47 47
quade

DB Cooper

mrshutter45

well, Marla did claim he was at grandma's house during the hijacking so it's possible they couldn't locate him.......but again, here is the house similar to what was there in 71, hardly a home to give someone there own room?

who filed, Lynn's name is on top?

Lynn Cooper is the Plaintiff. He filed for the divorce.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

EVickiW

***well, Marla did claim he was at grandma's house during the hijacking so it's possible they couldn't locate him.......but again, here is the house similar to what was there in 71, hardly a home to give someone there own room?

who filed, Lynn's name is on top?

Lynn Cooper is the Plaintiff. He filed for the divorce.

Thanks Vicki, I just caught that......little slow today B|

so, we have him in Nevada in the start of November on record.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

testxyz

Smokin, great find!

According to this article.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2011/aug/04/did-cooper-suspect-once-live-in-fruit-valley/

A Lynn D. Cooper lived in Vancouver, Washington in 1969 and 1970. Picture of house attached.

Close to Portland Airport and the Dropzone. A good place to live and learn the area.

I remember this article. I think this is a different LD. I found records of a Lynn D Cooper that was a much older than our LD. I'll see if I can still find info on him.this broke out at the same time Marla's story first aired.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

mrshutter45

***Smokin, great find!

http://www.columbian.com/news/2011/aug/04/did-cooper-suspect-once-live-in-fruit-valley/

A Lynn D. Cooper lived in Vancouver, Washington in 1969 and 1970. Picture of house attached.

Close to Portland Airport and the Dropzone. A good place to live and learn the area.

I remember this article. I think this is a different LD. I found records of a Lynn D Cooper that was a much older than our LD. I'll see if I can still find info on him.this broke out at the same time Marla's story first aired.

As far as that goes, I didn't check out any further to verify that the Lynn D in the divorce is Lynn Doyle. I was relying on a post on here that said Marla's Lynn Doyle was married to a Becky Jo Defoe. Just putting that caveat out there. :)
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

mrshutter45

***Smokin, great find!

I think that's right. The presumed Vancouver connection was
a promising lead in the beginning then it fissled. Does anyone
have an arrest record for LD to know what prints etc are
on file that the FBI would have compared with?

At the end of the day LD will probably pass into the "cult" file,
along with Weber, KC, and the rest ...

georger

******Smokin, great find!

I didn't find any criminal activity with LD. I assume they used his military records for prints?

smokin99

******Smokin, great find!

As far as that goes, I didn't check out any further to verify that the Lynn D in the divorce is Lynn Doyle. I was relying on a post on here that said Marla's Lynn Doyle was married to a Becky Jo Defoe. Just putting that caveat out there. :)
Plus he had moved to Nevada or Oklahoma ?

Would be good to know if the LD at Vancouver is NOT Marla's
LD ... but the other posters reference is good. It just got lost
in the fanfare at the same time ...

mrshutter45

*********Smokin, great find!

I didn't find any criminal activity with LD. I assume they used his
military records for prints?

When Mr.X backed Marla and helped her bring LD to the FBI
he checked LD's records. I thought he told me and others there
was a minor record, nothing serious. LD was known for his stunts
and pranks ... that much I do remember X saying.

I can call X and ask around if you want ... ?

Pse understand Im just where I was at the start. Its my
understanding LD has been vetted and is not DBC. But of course
I can have the wroing story from the wrong people too - you
just never know for sure. :D Things get confused in the
vortex.

georger

*********Smokin, great find!

Plus he had moved to Nevada or Oklahoma ?

Would be good to know if the LD at Vancouver is NOT Marla's
LD ... but the other posters reference is good. It just got lost
in the fanfare at the same time ...

it seems most of the records on LD is from Nevada during the early 70's, Dewey was also there in the 80's married a Janet Marie Fitch.

"I can call X and ask around if you want ... ? "

personally I don't think he was Cooper, just going over some facts for testxyz. this person seems interested in finding some answers to this. perhaps Testxyz would like the info?

mrshutter45

"I can call X and ask around if you want ... ? "

personally I don't think he was Cooper, just going over some facts for testxyz. this person seems interested in finding some answers to this. perhaps Testxyz would like the info?

Smokin99 has a 99.99% record of fair impartial research.
I think she will get to the bottom of things if she can, and wants
to.

I will make a few contacts tomorrow and perhaps call X, and
post later. Frankly, I want to give Smokin all the room and
freedom she needs and wants ...

Greene

Amazon, I hope you were responding to mr? whatever his name is, and not Jim West
Jim west still jumps and fly's every weekend ! Still active, and runs the same DZ you used to jump at :)
Lee West

Yiup pretty much Lee:D

See I do have a clue.. and no way am I going to argue with the boss ( either of you):)

I also have something to share about a man who contacted me for over 2 months who gave me a "story" about Weber. Supposedly his contacts matched the Marla Cooper contact. I stopped communicating with this guy because he was making his story up as we went. Just like BK.

The man claimed to have a US Marshall and a backer - I finally cut the man off but I saved all of his emails - bet they match someone from the DL camp!

It sounded like a MARLA act from the start, but I played along. When Cossey was killed I stopped communicating with this man - because I realized what he was up to.

Told me he had a witness who ID'd Duane at a store in Carson a couple of days after the crime and that he used a pay phone and was picked up by a WHITE caddie with a man driving and a blonde woman in the back. IT smelled like and sounded like a trap set by Marla's Camp. The man could get quiet angry on the phone if I didn't agree with him. This went on for several wks and then I caught him...he was using sources I had used and claiming he had a buddy there who was putting himself at great jeopardy by obtaining info from a source. There are only a couple of peole who work at that location and neitherh one of them had any contact with this man.

What the man did not understand was how deep and personal my contacts had been and that I had already done a lot on that particular place with it's 100's of archived photos of forestry workers, sawmill workers and others. His story started in one place and suddenly he shifts in a different direction. I played along until I got bored and then I dropped it!

This was in Feb and Mar and lasted until about a wk or 10 days after Cossey got killed. I got nervous regarding the 'game' he was playing and just ceased communications.

Since he got MAD at me - he has moved on. He said this thread was monitored by the Marshall or the Backer...he would tell me not to post about it. He was all over the place, but I let it play thru. Unless you can verify your sources defy and beware. He sent me warnings telling me about something that was being said in the thread - but, I knew what it was - and was no threat. He claimed what he had done in a few wks the thread had not done.

Hopefully he moved on, but I doubt it - he was sure Weber was Cooper. So now he is working on the DL angle - betcha! That or it was a plant by Marla's crew!

Picture of Duane looking like DL posted versus the LD pic Marla claimed was identified as Cooper.

The pic of Duane was taken on Christmas 1977 by me at my home.

Duane was born in 1924 and LD was born in 1933 - pretty hard to make LD be a middle aged man. She has provided NO good decent pic of LD.
What is shown is that LD's eyes looked NOTHING like Cooper and LD had lighter hair with smaller eyes,

Coopers eye were very prominent to the stewardess who saw him look over his glasses and tell her "Miss, I have a bomb". He looked straight at her!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

"LD was born in 1933 "

keep in mind the date of 1933 has not been confirmed. it makes more sense than 1931, but hasn't been confirmed as being correct. the probability of his birth being incorrect is high.

skyjack71

I also have something to share about a man who contacted me for over 2 months who gave me a "story" about Weber. Supposedly his contacts matched the Marla Cooper contact. I stopped communicating with this guy because he was making his story up as we went. Just like BK.

The man claimed to have a US Marshall and a backer - I finally cut the man off but I saved all of his emails - bet they match someone from the DL camp!

It sounded like a MARLA act from the start, but I played along. When Cossey was killed I stopped communicating with this man - because I realized what he was up to.

Told me he had a witness who ID'd Duane at a store in Carson a couple of days after the crime and that he used a pay phone and was picked up by a WHITE caddie with a man driving and a blonde woman in the back. IT smelled like and sounded like a trap set by Marla's Camp. The man could get quiet angry on the phone if I didn't agree with him. This went on for several wks and then I caught him...he was using sources I had used and claiming he had a buddy there who was putting himself at great jeopardy by obtaining info from a source. There are only a couple of peole who work at that location and neitherh one of them had any contact with this man.

What the man did not understand was how deep and personal my contacts had been and that I had already done a lot on that particular place with it's 100's of archived photos of forestry workers, sawmill workers and others. His story started in one place and suddenly he shifts in a different direction. I played along until I got bored and then I dropped it!

This was in Feb and Mar and lasted until about a wk or 10 days after Cossey got killed. I got nervous regarding the 'game' he was playing and just ceased communications.

Since he got MAD at me - he has moved on. He said this thread was monitored by the Marshall or the Backer...he would tell me not to post about it. He was all over the place, but I let it play thru. Unless you can verify your sources defy and beware. He sent me warnings telling me about something that was being said in the thread - but, I knew what it was - and was no threat. He claimed what he had done in a few wks the thread had not done.

Hopefully he moved on, but I doubt it - he was sure Weber was Cooper. So now he is working on the DL angle - betcha! That or it was a plant by Marla's crew!

Picture of Duane looking like DL posted versus the LD pic Marla claimed was identified as Cooper.

The pic of Duane was taken on Christmas 1977 by me at my home.

Duane was born in 1924 and LD was born in 1933 - pretty hard to make LD be a middle aged man. She has provided NO good decent pic of LD.
What is shown is that LD's eyes looked NOTHING like Cooper and LD had lighter hair with smaller eyes,

Coopers eye were very prominent to the stewardess who saw him look over his glasses and tell her "Miss, I have a bomb". He looked straight at her!

Just curious.

Are you talking about initial N. in the southwest ?

I had to ask. :D

I won't say any more - it's your business. I honestly don't care
one way or the other and you can take that to the bank.

Just confirm if you will ? I wont ask or discuss it further.

RobertMBlevins

Georger says in part:

'At the end of the day LD will probably pass into the "cult" file, along with Weber, KC, and the rest ...

KC a cult? Now that's a new one. Here's my definition of 'cult':

***'A self-identified group of people who share a narrowly defined interest or perspective...'

I think you defined cult very well.

self-identified group of people...

who share a narrowly defined interest or perspective...

marked by "ritual" or habitual performance in persuit of
espoused principles or goals in veneration of a person,
ideal, or thing, or custom, always divorced from and
superior to, reality.

The behavior and product of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
(see DSM)

Cooper candidates derrived in such a manner, who are NOT
DB Cooper!, would then qualify as "cult" candidates. They are
mere candidates because in point of fact they never rise to
the level of being suspects, except within the cult(s) that
are claiming they are or could be suspected of being DB Cooper.

One hallmark of cult activity is the reliance on psychic activity,
suspension of the natural laws of nature and science, and claims
to having special knowledge or sensibilities in detecting TRUTH
from fiction which the rest of the population cannot see or know.

Well, it's easy for me.

I refuse to post here under these INTOLERABLE CONDITIONS.

You can ban me if you want.

I am entitled to my viewpoint on the ROBERTMBLEVINS socalled
ADVENTURE BOOKS REGIME that has controlled every facet of
life here for three years.

As I see this, it is a literal choice between HIM or US!

This is a disgrace and crazy on it's face.

I have another Cooper forum I can go to if I want, where I have
some personal control over matters such as this. Where neither
RobertMBlevins/Adventure Books or Jo Weber are allowed,
period.

The fact is: this forum is not indispensable or fire proof in terms
of DB Cooper discussion. The discussions will go on just fine
without this thread!

:D:D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

mrshutter45 wrote:

"Would be good to know if the LD at Vancouver is NOT Marla's LD"

Yes, that would be good to know.

I found that a Lynn Doyle Cooper born around 1933 lived in Sparks and Reno Nevada. Plus he lived in Eugene Oregon which is also on I-5 like Vancouver. (Eugene to Sisters is about a 2 hour drive).

L.D. Cooper would be about 80 today, if he was still alive. Additional detailed information can be obtained with this search service.

http://www.intelius.com/results.php?ReportType=1&formname=name&qf=lynn&qmi=d&qn=cooper&qcs=&focusfirst=1&page=1&sz=20

(18)
Lynn Doyle Cooper , age 80

Sparks, NV
Reno, NV
Eugene, OR

Relatives

Diana Cooper
Marcia Cooper

testxyz

mrshutter45 wrote:

"Would be good to know if the LD at Vancouver is NOT Marla's LD"

Yes, that would be good to know.

I found that a Lynn Doyle Cooper born around 1933 lived in Sparks and Reno Nevada. Plus he lived in Eugene Oregon which is also on I-5 like Vancouver. (Eugene to Sisters is about a 2 hour drive).

L.D. Cooper would be about 80 today, if he was still alive. Additional detailed information can be obtained with this search service.

http://www.intelius.com/results.php?ReportType=1&formname=name&qf=lynn&qmi=d&qn=cooper&qcs=&focusfirst=1&page=1&sz=20

(18)
Lynn Doyle Cooper , age 80

Sparks, NV
Reno, NV
Eugene, OR

Relatives

Diana Cooper
Marcia Cooper

that sounds about right. he lived in two homes with Marcia in Sparks (see photo) this is why I find it hard to believe these guys were in hiding with there names on documents all over the place? if I was hiding from the law. I wouldn't leave a paper trail like this.

Yes, out of the midwest, but the name I was provided - neither stated with an "N".

There are persons of interest - well, more than one that started with an N.
;) Well, one chance out of 28 of being right! So we can try the first 2 letters except I just do NOT know which one to start with - again 28 chances one would be right!

One name I do not know the second letter - could be Ni or Ny or Ne, but the rest sounds like mick....connected to Boeing in a way, but not sure how.

RobertMBlevins

KC a cult? Now that's a new one. Here's my definition of 'cult':

Refuse to give you MORE space to repeat the same thing you did before about the definition of 'cult'. THIS is the same thing you did and it irritates the hell out of people and only causes them to get inflamed and post things they regret. Please take your trivia on definitions someplace else.

You only do these things to inflame!
Yet, those who only visit occassionally do not see what you repeatedly do to upset others. This thread is about Cooper and not a dictionary!

Born June 18, 1924
Died March 28, 1995

If alive today he would be 89 yrs old!

Testxyz - I am watching your verbage and your handle is very much like the man who contacted me!

The man who contacted me started off with a name that was a friend of Duane's (not difficult to do if you have read the thread and/or have knowledge of the history I have provided to individuals like Sluggo and others).

His story started when he was a boy on a vacation with family. I would not provide him with the last name of the friend - this seemed to incite him. This name he was associating with a Boeing employee, but would not give me a name. It was a stand-off!

He produced a picture I had not seen before, but blacked out the other individuals. There was a ring familiarity to the pic - I told him there was NO way for me to comment. I had seen that damn photo before or another one taken about the same time...but the only way I was going to be sure was if I could see all of the faces. he refused to do so. It was not so much as I recognized the man (I didn't), but the tie I had seen before.

Probably just a popular thing back then. When I went to CA to see Duane's brother there where pictures on the wall of John and a friend. I asked his wife about them out of curiousity. One specific picture stood out - not at that time, but NOW!

IT was a picture of John with a man associated with John & Boeing. I have NO idea who ended up with the pictures after John died, but I would love to see a copy of that photo - ONE more time. I thought the other photo I had remembered was posted on this thread by 377, but he said no. It was 2 men sitting on a couch in the 60's.
One was wearing the same damn tie I saw in the pic sent to me by Mr. X.

A few days later he shifts to another story & pulls away from Boeing and the picture. Suddenly he has a witness! If there were individuals out there who had made claims of seeing Cooper - they would have surfaced LONG ago. He did claim the woman ID a photo of Duane as being the man who called himself "Dusty".

We all know that "Dusty" is a name tatooed on Duane's arm and associated with his prison records.

I enjoyed talking to the guy, but then all things have to come to an end and he was all over the board. I just decided to move on at that point. Why he presented something to me that was familiar and nothing I had specifically posted about - was of interest and still is. If I saw all the faces in that group photo - would have a better grasp of a memory buried in all of the useless CRAP my mind has retained.

skyjack71

Yes, out of the midwest, but the name I was provided - neither stated with an "N".

There are persons of interest - well, more than one that started with an N.
;) Well, one chance out of 28 of being right! So we can try the first 2 letters except I just do NOT know which one to start with - again 28 chances one would be right!

One name I do not know the second letter - could be Ni or Ny or Ne, but the rest sounds like mick....connected to Boeing in a way, but not sure how.

ok, I appreciate the info. As I said Jo its your business ..
I wont persue it... thanks...

Amazon

***Amazon, I hope you were responding to mr? whatever his name is, and not Jim West
Jim west still jumps and fly's every weekend ! Still active, and runs the same DZ you used to jump at :)
Lee West

Yiup pretty much Lee:D

See I do have a clue.. and no way am I going to argue with the boss ( either of you):)

Wisdom. One would do well to heed this sage advice, bow to Lee and Jim (but keep an eye on 'em) :P

They are GOOD people! Always have been always will be!

Matt

Sorry Quade, Off topic, I know.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!