47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Believe it or not Georger it was an automated 35 MM
photographic film process. I was astounded. Slow refresh rate but it worked. No problem projecting a big screen map with targets. As I read it, the map was not a computer generated graphic but an optical one onto which the target info was overlaid.

See this:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3110066;search_string=SAGE%20%20display%20film;#3110066

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Posted by me years ago:

Re: [377] Popular Cooper Myths Debunked [In reply to]
SAGE old timers are checking in and are politely destroying my fantasy.

Early feedback is that if NWA 305 had its transponder active (a certainty) then SAGE, in its infinite computer wisdom, would display only the transponder hit and filter out the raw radar echos within the "data cell" which was about 1/8 mile wide. Cooper would only show up when he separated from the plane horizontally by more than the remaining data cell width, which would be about 1/16 mile if the transponder hit were centered in the data cell. Sweeps were slow, about 6-10 seconds per sweep (nobody is certain, but it was slow), so do the math. Cooper might have showed up for one maybe two sweeps, not much to go on. My sacred "SAGE solves Cooper mystery" scenario is unraveling fast.

SAGE did apparently have electronic recording means besides 35 mm film, but the old timers tell me that there is almost no chance of any electronic records surviving unless they were preserved during the initial case investigation.

Here is the actual quote from a SAGE expert:

"In any event, it is doubtful if digital tapes showing tracks and radar data at the direction center for that day still exist, or 35 mm film of a PPI at the radar sites or of a device called a RAPPI (Random access PPI). The large Kelvin Hughes Projector 35 mm film for the Direction Center command post display, more of a situation map, likewise is not available but it likely wouldn't show the detail needed for this process."

OK, back to the drawing board. Sigh.

The thrill of the chase... the disappointment when you see what is found. If this is what real detective work is like, I think I'll keep my day job. Carry on Ckret.

Malfunction? Cutaway and pull silver...you know... that tab on the top of the beer can.

(This post was edited by 377 on Feb 3, 2008, 9:24 PM)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

More old SAGE stuff.

SAGE DID have film records: 35 mm film radar screen shots, one per sweep. Believe it or not they were chemically processed automatically to be shown in a big screen projector as a continuously updated slide show for a big USAF air defense radar display board. Time delay was less than 30 seconds!

This MUST have been superseded by more modern technology. SAGE was working through the early 1980s.

Here is some stuff that will amuse the techies here. It is arguably (barely) Cooper related because it is about the SAGE radar at McChord AFB. I am trying to find out more info from McChord SAGE techs who worked there in the Cooper era. Q7 was the digital computer that ran the SAGE system.

" There were also programs written to play music on the Q7. The DMC had a speaker on it, with a volume control and a switch to select one of four register bits to monitor. During normal air defense operation, the speaker was usually turned to a low level to monitor the operation of the system. The air defense program had a certain rhythm to it while cycling normally, and an experienced tech could often catch a problem early by hearing a change in the pattern. In standby mode, by toggling the register bit on and off at a defined rate, you could produce definite musical pitches through the speaker. The problem with the existing music programs was that it was a complicated process to write a program to play a tune, and each program could only play one tune. Over the course of several mid-shifts, I wrote a music interpreter, which would read a short data deck (punch cards) telling which notes to play and for how long, making it easy to program new tunes. After one productive mid-shift, the day crew arrived to hear the standby system playing "The Liberty Bell" march, with big block letters on the display scope spelling out "Monty Python's Flying Circus". I wish I had saved that program!

When McChord's Q7 was dismantled in 1983 after 25 years of operation, the crew saved a couple of pieces for me: a switch/indicator assembly from the DMC and a 64Kbit core plane from Big Mem. I've also acquired a few other parts over the years, including two PUs, some panel faceplates and a LRI test panel assembly. I have a page dedicated to my SAGE artifacts."

http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/SAGE/

Posted by me years ago:

SAGE old timers are checking in and are politely destroying my fantasy.

Early feedback is that if NWA 305 had its transponder active (a certainty) then SAGE, in its infinite computer wisdom, would display only the transponder hit and filter out the raw radar echos within the "data cell" which was about 1/8 mile wide. Cooper would only show up when he separated from the plane horizontally by more than the remaining data cell width, which would be about 1/16 mile if the transponder hit were centered in the data cell. Sweeps were slow, about 6-10 seconds per sweep (nobody is certain, but it was slow), so do the math. Cooper might have showed up for one maybe two sweeps, not much to go on. My sacred "SAGE solves Cooper mystery" scenario is unraveling fast.

SAGE did apparently have electronic recording means besides 35 mm film, but the old timers tell me that there is almost no chance of any electronic records surviving unless they were preserved during the initial case investigation.

Here is the actual quote from a SAGE expert:

"In any event, it is doubtful if digital tapes showing tracks and radar data at the direction center for that day still exist, or 35 mm film of a PPI at the radar sites or of a device called a RAPPI (Random access PPI). The large Kelvin Hughes Projector 35 mm film for the Direction Center command post display, more of a situation map, likewise is not available but it likely wouldn't show the detail needed for this process."

OK, back to the drawing board. Sigh.

The thrill of the chase... the disappointment when you see what is found. If this is what real detective work is like, I think I'll keep my day job. Carry on Ckret.

Malfunction? Cutaway and pull silver...you know... that tab on the top of the beer can.

(This post was edited by 377 on Feb 3, 2008, 9:24 PM)

Ok, so is the NWA map a computer generated map using whose data set?

It sure looks like an old DOS plotted map to me! Yes I know its overlayed on a La Center Quadrangle map ...

And what data format would the digitally recorded data have been in? Could it have been transmitted over a telephone line to NWA?

BK wrote:

Except for a couple minor screw-ups, like making it a kidnapping instead of just a highjacking, and messing with Tina.

How could he avoid making it a kidnapping? He needed a cockpit crew. Their presence made it a kidnapping. I don't think Cooper was planning to pilot a 727 and then jump although it's been done.

Watch this:

http://youtu.be/KLnE-OgkyH4

georger

It sure looks like an old DOS plotted map to me! Yes I know its overlayed on a La Center Quadrangle map ...

And what data format would the digitally recorded data have been in? Could it have been transmitted over a telephone line to NWA?

The explanation with the map says positions were obtained from the USAF radar plot. I think that was the "FBI" flightpath plot. There are 2 of the positions plotted(D & E). The adjacent two aren't marked but the flight centerline goes through them and leads off N and S toward the next two points. All precisely as shown on the "FBI" plot.

I have that map and everything Duane told me was right there. I drew the lines on another map I had and it is right there.
Basket Flats (not going to look it up to see if that is the correct name). I just above the Heisson Store and the Heisson store was broke into thru a bathroom window.

Then it is easy to see how Cooper made it out of the area as fast as he did. I am not capable of doing the overlays for a computer and the maps are very large.

I just took the lines and lined them up on a real map and it is ALL there. I did this YEARS ago....with Maps Sluggo gave me and with other maps I acquired. NOTE that Duane was specific in pointing out towers and creeks and trails - maybe he was part of the search crew - HOW unlikely is that?

Oh, Well, just dumb stupid old woman - what do I know? I have told about the China ditch and Matley creek and a cabin there....but this was a couple of days later.

You know the power lines are all there and the pipelines - much of which could be walked thru because they had NOT over grown.

If Cooper made it out of the search zone undected. He was clear and on his way to a phone to arrange a pick up...All he had to get to was towers he had stowed away transmitters so he could contact the others.

The oddest thing Duane said was that at a specific - a tower on a hill that he put something there one time. It was something on that tower at one time...a signal transmitter is how I interperted it but do not remember the words he said. If someone said the words I might come back to me. Locator maybe, but that doesn't sound right.

Hell, none of us know what Weber was capable of - but he knew his way around equipment and CB's, walkie talkies, ham radias and Tower transmitters and power lines and creeks and places of interest in this case. There was NO way this man made up the things he told me and they all come into play with possible ways Cooper escaped. Every one of them are there.

If he made it to Basket Flats there is a creek just east of there. One could walk that creek all the way to places there were jeep trails in 1971. The jeep trails in 1971 connnected to road that cut over to a road that went to Elkhon Mtn and froun there you could make it toa a road that went thru the old Camp Bonneville Reservation and right on down to Ireland. ALL places Duane talked about.

He knew some who lived in Ireland and Ireland was in the cross roads of the power lines. At that point you could go East or west walking under the power lines he chos to go West which put him at Green Mt and then take the South East power line down to Green Mt. which was in walking distance of the 3 fishing cabins and the Old mansion on and remember he said he knew the care taker at the Mansion farms. All of this is where the OLD grave Yard of Rock stood about a hill - The green MT that Jerry claimed did NOT exist.

Maybe in 1945 Duane Weber helped build all of that stuff, but some of it was not there in 1945 to 1949 much of the time that seems to be lost in his history. He was a runaway from a camp - so where did he go.

I am just rambling in my thought tonight and that damn Map you posted Georger I have....I believe it was Sluggo who gave me this map.

Cooper could have been in the area for days hiding here and there in this or that old empty hunting cabin, but always keeping on the move....till he got to LaCames lake. If I was to put the rest of the story together he then made it to the marina thru the land on the other side of the lake and down to the Marina and stole a boat ---- but that story was supposedly with the boys.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Hominid

***Ok, so is the NWA map a computer generated map using whose data set?

The explanation with the map says positions were obtained from the USAF radar plot. I think that was the "FBI" flightpath plot. There are 2 of the positions plotted(D & E). The adjacent two aren't marked but the flight centerline goes through them and leads off N and S toward the next two points. All precisely as shown on the "FBI" plot.

So does 'USAF radar plot' mean data, or a map the USAF had made ???

What form of data would the AF have used? Visual? Numeric?
Any idea?

The term radar plot usually refers to a recorded series of target locations over a period of time. The plot can
be drawn on a map. Plots in the Norjack era were commonly made from PPI radar scope visual info.

No clue how the FBI or USAF prepared their Norjack plot.

georger

So does 'USAF radar plot' mean data, or a map the USAF had made ???

Any idea?

"Plot" generally refers to putting the individual data points on something, such as a preprinted map. The data was numeric, a list of latitudes and longitudes for specific times. The list was likely on that wide "line printer" paper that used to be used around mainframe computers. This is probably what it would be if they used one of the "Q7" computers to do the calcs. This is most likely because the computations would have been repetative. Also, they probably had done the same kind of "track" computations for numerous past incidents. They could just use a program they had already developed. But the list could have been on notebook paper or the like.

NWA would have had people who could do the plot if the airforce had given them the coordinates/times. But I think the airforce would have plotted it themselves. It would not have been the FBI that did it.

Robert, or Mr. Kuwait proxy. that post has nothing to do with you. it's in reference to another suspect. your still viewing the site illegally. plus you lied once again by stating your were no longer going to view the forum. plug away child.

why did you remove the post from my forum in your edit?

here is the post you removed from your last edit. it's about a new suspect. has nothing to do with you, or KC.

you really need to fins another hobby. all you do is piss a moan off topic about things.....
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

RobertMBlevins

******So does 'USAF radar plot' mean data, or a map the USAF had made ???

Any idea?

"Plot" generally refers to putting the individual data points on something, such as a preprinted map. The data was numeric, a list of latitudes and longitudes for specific times. The list was likely on that wide "line printer" paper that used to be used around mainframe computers. This is probably what it would be if they used one of the "Q7" computers to do the calcs. This is most likely because the computations would have been repetative. Also, they probably had done the same kind of "track" computations for numerous past incidents. They could just use a program they had already developed. But the list could have been on notebook paper or the like.

NWA would have had people who could do the plot if the airforce had given them the coordinates/times. But I think the airforce would have plotted it themselves. It would not have been the FBI that did it.

I am almost certain that Paul Soderlind and his team at NWA had a hand in creating the map. Since Soderlind is deceased, you could try finding out who else was on his team at NWA and contacting one of them. Also...try shooting a question about the map to Bruce Kitt at NWA History Museum. He may know some details, if NWA was involved. He may also know who was on Soderlind's team. He's associated with just about everyone and anyone who ever worked with NWA, especially if they were a bigwig in the company.

As far as the new suspect, I may do some checking. Looks like whatever problems Jo had in viewing the alternate site are solved.

Camping Trip: We had a lot of fun. Target shooting, photography, etc. River down below was flooding again, although not too bad. Some roads were covered though, and restricted to one lane of less-deep water. [:/]

The pictures attached of the clearcuts (they are all over the place up there) show why. I was going to post up a picture of yours truly and Greg the Techie Guy target shooting...but some readers here would have whined. That one goes on my blog. ;)

EDIT: Hmm. Let's play 'Guessing Game' for a moment. You try to guess WHO made a hard rule on a website saying 'there will be absolutely NO discussion about Robert Blevins' etc etc ad nauseum...and then posted this on the same site where he made the rule:

'This is a video I made from an NPR interview with Geoffrey Gray. this could go into the flight path, as well as suspects. he describes the flight path being 15 miles wide?. he also tosses the thought out about KC being Cooper. one lone man desperately continues to push KC to the "public" because he can not be taken seriously with Cooper Sleuths and his conclusions. most are proven to be false due to improper, or sloppy work. "Rookie" written all over the investigation...'

Well, he's either talking about Geoff Gray, or he can't follow his own 'Last Warning!' rule. ;)

I have some small advice here. If you're going to pick on me regarding KC, you should play fair and do the same with Geoff Gray. Not only is his best-selling book heavily about Christiansen, but he even begins the book with entries on Christiansen. He's also the first guy to ever publish an article pointing AT Christiansen. Equal time is called for here, without a doubt. Remember that everything we did regarding Christiansen was based first on Gray's original research and his contacts with Skipp Porteous.

Blevins says: I am almost certain that Paul Soderlind and his team at NWA had a hand in creating the map.

Wonnerful a wonnaful.

How?

And now we will hear from the Lemon Systhers!

Take it away .... Sam.

uh one anna two anna . . . .

Ol' man Solderlind,
Dat ol' man Solderlind
He mus'know sumpin'
But don't say nuthin',
He jes'keeps rollin'
He keeps on rollin' along.

He don' plant taters/tators,
He don't plant cotton,
An' dem dat plants'em
is soon forgotten,
But ol'man Solderlind,
He jes keeps rollin'along....

"Well, he's either talking about Geoff Gray, or he can't follow his own 'Last Warning!' rule."

The video (you failed to note) talks about Gray, and him concluding that KC was not Cooper. your name was not mentioned anywhere in that post. it wasn't the "last warning" it was the "Final Warning" about trash talking about other posters. this was important to include, so I did.

I suggest you find something else to do other than coming onto a DB Cooper forum to discuss what hot topics are on the grill down the road. I mean really, you have nothing better to do than play reporter from one forum to another? try talking about DB Cooper. remember him and what this thread was designed for? nothing was said in that post that hasn't been said here. so, what is your point?

Get a grip dude....
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

RobertMBlevins

***Robert, or Mr. Kuwait proxy. that post has nothing to do with you. it's in reference to another suspect. your still viewing the site illegally. plus you lied once again by stating your were no longer going to view the forum. plug away child.

here is the post you removed from your last edit. it's about a new suspect. has nothing to do with you, or KC.

you really need to fins another hobby. all you do is piss a moan off topic about things.....

Now come on...I know better. That wasn't the post I was referring to, and yes...I did screenshot it on the chance you'd try to weasel.

Lighten up. Your discussion forum isn't the DOD secure website or something. It can be seen via your public library, or from any computer besides the one linked to my IP. My point was you made a big deal out of something, ('FINAL WARNING!') and then proceeded to break your own rule. I won't post up the screenshot at DZ. I was going to, but I decided against it.

But we both know what you said. Matters not to me all that much, but you should at least be honest with YOURSELF. ;)

Actually, I thought my last post was mostly about the camping trip and getting hold of Bruce Kitt at NWA for certain answers to particular questions.

Georger says in part:

'Blevins says: I am almost certain that Paul Soderlind and his team at NWA had a hand in creating the map.

Wonnerful a wonnaful.

How?...'

Because I asked about it. Because he was directly involved in the research for the test jump later. Because....(other reasons not mentioned) Figure it out. If it had to do with NWA, and it was critical, you can bet Paul Soderlind had a hand in it. Yeah, yeah. I was the one who mentioned it, so in your mind it must be wrong. LOL.

You have a lot of nerve with the remainder of that post, which I didn't quote over. Soderlind was one hell of a smart guy. I'll bet no one's ever established an educational fund in YOUR name.

Other Soderlind stuff.

Same suggestion: I would contact Bruce Kitt at the NWA Museum and ask if he knows which other members of NWA were on Soderlind's team. Assuming any of them are still living, you could contact one or more of them and ASK if they had a hand in the creation of the flight map. This is not brain surgery and Kitt is available via email. I would do this again myself, but I think it should be second-sourced. On a side note, I contacted Geoff Gray today and asked him his CURRENT opinion on KC. I will post up his reply when it arrives.

Oh. OK! I had no idea you and Houdini were communicating with
Solderlind. My apologies.

Be sure and let us know which "hand" Solderlind used - hand in it - right or left hand. SMART GUYS!

Say hello to Scott for us. He's dead too. SMART GUYS! All dead.

Blevins sees through the veil!

Blevins KNOWS! (more than you do).

ITS TIME TO CALL BOB!

:S

"But we both know what you said. Matters not to me all that much, but you should at least be honest with YOURSELF."

Robert, you have issues dude. I am honest with myself. someone with an IP from Kuwait was on the forum. they left, and your post showed up here? Hmmm. who do you suppose was from Kuwait looking at a site that doesn't show up in searches? or from England, and France. funny when those show up, a post from YOU shows up here? honesty, really? who are you trying to fool with the library nonsense?

I made the rule that nobody makes remarks about YOU. they didn't make that rule. I posted a video with the conclusion of what Gray said about KC. I posted the reference about YOU. it was relevant to the video. the other remarks made in the past were not.

Honesty? how many times have you left the forum, only to return days later. how many times did you say you were not going to my forum anymore, including deleting the shortcut. topping it off with being signed up while stating this. and yet you continue? you use the word LIAR a lot. do you not fit in your own category?

Your rants, and bitterness clog up everything around you. stick to the topic of DB Cooper for once. as Vicki told you. write your little article, make a You Tube video, call CNN. tell them all the injustice happening on my forum. 516 posts. I think 9 of them speak of YOU. two were made specifically towards YOU and halted. tell them all how terrible it is. I can see it now. 3, 4 years from now, you will still be ranting about Cook, because your to chicken to confront him.

MOVE ON.......

RobertMBlevins

***Robert, or Mr. Kuwait proxy. that post has nothing to do with you. it's in reference to another suspect. your still viewing the site illegally. plus you lied once again by stating your were no longer going to view the forum. plug away child.

Now come on...I know better. That wasn't the post I was referring to, and yes...I did screenshot it on the chance you'd try to weasel.

Lighten up. Your discussion forum isn't the DOD secure website or something. It can be seen via your public library, or from any computer besides the one linked to my IP. My point was you made a big deal out of something, ('FINAL WARNING!') and then proceeded to break your own rule. I won't post up the screenshot at DZ. I was going to, but I decided against it.

But we both know what you said. Matters not to me all that much, but you should at least be honest with YOURSELF. ;)

Actually, I thought my last post was mostly about the camping trip and getting hold of Bruce Kitt at NWA for certain answers to particular questions.

Georger says in part:

'Blevins says: I am almost certain that Paul Soderlind and his team at NWA had a hand in creating the map.

Wonnerful a wonnaful.

How?...'

Because I asked about it. Because he was directly involved in the research for the test jump later. Because....(other reasons not mentioned) Figure it out. If it had to do with NWA, and it was critical, you can bet Paul Soderlind had a hand in it. Yeah, yeah. I was the one who mentioned it, so in your mind it must be wrong. LOL.

You have a lot of nerve with the remainder of that post, which I didn't quote over. Soderlind was one hell of a smart guy. I'll bet no one's ever established an educational fund in YOUR name.

Other Soderlind stuff.

Same suggestion: I would contact Bruce Kitt at the NWA Museum and ask if he knows which other members of NWA were on Soderlind's team. Assuming any of them are still living, you could contact one or more of them and ASK if they had a hand in the creation of the flight map. This is not brain surgery and Kitt is available via email. I would do this again myself, but I think it should be second-sourced. On a side note, I contacted Geoff Gray today and asked him his CURRENT opinion on KC. I will post up his reply when it arrives.

Hey! Did Noah and the Arc actually hit an iceberg?

You can tell us!

Ask Danielle 1010 through your contact at Houdini.com.
:S

Robert, I'm not afraid of you. what do you know about the public? did they all call you complaining? how did you know about the settings, where you at the library again? it's a setting turned off and on. it was turned on from your last attempt of intruding. (Kuwait IP)

You were banned March 5, 2014. it's now April 1, 2014. accept it and move on. you keep giving examples of why it happened. stalking comes to mind. your only purpose is to disrupt. this thread is about DB Cooper, not about what happens on other forums.

This will be my last comment to you about this. you seem to enjoy clogging up forums.

What a mess. I have been busy with important things & old friends, but you guys have your hand full with Blevins. His postings are so damn boring & repetitive, he has driven everyone away...including me.

The guys working on the landing zone the last time I read the posting over there was really good. I do NOT agree with all of it but, at least it is an intelligent conversation without all of the prostelizing of an UNLIKELY suspect.

Jo Weber was open to seeing resolutions in this case...but, now I have officially been informed that the truth, NO ONE ever will know.

Today was a bitter sweet - AND no one will ever know the REAL truth about Cooper.

Saying good bye to an old friend is hard to do. I have 2 more tests & if those are CLEAN - I am hitting the road. Wish I had the nerve to sell everything & live out of an RV pulling a small vehicle and just go to all the places I want & places I have been.

I am not able to do that alone - ANY takers out there who want to do the same thing and just see the world until time comes to an end? Must be financially sound and not have heavy family ties. To just go where the wind takes us.

Just live each day to the fullest and not look back, but have each other to depend on till it is time to leave for a better place.

Yea, I am a sentimental jerk, but tired of being alone and tired of fighting this endless battle - especially with the propagators of myths such as Blevins.
Wasted a lot of good yrs trying to make the truth known. The real truth is something you guys will never know - and you can take that to the bank.

Our government has kept many secrets. NOT just about Cooper, but other things linked to Cooper.... The real truth is buried because it has to stay buried....as the truth would only open up things that can never be revealed. Not only is the truth buried, but any files pertaining to the backgrounds and activities of certain individuals have been destroyed.

Blevins time to move on - Kenny was NOT Cooper.

One might hope there are clues left that where hidden. I stupidly revealed locations of clues & they were found & destroyed. One person involved in this chase from the time I became public - made sure NOTHING survived.

NONE of U will ever know or believe the truth! There was only ONE Cooper & he will remain an unknown till the end of time.

How appropriate today was for the Cooper Story. Write all the books you want and spend you life searching for anwers - but, no evidence remains and the "witness" cannot help you so leave them alone! What they had to say & what the FBI made public is ALL you will ever know!

"...On the other hand, I tend to be a bit more fair. Here's an example: Why don't you drop a message on Galen Cook, possibly even Bruce Smith: I will give them 30 days to decide whether they want to put up or shut up at the August event. I will make sure they get thirty minutes onstage and if they have slides or a short film to present on DVD for the big screen, I will sit up in the booth and show the film, or provide the slide projector for their use. Bruce can discuss his book, his investigation, his results, I suppose. Cook can tell everyone why he believes the hijacker was Gossett. It will be SRO, I guarantee it...."

Robert, I gather from this offer that you have rescinded your prohibition on me sharing Cooper info at the 2014 Auburn event.

True?

How do you suggest that I communicate with you about this possibility? As I understand from your last email to me, you are blocking my emails to you.

I also seem to remember something about the Auburn cops getting warned about me and that pictures of me were being circulated to all the security staff and LE at the event in order to apprehend me, or at least keep tabs on me. I forget the reason, but has this situation also been resolved?

You tell your ridiculous stories anywhere about the witnesses or your projections about their mental health you are going to end up in JAIL....fair warning! Jail food is NOT good for you health & the process to cease and decease has already started.

skyjack71

You tell your ridiculous stories anywhere about the witnesses or your projections about their mental health you are going to end up in JAIL....fair warning! Jail food is NOT good for you health & the process to cease and decease has already started.

Actually, if the allegation is proven, it is a civil matter. Not usually a jail time kind of thing, a money thing at best.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

RobertMBlevins

"...On the other hand, I tend to be a bit more fair. Here's an example: Why don't you drop a message on Galen Cook, possibly even Bruce Smith: I will give them 30 days to decide whether they want to put up or shut up at the August event. I will make sure they get thirty minutes onstage and if they have slides or a short film to present on DVD for the big screen, I will sit up in the booth and show the film, or provide the slide projector for their use. Bruce can discuss his book, his investigation, his results, I suppose. Cook can tell everyone why he believes the hijacker was Gossett. It will be SRO, I guarantee it...."

Robert, I gather from this offer that you have rescinded your prohibition on me sharing Cooper info at the 2014 Auburn event.

True?

How do you suggest that I communicate with you about this possibility? As I understand from your last email to me, you are blocking my emails to you.

I also seem to remember something about the Auburn cops getting warned about me and that pictures of me were being circulated to all the security staff and LE at the event in order to apprehend me, or at least keep tabs on me. I forget the reason, but has this situation also been resolved?

First off, I've never blocked your email or PM's. I could check, but I'm pretty sure on that. I think the only person I ever blocked was BK. And the first time I offered you a speaking slot at the theater (a couple of months ago I believe) you said no.

(EDIT: Truth is, I can't remember for sure if I did offer. I thought I did, at the time I offered to assist you in setting up that Kindle Publishing account for your book, but I could be wrong.)

The time your pic was supposed to be circulated, we had death threats coming into City Hall from a pay phone. Two of them. No one knew who did it, although your name came up when the festival director asked me at our next committee meeting. I didn't know what to say, I was pretty shocked when she told me about the calls. The reason I was at a loss was because at that time I hardly knew anyone investigating the case, or fans of the case, and I was not yet educated about Cooperland. No one had contacted me previously except legit media, such as KIRO radio, a radio station in Wyoming, and a few others I knew. You were the only one who approached me in a slightly phony manner, and your later 'interview' (which only appeared at Dropzone) also contained references showing your displeasure because I wouldn't (at that time) reveal the names of the witnesses. As it turned out, I never actually bothered with your picture or even your name, except for mentioning it to the festival director. I did carry ONE picture of you in my back pocket, but that was just so I'd know who you were if you showed up. LOL...then I was going to take you aside and scold you for the 'interview' thing. As far as how it went, they just put a cop in the lobby because of the phone calls and nothing happened anyway. No one was looking for you specifically except me.

(EDIT: After I met you at Ariel a few months later, I figured out pretty quick you weren't the one who made the calls. I just didn't see that behavior in your personality. I also talked to the festival director later and told her the same thing.)

You can email me with your proposal, i.e. what you wish to present and I'll be happy to give you an answer. I don't have any real problem with you speaking, but like the other authors you should submit a short proposal on what your subject is about. (Most are saying, 'my latest book,' or similar) I think anything else on this we should discuss privately, not at Dropzone. But...think about it before you commit. Thirty minutes to fill is longer than you think. Don't commit if you are not going to show up prepared. If you don't need the whole thirty, you can go fifteen instead, but the speaking schedule will be organized beforehand because we have to print up programs showing times/names etc.

Side Note: I haven't seen Vicki on here lately, but if you see her on the other site, send her my congrats on the nice ring and her upcoming wedding. That's pretty nice, I'll admit. The staff of AB sends their best.

EDIT: I just checked my Gmail settings. Four filters (blocks) in place. None of them are you, or anyone else in Cooperland for that matter. One is a guy I used to know. The other three are persistent spammers.

Oh the Draaaaaaaaaaaahma of it all! Spooks lose at nonCooper
events threatening Bleeeeeeeeeeeeh vins in Awwwwwwwwww
burn Washing. Ton. Secret death threats from pay phones!
Blevins isn't clear - were the threats against him or Iotolah
Cheknee Canoe? Or Goiter Hempoop!? Is Blevins now going armed
with his .45? Is Danielle1010 involved? Lindsay Lohan? It's bigger
than you or me - bigger than a breadbox! Cryptid in Auburn!
It's time to call Bob! Cautions@ dont take Blevins while driving.
All other drug precautions known to Mankind apply . . .

DRAAAAAAAAAAAH MA
DRAAAAAAAAAAAH MA

Civil War Lyrics Dixie by Daniel Decatur Emmett | Civil War Music

I wish I was in the land of cotton,
Old times there are not forgotten;
Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land.
In Dixie’s Land where I was born in,
Early on one frosty mornin,

I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!
In Dixie’s Land I’ll take my stand
to live and die in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south ...
in Dixie.

Frankly Scarlet.
I don't give a damn!

RobertMBlevins

After reading Georger's latest post...

I don't want to hear a single thing anymore from anyone about 'wasting bandwidth'. :S

You'll be sure to fill us in again on how you came to post here, or be considered a serious researcher on the Cooper case...

*Waits for Georger to modify his post out of embarrassment*

Oh. You already did. Here's the original:

Oh the Draaaaaaaaaaaahma of it all! Spooks lose at nonCooper events threatening Bleeeeeeeeeeeeh vins in Awwwwwwwwww
burn Washing. Ton. Secret death threats from pay phones!
Blevins isn't clear - were the threats against him or Iotolah
Sheknee Kanoe?

DRAAAAAAAAAAAH MA
DRAAAAAAAAAAAH MA

Civil War Lyrics Dixie by Daniel Decatur Emmett | Civil War Music

Civil War Lyrics & Civil War Music Index - Click Here

Click Photo for More Information
* Email
* Confirm Email
* = Required Field

Email Marketing You Can Trust

Advertise On Our Site

Subscribe to Our

"Civil War Heritage Trails"

e-Newsletter

Honor Your Ancestors and Help Tell Their Story
Follow Me on Pinterest

Like This “Dixie's Land” Page

We Will Never Share Your Information!

Unsubscribe Easily.

Dixie’s Land

As performed by the 2nd South Carolina String Band

Southern Soldier: Favorite Campfire Songs of the Civil War

Loved by many, despised by others, “Dixie” is still among the most recognizable of all American songs. Ironically, it was written by a Northerner, Daniel Decatur Emmett. Bryant’s (blackface) Minstrels premiered it in New York City on April 4, 1859. “I Wish I Was in Dixie’s Land” was an instant hit, and its popularity spread quickly. By 1860 it was especially enjoyed in Southern states and soon also among Confederate army bands. However, many Union bands also played Dixie during the war, or versions of it, and President Lincoln included Dixie among his favorites.

I wish I was in the land of cotton,
Old times there are not forgotten;
In Dixie’s Land where I was born in,
Early on one frosty mornin,

I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!
In Dixie’s Land I’ll take my stand
to live and die in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south ...
in Dixie.

Frankly Scarlet.
I don't give a damn!

Your draaaaaaaaaaaaaaamah is over whelm ing.

Play it again Sam, in 2-4 time.

DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MA!

Robert

I don't want to hear a single thing anymore from anyone about 'wasting bandwidth'.

I'm sure at the beginning of this thread, it was started with the best intentions.

But take a deep breath try and look at the last X number of pages objectively and I hope you can see that the DB Cooper thread has turned into a train wreck.

Not my place to say that its a waste of bandwidth, but now it is what it is. [:/]
One Jump Wonder

skyjack71

At least my rent would be paid for.

I have a question for you - in case of my incarceration, do I still receive my social security check?