47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Guru312

******Perhaps it is time to end this thread.

As stated many years ago, anyone can choose to leave this conversation at any time. ;)

That's easy for you to write, Boss, because you aren't addicted to DBcrack.

Good one Guru!

I can stop anytime I want to. Really!

Well just not today...

Jane says... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh-5FI21s6M

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo is firmly anchored in the steam age as far as tech goes. I've tried to move her to fast Internet but she has a zillion reasons why she MUST stay with AOL dial up.

Jo says she is in her final days and there is much left to research. Talk about a good reason to upgrade your acccess speed, but NOPE.

Wonder if she still has a rotary dial phone? Amazingly landline phone service still responds to pulse dialing. I hooked up and old phone for fun and it still works.

The same tenacity Jo shows in her conviction that Duane was Cooper applies to her Internet service preferences. She will go to her grave believing Duane was Cooper and hanging on to AOL dial up.

Can you imagine Jo with a laptop and 16MB Internet? Better yet an iPad or equivalent? She'd be a holy terror here, vastly increasing her output of "leads".

Maybe we should be thankful that she is throttled back to 56 or 128 KBs.;)

I wonder what GreyCop will do with all his books? I can't see them selling even as price slashed remainders.
For his sake I hope he didn't print a lot of copies. His text would make great training material for fledgling editors and proofreaders. Google has good translators for many languages but it cant unscramble GreyCopese.

The museum returned my Cooper twenty. They were a class act, insured, prepaid shipping, and very attentive and appreciative. I stare at it a lot, examining every part of the tattered bill, trying to imagine how it got to Tena Bar, but I just can't figure it out.

Time goes on and the Cooper Vortex keeps spinning, consuming time, intellectual capital and even money. It's like Old Man River... it just keeps rollin, it don't say nothing.

Vicki showed me Paul's book. it reminded me of a children's book with the large bold text. I was just going thru his You Tube videos. seems he has problems with viewers there as well. he sounded like any other person you would talk to on the phone, but he is similar to Knoss by having quick answers as he speaks. he really lost me when he told me the FBI has a picture of him peaking out the aft stairs lol. I told him they wouldn't be taking a picture of him if they seen him, sniper would have taken that picture...B|
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

"The museum returned my Cooper twenty. They were a class act, insured, prepaid shipping, and very attentive and appreciative. I stare at it a lot, examining every part of the tattered bill, trying to imagine how it got to Tena Bar, but I just can't figure it out."

Since the bill went back to it's native land, perhaps it might be ready to talk now B|;):D

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Jo is firmly anchored in the steam age as far as tech goes. I've tried to move her to fast Internet but she has a zillion reasons why she MUST stay with AOL dial up.

Jo says she is in her final days and there is much left to research. Talk about a good reason to upgrade your access speed, but NOPE.

Wonder if she still has a rotary dial phone? Amazingly landline phone service still responds to pulse dialing. I hooked up and old phone for fun and it still works.

The same tenacity Jo shows in her conviction that Duane was Cooper applies to her Internet service preferences. She will go to her grave believing Duane was Cooper and hanging on to AOL dial up.

Can you imagine Jo with a laptop and 16MB Internet? Better yet an iPad or equivalent? She'd be a holy terror here, vastly increasing her output of "leads".

Maybe we should be thankful that she is throttled back to 56 or 128 KBs.;)

I wonder what GreyCop will do with all his books? I can't see them selling even as price slashed remainders.
For his sake I hope he didn't print a lot of copies. His text would make great training material for fledgling editors and proofreaders. Google has good translators for many languages but it cant unscramble GreyCopese.

The museum returned my Cooper twenty. They were a class act, insured, prepaid shipping, and very attentive and appreciative. I stare at it a lot, examining every part of the tattered bill, trying to imagine how it got to Tena Bar, but I just can't figure it out.

Time goes on and the Cooper Vortex keeps spinning, consuming time, intellectual capital and even money. It's like Old Man River... it just keeps rollin, it don't say nothing.

Glad to hear everything went well with the WSHM, Three-Seven-Seven. My relationship with them has been uneven, but they have provided us with unique information on the case. I'm pleased that you helped them with their exhibit. Good on you, mate.

*********Perhaps it is time to end this thread.

As stated many years ago, anyone can choose to leave this conversation at any time. ;)

That's easy for you to write, Boss, because you aren't addicted to DBcrack.

Good one Guru!

I can stop anytime I want to. Really!

Well just not today...

Jane says... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh-5FI21s6M

What a delight to open the thread and find the demeanor has taken taken a turn for the better.

We can breath and smile when we read the postings!:) Felt good to come to the thread and NOT have to read thru gibberish and attacks. I hope Bruce takes my post the way it was intended, but that is hoping beyond all hope!

Cooper is an ADDICTIVE hobby, venture and /or research subject.
I never imagined that my call to the FBI in 1996 would launch a search that would consume what will be 18 yrs of my life in May of 2014

I was 55 yrs old in May of 1996.
Now I am 73 yrs old - This summer will mark 18 yrs...on this journey.
The journey is never over for some of us.

Really hope there will be some resolutions in the case. In those massive files are links to Cooper - links an agent sitting hehind a desk filtering what leads sent to the field that may have been ignore.

It was a given that several leads came out of the Jefferson prison. Local agents made the nterviews.

The local agents in Missouri - were NOT advised of the specific - so when an informer was interviewed, did they ask the right questions?

Carr tried to find the records regarding the individuals interviewed, but obviously he found NOTHING.
I discussed this with him on the phone and in this thread. I was hoping he would be able to find the old now retired agents and ask them what they remembered - but allocations to investigate Cooper just aren't there anymore.

Wonder if anyone who was in that prison remembers Weber? Would be interesting to know the name of the individuals who contacted the FBI in Jefferson!

It is noteworthy to mention that other leads came out of other prisons. Perhaps cons looking for a walking card and nothing more.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

ParrotheadVol

Well, damn!

So much for getting on Paul's "Cowards List" now. I really wanted to make it on to that list.

Really hope Georger is OK. I know his blood pressure had to have been off the wall last night when his personal information was posted.

Since the offender often posted his own personal information - I felt it was just a matter of time - before he crossed the line. Sure used up a lot of bandwidth for nothing! Just Gibberish!

Jo wrote

Since the offender often posted his own personal information - I felt it was just a matter of time - before he crossed the line.

They are not necessarily connected. A few people here use their real names, post lots of personal info, but do not violate the privacy of other forum members.

My boy tells me: "Dad, privacy is OVER. Just get used to it."
I fear he may be right.

Although I don't agree with GreyCop's handwriting comparison conclusions and he ignores facts such as Cooper not being the person who filled in the name Dan Cooper on the airline ticket, I still marvel at his finding the alleged secret message in the letter addressee writing: "Kenny is Cooper". You can kind of see it just like you can kind of see faces in clouds and even on Mars. Hundreds of people looked at that address and never saw what Paul saw. But now you can see what he saw when he points it out. Maybe it's a clue to how his mind works.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I still marvel at his finding the alleged secret message in the letter addressee writing: "Kenny is Cooper". You can kind of see it just like you can kind of see faces in clouds and even on Mars. Hundreds of people looked at that address and never saw what Paul saw. But now you can see what he saw when he points it out. Maybe it's a clue to how his mind works.

I think that can be done with lots of things - handwriting was TAUGHT in those days...and when the child was not being taught to make letters and words at home - the students handwriting mimicked the teacher & or the manual used. Basically I ignored it, but understood why he saw what he did!

RobertMBlevins

Non-Cooper: I heard it snowed in Atlanta the other day. Just tell me the North Atlantic Current hasn't yet stopped and I will be fine. And how can it be colder in frickin' Birmingham, Alabama than in Seattle? Geez...:|

Atlanta usually gets a little snow. Ga. had a BIG snow in the early 70's - I was living in a small town in GA about 40 miles East of Macon....

My children were delighted and built their first Snowman - the snow was several inches that yr - and I took lots of pictures so my girls could remember that snow. I taped plastic bags over their shoes to the ankles. They actually got to walk to the convenience store in the snow. It was magic to this then 9 yr & 10 yr old.
Snow Angels, Snowmen and Snowballs.
They got to experience the things I grew-up with.

Florida - Today on the GULF Jan 2013. Brrrr it is cold. Today at 2 pm I went to the mail box - it had icicles hanging on it but the temp was 40% - but the wind was very cold. The schools are close today and tomorrow...these idiots do NOT know how to drive on ICE. On the TV they were showing one accident after another taken from a Camcorder on a highway and on major streets in Pensacola.

They think the road is just wet and it is a thin layer of ice created by the moisture in the air and the freezing wind......I wonder what the 10pm news will show? I haven' seen snow here yet - I am less than 3 miles from the gulf and 2 miles from one bay and 1 mile from the other bay. In other words I am surrounded by water on all sides. I heard it snowed 25 miles west of here. Didn't catch the news just what someone told me on the phone.

My daughter sent home at 1:30 PM near Roswell due to the weather. I-75 is SHUT DOWN - she is out of GAS and stranded someplace between Roswell and I-75. SHE is driving a green sab. ANYONE - please relay to others stranded - STOP and get her to safety....It is now 9:22 PM in Atlanta.

Last contact couldn't make it to a GAS STATION - traffic NOT moving...not enough GAS to make it moving at 1 mile per hour. Last contact about 1 hour ago. GAS probably gone by now - it is an old green saub.

NO CELL contact since...one hour ago.

Amazon

***Well, damn!

So much for getting on Paul's "Cowards List" now. I really wanted to make it on to that list.

He had not come right out and said it ... but I was just this { } close... a skosh more an I would have made it.:ph34r:

The list is short. But those on it are of a rare breed! :P

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

RobertMBlevins

***My daughter sent home at 1:30 PM near Roswell due to the weather. I-75 is SHUT DOWN - she is out of GAS and stranded someplace between Roswell and I-75. SHE is driving a green sab. ANYONE - please relay to others stranded - STOP and get her to safety....It is now 9:22 PM in Atlanta.

Last contact couldn't make it to a GAS STATION - traffic NOT moving...not enough GAS to make it moving at 1 mile per hour. Last contact about 1 hour ago. GAS probably gone by now - it is an old green saub.

NO CELL contact since...one hour ago.

Oh, I found it. There IS a Roswell in Georgia. Here's the Google Map link.

Good news. It isn't a wilderness area. Zooming in the map I see shopping centers, neighborhoods galore. Hopefully she is okay.

Her problem is staying out the way of sliding cars and she is NO where near an exit. She lived in Canton. She was trying to get to 75 and they shut 75 down so she is in traffic that is bearly moving with no exit near her and out of gas. If she gets out of the car that is very very dangerous. She knows to stay with the car and hopefully she has a distress tag to hang out of the window - we don't know.

skyjack71

***Well, damn!

Really hope Georger is OK. I know his blood pressure had to have been off the wall last night when his personal information was posted.

Since the offender often posted his own personal information - I felt it was just a matter of time - before he crossed the line. Sure used up a lot of bandwidth for nothing! Just Gibberish!

I'm fine.

I guess what triggered GreyCop was my avatar, he say, I guess
he saw it for the first time ever, last night, and didn't like the
"muddah fadduh", part ... he says ? Ive taken it down to get
him off my back.

The real action continues to be off this forum.

*Bill Mitchell reports today he still has not received Blevins' mailing. :S

Good night Muddah. Good night Fadduh.

:D

matthewcline

******Well, damn!

He had not come right out and said it ... but I was just this { } close... a skosh more an I would have made it.:ph34r:

The list is short. But those on it are of a rare breed! :P

Matt

Am I on it, Matt? I forget. I know you're on it, but I don't know why.

I thought you were the most courageous person at Ariel because you walked over to the DB Cooper Memorabilia corner with GC ALL BY YOURSELF. Vicki was watching your back, I think, and made an intervention after awhile. But you took the first few steps by yourself, and bought his book.

Cajones, I say.

Relax Georger, put your avatar back up it was Cute because it represents the thread - Most of us are like the little boy writing home from camp - this is our camp.

If you put the Baboon up you KNOW ;) I will start with the Sweet Baboon replies again. :ph34r:

Regarding Mitchell:
Well, I thought the address they supposedly had was NOT a correct address because the phone numbers attached to it DID not match my contact information for him.

TO ALL:
It took my daughter from 1:30 to 12:20 Eastern time to make what is normally a 50 minute trip. Almost 12 hours. Her son called me to let me know she was home and safe! Thank HEAVENS. My grandson told me for the first time in his life. I love you Grandma Jo! What a GIFT that was!
He is 18 yrs old and graduated from high school last yr.

"You keep saying that about the 'real action is happening off this forum'. No kidding. I haven't seen anything but bitching, whining, and backbiting around here for weeks. Maybe months. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. I'm sure you'll let everyone know when you offline guys solve the case or manage to move the flight path miles west of the interstate."

who has managed to move the flight path? a lot of the "bitching, whining, and backbiting" always seems to find it's way around you? seems to never happen while you are absent?

The next time you send a package might I suggest certified mail to insure you know it gets there?

REMEMBER this:
I put a lot of money and time into a package I sent to Florence YRS ago.
I sent it with the return postage already on the special return envelope.

A letter was on the front of the book explaining if she did NOT want to open it I understood & that was okay but, to put it in the other envelope and drop it at any post office. I never got it back. I did get a contact from an unknow source telling me they had my Cooper package in Ohio or Missouri. I did NOT understand that. There was NO offer to return it to me.

I had over $30 tied up in postage and over $35 in the photos....not to mention all of the hours I spent putting it together.

I knew the address for Florence was correct - so you figure it out! I didn't even try after that.

We are closed off now. The Bay Bridge is close, Three Mile Bridge is closed - most of the Channel 3 crew live in Gulf Breeze - they may not get home tonight. The back road to I 10 is close - it is a narrow road and with a long bridge that goes over part of the Bayou. I-10 is closed.

Only hospital is Gulf Breeze - if you dare attempt it.

Road is open to Ft. Walton.

The worse is yet to come tomorrow.
I have lost power briefly 3 times tonight. Those guys are on top of it.

My subdivision has underground electric so that is good...the switching station is just down the road.

Getting ready to go to bed to conserve the heat - I have NO gas tank for my fire place - if I loose power I am without heat. We are hoping the temps go just above freezing tomorrow long enough to save some trees and plants.

Do NOT believe my Sandy Pines will make it - they are loaded & hanging low with a lots of ice. It is still raining and it makes ice as soon as it hits the ground. I walked outside onto the grass - drive way covered in ice and the grass was crunchy and when I reached down it was 2 inches thick with ice. The centipede lawns like mine may suffer a lot of damage and the sod people will make a lot of money this spring and summer.

I have a pump for my lawn and I covered it, but didn't have the strength to drain the pipe - if that is damaged - that will be a big expense. I know there will be sprinklers to be replaced, but that is a never ending cycle - they don't make the new one like MY old sprinklers that survive yr after yr.

Main concern is a water spigot we had to pull underground and bring up in the back (city water). I covered it well, but it had a break shortly after it was put due to some cold weather.

My husband did something to insulate it - not sure what he did as it was done before we got married. At the cut off - that pipe is underground and goes to the very back of the house before it surfaces (the builder forgot to put a spigot in the back). I covered the pipe coming up out of the ground with insulation and put plastic bags all around it and then taped a bigger bag on top. Today I added two old towels and another plastic bag. If that breaks I loose water to the house and would have to cut it off at the meter...NOT sure I know HOW to do that...or if I have the strength to do it.

RobertMBlevins

***"You keep saying that about the 'real action is happening off this forum'. No kidding. I haven't seen anything but bitching, whining, and backbiting around here for weeks. Maybe months. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. I'm sure you'll let everyone know when you offline guys solve the case or manage to move the flight path miles west of the interstate."

who has managed to move the flight path? a lot of the "bitching, whining, and backbiting" always seems to find it's way around you? seems to never happen while you are absent?

The next time you send a package might I suggest certified mail to insure you know it gets there?

Robert99 has stated several times that he believes the flight path is wrong, and that's how the money arrived at Tina Bar...because Cooper pancaked nearby. I can quote this if you wish.

Look, I'm open to this theory, but I haven't seen any proof of it yet. I find it hard to believe ATC, the chase jets, and SAGE radar or whatever got it all wrong. I've heard some stuff about looking for Cooper just east of Woodland. But that area is still EAST of the interstate. My personal belief is that 305 never went west of the freeway at any time while it was north of Vancouver.

I will check with Skipp Porteous on the address for Mitchell. I'm pretty sure we got it right, since our info matched his first, middle initial, and last name, and matched the city where he lived. But you never know. Maybe the address is outdated. No worries. If it was the wrong Bill Mitchell, we will find out soon enough and deal with it. Nothing has been returned yet to our office by USPS. The truth is, Georger may not really know and is just saying that stuff. I will give it a few more days.

EDIT: Glad you're daughter is okay, Jo. I just saw that from you. Cool-cool.

Yes, it's hard to believe I'll give you that. it's not impossible they got it all wrong either. If Robert99 laid everything out for us all to see. then perhaps you could come to a conclusion. I leave the option open. I'm not convinced either, but I don't mock him, or beg for an answer within a certain time. no offense but I look at Robert's credentials vs yours, or mine and quickly conclude more trust in his gut feelings and logic than yours or mine. If he's wrong, he gave it a shot. it beats sitting in front of a computer pissing and moaning about it. he's trying to do something about it.

Common sense factor...not to be confused with fact.
we have a place card that gives a location of the path.
we have money from the crime in a difficult position.
we have a path between the two making more sense of the money and position of the plane.
we have a path away from population.
Is it true? I don't know, but it doesn't sound off the wall to me.

The FBI states the map is the "believed flight path" I don't recall them stating it as fact? they now also believe Cooper didn't jump were they originally thought he did. someone got something wrong perhaps? there has to be more logic to all of this confusion. what if he is right and decides to stop his research and we find out 10 years from now he was right? you have to think outside the box. I have a tool that can provide some of his needs. your damn right I'll look into it. doesn't mean that's what my project is about, or I'm a firm believer in the path moving west.

I don't rely on what someone said without checking on it first. you assume way to many things, or rely on what is written online by "Important people". guess what? there human too and make mistakes just like anyone else. it's all a joke to you. if it wasn't. you wouldn't be making statements like that.

Nobody thought a bunch of fools with box cutters could hijack several planes and destroy the Twin Tower either did they? or fly right into the Pentagon. where were the really smart guys that day?