47 47
quade

DB Cooper

And you have to wonder about that, since the only reason this would ever go to court would be an attorney's dream of the entertainment and publicity to be gained from being surrounded by media on the courthouse steps. This isn't Whitey Bulger stuff. No one's going to prison. But that's just my take on it. I could be wrong.

Can you imagine if Vince Bugliosi defended an accused Cooper? Besides being a formidable prosecutor and razor sharp defense lawyer he is a very talented author. Read The Sea Will Tell or Helter Skelter. I'd love to read a Bugliosi book on Norjack. It would be a masterpiece.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

RobertMBlevins

And the Cooper comic was NOT printed in '17 different languages,' no matter how you try to dance around it using 'maybe it was anime' or something. On the comic, I think linking it to a specific suspect would be more helpful.

Robert, you are a legend in your own mind. You mistake me for someone who cares about your suspect. I don't - however - I also have never said anything about a "pack of lies". Yes, I said your work is inaccurate and therefore lacks credibility. I personally think it is just sloppy work of people who are poster children for confirmation bias. You people find something that you can nebulously connect to your suspect, that's where you stop.

I have no clue what you are talking about with the anime - I NEVER tried to say the comics were anime. You did. You also said that it was distributed 99.9% in the French language.
Frankly, once again, you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Robert, the larger point was that it was available in more than the French language. It was. And that it was not widely available in Canada. It wasn't. It is assumed that the comic was the source of the name. While it might be a fun trivia point, that also has never been proved.

If you took the time you could probably find these things out for yourself. Hint, Robert, Google is wonderful, but have you ever tried a library? Wonderful places where you can find a lots of stuff. Especially in university libraries. They have all kinds of obscure stuff.
As it is, like I told you in the PM, I have found copies of 11 different languages (including French). The rest might be in the dump heap of history or they could be out there too. But I don't need copies. I have other historical documentation that mentions this. I met your challenge to produce an example that the comic was produced in a language other than French. You, on the other hand, have proved nothing. :)
In closing on this topic, Robert, you are welcome to believe what you will.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

***And you have to wonder about that, since the only reason this would ever go to court would be an attorney's dream of the entertainment and publicity to be gained from being surrounded by media on the courthouse steps. This isn't Whitey Bulger stuff. No one's going to prison. But that's just my take on it. I could be wrong.

Can you imagine if Vince Bugliosi defended an accused Cooper? Besides being a formidable prosecutor and razor sharp defense lawyer he is a very talented author. Read The Sea Will Tell or Helter Skelter. I'd love to read a Bugliosi book on Norjack. It would be a masterpiece.

I've read both and I agree.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

RobertMBlevins

I don't assume there is a conspiracy.

When people use a phrase such as, "But the people now sitting on the tape are going to remain silent" it implies several things, but mostly a conspiracy to hide something.

I am not optimistic about the case ever being "solved," nor is that something I particularly care one way or the other about.

There are a number of parties though who are in the DB Cooper cottage industry who say they want it solved, but in reality don't really because it would mean the end to their little business of speculation of conspiracies books and once a year semi-fame of speaking in front of people.

I am pretty much anything but that.

lol....Or it would mean that we finally have to get a life......

I think your assessment is spot on. I'm conflicted. Part of me wants to know, the other part likes the wondering.

As to it ever being solved...I doubt seriously that it will solved - especially to the satisfaction of all - unless they are holding something back that they are not telling us.
And you have to wonder about that, since the only reason this would ever go to court would be an attorney's dream of the entertainment and publicity to be gained from being surrounded by media on the courthouse steps. This isn't Whitey Bulger stuff. No one's going to prison. But that's just my take on it. I could be wrong.

I've actually researched this question with three different prosecutors, including former ADA from the Decoded show Scott Rolle. All of them had the same opinion.

Due to the John Doe warrant restricting itself to the hijacker, it is extremely unlikely anyone except Cooper himself could face prosecution today. That warrant was an end-around the law as it existed at the time of the hijacking: Five year Statute of Limitations on air piracy. That has since been changed, of course. I imagine the Federal judge who issued that warrant was reluctant to side-step the statute, but somehow was convinced to go ahead and do it anyway. It could be used as a defense in any case brought that involved possible accomplice(s) to the hijacking. One exception is when the hijacker forces the flight to leave the country, which is seen as a 'toll' on the statute because you are basically fleeing at the same time to avoid prosecution. It's complicated. :)377 knows more about this stuff than I do.

Regardless, at this late date, the warrant is merely a technical instrument of law. Short of someone coming in with a twenty and confessing, and maybe even with that, I just don't see the case ever being prosecuted successfully, and any prosecutor who seeks an indictment would likely be doing it for the 15 mins of fame it would bring. And would promptly be eaten alive by one of the hundreds of defense attorneys who would salivate at the thought of defending DB. :D

smokin99

******And you have to wonder about that, since the only reason this would ever go to court would be an attorney's dream of the entertainment and publicity to be gained from being surrounded by media on the courthouse steps. This isn't Whitey Bulger stuff. No one's going to prison. But that's just my take on it. I could be wrong.

I've read both and I agree.

Interesting that you mention this, 377. I had thought the exact same thing many times. In addition to those books, there is Bugliosi's 1600 page book on the John F. Kennedy assassination where he addresses nearly all of the conspiracy theories and dedicates a whole chapter on the artistic license taken by the movie JFK (basically large parts of that movie were simply made up). He also wrote a very quick but good read on the O.J. Simpson murder trial. Before his book, media consensus was that the prosecution did a good job, but the defense was better. His book kind of altered public perception to the viewpoint that the prosecution botched the case.

If he wrote a book analyzing all of the Cooper suspects, we'd spend a lot less time going over all the same nonsense. However, he's now at least 75 years old, so that's probably not a possibility.

Quade wrote

I am not optimistic about the case ever being "solved," nor is that something I particularly care one way or the other about.

Q doesn't care? Really?

I expected more passion even from the "worlds most boring skydiver". ;)

I care way too much as evidenced by my purchase of a Cooper twenty and my repeated efforts to make it talk.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Robert, you really need to stop the argument about Bruce. I think you fail to understand that people are trying to avoid you personally. why in the world would someone take any advice from you, or an offer of a better format?

It's the same old thing here. you constantly disrupt the forum with ramblings of various topics that most of the time end up with you being wrong. then you decide to show PM's between you and Bruce. should I now show 10 or 15 PM's of people speaking out about you?

Since you are so concerned about Bruce I'll let you in on a secret. I already brought up an option for Bruce. this was before your expert opinion came around (*laughs*) he was pleased with what I offered. so in conclusion I don't think anyone really cares what you have to offer.

you refer to lots of other people when the word "a pack of lies" is used. then you throw it back at people that never said it in the first place. I believe I stated that several of the people talking about KC have credibility issues because they were not being truthful in everything they said. you have a one sided story. this has been explained to you. I am going through that very same problem of a bunch of people claiming I did something against the law. it's taking me considerable time to repair what these people claimed. you can't take a story of a bunch of people no matter how convincing and use it without hearing both sides of the story. this link could happen to any of you if a group of people tell a story.

http://www.daviepolice.org/
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

RobertMBlevins

Saw this elsewhere:

'brucesmith49 says:

February 23, 2014 at 5:18 am

I have received a posting request from Blevs. Although I have told him that I expect an apology from him for his behavior towards me and others before I would allow him unfetterd access to this discussion, I thought I would post his comments here in his name as a service to all...'

(The blog format didn't seem to be working for Bruce, so I told him if they wanted a free place to post, I had a forum already set up and running with WYSIWYG editing and full insertion capability. He follows the above with some idiotic 'Bobby B' comment. I have absolutely NO interest in making posts to Wordpress blogs, not even my own.)

Apology? Don't hold your breath. Not happening. And it's not 'Blevs' or 'Bobby B', thank you.

Are you seriously going to keep going to that other site and posting comments from there? Especially one that you perceive as critical of you? Give it a rest.

The blog format works fine for what it is, they just want to have the capability of more options. But with all the animosity between you and other posters, why would it enter your mind that those posters would participate in something that would lead traffic to your website? A forum that you ultimately would have control of. You say that you won't be posting there but you also said you were leaving here and how long did that last?

Robert, there's room on the world wide web for another forum about DB. It will either be successful or it won't. Why worry about it? Just give it a rest.

RobertMBlevins

Saw this elsewhere:

'brucesmith49 says:

February 23, 2014 at 5:18 am

I have received a posting request from Blevs. Although I have told him that I expect an apology from him for his behavior towards me and others before I would allow him unfetterd access to this discussion, I thought I would post his comments here in his name as a service to all...'

(The blog format didn't seem to be working for Bruce, so I told him if they wanted a free place to post, I had a forum already set up and running with WYSIWYG editing and full insertion capability. He follows the above with some idiotic 'Bobby B' comment. I have absolutely NO interest in making posts to Wordpress blogs, not even my own.)

Apology? Don't hold your breath. Not happening. And it's not 'Blevs' or 'Bobby B', thank you.

Are you seriously going to keep going to that other site and posting comments from there? Especially one that you perceive as critical of you? Give it a rest.

The blog format works fine for what it is, they just want to have the capability of more options. But with all the animosity between you and other posters, why would it enter your mind that those posters would participate in something that would lead traffic to your website? A forum that you ultimately would have control of. You say that you won't be posting there but you also said you were leaving here and how long did that last?

Robert, there's room on the world wide web for another forum about DB. It will either be successful or it won't. Why worry about it? Just give it a rest.

It wasn't about his blog. It was about HIS COMMENTS. I couldn't care less who posts what where and how they do it. This guy wants an apology? He spun me into an interview by lying and saying the interview was for a newspaper. Then...he posts the 'interview' at Dropzone, which was the only place it appeared...and got pissed off because I wouldn't tell him the true names of the witnesses. Then when he DOES interview people, he says bad things about them, personal things, when he doesn't get what he feels he deserves from the people he interviewed?

Are you defending this stuff? You think it is GOOD? Just wondering. You can tell him that for me if you wish.

If you guys are serious, why don't you quit spinning your wheels and just sign up for a free site at Webs dot com. They have built in forums you can set up in minutes. August will be ten years they've been hosting AB. Trust me, they're easy, they are no problem, and for five bucks a month and twenty a year you can even have your own domain and a premium site.

Whatever Robert. I'm quite sure that folks that are running the blog can google forum sites as good as you can and figure it out for themselves.
I'm not getting involved in your obsessions. Like I said - the best advice I can give you is to quit worrying about other sites or COMMENTS from other sites.
It is as easy as not going there.

RobertMBlevins

BS. It's not like he's going to let me defend myself against his one-sided comments, is he? So...when he comes back, he can just see them HERE. I think that's plenty fair, since we all know he will be back at some point.

Defending someone you know is wrong, and sucking up to them at the same time shows a lack of backbone and a loss of moral character. It's a trade-off. At least I call it like I see it.

As i said, Robert, I am not getting involved in your obsession. Yes, you are a venom magnet, but you bring a lot of that on yourself. And in the areas of being rude and confrontational, you have given as good as you have gotten in dealing with other people.
And finally, Robert, you don't know me well enough to determine my motives, my backbone, or my character.

It's his call, but I can only hope that Quade does not allow you to continue your obsessive fights with others by proxy posting of comments from other sites. It's ridiculous.

Robert, I'm aware of the free sites. you don't have a clue of my intentions, or where Bruce stands. there is "no spinning wheels" just more of your false logic.

This has nothing to do with DZ. I told you once before that people are obviously trying to avoid you along with problems just like this. I've grown tired of the constant back and forth with you. people talk and discuss the case on the other site. you wish to continue the battle even if it doesn't involve this site. whether it's right or wrong isn't an arguable point at this time. I would like to go to a site that doesn't have to deal with what we are discussing now. I don't think you are a bad guy, but it's obvious that personalities are clashing. I'm not speaking for everyone either. others can't come back here. there is no reason why the two sites can't co-exist.

some people probably enjoy the drama on here. I for one don't. I have no problem coming on here when real conversations occur, but I come back and see this. along with long comments about KC that you were quoted many times wishing it wasn't discussed? it's never ending. it is what it is. I don't have time to go a page and a half over this either. say what ever you wish. my plate is full at this time.

Good Day...
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

RobertMBlevins

******BS. It's not like he's going to let me defend myself against his one-sided comments, is he? So...when he comes back, he can just see them HERE. I think that's plenty fair, since we all know he will be back at some point.

Defending someone you know is wrong, and sucking up to them at the same time shows a lack of backbone and a loss of moral character. It's a trade-off. At least I call it like I see it.

As i said, Robert, I am not getting involved in your obsession. Yes, you are a venom magnet, but you bring a lot of that on yourself. And in the areas of being rude and confrontational, you have given as good as you have gotten in dealing with other people.
And finally, Robert, you don't know me well enough to determine my motives, my backbone, or my character.

It's his call, but I can only hope that Quade does not allow you to continue your obsessive fights with others by proxy posting of comments from other sites. It's ridiculous.

I'm not 'obsessed' by pointing out facts. Ignoring them is a personal decision you make on your own. You chose to do that. And if you aren't concerned, why do you reply? Why do you hint about having the moderator step in? A few minor quotes that aren't that bad, kind of rude on Bruce's part considering, but not TOO bad...and you start hinting about moderators.

You want to moderate something more realistic? How about this: How about if I take a pair of PDF's with more than SIX HUNDRED filthy-ass comments posted with identical names to many of the more famous posters at Dropzone...and make them a free download at AB?

See...now that would be obsessive perhaps. But also quite fair. A bit mean perhaps, but still fair. I'm a big believer in people facing up to public personas when they have two and the two don't match.

Kind of like celebrity mags do...:)
Don't worry. They're so bad and the names are so familiar that I couldn't stand having them on my website.

lol...I had you pegged at 8 posts before you would bring that up. For someone that can't stand them, you sure do bring them up again and again and again ad nauseum. I honestly don't care what you do with them because I ignore stupid internet filth.

Robert, you are the one that quotes comments from other sites saying they are bad, not me. You are the one that keeps bringing up your filthy pdfs over and over and over again, not me. You are the one that can't see that you might be part of the problem.

The main reason I mention moderator is because you have already been a direct cause of people leaving this forum voluntarily. I know this because people have told me this. Your continued obsession with comments from other sites will run at least one more off. I enjoy coming here and I don't think that you should be allowed to hijack the forum for personal reasons. But that's just me.

And that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

RobertMBlevins

lol...I had you pegged at 8 posts before you would bring that up. For someone that can't stand them, you sure do bring them up again and again and again ad nauseum. I honestly don't care what you do with them because I ignore stupid internet filth.

Robert, you are the one that quotes comments from other sites saying they are bad, not me. You are the one that keeps bringing up your filthy pdfs over and over and over again, not me. You are the one that can't see that you might be part of the problem.

The main reason I mention moderator is because you have already been a direct cause of people leaving this forum voluntarily. I know this because people have told me this. Your continued obsession with comments from other sites will run at least one more off. I enjoy coming here and I don't think that you should be allowed to hijack the forum for personal reasons. But that's just me.

And that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

I don't 'make people leave this forum voluntarily'. That's just an excuse they use. Maybe they get bored. Maybe they get banned. I pointed out the PDF's back there for one really good reason:

It shows EXACTLY where the problem lies with some folks around here. There is no spin possible for this, and when the same people who are whining HERE about Robert, etc spend months making all those comments, then how do you justify that?

I ignore internet filth as well, but here's the problem: It isn't anonymous, general-category filth. It's filth that was created by the same people who are doing the whining right now. People whose posts you answer all the time. They are known to you. That is the difference.

You'll have to explain to me how you can justify their actions on that...and then nod your head and commiserate with them on how bad Blevins is...LOL. Tough job, I would say. Time to do a morals check, my friend. ;)

No Robert, these are not necessarily people from another site who have been banned. These are people that got tired of your posts. How do I know they left because of you - because they told me so.

Robert, no you do not ignore internet filth. Anyone else would have let the site owner know and had them requested to take down. You on the other hand, copied them all to a PDF so that you could read and talk about them over and over and over again. Oh yeah, and every once in a while threaten to re-post them for some asinine reason. You make a lot of accusations but to my knowledge you haven't proven a single one. As we have seen from inaccurate stuff about Kenny that you put out before all facts are in, you have not garnered much faith in your ability to prove something.

So, Robert, my friend, my morals check says that I believe people are innocent until proven guilty. But that's just mine. I can't speak to yours.

RobertMBlevins

Well...I suppose I could make the PDF's available...after adding some notes to them so that readers could better understand the true identities of these folks. You know. So they could have someone to blame for being shocked so badly.

Of course, I would be a real jerk to do that, wouldn't I?

You understand that many of the same people you listened to who said 'Blevins made me leave' (funny) are the same people who made those comments...and that it took months of work for them to do so? Maybe they didn't leave because of me. Maybe they left because they were busy elsewhere. (*laughs*)

Let's face it. You don't have a single moral leg to stand on here. Not one. Now you say you want me to 'prove' something regarding the PDF's? This isn't a DB Cooper thing. You are asking for something here that's reletively easy to do, and to a certain extent...has already been done by people like Mullenberg (probably one of his minions, not he personally), Greg our techie guy, and others.

You can tell folks to relax. I would be a real shit to make their garbage public. And I would never do it. That would make me just as low as the people here who thought up that sick shit, and spent months doing it.

But the point is this:

When THEY do THAT, they give up any right to their minor little whining complaints on how 'Blevins drove me away'.

There is no way for them to reconcile that behavior and then whine about me afterward. It's kind of like Larry Flynt of Hustler magazine whining that he quit reading Playboy because the centerfold pictures were too risque. It makes absolutely no sense. You can't have it both ways. If you're going to post at DZ respectfully, and position yourself as a legit Cooper Fan, and then be dumb enough to use your same username on stuff like what appeared in those articles, then you deserve no respect. Or any consideration. And certainly your whining priveleges about 'Blevins' are rescinded. Speaking of whining, this is my favorite example of some really GOOD whining...B|

Robert - reading comp 101. Read my posts, dear. Then comprehend. Then you can talk to yourself. :)
Robert, I did not ask you to prove anything. I said that you haven't proven anything. There is a difference.

I do not care what you do with the pdfs. You can post them to your website or paste them to your wall. I am not concerned with filthy internet comments that were made several years ago which, for some strange reason, you will not let go. I'm not concerned with filthy internet comments made to a blog. I ignore that kind of filthy parody stuff and don't frequent the website if I know it's there.

I have no one to tell to relax because I don't know who you are talking about - and Robert, I don't care. It's long over. Let it go. These kinds of things will just make you go crazy if you obsess on them. Put them in the dung heap of history. No one else wants to hear about it over and over and over again.

And finally, you do not know who I am referring to when I say people left because of you. I did not say you made them leave. I said they left because of you. There is a difference. :)

RobertMBlevins

I would say that both of us have our points regarding this issue, which was not years ago, but fairly recently.
And really, I don't care what this or that person used as a reason why they decided to leave. Messages I receive about this thread are somewhat different. I mean the ones from the folks who view this thread but seldom post: The Public. And what they say is decidedly different. They don't blame me, they blame the Alice in Wonderland comments, the constant bickering.

It's probably time to move on to something else...

Yes it is. You have been posting about the filthy comments since at least Feb of 2012. Don't know about you, but my calendar says that is years. It is past time to move on.

And I know you don't care, but sometimes I wish you could see yourself as others see you on this forum. oh well. I'm done with this.

propblast

When the skydivers talk about jumping.

Or when the whiffs talk about the caper.

It's never fun ( or informative )when everyone is BSing about each other.

You're absolutely right. What can I say - sometimes you just have to call someone on their BS and then it always turns into a yip yap back and forth.
Guilty as charged but I just could not hold back when someone is actually going out and getting comments from another blog to bring in here to bitch about. I forgot to switch back to my ignore mode.

So you got anything fun to share about jumping or the caper? :)

You know what I'm going to say if I meet Bernie
Me: can you talk to me
Bernie: what can I talk to you about
Me: You can start by opening that fucking dumbass mouth on that fucking face then you can admit to everything you have fucking lied about foss tugs the house the loan saying you hardly knew Kenny and though he was a fucking dishwasher.
Bernie: I really don't care
Me: and I really don't care for the way you've been fucking lying you went on tv and said Kenny could be the hijacker when you were him over the week of the hijacking and your an old fucking piece of shit liar admit your were the fucking accomplice right fucking now

Danielle1010

Me: You can start by opening that fucking dumbass mouth on that fucking face then you can admit to everything you have fucking lied about foss tugs the house the loan saying you hardly knew Kenny and though he was a fucking dishwasher.
Me: and I really don't care for the way you've been fucking lying you went on tv and said Kenny could be the hijacker when you were him over the week of the hijacking and your an old fucking piece of shit liar admit your were the fucking accomplice right fucking now

Yes. I'm certain that IS the way to get somebody to open up to you.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Danielle1010

But, at the end of the day, do we really know that KC and Bernie were together that weekend? For someone to remember who was at Thanksgiving dinner in 1971 would require Jo Weber like memory. I couldn't tell you what members of my family were at Thanksgiving dinner more than a couple of years ago. To be able to recall that, this many years later, to me is a big stretch.

Also, if Geestman had anything to do with the hijacking, I doubt very seriously that he would agree to go on a TV show and talk about the hijacking and I doubt even more that he would say that KC could be the hijacker.

Also, if they were together that weekend, I doubt Geestman remembers it. How can you expect anyone to remember who they were with on a particular day over 40 years ago. So, just because he says Kenny could be the hijacker, that isn't an admission of guilt.

Also, Cooper had brown eyes. Kenny did not.

Nothing against Blevins here. I choose not to participate in any negativity and i think he is sincere in his beliefs. But, Kenny Christiansen just isn't a good suspect.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider