47 47
quade

DB Cooper

"...Here's what I think: Marla made fools out of the hard-working folks at the Seattle FBI, as well as some members of the media, in a selfish, lying effort to land a lucrative book deal with a major publisher...."

So, Bob, why do you think Ayn Dietrich told Alex Hanaford during their interview in June, 2011, that the Bureau had the "most promising" lead in the history of Norjak?

Do you think they were already under the spell of Ms. Marla?

If so, why do you think the hard-working people at the Seattle FO waited another sixty days or so to check on LD's prints and DNA, as was reported in the media in early August?

Or, if you believe Marla and her team and their claim that the FBI had LD's DNA and prints at least three-six months before the Hanaford interview (early 2011 or late 2010), then the Bureau had the means to corroborate Marla's claims or not, no?

So, if they knew LD wasn't the skyjacker as they claimed shortly after Marla's Walk Across the World's Stage in August 2011, then why did Dietrich tell the world, in effect, that LD Cooper was DB Cooper two months prior?

Can you sort this all out for me? TY.

Also, can you explain to me why Geoffrey re-positioned Marla back into the World's Spotlight in November 2011 at the Portland Symposium?

At the time, Marla and Uncle LD were dead in the water. But when she took the mic as the final speaker at the Symposium, she stole the show and put herself back on the front pages. It was a World Class performance. Too bad you missed it, but take it from me, the whole synchronization between Marla, Geoff, and his benefactors at the Bureau was astounding.

Marla did not act alone in my view, although the actions of others may have been unknown to her.

Or if you think she orchestrated her fame by herself, why do you believe that perspective?

Do you really think she played the FBI?

Or could the FBI have played Marla? How would you rate that potential? Likely, Unlikely? Preposterous? Hmmmm?

"...Young Man - I do not think you are actually a teenager with a problem. I think you are Blevins or someone he knows feeding this to the thread, pretending to be someone with a disability.

I know a lot about the erratic behavior & speech that goes with certain problems & YOU are NOT fitting the profile at all..."

Jo, if this is true, why do you write about yourself here in the third person? Isn't this a sign of Disassociative Identity Disorder?

"...To Bruce Smith: You want me to take time to answer all your questions? Publicly? Are you kidding me or what? I've seen the posts you made at your blog about me, and your efforts right from the start to keep me off the (*yawn*) alternate website. I've tried to help you more times than I can remember, all for free, and all I got for my effort was crap. Forget it.

It's funny how whenever I ask any of you if you believe Marla's story, and why you do or don't, you do more waffling than House of Pancakes on a busy Sunday morning. [:)..."

Bob, is waffling the same as being evasive? Also, can you explain the difference between waffling and delivering non-answers?

Do you think I'm waffling on Marla?

BTW: I love waffles. What's the big waffle chain down south? Waffle House? Hmm - I love that joint. For the fifteen months I lived in Nashville, I was well-fed.

Damn SHAME! You and I are continually attacked by Bruce & I was on vacation because of him.

He started another site & I was TOLD it was Bruce who didn't want me there after Shutter took over. I only want to read & that is available to me.

I thought Bruce would mind his manners, but he comes to the DZ & continues his insults regarding JO & others. Thought that was why he was building his own site!

He comes here and does NOTHING but TRASH Jo. As for my speaking of myself in the third person - what is wrong with that when Jo needs to make a point. Bruce only comes here to agitate! He doesn't wear his social mask in the DZ. Cook and BS deserve each other! Bruce does not make insulting remarks in the other thread - he uses the DZ to do that.

The flight path study is great & those guys do NOT agree, but they converse without insults & are working to solve technical problems without interference from the man on the street selling his wares.

They are trying to make the flight path a little more concise & after they finish hopefully they will post a summary on the DZ. Both of those guys are brilliant & grounded.

They can have civil productive disucussions about subjects they are familiar with....and with NO insults or Name Calling.

Bruce - if you can't be nice go home! Keep the opinionated negative agitating postings out of the DZ. Get a life! What you do HERE is why U do NOT have a girl friend.

As for my driving - I was driving a rented SUV with controls in the wrong places for me. I have my gears on the steering wheel. A very bad right shoulder & the movement with the gear on the floor require shoulder movement and neck muscles. When you get older you might find that movement rather difficult eespecially if you have had an auto accident with mulitple injuries to those part of youy body.

The new car designers forgot to make a senior friendly SUVs why there are so many accidents with new cars and seniors. The seating is also NOT senior friendly - the rise on the sides of the seats are very painful for those with sciatica nerve problems.....very few make it over 70 without sciatica problems. The contour of the seats are not right for old curved spines and too hard and have a fabric that does NOT allow us to slide other than leather and leather does NOT give enough for old hips...and nerve damage.

So I just keep putting money in to my old 10 yr plus SUV. She has 76 k on her and she needs a new differential - 4k plus if they can find one. Problem was they were aware of this BEFORE she went out of Warranty. I contacted the Buick manufacturer but the haven't done one thing about it - offered me 500 off a new car....Well, you know what they can do with that offer - plus I do NOT need all of the distraction on the new cars. but I need the power seats....SEEMS like I would have to spend 10 K plus just to get the power seats and telescoping steering wheel. The other technology I do NOT need or want and cannot afford.

First 25K SUV to offer the soft powerseats and telescoping steering wheel and give us senior an option on the gear location...I will buy it. They want 25 for a vehicle that is 2 yrs old with 60K on it...

New differencial, New shocks, Reline the breaks and replace the VALVE GASKETS - 10 k and I got a new car... The only seat with any wear on it is my seat - maybe I could get it reupholstered. Garage kept so the everything else is immaculent. Guess I better replace the belt considering its age.

Need a new car, but the manufacturers are NOT listening to the seniors. All for the kids now. With my luck I could spend 10 k on my Rondy and someone would hit it causing enough damage the insurance company would total it. Then I would be out that 10K and no new car. I founnd on I can drive but they want 55 K for that baby.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

RobertMBlevins

You are not only twisting around the facts here, but you didn't answer the question: Do you believe or NOT believe Marla's story? If so or NOT so, why?

Robert,
I don't know how much clearer I can be. I believe that Marla believes her story, just as I believe the others are all sincere in their beliefs.

I don't believe any of the currently named suspects are DB Cooper.

I also don't see how you can take exception to my statement that you made up a story. I watched Decoded and read your book and nobody goes on the record saying "Kenny is the hijacker", much less how. As far as Geestman goes, it sounds like a lot of "he said, she said". The whole first part of your book is a scenario of how the DB Cooper jump went down. How is that not making up a story?

MarkBennett

You are not only twisting around the facts here, but you didn't answer the question: Do you believe or NOT believe Marla's story? If so or NOT so, why?

Robert,
I don't know how much clearer I can be. I believe that Marla believes her story, just as I believe the others are all sincere in their beliefs.

I also don't see how you can take exception to my statement that you made up a story. I watched Decoded and read your book and nobody goes on the record saying "Kenny is the hijacker", much less how. As far as Geestman goes, it sounds like a lot of "he said, she said". The whole first part of your book is a scenario of how the DB Cooper jump went down. How is that not making up a story?

+1
;)
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

RobertMBlevins

I think there is a disclaimer before the jump scene saying it's a theory based on the available evidence.

It's easy to get into a game of semantics here. Technically, it would be a hypothesis and not a theory.

Much of your case, though, could be used to link Kenny and Bernie to ANY unsolved crime from that weekend.

However, you're still stuck with same problem.
Kenny was too short, too bald and had the wrong color eyes.
Also, based on what you've wrote, he seemed like a good guy who didn't have a criminal past -- not the profile of a man who would do this. After the hijacking he bought a house no larger than the size of trailer in a rural area. He financed half of it by assuming a loan and didn't pay that off for almost 20 years. There is no record of how he financed the rest of it. And, when he died, the size of his estate was largely consistent with the value of some wooded land he sold in the early 1990s.

I'm not saying it's not possible, or you're not allowed to have your own hypothesis. You are. I just wish you were more tolerant of others' hypotheses.

MarkBennett

Also, based on what you've wrote, he seemed like a good guy who didn't have a criminal past -- not the profile of a man who would do this. After the hijacking he bought a house no larger than the size of trailer in a rural area. He financed half of it by assuming a loan and didn't pay that off for almost 20 years.

Also, he does not resemble the sketch. Yes, he resembles the one that is always used when trying to make a case against KC. But Florence Schaffner said that sketch was not accurate. The one that was done later, with her help, does not resemble KC at all.

For the record, I believe Marla's story.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

ParrotheadVol

Also, based on what you've wrote, he seemed like a good guy who didn't have a criminal past -- not the profile of a man who would do this. After the hijacking he bought a house no larger than the size of trailer in a rural area. He financed half of it by assuming a loan and didn't pay that off for almost 20 years.

Also, he does not resemble the sketch. Yes, he resembles the one that is always used when trying to make a case against KC. But Florence Schaffner said that sketch was not accurate. The one that was done later, with her help, does not resemble KC at all.

For the record, I believe Marla's story.

Good for you!

Very likely Marla and her law enforceement friends has photos
of Blevins/Danielle ... just in case.

B|

RobertMBlevins

Robert,

I think there is a disclaimer before the jump scene saying it's a theory based on the available evidence. Of course, at that time (3+ years ago) we thought Geestman may have gone to Paradise Point. Later, we found out he had property in Oakville, and that's where he stored the trailer he bought six weeks prior to the hijacking.

Just because no one confessed to being involved, doesn't mean they weren't, you know. The case against KC and Geestman is mostly circumstantial, and has some additional support if you look at Geestman's lies and how those lies are all about distancing himself from either the hijacking, or KC's financial transactions the year after the hijacking.

The Decoded episode here ---->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02WxlT8q8HA

I do not see a disclaimer explaining a theory/hypothesis in the Decoded episode.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

Bruce wrote

At the time, Marla and Uncle LD were dead in the water. But when she took the mic as the final speaker at the Symposium, she stole the show and put herself back on the front pages. It was a World Class performance. Too bad you missed it, but take it from me, the whole synchronization between Marla, Geoff, and his benefactors at the Bureau was astounding.

Marla's appearance at the Portland Symposium and the big publicity surge that followed was bad news for Geoff's book and he knew it would be, yet he let Marla have center stage at an event he arranged and paid for.

I took that as a benevolent/alruistic move by Geoff against his own self interest. The Symposium barely promoted his book and did not restrict participation by critics or opponents.

How do you see it Bruce?

I am still puzzled by the FBI spokeswoman's initial enthusiasm about Marla's story. Hard to explain that one. Maybe she had too much coffee before she spoke to the UK reporter.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

RobertMBlevins

"...To Bruce Smith: You want me to take time to answer all your questions?..."

Yes.

Asked and answered. See my previous post.

Bob, that answer is unacceptable. Remember, one-thousand people will read your response to my questions about Marla in the next week, according to DZ tabulation. Don't you want to provide them with more detailed information about Marla?

Keep in mind that even liars tell the truth sometime, and the best liars tell the truth a lot of the time. Our job as investigators then is to sort out the truth from the deception. It's not easy, granted.

Hence, your broad protrayal of Marla as a liar and the FBI as hard-working but duped by a gorgeous blonde is insufficient. Too many questions remain dangling in the air and we need to tie them up.

I have some ideas on how to help you and everyone else seeking the truth about Marla, the FBI and Geoffrey Gray. Stay tuned.

MarkBennett

I think there is a disclaimer before the jump scene saying it's a theory based on the available evidence.

It's easy to get into a game of semantics here. Technically, it would be a hypothesis and not a theory.

Much of your case, though, could be used to link Kenny and Bernie to ANY unsolved crime from that weekend.

Kenny was too short, too bald and had the wrong color eyes. (edited for space) I'm not saying it's not possible, or you're not allowed to have your own hypothesis. You are. I just wish you were more tolerant of others' hypotheses.

Very WELL stated Mark! If he would just STOP trying to sell his book I wouldn't have any problems - but it is promotion after promotion which is the defense of what he wrote - which HE has to KNOW is SCREWED up or enhanced to make a story.

GUYS! Sorry about my post being in all blue I couldn't sleep and made the mistake of getting up and getting on the computer!
BAD THING! To late to fix the post.

Jo wrote

GUYS! Sorry about my post being in all blue I couldn't sleep and made the mistake of getting up and getting on the computer!
BAD THING! To late to fix the post.

Is blue bad? I kinda like it. I thought ALL CAPS was bad but I guess I dont know the text color manners protocol.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Bruce wrote

Marla's appearance at the Portland Symposium and the big publicity surge that followed was bad news for Geoff's book and he knew it would be, yet he let Marla have center stage at an event he arranged and paid for.

I took that as a benevolent/alruistic move by Geoff against his own self interest. The Symposium barely promoted his book and did not restrict participation by critics or opponents.

How do you see it Bruce?

I am still puzzled by the FBI spokeswoman's initial enthusiasm about Marla's story. Hard to explain that one. Maybe she had too much coffee before she spoke to the UK reporter.

This seems to be a common belief that Marla was bad for Geoff's book sales. Why would that be? Geoff wrote a book about a 40 year old case that over half the population didn't even remember. It would seem to me that any publicity about the case would have stirred up interest and helped the sales of Geoff's book.

Marla was not even mentioned in Geoff's book. Her huge media splash made Geoff's book seem outdated, yesterday's news so to speak.

Marla's book never materialized, so maybe the harm was brief and actually spawned new interest in Cooper and an eventual rise in sales for Geoff's book.

Marla was a phenomena. You had to have been there. Her appearance and her spectacular claims really spiced things up. I look back on the Portland symosium with fond memories. Geoff really put on a first rate event.

The mysterious (and lovely) skydiver/author Musika Farnsworth hung out in the shadows, shunning all attention. I don't know if she ever wrote about the Symposium. She did write some very good articles about the Cooper skyjack that were published in Parachutist Magazine.

A fellow airplane buff sent me a copy of an article about the Symposium that appeared in some airliner hobbyist magazine. I can't recall the exact name of the mag but the article was well written.

I was quoted in some local news article as saying: "The case will be solved in my lifetime. Somebody, somewhere will remember something..." I still have that optimistic outlook. I might have to live to be 100 though.

:)IF a witness per Marla claimed LD's picture could be Cooper - that witness NEEDS to see this picture of Duane Weber made in 1977 on Christmas eve in my home. ;):P

Marla's story was the least unlikely and she knew her uncle was not Cooper. She claimed the attached photo was ID'ed by one of the witnesses as being possible, but when I saw the photo - I thought IF THAT is TRUE then THAT witness needs to SEE this picture. (ps will do the to pics later - not now).

Sorry - JUST can't help myself. I hate story tellers - especially ones who fabricate things to make their story more believeable & we all know how that comes out. BUSTED!

I promote a subject - a man who actually told me he was Dan Cooper & who actually took me to WA in 1979 and showed and told me things. I have NOT fabricated any part of the things I have told. Simply searching for the WHY!

Sure in 18 yrs of this I have been misunderstood and things got twisted and back ass ward....Anyone with a lick of common sense knows conversations & memory & how removed a person is, creates errors in locations and sequence.

If I had lived in the area or been there more than that one time - that might explain my memory. My memory like others can be flawed and make mistakes - my memory is visual (DO NOT ASK ME TO RECITE A POEM).

Everyone has memory, but some memories work in a different mode than others. Mine is remembering what I saw as it was as I saw it.

Changes make the mind have to work on the before & after or to focus on a specific thing that WAS there that has NOT been changed or removed...to visually make the development surrounding it GO away.

That is what my trip in 2010 did for me. I was alone and able to focus. That one highway I kept going up and then turn around and go back....It was so developed that it barely resembled the area I remembered where Duane made a statement...but each time I got to the Bridge I remembered the prairie beneath it & what he said:

"You used to be able to WALK for miles there." The statement he made inconjunction with that I have a difficult time with. I could see the brush of the praire - but what was there in Oct of 1979 was less sparce...than what I saw in 2010.

If memory serves me someone put some pictures up of than and now. I had the right place.

I went back when the traffic was not so heavy. My last time going north on that road - I saw something that was there in 1979. I DAMNED myself several times - STUPID OLE WOMAN as I was hitting the steering wheel in excitement. Right now I cannot tell you the name of the road without looking for a map....I didn't know the name of the road then or now (but, I can now find it on a map).

Numbers just escape my memory - WHY I struggled with American History & even created a cheat sheet, but was always afraid to use it. Algebra & Physics - I could take my mind to the page of the graphs.

Wow, never thought I would ever admit that anywhere...but, it is okay. I needed to tell that to make a point....right now I do not know what that point is.:o

Oh - I guess it has something to do with intergrity and being honest and not fabricating a tale to cover your ass.

My memories are getting all scramble up lately - scrambled eggs and brains. I hated the hog slaughter time - I had to eat those darn brains and then there Mountain Oyster time with the harvest served up at dinner that night..uugghhh!
I still shiver at the thought and feel sick to my stomach! BYE!

MarkBennett

***Bruce wrote

How do you see it Bruce?

This seems to be a common belief that Marla was bad for Geoff's book sales. Why would that be? Geoff wrote a book about a 40 year old case that over half the population didn't even remember. It would seem to me that any publicity about the case would have stirred up interest and helped the sales of Geoff's book.

I always had a passing interest in the case. But when I saw a headline a few years back, regarding Marla's uncle, I read the article. Soon thereafter, I found a story online that mentioned the new book about the hijacking. I bought the book. So, at least in my instance, Marla's story led to my purchase of Geoff's book.

To clarify an earlier post, my belief is that Marla is not making up her memories. I do not believe uncle LD to be the hijacker. Though, I do wonder what it was about him that caused the FBI to take a good long look at him. They get these tips all the time. What about LD got their attention?
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

RobertMBlevins

Mark Bennett says in part:

***'This seems to be a common belief that Marla was bad for Geoff's book

ee suspects mentioned are John List, Richard McCoy, and Duane Weber. :)

Yur long long long post is too long to read.

DID IT SAY SDOMETHING!???:D:D:D

File reduction - Catch it if you can - maybe they lead to the finally of Dan Cooper.

This may have been discussed in the thread. I was chasing the name Ken Neustel and Craven - names from the past of Weber.

This was in an old article by Bob Jones called MidWeek - Jump & Hope. This may have been provided to me due to an inquiry in this thread. Dated April 28 2006 & I printed it in 2010.

ThI am only going to gloss over what I found important that connects to the life of Duane L. Weber & things and people he mentioned.

I was looking for the name Ken Neustel and the name Craven. One of you guys sent this to me in 2010.

The man is talking about skydiving & some of the odd MIS-Haps along the way.

He mentions individuals & incidents from his past that went hand in hand with things I was trying to find since 1998 after the FBI basically rebuffed me. Remember I found faults with the investigation & the FBI had to address some of these in 2001 - and as late as 2007. SOME they have NEVER addressed.

Mr. Jones talks about his experiences & mentions having damaged his knees when the ancient TU-7 parachute didn't land you on tippy-toes as the new para-sails do today.

The parts of his article that interested me are "I still daydream of April 29, 1967, when I leaped from 22,640 feet over Kunia on oxygen with :)They landed 2 miles off target.

:oThen he goes on to talk about "My illegal-as-hell jump with Army man John Strunks (C-license 2446) from a US Huey helicopter over the Mekong Delta in Vietman on May 9, 1966, where a target miss at the Ap Don Special Forces Camp would have landed us in a minefield or on barbed wire. :)
Do any of you know why the article was of interest to me. The name Ken Neustel and Cravens....both names I had searched for. I still don't know how to contact them or if they are still alive and what their history was in WA or ID or OR or Ca....or if any.

So who is Bob Jones and why was that one jump illegal as hell? [:/]How do I find the history on this Ken Neustel and Cravens?Maybe they aren't the ones but the names are names Duane Weber aka John Collins mentioned.

Any information on this is of interest - remember from 1962 to 1966 - Weber vanished. This was a period of time he was with ONE woman and she told me things - age and alcohol does loosen the tongue.

You may find the guys connect to Paperlegs Peterson and Intermountain Communications.

Duane was gone for several months & when he got back they had enough money to go to Kansas and start over with her being closer to her children.

Now take this and tear it apart or perhaps makes some sense out of it.

Perhaps the CIA, FBI, Covert Ops -What explains the things he was involved in and the men he was involved with....and who is Neustel & Craven - 2 names Duane mentioned. WHY or HOW could or would he know these guys? Are they still alive and if so how do I contact them?

Does the above involve anyone by the name of Elliott or Ross....names I can prove are connect to Weber, but nothing I thought was important.

Bruce wrote

How do you see it Bruce?

Hmmm. Strange. Could it be you are missing the obvious? Him
whose name shall not be mentioned. Him who protested violently
- for years! Him who could not put it down - and still can't put it
down! Thee person whose work and book were affected the
most. Him whose book promotion was undermined by the FBI &
Marla! And the name is ............................................

He wrote them both lotsa nasty mail right here at DZ.

Aw shucks. I have forgotten his name. The guy you dubbed the
Venom Magnet. The one with more venom than a truck load of
cobras. The one whose very life was threatened! Death threats
phoned into Auburn City Hall? Pictures of Bruce Smith passed out
to Auburn cops!!

THAT GUYS! "Wage earner sheeple".

His name will come to me soon ..... damn! Just can't think of it.

Slapped down red haired step children orphans ....

THAT GUY!

You know who I mean!

Galen Cook! No. That's not right. The guy who hates Galen Cook! That one.

You know who I mean .....

The guy who sneaks into public websites he's been banned from...

THAT GUY!

What happens when you freeze pineapple? THAT G'FUY!

[:/]

georger

What happens when you freeze pineapple? THAT G'FUY!

[:/]

FUNNY Georger!

NOW another serious QUESTION.

I have what I think are the record of Richard Peterson who became known as PaperLegs.
His history and background match with the history and background of Weber (leaving out the prison stays).

Army Serial Number 35345519
Richard E. Petersen
Ohio, County Ottawa
Place of Enlistment - OHIO
Enlisted Oct 27, 1942 - same as Duane Weber - both in OHIO.

WAS this statement standard:
Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or other wise according to law.

Nativity OHIO / Duane was born in Lorrain, Ohio.

1 yr of high school

I am NOT supposed to KNOW this!
RIGHT!.

YET, the FBI nor any of you folks could connect Weber with Paperlegs. Duane was there because Paperlegs requested him...No one even wants to discuss Paperlegs and the work he did. Why did Duane pay him a visit in 1980 after our trip to WA and Why was the money found in Feb of 1980. Why did Weber skip out on a good job in 1980 leaving his family behind. Weber had already left a little gift at the home of Paperlegs.

Go ahead and :Dcause this is probably not even the right Petersen.
I am just tired of all the F------around the FBI or what ever Goverment office conceals secrets. What the hell does it mean now - Intermountain was how many yrs ago? 1962 to 1971 - isn't 43 yrs long enough to keep SECRETS. Why do you guys think the FBI allowed an agent to come on a public forum and use the code word for CKRET.

Intermountian trained guys ended up on Covert operations. They could NOT be military - the had to be renegades...BLACK OPPS would be a good name...but I think that applied to something else - I forgot What Black Opps was!

Talk about the Nine Mile Training Camp in Missoula, The Golden Knights, find a picture ofWalter Clark regard University of Montana, Trinity Alps of N. C. (Duane went to N.C. supposedly because of a guy who came to the Atl, GA office in 1970 who knew Weber as John Dusty Collins. Vince - said Let get this show on the Road...same thing Duane said before he died...with a storm raging out side - For 2 nights straight the rain poured and the wind blew...Duane died on the 3 day when the storm had passed.

Talk about the GRAND Cooley Dam & Soup Lake and Sgt Mike Murphy and Bob Brady and Vince Greco and Grant Olson.

Vince Grecco expelled Rusty Pyser because he was farsighted why he over shot and someone died - I think a man by the name of Murphy.

NOW guy are you prepared for this?

DO your own DAMN research and maybe things I just mentioned are ALL true - I have a pill in me right now so forgive my errors - I am tired of all of the SHIT our government has thrown out & WHY the hell hide things at this late date.

They are still hiding stuff and our boys come home all messed up - we just had another one kill himself. Enough is enough. The ones incharge blame themselves when this happens...and a lot of it is because THEY can't talk about WHAT they did over there. Well if they can't talk about it - maybe the GOVERNMENT needs to rethink what they are doing to the guys the send over and how they come back.

YEA! Jo is mad as hell tonight and looked back at what happened 40 & 50 yrs ago when it all began - the secret stuff. Well, with those secrets & the images in their minds, they come home & get in their car and blow their brains out...leaving a wife and children behind.
OR they just go berserk & start killing anyone in their path untll some one takes them down.

Sick world and we sit here on the computer trying to solve an 43 yrs old case becuase of SECRETS!

"... the main reason I have a problem with what she did is because her actions permanently damaged the efforts of every other civilian investigator in the case. Before Marla, the FBI was very open about answering anything Cooper-related. After they got burned, they took up a policy of 'we can't discuss anything because it's an ongoing case'. Marla did that. There's my main problem with her..."

Bob, your perspective is distinctly at odds with my experience with the FBI and those reported by many other researchers. To whit:

1. Larry Carr.
I had one twenty-minute interview with Larry by phone in October 2008. After that he refused to communicate with me, even when I PM'd here at the DZ.

2. Curtis Eng
Curtis became the Cooper case agent in the spring of 2010 after Larry's departure and twelve meonths before Marla arrived on the scene. Curtis has never communicated with me about Norjak despite my many requests.

3. PIO Ayn Dietrich
Ayn consistently responds to my emails and phone calls, even calling me on weekends and long after business hours durign the week. She is exceptionally prompt - rarely does 24 hours go by without a response from her.

What she says and how she says it is another matter, though. Exceptionally evasive.

4. PIO Robbie Burroughs
Ms. Burroughs was very professional in our many communications prior to her departure from the Bureau circa 2010. Not only did we discuss Norjak, I also had occasion to contact her regarding other crimes in my job as a reporter for the Dispatch.

In addition, Galen reports that he continues to have extended access to Curtis Eng, although it is reduced since the Al Di flurry in late 2010 and early 2011.

Geoffrey, Tom Kaye and the CS all report unfettered access to the FBI over the past few years and do not indicate that their access has been suppressed.

Chris Ingalls at KIRO told me about a year ago that he had a healthy chat with Curtis about Marla on the very day I tried to get through to Mr. Eng.

Bob, your experience of the FBI clamming up Post-Marla may have other possibilites besides a strategic retreat from talking to you - or me for that matter - or some kind of post-Marla backlash.

I suspect that the Bureau doesn't want to be too chatty with us for other reasons, such as their larger agenda of controlling the public image of DB Cooper and their investigation.

I think that effort compells them to shut us out. I think there isn't anything they want us to know about. We do not serve their interests at the moment.

Remember that the WSHM put on the Cooper exhibit post-Marla. I am convinced that didn't happen without tacit approval from the Bureau. I say that because my relationship with the WSHM is as uneven as it has been with the FBI. I consider both agencies to be kissin' cousins of the Norjak investigation-spin job.

RobertMBlevins

I'm glad I was never in one of YOUR classes. It would probably go something like this. :)

You have to have passed Kinderschool, Snake Charming:101,
Pots n Pans Sales:304, and can't speak in tongues to take one
of my classes! Being able to add and subtract is mandatory - not
being on the run from Authority or chasing Ambulances on your
roller skates also helps! Aren't you a little old for that behavior?

Did you ever meet any Authority figure you did not Hate, liked,
or could work with? Name one! You may NOT cite Cinderella or
377 as a reference!

:D