47 47
quade

DB Cooper

matthewcline

Those missions would be declassified by now, if they even happened.

Use the FOIA and show us those missions, then we may be inclined to think along those lines.

Personally, the hijacker is not one of the three we keep bantering about here, no conclusive evidence so far.

I think the hijacker, had a small amount of ACTUAL military training, in the exit and jumping arena, and had a risk-reward plan in mind that made it so we are confused by some of his choices.

And, if he still lives, he laughs at this thread daily, as he twists his MACVSOG ring and enjoys a cold beer in Mexico .

Matt

What specifically did he do that makes him stand out, to you?

Been over this ground before.

BTW it puzzles me that Cooper had to ask if the incoming flight
was a 727. He evidently had no other way to check. ?

Check out the description of William LD Cooper. He is about the same age of LD (if LD was born in 1931) plus he has all the attributes of a D.B. Cooper.

Minneapolis Star-Tribune - Oct 10, 1986
The 56-year-old Minnesotan who caused this flurry of official curiosity is an adventurer, bank robber and drug smuggler named William LD Cooper

coincidences abound

testxyz

Check out the description of William LD Cooper. He is about the same age of LD (if LD was born in 1931) plus he has all the attributes of a D.B. Cooper.

The 56-year-old Minnesotan who caused this flurry of official curiosity is an adventurer, bank robber and drug smuggler named William LD Cooper

coincidences abound

this might be William Lloyd David Cooper AKA wild Bill Cooper, he was looked at as a suspect for DB Cooper.

http://www.paullundgren.com/journalism-mnmonthlycooper.cfm
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

December 1994 issue of Soldirier of Fortune. The day Nam Nearly went Nuclear by John Mullins. BuDop March 1966. A magazine - the only thing Duane left in a safe deposit box I had NO knowledge of until his death and the hidden wallet.

Duane claimed to have known a couple of the guys! I don't know which ones.

Two pictures from the article attached:
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

skyjack71

******The Damn Comic was never mentioned in the Cooper Case until Snowmman brought it up in this thread.

So what? Seriously. So what?

It's not as if bringing that to light comes with a copyright.

Once a piece of information is public, that's what it is; public.

I definitely realize that - it is just that I like to see credit given where credit is due. I despise deception even though I have had to participate in deception myself - often pleading ignorance to a subject or pretending to know more about the subject than I really did. 17 yrs is a LONG time to dwell on one subject.

I do try to remember who brought certain things forward and despise individuals who do NOT give the credits where they belong - instead taking credit for things they had NOTHING to do with.

Lol....Credit for what? I must have missed something. Is the case solved? Just kidding, I know what you mean, but the thing is you're wrong on this one. The Cooper comic/ DB cooper connection was noted way back in 1982 in the Oregonian. I sent you the article. This thread goes way back, but not quite that far;)

I don't know, but I'm thinking no one "owns" the DB Cooper story. Or the facts and ideas and speculations that surround it.

And sometimes I wonder whether maybe this case would've been solved a long time ago if folks weren't so worried about who got the credit and getting their slice of the pie...though in case you haven't noticed..the slices on that pie are getting smaller and smaller. :):):D

I posted the article merely as an interesting item - not to rain on anyone's parade. I could care less who "finds" something, and I appreciate the folks that dig stuff up on the internet and those putting their boots on the ground. I just wish some new stuff would be found - by anyone!! We need some new stuff to disagree about. :)
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

I have never even seen a commercial airliner in the USA use only the rear stairs for boarding and deplaning.

I have...In San Diego & Hawaii...also in Guam but that's arguably not U.S.A. (yet)

YOUR 'personal experience' seems to be rather limited in this instance.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

And sometimes I wonder whether maybe this case would've been solved a long time ago if folks weren't so worried about who got the credit and getting their slice of the pie...though in case you haven't noticed..the slices on that pie are getting smaller and smaller. :):):D

Yes the slices do get smaller and smaller. Happens in every DB
Cooper discussion. Central facts are debated then that stalls.
No one can agree on anything. People usually hit the wall of no
new material after six months, or sooner, then things turn
personal if they hadn't already.

The one exception is people bringing a candidate forward. That
can keep things going for a year ... candidates go nowhere
...then the discussion hits a wall.

All Cooper discussions seem to be self limiting, by one route or
another. The nature of the cult beast working with limited
material to begin with. People can just swan dance so long!
Then its every person for themselves .. :D

mrshutter45

***Check out the description of William LD Cooper. He is about the same age of LD (if LD was born in 1931) plus he has all the attributes of a D.B. Cooper.

coincidences abound

this might be William Lloyd David Cooper AKA wild Bill Cooper, he was looked at as a suspect for DB Cooper.

Didn't our plane start out or have a stop in Minn? We need some physical descriptions and see a picture of this guy now. :). You don't have to fit the profile to be a candidate. We all know that. :)
Aside from that though, there are interesting sociological parallels to the stories - the folklore status, and the perceptions folks had about the two men (esp law enforcement versus civilian) during the crimes and afterwards.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

smokin99

******Check out the description of William LD Cooper. He is about the same age of LD (if LD was born in 1931) plus he has all the attributes of a D.B. Cooper.

coincidences abound

Didn't our plane start out or have a stop in Minn? We need some physical descriptions and see a picture of this guy now. :). You don't have to fit the profile to be a candidate. We all know that. :)
Aside from that though, there are interesting sociological parallels to the stories - the folklore status, and the perceptions folks had about the two men (esp law enforcement versus civilian) during the crimes and afterwards.

here is a website of his......old one.

http://www.rainierfilmfest.com/popups/wild_bills_run.html
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

mrshutter45

*********Check out the description of William LD Cooper. He is about the same age of LD (if LD was born in 1931) plus he has all the attributes of a D.B. Cooper.

coincidences abound

Cool

airtwardo

I have never even seen a commercial airliner in the USA use only the rear stairs for boarding and deplaning.

I have...In San Diego & Hawaii...also in Guam but that's arguably not U.S.A. (yet)

YOUR 'personal experience' seems to be rather limited in this instance.

Your argument isn't with me or Jo - it's with Boeing, so go ahead there Cheif, tell 'em they're wrong. :D:D

BTW - what happened to you 'leaving' rant?

ALL those 'other' DBC discussions you boasted about being so much better than here, turn you away? :o

Just curious ;)

...and if you ya got the huevos to SEND PM's - - try to find the balls to receive them, flashing your skirt like that is bad manners :S

Airtwardo, My argument is not with Boeing but with YOU!

My original comments were that the 727 was designed for intermediate DISTANCES, that is shorter than the 707 distances. The original 707 versions could carry about 140 passengers and up. The original 727 versions could carry about the same number of passengers. The 707 and 727 versions had the same forward fuselage interior dimensions.

The original Boeing 737 could carry about 100 and up passengers. This aircraft was designed for the "smaller" markets.

Everything following "BTW" in your message above does not relate to me or anyone I know. I have no idea what you are talking about and I have not made any such statements.

Your irresponsible statements only convince me that you are full of shit. You need to grow up and get your "facts" straight.

Robert99

smokin99

************Check out the description of William LD Cooper. He is about the same age of LD (if LD was born in 1931) plus he has all the attributes of a D.B. Cooper.

coincidences abound

Cool

photos of wild bill cooper.

He sure doesn't look like Marla!:) Big robust guy.

I haven't a clue whether or not KC was the hijacker. It's tricky. There's a lot of coincidences, a lot of unexplained stuff, but there is no smoking gun.

Wouldn't an long time NWA employee who had targeted flight
305 for his hijacking KNOW if it was a 727 (the preferred target)
or not?

It would be easy for him to check. Being an employee of the airline!

Why would he have to stand at the counter and ask Hal Williams if it was a 727 that was coming or not?

Why would he take the risk of being recognised by a fellow NWA employee(s)? Or the crew on the plane for that matter?

Or, if he had checked the crew for the day why would he not know it was a727?

Seems like a real hurdle to cross.

Don't hit us with "physics and perceptions and time warps
change at NWA ticket counters in airports".

You could try: "Kenny hypnotised everybody".

georger

I haven't a clue whether or not KC was the hijacker. It's tricky. There's a lot of coincidences, a lot of unexplained stuff, but there is no smoking gun.

or not?

Why would he have to stand at the counter and ask Hal Williams if it was a 727 that was coming or not?

Why would he take the risk of being recognised by a fellow NWA employee(s)? Or the crew on the plane for that matter?

Cooper could have checked the airline flight schedule for the type of equipment that was PLANNED to be used on the Portland to Seattle segment that day. But he double checked with the agent to see if a 727 was actually enroute as planned. All of this boils down to Cooper having previously SELECTED a 727 as his choice for a hijacking.

Robert99

Robert99

or not?

Cooper could have checked the airline flight schedule for the type of equipment that was PLANNED to be used on the Portland to Seattle segment that day. But he double checked with the agent to see if a 727 was actually enroute as planned. All of this boils down to Cooper having previously SELECTED a 727 as his choice for a hijacking.

Robert99

thats how I read it too. Another
possibility is he's checking on equipment failure and if another
type of plane has replaced the 727 but I wonder if Williams would
have had that information available in real time?

If its an experienced employee he very likely knows what type of
aircraft is scheduled because he has checked the schedule ...?
So no particular need to ask -

Keep in mind Snowmman's find that this schedule was new as
of August..

RobertMBlevins

I don't know how to answer Georger's questions, except in this way: Ask anyone who was with the Seattle or Portland FBI if they ever even CONSIDERED it could have been an employee or an inside job. I asked Fuhrman this question in Seattle when we spoke at the sports bar next to Third Place Books. As you know, he was one of the agents who questioned the passengers after they were released in Seattle.

He said no. The Seattle FBI, as far as he knew, never questioned anyone from NWA except the crew and the personnel on the ground who were involved in trying to figure out Cooper and where he jumped. Run-of-the-mill NWA employees were never considered as possible suspects. And which Cooper FBI agent said this:

'If you knew airline employees like I do, then you would know none of them could ever do such a thing...'

Not exactly open-minded. No one considered it could have been an inside job. And if it was, this was a blessing for the hijacker.

I have wondered occasionally how exactly the hijacker knew the location of the oxygen on 305. Mucklow told him that if he needed oxygen, they had some on board. Cooper, according to Mucklow, said this:

***'I know where it is. If I need it, I will get it.'

No big deal, but I always wondered HOW he knew where it was, unless it was in plain sight. He doesn't even ask how it works or anything, as if he already knew how to access it and use it if necessary. Could be NWA Crew Training 101. No way to prove this, but that alleged statement by Mucklow, if it is true, points to some confidence by the hijacker in the use of the emergency oxygen carried on an NWA-based 727.

He didnt confirm he knew where the O2 was by pointing to it or
getting it - now did he. All he said according to you was "I know
where it is if I need it ..."

You divert further by bringing in Fuhrman saying 'The FBI did not
interview run-of-the-mill NWA employees '.... which has nothing
to do with the question.

The question is: "Why would a long time NWA employee like KC
who had acces to schedules and aircraft being used have to ask
the ticket agent if Flight 305 was using a 727? Especially if as
you have always said he's keeping a low prifile. Wearing a toupe
and all ? Wear 4" elevator shoes lifters to raise his height 4
whole inches ... while concealing his drag costume from
everyone who sees or sits by him ... ?

What is your proof Fuhrman ever said what you claim?
Did you record your interview with him like Mike Simmons
recorded his nationally broadcast interview he did with Lyle
Christianson?

The original question you did not answer remains:

Why would KC of all people, a longtime NWA employee with all
kinds of contacts, he or Geestman could have used, have to ask
Hal Williams if incoming flight 305 was a 727? Just double
checking I guess. Passing the time so as to remain unoticed
by a fellow NWA employee he would never run into again..
because according to you Fuhrman says: "we (the FBI!) didnt
check any "wage earner sheeple who worked for NWA. They
were all presumed to be honest and of the highest integrity,
because they are NWA Wage Earner Sheeple".

I'm curious. Was Fuhrman complaining when he described the
rank stupidity of his fellow FBI agents? Did he say it was the
stupidity of the FBI that snuffed the Cooper case? Are you
blowing the whistle on the FBI through Fuhrman? Do you and
Fuhrman plan to testify before Congress?

"photos of wild bill cooper.
He sure doesn't look like Marla! Big robust guy."

Wild Bill Cooper
Description
Height 5-11
Weight 200
Hair Brn
Eyes Hzl

Address & Locale Frequents Mexico, Canada and gambling cities in U.S.

I bet if I looked into this guys past I could find things to relate to DB Cooper.

one could run with the description alone. he knew Mexico because he traveled there. Dan Cooper requested Mexico.

Wild Bill also went to Canada. Dan Cooper comics were in Canada......his description is close enough. he could of shaved. he wasn't "robust" in the cabin due to Optical Physics. hey, this is pretty easy. just need to find where he was from 1930 to 1970. nobody knows where there suspect was in 71 B|;):ph34r:

mrshutter45

Wild Bill Cooper
Description
Height 5-11
Weight 200
Hair Brn
Eyes Hzl

I bet if I looked into this guys past I could find things to relate to DB Cooper.

one could run with the description alone. he knew Mexico because he traveled there. Dan Cooper requested Mexico.

Wild Bill also went to Canada. Dan Cooper comics were in Canada......his description is close enough. he could of shaved. he wasn't "robust" in the cabin due to Optical Physics. hey, this is pretty easy. just need to find where he was from 1930 to 1970. nobody knows where there suspect was in 71 B|;):ph34r:

I have some of the same thoughts...

"Wild Bill" William LD Cooper and D.B. Cooper parallels

Born and raised in Canada - Dan Cooper Comics
Asked for $200,000 in "negotiable American currency"
Disappeared into thin air, Authorities think he was killed
Was living at the start of the Cooper plane "Milk Run" in MN
Lived in Portland, Oregon at one time

Authorities probably didn't get any DNA from Wild Bill in 1977 since that
test wasn't developed yet. They probably did get fingerprints from Wild Bill but D.B. Cooper tried not to leave fingerprints.

Losing Weight and Shaving is a good disguise. One picture of Wild Bill shows him with just a little fuzz on his face.

Although not Marla's guy. Wild Bill meets almost the entire profile of who D.B. Cooper could be.

A relisting of mrshutter Wild Bill link below...

mrshutter45

Wild Bill Cooper
Description
Height 5-11
Weight 200
Hair Brn
Eyes Hzl

Shave his beard, give him a short hair cut and slick down what remains, pull out his lower teeth, tilt his head down a bit, and you have a perfect match for Duane Weber. Right, Jo?

Robert99

Robert99

***"photos of wild bill cooper.

Wild Bill Cooper
Description
Height 5-11
Weight 200
Hair Brn
Eyes Hzl

Shave his beard, give him a short hair cut and slick down what remains, pull out his lower teeth, tilt his head down a bit, and you have a perfect match for Duane Weber. Right, Jo?

Robert99

I take it that Wild Bill is missing? here is a comment from a website (with error's)

Cooper developed his life of crime when he turned to flying marijuana out of Mexico into the United States. Marian Larson said that he must have needed money.

I remember a vacant house between Sturgeon Lake and Willow River that mysteriously burned one night. The rumors were going around that Cooper had drugs stashed in the house and burned it intentionally when law enforcement officers got too close.

Wild Bill was blamed for other crimes, from the burglary of the Sturgeon Lake State Bank to being D. J. Cooper, who had jumped out of a plane in the West with $200,000.

Cooper disappeared, never to be heard from again. The Larsons believe that he is lying in a grave somewhere. He had family, and they haven’t heard from him.

The other theory is that he could be running around in Canada, still a step ahead of the law.

I have some of the same thoughts...

"Wild Bill" William LD Cooper and D.B. Cooper parallels.

:)BIG problem - D.B. Cooper gave the name DAN COOPER on the ticket.
D.B. was a reporter error that stuck!

Just a FACT that many people try to ignore. What did Duane Weber tell me in 1995 several days before he died?

"I'm Dan Cooooper!"
Why did he say that when the media has always referred to Cooper as D.B.

Remember this - I had NO idea who DAN COOPER was and didn't understand what he was talking about and he got real mad. "Oh, Fuck let it die with me!" The dumb broad just didn't get it!

You are not very good with picture studies! Dan Cooper did NOT have a broad face and the eyes are listed as hazel for Wild Bill.

The bridge of the nose has a similar appearance - but that is all.
The hair line is approx with the composite.

NOTE: The artist could not get the hairline correct - not to please all of the witnesses. Florence in some old information on the 10th anniversary - tried again to explain the hair line and then the irregularity got worse - it became a widows peak.

If someone has the witness description given to the artist of record - you will find she kept trying to describe what whe was talking about and the artist just did NOT GET IT! The crew became upset with another artist yrs later who tried to re-create a composite for a TV program.

Was living at the start of the Cooper plane "Milk Run" in MN
Lived in Portland, Oregon at one time

Nope - flight began in Washington DC, after an overnite there.

"Flight 305 was a Boeing 727-51 that had begun the day in
Washington, D.C. It carried passengers to the Northwest hub in
Minneapolis, made stops in Great Falls and Missoula, MT, and
continued west to Portland, OR. The flight to Seattle (taking
only about 45 minutes) would conclude its day. The jet could
seat 94 passengers (66 in coach and 28 in first class) but it
carried just 37 customers and six crew members."

Crew exhausted by the end of the day.

http://n467us.com/