47 47
quade

DB Cooper

RobertMBlevins

Yes, Smokin'...I did say that regarding Rick Cochran, the com officer on Shemya. He did say that. But this came from a guy older than Moses who was mistaken about serving on Shemya at the same time as KC and Geestman. He seemed sure about the comic, and 'pretty sure' on KC and Geestman. Well, he was wrong. One of the biggest problems in tracing Christiansen's movements within NWA has been their habit of purging employee records every few years. They used to do that before the advent of computers to keep down the amount of paper they had to store. Bruce Kitt at NWA will tell you the same thing. He's quite knowledgeable on Shemya and the history of NWA.

Investigating Christiansen hasn't been easy, you know. Name one person who has gotten every single thing perfect investigating Cooper in general. The fact is it can't be done. Ask the FBI.

You get some things right, others wrong. You try to find out the truth on the things you missed or were mistaken about, and then you move on. It's the only way. ;)

This was one of the big reasons why I pulled the original edition of the book within weeks and started over.

No one said you had to be perfect - just that sometimes it's just easier to say you were wrong and let that be that instead of trying to explain it away by saying you didn't say something or blaming other folks. Seriously, no one wants to hear for the 100th time why and how others steered you wrong about Kenny. It is what it is.

It is my belief, as it stands-- if what we've been led to believe the FBI has, this case will never be definitively solved without the money, a body, or other effects that can lead to a conclusion (like "the" chute found in a large, deep body of water).

Second best would be a first-person confession to multiple non-biased witnesses (preferably law enforcement, a judge, a preacher, and all of the Cooper dropzone forum participants) where everything confessed is checked and converges towards a preponderance of evidence conclusion. (I don't think you could ever get beyond a reasonable doubt) :)

Seriously, no amount of "investigation" that you or Jo or Marla or Galen or any other interested parties do at this point is likely to change this and you all live in very breakable houses - because logic can dismantle each story as easy as not and, so far, no one has come close to a preponderance of evidence, much less prints or DNA or other tangible proof. Just a bunch of memories and circumstantial whatnot which might or might not be suspect for whatever reason.

Who knows - maybe Marla is working on her second edition where she "gets it right".... or maybe she's crazy or a liar...or maybe she just had some memories and went from there.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

lol.
Confucius says “The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.”
However, nothing in my prior post should be construed to mean that we should stop trying to solve it. It's like a house of mirrors at the fair when you're young and like that kind of stuff ;)- the fun is in finding the way out, not the final step you make out the door.

but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

smokin99

******Skyjack71 says in part:

'YOU are going will close the thread down. You are so SELF-consumed you do NOT realize there are some very serious things going on in COOPER WORLD right now. The case is being CLOSED. We do NOT know if it being closed as solved or what terminology they will use...'

Really? Case closed? Says who? Name a verifiable source, please. Marla Cooper claimed the same thing in December 2011 and so far that hasn't happened. On the chance you are right, then you never know. Maybe they ARE closing the case.

Maybe the Seattle FBI finally took the time to go around and talk to a few people. :)

Hey, it could happen. I gave them a not-too-bad head start. :)

You gave them nothing, Dumbo. You're not smart enough to even come close to accomplishing anything close to that. I'll bet your KC report is in the bottom of some bird cage getting shit on about now. It's intuitively obvious you have an over-inflated opinion of your capabilties and mental aptitude. MeyerLouie

You know what. -- I get that some folks on here don't like Robert Blevins and, while there might even be merit in some of your complaints, this constant back and forth is just plain getting old.
This place is resembling a playground with unruly bully brats.

Why don't you just ignore Robert Blevins? Put him on your no-fly list. Really, unless you have a valid post and are responding to his data or logic, why not just ignore his posts and not respond? Just sail right over them. Talk about the flight path, talk about Tina, talk about anything except for RobertMBlevins. It will be hard, but you can do it. :)
Attack the logic and the data, not the person. No one says we h ave to like each other, or that we all don't need an attitude adjustment every once in a while -- but I think the rules do say we need to be somewhat civil.

Yeah, I think Blevins oughta try to ignore a couple of you too cause sometimes I think he gets off on the back and forth. That said - if every post I made was attacked without rhyme or reason I'd probably get worse too.

Just saying.... If Quade came on here today, I'm betting it won't be Blevins that gets banned.

I don't want to see anyone banned so lighten up.

You are my moral agent, my mother now? Already had two, don't need another one. You drop in whenever, once in a blue moon, do your astute analysis, with nice attachments, then you disappear for another month or so. You have bad-mouthed the forum on different occasions -- I think the last time you said your husband couldn't believe that you actually came back to the DZ forum -- I think you said that when you came back to comment on the Cossey tragedy. You have said, on other occasions, you can't believe you keep coming back here to the forum. So why tell us that? Isn't it a bit condescending on your part? No one is forcing you to be here. It's a bit disingenuous. Save the putdowns of the forum, and save criticizing me for my putdowns of you know who..

So, I don't see a whole lot of commitment, on your part, to this forum. It's a bit arrogant (maybe even motherly) for you to drop in once in a blue moon, admonish Blevins, Georger, now me, and others for our unacceptable and childish behavior. Then you say I need to watch out, because I'm the one who's going to get banned.

Who are you? Who died and made you boss?

Actually, I verbally abuse Blevins because he's single-handedly ruining this forum. I actually care about this forum, I am speaking out against the stupidity I see here. Believe it or not, I like talking about the case, I like sharing my research with the other experts on this forum. It's fun. But there's someone here who is ruining all the fun , and we all know who he is.

Admonish someone somewhere else. I already have a mother.

MeyerLouie

RobertMBlevins

In the case of Christiansen, should he be proven NOT to be the hijacker, this would simply eliminate one of the major suspects and we could move on.

Blevins, As you well know, you cannot prove a negative.

Once the real Cooper is identified, all other suspects will be eliminated in one stroke and the whole Cooper matter will be over.

Until that day arrives, the sponsors of KC, Duane, LD, etc., etc., will make it a point to keep their candidates and themselves in the running.

Robert99

smokin99

lol.
Confucius says “The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.”
However, nothing in my prior post should be construed to mean that we should stop trying to solve it. It's like a house of mirrors at the fair when you're young and like that kind of stuff ;)- the fun is in finding the way out, not the final step you make out the door.

Lao Tse followed up: ..."until you find its claws!" :D

Robert99

***In the case of Christiansen, should he be proven NOT to be the hijacker, this would simply eliminate one of the major suspects and we could move on.

Blevins, As you well know, you cannot prove a negative.

Once the real Cooper is identified, all other suspects will be eliminated in one stroke and the whole Cooper matter will be over.

Until that day arrives, the sponsors of KC, Duane, LD, etc., etc., will make it a point to keep their candidates and themselves in the running.

Robert99

Im not sure it would work that way. Likely Cooper is dead.
What happened after he bailed and where he bailed might
linger and plague experts. And identifying him through dna
or prints etc might not necessarily even close the case on
if he survived! That would be a further jinx.

Sometimes real mysteries stay real mysteries -

RobertMBlevins

***lol.

Make no mistake. I believe in facts. I believe in verification and second sources. I've never been here to make a buck, but simply to contribute in any way I can. I also believe in being OPEN about things.

I learned a long time ago that no one person has all the answers regarding the Cooper case. You do what you can, be honest, and hope through your efforts that someone else can add to that effort, or prove you wrong. After more than forty years since the hijacking, I see it as the only possible road.

I also believe you should not be afraid of being proven wrong. In the case of Christiansen, should he be proven NOT to be the hijacker, this would simply eliminate one of the major suspects and we could move on. I am not afraid of that possibility because I know I generally did the best I could on that, and was as honest as possible during that effort.

You can't do anything else. Not really. Otherwise, what's the point?

For nearly three years you said the exact opposite and severely
criticised anyone in your path.

It's easy to say now.

Are you asking forgiveness?

Otherwise, you are still playing the pea and shell game.

Who, what, and where is the real Blevins?
(does it even matter)

:D:D:D

I came upon these articles today. November 25, 1971. I'm sure that they have probably been posted -- maybe when we were discussing the possibility of an escape in Reno, but I can't remember -- so I'm posting again.

Granted this is obviously a very early report, but some interesting items:

1. How the first page mentions a possible escape in Reno. Even the headline alludes to that. "As the plane was taxiing to the terminal, it stopped long enough for the man to escape safely through the emergency exit", the FAA said.

2. How quickly the FBI went to a smokejumper source.

3. Still want to know what the guy in the picture is carrying. :)
4. FAA supervisor monitoring flight. I don't guess this would be in addition to the transcripts that we have access to from Sluggo's site? I don't see this particular guys name on anything, though I realize that doesn't mean a thing.

5. Page 2 - Quick Boeing interview about the door and the test drop.

6. How they let it be known that they were deferring to NW airlines throughout. Just interesting (from today's perspective) that they would publicize that.

7. Where did J. Earl Milnes (I wonder if he's any kin to J. Edgar Hoover) ;)get off to and why did he let Himmelsbach steal his thunder :)

georger

***lol.

:)

MeyerLouie

*********Skyjack71 says in part:

'YOU are going will close the thread down. You are so SELF-consumed you do NOT realize there are some very serious things going on in COOPER WORLD right now. The case is being CLOSED. We do NOT know if it being closed as solved or what terminology they will use...'

Really? Case closed? Says who? Name a verifiable source, please. Marla Cooper claimed the same thing in December 2011 and so far that hasn't happened. On the chance you are right, then you never know. Maybe they ARE closing the case.

Maybe the Seattle FBI finally took the time to go around and talk to a few people. :)

You gave them nothing, Dumbo. You're not smart enough to even come close to accomplishing anything close to that. I'll bet your KC report is in the bottom of some bird cage getting shit on about now. It's intuitively obvious you have an over-inflated opinion of your capabilties and mental aptitude. MeyerLouie

You know what. -- I get that some folks on here don't like Robert Blevins and, while there might even be merit in some of your complaints, this constant back and forth is just plain getting old.

Why don't you just ignore Robert Blevins? Put him on your no-fly list. Really, unless you have a valid post and are responding to his data or logic, why not just ignore his posts and not respond? Just sail right over them. Talk about the flight path, talk about Tina, talk about anything except for RobertMBlevins. It will be hard, but you can do it. :)
Attack the logic and the data, not the person. No one says we h ave to like each other, or that we all don't need an attitude adjustment every once in a while -- but I think the rules do say we need to be somewhat civil.

Yeah, I think Blevins oughta try to ignore a couple of you too cause sometimes I think he gets off on the back and forth. That said - if every post I made was attacked without rhyme or reason I'd probably get worse too.

Just saying.... If Quade came on here today, I'm betting it won't be Blevins that gets banned.

You are my moral agent, my mother now? Already had two, don't need another one. You drop in whenever, once in a blue moon, do your astute analysis, with nice attachments, then you disappear for another month or so. You have bad-mouthed the forum on different occasions -- I think the last time you said your husband couldn't believe that you actually came back to the DZ forum -- I think you said that when you came back to comment on the Cossey tragedy. You have said, on other occasions, you can't believe you keep coming back here to the forum. So why tell us that? Isn't it a bit condescending on your part? No one is forcing you to be here. It's a bit disingenuous. Save the putdowns of the forum, and save criticizing me for my putdowns of you know who..

So, I don't see a whole lot of commitment, on your part, to this forum. It's a bit arrogant (maybe even motherly) for you to drop in once in a blue moon, admonish Blevins, Georger, now me, and others for our unacceptable and childish behavior. Then you say I need to watch out, because I'm the one who's going to get banned.

Actually, I verbally abuse Blevins because he's single-handedly ruining this forum. I actually care about this forum, I am speaking out against the stupidity I see here. Believe it or not, I like talking about the case, I like sharing my research with the other experts on this forum. It's fun. But there's someone here who is ruining all the fun , and we all know who he is.

MeyerLouie

Lol. No, I'm not your mother. Because if I was, I would've taught you some better manners or beat you half to death trying. :)LOL...bad southern joke.
I don't "bad-mouth" this forum and I don't post unless I have something to say. Doesn't mean I'm not around. I've been coming to this establishment a lot longer than you have and, as for commitment - this is a frickin internet forum and I have a life. I contribute if and when I want to. Commitment - nah, you're absolutely right there. I'm committed to a lot of things, but an internet forum isn't on that list.

You're also right in that no one died and made me boss. However, what I said needed to be said and I tried to say it as diplomatically as possible. If you can't see that your incessant attack posts to anything Blevins says and the constant back and forth na-na-na-na-naing between you two bodes ill for the survival of this thread, then I don't know how else to tell you.

And that's all I've got to say about that. Carry on and flame away. I am now going to practice what I preach and ignore you. Have a nice day. :)

smokin99

************Skyjack71 says in part:

MeyerLouie

Lol. No, I'm not your mother. Because if I was, I would've taught you some better manners or beat you half to death trying. :)LOL...bad southern joke.
I don't "bad-mouth" this forum and I don't post unless I have something to say. Doesn't mean I'm not around. I've been coming to this establishment a lot longer than you have and, as for commitment - this is a frickin internet forum and I have a life. I contribute if and when I want to. Commitment - nah, you're absolutely right there. I'm committed to a lot of things, but an internet forum isn't on that list.

You're also right in that no one died and made me boss. However, what I said needed to be said and I tried to say it as diplomatically as possible. If you can't see that your incessant attack posts to anything Blevins says and the constant back and forth na-na-na-na-naing between you two bodes ill for the survival of this thread, then I don't know how else to tell you.

And that's all I've got to say about that. Carry on and flame away. I am now going to practice what I preach and ignore you. Have a nice day. :)
+1
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

"Gayla thinks you might actually be dangerous in real life."

is that really how you read someone who rants online?
You Tube and Facebook must be full of violent people
according to this statement.

when are you going to learn to ignore this and either back
off the thread, or let it go? you have been the center conflict
for some time now (frustrating for all)

I make mistakes all the time, but don't take half the page to
explain it. you get picked on for a reason. learn from your mistakes. B|

since we are talking about "real life" would you continue to go to
an establishment where they teased and constantly gave you a
hard time? doubtful....

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

smokin99

************Skyjack71 says in part:

MeyerLouie

Okay mommy. So you've pretty much scolded Blevins, Georger, and me for being such bad boys with our childish behavior. Does that mean we have to go to our rooms now? You've been around this forum longer than me -- so what?

You've been around the forum longer than me ... and that point are trying to make exactly? So what if you've been around longer?

When you post, try not to say, "I can't believe I'm still here, but...." or "I can't believe I still keep coming back here, but....". Save it, keep it to yourself. Say what you're going to say, keep the condescending remarks to yourself.

And I assure you, Mommy, I will be ignoring you as well.

MeyerLouie

RobertMBlevins

That was Gayla's opinion, not mine. Meyer is certainly a hot-and-cold type. I have met him personally, which makes a difference when evaluating someone's online behavior and statements. He had a large part in the first few minutes of the video I shot at Ariel last November. If he showed up to the triple-feature in August, I would just hand him his snacks and popcorn and show him where the seats were. We probably wouldn't discuss the case, though...;)

One reason Gayla gets a bit jumpy are the phone calls. She mostly answers the AB phone, and although the majority of the Cooper Calls are simple questions, interview requests, or other niceties...occasionally she gets a call from a Cooper Nut. I tell her to just hang up, but sometimes she gets to be a Nervous Nellie. This has been especially true since the murder of Earl Cossey. ('You don't think that person would show up HERE, do you?' My answer: 'No'.) At first, she wondered if it was a Cooperland Nut behind it. I assured her this was extremely unlikely. But you know how it is...:)

regardless as to who said it, it wasn't appropriate. meeting someone for a couple hours doesn't tell to much unless something out of the ordinary happens. this is another reason one doesn't marry to quickly because they really don't know that person.

you might want to look into "paranoia" since someone feels as if a "cooper nut" is out to get them. that is a very 'narrow mined" response.

are we to label people now on unsolved crimes and myteries? people looking into the OJ murders should now be call "O.J. nuts" "Amelia Earhart nuts" JFK wacko's etc. ? or any other demeaning term for someone interested heavily into a mystery? since you are on here every single day, what exactly is the term for you? cooper nut, wacko, fool, expert? I believe on other forms and the way this country views things today, your statements would be considered racist.....no? sometimes your thoughts are very disturbing.......
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

RobertMBlevins

MeyerLouie says in part:

'Actually, I verbally abuse Blevins because he's single-handedly ruining this forum. I actually care about this forum, I am speaking out against the stupidity I see here. Believe it or not, I like talking about the case, I like sharing my research with the other experts on this forum. It's fun. But there's someone here who is ruining all the fun , and we all know who he is...'

Is that how you see things? LOL you haven't contributed a thing except over-the-top, garbage-mouth insults for weeks now. Sometimes one right on top of the other. When I met you at Ariel, you seemed like a nice guy. Now it's gotten to the point where Gayla thinks you might actually be dangerous in real life. No kidding. (She doesn't post here, but she occasionally drops by just to read what's going on.)

One thing you do is keep calling everything I have presented a lie. But you've never said which, what, or where. Just 'everything'. As if I would be stupid enough to put my name, address, and phone number on a false report to a Seattle FBI office only twenty miles from my house. Do you realize what would happen to me if the FBI went around and checked those allegations, wasting their time, and found out it was all a pack of lies? They would probably arrest me on some Federal charge or another. And I'm not stupid enough to put myself into that situation. So stop saying I lied about everything unless you are ready to prove it.

If you are really here to discuss the Cooper case, then back off and start doing it.

Actually I'm not all that dangerous in real life -- I just have this thing for not caring what I say to people I have absolutely no respect for. If I were dangerous in real life, then I wouldn't have a PhD and be teaching at a well respected university. They don't hire dangerous people here. This is a public forum, Blevins, not real life -- although for you, I can see how fantasy and reality have gotten confused for you here.

I don't think you intentionally lie, Blevins. You just go off half-cocked, and the erroneous information that comes out just sounds like a lie. I probably shouldn't fault you for your inability to logically think things through and your inability to critically think about things. But I do fault you for using the forum for your personal and financial gain.

Sounds like Smokin's words have given you a ton of confidence. I'm going to take her motherly advice and just try to ignore you. You and everyone else here know exactly where I stand and what I really think of you. I can let up on that.

So, I guess this means I won't be getting a Christmas card this year, huh?

MeyerLouie

RobertMBlevins

Cooper-Oriented News: (Sort of) I saw this on the news today and thought the whole thing was really weird. Copied over on Fair Use.

'INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — An Indiana woman put on death row at age 16 for killing an elderly Bible school teacher is being released.

Paula Cooper's death sentence at such a young age drew international protests and a plea for clemency from Pope John Paul II. Now at age 43, Cooper is set to be freed Monday.

She was 15 on May 14, 1985, when she and two other teenage girls entered 78-year-old Ruth Pelke's home in Gary by telling her they were interested in Bible lessons. Once inside, Cooper stabbed Pelke 33 times before the girls ransacked the house.

The Indiana Supreme Court set Cooper's death sentence aside in 1988 and ordered her to serve 60 years in prison after state legislators raised the minimum age limit for execution from 10 to 16....'

They had the death penalty set to TEN YEARS OLD at one time? OMG. Tell you one thing. This woman is being released, sure. But she needs to be permanently banned from owning any knives. :)

There you go again, Blevins -- and what relevance does this have to DB Cooper...???? It just doesn't get through, does it?

MeyerLouie

Blevins said:

.... He [MeyerLouie] had a large part in the first few minutes of the video I shot at Ariel last November. If he showed up to the triple-feature in August...

Feel free to delete me out of your video. Showing up at the Auburn triple feature???

Let's see now....what's that saying about hell freezing over...?

MeyerLouie

georger

***lol.

:):ph34r: Ohhhh! SO right!B|;) Especially when IT leaps off a rafter in that DARK barn to attack its prey! Ever seen a cat attack a rat? If he is hungry or under attack he doesn't 'play' with it - he goes for the kill!

:|[:/]If the cat attacks a rattlesnake then the snake wins. There was a very large wild tabby (orange and white stripped) Tom Cat on the farm.

He lived off of his kills other than a pan of milk placed out for him near the smoke house on rare occassions.

His job was to keep the rats out of the smoke house and the hen house. Under the Apple tree I found him one day - his body swollen with venom and he was still alive and I as I touched him for the first time - he closed his eyes and died. I never ever forgot that. I still see it as vividly as the day it happened.

He had never been domesticated because he had a purpose, but in that moment of death I am glad he was NOT alone. You DID your job well Tom!

My father buried him near the apple tree.

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

RobertMBlevins

You won't be missed.

Something all users in this forum should take note of. We're getting far too many complaints about the actions and tones in this forum. There are a couple of users in particular being called out for not staying on topic and attacking other users rather than simply talking the merits of theories.

It would be a wise man who worried less about others and more about their own words here.

None of you are indispensable or fire proof in terms of being banned. The discussions will go on just fine without you.

Stick to the topic of the DB Cooper case. You want to attack a theory: fine. Do NOT attack users. You want to talk about DB Cooper: fine. Do NOT bring modern politics into it.

Consider this both a global and specific warning at the same time. If you think it applies to you, then tone it down and dial it back. If you don't think it applies to you, then you're wrong.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***You won't be missed.

Something all users in this forum should take note of. We're getting far too many complaints about the actions and tones in this forum. There are a couple of users in particular being called out for not staying on topic and attacking other users rather than simply talking the merits of theories.

It would be a wise man who worried less about others and more about their own words here.

None of you are indispensable or fire proof in terms of being banned. The discussions will go on just fine without you.

Stick to the topic of the DB Cooper case. You want to attack a theory: fine. Do NOT attack users. You want to talk about DB Cooper: fine. Do NOT bring modern politics into it.

Consider this both a global and specific warning at the same time. If you think it applies to you, then tone it down and dial it back. If you don't think it applies to you, then you're wrong.

Well, it's easy for me.

I refuse to post here under these INTOLERABLE CONDITIONS.

You can ban me if you want.

I am entitled to my viewpoint on the ROBERTMBLEVINS socalled
ADVENTURE BOOKS REGIME that has controlled every facet of
life here for three years.

As I see this, it is a literal choice between HIM or US!

This is a disgrace and crazy on it's face.

I have another Cooper forum I can go to if I want, where I have
some personal control over matters such as this. Where neither
RobertMBlevins/Adventure Books or Jo Weber are allowed,
period.

The fact is: this forum is not indispensable or fire proof in terms
of DB Cooper discussion. The discussions will go on just fine
without this thread!

In less than a week Blevins will be right back doing "his thing"
here, as usual. Aesop's fable applies in this case. A troll is a
troll, and can only be a TROLL.

georger

******You won't be missed.

Well, it's easy for me.

I refuse to post here under these INTOLERABLE CONDITIONS.

You can ban me if you want.

I am entitled to my viewpoint on the ROBERTMBLEVINS socalled
ADVENTURE BOOKS REGIME that has controlled every facet of
life here for three years.

As I see this, it is a literal choice between HIM or US!

This is a disgrace and crazy on it's face.

I have another Cooper forum I can go to if I want, where I have
some personal control over matters such as this. Where neither
RobertMBlevins/Adventure Books or Jo Weber are allowed,
period.

The fact is: this forum is not indispensable or fire proof in terms
of DB Cooper discussion. The discussions will go on just fine
without this thread!

In less than a week Blevins will be right back doing "his thing"
here, as usual. Aesop's fable applies in this case. A troll is a
troll, and can only be a TROLL.

I'm with Georger, wholeheartedly. I'll take myself out.... MeyerLouie