47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Making a correction to last nights post so you guys will have to reference this.
I often make mistakes when I type. This one was in the YR.

When I left there is when I found the pass under the Highway. I had remembered the pass - and that we drove West to what I now know as Tena's bar. I really cannot remember what we passed to get there - but he did note things changing - do not remember anything specific. He drove past Tena's bar before circling back. I did NOT try to retrace that part because in 2001 correction - that was supposed to be 2010 I was told it had all changed. He somehow in all of this took me to an industrial area - shipping and loading and transport boats and rails. Because the Crew in 2001 drove me around - the 2 trips are co-mingled on this portion of the trip.

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Jo Stated:

"DAN COOPER DID MAKE IT AND I KNOW THIS WITH ALL OF MY HEART AND SOUL! HE TRIED TO TELL ME, BUT DUMB ME DIDN'T GET IT! I JUST DID NOT GET IT."

Sailshaw Stated:

'All you have to do is look at the prison photo (attached) of Duane and compare to the FBI sketch, and you can easily conclude that he was not DB or Dan Cooper ever. He was just pulling your leg at a bad time and has given you cause to thinks he was good for something (first time in his life he did not get caught)."

Jo States:

That is a stupid statement!
How could Duane WEBER be pulling my leg when in 1996 I DID NOT know about his extensive criminal RECORD?

Yep - first time in his life he did not get caught (stated very sarcastically). I assure you Weber commited many crimes he did not get caught for. Finding out he was a criminal many times over - explained some odd things in our marriage, but now I understand some things that had always puzzled me. I won't go into any detail with this at this time.

Statements and stories made to me by individuals from Duane's past indicate he committed crimes for which he never was arrested. I now believe that there was MORE than the one time I found him in possession of somethings - he supposedly found.

I frankly believe Duane left many victims in his wake and commited crimes for which he was never caught.

I remember his explanation about an item he said one of his employees who needed money sold to him...have a feeling the item was stolen and not something he was holding for a debt.

When you find out your husband had spent as many yrs in prison as Duane did and after 17yrs of Marriage - you start to think and remember the times things just did NOT feel right. He never stopped being a thief - he just got better and didn't get caught.

Amazon

******I knoiw you have to have heard the scorpion story... Robert.

Think of the old saw....."It's in his nature"

Your Troll Rescue & CPR always werks!

Sexist to a fault, but a good First Responder.

Got anything new on DB Cooper? Was he a Gray ?

Do you spend your life in a permanent state of butt hurt... or is that just your nature.:ph34r::ph34r:

Was ist dieser Arsch weh ?

RobertMBlevins

Skyjack 71 says in part:

'Just got better and didn't get caught...'
(referring to Duane Weber's criminal history)

This does not match the evidence on Weber, which shows that he may have given up theivery as a living,
A) Because he liked you enough to stop.
B) Because he was no good at it.

Weber's extensive record is a two-edged sword. When the FBI investigated him, this means they had a fair amount of history to go on. He wasn't John Q. Never-Break-the-Law Citizen. So they probably took him seriously as a suspect when they investigated him back in the day. But they found nothing. You know they showed his picture to witnesses. You know they questioned people he knew. Nothing ever came of it. The only thing you've ever REALLY presented beyond the FBI's investigation is a supposed clerk's testimony in Portland, and a bag tossed into the river.

I think we can discount the deathbed statement that he was Dan Cooper. There are no verifiable witnesses to this statement. There are no verifiable witnesses to notes in a Cooper book, something that is mentioned by you in many old articles when you first came forward.

Christiansen's deathbed statement, 'There is something you should know, but I can't tell you...' I take with a grain of salt. My first thought was that Kenny was trying to tell his brother he was gay. What a laugh. Both Lyle and KC's nephew Bruce Christiansen set me straight. They testified the whole family knew that Kenny was gay from about the time Kenny was 16, and that there was some fear in the family that Kenny would be discovered when he enlisted in the paratroops. Back in those days, they did a DD on you for homosexuality and your life was basically ruined. If you engaged in a homosexual act in the military, you could end up in Federal prison. Obviously, he was able to keep that under wraps and serve with distinction. After the war, the first thing many employers wanted to see was your service history. What did you do, where did you serve, and how were you discharged? That was the reality of the late 40's and early 50's. It was a big risk for Kenny to enlist, and a testament to both his bravery and his patriotism. He was READY to be one of the guys dropped in for a mainland invasion of Japan, and passed training when two out of three washed out. It's a measure of character and I believe that if the A-bomb hadn't ended the war he would have jumped with the rest.

I've been asked multiple times about MOTIVATION. That's easy. After so many years with NWA, Kenny was living in a cheap-ass apartment in Sumner, WA and was broke. Then, I think, Bernie Geestman came up with an idea. He would know. He worked for Boeing when they were developing the 727. That can be proven. We also know that at the time of the hijacking he was saddled with his sister Dawn Andrusko and her four kids. And that just five months after the hijacking she got enough cash to buy her own place in Buckley via Kenny via Geestman as Delivery Boy. She has testified to this.

Was Kenny the hijacker? Honestly, I don't know. But his letters home around the time of the hijacking definitely show he was unhappy with both his financial situation and the airline itself. An airline he had worked his ass off to support for five years on a freezing-ass rock in the Aleutian chain. He stayed longer than almost anyone did, nearly five years refueling, oiling those planes, whatever. Usual tour was 18 months or so. He quit after that, and became a telephone operator down in the South Pacific where they were testing A-bombs. But he still gave NWA a second chance, improving himself by taking purser training, and more than twenty years after he did that, he was still living like shit in a crappy little apartment down in Sumner, WA. Maybe the reason the hijacker wanted the stairs down was because he lived somewhere close to the southbound route to Portland out of SeaTac.
You think? (*smiles*)

He may or may not have been Cooper, but brother that's motivation to say you've had enough. Especially if you've got a liar and a crook and a supposed friend like Geestman shoving you from behind. ;)

The strangest thing of all is Bernard Wayne Geestman telling History Channel that he barely knew Christiansen and thought he was a dishwasher. But when he appeared on Decoded, he admitted he had been at Kenny's deathbed. We already know that when he did that, he hadn't seen Kenny in many years. I've wondered whether he just wanted to make sure Kenny wasn't going to admit to everything at the last minute. You never know.

Spielen Sie das Band wieder Sam

RobertMBlevins

Yeah, yeah. You're really smart. You speak German and stuff. Is there a point to your post?

You understand of course that there is a distinctive difference between 'how smart I am' and 'how much common sense I got,' right?

Otherwise, get real and give up the 'I'm So Much Smarter Than Everyone Else' routine. It's really tired, you know what I mean? Hate to tell you this, but you're not the only one who ever went to college...

Strange = Weird!

YOU are the ONLY one who brings it up! It's your mantra for
some personal reason

I guess that means something - in your world. Doesn't mean
squat to me!

Good luck with your personal problems, Troll.

Let's have a song!:D

Ah one and a two and a -
ah ein und dies zwei und ah -

Du, du liegst mir im Herzen
du, du liegst mir im Sinn.
Du, du machst mir viel Schmerzen,
weißt nicht wie gut ich dir bin.
Ja, ja, ja, ja, weißt nicht wie gut ich dir bin.

zo, so wie ich dich liebe
zo, so liebe auch mich.
Die, die zärtlichsten Triebe
fühl' ich allein nur für dich.
Ja, ja, ja, ja, fühl' ich allein nur für dich.

Doch, doch darf ich dir trauen
dir, dir mit leichtem Sinn?
Du, du kannst auf mich bauen
weißt ja wie gut ich dir bin!
Ja, ja, ja, ja, weißt ja wie gut ich dir bin!

Und, und wenn in der Ferne,
mir, mir dein Bild erscheint,
dann, dann wünscht ich so gerne
daß uns die Liebe vereint.
Ja, ja, ja, ja,
daß uns die Liebe vereint.

Charleen-Luisa übt mit Max Biundo für ihren nächsten großen Auftritt.
Sie muss dem guten Max immer mal wieder auf die Sprünge helfen.
Seine MaxMaxime: "Von der Jugend lernen heißt für den Rest des Lebens
lernen" erweist sich mal wieder als einzig Richtige...

B|

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Drunk Drivers suck. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Hope justice is served, if there is such a thing in a case like this.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

I'm celebrating the 4th in KY right where Jo grew up. They actually let you buy and use fireworks here. In KY the legal fireworks can only maim. You have to drive to TN to get the hard stuff that can kill.

I see the right to bear fireworks as a serious civil rights issue.
They'll get my M80s when they pry them from my cold dead hands.

Yep, right across the border, right at 24's Exit 1 in TN.
Still getting free fireworks shows!

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

georger

*********I knoiw you have to have heard the scorpion story... Robert.

Think of the old saw....."It's in his nature"

Your Troll Rescue & CPR always werks!

Sexist to a fault, but a good First Responder.

Got anything new on DB Cooper? Was he a Gray ?

Do you spend your life in a permanent state of butt hurt... or is that just your nature.:ph34r::ph34r:

Was ist dieser Arsch weh ?

I really do not care what you buy from the toy store.

mrshutter45

Charleen-Luisa übt mit Max Biundo für ihren nächsten großen Auftritt.
Sie muss dem guten Max immer mal wieder auf die Sprünge helfen.
Seine MaxMaxime: "Von der Jugend lernen heißt für den Rest des Lebens
lernen" erweist sich mal wieder als einzig Richtige...

B|

:ph34r::D

Washington State is reasonably tough on DUI Vehicular Homicide. One reason is because Auburn, WA is the original home to Mothers Against Drunk Driving. All started when a woman who had consumed a fifth of vodka plowed into several children riding their bikes. All were killed, I believe.

Really? Not saying you're wrong but ...

Origin of MADD: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothers_Against_Drunk_Driving

Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is a nonprofit
organization in the United States that seeks to stop drunk
driving, support those affected by drunk driving, prevent
underage drinking, and overall push for stricter alcohol policy.
The Irving, Texas–based organization was founded in 1980 in
California by Candice Lightner after her 13-year-old daughter
was killed by a drunk driver.[1] MADD claims that drunk driving
has been cut in half since their founding.[2]

Candace Lynne "Candy" Lightner (born May 30, 1946) is the
organizer and founding president of Mothers Against Drunk
Driving (MADD). On May 3, 1980, Lightner’s 13-year-old
daughter, Cari, was killed by a hit-and-run drunk driver at
Sunset and New York Avenues in Fair Oaks, California. The
sentence given to the repeat offender of driving while
intoxicated (DWI) outraged Lightner who then organized
Mothers Against Drunk Drivers.[1] The name was later changed to Mothers Against Drunk Driving. The object of her organization
was to raise public awareness of the serious nature of drunk
driving and to promote tough legislation against the crime.
Lightner appeared on major television shows, spoke before the
US Congress, addressed professional and business groups, and
worked for many years to change public attitudes, modify
judicial behavior, and promote tough new legislation.[2]

I will pass your post on to the Regional Manager of MADD.
She will very likely contact you and/or the City of Auburn
to check your claim out.

Why would I do that? Because a number of corporations
fund MADD. They will also be interested in your claims.
People in corporations tend to want to know to whom and
where their money is going!

>:(

In addition Mr. Blevins, your main Chapter office for MADD in
the State of Washington is at:

PO Box 46018
Seattle, WA 98146 (map)
Phone: 206.734.3205
Email: [email protected]
http://www.madd.org/local-offices/wa/

I cant find any record, so far, indicating there is a chapter
or was ever an office for MADD at Auburn, WA.

it appears you have taken this photo from KIROTV news website and didn't credit them. don't worry I won't turn you in. sorry to hear about your friend.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/taxi-driver-dies-following-crash-suv-ran-red-light/nYdzs/

Copyright on the web seems to be a difficult concept for some people to understand. But it's really simple: If you did not write or create the article, graphic, or data that you found, then you need permission from the owner before you can copy it. Remember, when you use someone's graphic, HTML, or text without permission, you are stealing, and they can take action against you. if you are using Fair Use. then you should credit the material you are using.

oh Scheiße.......
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Yeah, I was wrong about MADD, although the accident that happened up on the Auburn-Black Diamond Road with those kids on the bikes was real enough. I wasn't exactly thinking straight yesterday. Been very upset and the next Planning Committee meeting for Auburn Days will not be easy for anyone. Not only did I know Brian Love pretty well, I went to school with his adopted sister.

Maybe I just WISHED Madd had started here. My bad.

OK. Matter closed.

If you or anyone at Auburn ever wish to establish a MADD
chapter all you have to do is contact the people in the Seattle
office of MADD. In fact I believe there are at least two people
if not more at Auburn who already have a tie to the Seattle
MADD chapter.

The Seattle office of MADD runs a very strong widely recognised chapter.

Good luck to the people of Auburn in their Good Ole Days etc.

Sincerely,
G.

I can't get past the Script thing to make a post with an attachment.
I have a 1/2 page poster I made and I cannot get it to post NO matter what.
This is the 3rd post I have made in 24 hrs and I do not expect it to post with an attachement so will not try.

If this does get posted would some one let me send them by regular email the information and perhaps you can get it to post. NO ALTERATIONS - Georger I would NOT trust to to put the 1/2 page poster up at all. Would like to have done it the was Farflung did his posters were it came right up the the posting.

The only thing I have been able to do is post single photos - but this is 7 plus photos on ONE page with 600 plus K whatever all of that means. Having problems with the Script thing just trying to make an ordinary post.

Blevins wrote

Here's something Cooper-related that just came out: They're going to write in Don Draper of Mad Men as the REAL DB Cooper, no kidding. Well, it's not for sure yet, but someone put forward this theory based on supposed clues from this season or something.

That would be a hoot.

The opening graphics show a guy in a suit tumbling in a frefall that looks like a skyscraper BASE jump. Don Draper drinks whiskey and looks enough like Cooper. I can see him schmoozing Tina. The current Mad Men series ends in 68. This could work.

Anyone watch Breaking Bad. I've never met Georger but can't you see him as Hesisenberg? Just kiddin G. ;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Blevins wrote

Don Draper would make a good Cooper. The smokes, the drink, and as 377 says, definintely the schmoozing with Tina. I think we can cut him from the suspect list, though. He would have had a lighter, not matches, and even if he HAD matches he wouldn't have eaten at SkyChef beforehand to pick them up. He would have had matches from the Hilton.

Good points Robert, but if Don saw a hot babe by herself in the Sky Chef you can bet be would have dropped in. Her phone number would be on the matchbook.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

RobertMBlevins

This is a bit off-topic, but I think This Article could be one of the best regarding the recent crash in San Francisco.

Only two people were killed, thank God. Remember that. There have been many worse crashes, and you can see them here.

WARNING: It can be creepy and some are tough to listen to, or to read the transcipts. Maybe the people on board that flight got luckier than some, less lucky than others. Tell you this much. If I search out Priceline and it tells me that Asiana is the primary ticket to my destination, I'm shoveling out more money and taking another airline. I like William Shatner but I would have to say no to Asiana. :)

Blevins, Don't be so fast to knock Asiana. This type of accident has happened to most airlines. Be patient and wait for the NTSB and Asiana investigations to be completed and an actual cause determined.

Robert99

Based on what the National Transportation Safety Board and other sources have reported thus far, the pilots found themselves in the throes of an unstable approach—apparently below the proper glide path and at too low a speed—and failed to correct or abandon the approach in time. They initiated a go-around—a fairly routine maneuver, referred to by some people as an "aborted landing," in which the approach is broken off and the jet climbs away for a second attempt—but it was too late. How or why they got themselves in this position, and why they did not correct or abandon the landing sooner, remains unknown.

Reportedly, Flight 214's captain was new to the aircraft, and had accrued fewer than 50 total hours in the 777 prior to the accident. While much is being made of this, to me it's a red herring. Pilots transition from aircraft type to aircraft type all the time, and it's not uncommon for a pilot to have a limited number of hours in whichever plane he or she has most recently qualified in. But experience in a particular model and experience overall are different things. All airline pilots are highly trained and are highly experienced before they ever set foot in a jetliner cockpit.

he should have seen his Glide Slope (Glide Path) was off. should of had a cockpit warning of GS being too low?
did he realize past the point of no return to power up and go around?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/transport/2013/07/asiana_airlines_crash_stop_blaming_sfo_s_runways_and_korea_s_pilots_for.html

apparently he came in too low and slow. here is some video showing the crash...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/08/us/asiana-airlines-crash/index.html

mrshutter45

Based on what the National Transportation Safety Board and other sources have reported thus far, the pilots found themselves in the throes of an unstable approach—apparently below the proper glide path and at too low a speed—and failed to correct or abandon the approach in time. They initiated a go-around—a fairly routine maneuver, referred to by some people as an "aborted landing," in which the approach is broken off and the jet climbs away for a second attempt—but it was too late. How or why they got themselves in this position, and why they did not correct or abandon the landing sooner, remains unknown.

Reportedly, Flight 214's captain was new to the aircraft, and had accrued fewer than 50 total hours in the 777 prior to the accident. While much is being made of this, to me it's a red herring. Pilots transition from aircraft type to aircraft type all the time, and it's not uncommon for a pilot to have a limited number of hours in whichever plane he or she has most recently qualified in. But experience in a particular model and experience overall are different things. All airline pilots are highly trained and are highly experienced before they ever set foot in a jetliner cockpit.

he should have seen his Glide Slope (Glide Path) was off. should of had a cockpit warning of GS being too low?
did he realize past the point of no return to power up and go around?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/transport/2013/07/asiana_airlines_crash_stop_blaming_sfo_s_runways_and_korea_s_pilots_for.html

Shutter is correct. According to some news stories, the new Captain had 10,000 hours of flying time in modern airliners. And this was probably just an incremental upgrade, not something as drastic as going from a DC-3 to a B-777.

In addition, news stories stated that the co-pilot had 3000 hours in the B-777. There was a Supervisory Training Captain on board and he may or may not have been acting as the co-pilot on the flight. Further, there probably was at least a third pilot on board due to the 10.5 hour length of the flight from Seoul.

Other news stories indicate that the ILS system for that particular runway was inactive. Meaning that the electronic glideslope was not in use. Nevertheless, there was undoubtedly glide slope information available from the visual glide slope lights.

About 20 or 30 years ago, a stretched DC-8 crashed into a park in Portland when it ran out of fuel while checking a potential landing gear problem. Both the co-pilot and flight engineer told the captain that they were almost out of fuel but he disagreed. Ironically, the captain survived but the co-pilot and flight engineer were killed in the crash.

The investigators concluded that the other two cockpit crew members had not told the captain emphatically enough that they were running out of fuel. The FAA then went through some exercises about Cockpit Resource Management. Meaning that the crew needed to act as a team instead of having a captain and two subjects. I think this accident is going to come down to something like that.

On the matter of airline pilot training, I'll bet that Boeing has provided training to at least some Asiana pilots at the Boeing facilities in Washington state and probably has helped the airline with their own pilot training program (if they have one) in Seoul.

Robert99

RobertMBlevins

Robert99 says in part:

'Other news stories indicate that the ILS system for that particular runway was inactive...'
(San Francisco)

This cannot be good.

Blevins, As I also pointed out, in all probability the pilot had glide slope information from other equipment on that runway. And the weather looked unusually good even for San Francisco in the videos of the accident.

Robert99

Same runway approach (28), same airport (SFO). foggy though. Once they got below 300 ft they had 3/4 mile visibilty, but splashed 2.5 miles short of runway 28.

Japan Airlines Flight 2 was a flight piloted by Captain Kohei Asoh on November 22, 1968.[1] The plane was a new Douglas DC-8 named "Shiga", flying from Tokyo International Airport to San Francisco International Airport. Due to heavy fog and other factors, Asoh mistakenly landed the plane in the shallow waters of San Francisco Bay, two and a half miles short of the runway.[2][3] None of the 96 passengers or 11 crew were injured in the landing.

The passengers all evacuated the plane on lifeboats. The plane came to rest on solid ground 10 feet below the water, leaving the forward exits above the waterline. It was not severely damaged and was recovered 55 hours after the incident,[4] transported to the airport on a barge.[5] United Airlines refurbished the aircraft for service at their maintenance base at the airport, at a cost of roughly $4 million USD.[6] The aircraft was returned to JAL on March 31, 1969,[4] where it was renamed "Hidaka" and continued in service to JAL until 1983.

Japan Airlines still flies from Tokyo (Haneda) to San Francisco, today using a Boeing 777 instead of a DC-8.

Captain Asoh was a veteran pilot with roughly 10,000 hours of flight time, 1,000 of them on DC-8s. During World War II he served as a flight instructor for the Japanese military.[1] His first officer, Captain Joseph Hazen, had similar flight time, but little DC-8 experience. Captain Asoh attempted an automatic-coupled Instrument Landing System (ILS) approach, something neither of them had done before on a recorded DC-8 flight.

The cloud ceiling was 300 feet, with visibility of 3/4 of a mile, and there was little contrast between the sky and the calm waters of the bay. As a result once the plane descended below the clouds, the mistake was not recognized in time to correct it before hitting the water.

The US National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) review of the incident found that:

"the probable cause of this accident was the improper application of the prescribed procedures to execute an automatic-coupled ILS approach. This deviation from the prescribed procedures was, in part, due to a lack of familiarization and infrequent operation of the installed flight director and autopilot system."

The "Asoh defense"[edit]

Asoh, when asked by the NTSB about the landing, reportedly replied, "As you Americans say, I fucked up."[1] In his 1988 book The Abilene Paradox, author Jerry B. Harvey termed this frank acceptance of blame the "Asoh defense", and the story and term have been taken up by a number of other management theorists.[7]

A friend who flew DC 8s for JAL told me that the procedure for initiating a coupled ILS approach with the DC 8 autopilot of that era was unusual in that you had to descend slightly below the glide slope, climb into it and engage the coupler. If you tried it from above, the autopilot would not hold the glide slope.

From my retired smoke jumper friend:

Mark,
Nice to see a civil discussion, and Sheridan surfacing again.
Something you are aware of but maybe not the board in general is that ...
- Sheridan was in SE Asia during the time the 727 was being "jumped".
- Air Asia purchased 3 727's from Boeing in the mid 1960's,
N5055, N5093 and N5092.
- one would think that SAT 727 N5092 as posted by mrshutter45, post #44529, was in Saigon when Sheridan was. That photo was taken at Nha Trang in 1968.
Certainly this one was,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/aodcurator/4059675378/
- Sheridan worked for Pacific Architects and Engineers (PA&E) in Cu Chi, 1966 - 1967.
PA&E was owned by Pacific Corp, a holding company that also “owned” AA, Air Asia, SAT among others, i.e.. a CIA front.

Pretty good detective work on the 727.

From my retired smoke jumper friend:

Mark,
Nice to see a civil discussion, and Sheridan surfacing again.
Something you are aware of but maybe not the board in general is that ...
- Sheridan was in SE Asia during the time the 727 was being "jumped".
- Air Asia purchased 3 727's from Boeing in the mid 1960's,
N5055, N5093 and N5092.
- one would think that SAT 727 N5092 as posted by mrshutter45, post #44529, was in Saigon when Sheridan was. That photo was taken at Nha Trang in 1968.
Certainly this one was,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/aodcurator/4059675378/
- Sheridan worked for Pacific Architects and Engineers (PA&E) in Cu Chi, 1966 - 1967.
PA&E was owned by Pacific Corp, a holding company that also “owned” AA, Air Asia, SAT among others, i.e.. a CIA front.

Pretty good detective work on the 727.

Pretty lofty stuff!

Could fall under the same heading as: interdimensional
beings

Why would you opt for becoming an interdimensional being
hijacker
when all you have to do is give Howard Hughes or
the New York Times a call, and sell a few interdimensional
trade secrets
? Hell the CIA would pay a fortune for these!
Easy money. Then you could BUY Tibet vs. housing your
family in a mud hut in it!

If money was all the hijacking was about.

Woo woo. Woo woo. Chuck Barris call home! The mice are lose
in the attic AGAIN! Strange sounds in the bell tower again.
Sheridan is the devil. Sheridan is the devil. The DB Cooper
Hijacking had its roots in CIA activity in South East Asia

And by 1980 inflation would reduce that paultry $200k ranson
to barely enough to finance a wedding or pay for burying the
family pet or Grandpa ... which shows terrible financial planning
on the hijacker's part!

Sheridan is the devil. Sheridan is the devil.