47 47
quade

DB Cooper

BruceSmith

******Greetings Everyone,

A shocking new documentary, titled "Doctored," will be shown on cable TV in a couple of weeks that sheds light on how the FBI conducts controversial investigations. In this broadcast they present information concerning the downing of TWA Flight 800 on July 17, 1996 in New York.

Although not directly involved with Norjak, the documentary reveals a certain federal culture that suggests how and why the DB Cooper case might have been compromised.

"Doctored" presents six members of the original NTSB investigatory team and they claim that the FBI tampered and removed critical pieces of evidence to alter the findings of the inquiry.

I have many personal and professional ties to this tragedy and I've written about it extensively on the Mountain News for your review.

http://themountainnewswa.net/2013/07/01/local-ties-to-new-revelations-about-the-downing-of-twa-flight-800-in-1996/

Bruce, With all due respect, your "encounter with an interdimensional being" is a bit too much for some of us. I hope this being stayed out of your Cooper research.

Robert99

Yes, Robert 99, I agree. I should have put a woo-woo warning on the post.

On the other hand, it can be reassuring to know who the New Agers are amongst us! (smile).

Rest easy, my Cooper writings do not mention any angelic encounters. However, I do discuss remote viewing in Chapter 28, though, so be careful when you read the book. Would you like a copy? I can send you an electronic version that has had two edits. No Index, yet, or Acknowledgements, however.

No book deal either with a mainstream pub, so I am launching a hunt for a literary agent.

BTW: In terms of a "Way, far out" rating scale, let's say 1-10, what would you give my Flight 800 story? 9.9? Just asking.

Bruce, I must confess that I do not read New Age literature. It simply doesn't float my boat. But you are welcome to it.

On the matter of the TWA 800 accident investigation, initially my first five guesses as to the cause would have been "bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, and bomb".

However, I do not now see any reason to dispute the FBI's version of the accident. Just keep in mind that the investigation was conducted with both the FBI and NTSB participating.

Also, the head of the New York City FBI office, who lead the investigation, had a close personal friend aboard that flight.

It was one of the most expensive aircraft accident investigations in US history and reportedly cost 100 million dollars.

The FBI/NTSB investigators went to great lengths to reconcile all the witness statements. And in my opinion they did. They even released a video documentary to explain how/what/when each witness group saw and how it all fit together.

That reconciliation was something like a group of blind people touching an elephant, explaining what they thought they were touching, and then having another group of people (hopefully not blind) explain to them how their "observations" were all of the same animal ("event" in this case).

To summarize, I am not a New Ager and don't believe in UFOs. I'll try to view the program on Flight 800 when it airs, but I will be operating with the knowledge that the program would never have been made if it confirmed the FBI/NTSB investigation.

Robert99

That is a certificate and NOT the actual prison file. I would want to know more about this letter and where it is filed and WHY the prison file reads a different date. File Doug acquired in 1998 - so how or WHY WAS THIS added and when was this file you speak of actually recorded or was it.

It is a letter - and certificate and NOT the PRISON FILE. If the PRISON file shows a different release date - the where the hell did Duane spend this "other or additional" incarceration? Remember 377 is an attorney in CA and I would want him to vouch for the authenticity of this document as it does NOT match the prison file nor have you produced the prison file with an addendum.

ANYONE can produce a certificate, but I have to see the ACTUAL prison file - and one not altered regarding this additional stay in prison or was the time spent else where? Exactly were was he encarcerated for that additional time and WHY was it not on the FILE we obtained yrs and yrs ago.

This seem like an ODD thing - THE actual prison file if he was sent back to SanQuention should record the in and out date and all of the other information on the other prison files.

In 1962 Duane's sister signed him out of Canon. Who signed Duane out of SAN QUENTIN and what was the date? Strange it is NOT part of the files we have! Seems like an ODD add-on....a certificate and not the actual file of encarceration!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

How do I produce evidence if NO one looks at What I have already have. The FBI never provided me with Duane's records, but have talked about him in public and with others confidentially - Why has the FBI not provided me with these records and what they may know about Duane's past - especially the yrs 1944 - 1949...and the yrs. between 1962 and 1968. If he is innocent WHAT is the BIG secret. I have asked for these records over and over and over.

most of this is not a BIG secret.

I'm sorry Jo, but the FBI would only look this deep if it had any value to it. you have done a lot of work jo, but most of it is incomplete and you continue to say things as facts. we pretty much know where he was in 44,45. records show him escaping in 48, so he was in the Ohio prison starting Feb. 28, 1947. not sure when he got out but possibly 49. 51-59...60-62...66-68 prison. I can't stress this enough on having a complete arrest record showing everything....this means the one's he didn't go to prison for. perhaps there is a smoking gun you probably wouldn't want to see...I don't know.

Jo, the certificate is a copy of the original....just like the commutation Duane had. it's a actual copy of a legal document....it's you who doesn't wish for the truth Jo. the document is legal proof......
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

some States will not release records unless they are Family. some will give you the key to the whole drawer.
each State is different when it comes to Corrections. you seen this with Colorado. apparently they take a photo coming in and a photo going out. not every State does this. perhaps more records of Duane's past is at San Quentin and Folsom. I don't know. they might only hand over some of the documents to the State. I'm sure once you get these....a hole new story will happen.

I don't know what else to tell you Jo, you will not come to reality with this......I'm not trying to upset you, but it doesn't take much....
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Duane was locked up during the time of conception of the 727. it was on the board I'm sure in the late 50's.. the plane was flying by 62.

Correct - you are NOT getting what I am trying to say - I got lots of test tomorrow and need to get to bed.

The BOEING shit was on the boiler plate for yrs. Perhaps in the late 40's as Duane was in CA. during 1943 to 1949 - OFF and ON. Perhaps this is the time John was referring to - but I believe this is in a written communication sent to me by John. I could NOT possible dig it up tonight.

I never said anything about the video testing being related to John. RIGHT John and Duane spent little time together - hardly knew each other! But JOHN was overseas and his wife was in Ca and Duane was in Ca in the late 40's. John was 13 yrs older than Duane.

mrshutter45

Why has the FBI not provided me with these records and what they may know about Duane's past - especially the yrs 1944 - 1949...and the yrs. between 1962 and 1968. If he is innocent WHAT is the BIG secret. I have asked for these records over and over and over.

I have family records for those yrs or most of them and I definitely KNOW who he was with from 1962 to 1966 and that his name was John C. Collins in those yrs.

He was in prison in Jefferson from 1966 to 1968 and then back with the same person he was with from 1962 to 1966, but under the name of Duane Weber until 1972.

mrshutter45

apparently you were aware of him being in prison when his folks died. you said this in 2008.

Nov. 29, 2008

BOTH parents died while he was in this prison. His father in April of 1956 and his mother in May of 1958 - he was released from prison in that month but not in time for his mother's funeral as he had been promised. She had been on dialysis for 2 yrs.

I do NOT know why I stated that - but Duane was living with his mother in 1957 after he had been released and before he was arrested in Treasure Isle. He was with her before she died, but may have been back in prison before she died. I have family records according to John (the brother) and her obituary.

skyjack71

***apparently you were aware of him being in prison when his folks died. you said this in 2008.

Nov. 29, 2008

BOTH parents died while he was in this prison. His father in April of 1956 and his mother in May of 1958 - he was released from prison in that month but not in time for his mother's funeral as he had been promised. She had been on dialysis for 2 yrs.

I do NOT know why I stated that - but Duane was living with his mother in 1957 after he had been released and before he was arrested in Treasure Isle. He was with her before she died, but may have been back in prison before she died. I have family records according to John (the brother) and her obituary.

nobody understands half of what you say ;) now, you claim Duane possibly had access to drawings his brother had......but....

Oct 29, 2009
I knew the last time they saw each other was after his mother died in 1958 and they never saw each other again.
I arranged a contact while Duane was in the Hospital dying through the sister. The brother and his wife sent pictures and a nice letter and the two brothers spoke on the phone from the hospital for the first time in 38 yrs, It was not a long conversation.

how did Duane get access to the Boeing files that got thru security and out of the building? the 727 couldn't be in the 50's by much. anyone have any idea when the idea of the 727 came about or when drawings would be produced?

mrshutter45

some States will not release records unless they are Family. some will give you the key to the whole drawer.
each State is different when it comes to Corrections. you seen this with Colorado. apparently they take a photo coming in and a photo going out. not every State does this. perhaps more records of Duane's past is at San Quentin and Folsom. I don't know. they might only hand over some of the documents to the State. I'm sure once you get these....a hole new story will happen.

I don't know what else to tell you Jo, you will not come to reality with this......I'm not trying to upset you, but it doesn't take much....

I had to take my medication because I have some serious testing TODAY as it is 1 AM here....

This is just getting too confusing to follow for me right now. The records I have are pretty good....and I need to fill the wholes in with an orderly manner. Taking the knows I do have and putting the Knowns with documentation that you have acquired. Wish we could meet to do this as I think that would clear many things up.

I still feel the crucial yrs are 1962 to 1966 - what the fricking hell was he doing and why? He was NOT in prison during that time and what he was doing supposedly per the wife was to provide them a NEW start which they did in 1966 and Duane screwed it up. I guess he "spent" his bounty and then resorted to crime again. They led a very "active" life. One I cannot even concieve of. It makes me shutter just to think about it - the people whose lives the crossed and sometimes had the kids with them. Those yrs 1962 to 1972 really messed up a lot of lives!
Innocent lives - that is the SAD part of this.

Duane did in his own indirect way tell me about 1962 to 1966, but it was sketchy - the ex-wife was the one who filled in some of it, but she was also usually 3 or more sheets in the wind on the phone at 2 to 3 am my time and I had to go to work at 8 or 9.

I have done the best I can - I know that Duane Weber was indeed Dan Cooper, but outside of taking it to a TV program who would slaughter me more than this thread has - I am not sure what to do with it.

I have been discussing this for 18 yrs and 18 yrs is a long time for even the most brillilant of individuals to be completely consistent. I am very tired and my pill is taking effect so I do not want to continue to say anymore tonight. I know what I know - I may not know the exact order and I know he was mixed up with some really bad stuff 1962 to 1966. I know they had a nest egg when they went back to Ms or Ks...what that nest egg was - how much or for what only MJ was able to fill in the blank spots.

When I met Ed and Tommy and the others - their demeanor and actions feeled a lot of that time frame in - evidently it had to do with some government crap and secrets..why trust ex-cons with stuff like that?

I am making one more statement.
There is a man I do not know if he is still alive that knows what some of these secrets are and Andrews knew some of what the secrets where...It all came out of TX and a lot of stuff having to do with unions, mafia, tale runners, planes, deserts and new identities.

This man was the Snowden and the Bradley of the 70's. He was accused of "things" not acceptable to our government and the secrets of the government.

This man got in lots of trouble because he contibuted to the top-secret study of classified documents about the Vietnam War.
The Beacon Press actual took document public. The plummers and the watergate burglaries....hell they need cons - not soldiers.

The Cuban Ameicans who were set up to incapacitate Ellsberg in a public rally. Russo - I heard Duane talk about Russo and I may have met him.

Then Anderson or Andrews or Charlie Daniels - all of the truths buried. Why would our government want to bury anything they thought was best. Today we have guy fighting for our right and and they are introuble - Bradly and Ellsberg and now Snowden.

Oh well I am too out of it go to on, but I know I will march until I drop.
Good NIGH - hope this make a lot fo sense! Dave that was the name of the BABY faced guy in N.Orleans.
How did you get all messed up in this.

skyjack71

Duane was locked up during the time of conception of the 727. it was on the board I'm sure in the late 50's.. the plane was flying by 62.

Correct - you are NOT getting what I am trying to say - I got lots of test tomorrow and need to get to bed.

The BOEING shit was on the boiler plate for yrs. Perhaps in the late 40's as Duane was in CA. during 1943 to 1949 - OFF and ON. Perhaps this is the time John was referring to - but I believe this is in a written communication sent to me by John. I could NOT possible dig it up tonight.

I never said anything about the video testing being related to John. RIGHT John and Duane spent little time together - hardly knew each other! But JOHN was overseas and his wife was in Ca and Duane was in Ca in the late 40's. John was 13 yrs older than Duane.

Jo, the jet age began in 1952. in 1954 the first prototype of the Boeing 707 rolled out. it was put into service October 1958. the 727 followed the 707.

by your own admission Duane and John cut all ties in 1958 making it hard for Duane to gain access to secure documents you think John had. you have zero proof of any of this other than what someone told you. Jo, you can't even prove any of them worked for Boeing. Marla claimed Dewey worked for Boeing and records actually show a Dewey Cooper working for Boeing. can you keep up with Marla and match her?

Robert99

You say: " Would you be gracious enough to explain to Jo Weber what the future would hold for any Boeing employee who was caught trying to remove plans from the Boeing facilities of Boeing aircraft that were under development."

I say: If caught, it would be bad for the employee without a proper letter, possibly from a Boss, that would authorize the removal from company property. However, when leaving the company property in those days, only the lunch pails were opened and searched by the guards at the gate. Brief Cases were not required to be opened
and drawings could have been taken home without a chance of being caught. In addition, anyone with a car pass could have taken a trunk load of drawings. The security was really just what was done with the drawings while in plant and there were vaults to lock-up drawings and documents that needed to be secure. So what Jo is saying might be true of drawings or sketches of a new airplane being developed.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

sailshaw

Robert99

You say: " Would you be gracious enough to explain to Jo Weber what the future would hold for any Boeing employee who was caught trying to remove plans from the Boeing facilities of Boeing aircraft that were under development."

I say: If caught, it would be bad for the employee without a proper letter, possibly from a Boss, that would authorize the removal from company property. However, when leaving the company property in those days, only the lunch pails were opened and searched by the guards at the gate. Brief Cases were not required to be opened
and drawings could have been taken home without a chance of being caught. In addition, anyone with a car pass could have taken a trunk load of drawings. The security was really just what was done with the drawings while in plant and there were vaults to lock-up drawings and documents that needed to be secure. So what Jo is saying might be true of drawings or sketches of a new airplane being developed.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

what about someone claiming to be a "consultant" for Boeing. what capacity of security would this person carry. it's kind of a dead end anyway given that fact the brothers cut ties in 58.

Mrshuttr45

You say: "what about someone claiming to be a "consultant" for Boeing. what capacity of security would this person carry. it's kind of a dead end anyway given that fact the brothers cut ties in 58."

I say: Anyone as a consultant could have a special pass or be with a Boeing escort while on company property. Upon leaving, they could put drawings and documents in their briefcase and pass through the guarded gate without having to open their briefcase. They may have to hide their escort badge to blend in with all the others passing through the gate. Otherwise a smart guard might ask to see in the briefcase. Some foreign companies would spend hours copying documents and drawings at the copy machines (illegal copies) and got away with a lot of good Boeing information. On real Top Secret projects this was not too possible and Secret material was signed out to each person with the need to know and it could never be left on a desk top or removed from the Black project areas.

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

I have not pulled John's letters and the notes I made. John was a consultant for BOEING during the war.

I do NOT know for what period of time, but it was BEFORE 1958 - much earlier. Duane and John had NO contact AFTER 1958 and even then his contact with Duane was limited. The period of time John was doing this was PRE 1958. From what I remember of John's conversations was he acted as a consultant for Boeing during the war. I do not know what those dates would be. This is only from recall of both verbal & written communication.

John's last communication with Weber was 1958 per his written word and spoken word. They would then speak shortly before Duane died. Something the sister and I arranged while Duane was in the hospital.

I do have a couple of written communications from John, but do NOT feel like digging through things at this moment.

I had a CT today on the heart. I also picked up copies of the ekg and blood test made while I was in the ER.

I do NOT see why the Dr. wanted to admit me and filed a verbal greivance regarding this with the hospital administration after - I reviewed the ER records. The levation of certain blood level are DUE to a known health problem I have suffered with for yr and the medications that were on the list of meds currently being taken.

The elevations are minor.... so I believe I spent my own money for this CT that Medicare does not pay for absolutely NO reason. There was nothing in the test that indicated I needed to be admitted.

I noted today the staff has seemingly been cut drastically. I feel I have been put thru 7 days of needless worry. The symptons still exist and are most likely being generated by my spinal problems, the celiacs and the fact I have a prolapsed mitral (had it all of my life).

Will talk to you guys when I find the information about the yrs. I can tell you this for a FACT. John was a consultant for BOEING during the war.
FACT one cannot ignore! The period of time John's car was damaged by one of Duane ventures in the CA nightlife would and could only have been 1943 to 1949.

John WAS LIVING IN WA in the 60's but I do not know know where and this is when the little investiment venture was made with another person connected to BOEING! This information is FACT. I do not have the facilitities to do searches like you guys do.

I am very VERY tired and going to take a long siesta and see if I can get rid of this horrible headache.

Jo, a FACT is something you can prove. since the 727 came out after 1958. this is all useless information. DB Cooper didn't learn how jump from a 727 by looking at drawings or watching the 555 paratrooper or fire jumpers. there just isn't anything there Jo....

proof would be some sort of tax return, check stub etc. anyone can write a letter......

mrshutter45

******apparently you were aware of him being in prison when his folks died. you said this in 2008.

Nov. 29, 2008

nobody understands half of what you say ;) now, you claim Duane possibly had access to drawings his brother had......but....

Oct 29, 2009
I knew the last time they saw each other was after his mother died in 1958 and they never saw each other again.
I arranged a contact while Duane was in the Hospital dying through the sister. The brother and his wife sent pictures and a nice letter and the two brothers spoke on the phone from the hospital for the first time in 38 yrs, It was not a long conversation.

how did Duane get access to the Boeing files that got thru security and out of the building? the 727 couldn't be in the 50's by much. anyone have any idea when the idea of the 727 came about or when drawings would be produced?

To clear this matter up, let me tell you exactly what happened. Duane was NEVER involved in any Boeing conversations or drawings from Boeing. All of that was done by TOG. The only connection Duane had with a 727 was to take a trip to the airport, walk onto the tarmac and board a plane while the clean up crew and maintence people were readying the plane foe the next flight. He talked to a helpful mechanic-maintenance guy who explained all of the questions he had. Back then this was an unrestricted area, and the purpose was to illustrate the ease with which one could get information. All of the technical data about the plane was gathered by TOG in phone calls to Boeing Engineering. The first call he was brushed off, but a second call got him to a talkative engineer. TOG made all of the plans and programmed Duane, like me, who had been subjected to Blue Bird mind control. THAT SHIT WORKS!!! That is the way it happened and that is the REAL story. Maria, you can use that as part of your story. Might as well tell the truth as much as possible.

Bruce, With all due respect, your "encounter with an interdimensional being" is a bit too much for some of us. I hope this being stayed out of your Cooper research.

Robert99

Yes, Robert 99, I agree. I should have put a woo-woo warning on the post.

On the other hand, it can be reassuring to know who the New Agers are amongst us! (smile).

Rest easy, my Cooper writings do not mention any angelic encounters. However, I do discuss remote viewing in Chapter 28, though, so be careful when you read the book. Would you like a copy? I can send you an electronic version that has had two edits. No Index, yet, or Acknowledgements, however.

No book deal either with a mainstream pub, so I am launching a hunt for a literary agent.

BTW: In terms of a "Way, far out" rating scale, let's say 1-10, what would you give my Flight 800 story? 9.9? Just asking.

You didn't ask me, but........

I can see the Blue Angel (we know em as hants and they can be dealt with swiftly by a root doctor if need be)....

and I can certainly see writing a song with 4 bottles of wine on the tailgate of a pickup truck (hell we do that all the time with and without dixie cups)....

but I'm having a little problem picturing you doing the free form dance thing for 3 days. That's kinda out there ;):):)

Smoke- you should have seen me dancin' at the Ariel Tavern last Thanksgiving. I was movin' and groovin'. Just ask Bobbie Blevs- he was there!

By the way, I NEVER drink wine out of a Dixie cup. On the tail-gate in question I was drinking out of an old glass jam jar.

Just to clarify, the trance dancing with Blue Angel occurred during four-hour stints in the afternoon over three consecutive days. During the dancing we took a break about every ninety minutes or so.

Bob, the guy who says he got a call has never been confirmed. records indicate he wasn't working for Boeing in 1971. he was retired.

get all of your records out of that imaginary 27 foot trailer. I think you will be needing them very soon.

I think maybe it is time to remind old Bobby who of who he said TOG was. Hmmm could it be Bill Rataczak? yes I believe that is exactly who he said TOG was lmao

mrshutter45

Jo, a FACT is something you can prove. since the 727 came out after 1958. this is all useless information. DB Cooper didn't learn how jump from a 727 by looking at drawings or watching the 555 paratrooper or fire jumpers. there just isn't anything there Jo....

proof would be some sort of tax return, check stub etc. anyone can write a letter......

I have the communications between the brother and myself. My log book. The notes I made during the few conversations we made before his hearing got too bad. As for tax returns, I would have none for the brother and with Duane I have them back to 1968 after he got out of Jefferson. There is NOTHING in those tax returns - that impacts Cooper other than Duane and the ex barely exsisting in 1968, 1969, 1970 and 1971 and then in 1972 BOOM!

If someone could get a family member to release the old family records - there just might be something there. It is on Floppies and I have already mentioned the relatives reluctance to explore the old files.

With Weber there is a file prior to 1950 in Spokane, WA. The FBI agent told me in 2 conversations - you can put him in a chute, but you have to put him on the plane. The only way I know to put him on the plane is witness ID, something he may have had with him or have taken from one of the crew or passenger. The ticket you are well aware is gone forever....

Out of my frustration the other night I had a dream of sorts - I wasn't asleep but my eyes were closed - faces kept coming and going - faces I did NOT recognize and then there was Duane, but not as I remembered him. I do NOT believe in paranormal things and this is the closest (perhaps out of desparation) I have ever allowed my mind to go. He was having me look at a house we lived in together and he zeroed in on the oddest thing. A place I would never have looked - a wall plate.
He or my own imagination was going all around the Kitchen and then it zoomed in on a outlet. I do not know who ownes the home or how to approach them, plus I would NOT want to make myself sound as some have called me - Crazy, delusional and off my rocker.

In the vision he then smiled at me and faded away. I opened my eyes and then closed them again wanting to see this again - of course that did NOT happen. I assume I was in a dream state, but I wasn't asleep. Perhaps this thing has actually driven me off the deep end.

I am not desperate enough to chase a vision, but it is interesting what the mind conjures up in moments least expected.

RobertMBlevins

News:

I just received an email from the Seattle FBI. This is an answer to a question I asked a couple of weeks ago. The agent apologized for not answering sooner, but she was on vacation.

Question: Marla Cooper has claimed that the Cooper case will soon be closed. Is this true?

Answer: The FBI has no plans now, or in the future, to close the case. It remains open. They are not actively investigating the case, but they continue to assess tips as they come in.

That's it.

well, hopefully this will quiet another one down who claims the case will be closed. good info thanks.....

Eunice Barth Gilliam the wife of Stanley Gilliam was born on Jun 27, 1924. Same yr as Duane L. Weber. She was born in Puyallup according to her obituary.

Her parents were Louis and Louise Barth who were desendants of immigrant families same as Duane's grandparents.

Remember my telling about the family story where Duane's sister said that friends of the family intervened with Duane when he was sent to McNeil. Think!

Duane's family on his mother's side were Wenz.

They were all of German heritage.
Trace Eunice Barths parents and the places they lived. Remember the picture of a woman sitting on the edge of a plane Duane said he knew. I think that was Eunice and the picture was made at Thun...all I have is my memory of the picture.

Her parents are listed below:
Louis Barth (1896 - 1970)
Louise M. Wuestney Barth (1900 - 1987)
The person I need to trace is Louise M. Westney Barth who died in 1987. I believe she was the friend of Duane's mother. The story I heard about why & how the Weber's went to CA in 1943 - included a story about a friend of Duane's mother who had a child around the same time Duane was born.

Remember the picture I am posting below. A trip Duane and his family made to CA when Duane about 10 yrs old. He is the little boy in the pic. NOTE the woman who you cannot see very well. I believe that woman is and was - Louise M. Westney Barth - the mother of Guillam's wife.

I have repeatedly ask about arial shows in Ca around 1934. The Weber's were offered a job by friends of the family in CA and why they went to CA in 1943, plus the embarrassement Duane had caused them with his discharge from the Navy.

The woman in the background of the picture who is sitting down I was told was a friend of his mother who is standing. The girl is Duane's sister and the young man is Duane's brother John. Since the great great neice who got the family photos and history will not respond to me and who has probably not kept the things her great Uncle provided regarding their heritage - I now have to appeal to the thread to help me find out more about Louise M. Westney Barth...more than just where she was born - but any history I can find on the family and friends of the Westney's.

I knew I had heard the names before - but I am sure John was no more aware than I was. He told me about his Father who was the father of Duane - that the great depression caused them to loose the farm and then the other place they then lived curtesy of Ma Weber, mother of Duane's father.
They ran in Ohio a smorgaborg and then that ran dry.

The move to CA was in 1943 from Ohia was because old family friends help him find a job in CA. I will note someone connected to Mrs. Westney Barth gave birth to a child in CA as they resided there near Arcadia which is where Duane's parent moved to in 1943.

This may have been how Duane knew about Gilliam since he married into the old friendship/family tree.

This is theory and why I was looking in to Gilliam or anyone else by that same last name. I had tried every version of the name since I did not know how it was spelled. This is how Duane knew who Gilliam was and whoever he worked for. Theory and bits of stories I had heard from John and from Duane. For yrs I had looked for the friends of the family who helped Duane's parents out in hard times.

Any ONE of you who can research this - please do so. This is as far as I could get. I know that Duane's father served with 2 guys he kept in close contact with for the rest of his life. (thought one of them had to do with the move to CA). Anyone with credientials who thinks they can approach the Great Great Niece about the family HISTORY - please present your credentials and give it a try.

The FBI is probably the only source who will get access to the old files. I can't, but also maybe some of you guys can at least find more geneology than I could.

John and Duane told me family stories - but, I never thought they might lead to solving an old crime nor did I know when Duane was alive that he had commited such a crime....not even when he told me "I'm Dan Cooper!"

My memory of the things told to me over the yrs - is the only reason this thing will ever be solved...that or someone is waiting until I die to reveal connections of Weber to the past. A past that will makes someone actually realize the man was DAN COOPER!

If there is anyone of you who can put my jumbled words in some order and present them to the FBI in an objective way - about this connection - then please do so. My thoughts are too random and I no longer have the enerygy - it is all I can do to go to the store. Doing little house work and take a VERY long nap everyday. Time is not my friend right now. Time is of the essense!

mrshutter45

***News:

I just received an email from the Seattle FBI. This is an answer to a question I asked a couple of weeks ago. The agent apologized for not answering sooner, but she was on vacation.

Question: Marla Cooper has claimed that the Cooper case will soon be closed. Is this true?

Answer: The FBI has no plans now, or in the future, to close the case. It remains open. They are not actively investigating the case, but they continue to assess tips as they come in.

That's it.

well, hopefully this will quiet another one down who claims the case will be closed. good info thanks.....

My information came from the AGENT of Record by phone - not a mouthpiece! Not once but twice

I first posted a NEW youtube video of Marla on here a few weeks ago where she claims L.D. Cooper was DB Cooper. There is also a claim L.D. married an FBI agent.

I've also found two proceeding videos done by the same interviewer with Marla. (about 4 months ago) I don't know if they were meant to be uploaded to Youtube or not.

The videos seem to be warm up videos (to the actual Interview) and there is a lot of off topic conversation which might help us get more insight into Marla's mental makeup.

Warm up Video no. 1 (45 seconds)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=875Af_Ka32U

Warm up Video no. 2 (7 minutes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITSnlWqZ34U

Acutal Interview (5 minutes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWfSIxIFlbY

thanks for the update. it's interesting they know each other. I wish she would of asked her how the money got on the river bank. I love how these people stress the point of not knowing who Cooper was. people tend to react different when they think you know nothing about the case.

I recorded the second video just in case it disappears!!!

Marla's mother really doesn't say anything about what she knows the way Marla presents it. you see this in the video from the past (link below) and why would LD have comics of Dan Cooper on the wall if the CIA put him up to it? how does the CIA come to conclusions picking people like LD, Duane etc. they would use trained people in this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHSZWmwHrb8

I understand stories changing when finding more evidence, but she is flipping 360 degrees by stating CIA.