47 47
quade

DB Cooper

georger

***From my retired smoke jumper friend:

Mark,
Nice to see a civil discussion, and Sheridan surfacing again.
Something you are aware of but maybe not the board in general is that ...
- Sheridan was in SE Asia during the time the 727 was being "jumped".
- Air Asia purchased 3 727's from Boeing in the mid 1960's,
N5055, N5093 and N5092.
- one would think that SAT 727 N5092 as posted by mrshutter45, post #44529, was in Saigon when Sheridan was. That photo was taken at Nha Trang in 1968.
Certainly this one was,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/aodcurator/4059675378/
- Sheridan worked for Pacific Architects and Engineers (PA&E) in Cu Chi, 1966 - 1967.
PA&E was owned by Pacific Corp, a holding company that also “owned” AA, Air Asia, SAT among others, i.e.. a CIA front.

Pretty good detective work on the 727.

Pretty lofty stuff!

Could fall under the same heading as: interdimensional
beings

Why would you opt for becoming an interdimensional being
hijacker
when all you have to do is give Howard Hughes or
the New York Times a call, and sell a few interdimensional
trade secrets
? Hell the CIA would pay a fortune for these!
Easy money. Then you could BUY Tibet vs. housing your
family in a mud hut in it!

If money was all the hijacking was about.

Woo woo. Woo woo. Chuck Barris call home! The mice are lose
in the attic AGAIN! Strange sounds in the bell tower again.
Sheridan is the devil. Sheridan is the devil. The DB Cooper
Hijacking had its roots in CIA activity in South East Asia

And by 1980 inflation would reduce that paultry $200k ranson
to barely enough to finance a wedding or pay for burying the
family pet or Grandpa ... which shows terrible financial planning
on the hijacker's part!

Sheridan is the devil. Sheridan is the devil.

that would be this pic.....

http://www.utdallas.edu/library/specialcollections/hac/cataam/Leeker/aircraft/jets.pdf
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

1966 - 1967.
PA&E was owned by Pacific Corp, a holding company that also “owned” AA, Air Asia, SAT among others, i.e.. a CIA front.

Anyone remember a dumb broad telling you 2 of the Boeings were purchase by an organizations in FL and TX.

I do not even remember the details on this now - not even the yrs. This has dragged on for 17 yrs now. You guys are probably not even referencing JMWave, but I do know Duane had connections to JMWave (he pointed out the place the office used to be and spoke about the GUYS).., FL and the TX connections (you know this Georger). I stated it before and I restate it. Hell, the research on that was filed away yrs ago and I have NO idea where to even find it in all of the mess.

Yes, Georger I also know that a LOT of thing related came out of TX.
Ed Huran, John Collins, Tommy Gunn and Tony Wong! The paintings that Tony did of a compound - one designed to keep others out and not anyone in - was very significant. Looked very very much Like the picture of the Compound shown in the magazine Soldier of Fortune with the picture of the guy with a barrel between his legs. The only thing Duane left in a safe deposite box which I had NO knowledge of until after his death - That stupid magazine, but there had been more!

The magazine he showed me in the very beginning before the shop was robbed was the very same story & pictures - he showed me in the magazine in 1990. Then in 1995 after he died was a 1994 issue with the same story in it and the same pictures.

Remember the shop was robbed in early 1990 after Duane made his little trip to Omaha to retrive whatever it was he kept in the Box. He immediately went to the workshop and looked behind the door - and said "Damn they got it". He never told me what IT was. Some one wanted what he had behind that door badly enough to scale the back wall and pull the window unit out. NOTHING else in the shop was disturbed! Duane did NOT contact the police.

Stange way to commit a burgulary and some old glass was NOT the bounty he was after!

Stange the way Jo puts little messages meant only for certain individuals to understand with in the text of a post!

Georger knows what the message is hidden in the text! Oh! I forgot you might not have KNOWN their real names - you were just the pen pusher for the Front!

Strange the way YOU never react when I make these comments. I make a peep about certain other things and you go off your rocker - but when I hit the nail on the head - you never say ONE word! Everyone is gone now or almost dead - nothing left to protect other than a name and no one cares!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

From my retired smoke jumper friend:

Mark,
Nice to see a civil discussion, and Sheridan surfacing again.
Something you are aware of but maybe not the board in general is that ...
- Sheridan was in SE Asia during the time the 727 was being "jumped".
- Air Asia purchased 3 727's from Boeing in the mid 1960's,
N5055, N5093 and N5092.
- one would think that SAT 727 N5092 as posted by mrshutter45, post #44529, was in Saigon when Sheridan was. That photo was taken at Nha Trang in 1968.
Certainly this one was,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/aodcurator/4059675378/
- Sheridan worked for Pacific Architects and Engineers (PA&E) in Cu Chi, 1966 - 1967.

Pretty good detective work on the 727.

The Paper Trail that says he was in SE Asia, is not too heavy in the "evidence" arena. That is if he did have SOG type creds. I know of a few MACVSOG folks who had paperwork showing them to be at bases in other countries, as they sneaked around a different country all together, I even know of one who attended a wedding back in the NW, but winked and said, he was in Loas, had paperwork to prove it even. But He was in the wedding photos. Strange huh?

Maybe some one has Pics of the man in SE Asia during the hijacking?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

As to point 1, it has been proven over and over, eye witness testimony is flawed at best.

Point 2, a year is a long period of time if the Doc said he was there at the time of the actual hijacking, you may have a point.

Point 3, they can still circle back if they find more evidence, a lot of times the best suspect is the right suspect, even if they move on to others, just to rule them out.

Point 4, Sheridan did a jump dressed just like this right? The order to take off with the stairs down supports your assertion he was planning on leaving quickly. I have seen people jump in wedding outfits, dress shoes and all, so he foot wear? That is no big deal.

Point 5, if he had SOF connections, easily done, at least back then.

Point 6, Correct.

Point 7, actually, if he is looking for paracord, he would know the dummy would be a poor choice. If he was sure it was an all "on the main" ride, he didn't have a plan for the reserve anyway. He seems to have had a risk reward plan in effect.

So far, he is the only one who has the actual training, experience, and audacity. All the rest, can't even be placed in the training (confirmed at least).

Matt

matthewcline

As to point 1, it has been proven over and over, eye witness testimony is flawed at best.

Point 2, a year is a long period of time if the Doc said he was there at the time of the actual hijacking, you may have a point.

Point 3, they can still circle back if they find more evidence, a lot of times the best suspect is the right suspect, even if they move on to others, just to rule them out.

Point 4, Sheridan did a jump dressed just like this right? The order to take off with the stairs down supports your assertion he was planning on leaving quickly. I have seen people jump in wedding outfits, dress shoes and all, so he foot wear? That is no big deal.

Point 6, Correct.

Point 7, actually, if he is looking for paracord, he would know the dummy would be a poor choice. If he was sure it was an all "on the main" ride, he didn't have a plan for the reserve anyway. He seems to have had a risk reward plan in effect.

So far, he is the only one who has the actual training, experience, and audacity. All the rest, can't even be placed in the training (confirmed at least).

Matt

Sheridan is the devil. Sheridan is the devil

it has been proven over and over, eye witness testimony is flawed at best. it has been proven over and over, eye witness testimony is flawed at best.

eye witness testimony is the devil.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't lead the water
to the horse.

Close the door before it closes itself.

Mulholland Drive is on Muholland Drive.

Carnap on Carnap:
http://www.ams.org/journals/bull/1938-44-03/S0002-9904-1938-06694-3/S0002-9904-1938-06694-3.pdf

RobertMBlevins

******As to point 1, it has been proven over and over, eye witness testimony is flawed at best.

Point 6, Correct.

Matt

it has been proven over and over, eye witness testimony is flawed at best. it has been proven over and over, eye witness testimony is flawed at best.

to the horse.

Carnap on Carnap:
http://www.ams.org/journals/bull/1938-44-03/S0002-9904-1938-06694-3/S0002-9904-1938-06694-3.pdf

You said zip on the Cooper case there. It was another 'gee, look how educated and smart I am' post.

I will think of you however, every time I take a nap in my car. :S

You arent worth replying to!

georger

*********As to point 1, it has been proven over and over, eye witness testimony is flawed at best.

Point 6, Correct.

Matt

to the horse.

Carnap on Carnap:

You said zip on the Cooper case there. It was another 'gee, look how educated and smart I am' post.

I will think of you however, every time I take a nap in my car. :S

You arent worth replying to!

And yet you quoted my entire post in your childish hit on Robert.

If the childish antics could be deleted, or posters banned, this thread would be less than 1000 posts, and could have some quality information in it.

Matt

matthewcline

Point 7, He seems to have had a risk reward plan in effect.

Matt

Glad to see you and troll Blevins agree in the stereotypes above.
No surprise there! I guess novice Blevins adopted your position you have been pushing for years.

Of course yours (Blevins and yours) is the minority opinion.

At some point before too many more years pass by unaccounted for, you might bother to explain to people precisely what a risk reward plan is.

If Cooper had one, it might be nice to know what one is!

For example, if a Bonobo were handed a parachute and
convinced he was going to be pushed out of an airplane
would he display a risk reward plan ?

What is there that Cooper did that in your judgement qualfies
as a risk reward plan of the type which could only come
from massive technical training in the military ... which Bonobos
faced with an extreme threat for survival lack, do not manifest
in contrast ?

Otherwise Matt, your phrase risk reward plan has no
efficacy. You may understand what your trying to say but Im
not sure anyone else does, unless it would be another skydiver
or someone making a bunch of assumptions you never intended?

B|

georger

Matt

No surprise there! I guess novice Blevins adopted your position you have been pushing for years.

At some point before too many more years pass by unaccounted for, you might bother to explain to people precisely what a risk reward plan is.

in contrast ?

B|

For some one with such a high level of eduction, you sure do come off as immature and childish most times.

Matt

matthewcline

Matt

in contrast ?

B|

For some one with such a high level of eduction, you sure do come off as immature and childish most times.

Matt

Thanks for your come off wit more personal attack and non
reply some ie. risk reward plan I didnt think you had any
credibility of this you speak in so backward forceful credibility
there is no evidence for.

But no matter in your Good Ole Boys Club.

Save the Whales.

:S

skyjack71

This is how I feel!
:ph34r::D;):)
Just spent about 1- 1/2 hours on the phone! When the shit hits the fan - watch where you are standing!

All we can conclude from your oblique post Jo is that perhaps long phone calls elevate your mood.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

RobertMBlevins

Too much nonsense mixed in with the alleged 'points' on the case, or alleged 'answers,' which mostly consist of childish efforts to appear so much more intelligent than others.

I think what Matt was trying to say with 'risk-reward plan' was that Cooper decided NOT to take a reserve. I.E. he had no intention of doing that from the moment he got the money and the chutes. You see, no one really knows whether Cooper identified the dummy chute as a dummy or not. He didn't tell Mucklow, 'This one doesn't work.' Correct? One thing is for sure. No one saw him try to use it or attach it. But we do know one of the first things he did was to pop one of the reserves and cut cord from it. It sounds crazy to pro skydivers I'm sure, but maybe Cooper decided he might be safer jumping under those extreme circumstances with just one chute, considering the additional tie-down load. We're talking desperate here. You've gotten what you wanted. Now you have to take a chance to get away with it. Don't ANY of you ever try to put yourself into the shoes of the hijacker? I have. Think of the pressure involved here. If you land in Reno and get caught, it's either getting shot or going to prison for forty years. I haven't read anything official about it, but you have to believe the FBI was working on ways to ensure two things happened when the plane landed in Reno: Get the crew off quickly, and make sure the 727 wasn't leaving Reno. And if the bomb really WAS a fake, this could be done. Those are realistic stress factors for the hijacker.

Perhaps he figured with the weight of the money bag, the briefcase, etc he would just jump all or nothing with the main chute he selected and take his chances. The dummy chute may have just been tossed out the back after he opened the airstairs. Perhaps in anger. You just don't know. No one does. One of the small mysteries in the case is the question of the dummy chute. Since it couldn't be attached, why wasn't it discovered with the other two chutes in Reno? Why didn't he leave it on board with the others? Maybe Cooper discovered it wouldn't work after Mucklow went forward, got a bit miffed, and tossed it out. Anger?

Maybe this is what Matt meant by 'risk-reward'. Take a bigger risk, maybe get the reward. Or...he discovered the truth about the dummy chute not long before he jumped, and since he'd already popped the only working reserve he didn't really have a choice. Correct also? It isn't like he was going to stay on board, have the plane land in Reno, and then ask for another reserve. That's my take on it anyway.

Total guess: When Cooper discovered the dummy chute was a non-starter, he tossed it out the back in anger. If it was a question of getting rid of evidence, he would have tossed them ALL out. He may have even done it a couple of minutes EARLY, to possibly throw off a ground search should they find it. No one really knows, but it's weird that the dummy chute was not found with the others in Reno. Cooper was the only one who had control of it after it was delivered, and it didn't just hop down the stairs and leave the plane by itself. Someone got rid of it, since it couldn't be attached anyway. And they had a reason. I figure either anger, or a red herring. Maybe both.

'F%$k this...I'm going anyway...' ;)

"But we do know one of the first things he did was to pop one of the reserves and cut cord from it."

Satisfied now? You got your phony history, personal uninformed
speculation, and your pop at me in, all in one post versus five
long posts tonight - that's a record in economy.

As for your speaking for Matt re- "'risk-reward plan". I think
Matt has something more formal in mind than you know or can
speculate about. Matt is speaking from real credentials he has.
Matt is not just some guy who likes to write phony history and
boner editorials on Newsvine and Dropzone so he can sleep at
night.

Matt thinks he sees in Cooper's actions something formal. Matt
thinks he sees Cooper acting as someone with a lot of formal
training would act, with discipline and what Matt and military
tacticians would call - a 'risk-reward plan'. I would not be
surprised if that term is used in classes at the War College.
'Risk-reward plan'. And of course the reference here at DZ is
one Sheridan Peterson and his training and possibly his thinking
patterns in specific situations, which may or may not apply to
Mr. Cooper and what Cooper did or did not do, the night of the
hijacking.

I will wait to hear it (or not hear it) from Matt's mouth as
opposed to your guessing about it empathically as if you were
there on 11-24-71 as an expert witness ..... ?

***This is how I feel!
:ph34r::D;):)
Just spent about 1- 1/2 hours on the phone! When the shit hits the fan - watch where you are standing!

All we can conclude from your oblique post Jo is that perhaps long phone calls elevate your mood.

Nope! Not usually, but that one did.
Lots of Questions which I answered as well as I could. This thread is read by many people who do NOT post - some whose interest is more than just in passing or for entertainment.

Do anyone of you know how long it takes to READ this thread from beginning to end? I would not want to try! It has been noted that some seem to think my story changed, but this reader was able to understand where I was coming from and where I was going and that I did some exploring on the thread. If I had been someone looking for Fame and Glory - 7 yrs on this thread dealing with the drilling and games you guys have played - I would have been gone LONG ago.

The individual knows how much effort I have put into staying private and looking for the truths in the only way I could - by dealing with the likes of some of the individuals who came to the thread to play mind games and to just hear themselves talk. all the while I searched for the truth.

Skip Porteous - investigated ( even talking to me), but who knows or cares what his opinion of me was. He certainly never told me that Duane was NOT Cooper - maybe I am the reason he handed it off to Geoffrey.

Sluggo - he just could not get past his own personal opinions or perhaps there was more than meets the eye in his relationship with the Cooper case.
He did a great site, but his personal impressions got in the way of his conceptions.

Geoffrey Gray did a magazine article and a book. His book was disjointed to say the least, but he did try to uncover and expose some of the things no one else has been able to do. He ended up getting LOST in the book and took the easy way out as he was obligated to produce a finished product. Yet, he exposed facts and files and things NEVER put into the Cooper story in one place for readers to absorb the facts of the case.

Gray did introduce another generation to Cooper in a back door kind of way. The last two chapters became his escape route as the ending he wanted to write eluded conclusions....but, he actually open doors of information and bought the interest of a new generation into the realm of Cooper today.

Robert Blevins - a writer looking for a story - who jumped at the bait too quickly and found himself in over his head. Everyone was JUMPING to have the Cooper Book that ended all Cooper books.

Marla Cooper - Twisty Butt which was a name I gave her after seeing pictures and listening to her escapades in Wa to promote herself and her subject. She did MORE damage to the Cooper investigation than any wannabe writer has ever done.

All of the above transpired over the last 12 yrs, but Jo Weber was unrelenting in her search, after the FBI in 2000 caused her to take them to task. From 2000 thru 2001 - she struggle with the media, but then walked away to do it HER WAY with no resources other than a computer and her time.

Stuggling to learn more about the crime she learned what a forum was and found Unsolved Mysteries and 101. The facts of the case eluded the public and she needed to know more. In 2006 she discovered Drop Zone out of frustration - posting for information and to find anyone who knew more about the case or her husband of 17 yrs who died in 1995 after telling her "I'm Dan Coooper".

Well, I think you guys know The Rest of the Story! The skyjumpers came to her aid - providing information. Some of those who helped in the beginning never made themselves part of the fiasco that evolved over yrs. Many continued to communicate with her.

The Skydiving community really stepped in when NO one else would listen to her story or rantings as some would call them. Then came a new era of posters - those wanting to look at the mechanics of the skyjacking and the possibilities of survival. This was Sluggo and the rest of the investigative crew. A lot was learned over the yrs regarding the information available about the skyjacking and the money. Things never before discussed in an open forum to the extent it was being done.

Then came the wannabes looking for a book or for fame or to make a name for themselves. Those who used the thread to promote themselves and their wares - took away from the purpose of the thread. The thread became - a tool of self promotion and to sell their wares.

Still those looking to actually solve the case tried to continue to persue their personal goals regarding the Skyjacking.

For over 8 yrs (2006 to 2013) some serious researchers lofted and posted without ever divulging WHY they were here. Some never posted.

Some just could not past a woman who fought her battle in the thread, a woman who was fighting a battle based on her own life with a man who told her "I'm Dan Coooper". She was never dissed by Dropzone or jumpers, but by those whose interests many could NOT explain - some just unfortunate enough to get sucked in the Myths and Hype and others whose motives NO one seemed to understand.

The pendulum started to swing again toward those genuinely interested in finding resolutions to this old crime. Same old same ole stuff was being repeated over and over - but, a woman making a trip she could ill afford to Wa without the FBI having any knowledge of her being there and who was not writing a book, but trying to find personal resolutions regarding a man the FBI said was NOT Cooper continued her search - doing it her way!

The thread got the attention of REAL investigators and unbeknowest to the woman or to the thread - the Cooper story was evolving. A couple of them working right along with the thread as posters...things were NOT adding up.

Private emails & PM's of encouragement, when the end seemed impossible. One Post was the point of NO Return! Just when it seemed there was NO end in site, suddenly the anwer was staring them in the face. NO WAY! You say!

The Cooper story had come full circle one more time!

So When do We get to know the ending? When do the players come forward and take their due credits? Is Is this just another one of Jo's games?

Is it really over? Stay tuned for the lastest Cooper story!

In the mean time the FBI is scrambling to save grace or will they continue to hide the secrets of the past and to deny the truths?

Guess we will all KNOW in a couple of months! Case Closed, Case Opened? How the HELL will the FBI /and the US Government ever handle this. Absolutely NO continuality of answers to enquiries and questions.

What they are doing now is how the case was run for almost 42 yrs. We cannot expect change if we do NOT stand up for our rights! Time for full disclosure - if things have to be done out of the public eye and without disclosure, perhaps they shouldn't do them at all. The US politics gives cause for other countries NOT to trust us - it has been their own undoing!

Wars and one country against another - the TOWER of Babylon is falling again - but this time they won't go separate ways - they will destroy each other financially and citizens will turn on each other. I have seen this in part during my life time - God Forbid What the Children now being born will endure as 75 yr olds - regardless of what Nation they were born in.

Well, Cooper DID pop the other reserve and cut paracord from it, so I wouldn't call that speculation.

Jo Thinks - WHAT the F difference does it make? You nor I will ever know what made Cooper do anything he did.

The reader seems to think - Cooper actually went see Tina after the jump. I had thought that same thing myself when the ex told me she worked for a credit card company out of Ca. where Tina obtained her divorce.

Duane had plenty of time to get his stach and then get to her place and leave a little something and return to The DALLES.

It is a simple concept, only you seem to not know what it is. It isn't even a Military, or Skydiver, exclusive concept.

Of course the statement above is wrong, because you do know what it is, and just want o come off as superior to others. Your entire history of posting is nothing more than your attempts at trying to prove your superior to others, but mostly you want to be superior Robert. The envy of him must eat you up.

I fortunately, do not suffer from those feelings of inferiority.

So, moving on, if the Sheridan backers can break his alibi, he could be a viable suspect.

Matt

RobertMBlevins

Georger says in part:

'Satisfied now? You got your phony history, personal uninformed speculation, and your pop at me in, all in one post versus five long posts tonight - that's a record in economy.'

Well, Cooper DID pop the other reserve and cut paracord from it, so I wouldn't call that speculation. Pop at you? LOL that's funny. Every other post you call me a troll. Get real. As far as economy, I already told you I have other interests besides Cooper.

Non-Cooper: I have arranged with WSDOT, the mayor of Auburn, and the city's rep on these things to put up a sign about Brian Love at Main and Auburn Way. If you are from Washington, you know these signs. They say:

***'Do Not Drink and Drive in Memory of...'

I have asked them to accomplish this task before the parade. So far, everyone is willing and has offered their full support. Trust me, Georger. I have other interests besides Cooper. And this is not a race, nor it is an effort to see who is smarter. Personally, I think you're a real intelligent guy who may have been dumped behind the door when they passed out the common sense.

There you go denying and avoiding you said-did something again.

"But we do know one of the first things he did was to pop one of the reserves and cut cord from it."

It/s no biggie. We know you are perfect.

Troll on.

What other word can I use? We are denied using the proper words for things here. That is the handicap we suffer under here. We can't even describe things as they are! Once again Blevins you luck out. You are free to do and deny just about
anything.

It's your forum and the rest of us are just fucked.

matthewcline

It is a simple concept, only you seem to not know what it is. It isn't even a Military, or Skydiver, exclusive concept.

Of course the statement above is wrong, because you do know what it is, and just want o come off as superior to others. Your entire history of posting is nothing more than your attempts at trying to prove your superior to others, but mostly you want to be superior Robert. The envy of him must eat you up.

I fortunately, do not suffer from those feelings of inferiority.

So, moving on, if the Sheridan backers can break his alibi, he could be a viable suspect.

Matt

Is it biggere than a bread box and smallere than a tank?

Since the main rigs didnt have D rings to attach a reserve to, what difference does it make which reserve Cooper opened and cut up? There was no way Cooper could have used a reserve to jump unless he brought some carabiners or similar attachment hardware aboard.

Am I missing something?

Jo, I read your entire post and still am left wondering what, if any, new facts you have uncovered. You do seem to be happier and for that I am glad.

Did the FBI actually interview the physician who was present at the birth of Sheridan's daughter in Nepal? I just wonder how solid his alibi was. If the alibi was rock solid why did the FBI return and insist on a DNA test?

I bet Sheridan reads this forum. I'd love to talk to him. If the FBI has ruled him out on DNA what is he worried about? Sheridan and I share the experience of jumping in the early days of the sport and it would be fun to talk to him about his exploits. I'd be especially interested in hearing about his homemade wingsuit jumps. That was ballsy as hell back then. I have a book entitled BIRDMEN, all about batwing and wingsuit jump pioneers. It was a deadly game and many jumpers died trying new concepts. Sheridan was a true pioneer in extreme skydiving. He thought outside of the box and was apparently a fearless experimenter.

How about it Sheridan? I'm not FBI or CIA, just an old jumper like you. PM me and let's talk. I'll buy us a nice meal in Healdburg or Windsor and some good wine and we can talk about the good old days of round chutes, iron men and crazy risks.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Since the main rigs didnt have D rings to attach a reserve to, what difference does it make which reserve Cooper opened and cut up? There was no way Cooper could have used a reserve to jump unless he brought some carabiners or similar attachment hardware aboard.

Am I missing something?

How about it Sheridan? I'm not FBI or CIA, just an old jumper like you. PM me and let's talk. I'll buy us a nice meal in Healdburg or Windsor and some good wine and we can talk about the good old days of round chutes, iron men and crazy risks.

Exactly. The rest is invention and imagination.

Call him up and arrange something privately. Give details
later, or not at all! :D This forum doesn't warrant any
*special favors. Call Geoff up and discuss the details with him
and let him handle the media side.

I replied to a post someone made regarding the reserves and stated:

Jo Thinks - WHAT the F difference does it make? You nor I will ever know what made Cooper do anything he did.

The reader seems to think - Cooper actually went see Tina after the jump. I had thought that same thing myself when the ex told me she worked for a credit card company out of Ca. where Tina obtained her divorce.

Duane had plenty of time to get his stach and then get to her place and leave a little something and return to The DALLES.

I was asked WHY I ever entertained the idea that Duane knew where Tina lived in 1979. On the 1979 Sentimental Journey Duane disappeared for around 5 1/2 hours.

After he returned from is 5 1/2 hour trip alone, we continued on our trip crossing the Columbia to Hwy 14 at the OLD bridge (the name of which eludes me tonight - but it has been discussed in detail in prior postings).

I was unable now to remember if he made the statement from the West side of the river on our way to or if he mentioned it when we returned from Seattle on the OR side. He spoke of Gresham, OR he used to know someone who worked at a retirement or nursing home there - I do NOT now remember his words - but, will swear before a court of law that he made the statement. I thought nothing of it.

I now know Tina Mucklow lived in Gresham at the time of the money find in 1980. She quickly removed herself from the area & went into a convent.

When I learned this - it peaked my interest - was it sheer coincidence that she worked in a nursing home or retirement home at that time?

Later in my investigation you guys know that I spent a lot of time talking to the ex-wife from 1971. After the way the FBI approached her it took me a LONG time to win her confidence. During one of our long conversations. she told me what she did in CA. One of the things she did was work for a credit card company (some place in my notes is the name of the company). During my early relationship with Duane it was obvious he was still hung up on this woman. I told him I could not take the relationship to another level until he got her out of his system. I personally around Thanksgiving of 1977 put him on a plane to CA to see her. A relationship with a man who was still in love with his ex was NOT acceptable.

Perhaps I am connecting things that do NOT connect and the FBI is the only party who could have answered this, but they never went back to see her after the initial contact in 1997 after they were prodded into investigating Duane by me.

As some of you know - Tina obtained her divorce in CA in the same area the ex-wife lived in.
I think the ex-wife informed Duane about Tina undergoing a divorce in the area and provided him with an address in Gresham. Tina was living with her sister in CA and then moved to OR after the divorce.

Who did Duane know who lived in Gresham and is it a co-incidence that in 1979 that Tina lived there?

Did Duane Weber pay Tina a little visit in Gresham in Sept of 1979?
I had asked Mr. H if Tina had a break-in around Sept of 1979. He did NOT know or made no comment. When I found out the ex-worked for a Credit Card Company and Tina living in Gresham in 1979 - the FBI and I were NOT communicating. I was really pissed at the FBI's lack of communication (they didn't contact me and ask me the things I remembered).

They had already sent me the letter of 1998 dismissing him based on prints. I LAUNCHed my own investigation into Duane's past. I forget now how I got the ex's location or if it was in his address book. Until that letter arrived I left everything up to the FBI.

Who did Duane know in Gresham?
Did Tina have a break-in around Sept of 1979?
Did someone leave her a package and take something as a souvenier in 1979? Something she might not have missed right away.

I have suggested the Book was taken from the plane - a Book with a picture of a little girl in it who bears a striking resemblance to Tina Mucklow.

Something about that picture and that book haunt me and it will always haunt me!

Perhaps the picture of the little girl is just a girl and the Book has NOTHING to do with Tina Mucklow.

The research on the book: I did speak with the author before she died. The book was published for a church in the area Tina was from...I forget NOW the location, but It is either in this thread or in my notes. There were only 3000 copies of the book published and the author still had 2 of them. I asked her why she used Tina as the name of the little Dutch girl she had illustrated in the book?
She told me she just like the name! She was in her 90's.

Because of the date associated with this book - there was NO way it was connected to anyone who knew Duane or any of his family.

Tina was about the same age as Duane's daughter Zona would have been...ABSOLUTELY not suggesting Tina was Zona - not at all.

Tina looked enough like my own daughter who was much young to have been her sister - at least in the pictures.

Tina spent a lot of time with Cooper and told me "He was a very sad man". She had not told this to the FBI but to Jo Weber in a conversation in 2004 - yet, Ckret was brazen enough to use this as though it was his own information and not acquired by the wife of a suspect.

Actually do NOT know were this train of thought even enters into the picture, but felt I needed to again tell this part of the story. The details are in this thread someplace - remember I am starting to forget things... age and self-defense - trying to move away, but finding that very impossible with all of the STRANGE co-incidents and the recent things that have happened in the last 7 months. Especially the thing in the last few wks.

The book is probably of NO significance at all and just pure co-incident - but for some reason I cannot let go of the book with the little Dutch girl in it named Tina. It did NOT come from Duane's family because of the dates and it haunts me. The child in the picture - her image is burned into my memory.

When I tried to scan it it fell apart.
The book was water damaged.
I will again post the bad picture I have and maybe someone else will look at it with fresh eyes.

When I contacted the woman who composed the book - I did not and still do not know the family names of Tina's family or the family friends. I have all the information on the book in a file I can't even find - but I still have it.
I remember the basic information, but forget where the file is in all of this huge research. When I look for something it gets put back in the wrong box. I have so much - it has just all gotten scrambled up and now my mind is scrambling to just to keep tabs of day to day things.

No need for any feed back - just letting my mind ramble with the memories and the questions that have gone unanswered now for 41 plus yrs in the case and my own questions unanswered for over 18 yrs now.

If that book was indeed Tina's I would love to put it in her hands before I depart and tell her how sorry I am for all the grief he caused her. I also want to let her know he did become a good man.
He lived by the principles in that book and one he even quoted at times. Whatever connection she felt for him or he for her - it was one that influenced how he spent the rest of his life.

This needs to end for all of the survivors - The crew and myself and anyone else out there whose life has been altered by Cooper.

RobertMBlevins

******Georger says in part:

'Satisfied now? You got your phony history, personal uninformed speculation, and your pop at me in, all in one post versus five long posts tonight - that's a record in economy.'

Well, Cooper DID pop the other reserve and cut paracord from it, so I wouldn't call that speculation. Pop at you? LOL that's funny. Every other post you call me a troll. Get real. As far as economy, I already told you I have other interests besides Cooper.

Non-Cooper: I have arranged with WSDOT, the mayor of Auburn, and the city's rep on these things to put up a sign about Brian Love at Main and Auburn Way. If you are from Washington, you know these signs. They say:

***'Do Not Drink and Drive in Memory of...'

I have asked them to accomplish this task before the parade. So far, everyone is willing and has offered their full support. Trust me, Georger. I have other interests besides Cooper.[/url] And this is not a race, nor it is an effort to see who is smarter. Personally, I think you're a real intelligent guy who may have been dumped behind the door when they passed out the common sense.

There you go denying and avoiding you said-did something again.

It/s no biggie. We know you are perfect.

Troll on.

What other word can I use? We are denied using the proper words for things here. That is the handicap we suffer under here. We can't even describe things as they are! Once again Blevins you luck out. You are free to do and deny just about
anything.

It's your forum and the rest of us are just fucked.

Oh, please...I'm here less and less all the time, especially with my long hours working on this and that, most of it for others.

True/False: Cooper popped the one working reserve and cut cord from it. I said 'true'.

True/False: They didn't find the dummy reserve on board when the plane landed in Reno. I say true.

The only question I raised was why would Cooper get rid of the dummy chute and leave the other two aboard? He couldn't hook it up or use it anyway, right? So WHY was it not there?

Thoughts on it: I suggested he either tossed it out in anger...or, he may have tossed it out a minute or two before he jumped to serve as a red herring for searchers on the ground. But no one really knows. It's just strange they never found it on board, especially because it couldn't even be attached anyway. The lighter weight of it may be a factor here. Maybe...easier to just pick up and toss out the airstairs.

Other Stuff: Got a message from Ayn Dietrich. She forwarded my questions on the Amboy chute to Agent Eng. Her email was very nice. I thanked her and told her I had no other questions for the Seattle FBI on the Cooper case right now.

Sheridan: Good suspect in some ways, some ways bad, other is downright ugly.

The Good: He was expert enough to make such a jump with a decent chance for survival.

The Bad: If he came all the way from Tibet to do it, he certainly didn't dress the part for such a risky jump. Also, his facial features (mostly rounded) don't match the sketch REAL well, although there are some similarities.

The Ugly: Blue Eyes. Hard to get around that one. This is worse than the hazel/brown comparison on Christiansen.

No. Your statement in support of Cooper having a a 'risk-reward
plan' (ie being professionally trained) was:

"But we do know one of the first things he did was to pop one of
the reserves and cut cord from it."

one of the first things he did ... pop one of the reserves ... cut
cord from it ...

Your statement of the chronological facts you base Cooper's
alleged priorities on, is false and wrong. It did not happen the
way you say it did. THAT'S THE POINT!

It's just one more in an endless series of what Farflung pointed
out as your "making stuff up" and use of false facts to support
false arguements ... in everything from KC read Dan Cooper
comics at Shemya ... right up to your statements above ...

Facts count. Arent you the guy who has said that here to your
audience 10,000 times as a mantra?

Matt has a damned good important point! Not only Matt
but a number of people say they see traits of professional
training in Cooper's actions. Your recitation however does not
support Matt's idea. Because you can't even get the
chronological facts straight as an illustration what you say
Cooper's priorities were. Especially "if" Cooper was operating
with something as formal as a 'risk-reward plan'.

Maybe somebody else will come along and illustrate it better,
in keeping with the facts of the case. ?

Cooper's training or lack of training has been a central issue in
the Cooper case from the start. Not just in terms of the person's
planning and execution of the crime but in that person's possible
actions after the crime, if he survived. A Vita for Cooper has
been a long-sought important facet of this case, as FBI agents
discussed and actually conducted their investigation!

Your case for KC even used the argument that Kenny had been
formally trained as a parachute jumper!

As a general premise and sometime historian of this whole
matter, I am interested in anyone showing that Cooper was
trained at all - in anything! Professionals like Farflung have been
here and evidently failed to see any clear signs of training and
professionalism in Cooper's actions.

That is the point of this whole excercise as far as I am
concerned.