47 47
quade

DB Cooper

RobertMBlevins

******Listen up BRUCE SMITH - I am not allowed to post on the other thread because U refused - it was YOUR CHOICE.

Not true - was never true. It was a CONSENSUS of the group.
Bruce was just one vote. There was a MAJORITY who said they
would not participate in the new group if you were allowed
there. And of course Blevins was the other primary reason.

So you can stop peddling your falsehood above too! Or, you
can continue to peddle gobblewobble. Nobody really cares.

Of course. But few view the posts publicly except for the members themselves. You forgot to tell her that. It's a private discussion site for the case populated by people who (many of them anyway) were banned from Dropzone. No one cares. I certainly don't. If you come up with something substantial in the case, I'm sure it will eventually end up here. :)
No one cares, Georger. At first I did. But that was until I found out no one except Cooper Royalty was even viewing...or allowed to post. LOL 'public discussion site' my butt. It's nothing but a convention and the only people paying attention are the members themselves. Good luck with that approach.

For all the pissing and moaning and posting you do about it,
you sure don't Carelot in your camelot. Try going without out for
two days and see how you come out, if you dare to face your
addiction .... trying your best to addict others, eg. Danielle
etal, with 5098 posts on one topic here at Dropzone? At least
your are consistent! :S

BruceSmith

***I'm gonna piss on his corpse because of the fucking lies he told and he is an old fucking piece of shit liar who has fucking lied

Ah, clear, concise impassioned focus. I love it.

Go get him tiger!

Funny! When he figures it out he's been deceived he may switch
his view and go after Blevins with a vengeance! :D:D

"...Advice from sis - notice I didn't use the word older in this context :).......

Don't go whizzin in strange places. Depression is ten times worse in the lockup.....
Write some more articles for your website.....
Call someone, go out and dance......
Volunteer in a homeless aids shelter....
Wait for spring, it's coming....

And then there's counseling and meds

Not much help, huh?

btw.....Did you ever visit http://www.parapublishing.com/sites/para/about/about.cfm . The site with the parachute expert, self-publishing guru with free resources on his site who has also worked with the FBI and CIA...."

Thanks, Sis.

I've done a few of the things you suggest:

Yes, I contacted the publisher guy. I'm not sure how to respond to his many stated suggestions. His web site is quite voluminous, and I've been a bit distracted dealing with some other medical issues, like an epic adventure this week on a colonoscopy exam that took two days to complete! Ug.

I'm on the Anti-D meds, and I have a counselor, but I had to cancel this week's session due to the colonoscopy. (see above). I also think my therapist is having counter-transference issues with me, but that's a topic for another time and place. Maybe the gossip section at Shutter's site. (?).

I went contra-dancing for awhile but all the other lonely (old) guys chasing after the lassies creeped me out. I left and went drinking at Red Robin and chatted up the bar maid.

Yes, write some more articles...This is a major existential quandry for me. When I have the blues, why aren't I writing? Don't jazz musicians play their way out of their depressions?

Maybe that's what I'm doing here - consider my repartee with Bobby and Mrs Cooper a form of pre-writing, a way of getting my creative juices flowing - shootin' the shit at this cyber Friends collective.

RobertMBlevins

******I'm gonna piss on his corpse because of the fucking lies he told and he is an old fucking piece of shit liar who has fucking lied

Ah, clear, concise impassioned focus. I love it.

Go get him tiger!

Well, I don't think there's any doubt Geestman has told a lot of lies. Whether he did that to distance himself from the hijacking is another matter entirely. I wouldn't worry. The truth will come out sooner or later.
On this point, I am entirely confident.

You've been entirely confident since the day you arrived and
your record is 99.999999999% wrong with your savants soon to
be after your heels. Good show Miracle Man.

"...Patience. If Geestman really was an accomplice in the hijacking, this will be found out sooner or later..."

So, Bobby, how come you aren't striving to make it sooner, rather than later?

C'mon - Bernie is your guy! None of us would know about him if it wasn't for you.

"...According to Marla, at the time the FBI said LD Cooper was the best suspect to come forward in 40 years, they already had completed the DNA tests (no match). The fingerprint testing wasn't completed until 18 months later..."

The timeline on what the FBI did and didn't do to investigate LD Cooper is a bit murky. Here's what I know, and some of it is contradictory.

When the Marla story first broke in August 2011, the FBI inferred that they didn't have any concrete evidence linking LD Cooper to the skyjacking and they also inferred that they hadn't ruled him out on fingerprint or DNA analysis.

Then, for a few days in the papers, there was a hub-bub about getting prints and DNA off the guitar strap.

Shortly after that it was claimed that the strap was not a good source for either, and the media focus on LD and Marla waned.

Months later other sources, such as Arden the Okie cop, revealed that the FBI had the LD file for many months before the Marla story broke - perhaps even a year, and had found LD's kids living with their mother in Nevada, (I think). The DNA analysis from the girls did not match the FBI's partial sample from the epithelial cells found on the Reno clip-on tie clasp.

My conversation with Santa Claus, the guy in Eugene who befriended LD and was his best friend at the time of his death, told me that the FBI was vigilant in rounding up LD's DNA and fingerprint stuff from him, but the time frame on this is unknown to me. Santa is also a very tough guy to get ahold of.

Then at the Portland Symposium in November 2011, Marla went on at length about Eng having another round of fingerprint analysis completed by Feb 2012, which might be the 18 months you reference since the Bureau was first made aware of Uncle LD and his pretty niece, according to Arden.

All my efforts to sort this out with Ayn D the PIO has resulted in boilerplated evasiveness.

"...Patience. If Geestman really was an accomplice in the hijacking, this will be found out sooner or later..."

So, Bobby, how come you aren't striving to make it sooner, rather than later?

C'mon - Bernie is your guy! None of us would know about him if it wasn't for you.

Actually, it was History Channel and Decoded that put him on camera, not me, correct? ..."

Nope. I learned about Bernie from you and these pages.

RobertMBlevins

If you believe Marla's story, you should say so...and then give reasons to support that view. You're waffling.

Robert,
I don't support anyone's story. If you asked me to make an up or down declaration on each of the suspects, I'd say I doubt each and every one of them. All of them have too many holes.

I'm not commenting on Marla to support her story. I usually comment on here when you're the pot calling the kettle black.

You say Marla is making up a story so she can write a book. You did make up a story and did write a book.

You claim Jo has no witness testimony. Jo says Duane told her he was DB Cooper. Whether you agree or not, that's someone telling her something about the hijacking. You can write very long posts, but none of your witnesses will say anything definitive about the hijacking.

You accused Shutter of using a fake name on DropZone, even though it was not to pretend to be someone else. You've used a fake name in order to pretend to be someone else. The Jane Smith identity you created on Facebook (although, I do see why you felt the need to do that) was one example. You then did it again on Shutter's site.

Your accounting of Decoded is also suspect. You say the cast only said Geestman wasn't involved to avoid being sued. When you watch the episode (and read the Decoded book), they don't just say Geestman likely wasn't involved, they are adamant that they believe him.

One more thought on those with favorite suspects. There are those who stumble on some information and they sincerely believe they've discovered the identity of DB Cooper. As Smokin99 describes, these people then massage every piece of information to fit their suspect and downplay those that don't because, hey, the honestly believe they know who DB Cooper was. And, that includes Marla, Jo, the Foremans, Sailshaw, and yes, Robert, you! I know you don't think of yourself that way, but instead as someone just trying to find the truth. But, I ask you, when Shutter and Smokin99 both tried to help you find the truth (by researching property records), you did not want to hear that information and refused to release any new Kenny yourself until your Cooperland book came out -- even though that book is not about Kenny!

You're entitled to your opinions. I just wish you'd look in the mirror when you question the motivations of others.

I posted:

'Marla accepted my friend request AND I used my real name a week after she went public. No need to deceive and use a fake profile. Sooooo....I can look at her page anytime I want. I do not need to see the screen shots again. If fact, I (or anyone else here) did not need a regurgitation of what happened in August of 2011.

Find William Mitchell yet? He is probably on Facebook too! or maybe not'

RMB surmises:

The truth doesn't just 'go away' because it's been three years since Marla made those posts. It's relevant because the posts came at the same time she went public. You just don't like seeing the REAL Marla. Do you defend ALL liars, or are you just sticking up for her because you don't like me personally? Are you saying she told the truth? If so, why do you believe her story? How do you explain her posts?

You say you don't need this stuff regurgitated. Yet you were the one who brought it up, and even posted a link to one of Marla's posts. To answer your other question, I don't believe *the* Bill Mitchell is on Facebook, no.

My entire post was just a reflection of you using an alias to friend Marla and "dig" up info to post here. I did not bring up YOUR screenshot of Marla's Facebook to hear all about her again. The post I put out there was your screenshot with the name Jane Smith as Marla's "friend".

It is disconcerting, as you make it all about you......on everything. When it is convenient and suits your ramblings, you twist it around and hit hard on others. Just because Marla and I are friends on Facebook does not mean I believe her story. We would have all had a better chance to ask her questions because she came to this forum and then was run off. I was trying to make the following point: She accepted EVERYONE that sent her a friend request, but obviously did not accept YOU, Robert M Blevins.

I never said I did not like you. You, again, are making assumptions. You may think I am defending her or believe all liars because I clicked a button on Facebook, or noticed your screenshots using Jane Smith as your alter-ego. More assumptions. Just because people debate or disagree with you, does not necessarily indicate people do not like you personally. I have never met you in person and have not made that determination. I met a few from this forum in November 2013. Met Shutter in January 2014 and 377 in June of 2012. I am sure the online version of me is much different than what they expected when they met me in person.

If you use dialog on this forum as a precursor to how relationships in the real world may be, you would not be liked by anyone who asked you a question, disagreed with your theories, or tell you repeatedly that you "share" or "re-share" more information than needed to make your point. Then, when asked for information about KC, you do not have enough relevant information that would make or break KC as a suspect; such as the investigation of Geestman as a co-conspirator. If they did the deed together, what significant life changes did Geestman make? If Geestman was 50/50 in this crime, why didn't he loan his own family member the money that KC supposedly did? Did he buy a new home? Is he a wealthy man who invested his money in stock, coins, etc? Watching Geestman and watching his body language during the decoded episode indicates volumes of any involvement he may have had!

Personally, if you looked up financial information on Geestman to substantiate KC as a suspect, it wouldn't get you very far. Right now all you have is "he said, she said". I know you claim you are done investigating these people, but your investigation into KC is not full circle and never will be complete without information about his "partner/co-conspirator". You may be perceived differently if you approached the case from all angles and investigated BOTH SUSPECTS thoroughly.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

Vicki wrote:

I met a few from this forum in November 2013. Met Shutter in January 2014 and 377 in June of 2012. I am sure the online version of me is much different than what they expected when they met me in person.

Not really. I expected a smart articulate attractive person and that's what Vicki was in person.

Bruce S and Robert B were pretty much as expected. No big surprises. I liked them both. Hangdiver and his lovely girlfriend Raz, ditto.

Snow was quite different than I expected, none of the online hostility was detectable in person. Really great guy actually. Razor sharp and very fast mind, wish I had his IQ.

Hope to meet Orange someday on her US travels. She is another dropzone brainiac. Georger is another DZ brain but I have not had a chance to meet him in person.

I liked all the dropzone folks I met at the Portland Symposium. I actually got along well with Jerry T who was a perfect gentleman when disputing my belief that Cooper could have easily survived the jump.

Tom, Al and Carol "Abacadabra" were really fun to hang out with and I hope I will get another chance. Carol's Dan Cooper Comic presentation was a masterpiece, super well done. Tom and Al amazed me with stories about how they maintain obsolete but very capable scanning electron microscopes that they bought dirt cheap.

Jo and I have our differences but I like her a lot. We squabble at times but stop way short of nasty.

I think we all look worse online than we are in person. Something about the Internet brings out the fangs in normally civilized folks.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

"...Personally, if you looked up financial information on Geestman to substantiate KC as a suspect, it wouldn't get you very far. Right now all you have is "he said, she said". I know you claim you are done investigating these people, but your investigation into KC is not full circle and never will be complete without information about his "partner/co-conspirator". You may be perceived differently if you approached the case from all angles and investigated BOTH SUSPECTS thoroughly..."

Right on, Miss Vicki!

Smart, articulate (and beautiful) as always.

Vicki wrote:

I met a few from this forum in November 2013. Met Shutter in January 2014 and 377 in June of 2012. I am sure the online version of me is much different than what they expected when they met me in person.

Not really. I expected a smart articulate attractive person and that's what Vicki was in person.

Bruce S and Robert B were pretty much as expected. No big surprises. I liked them both. Hangdiver and his lovely girlfriend Raz, ditto.

Snow was quite different than I expected, none of the online hostility was detectable in person. Really great guy actually. Razor sharp and very fast mind, wish I had his IQ.

Hope to meet Orange someday on her US travels. She is another dropzone brainiac. Georger is another DZ brain but I have not had a chance to meet him in person.

I liked all the dropzone folks I met at the Portland Symposium. I actually got along well with Jerry T who was a perfect gentleman when disputing my belief that Cooper could have easily survived the jump.

Tom, Al and Carol "Abacadabra" were really fun to hang out with and I hope I will get another chance. Carol's Dan Cooper Comic presentation was a masterpiece, super well done. Tom and Al amazed me with stories about how they maintain obsolete but very capable scanning electron microscopes that they bought dirt cheap.

Jo and I have our differences but I like her a lot. We squabble at times but stop way short of nasty.

I think we all look worse online than we are in person. Something about the Internet brings out the fangs in normally civilized folks.

EVicki was a lot cuter than I expected. She is damned beautiful! (And skinny!) Her daughter Michelle ain't nobody's fool, either - we met at Sail's yacht club a year ago.

Bobby B was surprisingly social when we meet at Ariel. We got along fairly well.

Mrs Cooper can be as bitchy in person as she is here as I witnessed in her dressing down of two waiters. But she also has a lot of pluck. However, she is the World's Worst Driver and even though she drove for only two blocks to the restaurant in Vancouver I thought we were gonna get crunched in about two traffic accidents. (There and Back!) Hence, we switched cars and I drove the rest of the day.

Yeah, Tom, Al, and Abracadabra are a fun trio. Good people, smart, and have something to talk about. But Abra reminds me of a cobra when she is cross; whew! But she was correct in her observations, so her wrath was purposeful. Hence, I grow a thick skin and go to therapy as I become a better writer. Drinking tequila helps, too.

Hangdiver and Razberry are defintely a fun couple. When I think of them I smile and say, "Gawd, they look like they have a lot of fun in bed."

JT is also remarkably charming, even when he's busting my ass about something Washougally.

Speaking of asses, I have the distinct feeling that Amazon would like to kick mine out a door at 14,000 feet. I assume she also imagines me wearing a parachute, too, whereas Orange 1, well, let's just say I'm not sure she envisions me wearing much more than a "T" shirt and jeans.

Nevertheless, I know that 377 will be right behind me going into a tuck to exceed terminal velocity and hand me his reserve chute.

Bruce wrote

Mrs Cooper can be as bitchy in person as she is here as I witnessed in her dressing down of two waiters. But she also has a lot of pluck. However, she is the World's Worst Driver and even though she drove for only two blocks to the restaurant in Vancouver I thought we were gonna get crunched in about two traffic accidents. (There and Back!) Hence, we switched cars and I drove the rest of the day.

So you aint buying the govt conspiracy setup explanation for Jo's car crash in FL?;)

Bruce wrote

Speaking of asses, I have the distinct feeling that Amazon would like to kick mine out a door at 14,000 feet. I assume she also imagines me wearing a parachute, too, whereas Orange 1, well, let's just say I'm not sure she envisions me wearing much more than a "T" shirt and jeans.

Nevertheless, I know that 377 will be right behind me going into a tuck to exceed terminal velocity and hand me his reserve chute.

Yup, I wouldnt let a good investigative journalist bounce, too few left.

Amazon wouldnt throw you out chuteless, she isnt THAT cruel. She'd give you one of these canopies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gV7QO1ZKzI

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Bruce wrote

So you aint buying the govt conspiracy setup explanation for Jo's car crash in FL?;)

Bruce wrote***Speaking of asses, I have the distinct feeling that Amazon would like to kick mine out a door at 14,000 feet. I assume she also imagines me wearing a parachute, too, whereas Orange 1, well, let's just say I'm not sure she envisions me wearing much more than a "T" shirt and jeans.

Yup, I wouldnt let a good investigative journalist bounce, too few left.

Amazon wouldnt throw you out chuteless, she isnt THAT cruel. She'd give you one of these canopies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gV7QO1ZKzI

Was that clip about the smallest parachute in the world or the smallest skydiver? Or was his gf one super long, tall glass of water?

As for Mrs Cooper and her gov't car crack-ups, hmmm. Tough call. When it comes to our Jo, I say that almost anything is possible.

What got me interested in Kenny being DB Cooper was when I saw the decoded show I have to admit the decoded guys did a nice job filming in Seattle because I used to live there and I really liked it when they put the museum of flight in it because I've been there a lot I saw them scanning Kenny's house and Scott Rolle find the hiding spot when I saw him find it I though we're gonna solve the mystery and I was disappointed when nothing was in it I saw Buddy Scott and Christine interview Bernie Geestman I was in shock when he said Kenny could be the hijacker and when he called you a liar and saying he didn't do it and I saw them say Geestman wasn't the accomplice after I saw the show I read the book
*** he's lying- Bernie Geestman on decoded referring to you which I find funny

Totally off-topic, but interesting:

Here in Cooper Country today we lost 911 service, and here in my home county of Pierce, site of Tacoma and the ole sod for 800,000 souls, the county gov't dived into the fray and started called 300,000 homes to give them a list of direct phone numbers to call for help if needed - such as cops, fire, ambulances, etc.

I got a phone call early, but I hadn't had a cup of java so I was unable to scribbble down the torrent of numbers they babbled.

I later got a press release from the county communications director (a guy who busts my ass as much as Bobby and Jo combined, incidently) and he claimed it was a "regional" and "multi-state" event. However, due to the personality conflicts I declined to call him for more details.

So, has anyone else been effected? Does anyone know how this happened?

Imagine if this happened on the day that Amazon and I go for a little plane ride. OMG!!!

BruceSmith

Totally off-topic, but interesting:

Here in Cooper Country today we lost 911 service, and here in my home county of Pierce, site of Tacoma and the ole sod for 800,000 souls, the county gov't dived into the fray and started called 300,000 homes to give them a list of direct phone numbers to call for help if needed - such as cops, fire, ambulances, etc.

I got a phone call early, but I hadn't had a cup of java so I was unable to scribbble down the torrent of numbers they babbled.

I later got a press release from the county communications director (a guy who busts my ass as much as Bobby and Jo combined, incidently) and he claimed it was a "regional" and "multi-state" event. However, do to the personality conflicts I declined to call him for more details.

Imagine if this happened on the day that Amazon and I go for a little plane ride. OMG!!!

It would not matter. Your cell phone would be in airplane mode. ;)
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

EVickiW

***Totally off-topic, but interesting:

I later got a press release from the county communications director (a guy who busts my ass as much as Bobby and Jo combined, incidently) and he claimed it was a "regional" and "multi-state" event. However, do to the personality conflicts I declined to call him for more details.

It would not matter. Your cell phone would be in airplane mode. ;)

As you know, Vick, I am actually quite illiterate tech-wise. How do I put a cell phone into airplane mode? Maybe I should practice this before Miss Amazona picks me up for our aerial rendezvous....

Also, I need to keep 377's number on speed dial. Perhaps you could help me with that, too. TY. URGr8!

See, I'm working on my texting!

Young Man - I do not think you are actually a teenager with a problem. I think you are Blevins or someone he knows feeding this to the thread, pretending to be someone with a disability.

I know a lot about the erratic behavior & speech that goes with certain problems & YOU are NOT fitting the profile at all.

Just how or why were you at the site when the program was recorded? This defies most logic unless you are the son of one of the film crew or who currently owned the land & house.

Surely you do NOT drive because NO way would we let my 24 yr grand-daughter drive. She's quick with the computer & gaming, but lacks COMMON sense about certain things. She also has a growth problem so she is only 4'5" and with many health issues on top of the disability.

She could not get a diploma because she does not comprehend math or count money. She is not big enough or strong enough to stock so no one will employe her. She volunteers for the childrens theatre helping with the sets and the prompting... the rest of her life evolves around the computer. She games all over the world.

She also is a very good artist, but without the diploma or its equivalent she could not go to art school. She wants very badly to advance with her art and she could probably support herself with the art as a free lance. She reads the newspaper from front to back everyday -and talks about these things with others.

She gets distracted & then she can't focus on the common sense things the simple things in life.

You do know that Kenney was only 5ft 8in & had hazel eyes and and had a serious receding hair line...NO toupe in those days could have provided on his head what the artist drew....there was NO indications Cooper had on a hair piece or wig or platform shoe or any other item that might indicate a disquise in height.

Pretty hard in 1971 to miss a man who was about 6 ft. I was 31 at that time and I wore heels very much like the steward did but at 5'7" myself in 1971....believe me I knew when a man was only 5'8" I married one! He had a complex about it and referred to me as a GD giraffe....so I personally vouch for the height of the skyjumper and stewardess wearing a 1-1/4 inch heels which was the standard for a stewardess in 1971. They knew when the man was under 5'9"...

If you are truely what you say - then think about this. A plane is a confined area...and Cooper stood up and the girls had to look up at Cooper (simple deduction - Cooper was much taller than 5'8 ")

My pm's are open to you if you really want to talk and I don't mean about Cooper. I also want to KNOW the answer to the question I asked you about why you were present when the crew was filming!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

RobertMBlevins

****** If you believe Marla's story, you should say so...and then give reasons to support that view. You're waffling.

Robert,
I don't support anyone's story. If you asked me to make an up or down declaration on each of the suspects, I'd say I doubt each and every one of them. All of them have too many holes.

I'm not commenting on Marla to support her story. I usually comment on here when you're the pot calling the kettle black.

You say Marla is making up a story so she can write a book. You did make up a story and did write a book.

You claim Jo has no witness testimony. Jo says Duane told her he was DB Cooper. Whether you agree or not, that's someone telling her something about the hijacking. You can write very long posts, but none of your witnesses will say anything definitive about the hijacking.

You accused Shutter of using a fake name on DropZone, even though it was not to pretend to be someone else. You've used a fake name in order to pretend to be someone else. The Jane Smith identity you created on Facebook (although, I do see why you felt the need to do that) was one example. You then did it again on Shutter's site.

Your accounting of Decoded is also suspect. You say the cast only said Geestman wasn't involved to avoid being sued. When you watch the episode (and read the Decoded book), they don't just say Geestman likely wasn't involved, they are adamant that they believe him.

One more thought on those with favorite suspects. There are those who stumble on some information and they sincerely believe they've discovered the identity of DB Cooper. As Smokin99 describes, these people then massage every piece of information to fit their suspect and downplay those that don't because, hey, the honestly believe they know who DB Cooper was. And, that includes Marla, Jo, the Foremans, Sailshaw, and yes, Robert, you! I know you don't think of yourself that way, but instead as someone just trying to find the truth. But, I ask you, when Shutter and Smokin99 both tried to help you find the truth (by researching property records), you did not want to hear that information and refused to release any new Kenny yourself until your Cooperland book came out -- even though that book is not about Kenny!

You're entitled to your opinions. I just wish you'd look in the mirror when you question the motivations of others.

You are not only twisting around the facts here, but you didn't answer the question: Do you believe or NOT believe Marla's story? If so or NOT so, why?

Here's what I think: Marla made fools out of the hard-working folks at the Seattle FBI, as well as some members of the media, in a selfish, lying effort to land a lucrative book deal with a major publisher. And it bombed on her. I don't mind being direct. So what if used a false ID at Facebook to find out her true motivations. Maybe if the FBI would have done that they could have dismissed her claim in short order. But all that happened was she wasted everybody's time and tax dollars in an effort to deceive strictly for greed. I think that's plain enough.

As far as new info on Christiansen, I said I would present whatever was available at the theater in August. If you can't attend, you can catch the video on YouTube because all 30 minutes will be there.

By the way....Geestman and some of his finances have been investigated. I just haven't said anything about that yet. The truth is, I don't mind discussing the case but I no longer trust some of the people who post here, so I answer some questions privately, not just toss out everything on the internet anymore.

The Decoded cast: What I said was that the director was instructed by Go Go Luckey's legal eagles to tell the cast off-camera that saying Geestman was involved - unless they could get him to admit a key point on something - was risky, and that maybe they shouldn't do it. Later, producer Pete Berg gave me the story about the legal team but I had to keep quiet until he was no longer working for GGL. So I kept quiet.

After Berg moved to his own production company...that's when I emailed Scott Rolle and Buddy Levy and asked them if they actually believed Geestman was involved. I alluded to what I had heard from Pete Berg, but didn't give them the details. They answered anyway. Here is what they said:

Scott:

'Robert: My sense of Bernie was that he was (to use a police term) squirrelly during our interview. I found it interesting that he would throw his ex under the bus and basically say SHE could have been an accomplice. I had no reason to think he was drunk (no smell or the like) but he seemed a bit dimwitted. I don't feel he told us everything he knows, and his denials were tepid. I am not prepared to say with certainly that Bernie helped Kenny in this case. As a person trained and highly experienced in body language and questioning witnesses, I found Bernie a tough nut to crack in the sense that he appeared credible to a certain extent, and he even cried at one point.

However, he left out large chunks of information. I wish I'd had the information on the tugboat records going missing as I would have pressed him hard on that. Hope this helps you... I love this case and it was my favorite episode out of the 23 that we did....my cell is (deleted). Feel free to call if you want to discuss more....'

Buddy:

'Geestman was very cagey, even shifty during the interview. My personal suspicion was that he was actually drunk. But in the end he was pretty convincing--probably having spent years answering questions and even convincing himself that what he was saying was the truth. I have very little doubt that Kenny is guilty, and I went away from the interview with Geestman confused and uncertain about his involvement as an accomplice. You have to remember that we were given very little time to process the interview and think about all he had said--they filmed us coming out the door, and those were our initial, on the spot responses. Then we filmed about an hour later in the diner and still, not much processing time and we'd been running around filming for weeks, months even.
Having had more time to think about it it would not surprise me in the least if Geestman was an accomplice, or at the very least knew about it and aided Kenny in some ways before or after...'

Even though these are not firm endorsements, they are neither strong opinions on Geestman's innocence. After I received these messages, I sent both of them a copy of the KC report.

You said this: 'You say Marla is making up a story so she can write a book. You did make up a story and did write a book...'

No, and I take exception to your statement saying I 'made up a story'. The interviews are accurate and so is the book. A few of the details regarding the hijacking that have nothing to do with Kenny's guilt or innocence are probably inaccurate. But you get that with practically every article, every news account containing the story of the hijacking. I didn't say Marla made up a story to write a book. I said she made up a story in order to get a lucrative offer from a big-name publisher, which would have meant an advance...and outright fraud as well.

People want me to provide this and that. But these same people wouldn't know the truth on something regarding the Cooper case if the Book of Truth Instructions on the item dropped into their laps.

Why? Because many here don't judge anything posted by whether they believe it or not, or whether it's true or not. They base their response, positive or negative, on personalities. For example, I brought up some good reasons why the FBI's conclusion on the Amboy chute was suspect at best. Everyone blew that off. Then I pulled the covers on Marla and people got mad at me because I did.

This kind of thing only happens in Cooperland. It's a weird place sometimes. If the truth on Cooper were actually discovered, I think many in Cooperland would be disappointed and wouldn't know what to do next. Me? I'd just move on to the next editing job. :)
Have you ever heard of Rainwert Potion? He used to live at
Auburn and says he knows you ?