47 47
quade

DB Cooper

"Lastly, within 48 hours of Cossey's examination, the Seattle FBI dismissed the chute as not being Cooper's, giving only 'silk not nylon' and 'a totality of the information' as their only answers. They also said they would no longer discuss it."

Yes, please provide the link where the FBI say's they will no longer discuss the chute. I don't recall seeing this, but would like to see it.

also, provide the proof that the FBI was the one's who came up with the Walling's theory. I seem to recall that idea was pitched to them.

what proof do you have that the chute has been in the ground for 10, 20, 30, 40+ years.

Now, with all of your mysterious unexplained problems with the Amboy chute, which really was found miles away from Amboy you claimed last year you know who the people were who found the chute. why haven't you made an effort to contact them vs smearing unproven facts about the chute all over the internet?

once you regain access into your website (*laughs*) it seems you have even more things to correct on your website. B|

I will admit there seems to be some mystery around the chute, but I think it's possible that the FBI realized it wasn't Cooper's chute and simply dismissed it. I just don't believe they are covering anything up. this is a conspiracy you are creating, you realize this right? you were WRONG about Tom Kaye being denied access to the chute. what else do you think you are wrong on? I understand you expected some sort of press conference stopping all radio and television programs so they could provide all the proof needed to set the record straight, but I think they have better things to do and felt the whole thing was pointless to go any further.

I realize Cossey has come under fire with his dealings in the cooper case, what makes you think you are more experienced in what type of chute it was? do you always get several opinions about problems in real life because you don't believe what they tell you? Cossey's experience must run for miles. he was and still is a respected man in this community. why is it you don't believe him, but believe every single positive thing your witnesses told you about KC?

I understand you don't think you are starting a conspiracy, but based on the definition it seems pretty clear.

Conspiracy (civil), an agreement between persons to deceive, mislead, or defraud others of their legal rights, or to gain an unfair advantage.

August 22, 2012 you posted this"

"Well, sounds like everyone is in agreement that the Amboy chute wasn't Cooper's. I think I may even delete the Newsvine article about it."

the chute was 25 years old in 1971.....what is it you are trying to prove?

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

RobertMBlevins

These statements can be verified by news articles. Why take my word on it? Go look for yourself.

I've never said the chute was Cooper's. I have no way of knowing that. I've said the FBI's investigation into it was sloppy and their conclusions weak. I still stand by that.

You should stop whining and see if you can prove me wrong on those allegations. Otherwise, well...you know. :S

Blevins,

You claim that your statements can be verified by contradictory newspaper articles?

You claim that you never said the chute was Cooper's?

Where is your "proof" that the FBI's investigation was sloppy and their conclusions weak?

Of course you never said, or even meant to suggest, that KC was Cooper either?

Blevins, stop your own whining and see if you can prove your own allegations correct.

Robert99

Robert99

These statements can be verified by news articles. Why take my word on it? Go look for yourself.

I've never said the chute was Cooper's. I have no way of knowing that. I've said the FBI's investigation into it was sloppy and their conclusions weak. I still stand by that.

You should stop whining and see if you can prove me wrong on those allegations. Otherwise, well...you know. :S

Blevins,

You claim that your statements can be verified by contradictory newspaper articles?

You claim that you never said the chute was Cooper's?

Where is your "proof" that the FBI's investigation was sloppy and their conclusions weak?

Of course you never said, or even meant to suggest, that KC was Cooper either?

Blevins, stop your own whining and see if you can prove your own allegations correct.

Robert99

it's all speculation as usual. he makes statements all over the internet about Tom Kaye being denied access to the chute (see photo)

then he remains confident that they denied everyone as well? who from the FBI confirmed this for him?

he say's Cossey is lying about the fabric according to his findings.

I guess 48 hours was not long enough to confirm the chute wasn't Cooper's which Blevins also agree's with?

he automatically knows what condition and type the chute should be in by looking at photo's. didn't he claim other people gave conclusions over the phone about the chute calling it BS?

Lets get this straight. he wants the FBI to spend more money proving the chute was not Cooper's which Blevins already believes is not. is that right?

Really????
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

RobertMBlevins

Georger says in part:

'Excuse me, but if The reason I said the Seattle FBI has
never allowed anyone to physically examine the chute except
Cossey is because it's TRUE.' is true, then show us the
proof!...'

My God, don't you ever do your OWN research on anything? Or do you simply sit at the keyboard bitching at everyone else?

It's late here and I don't feel like digging up all the Amboy chute articles from my computer at the moment. You realize of course that I downloaded every single article I could find on the Amboy chute where a Seattle FBI spokesperson made an official statement. I even have a good idea on the timeline of events from the time it was discovered until it was dismissed.

This is because I printed up all the articles and compared them. Maybe you should try this sometime if you want answers. Why the hell should I do your own work for you? How do you think I picked up all the information for the Amboy Chute article at Newsvine?

I am asserting these things:

First, no one outside of the Seattle FBI, with the exception of Earl Cossey was allowed to examine the Amboy chute.

Second, they didn't even realize at first it had numbers and markings. And when they finally did, they first said they thought it came from a guy who bailed out months before the chute was actually manufactured.

Third, they dropped it off at their own lab for examination, but the very next day stuffed it into the trunk of a car and took it up to Cossey's.

Fourth, the only thing presented by the FBI on it after Cossey's exam was that it couldn't be Cooper's because Cossey said it was made of silk, and the one given to Cooper was nylon. This, in my humble opinion, is WRONG. Chute shows no signs of rot after (*allegedly*) being buried for decades. Silk is biodegradable. But the FBI is basing all of their results on that claim, at least publicly.

Fifth, the Citizen Sleuths on their own website have expressed an interest in examining the chute, but were never provided same. Maybe they should ask again.

Sixth, the chute was discovered in what many believe is the same area where Cooper jumped. My only question would be how many chutes do you think are buried in the Amboy/Ariel area that are obviously old?

Seventh, the Seattle FBI claimed that 'experts' from the Puget Sound area were consulted. But in several articles days later, an FBI spokesperson admitted that these experts had only been contacted by phone, and none were actually allowed to examine the chute.

Lastly, within 48 hours of Cossey's examination, the Seattle FBI dismissed the chute as not being Cooper's, giving only 'silk not nylon' and 'a totality of the information' as their only answers. They also said they would no longer discuss it.

Hey "2-Ton", call KOIN! You are ready to go! They know who
are you now. They had never heard of you before in connection
with the Cooper case or anything else.

It's free advertising for you and Gayla: housecleaning and
Cooper Investigation, noted publishers AB.

They are anxious to talk to you about your 2- tons of
'expertise' and criticism of the FBI etal in the DB Cooper case,
balanced over your head on only one finger.

Oh!

And what happened to that deadline (Jan 5?) you previously set
for people signing up for 'Cooper in the Theatre' at Auburn?
How did that drop off the radar after so much publicity
announced here ?

Be sure to cover that - in your KOIN News Conference!

break a leg

Will you be jumping the Grand Canyon next?

:D

"And you guys call yourselves 'Cooper Investigators'. What a joke. Suppose the Seattle FBI called a press conference and then told the media they had established that Kenny Christiansen was Cooper 'by the totality of the evidence' and that they would no longer discuss it, case closed. What would you do then? I can tell you exactly."

more speculation I see B|

mrshutter45

"And you guys call yourselves 'Cooper Investigators'. What a joke. Suppose the Seattle FBI called a press conference and then told the media they had established that Kenny Christiansen was Cooper 'by the totality of the evidence' and that they would no longer discuss it, case closed. What would you do then? I can tell you exactly."

more speculation I see B|

Blevins would have an instant TWO-TON NEWS CONFERENCE
FROM THE AB Books.

That's what!

:)

skyjack71

How Many PM's have I ever sent you - now be very careful - I save them all[:/]

Jo' PS or Corrections to post I SUPPOSEDLY made - MatthewCline inserted something into my post I did NOT say! I have removed it as I would NOT want anyone to think I said that!

Nice conspiracy, but I made my comments in bold if they happened to be in a post you made, that I quoted your entire posts. I don't expect your apology, but would accept it.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

" "The F-106 drivers never saw him,'' Rataczak said. "It was blacker than the ace of spades out there. They just saw a flash of light from us and then he just vanished..." (my underline) "

Is there a debrief of those F-106 drivers available?

This quote alone, an expert, discussing experts, refutes the "seen from the ground" stories, aside from real world experiences of course.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

"‘The Amboy parachute was not available during the inspection"

If the chute turned out not to be part of the crime, why would they keep it? you acting as if they were suppose to show every single piece of evidence as a law. "inspection"? really. I think they offered people to look over the evidence. it wasn't a trial for crying out loud.

You keep claiming the FBI screwed up. how about all the screw ups you have on your site. fix'em yet? didn't think so.

I'm done arguing with you. you believe the chute was Cooper's and Kenny left it there half in the ground......got it.

Good Luck in you truth seeking.....

I'm sure you will have all kinds of smart remarks to follow this....B|

Added

"Did you know that Robbie Burroughs gave the media TWO different conclusions on the same day in several articles?"

"'FBI Agent Robert A. Burroughs in Seattle said Monday that agents had not ruled out the possibility that the chute was from Cooper.

"We haven't made a determination one way or the other yet," Burroughs said. "We're still in the process of finishing up what investigative steps we think are necessary to feel certain about calling it one way or the other."

the first part is about if the chute belonged to Cooper. the second is about the Walings chute if not mistaken.

what do you jumpers think about Roberts evaluation of Cossey?

"It will take me a while sort all of this out. But I will tell you one thing right now. I don't believe Cossey ever had the capability, the proper information, or the knowledge to identify the chute...mainly because his claim of ownership is bogus. It's no surprise that he looked at it for only a few seconds and then wrote it off with a flimsy silk-not-nylon story."

Cossey has been in the biz how long?

RobertMBlevins

***carry on....

To quote a 60's reference, that's a cop-out.

Here's what I say: You want to buy this whole scenario about the chute, the Seattle FBI, and Cossey? No problem.

Meanwhile, can I interest you in some beachfront property in Kansas? Cheap, good rates. :)

there is nothing left to say Robert. believe what you wish. do something about since you think you have it all wrapped up.

might I suggest going to your nearest FBI office. they are in the book. email me if you have any further questions.

Thank You.

"He should have come up with something like 'the stitching doesn't match,' 'it's way too large,' or maybe 'it's a cargo chute'. But he did not."

Robert makes Kenny look suspicious by stating he paid cash for his house and had a large sum of money at the end of his life. did he check the records to make sure there was no reason why he had that much money? did he check the records on how the house was purchased? nope. do you see where we are going?

Robert should have came up with a better story than what he claimed, but he didn't! people could say you intentionally left things out.

you like guns right? how long would it take you to notice a Beretta 9mm vs a Taurus PT99 if I put them side by side and covered the names. 5,10,20,30 seconds, an hour? by the way you are also a dealer of the Beretta and been around guns for decades.

I'm sorry Robert, but you seem to think all of this is inside a court room where things must be broken down and explained.I think they could of explained it a little better, but I don't believe it's Cooper's chute. 1946......

RobertMBlevins

I wasn't talking about Kenny....just saying. Kenny is not a parachute. Kenny isn't Earl Cossey...:)
See edited post above.

you did the very same thing you accuse Cossey of by not giving a reasonable explanation of the chute.

Kenny had property dealings prior to the crime and sold a large chunk of it before he died that could explain the large sum. you have lots of things that could easily be explained, but you didn't. no different than what you are accusing Cossey of. that's not a dig, or jab. that's the truth.

I'm not saying Cossey is perfect, but I believe he could easily ID a chute.

RobertMBlevins

I don't care about it enough to bring it up to the Seattle FBI. I merely presented some evidence on it. I've seen the conflicting statements by Cossey, his quick dismissal, his tall tales regarding ownership, and the FBI's ambigious reason why they went along. 'A totality of the information', which is pretty close to 'because we say so'. I might even go along with that myself if it all weren't based on Cossey. But with him, there is a problem. I don't see how any reasonable person can dispute that. The pictures of this chute have been public for years, but even 377, whom I consider a good expert on these things, can't tell much about it for sure. And the Seattle FBI said they only consulted their so-called experts by phone ONLY. They didn't even get a picture.

I'm sure Cossey was a nice guy, a great teacher, etc. But it seems he perpetuated a little white lie that went on for decades, and he enjoyed the media attention. But when push came to shove and the FBI showed up at his door with something solid, he took the easy way out in ten seconds:

'It can't be Cooper's. This one is silk and the one I gave Cooper was nylon...'

The problem is he didn't own it, nor did he even provide it. That was done by the true owner, Norman Hayden. In addition, it's very unlikely the Amboy chute is actually made of silk. He should have come up with something like 'the stitching doesn't match,' 'it's way too large,' or maybe 'it's a cargo chute'. But he did not.

If after all of that, people choose to believe that the Amboy chute was truly accounted for, and was not used by Cooper, then I challenge them to find a single solid reason that supports that opinion. Norman Hayden says that he purchased that used military chute about 1968, and there is no way to tell how OLD the canopy inside actually was when he purchased it. Twenty-three years old? Maybe, maybe not. But it's hard to tell.

Note: Over at eBay I did a quick check and discovered all kinds of NB-6, NB-8's, and other military rigs for sale. The ones running about $900 and up are fully certified. Some went back as far as the Korean War. That's sixty years. I'm beginning to think that a twenty-three year old canopy in an NB-6 (or 8, possibly) could easily have been sold to Norman Hayden in 1968, and then certified by Cossey on a re-pack. If you compare those dates to today, it would be like purchasing a used military rig from say...1990.

(I think this particular question should be addressed by skydivers more than yours truly, though. I have read postings from skydivers saying they've jumped 40-year-old military rigs, but they made sure they had a good reserve.)

Robert,
Where did you get the idea that Cooper was given a 25 year old chute? If you don't think so, why was the FBI wrong to disqualify the Amboy chute?

lets talk about how things are told today. who's chute is sitting in the property room of the FBI with his name on it? did Hayden own the reserves as well? is it fair to say Cooper jumped with one of Cossey's chutes, or can you prove he threw it away?

I think it's probably safe to say that it's possible Cooper jumped with one of Hayden's chutes, and one of Cossey's.

I also read every article I could find about the chute and Blevins is either confused, misleading, or misreading.

The FBI clearly says that Cossey was not the only expert.
They have NEVER said that no one else was allowed to examine it - that is something that Blevins made up - see sentence above.
They also reported to have based their conclusions on other evidence besides visual examination. No they didn't tell the general public what this was - just like they are not telling everything about other investigations. Blevins is unable to prove a negative so he streams a lot of articles together and is misleading on some of them because the time of the actual article might have nil to do with the actual timeframe that it occurred.

Ego-stroking statements by a man (Cossey) who, just like the co-pilot, seems to have gained a greater role in the saga over the years with each re-telling, should not be confusing this issue.
The scenario that Cossey is trying to save face or his reputation on a case that he would still be giving interviews about if alive is laughable.
How clearly do I have to say that other than us diehards - and maybe a couple of hundred/thousand people with a little more than a passing interest in the case - and the occasional whatever happened to db cooper news report, no one else gives a damn. It's a fact that whether he owned the chutes or not, from all reports he was the packer and would still be the guy all the reporters call had he not been killed in his garage. It's silly to imagine otherwise.

Blevins might need to keep digging for articles because this is not the first parachute that has ever been found in that area, and more than that, this is not the first buried parachute that has been found in the jump area and reported to having possibly belonged to Cooper. But reporting on the whole story is way too unbiased for some Cooper addicts. They'd much rather have you think that they are the smartest people in the room.

And finally a bit of non-Cooper logic....From a comment by commenter Dick Thurston on an article at Bruce Smith's site - Mountain News:
http://themountainnewswa.net/2012/05/14/the-hunt-for-db-cooper-looking-for-the-amboy-chute/#comments

"Bruce, I worked at McChord AFB for over 20 years. One of my jobs was checking out reports of old plane crashes. I can tell you that finding an old parachute almost anywhere in Washington state means very little. the 62 MAW which is stationed at McChord has conducted cargo and personnel parachute drops all over the Pacfific Northwest for 50 years. It is not at all unusual to have a cargo chute separate from its cargo and drift for miles in an unexpected direction. And reports of old crashes are often inaccurate. I have investigated wreckage sightings and found aircraft several miles from their map positions. And when you factor in the number of skydiving clubs in the area, I am surprised that you can walk a mile in any rural area without tripping over an old parachute."

:)

but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

I think now after all of this back and forth. we can confirm you are now stating a Conspiracy anyway you look at it.

well said. I agree very little people care or follow the case. unless you are Robert who receives hundreds of emails a month looking for guidance lol.

he did mix two different stories into one. as for "either confused, misleading, or misreading."

I go with...all the above.

mrshutter45

I think now after all of this back and forth. we can confirm you are now stating a Conspiracy anyway you look at it.

Perhaps Blevins is not aware that parachute riggers keep a log book of their own about the emergency parachutes they pack. If Cossey had the parachute serial number by itself, he could easily check his packing log books.

Blevins also does not seem to be aware of the unusual construction features of the 26 foot conical canopy that was used in NB-6 parachutes that were in use in 1971.

By sheer coincidence, I personally owned an NB-6 until about the first of November 1971. If a canopy of that era was presented to me today, I could tell in less than 10 seconds if it was a POSSIBLE 26 foot conical canopy from an NB-6. Only a casual glance would be necessary to exclude it.

Blevins, do you know what was unusual about the construction of the 26 foot conical canopies that were used in NB-6s?

Robert99

Lastly, within 48 hours of Cossey's examination, the Seattle FBI dismissed the chute as not being Cooper's, giving only 'silk not nylon' and 'a totality of the information' as their only answers. They also said they would no longer discuss it.

:oYOU mean they won't argue with you on this issue! Why would they have to discuss it - The amboy Chute was not one of the 2 front chutes provided to Cooper...they have proven that. At least to my satisfaction & others who know what they are talking about.

It is WHUFFOs like U & myself who created this Chute monster...but, it seems simple now. If I tried to explain it I would screw it all up - again! ;)

Accept this one statement - 2 chutes were provided to Cooper & they were identical except for the container.

That ONE sentence is REAL easy to understand!

MY question - WHAT the hell happened to the dummy and what was in it? Now that one has not been answered.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

MarkBennett

***I don't care about it enough to bring it up to the Seattle FBI. I merely presented some evidence on it. I've seen the conflicting statements by Cossey, his quick dismissal, his tall tales regarding ownership, and the FBI's ambigious reason why they went along. 'A totality of the information', which is pretty close to 'because we say so'. I might even go along with that myself if it all weren't based on Cossey. But with him, there is a problem. I don't see how any reasonable person can dispute that. The pictures of this chute have been public for years, but even 377, whom I consider a good expert on these things, can't tell much about it for sure. And the Seattle FBI said they only consulted their so-called experts by phone ONLY. They didn't even get a picture.

I'm sure Cossey was a nice guy, a great teacher, etc. But it seems he perpetuated a little white lie that went on for decades, and he enjoyed the media attention. But when push came to shove and the FBI showed up at his door with something solid, he took the easy way out in ten seconds:

'It can't be Cooper's. This one is silk and the one I gave Cooper was nylon...'

The problem is he didn't own it, nor did he even provide it. That was done by the true owner, Norman Hayden. In addition, it's very unlikely the Amboy chute is actually made of silk. He should have come up with something like 'the stitching doesn't match,' 'it's way too large,' or maybe 'it's a cargo chute'. But he did not.

If after all of that, people choose to believe that the Amboy chute was truly accounted for, and was not used by Cooper, then I challenge them to find a single solid reason that supports that opinion. Norman Hayden says that he purchased that used military chute about 1968, and there is no way to tell how OLD the canopy inside actually was when he purchased it. Twenty-three years old? Maybe, maybe not. But it's hard to tell.

Note: Over at eBay I did a quick check and discovered all kinds of NB-6, NB-8's, and other military rigs for sale. The ones running about $900 and up are fully certified. Some went back as far as the Korean War. That's sixty years. I'm beginning to think that a twenty-three year old canopy in an NB-6 (or 8, possibly) could easily have been sold to Norman Hayden in 1968, and then certified by Cossey on a re-pack. If you compare those dates to today, it would be like purchasing a used military rig from say...1990.

(I think this particular question should be addressed by skydivers more than yours truly, though. I have read postings from skydivers saying they've jumped 40-year-old military rigs, but they made sure they had a good reserve.)

Robert,
Where did you get the idea that Cooper was given a 25 year old chute? If you don't think so, why was the FBI wrong to disqualify the Amboy chute?***

The Amboy chute was a plant as a result of the sale of the first 20 dollar bill by B I the story fell apart
DB Cooper into the Funnel of Darkness the movie starring Nicolas Cage, Jennifer Anniston and Woody Harrellson... a Jerry Bruckheimer film

Written by Paul Geivett

matthewcline

How Many PM's have I ever sent you - now be very careful - I save them all[:/]

Jo' PS or Corrections to post I SUPPOSEDLY made - MatthewCline inserted something into my post I did NOT say! I have removed it as I would NOT want anyone to think I said that!

Nice conspiracy, but I made my comments in bold if they happened to be in a post you made, that I quoted your entire posts. I don't expect your apology, but would accept it.

Matt

GO BACK AND LOOK AT THE POST I HAD TO REMOVE "YOUR STATEMENT" FROM! NO APOLOGY AT ALL - I KNOW WHAT YOU DID! IT WAS JUST THE FIRST ONE I CORRECTED!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber