47 47
quade

DB Cooper

#1 you did answer the original question.

now we have KC staining the wood. that would mean he sanded the whole thing down. again, the odds of replacing the countertop are much lower than resurfacing the countertop. you only replace the countertop if it's damaged. the crooked cuts are from someone not caring about the material while the kitchen was demolished. it doesn't make sense to put the new Formica on a piece for the attic. you typically put formica onto the counter while it's attached. if he did make a new countertop (doubtful) he would have applied the Formica last.

The original question was you claimed for some reason you didn't want to go to Bonney lake. also you mentioned Law enforcement should go into the attic and look. you later claimed you went up there? at that point you didn't seem to have knowledge of being up there, or you would have known there was no hinges. then replied nobody would believe you. it's sounds like you hadn't been in the attic? "Not a chance would I go near Bonney Lake to check this out " little confusing...

I'll look at the photo again, but glue would seem to be a factor for the stain underneath it. Formica is glued down. why would he take a piece of the old countertop and put new Formica on it for the attic? it still doesn't work...you have a piece of the counter that was ripped out of the kitchen years before you were aware of KC...

"For someone who thinks we should suspend KC discussions"

I believe that is about you pushing and showing the same evidence over and over. this is about conclusions of the evidence. we are not pushing KC as Cooper in this discussion.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

mrshutter45

#1 you did answer the original question.

now we have KC staining the wood. that would mean he sanded the whole thing down. again, the odds of replacing the countertop are much lower than resurfacing the countertop. you only replace the countertop if it's damaged. the crooked cuts are from someone not caring about the material while the kitchen was demolished. it doesn't make sense to put the new Formica on a piece for the attic. you typically put formica onto the counter while it's attached. if he did make a new countertop (doubtful) he would have applied the Formica last.

The original question was you claimed for some reason you didn't want to go to Bonney lake. also you mentioned Law enforcement should go into the attic and look. you later claimed you went up there? at that point you didn't seem to have knowledge of being up there, or you would have known there was no hinges. then replied nobody would believe you. it's sounds like you hadn't been in the attic? "Not a chance would I go near Bonney Lake to check this out " little confusing...

I'll look at the photo again, but glue would seem to be a factor for the stain underneath it. Formica is glued down. why would he take a piece of the old countertop and put new Formica on it for the attic? it still doesn't work...you have a piece of the counter that was ripped out of the kitchen years before you were aware of KC...

"For someone who thinks we should suspend KC discussions"

I believe that is about you pushing and showing the same evidence over and over. this is about conclusions of the evidence. we are not pushing KC as Cooper in this discussion.

What is Blevins claiming the attic box was for!!!!! ?????

RobertMBlevins

No...that is not what I meant. I think the wood stain on the scrap piece came from KC re-staining the kitchen cabinets. It has nothing to do with the countertop replacement.

He pulls the old countertops. He re-stains the cabinets. Gets some of it on the scrap pieces of countertop he pulled. Takes a big piece of the old countertop, cuts it for the attic.

No use going into that process again. Already explained it previously.

Georger: There IS no answer to your question on 'what is the attic box for?' No one knows for sure. Nothing was found inside it by the Decoded crew.

What are you claiming the attic box was built and used for ?

If its use cant be determined then of what possible importance
is it to the DB Cooper case!?

looking at the photo again I don't think that's stain. certainly not the same color. looks more like Varnish or glue....

see photo

my mistake. not varnish ,but a clear coat. polyurethane....
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

RobertMBlevins

******No...that is not what I meant. I think the wood stain on the scrap piece came from KC re-staining the kitchen cabinets. It has nothing to do with the countertop replacement.

He pulls the old countertops. He re-stains the cabinets. Gets some of it on the scrap pieces of countertop he pulled. Takes a big piece of the old countertop, cuts it for the attic.

No use going into that process again. Already explained it previously.

Georger: There IS no answer to your question on 'what is the attic box for?' No one knows for sure. Nothing was found inside it by the Decoded crew.

What are you claiming the attic box was built and used for ?

Hmm. There is an echo in here. Read the part just after 'Georger'. No one knows what it was for, or even why it was built. I think I said that...

It is impossible to make any definite conclusions on why it was done. Or even for sure who built it, although I think because of what evidence is available, my guess is KC built it. Age of the wood, the wood stain marks, location being above his bedroom, etc. Anything else is conjecture.

That was a polite answer, which frankly you did not deserve. Especially with your little comment about 'pictures of boys,' where you hint (again) that KC was a pedophile. You do that again and I will copy your post over to Quade with a complaint. Ain't nice to hint that about people without any proof. Another lie, just like when you said back there I said money was discovered in the box in 2010.

This reference:

Georger says in part -

'Shutter what is your understanding of what Blevins is claiming the attic box was built for ?

To hold the Cooper money?

To hold photos of boys?'

Hmmm, perhaps if you don't know what it is. you might want to stop speculating that was a hiding place for the ransom and building it up to appear that way? just a thought...B|

and you still didn't answer the original question....

Georgie Porgie I have NO IDEA what you are talking about - REMEMBER I am the DUMBO - and things LIKE that just FLY right over my head!

THIS IS NOT MY EMAIL ADDRESS
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[email protected]:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My email address is
[email protected]
And it will remain until this until I have NO need for it or someone offers me a sum of money for it I cannot turn down.

What was the pic? A cross between and camel and what? Ugliest animal I ever saw, but not ugly enough to be cute.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

RobertMBlevins

I think it's okay to speculate on the reason for the box, the same as it's okay to speculate on anything that is brought up regarding Cooper. But nothing can be proven at this time. We don't know why it was done, what (if anything) was ever in it, etc.

I've always said the box is a bit of 'hindsight' evidence. In other words, if it were ever discovered that KC WAS Cooper, then you could go back immediately with 'Ah, hah! THAT'S why he built it...'

But until then, it is what it is. A board and a couple of two-bys in an attic above a bedroom. And the reason for its existence will remain unknown.

It's not just you. a lot of people do the same thing when trying to prove something. I have noticed it appears ok on your end, but if something similar pops up you start in commenting about it. to many things has been done to that house to even speculate something, and to much time has passed.

the reason I confront you about the "lies" is the fact of you using it often without any other possibilities factored in on some of your findings in the past. you have known issues on your website that you ignore, but don't have a problem calling other people liars. is that really fair? I think you should tone down on that word itself. you need 100% accurate proof before making that statement.

I also think you need to realize that everything written about the case might not be accurate enough for you to defend. try having an open mind rather than making wise cracks at someone's possible alternatives? just about everyone else "works well with others" and doesn't need to argue several pages on one topic. I don't think you are stupid, but I think you jump to conclusions too fast. mistakes happen that way. you have your fair share of them. I make them all the time. I get up, brush the dirt off, and go back at it. B|

I've spent a long time trying to get my simulator to work as close as any home simulation can be done. I took the time and made sure things were accurate as they can be before any testing is done. I have been put through many different tests by Hominid and R99 to insure I'm doing things right. I allow the smarter people to handle these issues. it's a team effort. I just fly the plane....B| unfortunately I no longer post anything about it due to having the issue with you trashing it before understanding what is being done. having to explain over and over that we are not moving the path. it is something I'm interested in though.

Geprger stated:

Maybe Jo 'perceived a weak spot in the DB Cooper case and
then took advantage to deliver a cheap shot, to advertise her
newly formed HOMES4UBYJO Realty business.? This lady who
says she has no internet saavy, then goes public, on the
internet! selling houses?! And a Cooper story about Duane ?
Launched together. Like peas in a pod. Instant stardom.

Georger that is a cheap SHOT!
Perhaps your memory needs a little tweeking:

1. I retired from real estate in 2004.

2. I kept the my [email protected] because I hold an inactive license and will activate it to sell my own home. Due to my abilities to sell - I cannot NOT pay someone a 7% commission to sell my house.
I have willing independent brokers who would allow me to do this. I keep my continueing education credits current just for this purpose. In exchange I will offer any listing I might obtain or a buyer not interested in my home to a co-worker.

3. Because my email address was a first of its kind and byjo is an
ex-pression - I chose to keep it
until the day I no longer own a home or have a need to sell my home.

4. Therefore I am not quilty of what you are saying. Strickly an email address and not a promotion of any kind.

5. I worked for the chains and do
NOT hold a brokers license.

P.S. I could also list my home on the MLS by owner and pay the approx $600+ fees to do so. Being a retired realtor would be a plus, would not gain the co-operation of other realtors in the area...should
my license stay inactive.

This is just a common courtesy to the retirees and it benefits the real estate offices who extend this to the retired realtors.

ME THINKS you need to make postings about things you know something about - it is evident you know nothing about me or about real estate laws.

NOW - Georger repeat after me
"I Georger will stay on topic and not speak of things I have no knowledge of ". :ph34r:

skyjack71

Geprger stated:

2. I kept the my [email protected] because I hold an inactive license and will activate it to sell my own home. Due to my abilities to sell - I cannot NOT pay someone a 7% commission to sell my house.
NO realtor is worth 7% & I have
willing independent brokers who
would allow me to do this. I keep my continueing education credits current just for this purpose. In exchange I will offer any listing I might obtain to a co-worker.

4. Therefore I am not quilty of what you are saying. Strickly an email address and not a promotion of any kind.

ME THINKS you need to make postings about things you know something about - it is evident you know nothing about me or about real estate laws.

"I Georger will stay on topic and not speak of things I have no knowledge of ". :ph34r:

That last line, good idea all around.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

skyjack71

Geprger stated:

I have willing independent brokers who would allow me to do this. I keep my continueing education credits current just for this purpose. In exchange I will offer any listing I might obtain or a buyer not interested in my home to a co-worker.

P.S. I could also list my home on the MLS by owner and pay the approx $600+ fees to do so. Being a retired realtor would be a plus, would not gain the co-operation of other realtors in the area...should
my license stay inactive.

This is just a common courtesy to the retirees and it benefits the real estate offices who extend this to the retired realtors.

NOW that all of that is behind me perhaps I can make a productive post...if I can even remember what I came her to say. :)

Though a caveat - my info is dated a year after Bruce's articles and pics of Tina - I did not get the sense that Tina is a raging recluse.

Though she did leave some pretty major details out (nothing about the hijacking, the 73 marriage or the 77 divorce, Gresham, or the convent) - apparently she does not define herself by the past :)
She picks up 13 years later where she enters the healthcare field as a entry level caregiver while also gaining education in the social services/mental health field - a career that she has today and "appears" to be quite satisfied with.

You know I'd be lying if I said I didn't have mixed thoughts about Tina - the part that she played in all of this, the whole life-under-the-radar persona, the nun thing, and the universal "hands-off" approach almost since the beginning. I'll admit the cynical part of me says there is more than meets the eye, but in the end - I think that she is probably mischaracterized on this forum a lot.

If we take the hijacking at face value, she displayed a remarkable sense of poise in the post-interviews and, by all accounts, displayed immense calm and bravery during the actual event. Remember - she was all of what, 22 years old.

Furthermore - NONE of us have any idea of what her life was like apart from the Cooper incident -- or what other events might have led to a crisis or reorganization of life. Cooper might have been a mere footnote to other events in her life. If her story is true, she worked for NW for another 10 years after the hijacking.
But because she didn't seek the limelight or continue to want to be part of the story as others did, we assume that she cratered from the weight of Cooper. And maybe it did finally catch up to her. But really.....we don't have a clue --- we just make a whole lot of assumptions.

I don't necessarily think she is a quivering bowl of jello that needs to be protected at all costs, and I don't fault folks for requesting to interview her - hey, you might get lucky.
But the flip side of that, though frustrating I'm sure, is that she also has the right to shut the door if she perceives it as an unwanted intrusion into her life. :)

but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

All of these yrs posting here have finally done me in - get distracted way to easily.

I am hoping the thread can get focused on finding new subjects or finding new evidence regarding old subjects.

Someone KNEW who Cooper was and if he died on Nov. 24, 1971....where is the evidence of that. NOTHING but a few 20's have ever surfaced and in a place a major suspect visited and during the time allotments given by the evidence (the found money).

Someone is already working of some information I posted but we are looking for a needle in a haystack. Not an impossible thing, but the information I tried to trace myself many yrs ago and got no where.

So I am enlisting the help of anyone who thinks they can find what I am searching for. Possibly the information can PUT a suspect in WA. at a given time & in connections with individuals who had the knowledge to pull this skyjacking off.

I think all Cooper had was just enough information to attempt the deed - but, if Cooper had a death wish or an uncureable disease the jump could very well have been an attempted suicide.

BUT how does anyone find information the FBI has not acquired or researched? The entire focus of the thread should be to figure that one out and maybe lead them to a suspect - dead or alive.

What could Cooper have been involved in:

1. NOT a known jumper.
2. Maybe someone who had some experience through exposure, but not known to others.
3. Prison talk
4. Bar talk, but considering what is talked about in a bar - probably not.

What about a helper. Someone exposed to actual jumpers but in a limited sort of way. We discussed packers but the naysayers said all packers where jumpers.

That assumption is NOT true. Packers may have had to make ONE jump but being a jumper was not one of them.
They had to know what if felt like to put your life in hands of the man who packed the chutes.

Cooper had to have known the area pretty damn well. I feel the man who was Cooper was actually mentioned in the past - but not someone who was known buy his real name. The FBI actually chased a few lead like that.

What if the FBI files where made available to the public and if the FBI felt a need to redact the names - so be it. But the location and the reason a suspect was called in....the circumstance of the call.

I have a strong feeling one of those leads about a man who used to come in the supply store or hang out around the jumpers or did odd jobs for the jumpers - some minor thing just might pop.

Hell even a name he gave in a bar in 1949 or the chance of someone having a picture of a man they thought could be Cooper is pretty thin.

It is a given most of the leads are untraceable at this date...but what if! We aren't asking the FBI for the impossible - what are they going to do with all of those files - destroy them? Yep! What do you bet that most of them have not already been destroyed?

Cooper would be approx 88 if he was still alive. Given the nature of someone who would have made such a jump - probably not. Cooper was someone - who took chances.

Wish I had lived in WA these last 15 yrs...I would have been on the ground all most everyday talking to anyone who ever contacted the FBI or made a claim in a bar - YOU know I think that man used to come in here or I remember this guy who said this or that.

I had 4 individuals who claim Weber was here or there - but the FBI never questioned these people....it had been too many yrs for the FBI to trust the memory of someone in a bar or a couple of gals who used to go there and remembered a guy singing certain songs or playing the piano.

Cooper was not a shy reclusive - he was a person who put himself out there and wanted attention.

Cooper had confidence he could do anything he set his mind to as long as it didn't involve commitment.

I know you guys will disagree with that - but commitment is a learned trait. It is learned on an as need basis.

IT has been too many yrs for a search to find & prove conclusively anyone certain suspect is Cooper. So do we stop here or do we start over in a different direction? The only REAL start anyone will ever have is complete ACCESS to the FBI files - to every phone call and every individual called in as a suspect. Then it take finding a live human being who will remember the call - chance of that are ZERO.

So why do we continue the battle - without the help of the FBI and their files it is futile effort? I know I still keep the faith that someone will find that needle in the haystack. The only option left is to go beyond this thread - to take Cooper where he has NOT been taken before. A major 2 hr TV special that will FOCUS on the small things and not devote to much time to the history and why and how the jump could or could not be made.

The FBI would have to assist - and not just an agent trying to make a name for himself - we need the files!

NOT the files for the entire 42 yrs - just the first 5 yrs. I really believe in those five yrs of files is the call the FBI missed or an agent dismissed.

Okay - so why are WE here?
Why do we continue to keep limit the the search field?

I think the search is what keeps some of you coming back night after night. What did we MISS? What did the FBI Miss or is Cooper buried in the deep forest - or maybe the pilot went right over Mt St. Helens making turns and trying to get Cooper off those stairs. That plane did make a lot of turns and the reports from the ground were just as bad as the controversial flight maps.

Nah - Even the co-pilot was uncertain of his location at time or is there a way that information could have been altered. We have those missing minutes - the missing minutes the authorities claim the FLIGHT path covers and Cooper was here and not here or there. We have done all we can with the flight path.

[:/] Yea it is sad - look how many of us have wasted our time and efforts for NOTHING.

"You know I'd be lying if I said I didn't have mixed thoughts about Tina - the part that she played in all of this, the whole life-under-the-radar persona, the nun thing, and the universal "hands-off" approach almost since the beginning. I'll admit the cynical part of me says there is more than meets the eye, but in the end - I think that she is probably mischaracterized on this forum a lot."

Loved to have been a fly on the wall of 305 B| what happened with the Engineer dude? where did he go, alive/dead? Alice? did Jo copy/paste them onto her post and they went poof lol.

mrshutter45

"You know I'd be lying if I said I didn't have mixed thoughts about Tina - the part that she played in all of this, the whole life-under-the-radar persona, the nun thing, and the universal "hands-off" approach almost since the beginning. I'll admit the cynical part of me says there is more than meets the eye, but in the end - I think that she is probably mischaracterized on this forum a lot."

Loved to have been a fly on the wall of 305 B| what happened with the Engineer dude? where did he go, alive/dead? Alice? did Jo copy/paste them onto her post and they went poof lol.

Wasn't Anderson part of the sled re-creation?
Not sure if he's alive today, but this is him from {a pic posted on) Father's Day 2012.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

smokin99

***"You know I'd be lying if I said I didn't have mixed thoughts about Tina - the part that she played in all of this, the whole life-under-the-radar persona, the nun thing, and the universal "hands-off" approach almost since the beginning. I'll admit the cynical part of me says there is more than meets the eye, but in the end - I think that she is probably mischaracterized on this forum a lot."

Not sure if he's alive today, but this is him from {a pic posted on) Father's Day 2012.

Hominid posted the pic of the crew of the recreation with there names on them. I forgot to keep that one. about a week or so ago.....

mrshutter45

******"You know I'd be lying if I said I didn't have mixed thoughts about Tina - the part that she played in all of this, the whole life-under-the-radar persona, the nun thing, and the universal "hands-off" approach almost since the beginning. I'll admit the cynical part of me says there is more than meets the eye, but in the end - I think that she is probably mischaracterized on this forum a lot."

Hominid posted the pic of the crew of the recreation with there names on them. I forgot to keep that one. about a week or so ago.....

His adopted Korean daughter and granddaughter are in show biz. The daughter is a comedian and granddaughter is a child actress on tv show. Cool beans. :)

skyjack71

I think the search is what keeps some of you coming back night after night. What did we MISS? What did the FBI Miss or is Cooper buried in the deep forest - or maybe the pilot went right over Mt St. Helens making turnes and trying to get Cooper off those stairs. That plane did make a lot of turns and the reports from the ground were just as bad as the related flight maps.

Nah - Even the co-pilot was uncertain of his location at time or is there a way that information could have been altered. We have those missing minutes - the missing minutes the authority claim the FLIGHT path covers and Cooper was here and not here or there.

Jo, We have been over this dozens of times before. And you are one of the first people to deny everything if it doesn't fit into you scenario for Duane being Cooper - which he was not!

In reality, the hijacked airliner was under radar coverage from the Air Traffic Control people during its entire flight from Seattle to Reno. These are the people who were responsible for keeping the airliner from running into mountains and/or other airplanes. This is a civilian operated radar system and air traffic control system.

There is no need for a military operated radar system to be involved in this exercise. And there is no realistic reason for believing that a military system was involved.

In actual fact, the only missing minutes in the airliner's flight path were deliberately removed from the records so that the flight path could not be determined. Efforts have been underway for some time to get the complete flight path records.

There is no law enforcement or legal reason for not revealing the actual contents of the radio communications between the airliner and the Seattle Air Traffic Control Center and the phone conversations between the responsible controllers. This information has already been released in its entirety for the communications between the airliner and the Oakland Air Traffic Control Center and its controllers.

The above radio communications were broadcast on public radio frequencies that could be, and probably were in this instance, monitored by anyone who cared to do so.

The communications between the airliner that were patched to the NWA Operations Center in Minneapolis, plus probably other locations, were over the Aeronautical Radio Corporation (ARINC) frequencies which are an entirely different radio network.

After 42+ years of no real progress, the Cooper hijacking is going to remain unresolved until the un-redacted version of the Seattle ATC transcripts are released.

Wild-eyed speculations by various people trying to generate support for their "favorite Cooper candidate" are utter nonsense. And unfortunately, Jo you are one of the worst posters on this thread for that type of activity.

Robert99

smokin99

***"You know I'd be lying if I said I didn't have mixed thoughts about Tina - the part that she played in all of this, the whole life-under-the-radar persona, the nun thing, and the universal "hands-off" approach almost since the beginning. I'll admit the cynical part of me says there is more than meets the eye, but in the end - I think that she is probably mischaracterized on this forum a lot."

I have seen statements that Anderson is dead but no date of death was given. Captain Scott reportedly lived near Tucson in retirement and died about 2005.

I was really glad to see that picture, it did my heart well. When I spoke with her in 2004 - she seemed very in control. Be assured the skyjack did NOT stop her life. I think the intermission came after her divorce and that was before she moved to Gresham. Right now I forget when her divorce was - and everyone has issues regarding a divorce. She like my daughter are old school regarding a divorce. I find it very difficult to believe she was a patient in that facility in 1979.

I know if I had been her and living only a short distance from the money find and the fact it was on Tina's bar - I would have been terrified. After finding she had problems (per the media) and became a nun shortly after and of course Weber claiming to be Cooper....I was extremely worried about her - wish I had seen this picture yrs ago.

In 2004 on the phone her voice was very soft and timid - so I felt responsible for the way her life had come around. I had worried about her for yrs - that picture indeed set me free.

1979 - Duane mentions knowing a woman who lived in Gresham.
1995 - Duane tell me he is Dan Cooper
1996 - I learn Dan Cooper was D.B. Cooper
1997 - I learned Tina had problems in 1980 after the money find and had gone into a convent.

So I carried this weight on my shoulder - and in 2004 Robbie Clampett provided me with a phone number and finally after several months I called it.

She returned my call.

2012 - Cook and Brucie did their thing regarding Tina and all of those horrible things Bruce reported and the papparazie photo shots.

All these YRs I felt responsible for her - she looks like she is able to take care of herself and with no problems....There is still a resemblance to my daughter even in that photo.

I had feared that Duane had gone to where she stayed in Gresham and left something to let her know he had been there. If he did it was not intended to frighten her...and yes, I do believe leaving money on Tina's bar was symbolic. Maybe Cooper was trying to set her free making it appear Cooper had died.

That is what I would like to believe, but I feared he had left something that frighten her although it would not have been his intentions. I still would like to know if that photo of the little girl in the book was her and if the book was hers. I did ask someone to be sure she saw the most recent photos acquired of Weber, but have never been told if they were shown to her.

If she has been shown the pics and the book - I would love to know, but I refuse to intrude into her life. It was a vow I made and I have been true to my word.

I knew I could not even ID after 25 yrs 2 classmates I had gone to school with for 12 yrs...and have always felt Tina would not recognize Cooper if he was sitting in a restuarant at the next table. Some things the mind just blocks out!

As for ALICE I have never spoke to her and nor to Florence either. Was not me who posted anything about the engineer and all I know about Alice is what Cook & Gray told me and what has been said on this thread.

I have pictures of the crew in my old files but not on the computer other than a photo of Tina. All of these yrs one person begged me to have Tina call her - but I was afraid this person would never leave her alone....so I kept what was provided to me by RobbieClampett to myself!

I am able to keep SECRETS! Especially when it is girl that even as age had progressed still reminds me of my daughter...then and now.

Thanks for posting that photo! :)

I took a piece of wood (pine) about 3" x 6" and applied stain to it along with a clear coating, and glue for evaluation. it's not stain on the back of the piece of wood. I only used a toothpick to apply it with. very small area. hopefully you won't add that it is stain from the already troubled piece of evidence, or that Kenny also stained the cabinets.

see photo....B|

Jo, I believe smoke99 posted that pic....

mrshutter45

Flight Engineer (and now Captain) Andy Anderson and Alice Hancock are both still alive. That is what I hear from Galen. He says he has spoken to both of them at length, and Alice agreed to help Galen make contact with Tina.

Alas, Tina rebuffed Alice, according to Galen.

Galen has also asked me to respect his position pitching his book and his investment in finding these two indivuduals. As a result, he has not given me the contact information for them, and I have been unable to find either one of them on my own.

As for a raging recluse. Tina is unique. She is quite selective on who, when and where she rages. She slammed the front door three times when I visisted her in July 2011. To me, one door slam is anger, two is totally pissed off, three is rage.

In addition, I never felt that Tina's anger was directed towards me personally or directly. Rather, I felt she was angry at something else and I simply triggered the association. She didn't make eye contact with me at all when she slammed the door, nor did she ever hurl any epithets towards me. The rage was quite contained. No f-bombs at all, nor any shouting. In fact, no words at all, once she asked me to leave.

Thanks for the picture of Tina, Smokin99. So that is what she looks like when she smiles. Wow.

BruceSmith

Flight Engineer (and now Captain) Andy Anderson and Alice Hancock are both still alive. That is what I hear from Galen. He says he has spoken to both of them at length, and Alice agreed to help Galen make contact with Tina.

Alas, Tina rebuffed Alice, according to Galen.

Galen has also asked me to respect his position pitching his book and his investment in finding these two indivuduals. As a result, he has not given me the contact information for them, and I have been unable to find either one of them on my own.

As for a raging recluse. Tina is unique. She is quite selective on who, when and where she rages. She slammed the front door three times when I visisted her in July 2011. To me, one door slam is anger, two is totally pissed off, three is rage.

In addition, I never felt that Tina's anger was directed towards me personally or directly. Rather, I felt she was angry at something else and I simply triggered the association. She didn't make eye contact with me at all when she slammed the door, nor did she ever hurl any epithets towards me. The rage was quite contained. No f-bombs at all, nor any shouting. In fact, no words at all, once she asked me to leave.

Thanks for the picture of Tina, Smokin99. So that is what she looks like when she smiles. Wow.

Thanks Bruce. did either of them comment about the case that you know of. I don't recall reading anything?

Robert99

I think the search is what keeps some of you coming back night after night. What did we MISS? What did the FBI Miss or is Cooper buried in the deep forest - or maybe the pilot went right over Mt St. Helens making turnes and trying to get Cooper off those stairs. That plane did make a lot of turns and the reports from the ground were just as bad as the related flight maps.

Nah - Even the co-pilot was uncertain of his location at time or is there a way that information could have been altered. We have those missing minutes - the missing minutes the authority claim the FLIGHT path covers and Cooper was here and not here or there.

Jo, We have been over this dozens of times before. And you are one of the first people to deny everything if it doesn't fit into you scenario for Duane being Cooper - which he was not!

In reality, the hijacked airliner was under radar coverage from the Air Traffic Control people during its entire flight from Seattle to Reno. These are the people who were responsible for keeping the airliner from running into mountains and/or other airplanes. This is a civilian operated radar system and air traffic control system.

There is no need for a military operated radar system to be involved in this exercise. And there is no realistic reason for believing that a military system was involved.

In actual fact, the only missing minutes in the airliner's flight path were deliberately removed from the records so that the flight path could not be determined. Efforts have been underway for some time to get the complete flight path records.

There is no law enforcement or legal reason for not revealing the actual contents of the radio communications between the airliner and the Seattle Air Traffic Control Center and the phone conversations between the responsible controllers. This information has already been released in its entirety for the communications between the airliner and the Oakland Air Traffic Control Center and its controllers.

The above radio communications were broadcast on public radio frequencies that could be, and probably were in this instance, monitored by anyone who cared to do so.

The communications between the airliner that were patched to the NWA Operations Center in Minneapolis, plus probably other locations, were over the Aeronautical Radio Corporation (ARINC) frequencies which are an entirely different radio network.

After 42+ years of no real progress, the Cooper hijacking is going to remain unresolved until the un-redacted version of the Seattle ATC transcripts are released.

Wild-eyed speculations by various people trying to generate support for their "favorite Cooper candidate" are utter nonsense. And unfortunately, Jo you are one of the worst posters on this thread for that type of activity.

Robert99

:)
Does it mean I give up - no way!
But I am more at peace with the complete situation than I have been in the past!

:(The flight path thing - frankly I had a very hard time trying to figure out what you intended and if you were working the right material.

:oI based things about the flight from the things witnesses reported and these witnessess still stand by their original reports...they put the flight further EAST than was was reported - the sound of the plane and as the plane passed over.

The maps of the search area (
RECENTLY POSTED) are dead on with what I was told about the possible points Cooper landed and those maps agree with the areas I have talked about....and what I found in 2010!

I was behind the wheel of the car and on my own with no one in my face or distracting me and I found most of what he showed me in 1979.

YOU made it sound like the Plane was more toward the Interstate and to the West and that is NOT what the SEARCH area outlined on the maps used by the men on the ground looking for Cooper indicated. THINK like a woman for just a few moments - one who knows nothing about flight paths.

The flight path means nothing to me - the places on the ground are what I care about.

When these guys put that photo up and the marked maps use by the search teams - it was like a breath of fresh air! The authorities were right ON top of Cooper. To hell with flight maps - all I needed was the possible landing zones for Cooper and where the wind took him.

Pictures and marked Maps and witnesses reports. Does your information CONTRADICT the map recently posted indicating the possible land zone for Cooper?

Evidently YOU do NOT understand where the locations are that I pointed out on my trip to WA in 2010. EVERYONE of them were right on with the marked map the searcher used on the ground. to HELL with were the plane was - it was about where Cooper landed for me!

It was about the place he took me and the things he told me. Hell I didn't know where he landed - just the places he got to after he got on the ground. I guess I need to obtain a map that overlays the seaarch area map (with roads and towers and towns) and then mark the places Duane took me w/ the statements he made in regard to those places.

He was moving and he was moving fast. Sure I even tried to put Cooper further North because of one of the sitings, but there is only the word of one man who I never met regarding that siting on the North side of the Lewis and West of St. Helen. It was a stretch, and the explanations for it made sense, but NOT a place Duane took me to. I went by the places Duane took me and what he pointed out to me - Duane did NOT take me North of the Lewis or the lakes or the Dams.

Maybe someone needs to send me black and white map with towns on it and roads and towers.
I will mark it with highligters and send it back - then you will understand what I mean. I did NOT realize how DEAD on it all was until I saw the SEARCH map on the thread. The most important point is the tower (which was not there in 1979 or in 2010) which I think was a lumber tower - and the tracks are there and it was not from from Heisson. I can tell you guys a little story about the Heisson store and something NO ONE ever told anyone - but the problem is unless the FBI documented or the prior owner told the FBI - then it doesn't mean anything. JUST my word which does NOT mean a damn thing!

smokin99

Though a caveat - my info is dated a year after Bruce's articles and pics of Tina - I did not get the sense that Tina is a raging recluse.

Though she did leave some pretty major details out (nothing about the hijacking, the 73 marriage or the 77 divorce, Gresham, or the convent) - apparently she does not define herself by the past :)
She picks up 13 years later where she enters the healthcare field as a entry level caregiver while also gaining education in the social services/mental health field - a career that she has today and "appears" to be quite satisfied with.

You know I'd be lying if I said I didn't have mixed thoughts about Tina - the part that she played in all of this, the whole life-under-the-radar persona, the nun thing, and the universal "hands-off" approach almost since the beginning. I'll admit the cynical part of me says there is more than meets the eye, but in the end - I think that she is probably mischaracterized on this forum a lot.

If we take the hijacking at face value, she displayed a remarkable sense of poise in the post-interviews and, by all accounts, displayed immense calm and bravery during the actual event. Remember - she was all of what, 22 years old.

Furthermore - NONE of us have any idea of what her life was like apart from the Cooper incident -- or what other events might have led to a crisis or reorganization of life. Cooper might have been a mere footnote to other events in her life. If her story is true, she worked for NW for another 10 years after the hijacking.
But because she didn't seek the limelight or continue to want to be part of the story as others did, we assume that she cratered from the weight of Cooper. And maybe it did finally catch up to her. But really.....we don't have a clue --- we just make a whole lot of assumptions.

I don't necessarily think she is a quivering bowl of jello that needs to be protected at all costs, and I don't fault folks for requesting to interview her - hey, you might get lucky.
But the flip side of that, though frustrating I'm sure, is that she also has the right to shut the door if she perceives it as an unwanted intrusion into her life. :)

why dont you and Bob and Bruce, write a book!