I thought was fair to all.

Anything other than this that you would like to discuss? Let me know.

BruceSmith

"...Lunar Eclipse tonight. The total phase will last 78 minutes,
a.m. ... good luck to all bored tinfoil haters!..."

Thanks for the tip, Georger. We have clear skies here in Cooper Country, too! Times for Cooper Country: Show begins at 11 pm, full eclipse at midnight, over around 1 am.

By the way, G, you still haven't said why you think the feddies said they had their most promising lead in June 2011. Wassup?

I havent weighed in on the above because I really know nothing
about it! My suspicion is there is more to it than anyone here
knows, or has posted to date. For example I see no posts by
anyone who has actually talked to the FBI! Duhhhhhhhh. Isn't
that what Marla told Blev when she added: 'Chew that!'

Still, the paucity of facts has not kept Cooper orphans from
projecting ... as you very well know!

:)

RobertMBlevins

Actually that wasn't that particular blog post. And it wasn't that big a deal. I meant where you jumped in when people mentioned my name and assured them I wouldn't be posting at the new site. But after our techie guy Greg told me that not only was the site severely restricted, but wasn't even being catalogued or cached by search engines, I didn't want to visit there anyway. What was the point? Few will see anything posted there except other users. It's a private discussion site. I can live with that. You guys might even figure out something important on the case.

I've already said everything I needed to say about Marla. The Newsvine article with her interview, her postings at Facebook, her many changes of her story, the backing-down from certain points in November 2012 with Oregon KA History, etc. She was going for the big book deal, IMHO. It backfired on her. That's what happens when you engage in mass baloney.

Your friend Galen Cook lied when he posted up that crap regarding the relationship between Skipp Porteous and me. Skipp isn't angry about it, but he told me he was disappointed in Cook since he's always been nice to him. Those screenshots I took from the alternate site? I sent them to Porteous in an email.

I don't owe you any apologies, Bruce. I've tried to help you in a lot of ways. About the only criticism I've ever thrown out there was your interview technique. Sometimes I thought it was harsh. But I still support your book.

Georger says in part:

'For example I see no posts by anyone who has actually talked to the FBI! Duhhhhhhhh. Isn't that what Marla told Blev when she added: 'Chew that!'

Well, here's one person who HAS spoken to the FBI: Marla herself.

And she said that Agent Eng told her the FBI doesn't think the DNA samples they found on the tie even BELONG to Cooper. That was her response on Facebook after she was asked about the test coming back a no-match.

She also said Eng told her he thought LD was the hijacker anyway, and that the FBI would be closing the case soon.

Neither of those quotes she attributes to the FBI or Eng are true. If you want to see her Facebook posts on this again, I will be happy to provide. ;)

http://www.rxlist.com/victoza-drug/warnings-precautions.htm

"...I haven't weighed in on the above because I really know nothing
about it! My suspicion is there is more to it than anyone here
knows, or has posted to date. For example I see no posts by
anyone who has actually talked to the FBI! Duhhhhhhhh...."

Take it up a notch, Georger. You've told us here that you have both family and professional colleagues in the FBI. Can't you make a few phone calls? Ask a few questions?

Don't you want to know why the FBI said LD Cooper was the best suspect they ever had and then why they dumped him?

"...I've already said everything I needed to say about Marla..."

Ok, Bob, I can accept that.

But what do you want to say about the FBI's handling of the Marla file?

Don't you want to comment on why you think the Bureau said LD Cooper was their best suspect? Don't you want to comment on why they dumped him?

Don't you want to poke around the case a bit and see why the Bureau gave so much weight to a file given to them by a detective such as as Arlen Dorney, a guy who doesn't even know how tall his perp was? And doesn't even care.

Do you care?

Since Bruce did NOT seem to get the presense in the other thread he expected, seems like all he wants to do is keep this thread from having a conversation with his futile riddles and puzzles. Georger and Blevins just keep on doing the same OLE thing. I tried to introduce a different line of interest - but it has been futile.

Lots of misspelled words last night - so I guess I should have stayed away from the thread. Tonight just having my say during a lull in the storm. Lots of Lightning and rain.
With this much water I am facing some expenses - dirt, men with shovels and wheel barrows. During the lull I stepped out back but did NOT venture to the side of the house...but I think I have a BAD wash out.

The ground was already saturated and my lot slants....Lightning started again and a large thunder bolt.

Bye!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

skyjack71

Since Bruce did NOT seem to get the presense in the other thread he expected, seems like all he wants to do is keep this thread from having a conversation with his futile riddles and puzzles. Georger and Blevins just keep on doing the same OLE thing. I tried to introduce a different line of interest - but it has been futile.

Lots of misspelled words last night - so I guess I should have stayed away from the thread. Tonight just having my say during a lull in the storm. Lots of Lightning and rain.
With this much water I am facing some expenses - dirt, men with shovels and wheel barrows. During the lull I stepped out back but did NOT venture to the side of the house...but I think I have a BAD wash out.

The ground was already saturated and my lot slants....Lightning started again and a large thunder bolt.

Bye!

Oh, c'mon, Jo. Join the party!

Why do you think the FBI said LD was DB Cooper, and then three months later dumped him?

"..They gave her the polygraph AFTER the DNA test was a fail. You would think they would do this first..."

Do you know when this was done? Dates? Places? General time lines, such as spring 2011, late 2010, etc?

I would love to know when the DNA was tested. Approximations are fine.

"...My thinking is that Marla probably passed the polygraph, which is strange enough in itself. Means she REALLY believes her story..."

I concur. I believe that Marla believed her story, every bit of it, at least up until the Portland Symposium in November 2011.

Then things got crazy for her shortly afterwards and Act II was a toughie, so she may have lied a bit and finageled. As you have noted she had to cover a lot of holes in her story as the questioning got tougher and more insistent.

She hung up the phone on me December 5, 2011 or so, and has never spoken to me since then. I think her reliability went downhill after that in terms of truthiness.

Oddly, after the heat intensified in early December 2011, she talked a lot more about her sex life and endured the messiness of that even here at the DZ.

I was very proud of her for forging ahead in the face of all the finger-wagging and moral judgements.

Brave girl.

But did she have sex with Curtis Eng? That's what everyone wants to know.

What do you think?

RobertMBlevins

Don't you want to comment on why you think the Bureau said LD Cooper was their best suspect? Don't you want to comment on why they dumped him?

Don't you want to poke around the case a bit and see why the Bureau gave so much weight to a file given to them by a detective such as as Arlen Dorney, a guy who doesn't even know how tall his perp was? And doesn't even care.

Do you care?

Well, sure I care...to a degree. And the answer is I just don't know why the FBI said those things. One reason might be because it wasn't Marla who originally approached the FBI. She used a LEO front person and maybe the FBI originally bought into it for a while.

They gave her the polygraph AFTER the DNA test was a fail. You would think they would do this first. If the DNA test was a fail, why did they ask her for a polygraph afterward? My thought is: To see if she sent them on a wild-goose chase. My thinking is that Marla probably passed the polygraph, which is strange enough in itself. Means she REALLY believes her story, or is possibly working from emotional issues. On one of her Facebook posts she talks about being on Adult Attention Deficit Disorder medications. Who knows? If she had failed the polygraph, it's possible the FBI may have ended up charging her and holding out their hands for the money it took to check her story.

On Facebook, her own brother sees her posts and says, "I'm not going near this one..."

NOTE: He was at the house in Sisters, OR the same weekend.

Her mother and brother and sister have never supported a single item of her story. And that's a real frickin' problem because they were all there for Thanksgiving dinner. Marla said LD didn't leave the home until Saturday, and was badly injured. And no one noticed this except Marla?

Her mother was her only supporter, and just barely. Mother is quoted as saying, 'Years later, I thought maybe LD was DB Cooper...'

But no statements from anyone who was in that little house about comics on a wall, a guy coming back injured, or anything else Cooper-related. Not a single thing. If Marla's father knew LD was the hijacker, there's no way he could keep that a secret from his wife. He said NOTHING to his wife? For decades? He tells his little daughter, but his own wife knows nothing? She's either Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes or just tossing that 'maybe' statement out to the media to save face for her daughter.

The FBI got burned. The exact circumstances on how it came down are confusing. But what happened afterward is not. The Seattle office backed off on their free-and-easy-friendly policy on answering questions related to the Cooper case.

And that...in my opinion...is Marla's doing.

You blame Marla? Well of course you would. She was your main
competition now wasn't she! That Bruce omits that is like
omitting the 20th century from world history!

You forget one factoid - your whole gambit on Kenny overlapped
and soon over-shadowed anything Marla was doing. Go back and
read the posts of the time. At length you condemned the FBI
was paying too much attention to, and being duped by ....
Marla vs paying attention to you!

You and Marla go hand-in-glove time-wise as competitors during
the same time period.... duhhhhhh. Or am I missing something?

It was in your interest to take on and defeat Marla.

Play it again Sham Wow.

The facts are the facts whether Bruce sees them or not.

The FBI clammed up as much in response to YOU as they did
because of Marla.

Go back and read your own diatribes on the subject. They prove
the point.

But all of that, is long over with and ancient history. In the
meantime nothing new has emerged, has it? Nor is anything new
likely to surface. Its just RobertMBlevins rehashing things ....
endlessly ... night after dreary night .... day after day ...like
the other lost soul here, named Jo Weber.

You made your mark. It's over and done with, forever. And you
have nothing else to move on to!

RobertMBlevins

Do you care?

Well, sure I care...to a degree. And the answer is I just don't know why the FBI said those things. One reason might be because it wasn't Marla who originally approached the FBI. She used a LEO front person and maybe the FBI originally bought into it for a while.

They gave her the polygraph AFTER the DNA test was a fail. You would think they would do this first. If the DNA test was a fail, why did they ask her for a polygraph afterward? My thought is: To see if she sent them on a wild-goose chase. My thinking is that Marla probably passed the polygraph, which is strange enough in itself. Means she REALLY believes her story, or is possibly working from emotional issues. On one of her Facebook posts she talks about being on Adult Attention Deficit Disorder medications. Who knows? If she had failed the polygraph, it's possible the FBI may have ended up charging her and holding out their hands for the money it took to check her story.

On Facebook, her own brother sees her posts and says, "I'm not going near this one..."

NOTE: He was at the house in Sisters, OR the same weekend.

Her mother and brother and sister have never supported a single item of her story. And that's a real frickin' problem because they were all there for Thanksgiving dinner. Marla said LD didn't leave the home until Saturday, and was badly injured. And no one noticed this except Marla?

Her mother was her only supporter, and just barely. Mother is quoted as saying, 'Years later, I thought maybe LD was DB Cooper...'

But no statements from anyone who was in that little house about comics on a wall, a guy coming back injured, or anything else Cooper-related. Not a single thing. If Marla's father knew LD was the hijacker, there's no way he could keep that a secret from his wife. He said NOTHING to his wife? For decades? He tells his little daughter, but his own wife knows nothing? She's either Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes or just tossing that 'maybe' statement out to the media to save face for her daughter.

The FBI got burned. The exact circumstances on how it came down are confusing. But what happened afterward is not. The Seattle office backed off on their free-and-easy-friendly policy on answering questions related to the Cooper case.

And that...in my opinion...is Marla's doing.

You blame Marla? Well of course you would. She was your main competition now wasn't she! That Bruce omits that is like omitting the 20th century from world history!

You forget one factoid - your whole gambit on Kenny overlapped and soon over-shadowed anything Marla was doing. Go back and read the posts of the time. At length you condemned the FBI was paying too much attention to, and being duped by ....Marla vs paying attention to you!

You and Marla go hand-in-glove time-wise as competitors during the same time period.... duhhhhhh. Or am I missing something?

It was in your interest to take on and defeat Marla.

Play it again Sham Wow.

The facts are the facts whether Bruce sees them or not.

The FBI clammed up as much in response to YOU as they did because of Marla.

Go back and read your own diatribes on the subject. They prove the point.

But all of that, is long over with and ancient history. In the
meantime nothing new has emerged, has it? Nor is anything new likely to surface. Its just RobertMBlevins rehashing things .... endlessly ... night after dreary night .... day after day ...like the other lost soul here, named Jo Weber.

You made your mark. It's over and done with, forever. And you have nothing else to move on to!

Blah, blah, blah. Back to the Phantom Zone for you, I think. We can but hope you cease picking on book collection for kids, the City of Auburn, or anything else that comes into your sights regarding your Blevins Obsession.

I may not always be right, but I will always give it to you straight. Drives you nuts, doesn't it? (*laughs*)

"Phantom zone? I will always give it to you straight." ?

The only obsession here is you, and the other one.

You just cant stand the truth!

You took on Marla and Cook etc and the FBI on multiple fronts ...
to force attention on your circus act, claiming flawed research
and bungled history by the FBI on everything from Marla to the
Amboy parachute et cetera, Marla was a liar and deceiver, and
100% sound research and moral righteousness for yourself;
even comparing yourself at times to "Tom Kaye" and "Geoff Gray"!

What a crock.

The thread is your record and speaks for itself.

Go back and read your own history, Blevins.

It is very clear now what you did and why. It was very clear at
the time what you were doing and why, and it did not matter to
you who you trampled on. Now you're trying to avoid
responsibility while posting total garbage day after day to
Dropzone.

It's all history, Blevins. It's over with. There will be no 2nd
and 3rd and 4th chance! No more revisions possible!

You made your nest. Now sit in it. You are welcome to it!

The simple and the obvious.
Height, eye color, complexion and hair.

No way in those yrs to make him look at all like Cooper. The only composite she toots is the least likely composite and one none of the witnesses agreed on at all.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

skyjack71

The simple and the obvious.
Height, eye color, complexion and hair.

No way in those yrs to make him look at all like Cooper. The only composite she toots is the least likely composite and one none of the witnesses agreed on at all.

All that sounds familiar.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Bruce asked

But did she [Marla] have sex with Curtis Eng? That's what everyone wants to know.

What do you think?

I think not. One wonders why Eng appeared to be such a Marla endorser originally but there are plenty of possible explanations that do not include sex.

Marla gets treated pretty harshly here with a lot of "slut" innuendo eg "twisty butt" and now inferences that she may have had sex with an FBI agent who was investigating her claims.

I don't think she deserves it. She is attractive but that's not grounds for character disparagement. I only saw Marla at the Portland Symposium and she wasn't "twisting" her butt or acting inappropriately with anyone I saw.

I think Blevins did a good job poking holes in Marla's LD story by interviewing family members who were present for LD's Thanksgiving arrival. Blevins (AKA Venom Magnet) gets attacked all the time here, but gets little praise for doing what all the national reporters failed to do: check Marla's story about LD's disheveled injured arrival at the family home right after Norjack. He did check. Nobody would corroborate it.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Bruce asked

But did she [Marla] have sex with Curtis Eng? That's what everyone wants to know.

What do you think?

I think not. One wonders why Eng appeared to be such a Marla endorser originally but there are plenty of possible explanations that do not include sex.

Marla gets treated pretty harshly here with a lot of "slut" innuendo eg "twisty butt" and now inferences that she may have had sex with an FBI agent who was investigating her claims.

I don't think she deserves it. She is attractive but that's not grounds for character disparagement. I only saw Marla at the Portland Symposium and she wasn't "twisting" her butt or acting inappropriately with anyone I saw.

I think Blevins did a good job poking holes in Marla's LD story by interviewing family members who were present for LD's Thanksgiving arrival. Blevins (AKA Venom Magnet) gets attacked all the time here, but gets little praise for doing what all the national reporters failed to do: check Marla's story about LD's disheveled injured arrival at the family home right after Norjack. He did check. Nobody would corroborate it.

National reporters? What "national reporters"? Billy Bob Dorm-
Roome and Cinder Ella?

Give this slop-jaw a rest!

:S

georger

***Bruce asked

What do you think?

National reporters? What "national reporters"? Billy Bob Dorm-
Roome and Cinder Ella?

Give this slop-jaw a rest!

:S

There you go again