47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I am beginning to despise you. Why can't you just ignore Georger - he is saying what all of us are thinking.

You ARE so obcessed you cannot even be logical. KENNEY was never a suspect - just in your mind and in your book. Even the FBI did NOT put any credence into your story. YOU are here to SELL Kenny NOT to truely investigate him. Don't you get it?

Yes, everyone finds that offensive and Georger especially. NOTE he does NOT attack me the way he does you.
He realizes I do try to be rational about Weber, but that I have reasons to think he was Cooper. My reasons do NOT make Weber Cooper, but he was truely a suspect and that is far more than KC will ever be.

All you do is SELL SELL SELL SELL and even I am tired of it. And YOU repeat and repeat and repeat.....bark and bark and bark - the Dog thing went RIGHT over your head!

At least I do INTRODUCE something different and changing ideas of Cooper. You take an innocent man who never committed a crime in his life and try to make him into a criminal in your book and you have ZERO!

Kenny never stole anything in his life!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Put these men in chutes and you might put Weber in a chute - families Duane knew in the WA area.
These guys I believe are all deceased.

Benjamin Richards
Phil Harris SR
xxxx Pennington
A Bafus
F Bafus
H Bafus
Dan WARD - friends of the family
There is a name of a woman that keeps bugging me Alice Knutsen and her husband was Duane

None of these people are alive, but they lived in places Duane told me about and showed me and claimed he knew very well.

Phil Harris SR was a jumper - forestry or other wise I do not know - he was still alive in 1980

Pennington I do not have a 1st name for but was a jumper who moved to the East Coast later in life - he to would be deceased.

Alice Knutsen - I have NOT been able to let go of that one. I want to know her age when born and the circumstances of her death and who her husband was.

Benjamin Richards is very very important....WHO WAS HE & what did he do.

I am revisiting some of my old research hoping I can finish this -

Who were the Boys he workd on the VOR with? THAT ONE IS VERY IMPORTANT. Who built it and when and is there anyway to trace the work crews.

Who put the microwave towers up in Washougal and other locations.

I would love to be able to go to Washington and to walk in these areas and see old pictures of the families who live and died there. There has to be archived pics of these people some place.

What was the name of the caretake for the ledbetter farm and what was his back ground. The man who built the air stip there what was his name.

I tried so hard to get these things on line but no way. I would take weeks of traveling in an RV - but I would love to do it, If I died in WA that would be ok also. I just want to know the truth and that is it. He had a life in WA and I want to know what that life was.

It has been too many yrs for anyone to be alive that actually knew him. I keep hoping I will find pictures of him but I hardly know what he looked like as a young man. I want to find that grave and find out who was buried there. There is another cemetary he didn't take me to - I hope it is still there I want to know the families and the individuals buried there. It was off of Coffin Rd....probably a small family plot - and to find out if it has been moved.

I want to go back to the grave yard East of Washougal.

I want to dig into the archives of the area - there has to be traces some place and I know there is a trace in Puyallup and Spokane and Coure 'alene. Then above that on THE WA side is a museum - so many places I want to find the foot prints of this gentle criminal I fell in love with yrs ago - it would take a life time and I don't have a life time to find out all that I would like to know about him.

I know I can't go back, but that does NOT keep me from wanting to - I would not want to leave. It was a place that made him smile it was a place of good memories. For whatever harm he caused other he did try to be a good boy...his heart was there,, but not the discipline.

In the end he was the GOOD boy him mama always thought would survive. I think she would have been proud of what he accomplished in those few short yrs after he got it ALL together.

Got to go CRYING to hard.

Norton wasn't jumping in 1971, he may have been in jail. He took a rap for the Hells Angels and did some time but was later pardoned by the Governor.
I never met "Norton" his nick name from the "Angels"...he rode a Norton motorcycle...but I ran a dropzone with Steve Haley in the early 90's and know a few things about Robert Thomas...can't remember his middle name but I'll ask Steve today...he's mentioned it but I can't remember...oldtimers I guess.

Here are a couple of links to articles that mention "Norton" I'll let you guess who "crazy jack" is.

http://www.bushwings.com/texts/alaska.html

the second article is no longer online but it was the book written by Sonny Barger I think called "Hells Angels" and in it "Norton" is mentioned by Barger as one of his most respected members.

Steve Haley has told me that when "Norton" showed up to jump at Antioch he weighed 300+ and was told to go lose weight before he could jump. He came back a few months later weighing 200 and got to jump for the first time circa 75-76.

"Norton" became well known in aviation circles around the late 70's and 80's jumping and flying aerobatics.

I don't think he is a very good candidate for Cooper...IMHO

eta: oh yeah "Norton" is CCR#8 and CCS#1...Steve Haley is CCR#1and CCS#8.

Those are Canopy Formation awards...they were the first obviously.

yep another edit...this post by Steve says his middle initial was E. Robert E. Thomas.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4090141;search_string=norton%20thomas;#4090141

hangdiver

"Mans got to know his limitations"
Harry Callahan

hangdiver

Norton wasn't jumping in 1971, he may have been in jail. He took a rap for the Hells Angels and did some time but was later pardoned by the Governor.
I never met "Norton" his nick name from the "Angels"...he rode a Norton motorcycle...but I ran a dropzone with Steve Haley in the early 90's and know a few things about Robert Thomas...can't remember his middle name but I'll ask Steve today...he's mentioned it but I can't remember...oldtimers I guess.

Here are a couple of links to articles that mention "Norton" I'll let you guess who "crazy jack" is.

http://www.bushwings.com/texts/alaska.html

the second article is no longer online but it was the book written by Sonny Barger I think called "Hells Angels" and in it "Norton" is mentioned by Barger as one of his most respected members.

Steve Haley has told me that when "Norton" showed up to jump at Antioch he weighed 300+ and was told to go lose weight before he could jump. He came back a few months later weighing 200 and got to jump for the first time circa 75-76.

"Norton" became well known in aviation circles around the late 70's and 80's jumping and flying aerobatics.

I don't think he is a very good candidate for Cooper...IMHO

eta: oh yeah "Norton" is CCR#8 and CCS#1...Steve Haley is CCR#1and CCS#8.

Those are Canopy Formation awards...they were the first obviously.

yep another edit...this post by Steve says his middle initial was E. Robert E. Thomas.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4090141;search_string=norton%20thomas;#4090141

hangdiver

are these photos of Nortion. 3 pics attached.

In 2001 a night clerk approached me thru Margie Boule. I believe and have confirmed the story he told me.

He contacted me thru Margie and told me a story. The night before the crime a man checked in - who he has claimed since seeing Duane's pictures in an artilce Margie did - that Duane Weber was the man.

In 1971 the next day after the skyjacking he was questioned by the FBI since he was on duty the night before. A man came in after dark and was looking for a room. He said there was a second party outside the door he believed was with the man...stayed in the shadows. Never knew.

The man wanted a room and asked for a late check out and not to be disturbed the next day - which was Nov 24, 1971. Pilots and stewardesses often do this so he thought nothing of it.

Next day - when he goes to work the FBI question him. He tells them what the guy looked like and until the picture of Duane Weber appeared in his local newpaper in 2001 - he didn't know who the man was.

The FBI collected the sign in Card and placed it in a plastic bag. Now the FBI has NO IDEA where THAT EVIDENCE is.
The Night Clerk swears it was signed by JOHN COLLINS. He remembered that clearly....yet, the FBI has NO records. The local law enforcement also did a lot of the work like that - so WHICH dept. took the hotel registration is in question. Portland Police or FBI. It was the Red Lion just out side of the airport.

I know the pic without the helmet is definitely "Norton Bob" and the one with helmet also appears to be "Norton".

I can ask my friend Steve for sure but I 'm pretty sure that's "Norton" in the second pic as well.

hangdiver

"Mans got to know his limitations"
Harry Callahan

I remember Steve Haley from my days of jumping at Livermore and Antioch but I don't remember Norton. Jumped with Steve's sister many times at WFFC meets in Quincy and Rantoul Illinois and a few times at Lodi too, She is a gem of a person. Married one of my jumpmasters and he is a lucky guy.

The NTSB accident report kinda rules out Norton being alive today if it is the one for his aircraft. Not only was debris spotted in the suspected crash area but also a body (not recovered). Sounds like a real high seas ditching disaster not a disappearance scam.

Ferrying planes over oceans is a risky proposition. Most ferry tank setups do not have the capability for rapid fuel dumping. It is kind of pointless anyway since they carry little excess fuel. If you lose an engine and can't maintain alititude you want to shed weight fast and there is no way to do it. You are doomed to a slow descent into the ocean.

A brand new PAC 750 skydiving plane on the last leg of a flight from NZ ran short on fuel approaching CA from HI. Encouraged by an airline pilot (ex USCG) who overheard the PAC 750 pilots concern, a MAYDAY call went out resulting in the dispatch of a USCG HC 130 that met the incoming PAC 750 a couple of hundred miles off the Monterey coast.

The PAC 750 made a textbook ditching witnessed by the Coasties but all comms were lost and nobody exited the floating plane. The USCG does not have rescue jumpers, just rescue swimmers who can only launch from helos.

It stayed afloat long enough for a Air National Guard HC 130 to reach it and drop a couple of PJs. The PJs reported the pilot was unresponsive, appeared dead and was still strapped in. The plane was sinking and they wisely decided not to attempt to extract the body.

Full account is here and worth reading: http://www.utilityaircraft.com/news122803.html

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

The last picture you printed of an older man - who is that and where did you get that picture? I have a picture of a man without a helmet on who looks very much like that picture..but older. Taken in the 70's. I have to pull the picture - maybe it is just the full face. The man whose pic I have had NO facial hair....probably all BIG men just look alike to me. It is only a paper copy of a group photo, but I will look for it tonight just to compare.

Like I said - probably nothing! Just someone Duane knew in the 70's but the name is NOT Norton. Probably a man whose appearance is similar. Any one have a pic of that man without the helmet and with the weight on him. A full body pic would be great.

Got to go - got errands to run.

hangdiver

I know the pic without the helmet is definitely "Norton Bob" and the one with helmet also appears to be "Norton".

I can ask my friend Steve for sure but I 'm pretty sure that's "Norton" in the second pic as well.

hangdiver

Hangdiver, those photos come from an archive right here at DZ.
Just scroll down through the photos and some are named. I
pulled the ones with Norton's name on them ... Here's the link:

http://www.dropzone.com/photos/Vintage/

BuckwheatFlower

Any clues on HOW Cooper arrived at THE airport? Please don't SHOOT me for asking NOOB questions.

This RANDOM capitalization of words THING is kind of FUN.... I must ADMIT.

Barb says she drove, and left her car. Then took a bus back to PDX from her LZ in Woodburn and drove home to West Seattle.

As for McCoy, it is presumed he flew in from Las Vegas, because he filled his VW with gas in Vegas on Thanksgiving Day.

KC - possibly got dropped off by Bernie in the Airstream after a night camping at Priest Point Park.

Gossett - no idea.

Uncle LD - no idea, but possibly Dewey dropped him off on the way to stationing himself in the woods of SW Washington.

Duane - walked or got a ride from someone at the Red Roof Inn, where he stayed as John C Collins. He didn't take a taxi or bus because the FBI talked to all those drivers and no one saw him via those means of transportation.

mrshutter45

did you recheck the name with Robert Thomas? might be why you couldn't find it earlier?

Tried that and many other variants. Can't find anything indicating our pilot-skydiver Norton Thomas was a CA licensed lawyer. If he did time for a crime it would be unlikely (but not impossible) that he could get or keep CA bar membership.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Bruce wrote:

Barb says she drove, and left her car. Then took a bus back to PDX from her LZ in Woodburn and drove home to West Seattle.

As for McCoy, it is presumed he flew in from Las Vegas, because he filled his VW with gas in Vegas on Thanksgiving Day.

KC - no idea.

Duane - no idea.

Gossett - no idea.

Uncle LD - no idea, but possibly Dewey dropped him off on the way to stationing himself in the woods of SW Washington.

Duane-no idea??? Bruce, didnt Jo once have a now have a poofed parking ticket for the Portland airport that Duane left behind? A poofed flight ticket too, don't forget that.

The night clerk story is intriguing. Has anyone from the FBI actually met him in person? Phone calls and emails can come from anyone.

I am still worried about Farflung. He seems to have disappeared. Without his pesky fact reminders I will inevitably stray into thinking parachuting experience is a prerequisite for a successful skyjack jump.

Bruce wrote:

KC - no idea.

Duane - no idea.

Gossett - no idea.

Duane-no idea??? Bruce, didnt Jo once have a now have a poofed parking ticket for the Portland airport that Duane left behind? A poofed flight ticket too, don't forget that.

The night clerk story is intriguing. Has anyone from the FBI actually met him in person? Phone calls and emails can come from anyone.

I am still worried about Farflung. He seems to have disappeared. Without his pesky fact reminders I will inevitably stray into thinking parachuting experience is a prerequisite for a successful skyjack jump.

Three-Seven-Seven, thanks for your prompt on Duane. I have revised my initial post based upon you getting my memory banks fired-up, along with prompts from other folks...

As for driving to the airport, didn't the feds rule that out since they checked every car and found a matching (male) owner? So, Duane, aka Johnnie C Collins, either walked or got a ride from the motel.

Danielle1010

Robert can you take a picture of Margie's letter and put it up plus pictures of Kenny and other related stuff

Everything he has is presented is in this thread MULTIPLE times. Are you trying to be his promotiona agent. :)
Just go back and search his postings. If you have his book you have all there is! If he hasn't sent you one - remember he always promotes his generosity of providing children with books. You are not a child, but I think he should send you one of his books at NO charge - and include the pictures you asked for since you are a fan.

That would benefit him more than his spending money and travel time and travel expenses to INTRUDE up on a gentleman who was one of the passengers. If Robert had a genuine interest - he should have spent the time and the money to have gone to the museum - not to agitate a witness regarding a suspect the FBI never considered a suspect in the first place.

You are aware of his errors in his book regarding facts? Right? You are aware the FBI did NOT consider KC as a possible subject? Well, take all of that into consideration.

I have a grand-daughter who ADD and she is 24 yrs old - but, she also has a serious growth problem and is only 4 ft tall and she does NOT comprehend math - therefore could not pass the test necessary.

She if very smart about other things and does beautiful art work, but because she could NOT pass the test to get her high school certificate - they wlll NOT accept her into an ART school.

Therefore I commend you for tackling a subject so controversial and reading thru all of the personalities. Will keep you busy for many yrs to come!

Good Luck and I hope this post inspires him to do the right thing and put all of it in the mail to you.
Betcha on this - he will post it up in the thread - just to sell his book! If he give his book away on the thread - my logic is WHY bother to have the book in the first place.

Duane-no idea??? Bruce, didnt Jo once have a now poofed parking ticket for the Portland airport that Duane left behind? A poofed flight ticket too, don't forget that.

YOU are very well aware the Night Clerk was interviewed! It is in the thread.

Agent Carr finally inteviewed him after a serious surgery only because I dissed him about the FBI not having done that in 2001 when he came forward. They didn't even TRY to find the registration card the FBI confiscated from the hotel...according to the night clerk - Cooper signed in as John Collins and alias he was know to use in the past.

As for the plane ticket and the parking ticket - I will swear to you and to GOD & on the life of those I love, that they did exist and I held them in my hands.

I do NOT know what happened to them - perhaps part of what was hidden in the van I sold. The FBI did NOT offer me the opportunity to take a lie detector test on this....They IGNORED all of the obvious things about Weber until they saw I was NOT going to give up and then they SENT agent Carr on a mission - SHUT HER UP!

skyjack71

Put these men in chutes and you might put Weber in a chute

This doesn't put Duane Weber, common criminal, in a chute.
But, it does answer a question you keep avoiding, the answer is "No, you can not put Duane in a chute." ( You can't even put him in the state during the time of the crime.)

Your earlier diatribes? Terrible. you are every thing you accuse others of, and more.

The case is still, OPEN.
Duane, is NOT a suspect (nor KC)
And the FBI owes you nothing in regards to this case.

It is time to move on. You're the only sane one left thinking Duane was Cooper, the only one ignoring the facts - there is no evidence even linking him to the crime.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

georger

hangdiver

Hangdiver, those photos come from an archive right here at DZ.
I got them off Google and lead here -
Just scroll down through the photos and some are named. I
pulled the ones with Norton's name on them ... Here's the link:

http://www.dropzone.com/photos/Vintage/

Jo wrote

Agent Carr finally inteviewed him after a serious surgery only because I dissed him about the FBI not having done that in 2001 when he came forward. They didn't even TRY to find the registration card the FBI confiscated from the hotel...according to the night clerk - Cooper signed in as John Collins and alias he was know to use in the past.

Jo,

Was the interview in person or by phone? If in person where?

"In the thread" doesn't mean a thing. All sorts of false claims are "in the thread".

BruceSmith

Three-Seven-Seven, thanks for your prompt on Duane. I have revised my initial post based upon you getting my memory banks fired-up, along with prompts from other folks...

As for driving to the airport, didn't the feds rule that out since they checked every car and found a matching (male) owner? So, Duane, aka Johnnie C Collins, either walked or got a ride from the motel.

SO like U, Bruce to GET YOUR facts regarding Weber and others all scrambled up!

The story as it was TOLD to me and then to this THREAD was that the night clerk thought "they" were dropped at the motel. NOTE, that he was aware someone in the outer lobby (it was L shaped) and thought it was a woman, but did NOT know if the person was with Cooper.

Cooper asked for a LATE check out on the 24th. That was NOT unusual as the stewardess and pilots stayed at the hotel --- which was the RED LION just outside of the airport grounds.

He himself is six foot plus and he knew the man was at least in his height range. When he saw Duane's picture in the Local paper in 2001 - he got in touch with Margie Boule the writer and she put him in touch with me. THE FBI was having NO part of it!

At the time he was interviewed in 1971 - the agent took the sign in card and had on gloves and put it in a plastic bag....when the night clerk went to pull the card, he told him not to touch it.

NO one - including Mr. H has never been able to tract the individuals who were checking the hotels and motels. The night Clerk thought the plain clothes man ID'ed himself as FBI. The FBI Did NOt contact the man until I SHAMED them ON this thread!

His wife who he is divorced from BACKED HIM UP 100%. She remembered him coming home and telling what had happened, but he was never recontacted even when he came forward in 2001 after seeing the picture of Duane Weber in the OREGONIAN.

I found fault with his story as told to me in 2001 versus how his story seemed to evolve - by the time the FBI contacted him YRS later ONLY after I shamed Carr about the negligence of the FBI in not doing so in this thread! The changes were ONLY minor and I attributed them to contamination by talking to me for serveral yrs before the FBI was shamed in to contacting him but waited until he was on major pain medication due to the removal of a kidney because of cancer.

I received a note from him several months ago that he was coming back to the states, but did NOT follow up - hope it was not the cancer coming back. He goes to the VA hospital in WA, but lives in China...coming home to I suppose to renew his visa.

No wrote

At the time he was interviewed in 1971 - the agent took the sign in card and had on gloves and put it in a plastic bag....when the night clerk went to pull the card, he told him not to touch it.

Jo,

I thought it was a register book not a card. Am I recalling it correctly?

Jo wrote

Jo,

Was the interview in person or by phone? If in person where?

"In the thread" doesn't mean a thing. All sorts of false claims are "in the thread".

Ckret's post about this whole matter was, quote:

Ckret: I have not found anything in any of the files about a
hotel clerk nor are there any items in evidence relating to a
hotel register. I always find it amazing that it seems anything or
anyone related to claims of DB Cooper (not just Jo, all claims);
everyone is dead, out of the country, the evidence was there
once but gone now.......

That left the onus on Jo. At length, if you recall, Jo had the
clerk (now in China!) write up a statement and when he was
back (from China!), delivered it to the FBI-Seattle. The
FBI-Seattle took the man's statement (according to Jo in
Florida), and .... clerk goes back to China, Jo has communed
with clerk in China by phone through the years ... clerk came
back from (China!) then went back to China.... the world has
turned over many times since then and all ended until
now, to be continued .... (clerk is back in China?).

It's all in the thread - - -

Didn't the clerk come here for a brief day or two to certify he
had turned in his statement to the FBI-Seattle and was headed
back to China ? Or, did Jo just post a letter for him? This has all
grown foggy, since my transplant.

[:/]

RobertMBlevins

***Robert can you take a picture of Margie's letter and put it up plus pictures of Kenny and other related stuff

I am no longer releasing anything new concerning Kenny Christiansen. There are a couple of reasons. First, although the vast majority of the information that has been released about him (contrary to popular opinion) is TRUE, it is also true a few mistakes were made concerning his financial transactions during the one-year period following the hijacking. Most are minor, and don't really affect the testimony of the witnesses, or the basic fact that Kenny was loaning out thousands of dollars to the *alleged* accomplice's sister and somehow managed to buy a house along the way. So...we are investigating that facet of Kenny's life further. So is Shutter. I still have a strong suspicion that Kenny was Cooper, but until we get the stuff on his house purchase right, no more goes out about him.

I've been asked: 'Okay...so when do you plan to do this? When will you update these things?' Fair question, and here's the answer:

On Saturday afternoon, August 10th, at the Auburn Avenue Theater, Auburn WA, during the annual 'Auburn Days' festival.

It's well-known I have trust issues going with some Cooperland residents. And I have perfectly good reasons for this. For example, the first time I was scheduled to present the infamous Kenny Christiansen slideshow at the Ave for that particular year's festival...someone called up City Hall and made threats. The city responded by calling up both me and festival director Connie Henke and giving us a heads-up. A plainclothes cop hung out in the lobby. We put on the show anyway and nothing happened.

But this is the kind of lowlife, crazy shit you get from *some* people in Cooperland. Or they post up shit comments on every Cooper article they can find until mods step in or the poor author is forced to delete the article. Trust? I don't have that in Cooperland. I trust 377, Amazon, a few others here. Some I don't. Especially the two who forgot that not only can I occasionally call on the services of a certain PI, but who forgot IP's can be traced. I won't mention names publicly. One of them I haven't seen a post from in months. The other is a regular at Dropzone and not a skydiver.

Yesterday I was asked to create an official Facebook community page for the Adventures in Literature event that I co-chair at the Auburn Ave Theater. So I did. Another Cooper-type book author will be making an appearance and doing his own slideshow. I was asked to follow that with an updated version of the Kenny Christiansen slideshow, and I have agreed to that. The other author is not Bruce Smith, Geoff Gray, and certainly not GreyCop. Other than that, I can't tell you until late June when we print up the speaking schedule.

Warning: That FB page is admin'd by some fairly smart people, and unlike outside articles, you have to sign in to Facebook to post. And that means even if you create a bogus account to make shit comments, you can be traced easily. My techie guy Greg at AB says so, and I believe him. He types code at 70wpm and has been making computers jump through hoops for him since Windows 3.0.

Besides, we would just shut you off, delete your post, and report you to Facebook. If they find out you have ANOTHER account from the same IP, your REAL account at FB will vanish quicker than a fart in the wind. This is Seattle baby and we know how to do tech around this town. :)
You think this is harsh. Maybe it's unreasonable you say? I call it keeping people honest. Cooperland is full of trashers, phonies, and two-faced folk who present one side publicly and then show another face when they think no one is looking.

Problem is: Someone is looking.

Beyond all the Cooper crap and backbiting, if you live in the Seattle area you might consider attending Adventures in Literature for this show. Some of the authors who are scheduled to appear...well, you probably have a book around your house they've written. The literary event will be followed by two films, and not only are the snacks and drinks free...but the whole thing is free to the public.