47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I guess Marla has her book ready to go. this was sent to me. it's from Facebook.

PLEASE WATCH!!!!!
I will make an announcement VERY soon about my book, "DB's Niece: the hijacked heart in my head." You'll be able to purchase it on Amazon. Part of the proceeds will go to The Wounded Warrior Project. Meanwhile, please see the following episode of "America's Book of Secrets" on The History Channel 2. Note: there is a narration script error RE: I never saw either of my two uncles again, which is not correct. Otherwise, It's a good teaser! I hope you enjoy it, and tell your friends

the Cooper story starts about half way thru....

http://www.history.com/shows/americas-book-of-secrets/videos/americas-book-of-secrets-lost-treasures#americas-book-of-secrets-lost-treasures

does Gray now believe Marla??????
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

I agree with a lot of what you said until you use the term liar. I think it's best for all if we continue to state things as unconfirmed, incorrect or just not true. tends to make things better since some people on here are friends with Marla. I was using that term when I first came onto the thread, people approached me with the issue, so I stopped.

I sent Gray an email earlier about his part in this video, he responded to me rather quickly last year when I conversed with him, so let's see what will transpire.

seems we also got a shot of grannies house where the boys had separate rooms? looked pretty small to me?

I'll be interested for the first time about what BK thinks of this, possibly someone took his story for once.
perhaps Marla will come on and say to Knoss.....Gotcha or bite me.....B|

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

I watch the History Channel video. Delving into consiperacy theories is always risky since it can sound like a cop out.

The one thing that does help support Marla's claim of CIA involvement is that the Cooper plane was used by the CIA per Grey if I remember correctly.

I attached two news pics. A B&W pic of the Cooper Family with teenage Dewey left and L.D. Right. (and another brother in the Navy?) The other color picture has L.D. in the middle.

The color picture appears to be a younger L.D. (before the hijacking?)

In the Family Picture. To me, it appears the boy on the far left is the witty and smart one (Dewey) when compared to L.D.

Maybe Dewey was the brains of the operation. If they did it.

testxyz

I watch the History Channel video. Delving into consiperacy theories is always risky since it can sound like a cop out.

The one thing that does help support Marla's claim of CIA involvement is that the Cooper plane was used by the CIA per Grey if I remember correctly.

I attached two news pics. One of the Cooper Family with teenage Dewey left and L.D. Right. (and another brother in the Navy?) The other picture has L.D. in the middle.

The other picture appears to be a younger L.D. (before the hijacking?)

if not mistaken, the second pic is Dewey. no hair ontopB|

we have two different time periods here. LD was in the Korean war, before the 727. I'm not sure, but was there Navy paratroopers in Korea, other than seals? as Blevind said, we beleve he was on a ship, no ground combat or paratrooper detail.

The one with the Navy uniform could be the oldest brother Willie (see photo)

If there was a CIA involvement. why would Dewey be part of the operation, and why would they pick these two older guys? a lot easier to train there own...no? why leave all the loose ends 40+ years????

she also claimed the files were "classified" that is true to an extent. the case is still open, they are not going to revel everything about the case. were just not alowed to see open case files. nothing out of the ordinary if you ask me.

keep in mind that Marla claimed he was not in his right mind after the war and was depressed his whole life she knows an awful lot about someone she last seen at 9 years old? no contact except here and there according to her statements last year. plus she said she thought it was a suicide mission, which makes you ask why Dewey was along again?

I dont think Geoff was referring to N467US (the Cooper plane)
but to the general use of 727's in Laos and Cambodia ... which
has been the most open classified secret since the bowling ball!

That anyone in this generation needed FBI files or classified
documents to know that ... never heard of VIETNAM!

In my neck of the woods that has been open acknowledged fact
since Grandpa got et by the owls. I literally don't understand
where this Top DSecret stuff about the use of 727's in Vietnam
& Thailand came from. Some people have been living in a cave?

mrshutter45

If there was a CIA involvement. why would Dewey be part of the operation, and why would they pick these two older guys? a lot easier to train there own...no? why leave all the loose end 40+ years????

she also claimed the files were "classified" that is true to an extent. the case is still open, they are not going to revel everything about the case. were just not alowed to see open case files. nothing out of the ordinary if you ask me.

Marla is just plain 'misinformed', or newly informed, partially
informed ... its a ridiculous claim on it's face. Almost as ridiculous
as the claim Optical Physics does not work in the cabins of
airplanes!

Keep in mind, these snuf pieces rest on all kinds of assumptions
no ordinary person of the world would make. These producers
don't care and presume people aren morons or it doesn't matter:
They use the art of the bait and inflame -
Like Lincoln had two wives! The use of the 727 by the CIA and
USAF was top secret. Quartz is a gas. Lemons contain arsenic.
NYCity is infested by fire ants. Orientals have a different ocular
physiology that the rest of Homo Sapiens and therefore "can't
fly airplanes"! DB Cooper controlled very move the pilots made
during the flight. Etc.

georger

***If there was a CIA involvement. why would Dewey be part of the operation, and why would they pick these two older guys? a lot easier to train there own...no? why leave all the loose end 40+ years????

airplanes!

agreed. after watching this. one can only assume since Marla was on here, seen BK's story and ran with it. too much in common not to believe it came from here. perhaps old BK will be found out in the up and coming news B|:$;)

BK might have to pull out the 27 foot trailer full of files and go toe to toe. he better tell Mac to run silent and deep. I calculate about 6 feet deep should do it B|;)

mrshutter45

******If there was a CIA involvement. why would Dewey be part of the operation, and why would they pick these two older guys? a lot easier to train there own...no? why leave all the loose end 40+ years????

airplanes!

agreed. after watching this. one can only assume since Marla was on here, seen BK's story and ran with it. too much in common not to believe it came from here. perhaps old BK will be found out in the up and coming news B|:$;)

BK might have to pull out the 27 foot trailer full of files and go toe to toe. he better tell Mac to run silent and deep. I calculate about 6 feet deep should do it B|;)

Yes. I think Dropzone played a BIG ROLE in her education for a
script. But she isn't the first or the last ... sorry to say.

Hutzpah comes to mind.

RobertMBlevins

Georger says in part:

'Marla is just plain 'misinformed', or newly informed, partially informed ... its a ridiculous claim on it's face. Almost as ridiculous as the claim Optical Physics does not work in the cabins of airplanes!'

You are referring in that last part where I said it MIGHT be difficult for nervous and under-stress witnesses to judge someone's true height in the confines of an aircraft cabin. 'Might be' is the key phrase here. It's easier to judge someone's height compared to yours when they are standing next to you out in the open at the bus stop, for example.

Now that we know via Geoff Gray that not only the stews, but the passenger witnesses gave varying descriptions of the hijacker, I think that statement has some merit.

It could go the other way as well. Maybe the hijacker was six-four or something. But after I read Gray's statements about the witness testimony it made me think. He's the only guy recently who was allowed to examine the originals. His opinion on this would be of value.

how much of his description do you wish to tamper with? since we can change his height I guess we can also change the age group to be in his 30's up to mid 50's. where does it end, or is this only because KC was 5'8" the shortest on the long list of suspects.

If LD was born in 1933 and was 38. the description could be off and now allow LD into the pool.

the cabin height of a 727 is 86.3" (7 foot)
a person person 6' 4" would be 10" from the ceiling.
a person 6' would be 14"
a person 5'8" would be 18" from the ceiling.

here is a picture from the movie "The Pursuit Of DB Cooper" Robert Duvall is near the rear exit of the plane.
Robert Duvall is 5' 10"

pic #2 is a comparison to someone 4" shorter than Duvall. note how they would have to look up.

how tall was Tina?

looking back in the thread I read Tina was 5' 8" how did she get it wrong by saying she had to look up at Cooper?

testxyz

testxyz

Since you are obviously promoting Marla on this thread I won't address the last part of your post only the statement above.

The plane was the same kind of plane but not the same plane. It was JO WEBER who claimed this for yrs and yrs and yrs. I kept telling the thread about a segment I had seen with Duane and the stories he told me about that, but NO on would listen.

Then in the THREAD - Snowmman found the clip. 377 was amazed as he had looked for it as had others. They just decided Jo was off her rocker and then BANG! Snowmman found the same clip I watched with Weber around 1989....I had told them it was on national TV and not on a history channel or something like that as I have never had cable - just what you get with an antennae.

SO IN YOUR PROMOTING GIVE CREDIT WERE CREDIT IS DUE - TO SNOWMMAN AND JO WEBER.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

"SO IN YOUR PROMOTING GIVE CREDIT WERE CREDIT IS DUE - TO SNOWMMAN AND JO WEBER."

was this knowledge brought to the case, as in the FBI not knowing this, or only brought to the thread?

also the comic seems to have been found long before this thread........20 years + I believe. Georger explained it was pretty well known before the thread. (the jump from a 727)

I don't think you have any evidence of testxyz promoting anything. this person seems to be trying to find answers just like most of us are.......

added.

Gray sent me two emails. he didn't realize the 'trailer" was out, said some things about the Jefferson find, and the funny connection with BK, but didn't really answer my question about him being on the show. here was the final note...

"Let's talk more at some point. Would love to hear more of your thoughts.

-G "

mrshutter45

***Georger says in part:

'Marla is just plain 'misinformed', or newly informed, partially informed ... its a ridiculous claim on it's face. Almost as ridiculous as the claim Optical Physics does not work in the cabins of airplanes!'

You are referring in that last part where I said it MIGHT be difficult for nervous and under-stress witnesses to judge someone's true height in the confines of an aircraft cabin. 'Might be' is the key phrase here. It's easier to judge someone's height compared to yours when they are standing next to you out in the open at the bus stop, for example.

Now that we know via Geoff Gray that not only the stews, but the passenger witnesses gave varying descriptions of the hijacker, I think that statement has some merit.

It could go the other way as well. Maybe the hijacker was six-four or something. But after I read Gray's statements about the witness testimony it made me think. He's the only guy recently who was allowed to examine the originals. His opinion on this would be of value.

how much of his description do you wish to tamper with? since we can change his height I guess we can also change the age group to be in his 30's up to mid 50's. where does it end, or is this only because KC was 5'8" the shortest on the long list of suspects.

If LD was born in 1933 and was 38. the description could be off and now allow LD into the pool.

the cabin height of a 727 is 86.3" (7 foot)
a person person 6' 4" would be 10" from the ceiling.
a person 6' would be 14"
a person 5'8" would be 18" from the ceiling.

here is a picture from the movie "The Pursuit Of DB Cooper" Robert Duvall is near the rear exit of the plane.
Robert Duvall is 5' 10"

pic #2 is a comparison to someone 4" shorter than Duvall. note how they would have to look up.

how tall was Tina?

looking back in the thread I read Tina was 5' 8" how did she get it wrong by saying she had to look up at Cooper?

This is NOT a problem in General Relativity.

Nor is it an issue one can pick apart and trivialise into
non-existence in order to dismiss witness testimony on the vain
hope of fitting a dwarf into the Celtics lineup.

Let's cut through this cult gobblewobble by simply noting Cooper
was also seen and observed for a long period in the airport at
PDX. At the ticket counter. In the lineup boarding. Walking,
standing, and sitting in the NWA lobby.

Blevins' arguments on this point is just bad highschool drama.
We should be way beyond ignoring such claptrap.

I'm not promoting anyone as being D.B. Cooper.

Mr. Gray says "that plane" was used for parachuting, dropping supplies and such right after a picture of the Cooper plane is shown.

Maybe his statement was taken out of context and Gray was talking in general about 727's. I was thinking Gray had special access to FBI files and maybe knew something about the Cooper plane we do not.

Attached is a picture of Lynn Cooper and Dewey Cooper side by side. (I do not know of what age they are in each pic)

Attached is another picture showing three differenct images of L.D. Cooper. For a long time only one picture was available.

testxyz

Mr. Gray says "that plane" was used for parachuting, dropping supplies and such right after a picture of the Cooper plane is shown.

Maybe his statement was taken out of context and Gray was talking in general about 727's. I was thinking Gray had special access to FBI files and maybe knew something about the Cooper plane we do not.

Attached is a picture of Lynn Cooper and Dewey Cooper side by side. (I do not know of what age they are in each pic)

Attached is another picture showing three differenct images of L.D. Cooper. For a long time only one picture was available.

Gray did access the files. I hope you understand I didn't make the comment of promoting.

it's hard to figure some of the ages, I don't think the one where he has a green shirt on is anywhere close to 71. we know the very first pic was supposed to be around Christmas of 72. lot's of hair lose.

here is the video showing the 727 cargo and paratroopers out the back of the plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrqdmXxBZjI

mrshutter45

"SO IN YOUR PROMOTING GIVE CREDIT WERE CREDIT IS DUE - TO SNOWMMAN AND JO WEBER."

was this knowledge brought to the case, as in the FBI not knowing this, or only brought to the thread?

also the comic seems to have been found long before this thread........20 years + I believe. Georger explained it was pretty well known before the thread. (the jump from a 727)

We are speaking about socalled incursions into Cambodia and
Laos which occurred under Nixon and before for the purpose of
reconnaissance, supplying loyalists, and ocassional interventions
in order to disrupt the NVA who were running supplies and troops
through Laos and Cambodia in support their war effort further
south into Vietnam. Had the 727 been involved as a platform in
these missions, and had Cooper perhaps served in some
cappacity in such missions.

If you recall Ckret had brought up the idea of Cooper perhaps
having been involved in such missions as a 'cargo handler'?

Snowmman and 377 were seeking "proof" of such missions
involving the 727 specifically. What surprised me was that
anyone would question it or that the 727 had been involved?
Those rear stairs on the 727 are an automatic tipoff! I mean
anyone just seeing a 727 and those rear stairs could deduce the
opportunity for 'parachuting' mout the back of one of those
airplanes, using the rear stairs. You didn't have to have
Classified information to see the potential opporunity. And in
fact, Cooper stood right at the ticket counter and asked Hal
Williams specifically: "That is a 727 that is coming?" I guess
Williams hadn't thought about it, so he checked, and answered
"yes". Right there was a potential red flag, as we would see it in
today's perspective. Back in 1971 few people on the civilian side
were thinking in such terms even if employed by an airline -

Ive said this before but I think Cooper could very easily have
deduced 'you might be able to parachute out the back of a
727 using the rear stairs', just by visiting an airport and watching
727's come and go. And he could have explored the possibility
further just by talking to the right people. So far as I know
nobody came forwad later to say: 'Hey. There was a guy asking
about parachuting from a 727 last year. I'm not sure who he
was.'

I mean daVinci and Wright got the idea of airfoils, just watching
birds. You didn't have to be a bird. :D

testxyz

Geoff doesnt have a technical background and is weak on
technical matters. He's a smart guy with a good education
but he's at the layman's level when it comes to issues of
technology and science. I've dealt with him personally on these
matters ... and so has Tom Kaye.

Geoff does take the time to try and understand technical
matters but he sometimes mispeaks on technical issues -
that's my personal experience with him.

"you might be able to parachute out the back of a
727 using the rear stairs', just by visiting an airport
and watching 727's come and go."

I agree, this was out of the ordinary for people to see. a creative mind could easily put this together.

mrshutter45

"you might be able to parachute out the back of a
727 using the rear stairs', just by visiting an airport
and watching 727's come and go."

I agree, this was out of the ordinary for people to see. a
creative mind could easily put this together.

That is the part I have trouble with. That an ordinary person
couldnt or wouldnt see it ...

I do think men would see it (notice it) faster than women would.
Amazon excepted ...

Cooper obviously saw it!

Yours is a good point in any event.

Later ...

mrshutter45

The Damn Comic was never mentioned in the Cooper Case until Snowmman brought it up in this thread. If YOU think it was - PRODUCE the evidence - PRODUCE the articles where the FBI said this or and if it was made public. IT was not until Snowmman found it and put it in the thread and then Carr used it on the FBI site! The FBI plagurized Snowmman! If you can prove otherwise I will apologize - but I have done this for 17 yrs and never found the Comic until Snowmman put it in the thread. The Comic was never mentioned by the FBI and if it was part of the FBI files - they never made it public.

The FBI and any one using this comic angle will need to prove it was in the minutes and that there was an article bringing it public that Cooper may have taken his name from the Comics and that the FBI was looking for such a person. NOTHING like this was made known that I was aware of.

smokin99 presented the articles a week or so ago.

your response was as follows.

"1982 - that was interesting and something NONE of us were aware of.
Thank You! "

here are a couple of them B|

The Damn Comic was never mentioned in the Cooper Case until Snowmman brought it up in this thread. If YOU think it was - PRODUCE the evidence - PRODUCE the articles where the FBI said this or and if it was made public. IT was not until Snowmman found it and put it in the thread and then Carr used it on the FBI site!

I'm not going to reply to this or provide proof for two reasons:
(a) not going to feed anyone's ego, and (b) Im not going to feed
anyone's next cult classic on TV!, and (c) I'm not going to have
people pestered by you on the telephone. I know your habits.

(d) The socalled Cooper Comic may have been new to
Snowmman and Carr, but neither of them have lived in an
esoteric university environment where lots of trivia is known,
by all sorts of people coming and going from all over the world.

The two reasons above are two good reasons not to comment
further, too.

Two! :D

Thanks or your concern for accuracy, two.

mrshutter45

smokin99 presented the articles a week or so ago.

your response was as follows.

"1982 - that was interesting and something NONE of us were aware of.
Thank You! "

here are a couple of them B|

God bless you and Smokin99! I can rest in Peace!

I am now late for a metting of cultists trying to get a
birthday present delivered ...

viv la Weinberg etal ...

Marla should have claimed LD saw the comic on a college
dorm room wall!

:D

We are speaking about so called incursions into Cambodia and Laos which occurred under Nixon and before for the purpose of reconnaissance, supplying loyalists, and ocassional interventions in order to disrupt the NVA who were running supplies and troops through Laos and Cambodia in support their war effort furthersouth into Vietnam. Had the 727 been involved as a platform in these missions, and had Cooper perhaps served in some capacity in such missions.

If you recall Ckret had brought up the idea of Cooper perhaps
having been involved in such missions as a 'cargo handler'?

HEY! I had already said at that time that I thought Duane was a Cargo Kicker. Note I say "Kicker" - why did I say "Kicker" . Remember that Duane Weber did NOT exist from 1962 to 1966 - wonder WHY? A group of rotten no good guys where trained for a deadly mission - and YOU can bet it was NOT something the government wanted the PUBLIC to know!

INTERMOUNTAIN COMMUNICATION!

1962 TO 1972 - HAVE YOU already forgotten about all of that. Well, I haven't and Duane knew Paperlegs Richard Petersen and his wife. Paperlegs put this group together with renegades! Like Weber! The mission did training missions in secret in Tx, Co, Az and ALASKA....Not all of the guys made the grade, but it was FAST GOOD money if the SURVIVED.

Where could a con - pick up several thousands of dollars he didn't have to report? They went out on the mission and survived - they got their paycheck - otherwise NO one ever missed them if they didn't return! ARE you naive enough to believe this did NOT happen. They were men NO one would miss...and if they survived all they had to do was use the fake ID's and stay out of trouble.
They got enough money to make a new start with a new ID.

Want to BET that there was NOT fingerprints out there on the John Collins ID that matched the prints on Duane Weber - EXACTLY why the WEBER encarceration was as JOHN COLLINS. The FBI never produced prints for Jefferson - they used prints from McNeil per Carr and per the agent I spoke with.

Snowmman and 377 were seeking "proof" of such missions
involving the 727 specifically

BULLSHIT - go back to your own posts - even you did NOT believe it ever happened! I told the FBI about this from DAY one!

If you think it was such a surprised no one questioned it - why did they do the experiments with the 727 if it was NOT questionable?

You didn't have to have
Classified information to see the potential opporunity. And in
fact, Cooper stood right at the ticket counter and asked Hal
Williams specifically: "That is a 727 that is coming?"

Right you didn't need classified information all you needed was knowledge of the test and the 727's and Duane WEBER had both!
WHY the F do you think they did the tests? To be sure how it could be done and if it could be done safely!