47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Blevins:

You say:
"Amboy chute: Yeah...chances are it isn't Cooper's. I just want to know HOW they came to that determination. I mean beyond Cossey's 'silk not nylon' statements, and one agent's 'a totality of the information'. You know. Like the next question you want to ask is: What information?"

I say:
We need to look at the chute that Norn Hayden sold to the Tacoma Museum and is due to be on display August 24 to Jan 5th 2014. Possibly a photo of its manufacturing label could be compared with what we have of the Amboy chute (see attached). Norm Hayden told me the two back chutes he provided were exactly the same and were purchased by him at the same time from a surplus place on Marginal Way in Seattle. By comparing the two photos of the labels, we could determine if the Amboy chute was or was not the one used by DB.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

IN ADDITION

The tie Sheridan was wearing in the Boeing News photo (Nov 1, 1962)) looks like it could be a clip-on tie. Some of you Citizen Slewths might be able to determine if it is a clip-on. In the three photos you can compare the Boeing News photo with the FBI photo of DB's tie and the Sheridan knot/clip-on by its self.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

if anyone was to assume a cover up or conspiracy on the Amboy chute. the only reason I could see this would be some sort of publicity stunt by Carr to get the attention of the case nation wide. that's pushing the envelope as well.

here is an extreme close up of the chute. I don't know if these are considered "silk fibers" or not. second pic shows a 1944 silk chute. note the hem line seems to be on both chutes. perhaps a jumper could tell us more.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

sailshaw

IN ADDITION

The tie Sheridan was wearing in the Boeing News photo (Nov 1, 1962)) looks like it could be a clip-on tie. Some of you Citizen Slewths might be able to determine if it is a clip-on. In the three photos you can compare the Boeing News photo with the FBI photo of DB's tie and the Sheridan knot/clip-on by its self.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

unfortunately the tie in the photo is not a clip on. you can see the tie starting to go around the collar of the neck. the knot also appears to be smaller. I didn't show it in this pic, but he is not wearing a tie clip either.

added...

I have read parts of the thread going way back into it, but missed this part about Carr explaining the "dummy" chute. this blows a hole in BK's little scam as well.

March 29, 2008
The agent who originally interviewed Cossey mistakenly reported it was sewn shut. it was not sewn shut, the canopy was cut in half and the panels then sewn together. This was done so that when students practiced deploying the emergency canopy they could easily gather it and quickly stuff it back in the container for another practice throw.

Anyone with any amount of experience would have know the x's on the container meant, "you might not want to use this one when jumping out of a plane." Also, when he picked it up it would have been very obvious, if you have any amount of experience, (by that I mean how tight containers are packed) that something was wrong because it would have been "squishy" (not my word but from someone who would know what the belly reserve would have felt like). If he deployed it, it would have been like one of those guns you pull the trigger and a flag comes out of the barrel that says, "bang."
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

here Carr seems to be following the advise of Rataczak's time of 10-15 minutes after the last contact of Cooper at 8:05. this also confirms my time frames of 8:15-8:20. this puts him over the Portland area and a whole lot of water pockets that can follow into the Columbia, or through flooding in 77 that could also move the money. it's only a theory, but not as crazy as I have seen in the past. it is right up the alley I have been looking at myself. this helps conclude I'm not that crazy either B| but could also show that two people are crazy ;)

here is what Carr explains:

He jumps and the pressure bump is felt by the crew, but not at 8:11 more around 8:15 to 8:20. The bag of money Cooper tied to him is instantly ripped from his waist as he tumbles. Cooper, not expecting the forces of the jump, desperately tries to pull the handle but he can't find it, panics and no pulls.

The theory on the money and it's discovery by natural means in 1980 go here and I do believe it is the most solid.

Now what?

We have to find the farthest northwest location that the bag could have landed and emptied into the Washougal Water Shed, keeping in mind the 77 flood.

next we have to drop a canvass bag of money from 10,000 feet and see how far it travels under conditions. Then we have to take that data and extrapolate it to 11/24/71.

With these two items we can find a new flight path and location of the pressure bump. With that, we can come up with a new AB line and if cooper did a no pull locate his resting place at the new point A.

To find out who he was, we need a list of all who served on flight crews out of McChord from 46 to 51. I think we can rule out pilots, even if they were not jumpers they have to much awareness of the forces at play and would have thought better of the jump or did it like McCoy.

Once we have that list, find all from 5'10 to 6'1 brown hair, brown eyes. Then a quick background, if they were alive after 11/71 they can be ruled out. If they disappeared after 1971 then we have a suspect.

The first part is do-able, the second will take some huge effort and the cooperation of those who have other things to worry about right now.

mrshutter45

if anyone was to assume a cover up or conspiracy on the Amboy chute. the only reason I could see this would be some sort of publicity stunt by Carr to get the attention of the case nation wide. that's pushing the envelope as well.

here is an extreme close up of the chute. I don't know if these are considered "silk fibers" or not. second pic shows a 1944 silk chute. note the hem line seems to be on both chutes. perhaps a jumper could tell us more.

Yepper. That;s silk!

:D:D:D

We have to find the farthest northwest location that the bag could have landed and emptied into the Washougal Water Shed, keeping in mind the 77 flood.

I think you mean 79 flood. If it's the Palmer Report you're
thinking of ...

Worst drought in decades hit the area going into '79. Ended
abruptly in Dec 79. By early Jan 80, some Washougal tributaries
were 10 feet out of their banks. The citation in the Palmer
Report is that in order for the Washougal to have been involved,
the money or its bag would have had to have been within 10ft
of some tributary... in order to have been carried down the
Washougal.. where as we know from JT and Blevins tests, things
from the Washougal do wind up on Tina Bar ... precisely where
the money and Tina childhood photos and photos from buDop
all wind up ... just waiting for Ingram to build a fire.

This discounts interdimensional teletransportation via the
Maldum Fornax Vector Diode according to Bruce Smith who runs
Mountain Hi News ... not to be confused with RobertMBlevins
Adventure Books Trolling Newsvine News!

Any new Cooper Cult news?

B|

georger

thinking of ...

B|

I was taking the date from what Carr said in his post. I forgot it was 79. is any pictures of Portland/Vancouver around showing the flooding?

mrshutter45

***We have to find the farthest northwest location that the bag could have landed and emptied into the Washougal Water Shed, keeping in mind the 77 flood.

thinking of ...

B|

I was taking the date from what Carr said in his post. I forgot it was 79. is any pictures of Portland/Vancouver around showing the flooding?

When Aaron and I parted the waters we didn't take any photos.
Yea I know. History and Tom Kaye are really pissed!

:o

COLUMBIA FLOOD OF 1977 -

A drought that had plagued the Pacific Northwest throughout the year was broken with November and December storms. The storms caused large amounts of rain and flooding in three separate events during the 2 months. Twelve Washington counties were declared Federal disaster areas (Washington State Department of Community, Trade and Economy, 1995) (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 1978c). Northern Washington was affected by the December 2-3 flood, which resulted in five deaths and $14.8 million in damages. Southern Washington and northern Oregon experienced flooding on three different occasions. Flooding occurred in the Cowlitz River Basin in southwest Washingon and along the Columbia River in Oregon on November 25, December 2-3, and December 13-15. Flooding in the Willamette River Basin of Oregon occurred on November 25 and December 13-15. These floods caused $16.2 million in damages in the lower Columbia River Basin and along coastal drainages in Oregon

(U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 1978c).
Selected References for 1977

mrshutter45

COLUMBIA FLOOD OF 1977 -

A drought that had plagued the Pacific Northwest throughout the year was broken with November and December storms. The storms caused large amounts of rain and flooding in three separate events during the 2 months. Twelve Washington counties were declared Federal disaster areas (Washington State Department of Community, Trade and Economy, 1995) (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 1978c). Northern Washington was affected by the December 2-3 flood, which resulted in five deaths and $14.8 million in damages. Southern Washington and northern Oregon experienced flooding on three different occasions. Flooding occurred in the Cowlitz River Basin in southwest Washingon and along the Columbia River in Oregon on November 25, December 2-3, and December 13-15. Flooding in the Willamette River Basin of Oregon occurred on November 25 and December 13-15. These floods caused $16.2 million in damages in the lower Columbia River Basin and along coastal drainages in Oregon

let me check records -

...This discounts interdimensional teletransportation via the

Yes there is, Georger! Just when I thought I had seen or heard EVERYTHING in Cooper World, the Tacoma News Tribune announced to day that there will be a DB COOPER MUSIC FESTIVAL at a local winery called Medicine Creek. It's a beautiful site and not far from Olympia, WA, which is like a mini-Berkeley.

It's going to be on August 4th, all day. Twenty bucks gets you in. I'm looking forward to hearing the Bump Kitchen play their smash hit, "Who Ordered the Waffles!". (No joke).

The festival's tag line is: "Just give me the music and no one gets hurt." Plus, they're using Compositte B (my favorite) for their posters. What's not to love????

So c'mon by, and don't forget the opening three weeks later of the DB Cooper exhibit at the WA Historical Museum in the old Union Station in downtown Tacoma. Tommie Kaye and the boys will tell us how it is!

Remember, no funny stuff or I'll do the job, or at least I'll go looking for a real job...

Blevins wrote

Do you believe any part of Marla's story? The comics? The part where her uncle says, 'Our money troubles are over, we hijacked a plane.' Any of it? If so, which parts and why?

Talk about an optimist! LD allegedly drops the loot, can't find any of it and says "our money troubles are over" ;)

I like a guy with a positive attitude.

Marla may be short on evidence but she sure lit up the symposium.

I agree, 377. One of the most sagacious pieces of advice that I received from my father was: "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story."

mrshutter45

COLUMBIA FLOOD OF 1977 -

I misspoke. The major drought followed by flood was in 1976
to early 1977. Just as you correctly report.

There were in fact a number of reports, not just the Palmer
report. Content of those reports was the basis of my confusion.
I havent looked at them for a long time.

Palmer: said he thought the money was probably placed at Tena
Bar during the last rise in the Columbia River (Nov 1979 – Jan
1980) and certainly no more than a year. He based this on the
condition of the money (consultations) and his own observation
that the money was in the 'upper active layer' higher up on the
beachfront. He mentioned the Washougal as a possible source.

Witness No.2: Advised the only likely river source in his opinion
was the Washougal and its tributaries. He ruled out several other
sources including Lacamas Lake based on slope and hydro
records for the period 1971-80. A logical time involving the
Washougal, would have been during the December 2, 1977
Washougal flood when parts of the Washougal were approx.
ten feet over the normal winter flood stage. The money
package would have had to hae been within ten feet of a
catch tributary feeding the Washougal. He noted a velocity
of three feet per second speed of the Columbia River during
this period making a 30 mile trip to Tena Bar in approx 14.7
hours.

see attachments _

There were in fact a number of reports, not just the Palmer
report. Content of those reports was the basis of my confusion.
I havent looked at them for a long time.

You put the pictures of Moses and the tablets as your avatar and then you are on this thread stretching the truths completely out of whack! You represent WHY I walked away from the church many many yrs ago...

Palmer - indicated the money had NOT been in the Columbia or on THE BEACH for more than a yr. Palmer was on the site in 1980 after the money was found.

You have taken his words and a letter he did and twisted it to fit your own theory - which is just that theory - you were NOT on that beach in 1980 or in 1971 or in 1979.

You indicated with the statement that you are QUOTING PALMER. If he said placed that is what he meant. CAN you PROVE that PALMER indicated the WASHOUGAL AS a SOURCE? Palmer never represented the WASHOUGAL as a source!

He did state that the condition of the money indicated it had been in the upper active layer higher up on the beach. That statement has been misrepresented for a long long time and why the "report" was never made public.

Your WITNESS #2 is a complete joke and you should know that or you are a bigger idiot than he is!

Why don't you tell these guys who your NO. 2 witness is? You maybe referring to someone else, but I doubt it. The man I believe you are referencing is NOT QUALITFIED to make such statements. It has been proven the money could not have traveled from Washougal or Lacamas Lake and have been found on the beach in the condition it was found.

IF you have an INSIDE - I suggest you get in touch NOW! YOU have no connections to the FBI. You perpetuate the myths and false hoods - WHY?

How long has it been since you actually spoke to anyone in WA who was officially part of the investigation? Are you aware of anything going on at this time?
Everything is NOT coming our of WA State!

U try to revert the thread back to OLD stuff and then address it in the same manner as U want or need for it to be. It is NOT that way and it NEVER will be.

Perhaps you NEED to pick up the phone and talk to your CONTACT in the FBI OFFICE, you think?
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

"You have taken his words and a letter he did and twisted it to fit your own theory - which is just that theory - you were NOT on that beach in 1980 or in 1971 or in 1979."

you were not on the beach in those years either. you are trying to say the money was only there about 4 months or so. you can't even prove you were anywhere around the Columbia in 79.

have you had any other scientific reports that can prove or disprove anything on the Palmer report or Tom's findings? I can find the post by Tom telling you your theory is not right. I can't find any proof from you showing your theory is right.

Tom Kaye had this to say:
Dec 17, 2008

Jo,

I can tell you absolutely, positively and with COMPLETE authority, that the bills on Tena Bar had nothing to do with Duane and the bag your talking about.

I am listening to all your evidence carefully and trying objectively to see if any of it fits into our investigation. In this particular case the question is answered. Now this is my test for you to see if in fact you really are accepting of new facts that prove Duane innocent or guilty. If you don't accept my answer, and continue to believe the bag is related to the money, it will color your other evidence from my perspective.

Thanks,

Tom

mrshutter45
You say: "unfortunately the tie in the photo is not a clip on. you can see the tie starting to go around the collar of the neck. the knot also appears to be smaller. I didn't show it in this pic, but he is not wearing a tie clip either."

You are correct and the photo I was using was not the one of Sheridan's tie. You correctly point out that the tie can be seen continuing around his neck and under the shirt collar. So it was not a clip-on. I am waiting for more photo's from the Boeing News of Sheridan and the possibility he might be wearing the clip-on tie.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

sailshaw

mrshutter45
You say: "unfortunately the tie in the photo is not a clip on. you can see the tie starting to go around the collar of the neck. the knot also appears to be smaller. I didn't show it in this pic, but he is not wearing a tie clip either."

You are correct and the photo I was using was not the one of Sheridan's tie. You correctly point out that the tie can be seen continuing around his neck and under the shirt collar. So it was not a clip-on. I am waiting for more photo's from the Boeing News of Sheridan and the possibility he might be wearing the clip-on tie.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

nobody knows if Cooper even wore the clothing he had on before. no way of really proving anything he was wearing unless it was some rare item. lot's of people wore suits, lot's of people had tie clips. I think if you found a picture with a guy holding a briefcase open showing a bomb......we might be onto something B|

I'm starting to lean back over the fence of Cooper not making it again....I don't know??????????

mrshutter45

"You have taken his words and a letter he did and twisted it to fit your own theory - which is just that theory - you were NOT on that beach in 1980 or in 1971 or in 1979."

you were not on the beach in those years either. you are trying to say the money was only there about 4 months or so. you can't even prove you were anywhere around the Columbia in 79.

have you had any other scientific reports that can prove or disprove anything on the Palmer report or Tom's findings? I can find the post by Tom telling you your theory is not right. I can't find any proof from you showing your theory is right.

Tom Kaye had this to say:
Dec 17, 2008

Jo,

I can tell you absolutely, positively and with COMPLETE authority, that the bills on Tena Bar had nothing to do with Duane and the bag your talking about.

I am listening to all your evidence carefully and trying objectively to see if any of it fits into our investigation. In this particular case the question is answered. Now this is my test for you to see if in fact you really are accepting of new facts that prove Duane innocent or guilty. If you don't accept my answer, and continue to believe the bag is related to the money, it will color your other evidence from my perspective.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom was referencing a BAG and I did not understand what he was talking about. I had also discussed a bag with Mr. H but would NOT have been a bag that had anything to do with the RIVER. The money on the RIVER would NOT have been in that BAG.

I didn't understand what Tom was talking about at that time, NOR did I know what he was referring to. He was referring to the PAPER BAG and that would have been the PBAG Duane threw into the river. There were 3 STOPS on the river where Duane was alone and I have explained these in detail for the thread.

A young man was the one who was claiming the money found at Tena's Bar the paper bag Duane threw into the river at the Red Lion.

I could NOT get the young man to understand the 3 stops. So I gave up and went along with his theory, but I ALWAYS go back to WHAT I know and WHAT I witnessed!

Three Stop in which Duane went to the water alone. There was 4th stop at the green tank - but I was with Duane on that stop and Duane explained what the green tank was.

So 4 stops - 3 in which he went to the WATER ALONE!

Sometimes it is easier to agree with a theory someone presents than to ARGUE with them...I had given up in frustration. NOTE the postings later on I GO BACK to my claims and STOPPED listening the other things being thrown at me.

I know the stops we made!

It was the 2010 trip I made when I was able to RETRACE the trip Duane took me on in the WA & OR area. Remember that was the first time I had been incharge of a vehicle and then discovered ALL MOST all of the places Duane took me to. The 2001 one trip with the Documentary crew was useless on a retrace...too much confusion and a guy who drove too fast and who did NOT know WA (was a student who had only been there for 2 yrs.) THAT was the GUIDE they provided.

It was only during the last day of that trip with the help of some private citizens AFTER the crew had left that I found the other things, but I had not the time nor the money to stay to finish the job. It was NOT until 2010 I had enough money to make the trip I did for 15 days. Was prepared to stay for only 7 days, but used my credit card to stay the additional 7 days because I knew then I would never have another opportunity to figure it all out.

Excuse me but I am CRYING REALLY HARD RIGHT NOW! NO one is LISTENING to me - NO ONE heard me. I kept telling the crew this was not right or that was not right and THEY DID NOT HEAR me!

Right now my arm is going numb and my heart is racing - I can take no MORE of this TWISTING and turning to Make things seem the way you guys want it to be. This an EVIL world. NO one wants the TRUTH - they just want the crime to remain unsolved so they can continue to RUN their mouths and have their FESTIVALS.

I know what I know and I know the truth and that will have to suffice. Perhaps the TRUTH will be known in the very near future - VERY NEAR! I HOPE IT IS SOON! VERY SOON!

Jo, Here are a couple of simple questions that you should be able to answer with a "yes" or "no".

1. Did you see the Flushing Channel when you were in the Portland/Vancouver area in 1979?

2. Did you see the Flushing Channel when you were in the Portland/Vancouver area in 2010?

A one word answer to each question will be sufficient.

Robert99

I'm starting to lean back over the fence of Cooper not making it again....I don't know??????????

DAN COOPER ID MAKE IT AND I KNOW THIS WITH ALL OF MY HEART AND SOUL! HE TRIED TO TELL ME, BUT DUMB ME DIDN'T GET IT! I JUST DID NOT GET IT.

I HAD COOPER ALL ALONG - I SPENT 17 YRS WITH THIS MAN! I HAVE TOLD NO LIES - NONE AT ALL. I FOLLOWED THE THEORIES TRYING TO PROVE TO MYSELF HE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN COOPER, BUT ALL I DID FIND WAS CONFIRMATION.

HEAD IS BUSTING!

skyjack71

DAN COOPER ID MAKE IT AND I KNOW THIS WITH ALL OF MY HEART AND SOUL! HE TRIED TO TELL ME, BUT DUMB ME DIDN'T GET IT! I JUST DID NOT GET IT.

I HAD COOPER ALL ALONG - I SPENT 17 YRS WITH THIS MAN! I HAVE TOLD NO LIES - NONE AT ALL. I FOLLOWED THE THEORIES TRYING TO PROVE TO MYSELF HE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN COOPER, BUT ALL I DID FIND WAS CONFIRMATION.

HEAD IS BUSTING!

Jo, I have no doubt in my mind that you believe Duane was Cooper. when you are looking at this from the outside nothing seems to tell that story. we react to you the same way you react when other suspects come in view. when you can prove you were in Washington in 79. perhaps you could get some validation. I think you have
been caught up in this so long you can't see what we see anymore. you get so angry and frustrated when you are confronted. there is no more time for tales and teases. 17 years of trying to act as if you have the key. open the door if you have it?

you have tried to put a whole life story into a few short years Duane was free from 45-71. I'm sorry Jo. this is how I see it.

Jo, Tom is talking about the bag you seen Duane throw into the river......

RobertMBlevins

Skyjack71 says in part:

'NO one wants the TRUTH - they just want the crime to remain unsolved so they can continue to RUN their mouths and have their FESTIVALS...'

I think that may be true for some of the more casual Cooperland inhabitants. But I also think there are a great number of people who would like to see the case solved, especially if it meant no one was going to jail over it. (I.E. hijacker died of natural causes years ago, or something)

Problem: No one has stepped forward with enough evidence to positively, without-a-doubt, identify the hijacker. Not me, not you, and certainly not Marla Cooper. This situation will continue until something breaks in the case. It's the same for Jimmy Hoffa, the Black Dahlia case, Amelia Earhart, and other unsolved mysteries.

Here is your Unsolved Mystery! Sorry. I could not help myself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhjSnvlzG0w
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs